carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, that is ironic you and CB have different reactions to medicines too. I can barely sleep off Nyquil. The non-drowsy stuff drops my IQ about 60 points. No comments necessary. :lol:

I bet you were relieved your Am Ex card was still at the restaurant. Oops indeed.

CB's dinner on the grill sounds delicious. I was wondering if corn on the cob will be allowed with Marty's new diet. He brought home a sample mix of a protein pancake from GNC.

Good luck at the condo meeting tomorrow. Are you putting elections for president on the agenda. :bigsmile:

Marty was spending his day doing mostly nothing. He went to the gym then swimming and I am sure he's been enjoying cocktail hours most of the day. I would expect nothing less with my in-laws.

I took in a batch of chocolate chip cookies to work today and they gone by 5. They must have been a hit.

The sky was really black when I got off work; it looked like a bad summer thunderstorm. We are expecting both rain and snow all week. Joy.

Have a great evening and Tuesday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of thunderstorms I hear thunder. Ooh I will go look for lighting or maybe just check the web camera in our window.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, we're having thunder and lightening too, but no rain as of yet. My best traveling girlfriend is stuck at O'Hare right now. She's just there switching planes on her way from Salt Lake back to New Jersey and she said the rain is coming down in sheets. Sideways. Woah. The radar though shows it to have mostly passed through so I'm hoping it misses us downtown.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I hope your friend gets out of the airport soon. Sounds like Wyoming rain and snow - sideways. Of course you live in another place well known for wind.

I hope you don't get a lot of rain. I am sure that makes you nervous.

The thunder is pretty close right now it's shaking the house. My little webcam keeps going "off line". Maybe the sun is frying it - it's been facing west for a few weeks now.

Wunderground is saying 1-2 inches of rain here tonight. I might need a boat in the morning.

Lots of red on the radar around here. Joy.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, we did get some rain last night, but not a ton and it was pretty short lived. I did briefly turn into my grandmother and unplugged my computers, sonos speakers and coffee maker because those are pretty much the only electronics in the house I care about, LOL.

Last night while I was eating dinner one of my crowns came off. I saved it and put in a call to the dentist in the hopes I can go in this morning and they will just stick it back on. Such a pity though, I was in the middle of a delicious piece of fried chicken and I was afraid to keep eating it after that the rest of my dinner was booze and yogurt! :cheeky: I should have taken a shower before now because the dental office opens at 8 and I'm positive the instant I get in and soap up my hair they will call.

Not much on tap for the rest of the day, just getting stuff together for tonight's board meeting. Oh joy...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope this storm doesn't move your way. We had thunderstorms and over 1/2 inch of rain between 2:30 to 4 am then I didn't hear much. When I got up a little after 6 there was snow on the lawn and the streets / sidewalks were wet. I got out of the shower and after getting dressed and we had freezing rain, snow and visibility was about a block. The streets were really slushy to icy. WTH?

Good idea to unplug your essential electronics during a thunder storm. Our old house got hit by lightning kind of - the power pole in the alley got hit and the surge traveled through the wires and smacked our house. It was about 2 am, we were asleep, the hit was super loud and bright and every light and piece of electronics in the house came on. I screamed like a little girl. It fried about everything in the house except the dishwasher and stove which I hated. Go figure.

Oh no to a crown coming off. Did you get in to the dentist? My dentist told me I can put them back on with Vaseline and they'll stay in place okay until you can get in. I don't think I'd try that. Good idea to stick with booze and yogurt last night.

How did the board meeting go? Did you railroad someone to take your job?

Speaking of booze I had 2 glasses of delicious wine for supper - okay with supper but I am feeling it for sure. I was going to take a girl friend out for supper for her birthday tonight and cancelled on her because of the weather but she texted me a noon saying it wasn't that bad out anymore so we decided to meet anyway. I had a steak, potatoes and salad plus wine. We visited for several hours. It was good to catch up with her.

I left work at 4 today to go pay for my glasses. $740 out of my sapphire fund but I do need to see. I did save over $1300 between our insurance and 50% off the lenses for my sunglasses. Good thing I didn't just pay for what that other girl ordered for me she left the transitions off.

Marty is amusing himself today by shopping at Tommy Bahamas and the Kitchen Collection. He said he bought shirts. I asked "they have shirts at the Kitchen Collection?" He didn't respond.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, put a crown back on with vasoline... ? How on earth does that work...? Fortunately I don't have to try that because the dentist got me in right away and I was in and out of the chair in about 10 mins because he was able to stick it back on no problem.

And about lightening -- one of the people in my building who still owns a unit but is living in her newly built house in the far 'burbs. Well her house was struck the other night! Fried everything that was plugged in and on, but not stuff that was off, so I guess it could have been worse. Still a bummer though!

The condo meeting was fine... There was one problematic person there but I know ahead of time what the issue was going to be and cut it off at the pass so I addressed it before he had a chance to make it a big deal. I think he was a little peeved that I usurped his bitch session.

Today was my company's annual meeting. I'm always so impressed when I see us in action!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am only repeating what they told me at the dentist office but I sure wouldn't try it. I am glad you got in to your dentist right away. Getting a crown put back on takes far less time than the first time those suckers get put on. Then since you have to be careful that day you can drink your supper. It's a good deal all around.

That is awful about that lady's house being hit by lightning and getting everything fried that was plugged in to power.

Good idea to cut that problematic person off at the pass before he could get going on his bitch session. Clever lady!

I am glad you work for such a great company.

