shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I have also learned the fine art of “disposing” of food that I can’t be trusted with in the house! When I lived in my old place in Chicago the rats ate well because there were many times when I would head out of the garage and to the common garbage can in the back area with leftovers or half a tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream or what was left of a bag of chips or…!!! And appliances can be totally overwhelming. The bottom line is there probably isn’t any washer that won’t get your clothes clean or any dryer that won’t get them dry, but just the sheer agony of sifting through all the options—ACK!

I took my midterm last night and then stayed and finished one more homework problem. Still, I got home early enough to do my nails (I use the no-chip stuff and it takes about an hour, but then it’s totally dry, so I love it!) and have a long chat with a friend of mine in Chi-town. It seemed like such a luxury to be home that early, LOL. Tonight I will go to the gym and take an on-line quiz when I get home. I should also clean up the dining room table because it’s turned into my defecto desk and it’s a total wreck of paperwork right now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, oh the things we'll do to get rid of food. One time in a restaurant I poured salt all over something. Marty looked at me like I was crazy! I agree with you about the washer and dryer. I am way over thinking it. I think I'll get the Maytag he. I was going to paint my nails tonight too but it is already 11 so I'd best pass. It is so dry here I can start the second coat right after the first one is on and then if I don't do anything for about 10 minutes I'm in good shape. They are still a little soft so if I go to bed right away I will wake up with marks on them but I like how fast polish dries here. I spent a summer with relatives in Iowa one time. It was quite a shock to me to have to wait for mascara to try and nail polish took an hour. Our dining room table is a collect all which we've already "sworn" won't happen in the new house.

Speaking of the new house I almost leaped out of my car and shouted in class today when I read an email saying our walk through will be on December 14th with expected closing on the 20th. I am so excited. I threw out a few more bags of stuff tonight. Marty actually packed 2 boxes. He will be gone a few days in December so he is starting to work on his office. Over Thanksgiving weekend we will tackle the kitchen. I think if we just get rid of what we don't want to move that will make packing easier because we will just pack it instead of having 2 piles. We've been in this house 17 years. Holy collect a lot of junk!!!

I had my last manager's class at the community college today. They brought in pizza for lunch; I had 2 pieces of cheese pizza. We had leftovers for supper. My runny mashed potatoes from Sunday were fine today. I am glad I didn't throw them away.

Well, I best get to bed. :snore:

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning kids!

Marcy, I am so happy that your house is going to be ready sooner than you thought! Are you having movers or are you and Marty doing it yourself? I am dreading moving again any time soon because this last time my company moved me, right down to packing every last thing, and next time I doubt I'll be so lucky...

Was pretty good food wise yesterday and had a nice workout. The scale was kind to me this morning, but I am going to Chicago this weekend so all bets are off.

We have a board meeting today so we are business dress. Have I mentioned how much I hate pantyhose?!?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! It is close to Friday! :appl:

Dee Jay, the less frequently I wear panty hose, the harder they are to take when I wear them. Congratulations for the scale being kind to you this morning. We are going to have someone move us. Marty will move the electronics and I'll move my jewelry and Teddy Bears. :bigsmile: Have fun in Chicago this weekend!

It was a long day at work but I went by our house at lunch. The dry wallers were there and they were working on our deck. The mortgage lenders are locking in a great rate for us in the morning. All in all it was a great day.

I am off to practice my talk for the astronomy club meeting.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Marcy, I'm glad you're locking in such a great mortgage rate! That's the one good thing about this economy, a lot of people are getting good long term money cheap! I can't remember if I mentioned this but I actually took a 2.49% 36 month loan on Junior. I'm getting over 1.5% on a high yield fund I've got the cash in that I was going to use to pay for him, so it's like having a 1% car loan. How could I possibly pass that up?

Was very good yesterday in terms of food, and didn't really feel like going to the regular gym for some reason (it was gloomy all day and totally dark by the time I left the office, and I think that had a lot to do with it) so I worked out in my building. I never love that gym, but it gets the job done.

So I did the loose math yesterday and I think, based on the fact that I started going back to the gym at the end of July, that I am averaging about a pound a week. Unfortunately I didn't weigh myself when I started, but I think that's accurate based on where I think I started out due to past experience. That was a good realization because since I only started looking at the numbers on the scale a few weeks ago I felt like I wasn't making progress, but in reality I think I wasn't looking at a long enough time period. And I think I've only got about 10 lbs to go (trying to get to 125). I would love 120, but it's hard for me to maintain that without being somewhat OCD, so I might have to be satisfied at 125. Plus, at 125, I'm a size 2ish, and it gets harder to find clothes when you go below that without going high end designer, and I'm all about Eddie Bauer and Ann Taylor, LOL!

