carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

marcy-I hope your dad continued to improve today, and I also hope your mom is doing okay. Does she need someone staying with her, or can she stay by herself? I hope you got to bed early last night like you said you were going to!

I felt a little better today. I'm tired from all the medicine, I think. I try not to take pain medicine unless I absolutely need it because it makes me feel so lousy. I didn't take any at all today and I definitely can't take it at work tomorrow or they'll find me snoozing face down on my desk! I decided to treat myself to a manicure this afternoon. I don't get anything too exciting...a French manicure applied to my natural nails. No glitter, designs, or anything like that. I get the shellac polish which keeps me from biting my nails. Matt brought home spaghetti for dinner. It tasted especially good because I hadn't eaten all day. (the medicine I take during a flare up makes me nauseous) We were going to head to TCBY for frozen yogurt, but Matt fell asleep on the couch and my stomach is telling me not to eat anything else. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, good idea to treat yourself to a manicure! I am glad you didn't break anything when you fell but it sounds like you are having a major flare up with everything. That is too bad the medicine makes you feel lousy and tired; I hope you continue to improve everyday. 90 degree weather? I hope they get the air conditioner fixed for you. Good luck going back to work tomorrow. Take a nap at your desk - no one will care. :bigsmile:

My dad got moved to rehab about 3 pm today. It is in a building that used to be a hospital here and it's is definitely not as nice as the hospital but it's not bad. He has his own room and the TV is brighter and closer so he's happy with that. They make them go to the dining room to eat so that will be nice for him to get out of his room for meals. They can order a "guest" meal once a day so my mom can eat with him. That will be nice. The nurse I met seemed to be friendly. He will have about 4 hours of therapy tomorrow, 3 hours before lunch and one after lunch. I am sure he'll be sore by then. His knee continues to improve and his hip really isn't hurting him too much. We took him up sweats and t-shirts and I took him up his walker. Marty and I went to Lowes to find a different shower head for them; they will need one with a wand. We got their plants watered and visited with my mom for awhile. My dad told me she is really depressed but I knew she was. Poor things. She has been pretty blue for a few years as her health continues to fail. She is stubborn too and doesn't like to ask for help. My dad told me she even got out a stool to climb up to get down cereal. I am going to go get her one of those grabbers tomorrow but I worry she'll try something heavy and lose her balance or something. She wants us to dust and vacuum this weekend and we need to pick up all their throw rugs. Marty moved their trash can right by the back door so she can just step out on the back porch and throw out the trash. I am going to urge my dad to talk her in to not worrying about recycling things until he is better. She doesn't need to keep running things out to the recycle trash can that is on the far side of the patio.

Work was a little busy today but I am so distracted I didn't mind being busy. I left at 4 again (I am skipping my lunch hour).

We split a burger for supper and they had 2 fers margaritas so we each had one.

Well, I am off to bed. I need to get more sleep now than usual. I am waking up a lot.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I'm glad to hear your dad has already been moved for rehab. That sounds like progress. Too funny about the tv. It's the little things... I hate to hear your mom is depressed, but I'm sure she's really worried about a lot of things right now. It's understandable. Hopefully she'll enjoy her guest meals with your dad. I also understand her not wanting to ask for help. Matt gets mad at me because I don't always ask for help and then end up aggravating something. It's hard to give up your independence, even on small things. I'm 44, and I'm already eyeing one of those grabbers!

Today seemed like a super long day. I'm worn out and already in bed at 8:45. We stopped for dinner at a home cooking restaurant and I had turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans. We had to stop by the grocery store for a few things and were going to get a treat from TCBY afterwards, but all I can think about is going to sleep. Maybe tomorrow. I had to go to the eye dr today to see about getting my glasses repaired because Lily chewed the both of ear pieces. I think the cats knocked them off of my nightstand on Friday while I was conked out from medicine, and Lily thinks anything in the floor is fair game. Anyway, my credit card was denied for the copayment. I called the credit card company, and apparently someone attempted to use the number this morning and the credit card company closed the account. They said my entire 16 digit number had been compromised and fraudulent attempts had been made. I'm really glad they caught it and I hope nothing else comes from it. Unfortunately the information contained in the magnetic stripe has also been compromised, so the credit card company contacted the 3 credit bureaus to report the breach. Eek! I needed to stop by the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, but didn't have enough cash with me for the $50 copayment! I really dislike thiefs. Have a good day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I got one of those grabbers today and I want one too. I am short so use BBQ tongues a lot to get things down from high places. Hopefully my mom will use it. My dad actually had one at rehab and told me he wanted one - I said I've already got it in the car. LOL. My dad had about 4 hours or rehab today and I was quite impressed at how quick he got out of his chair and used the walker to get down the hall tonight. He can raise that leg now too. Great improvement. I imagine they will take him to the doctor on Friday or Monday to get his staples taken out. It is very hard to give up your independence. How awful about your credit card. That is wonderful they caught it but what a hassle for you. I hope whoever got the number didn't buy anything with it. I am sure you are worn out from being in pain. That makes me tired too.

