shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting my journey...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
So I''m finally doing it. I''m setting a goal to lose 40 pounds. Right now I am a size 14 and have never been so out of shape. My FF and I plan on getting engaged within 6 months and I really want to be happy with my body and myself at our wedding.

I joined a gym last week and am going to have 30 minutes personal training sessions once a week for at least 2 months (plus at least 2 other days a week of working out on my own). I''m hoping the personal training will teach me what I need to do to accomplish my goal. I also ordered the 30 Day Shred video to do on those days that I can''t make it to the gym. I am also starting a diet today and have been looking over the great recipes you all have shared (I am a big pasta person, so the low fat pasta and chicken recipes are the ones I''m excited to try).

I just wanted to share because I need some support and some accountability. I have never tried to do this before and really need to. I''m scared, excited, anxious, and nervous- but I''m really happy that I''m finally taking this first step!
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
GC29, congratulations on making the move! I am in the same position. I’m finally into a solid 14 and wanting to lose 40lbs long-term and 20 short term. We’ll do it together

drinkingbuddies.gif
(Don''t worry, those are nonfat
2.gif
)

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:03:41 AM
Author: fieryred33143
GC29, congratulations on making the move! I am in the same position. I’m finally into a solid 14 and wanting to lose 40lbs long-term and 20 short term. We’ll do it together

drinkingbuddies.gif
(Don''t worry, those are nonfat
2.gif
)

Thanks Fiery! I''m really scared that I just won''t be able to stick to it.... and those beers are part of the problem (especially during football season!!!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m doing the same thing and it is coming off slowly but surely! Best of luck with it-you can definitely do it!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I hear you on the being scared part. I find that what works really well for me is having some accountability. My best friend and I were trying to lose weight together. She and I would email each other every morning with weight difference from the previous day and what we ate/plan to eat that day. We had a weekly weigh-in which I think was on Tuesdays. Anyway, whe we did it together it really altered my behaviour. I would want to skip out on the gym and say no, I have to email her tomorrow
3.gif
. The weight started coming off slowly.

I''m much more lazier when I don''t hold myself accountable. I think having a PT will be a great way to start things off!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on starting your journey! I agree with you totally on the accountability keeping you more on track. Why not join us in the Healthy Lifestyle thread? Not only do we support each other, but we share a lot of great tips in terms of nutrition and exercise that you might find helpful. Come on over!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoingCrazy, I am very excited for you to start your journey. I''ve been on mine for 2 years now and can''t say I have any regrets at all that I decided to work towards a healthier life. You are certainly working hard at developing new habits. No worries about having a beer now and then - just work it in to you daily calories. Good luck. I am cheering you on!
cheerleader1.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I just wanted to say good luck to you, I am starting my journey now too!

Hope it goes well!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hey!

Welcome to the HL area...I just started my journey about 3 days ago so, I am feeling you!

Good luck on your journey!!!!
35.gif

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi there GoingCrazy. I hear you. I am totally in the same boat. I am getting married next May and would love to lose as much weight as possible. I am between a 14/15 depending on the brand. I think it is awesome that you have a trainer. I have my 5th session tomorrow and they really help out a lot. My trainer is awesome. She doesn''t let me cheat and totally lets me know if I am doing an exercise wrong. I need that because it is hard to see what you look like when you are exercising. Good luck on your journey. The people on here are awesome and will totally support you and offer you advice if you have questions.
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Good for you! I wish I could, but I am a bit depressed and it is hard to get out of!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results