OK, enough pointless rambling. Off to do something productive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that is a great rate for junior. Our car rate is 2.66. It's nice. Congratulations on losing a pound a week since July! That is awesome. :appl: I remember you were an Ann Taylor fan. I am very excited for you.

Work was painfully long today. I didn't take in anything for lunch so I went out and hit a $5 pizza buffet and had a salad and a piece of cheese pizza. For supper we had some leftover pasta and raw veggies. I am kind of hungry now but it's almost 10 so I'll just drink more water.

We had our astronomy club meeting tonight but only 5 of us were there. I did my program on extrasolar planets and then gave everyone a fact or science fiction quiz. It was fun for a change. Then we drove by our house and couldn't see much in the dark. We stopped at Kohl's and bought hopefully out last set of drapes and got some towels, bath mats, etc. for the new place. With everyone on sale then 20% we got some real deals. I've been buying thick, fluffy towels and we don't think they dry well so we are trying some of their thin ones for less than $10 for the set. I guess if we don't like them; they will make GREAT rags. They have colors that match our house.

Tomorrow we are meeting with a carpet place to try and arrange some nice carpet for our bedrooms here after we leave but not spent an arm and a leg for it. We are going to go buy our washer and dryer. Tomorrow night we are having supper with friends then spend the night playing cards.

Well, have a great weekend. I need to get ready for bed. I downloaded Vince Flynn's latest book Tuesday but haven't had a minute to start reading it yet.

:wavey:

Marcy

cjusty

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I was posting here a couple of months ago and want to jump back in. My husband has since decided he wants to start eating better, which makes it a bit easier. I haven't lost much since I last posted, but I haven't gained either so I'm happy with that. We will be having our family Thanksgiving celebration today. What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend.

It's nice to hear from you again Cjusty. That is great your husband wants to join you in eating healthier. That will certainly make it easier for both of you! How fun to be celebrating Thanksgiving today. How many people are attending? It's always nice to have a family get together. I am very allergic to turkey so it's not a holiday I look forward to at all. I tend to drink too much since I can't eat much. :devil:

We slept in until about 7. I made some canned cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Why? That was about all I had in the house. I do need to go grocery shopping. Then we went shopping for new house stuff. We bought a Maytag he washer and dryer, a small black microwave for Marty's man cave, a California King bed and mattress then stopped by to look at carpet. We have to replace the carpet in our 3 bedrooms when we move out. That store was advertising a special of three rooms for $499 but that carpet isn't very nice. They don't have the carpet we got from them over a year ago so we picked something pretty close. Our moving / new house savings is now seriously depleted. Rats! But it is fun to be buying things for the new house.

My poor mom fell this morning and couldn't get up. My dad was taking a nap and he is hard of hearing so he couldn't hear her. I called and the phone woke him up. So was able to get his attention then. We were on the other side of town but rushed over there to see if we could help but he had her up already. She has balance issues and fell getting up. She said she isn't hurt.

We picked up a sandwich while we were out and I stayed in the car while Marty got a few things at Lowes. We are going to a friend's house for supper and cards tonight.

Well, take care!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I started my Vince Flynn book tonight. Now I won't to sty up and read. Darn that having to go to work tomorrow.

Marty played golf today. We met my parents for lunch to celebrate my dads birthday. Then we took them by the new house. My mom went in and looked around. She is sure weak and rundown. Her speech is really labored and slurry again. Se hasn't slept well for several days. I guess she fell again on Saturday. Poor thing.

I didn't make it to the grocery store today. I went by about 11 and decided it was far too busy to go in. You'd think we have a big holiday this week or something.

Have a great week.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Cjusty, welcome back! And good for eating better!

Marcy, LOL on deciding not to go into the grocery store! I hate to grocery shop so much that I find it being too busy a perfectly valid reason to run right around and go home! Sorry to hear about your mom, it sounds like she’s having a rough time of it.

Anyway, had a good weekend in Chicago but ate and drank too many bad things… as evidenced by what the scale said this morning. Ack. Heading to Phoenix tomorrow for the rest of the week. I always eat moderately well there, but I like to hike and work out at the resort I always stay at, so aside from Thanksgiving this trip is never *that* bad for me.