Work was busy today. I had to test my software upgrade again and gave it a definite "FAIL"! I left at 4 and went to get my mom the grabber then went to the hospital. My dad was setting up and waiting for suppertime. My mom was going to run out to Weight Watchers so I told her I'd follow her home and then take her out there. I needed to water their flowers and put their trash out. I ran her to WW then contacted Marty to see if they were done playing golf. I had him order me a glass of wine and I met him and his golf buddy for drink. I took us some sandwiches for supper. I was going to go get my hair cut then but Marty wanted me to go to Lowes with him to pick out the stuff for my parent's shower. I also want him to get an extension and shut off valve for their back hose. They've built up their back porch and so it is hard to turn the water and off and on from the back porch. My dad and Marty just climb in to the flower box but I can't do that and my mom told me she uses her foot. Aak to that idea. So I asked my dad if I could have Marty modify it so we could turn it off and on from the edge of that flower box. It will be easier for him too when we can get around. It was about 8 by then so we came home. Hopefully I can get my hair cut soon; my fur hat is getting long and hot. The rehab place also requested a specific chair for their shower but it won't fit in their tub so I printed out some shower chairs tonight that I hope they approve for him. Then I'll have to try and find them or get it ordered in time.

Well, I think I'll get ready for bed and try to go to sleep before 10:30. I am beat.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We had a busy weekend. Friday night we went to get the shower bench for my dad then went to see him at rehab. We had supper then came home and crashed. Saturday Marty was off to play golf - I made hair appointments for both me and my mom so I picked her up and we went to get our hair done. My mom needed a shampoo and style and I wanted a hair cut. I wanted several inches cut off the length plus reshaping and layering. Overall he did a good job but didn't cut much length off. I took her home and did some things for her at the house. I meet Marty for lunch then we went to Lowes and got stuff for some more projects at my parents house. After my mom woke up from her nap we went over and Marty got the shower seat in their shower, moved the grab bar that was on the bathtub and put a handheld shower head in the shower for them. Marty also put an extension and shut off valve for their back hose. They other one was hard even for Marty to reach and he's tall with long arms. He moved it to the edge of the flower bed and now anyone can reach it. We then went up to visit my dad and went to supper. No, I haven't been cooking much with all my running and chores. This morning I did laundry and ran down and watered flowers for my mom and picked up their throw rugs. It sounds like my dad will get to come home on Tuesday.

Today my sister, brother-in-law, 2 nephews and one of their wives came to help do some chores for my mom and all of us went to dinner. We had Marty's parents come too. Originally it was just going to be us and our parents but once my dad fell plans kind of changed.

Marty is leaving for the airport about 2:30 in the morning. He is flying back east for the week.

I hope you had a great weekend! :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! :wavey:

My dad got to go home today. I took over tacos for supper for all of us. My mom fixed fresh strawberries for dessert. I watered thier flowers then came home. I timed it well because Marty called me about the time I sat down o the couch.

Work was busy and I worked on paperwork most of the day.

I got some new tennis shoes during lunch today. I'll have to take them for a walk. :bigsmile:

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm so glad to hear your dad got to go home. Yay! I hope that means he is doing very well. How about your mom? I bet you're exhausted, so be sure to take good care of yourself. Will Marty be back home for the weekend? My haircut lady told me that she bought a grabber when she had back surgery in January. She said it was the most awesome little gadget. I think I NEED one. We gave mom her iPad on Sunday and she absolutely loves it. On the phone tonight, she said that I didn't warn her about how addictive it would be!

I had a really lousy pain week and am so relieved tomorrow is Friday. I went to the dr on Monday and he confirmed that I already have a few vertebrae fusing themselves together. It happens with the disease I have in my spine/joints and there's not a thing that can be done to stop it. He told me not to even think about taking serious walks right now until the inflammation from my flare up calms down. Tuesday I sneezed hard and haven't been able to turn my head to the left since due to a pinched nerve. Wednesday I stepped on a stick with my bare foot and ended up with a puncture wound. Today I twisted my other foot because I'm walking funny due to my puncture wound. It has been such a laughable week! On top of that, I had my hair straightened at my usual salon on Saturday and ended up with strawberry blonde hair. My hair is normally dark brown. I have received a lot of compliments and people have told me not to have it dyed back to dark. I think it looks really strange on me, but I may leave it for a while. It's good to change things up, right? I have done extra good with food this week since I can't exercise, but I did treat myself to a big glass of Guiness with dinner tonight. I have my fingers and toes crossed for a better week next week. Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is wonderful that your mom loves her iPad. Yes, they are addictive. I sure use mine a lot. I think I'll get me a grabber too. They are pretty handy and I am short and have short arms. I sure hate to hear about your vertebrae fusing together, no wonder you've been in so much pain. Ouch to hurting both of your feet and pinching a nerve in your neck - you've had one heck of a week. Put on some bubble wrap and take it easy this weekend. It sounds like your new hair color is a nice change; it is always fun to try something new. Feel better1

