shape
carat
color
clarity

Multi-Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Do you take one? What kind?

I was at the doctor yesterday and she suggested taking two single servings of a children''s vitamin each day. She claims that taking an adult serving once a day doesn''t do the job, as it does not get fully absorbed. Seems to make sense to me. What do you think?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the University I took a class on Nutrition and true they don't get absorbed but some do and if you eat them with a meal your chance of absorbing them increases a bit. The vitamins usually show up in urine if it is bright yellow, sorry tmi but there is controversy on how much is absorbed and not. I don't understand why children's vitamins would be better; did she explain that?? I never hear that before in regards to childrens vitamins vs. adult vitamins.

I do take a multi vitamin to get my calcium in.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
She said children''s were better b/c they are smaller doses which can be fully absorbed and hence why she recommended two per day taken on separate occasions, as opposed to the one adult vitamin per day. This way your system doesn''t get overloaded by processing one vitamin that is never fully absorbed, as opposed to two smaller doses of vitamins that do.

It seems logical to me - but who knows. My Dr. is a huge vitamin proponent and recommends folic acid, vitamic D, calcium, flax seed and a multi every day. It seems a bit excessive for me, considering I eat very healthy.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Vit D is really important if you do not live in a sunny area, and calcium to help absorb the Vit D. I live in the NW so i HAVE to take it during the winter, or i turn into a pale lunatic. and i am a big stinker about getting the good vit''s through food, not pills.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:31:10 AM
Author: Skippy123
At the University I took a class on Nutrition and true they don't get absorbed but some do and if you eat them with a meal your chance of absorbing them increases a bit. The vitamins usually show up in urine if it is bright yellow, sorry tmi but there is controversy on how much is absorbed and not. I don't understand why children's vitamins would be better; did she explain that?? I never hear that before in regards to childrens vitamins vs. adult vitamins.

I do take a multi vitamin to get my calcium in.
My friend who was a Sports Med major in college also told me this. I recently read an article that also said this, but the article listed vitamins that do get absorbed. I believe calcium was one of them especially if it's accompanied by vitamin D. I think folic acid was another one. I'll try to look to see if I can find the article.

Also, I take chewable gummy bear vitamins, b/c I can't swallow those gigantic pills.

Ummmmmmmm ... not sure I want to ask this, but I will anyway. I apologize in advance for TMI. So, when I drink vitamin water I have to urinate a lot more frequently than I normally do. Is this b/c the vitamins are passing right through my system?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 8:32:44 PM
Author: brightlight

My friend who was a Sports Med major in college also told me this. I recently read an article that also said this, but the article listed vitamins that do get absorbed. I believe calcium was one of them especially if it''s accompanied by vitamin D. I think folic acid was another one. I''ll try to look to see if I can find the article.

Also, I take chewable gummy bear vitamins, b/c I can''t swallow those gigantic pills.

Ummmmmmmm ... not sure I want to ask this, but I will anyway. I apologize in advance for TMI. So, when I drink vitamin water I have to urinate a lot more frequently than I normally do. Is this b/c the vitamins are passing right through my system?

for me its what ever they put in the water to make it sweet. i am the same way! but maybe becuase i drink it really fast, and then drink more water.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results