OK, I have a big project that needs to happen ASAP so off to the land of trading for me. If anyone wants me I'll be ankle deep in stocks and bonds and mutual funds...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Dee Jay, it sounds like you had a fun time in Chicago. The scale will go right back down. I'm confident. Your trip to Phoenix can't be bad for you with all the activities you have planned. It is nice down there this time of year. I think Marty misses his frequent trips to Phoenix.

I spent a great deal of time today emailing the guy at the mortgage company. When we signed the doc to lock our rate they included a settlement charges statement which rather freaked me out. After about 10 emails I got that all straightened out. I guess a lot of those fees are paid for by the seller. Since our realtor has been invisible I assume those are the kind of things she would have gone over with us. I honestly thought of writing the president of her realty company and complaining about her after we are closed on our house but I figured why bother. I can just make sure to never recommend her to anybody. Tomorrow I am stopping by to sign the agreement for insurance on the new house. There is SOOOOOO much to do in a month.

I did venture to the grocery store during lunch. I believe the crowd there today had the same thought I had yesterday - RUN AWAY! It was rather busy for Monday but I didn't have a long list and I picked up enough food to last us for a few days.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, what do you mean your real estate agent has become invisible? That is unforgivable! Seriously, she should be there for you with every question! Stories like this make me so mad. And I hear you on the mortgage statement; you practically need a PhD to get through those things.

Nothing much to report here. Was very good with the food yesterday, and I'm off to Phoenix today. The scale told me I lost 2.4 lbs between yesterday and today. Um... no. But thanks!

Alright, off to do something productive 'til I leave for the airport.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, our realtor has been horrid. Can I fire her? We did sign a contract with her for the purchase of our new house. When we were starting to look she kept canceling appointments, showing up late, would "promise" to get us something today or tomorrow and we'd have to bug her weeks later to get it. When were we trying to pick the floor plan we wanted to get in to a house and she couldn't meet us that night so I asked if she'd meet us on the 4th of July. She could have said no but she agreed to meet us at 5. She called and said she'd be late and to meet her at 6. She showed up at 6 and made it very clear she didn't usually work on holidays. She could have told me no. I firmly believe the contractor didn't break ground for over 2 weeks because she never got with us to sign our initial contract. I finally mentioned it to the lady who works with the contractor and we magically had an appointment with her the next day to sign the contract. And by the way she showed up late for that too. We were on the floor because about 4 different real estate agents kept paging her to come to the front while we were waiting for her. We've only seen her one time since then and that was because we had to sign the updated contract after finishing adding all our upgrades. That took about a week after the contractor sent out the revision. Oh, I feel better now. She has honestly been worthless. Woo hoo for the scale showing you the good news. Have fun in Phoenix!

Hi everyone. :wavey: Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving?

Marty got his bottom braces put on today. He is definitely all metal mouth now. He swallowed his food pretty much whole tonight. I hope he figures out how to chew. Maybe there is a You Tube video, huh?

Work was very hectic. We are doing everything through next week so we can enjoy the long weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving (to those in the U.S.A.)! :wavey:

Work was LONG today. We were busy, shorthanded and all wanted to go home but we made it through the day. I met a friend for lunch but we both ate and dashed off - she bought a 13 pound turkey for tomorrow then found out 20 people were coming to dinner. She was able to find a fresh 20 pound turkey this afternoon.

Marty wanted to go have a drink after work so we went to a sports bar for supper. They put on his bottom braces yesterday so he can't chew yet. I am have a toothache again so we were quite the pair trying to eat our supper. Wine went down okay though. This toothache is bottom left opposite the tooth that I had a root canal on. Feels like the same thing too. I swear my teeth are just worn out from too much talking and eating.

We drove by our house after supper and the trimmers were there working on the house. Woo hoo!!!

I finished my book tonight. A new Janet Evanovich came out yesterday so I think I'll buy that one next.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Eat some turkey for me.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Did you go shopping today?

I made pancakes for breakfast. We drove by the house and found it locked up but peaked in the windows. No one was working today. They best hurry up if we have a walk through on the 14th. We are going to try and get in tomorrow just to look around. We picked up some newspaper ends to wrap things in, had lunch then walked through a furniture store. After we got home we went through the kitchen and threw things out. I pitched all our pickles and either busted a jar or one of the lids wasn't on tight. We got that all over the floor. Boo!!! Then we packed up knick knacks, blankets, photo albums, books, towels and my crafts. I am getting the urge to knit too but I know I don't have time for the next month anyway.