My folks are doing okay but both of them are tired. My dad had his first outing today. A buddy of his took him to get his hair cut this morning then took him to the VA hospital to get set up for therapy. They only have one PT right now and they are going to give him 2 thirty minute sessions a week. I think he should be getting more but for some reason he wants to go to the VA hospital. They also are thinking about getting one of the chairs that will go up and down the stairs. My mom who has been depressed and very quiet said "that means we could stay in this house longer". I kind of thought she was facing an unpleasant realization that if my dad doesn't recover they will have to move from their current house. Their laundry is in the basement. That is also where my mom sews and they have their freezer and another refrigerator in the basement. They had a house in Arizona that they sold when she got sick because she just wanted to be at home. I hope they decide to go ahead with that but then I worry it can be dangerous for them as well. I will have to ask more questions about safety features on the chair. My dad seems still very cautious and is worried about falling again. His knee is still really bad.

Marty gets back tomorrow. I took a picture of the Killer Rabbit and my Teddy Bear using his PC. I posted the picture with the caption, "See I told you I knew his password. Now that we are in the App store let's go buy Trivial Pursuit. Marty will think Marcy bought it'. When we only had one PC I had a Trivial Pursuit game that I would install and it would rewrite the config sys of our PC. It would start to break other programs so Marty would spends days getting them all fixed and of course delete my TP. I'd forget and install it again about 6 months later. About the 3rd time I did that Marty snapped the CD in half. Every time we see TP in a store for the PC I always say, "oh look. There is Trivial Pursuit". I usually get a dirty look and the comment to "move along". :bigsmile:

Well it's past my bedtime and I still have to get ready for bed and take my jewels out of their bath.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? It's Sunday and almost noon? Say it ain't so. ;-)

We had a busy weekend. We had our astronomy club meeting Friday night. It started it rain Saturday night so Marty met his golf buddies for breakfast instead of on the golf course. After it cleared up a little bit they went to the range and took videos of each other hitting golf balls then came here and played them on the iPad to "analyze" their swings. I did mock them appropriately and asked them to put them on the TV so I could make more fun of them.

Then we went to the club for a drink and lunch. By then it was pretty nice so they decided to play 18 holes. I went grocery shopping and over to visit my parents. My mom needed a few things from the grocery store so I picked that up for her. My dad is getting pretty bored already but he is kind of worried about doing too much or falling so for now that is keeping him at home. He is going to have my nephew that is coming for weekend chores take them to Olive Garden for dinner. I hope that works well for them.

Marty got up and left about 7 today. I tried to go back to sleep but really wasted that hour tossing and turning. I finally got up, showered, went to water my parent's flowers then came home and started cleaning bathrooms, floors and changing sheets. I need a nap now. My dad was laughing at me because the sheets I am butting on our bed were clean and in the hall closet but I washed them again anyway. They are cotton and we haven't use them since last fall. We use flannel sheets in the winter. He told me I should just put the flannel sheets away dirty since I'll wash them again next fall. I am anal that way.

I started some baked potatoes and hope Marty gets home in about an hour to cook some steaks on the grill. Tonight is an annual solar eclipse so I hope to get to see that. We can see the Sun eclipsed about 75% from here. I have solar filters between 2 camera filters that I keep car to look safely at the sun. That size of filters fit on my old SLR zoom lens. Well naturally it is 58mm and new DSLR needs a 52mm so I had to cut that filters down to fit in the smaller size filter. That was fun I had to get rubber finger cots so I didn't get fingerprints all over the solar film and it is like tin foil so not the easiest thing to cut but I finally got it to fit in the smaller filters.

Well, my dryer buzzer is calling me name.
Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Marcy, I just was wondering if you are watching the Eclipse?? I am! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy! I am glad you enjoyed the eclipse. It was a total annular there, huh? We had about 76% eclipsed here but I sure enjoyed watching it.

Marty and I chased around to 3 spots to get the longest view of the eclipse last night until the Sun was sinking below the horizon. We had fun.