Well, I need to go pack some more. :wavey:

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. We are cleaning our house. Yuck. Good for burning calories though. Have a great day! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Did everyone have a great weekend?

We got quite a bit of packing done. I got groceries this morning then we met my sister, nephew, and parents for lunch. We all drove by our house to see if there was anything new. A guy was inside tearing down paper they put up before painting. We were in there yesterday and someone smacked the front door in to the wall so there is a hole in our drywall there. Rats. They have less than 3 weeks until walk through. The outside is still not painted. The faux brick isn't in place. We are luckily still seeing highs in the 50's but it still gets below freezing at night. They still need to do a fence, sprinklers, lawn, gravel as well. Inside they have to finish the trim, cabinets, doors, flooring, sinks, appliances, lights, hook every thing up and I am sure there are more things I don't know about. On the plus side since we have thin air and no moisture things dry quickly.

I have my last batch of laundry in the dryer. I bought a roast to leave cooking in the crock pot tomorrow.

We have a guy coming by tomorrow to give us an estimate on moving our stuff. That is going to hurt.

Well take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy week after Thankgiving kids!

Marcy, do you ever feel like you're in this thread by yourself when we all go off for long periods of time... LOL! Anyway, don't worry about all the things that are left to do on the house because they seem like a lot to you, but in reality these people do volumes of stuff ever day and it will somehow get done. Is there are provision in your contract about them having a certain period of time (ususally a year) to finalize anything that's no done by closing based on the final punch list?

Had a great time in Phoenix! It was 85 and sunny and I always have such a good time with my friends. I also did a ton of homework, which I'm very grateful for right now because that way I'm not totally jammed every night this week. Yesterday (because I came home late Saturday night) I braved my storage room and reorganized a bunch of things in the course of bringing the wrapping paper, etc., into the apartment. Wow, I've got a lot of sh!t... My plan is to finish all of the shopping that I've got left next Saturday and then wrap everything on Sunday and get it shipped off early in the following week. One thing I ordered for my dad now says it's not available until after Dec. 17 ( :angryfire: ) but maybe it will come early. Otherwise he'll just get two boxes.

OK, off to do a project that I've been avoiding for... oh... MONTHS now... :rolleyes:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Dee Jay, yes I do often feel like I am talking to myself. I was thinking last night maybe I'll just quit posting here. See you brought me back from the "edge". :bigsmile: I am sure you are right that they can get our house done by closing but it sure seems like a lot left to do. They said today the landscaping will be put in escrow for the spring. I don't know for sure what would happen if things are not completed by a certain date. Marty found the bottom corner of his vanity downstairs broke off. I am sure they'll have to replace that for us. That is terrific you had a great time in Phoenix. Sounds like perfect weather. I hope you got your project done.

It seemed like work took forever today. I am sure it was just getting back in to the routine after being out of there for 4 days. I left a pot roast cooking in the crock pot for supper. Marty made us some veggies to go with it so we ate pretty much as soon as I got home.

We had a guy stop by tonight to see about moving our stuff for us next month. He said he'd get back to Marty with an estimate.

Marty and I met his former boss for lunch today. We took a long lunch to that made my afternoon go by quickly.

Well, I am sure I can find something to go back so I guess I'll be productive while watching TV.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, please don't ever stop posting in this thread! Even when I'm traveling and can't post easily I still cruise here on my iphone so I would miss you terribly!

Just quick fly by this morning. Am trying to be good this week because I have a big party (the local Porsche club!) on Saturday night and a nice Italian restaurant. The gym is on my calendar for Wednesday and Thursday nights (but you know what they say about best laid plans!). And I hope to finish my Christmas shopping this weekend and get everything wrapped and ready to ship. Now if only the remaining people would tell me what they want so I can go and get it... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dee Jay. I enjoy hearing from you, Deegee and Sharon. It's nice when other people join in as well. How fun to be going to the Porsche party this weekend. Does everyone bring their Porsche too? Marty said that is what he wants for Christmas. I just laughed. That is great you are almost done with Christmas shopping. I need to work on that myself.

We had another slow day at work so it seemed to last a long time. I had some meetings this afternoon with a few of my employees so that broke up the monotony anyway. We had leftovers for supper so it was ready about 15 minutes after I got home. Dishes were done by 6 so that made for a nice, leisurely evening.

Marty is heading to NYC next week. I told him he needs to go check out the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Plaza. I would love to go with him for that outing.

Take care. I am off to read - the new Michael Connelly book is calling my name.

:wavey:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-nooo! You're not allowed to stop posting here! I read this thread every day. I'm having a particularly bad flare up right now. When I get home from work, I eat something, read a little, and then go to bed ridiculously early. My hands don't feel much like typing in the evening. I'm thinking of getting a keyboard for my ipad-might help the typing thing. No part of my body is cooperating right now and I've been in a really ugly mood because of it. I'm sorry-I do like reading what's going on with everyone. I'm thrilled you're so close to your house being complete. Woo-hoo! I'm also glad to hear you locked in a great rate, but sorry to hear your real estate agent turned out to be such a dud. Are you hiring professional movers? Matt and I are going to see a townhouse tomorrow that is 7 minutes from work for me and 11 minutes for Matt. In fact, I pass it every day after I drop Matt off after I have already been on the road for 55 minutes. It's in a quiet gated community. The townbouses are supposed to be quite luxurious. Wish us luck! My total daily commute would be 15 minutes instead of 2 1/2 hours! Ahh! Is your mom doing okay? I hate to hear she's been having problems/falls. That has to be so hard on her. Is there any chance you could go to NYC with Marty? Matt and I were there in early December one year and it was just beautiful. You had asked about the power here. I thought everyone was back on, but passed a convoy of power trucks on the back road to pick up Matt today. I heard 22 out of 55 counties were still in a state of emergency. Crazy.

Dee*Jay-do you ever stay home? I had to travel a bunch for work last year, and it wore me out! You had asked what I do-I work in public/governmental pension administration. My degree is in elementary education and I taught for 5 years, and then I figured out I didn't really like kids and probably shouldn't make a career working with them. I'm more of an animal person. That's so awesome you're in a Porsche club with a bunch of men! I was researching the Cayenne (is that the SUV?) and my husband told me I wasn't allowed to be getting any ideas because my car is only 2 years old. I usually get a new one every 3 years, so I figure I should start early! And I am so jealous that you have a bunch of shopping done. I have bought absolutely nothing, and I have 9 nieces and nephews. I told them I was feeling really lousy this year, and if they didn't give me specific ideas it would be gift card city for them. Matt has sweetly put the items he wants in my Amazon cart, so it's definitely click, click, done for him.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, this is what you should get Marty for xmas! http://shop4.porsche.com/usa/modelcar/911/wap0200100c/ This is pretty much my exact car, except I have black interior. There are a whole bunch more here: http://shop4.porsche.com/usa/modelcar/911/ And yes, you should go to NY with Marty! If you do, make sure you go to the Christmas market that they set up in Grand Central Station. It’s not super huge, but they tend to have some cool stuff.

Deegee!!! Glad to hear from you! I think a townhouse so close to both of your offices would be great! Let us know what you think after you see it. LOL, on not liking kids; I think of kids kind like I think of ostriches… I’m glad they exist and I find them kind of interesting to observe (from a distance), but I don’t want any of my own. Thanks for telling me what area you work in. After I finish my CPA I am going to decide what I want to be when I grow up*** and I’m always interested in what people do.

*** So my *plan* is to finish my CPA and then move on to my next job… but I *may* have found a job posting at my… um… favorite car company’s US headquarters that could have pretty much been written from my resume. So now I’m trying to decide if I should post for it. What do you think gals? Should I send it my resume? I know companies are always hiring, so I wonder if I would be better suited to wait this out, but damn, it’s perfect!

Anyway, the scale was good to me today, and I hope to go to the gym tonight, but I am going to see if I can get my hair cut. At this point taking care of my shaggy mop takes precedence over my jiggly thighs!

And last night I went by Bed Bath & Beyond on my way home from class and got a humidifier for the arid landscape otherwise known as my apartment (SOB “gurgled” all night long though so I may have to move it into another area) and then stopped at the mall and finished off shopping for my mom and brother. All I have left now is my stepmother and one thing for my friend that I may end up getting in Hawaii next week. Let the wrapping commence!!!