Work was slow today which made for a long day. Looks like Marty was busy cutting down trees outside here today. He is at the range and was going to be home 30 minutes ago to cook steaks for us on the grill. I have the rice ready and I am starved. Aak! He's not real good about watching his time.

My dad has his first doctor's appointment tomorrow. I hope he gets a good report card and they let him do a bit more. They are seriously considering putting in the electric chair for the stairs. I suggested they look in to getting a sprinkler system put in as well.

Well, I guess I'll go find some more raw veggies to nibble on for awhile.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I saw the ring of fire!!! It was so cool! :love: I thought of you because I know you love Astronomy!!!! I am glad you got to see part of it though!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, the ring of fire looks so cool. I have never got to see one in person before but did see a total eclipse one time as a kid. I have enjoyed several partial eclipses too. Yes, I do love astronomy.

I had a busy day at work. I ran out to an eye doctor appointment and sure enough my latest prescription (Jan this year) has changed and it very close to the last prescription I have in my old glasses (now about 2 years old). They are doing a doctor change to put in new lenses in my sunglasses and glasses. Then my new glasses are pretty heavy so they said I could do a "style" change so I get all of the above free. The important thing to me is - hopefully I can see.

My dad went to the doctor today. All he told him was the incision looks good. They will X-ray the hip the next time he is there. After his hip is healed they will operate on his knee. Poor guy will be laid up till about October. They are going to get the electric chair in their house and my mom is driving my dad around so that is good I guess.

I didn't get home until about 6 so I picked up tacos for supper. It was Taco Tuesday so the line was long but I caught up on my email while I was setting there.

Tomorrow I am going to leave a roast cooking in the crock pot. Good plan.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm glad to hear your dad is getting better, but having surgery right after getting better isn't something to look forward to. They kid me at work about either having to get either a one story house or one of those motorized chairs for the steps. They decided I'd figure out a way to wreck the chair, so I should go for the one story house. I hope they have your eyes figured out and glad to hear you won't have to pay. I wear daily disposable lenses and buy a one year supply at a time. They can't correct my left eye with contacts, but they get it fairly close. The lense for my right eye was way off this year. Since I can't see clearly with my left eye and the right eye was way off, I was getting some bad headaches everyday. My eye dr reexamined that eye and agreed to switch the 360 lenses I had just purchased for the right eye for a new supply of stronger lenses. Whew! I can mostly see again!

Hi skippy!

Nothing new to report here. I still can't take my walks. My back is still really stiff and swollen, and I feel like someone is constantly karate chopping my neck. I'm trying not to let myself get down in the dumps, although I admit I'm struggling with that. I'm eating really light since I can't exercise. Work is super busy, which is both good and bad. Bad because I have too much to do to stay home, but good because it keeps my thoughts occupied all day and helps me stay focused. We're starting to move ahead on our home projects, which is exciting. Well be ordering a new front door, full view screen door and shutters this weekend. Our landscapers are planning to come within the next week, the AC guy came today to get info so he can prepare a few quotes. I have paint swatches taped up everywhere, and will go to Home Depot this weekend to buy a few samples. After we paint, we plan to get new light fixtures and finish the kitchen project we started last year. The very last thing will be carpet. If we want to put our house up for sale after that, it will be ready. I had to suck it up and arrange for our cleaning service to come every week instead of biweekly, and had to request that they include the master bedroom and master bath. I have always taken care of that and the service did the rest of the house, but I can't do it anymore. Maybe after this never ending flare up goes down, but not now. I have doctor's orders not to clean! I'm off to bed now. Good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your vision sounds like mine. I can't correct mine all the way anymore either. The hard contacts worked great for distance vision but I couldn't read anything without reading glasses. I am glad they replaced your contact supply for you. LOL about crashing the chair. I am already worried that my mom will have some kind of accident with it. I hate to hear your are still getting unwanted attention from your back. I hope you continue to improve. Darn it anyway that you can't go for your walks yet but I am really envious of your maid. I am getting closer all the time to hiring one.

We had a busy day at work only because we are short some people. I walked to the other building 3 times to take some paperwork to HR so that was my morning walk. I had spaghetti-O's for lunch - I had them in the cupboard as soft food when they pulled my tooth. I left a roast cooking in the crockpot so I had that for supper. Marty is out playing golf so he'll have to heat up his supper when he gets home.

My dad called me and said my mom's driving is awful and it's driving him crazy. She parks on the curb, parks really bad and kind of hugs the side of the road. I didn't know what to say. I still think he can drive with his left leg but he doesn't seem to want to try. I feel bad about it but I can't take off work that much to drive them around town. I need to look in to the services we have here locally that maybe can help them.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-too funny your dad is complaining about your mom's driving. I hope he's exaggerating a little. When Matt had surgery on his left knee, he wasn't allowed to drive for over 9 months. He had a huge brace from his ankle all the way to the top of his leg. Poor guy had to be chauffeured everywhere. I'm sure it gets old fast. Having a cleaning service is awesome. On Mondays I come home to a spotless house that smells soooo clean and fresh, and I didn't have to do anything but leave a check. Totally worth it...I highly recommend it! They've never been in my bedroom or bathroom, so that's going to feel kind of weird. Old lady eyes stink, you know? I can see really well out of my glasses and probably should ditch contacts but I just really hate wearing glasses full time. Roast for dinner sounds wonderful!

I had a better day today than yesterday. The karate chop feeling in my neck died down a little, but my back is still too swollen to do much of anything. I had a mini panic attack this afternoon at work thinking of everything I have to get done in a short time. I forgot breakfast this morning, and lunch was roast beef and the bottom half of a bun from Arby's, and dinner was 1/2 portion of spaghetti from a local pizza place. I had an apple, a banana, and a handful of peanuts as snacks today. I instituted a new rule for myself this week so I would drink more water. I'm not allowed to have more ounces of soda than of water in a day, and I'm not allowed to have a soda unless I've had at least 1 bottle of water (meaning no diet dew 1st thing in the mornings). I'm about to float away! Have a great ay tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Deegee, I don't think my dad is exaggerating on my mom's driving. My sister wants to tell her she shouldn't drive anymore. I think since my parents both are still mentally there we should stay out of it. I probably shouldn't have told my sister. What kind of surgery did Matt have on his knee? I had both knees operated on but was able to drive in about 6 weeks. None of it is any fun!!! Glad to hear the pain in your neck is feeling a little better. That is progress. I hope you continue to get better all the time. Do you have any fun plans for the holiday weekend.

I met some friends for lunch then stopped by my parents house to water their flowers and put their trashcans back. My dad was out in the driveway working on their trunk. He at least had his walker with him. Then I went back to work and impatiently waited for 5 pm to roll around. Marty had a golf lesson this afternoon and wanted to go play golf afterwards. He asked if I wanted to ride with them but since it's only in the 60's today I said no - it would be too cold for me. So I stopped and visited my parents then came home and made Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner. I really went all out to fix a gourmet meal. :bigsmile:

I am working on laundry tonight. I am getting a head start on weekend chores.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm sorry to hear your dad isn't exaggerating. Yikes. I don't blame you for wanting to stay out of it. Matt had to have a menisectomy (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) along with reconstruction of the ACL. He had some other damage too and has really bad scars from the surgery. Your gourmet meal sounds good to me! Did you have wine with it? We're not doing anything exciting this weekend-probably our usual Sunday in KY. How about you?

I didn't have the healthiest food today. I had a banana for breakfast, the other half of my spaghetti from last night for lunch, and a hot fudge and peanut butter sundae for dinner. I haven't snacked, so I actually finish the day with a point left. It's really eye opening to see that I only had those 3 items and used almost all of my points. It makes you realize how fattening certain things really are. I plan to take the day off tomorrow so Matt and I can get a few things done around the house. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you have a nice long weekend.

Deegee, sounds like Matt's knee surgery was quite the ordeal for him. I hope it is okay for him now. It is amazing how quickly points / calories can add up from things. I did not have wine with my gourmet dinner but had a glass with Marty and his golf buddy awhile ago. We have a pretty lazy weekend planned.

Marty is in a golf tournament all 3 days this weekend. He woke up about 4 am this morning and didn't go back to sleep. He had a rough day of golf too. I made my dad his favorite cookies this morning. He likes those thick sour cream sugar cookies that you need to chill first so I brewed up the cookies last night and baked them this morning. I had freezer paper covered with paper towels on my countertop, tin foil on my bread board to roll the cookies out and I went to get my tupperware cup out of the cupboard that I use as my cookie cutter. My cupboard door knocked a little ceramic bunny off a shelf and broke and even though the bunny is about 3 1/2 to 4 inches high and not very heavy it smashed the side of my crystal butter dish which flew all over the place. Both of these are sentimental pieces. My mom made me a set of bunnies in ceramics and the crystal butter dish was my grandmas. I about cried. Since there was glass everywhere I had to throw out all the paper towels and foil I had out already because I didn't want to get glass in anything. My mom gave me one of my great aunt's crystal dishes so I'll still have something but I sure felt bad breaking my grandmas. The top of the dish is okay so maybe I can find a bottom that works with it. My niece-in-law makes wonderful ceramic things so I am going to see if she can fix my bunny.