BTW, I just realized I treat this thread more like my diary than a reporting on my (ahem!) *healthy lifestyle.* Sorry about boring you all to tears every day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am sorry you have been so miserable. Marty has one of those wireless keyboards for his iPad and likes it. I always mean to try it but never have. Marty peaked in the window at our house today and saw a guy in there working on the tile. They have quite a bit of tile to put in and only one guy was working. Yes, we are hiring a professional mover. He generally moves offices and office equipment but does home moves as well. I am stunned at his quote. It is under $1000. We eagerly accepted his offer. The town house sounds perfect for both of you since you’d be close to work and spend a lot less time commuting. Would it be one floor living for you? Being in a gated community would be really nice too. My mom is slightly more energetic. My dad is making her drink insure and she is complaining she is gaining weight from it but I think she needs to try and help build up her strength. The doctor ordered 3 more weeks of therapy for her. Did your dad have his knee surgery yet? Yes, I could go to NYC with Marty but I am taking off the rest of this year’s vacation time when we move so I don’t think I’ll go. It would be really fun though. Maybe next year. It sounds like you and Matt enjoyed being there in December. That is crazy so many people are still without power. How nice of Matt to load up your shopping cart for you. That way he gets exactly what he wants for Christmas. Don’t worry I won’t quit posting. I’d miss you guys too.

Dee Jay, Marty would LOVE that little Porsche. If we were getting Christmas gifts I’d buy it for him. I would love to go to NYC and see all the Christmas decorations and shopping displays but I would hate to spend the money this year. I told him last night I’d love to do it sometime though. I am with you on children. I love seeing my nieces and nephews but I am pretty content not to have kids of my own. I say if that job sounds perfect you should go for it. Finding the perfect job is rare. How wonderful the scale was kind to you today. Hawaii? You do travel a lot. That will be a blast. I truly love spending time by the ocean. No worries about posting your daily life. This thread is whatever people want it to be and I like hearing what everyone is doing.

Sharon, how is your weather?

We were busy at work today so the day zipped by. I met a friend for lunch at Olive Garden. We had salad and split a lasagna frita. Since I was near the house I cruised by but didn’t stop since a guy was in there working. Marty got our mailbox key already. How exciting. Of course he had to put in a change of address notice too so I hope they don’t start forwarding our mail already. It’s not like we don’t drive by our house daily anyway.

My father in law sent me this trick that all of us tried at work today. It was pretty funny. Pick up your right foot and draw circles in the air going clockwise. Continue doing that and using your right hand draw the number 6 in the air. Your foot will automatically start going the opposite direction. I wrote him back and told him yes my office tried it and it certainly happened to all of us.

Marty made tacos for supper for us. I picked up soft shell thinking they would be easier for him to eat with his braces but I guess he does better with small crunchy things; they break easier with chewing. He microwaved the shells to get them crisp and cut them up. It’s nice to come home and have dinner waiting for me. Now if only I could get him to do the dishes.

Take care! :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-Hawaii next week? You sure get around! And yes, I'd send my resume for that job. It couldn't hurt, could it? And kids...2 of my nieces and a nephew came home with us after Thanksgiving dinner and stayed through Sunday. I love them to pieces, but I was definitely ready for them to go home. I always tell them that the "mother gene" skipped Aunt Dee and there was a reason I didn't have any twerpy kids, and they'd better remember that in the event they were thinking they'd try something with me. They're always such perfect little angels at my house.

Marcy-you cost for movers is awesome. Definitely worth it. Dad hasn't had surgery yet. They keep sending him to every possible type of doctor to be cleared. Last week was a kidney specialist, and today was a cardiologist. He's way past the point of being aggravated. He put the surgery off for too long and now is in so much pain he can barely walk. I'm glad your mom is feeling a little better. Since she's a Weight Watcher, I'm sure the extra weight is driving her nuts. I got my new phone-the Galaxy Note II. I love it so far, and I've stopped carrying my ipad in my purse every day. What brand is Marty's keyboard for his ipad? Our director has one that is part of the case. You open the case and the ipad just kind of sits there in a little dock. Handy.