After I got my cookies baked I went to my parents and watered their flowers. My dad wanted me to help him go out to his garage and get a few things. I was very nervous about it but it was okay. I worry if he went to fall or something if I could really stop him from falling. After I got home Marty called so I went out there to have a sandwich with him at the golf course. He was going to Walmart to get practice sticks (something to practice swinging a club for golf) so I called and asked him to get stuff for BLT's for supper. (One of his favorites). They didn't have the practice sticks but he picked up the stuff for supper anyway. We hate our Walmart. It is way to crowded - store and people - and seems dirty. I almost refuse to go there. The one near the town we camp by is fine so it must just be the one here in town. Marty ran back to the golf course to get his practice sticks. He is napping now. I'll make our sandwiches when he gets up.

I have been watching NCIS all afternoon. I had 2 issues from work but both times we decided to just leave things alone.

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey: I hope you are having a happy and healthy weekend.

I gor up about 7 today (darn those early tee times) and watch "The Vow". It was pretty good but certainly no "The Notebook". Then I went to my parents and watered their flowers and helped my sister and her family do some cleaning for them. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, mail some letters for my mom and then we all met for lunch at Outback.

This afternoon I worked on my astronomy newsletter and started to send out requests for door prizes for our big star party this summer. Email is so much nicer than letters but the response is not as good. With the economy the way it is I am happy with any door prize we get.

We had a sandwich and a cookie for supper. We weren't very hungry. I froze a few packages of 2 cookies for a treat now and then and gave the rest of the sugar cookies to my dad. He is skinny and losing weight anyway.

Well, I best get back to my chores.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! This weekend went super fast for a 4-day weekend. We got a lot done, so we're pretty proud over our usual slacking selves. We headed home to KY twice, once for my niece's 10th birthday party, and once to watch her last softball game of the season. We went a few weeks ago and they lost, and she begged us to come and watch them win. Thankfully they did. We ordered a new front door and shutters, and picked out the storm door but will wait until after the front door is installed before we buy it. I bought paint samples, and now all of the rooms in my house have a patchwork wall. The good news is that I finally picked out a paint color, and it happens to be the one that I have had swatches taped up around the house for at least two years. I should have gone with my gut on that one! I have the carpet color picked out for upstairs too. Matt pressure washed the outside of the house, and I cleaned my bedroom & bath so that the real cleaners can clean again (their first time in there) on Wednesday. Every article of clothing (except what we're wearing), every towel, and every throw rug has been washed. We went grocery shopping for the first time in weeks. I'm exhausted. Food hasn't been good this weekend, so I won't go into that. Tomorrow is a new day, right?

Marcy-I'm so sorry to her about your accident with the sentimental pieces. It seems like those are the things that break first while the cheapie replaceable things hang tight. I hope your bunny can be repaired. That's nice of you to make your dad's favorite cookies. They sound good too. It sounds like he is getting around pretty well. We're lucky that they built a nice, smaller Walmart in our little community a few years ago. It's so clean, quiet and not too big. We live in a nice small community, which is one of the reasons we hate the thoughts of moving. We used to dread a Walmart trip to the store a few exits away because it was always so loud and there were so many... I'll say interesting...people there.

I have one last load of laundry to put away and them I'm heading to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Why is the first day back to work after several days off always so crazy? I got there 30 minutes early with the intention of leaving 15 minutes early at the end of the day to get to a hair appointment, but ended up getting stuck on the phone and leaving late. Argh! At lunch today I had a manicure, after work I had my hair colored and cut, and on the way home I stopped for a pedicure. She colored my hair darker brown, but it didn't take everywhere because the straightener stripped it, so I have dark brown hair with lighter streaks. It looks like I had highlights put in. She put A ton of layers in it too and I like the way it looks right now. I've never had a pedicure, so that was an experience. For breakfast I had yogurt and blueberries, lunch was a Healthy Choice frozen meal, and dinner was grilled chicken, green beans and a banana. I have grapes for a snack later, and if that doesn't do the trick I'll pop a 100 calorie pack of popcorn. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I hope everyone had a great day. :wavey:

Deegee, wow you guys did have a busy and productive weekend. How fun to be fixing up and painting your house. Yay for your niece’s team winning their game. I am with you an nice, small Walmarts as opposed to the big Super Walmarts. The small one we used to have here was very nice. I didn’t mind going to it at all. The Super Walmart seemed dirty and crowded even when they first opened it. And yes, there is a wide variety of interesting people wandering that store. You had quite the day today getting your nails, feet and hair done. You hair sounds like it turned out really cute. Sweet.

My day was mostly good. We were slow at work but we did have a team meeting this afternoon that went pretty well. My in-laws took us out for supper tonight. I had 1/2 of a filet and 1/2 of a baked potato and brought the other half home for lunch. I picked up my prescription sun glasses on the way to work today and they work great. I can ready street signs. Sweet. They called me this afternoon to say my glasses were in and that they are lighter than the pair I’ve been wearing. So if they are lighter and I can see I will be very happy with them. I went to my parents house at lunch today to water their flowers and tripped and hurt my left foot. They installed their kitchen floor themselves and have a high piece of trim between their kitchen and living room. Since they are both hard of hearing they had their TV blaring and were eating lunch. I was kind of setting at their table between the kitchen and dining room talking to them and I got up to go get my water and when I came back I tripped over that trim. I darn near fell but caught myself on the table but really twisted my left foot. Of course that is the side that has the better knee so now I’m gimped up on both sides. Aak! We got home about 7 tonight so I propped it up all night with ice. I have a swollen spot on the top of the foot so I’ll see how it is doing tomorrow. I may stay home and keep it elevated and iced. I know if I broke a small bone or something they can’t usually see it in an X-ray right away or do much about it. Aargh!!! Now who is going to water my parent’s flowers?

Well, I guess I’ll get ready for bed. I finished my book tonight.

Laters,

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. :wavey:

Well I took a shower this morning and quickly decided I would stay home. Where I work requires a LOT of walking. I went out and got my glasses (I can see :appl: ) and then picked up some Epsom salt to soak my foot. I soaked it then iced it twice today. Overall I think it is a little less sore. This morning my foot was so swollen I could barely get my shoe on but the next time I tried to put my shoe on it seemed less swollen. We went to lunch and walked around Office Depot for a little bit. I finally had to "test" the chairs out because I was getting sore.

Today is my B-day so Marty is cooking supper for us today. I just wanted burgers on the grill and some oven seasoned potatoes. We brought home a little bit of cake from the restaurant last night so we can have some B-day cake. I got a bottle of my favorite wine the other day so we are set for a nice, quiet evening.

Marty got me a Tumi bad and wristlet. They are nylon so they are very light. My neck will appreciate a less heavy purse.

Well, I have to go clean the veggies for supper.

Marcy Sore Foot :bigsmile: (aka Klutz)

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Happy b-day! I hate that you hurt your foot. Hopefully you didn't break anything. Those little bones on the top of the foot are little boogers when it comes to healing.I hope you were able to enjoy your evening. You probably will like carrying a lighter bag. Last week I tried every purse in my closet and am carrying my lightest weight bag (a LV bag I bought years ago), I bought a really lightweight Vera Bradley case to use as a billfold, and also bought a Vera Bradley makeup bag. I quit carrying my work phone, so now my purse is extremely light. I'm not a huge fan of Vera Bradley stuff, but I love how lightweight it is.

Matt was heading out of town this week for work, so I tagged along. It's nowhere exciting, but I needed to get away for a few days. Hopefully my attitude about my job will improve. I'm hoping to get lots of rest and a little shopping done. I'm in desperate need of summer shirts for work and sandals or summer loafers. I have a hard time with shoes because of my back. It's hard to find comfy, supportive AND cute shoes. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I survived a day at work and not too much worse for all the walking. :appl:

Deegee, there is a bruise that is spreading on my foot so I am telling myself it's more likely a sprain or bruise than a broken little bone. Just call me Dr. Marcy. :bigsmile: Thank you for the birthday wishes. It is hard to find a light weight bag that works for all of your stuff, huh? I will see how well this nylon bag wears but so far I like it. How nice for you to go on a trip with Matt. He'll be working and you can shop. Sounds like a great plan to me. I agree it is hard to find shoes that are comfortable, offer supper and are cute. I like Merrill and Keen but I trust my Brooks running shoes the most. Have fun. I keep telling Marty I might go with him to Atlanta sometime. They have 3 - yes 3 - of my favorite jewelry stores there. We could fly there on Monday, I could go to a store each day for 3 days, then we could fly home on Friday. Of course I'd spend far too much money on that trip. :lol:

So I have decided the shower is where my foot hurts the worst or walking on something uneven. I used a frozen gel pack for about 15 minutes before going to work and tried to refrain from walking unless I had to once I got there. Sometimes I didn't even limp when I walked. Improvement. I had leftover lasagna for lunch. I stopped by my parent's house on the way home and watered their flowers. The car was gone and their doors were wide open so I went out back and took care of things first. Then I walked in the back door and couldn't find anyone. I was kind of laughing and freaked out at the same time but I thought they just went somewhere and forgot to lock up. I shut and lock the back door then go to leave by the front door and my dad had noticed I was there and went out and sat on the front porch. I sat down and visited with him for awhile. I think I've convinced him to at least ask his doctor next week if he can drive with his left leg.