We went to see the townhouse after work. I loved it and would be ready to move in next week! The owner is a bachelor and had painted the walls silver and red (and had all black furniture). He has already moved out, and has hired someone to paint the first and second floors a neutral color. The painter was there earlier today, and it looks like he's got one more coat of paint to go. I would pull the carpet up and replace it with hardwood, replace the kitchen counter tops, and repaint the full, finished walk-out basement, and that place would be perfect! Except that it is 3 stories instead of 1. It has a screened porch off of the main level, and decks off of the master and walkout basement. I can totally see myself there. I have wanted to move for years, but Matt likes where we are so I doubt anything will happen. We got stuck on the interstate and got home really late. I'm secretly hoping we get stuck on the interstate more than usual the next few weeks to nudge Matt in the direction of moving! We had pork barbecue (leftover from the roast from yesterday) for dinner. I haven't been able to walk in almost a week because of my swollen back, so no exercise today. Off to bed-have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the townhouse sounds perfect. Matt is at least interested in looking at places so that us promising. Getting stuck in traffic would be a great time to bring up wouldn't it be nice to not have this problem anymore. You would have more time at home in the evening and you would save on gas too. I would love to have an screened porch. Would having 3 floors be hard on you when your back is reminding you it's there? We were definitely thrilled with the quote to move us. I am sorry they are still delaying your dads surgery. I hate to hear his knee is getting so bad. Marty's keyboard is the Apple brand.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I think you should get one of the Porsche models and put it smack in the middle of the new garage when you move in! Make a big deal out of it and tell him you have a *special* housewarming gift, and open the garage door with GRAND flourish!!! And Marty’s braces have given me an idea! My teeth are fine (knock on wood), but maybe it would discourage me from eating, LOL. Excuse me while I go off to call the orthodontist…

Deegee—HA! The *mother gene* SO SO SO skipped me to! I am a good doggy momma, but that’s where I draw the line… well that, and the one and only plant I have that I’ve been desperately trying to keep alive for the past 10 years or so… I think Marcy is right about just keep working your DH on the townhouse(and hoping for terrible traffic every day, LOL) and see if he doesn’t come around. Just the fact that he’s willing to look at things is very very encouraging!

Yes kids, Hawaii next week. I do, as the saying goes, “get around”!

Last night I did all the rest of the homework for my Tuesday night class, and I’m going to save the Monday night class stuff for my long plane rides, so I have the—drum roll please!!!—ENTIRE WEEKEND TO MYSELF!!! Well, there is the Porsche club dinner on Saturday night, and I’m meeting a friend on Sunday for happy hour, but I have hours and hours to wrap all the Xmas gifts! Seriously, you have NO IDEA how much I love to wrap presents! My favorite thing is to put on my warm flannel jammie pants and mix up a big batch of bellinis and wrap wrap wrap! If you don’t hear from me on Monday send someone to my house to see if I’m buried under a mound of paper and bows and boxes!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

I'll have to check out the apple keyboard this weekend. I had a particularly bad day today and have decided that yes, a 3-story home wouldn't work. I was lured in by the 7 minute drive! We had a long talk this evening and Matt agreed that we need to move and look for a house with a first floor master at least, but he absolutely shocked me by increasing our price range significantly...as in nearly doubling it. He is wanting to go see the 2 houses I have had bookmarked for months. Holy cow! I tried the foot trick a bunch of times. That was hilarious! I'm going to try that on my group tomorrow.

Dee*Jay-I'm a great doggy and kitty mom, but not so much with the house plants. I don't have any. And anything that happens outside with plants is taken care of by my wonderful landscaper. She knows to only plant things that can survive on the care nature gives them. When Matt and I were dating, my apartment was the only one with dead bushes outside the door. Matt got the biggest kick out of that! How awesome to have the weekend to yourself! Have fun wrapping presents. Wish you could do mine. Oh wait, it's gift card city this year...

Today was a massively crappy body acting ugly day. I'd take off tomorrow, but we're planning to decorate our section for Christmas tomorrow and I have a bunch of the stuff. I had leftover pork barbecue for lunch and we stopped for dinner on the way home after getting stuck on the interstate. I had a grilled chicken salad and, ahem..., half a piece of coconut cream pie. It's a home cooking restaurant and they have the best pies! Argh! I'm definitely not walking tonight. Instead I'm going to finish off a bottle of wine and go to bed. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHHHHweellllllhellloooooo :wavey:

I have only worked out once since I've talked to ya'll.....but working hard at my job, etc, and being the stress non-eater I am...I am thinthinthin. Nuf said...

Deegee...sending health vibes your way!

Marcy....it is cold and snowy. Rinse, repeat. We will get our natural tree this weekend, and you?

Deejay: if you get that awesome job at that awesome place where Jr. was born,....does that translate to PS discounts? Come on.... :bigsmile: :saint:

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah Dee*Jay-I'm liking the idea of ps discounts. I'm going to be ready for a car in about a year. Get that job and then see what you can make happen. :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results