I had leftovers for supper. Marty played golf tonight so he picked up Chinese on the way home. I didn't really have anything to cook. Golf season is rough to plan meals.

My team bought me 2 decorated cookies today. They were each about 8". One had a teddy bear and one had a rabbit on it. Too funny. I had to send a picture of them to Marty. One was a peanut butter and one was molasses. Yes, I had some of each.

We ordered a little solar telescope last week that was listed "online" as in stock and hadn't received it yet so Marty was trying to track that down today. He sends me an email finally that it was backordered till July. We wanted it for next week's Venus transit of the Sun. I told Marty he should learn to be patient like me. He wrote back that he showed that comment to the rabbit and bear - the rabbit just shook his head but the bear still had tears in his eyes. Too funny!

Well, my dryer buzzer is crying for my attention.

Laters,
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks! :wavey:

Trapsed Paris and some of Italy--no rest for the wicked! Our Paris apt. was 5 flights up and no lift--so after a day of walking everywhere, it was tiring!!!!! Italy had it super steep hilly towns....

Jet lag had me up at 0500 Thur + Fri, so to the pool/gym I went. Tired tho.

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I'm back home from my short trip with Matt. He needed to work in his Louisville office for a few days last week so I tagged along. There was an office outing to the Louisville Bats minor leaguer baseball game, but it ended up getting rained out. I met several of the Louisville coworkers I have heard so much about, and a few of his local coworkers were there with their wives so we had fun anyway. Yesterday we ate at a microbrewery for lunch and then toured the Louisville Slugger bat factory and museum, and also toured a glass factory. Both places were pretty interesting. I'll be going with him in June too. They have an outing planned to Churchill Downs to watch races. I want to go because I'm from KY and have never been to Churchill Downs. I think we'll tour some of the distilleries on Bourbon Row too. Cool-they give samples!

Marcy-your foot sounds so painful. Ouch! Hopefully you can get some rest this weekend. Take a break from your chores. You deserve it! I bought a pair of Merrill black boots this winter because I was having so much trouble with the foot I broke a few years ago. They felt so good that I ended up wearing black most of the winter so I could wear those boots. I need some summer flats now, but not many stores here carry the brand and those that do only have a few styles. I might order a few from Zappos since you can always return them. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your dad. He probably hates hanging around the house! My dad is always looking for someplace to go. That was sweet of your team to bring you cookies. Yum. I tried a beer in Louisville that Marty might like (he likes darker beers, doesn't he?) It was called KY Bourbon Barrel Stout. The brewery is in Louisville, and it's a dark beer with bourbon. It was so good, I bought some for home. I can see me sending Matt to the brewery to pick up some for me every time he's there.

Sharon-your trip sounds wonderful. Sounds like you got lots of sightseeing in. Get some rest!

Matt and I are going to start strictly counting points next week, and I think I will finally be able to start walking in the evenings again. We're off to Home Depot now to buy paint. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

We are finally getting some rain here. Yippee! It has been very dry. Marty got up at 6 am today (ugh) to play golf. I tried to go back to sleep but it was a waste of time since I never really fell asleep. I finally got up and ran several errands. I met Marty at the club at the golf course for a drink and lunch. This afternoon we drove around and looked at houses (just from the car) then came home. We are getting together with some friends tonight.

My foot is better but still tender and sore. I can walk okay most of the time, steps kind of worry me though.

Sharon, it sounds like you did a lot of walking on your trip to Paris and Italy. I bet you had a wonderful time though.

Deegee, it sounds like you had a very nice time in Louisville. Your trip back for Churchill Downs and brewery tours will be a lot of fun. Yay for samples at the breweries. Zappos is a great place to order shoes from and it’s nice you can return them. I will have to look in to Merrill boots when winter rolls around again. Yes, Marty would like that beer. He likes to experiment with new tastes and usually gets a dark beer. That is wonderful you are able to start walking in the evening again. Are you getting paint for the entire house or just working on one room at a time? Have fun painting.

Well, I am off to read a bit before we get ready for the evening’s activities. :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

I forgot my cheerios for breakfast so had strawberries and a mini bagel. I was starving by lunch. Lunch was 1/2 of a hamburger and baked lays. I was starving by 3. A lady gave me some of her whole grain cereal so that kept me okay till I got home. I baked up a pizza for supper and had raw veggies with it. Now we have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.

Marty is crazy busy this week so he worked tonight.

Tomorrow is the Venus transit of the Sun. I have interviews scheduled at work till 4 but I must be in my car by 3:45 so I am going to have to blow out of that last interview before we are probably done. I hope we have clear skies for it. I won't be alive in 115 years when it happens again.

Marty has a conference call before 6 am so I'd best get to bed.

Laters!
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results