I have a attention getting pain right over my right eye. It's bugged me most of the day. Its centered around my eyebrow. I have no idea what triggered that.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I was out of bread and fruit. Finally the strawberries smelled good.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I went to the doctor a few months ago CONVINCED I had a brain tumor because that was the only rational explanation I could come up with for the extreme pain behind my eyes. Yeah... sinus issues! Advice: take some allergy meds. I did and now I'm CURED, LOL.

Last night the CB and I went to our favorite local Italian place and just had pizza at the bar. It was pretty good but I ate too much of it... ugh.

Today I have to take a client to see three condos at lunch and they are all in the same area as the NFL draft is being held so getting around might be a challenge. And tonight I've got another showing at one of my listings. Please... god... let someone finally buy this place!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it is amazing what sinuses can do to you. I am glad your brain tumor was so easily cured. I should try some allergy pills. These stupid storms setting here are getting my attention.

I am glad you and CB had a nice out for pizza last night.

I didn't realize the NFL draft was in Chicago. I thought of watching it but I haven't turned it on yet. I bet that area will be crowded. How did the showings go? I hope that one place is snatched up soon.

I had to work late which kind of stunk since a friend of mine picked up take out for us and was at my house waiting for me. I got here about 30 minutes late. We had salad, bread sticks and pasta. Then we played 3 round of cribbage - she won sadly - and then had a mini cheesecake with fresh strawberries on top. And wine too. :bigsmile:

The snow storm is still coming. I might have snow flu tomorrow. I see Marty bought something at Zales corp for about $65. It better be some teddy bears.

Have a great Friday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

This morning was really foggy but at least it wasn't icy. We've had snow all day but it is just starting to stick now. Lots of moisture in this stuff.

Since it wasn't icy this morning my snow flu excuse went right out the window. Darn!

My cleaning lady is coming early tomorrow so I will pick up tonight and not be able to sleep in tomorrow. Phooey.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's snowing sideways here today. Not much accumulation though since most of it melted yesterday.

My cleaning lady is here so I'm just hanging out being lazy.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my present from Killer. It's a Snoopy charm. I think I'll put it on my key chain.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462066757.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462066775.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday!

Marty got home last night. The roads were just wet coming home from the airport. The Killer Rabbit he took with him keeps looking out the window at the snow then hisses at me. Welcome back to Wyoming!

The sun is actually out today with a nice blue sky. I have no idea how warm or windy it is but what can I expect?

Not much going on here today. I was hoping we'd go sapphire shopping but the weary traveler doesn't seem interested in that. He said he wedding ring almost fell off twice swimming this past week.

I am 80% finished with a book maybe I'll work on it today. I got our monthly newsletter finished and posted.

The excitement never ends at M&M land.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, love the Snoopy charm! Super cute! As for Marty and his almost lost wedding ring, Bill lost two of them over the years. One on the beach at Lake Michigan and one at the gym. They weren't fancy though, so we just replaced them with other plain gold bands.

Thanks to maintenance issues my flight to Kansas City on Friday was cancelled and the next available flight wouldn't have gotten us to the house until about midnight so we hopped in the and drove... 7-1/2 hours down and then yesterday 7-1/2 hours back. What can you do; Dad only turns 80 once, right?! He was super surprised and very appreciative that we made the trip. I'm exhausted today though... And this is going to be a busy week -- I've got something every day/night through Sunday. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you were able to get to KC for your father's birthday. I am sure it made his day. 7.5 hours in the car doesn't sound like that awful of a drive but it's amazing how that kind of quick trip can kind of wear you out. Maybe it's lack of movement? I hope you rest up some this week even though you sound busy.

That was a good deal Bill didn't lose real expensive rings. Marty's ring isn't real fancy either but I can trade it in for another ring for me (or he finds a new one he likes where we bought it). I hope it stays on his finger until we go shopping. He was actually browsing rings online last night.

It was bright and sunny here today. Sweet.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I do like the golf ball ring that you suggested to Marty! Do you think he'll give in and get it? Is there anything else he's leaning toward at this point?

Last night walked home, had a quick dinner, drank one glass of prosecco with my best in-building drinking buddy, picked up an earnest money check, drove it all over town, came home to some of my neighbors doing laundry in my house because their dryer broke, and fell into bed! I have a friend in town for the next two nights. He's coming over to the house tonight and we're going out with a group of people we used to work with tomorrow night. Haven't seen him in ages and I'm looking forward to catching up! Now if only the cleaning fairies would come over and get the place straightened out before he arrives...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am not sure which ring Marty is leaning towards. He keeps commenting that he wishes he liked baseball because there is a white gold ring that has the baseball stitching on it. I doubt he gets that one though. I was just looking at meteorite rings but I wonder if you could cut them off if you had too. I guess it depends on what type of meteorite they are.

I hope you have a great time catching up with your friend. Good times, good food and good libations; that is living. :appl: :appl: :appl:

My day was fun mostly because I had a peach margarita. Mm. Marty saved roomed for a Heath Klondike bar so we even had dessert. I mentioned I had some last night and he saved up for one today. I guess I know what he'll do for a Klondike bar now.

It was warm here today and sunny. Spring may have arrived - for a few days anyway.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Cruby, LOL on what Marty will do for a Klondike bar! I remember when I was a kid (which was the last time I had one) and the chocolate would crumble all over while you were trying to eat it. I was a mess, but a tasty mess!

Last night my friend and I went to a local place for a burger. It was fun and casual and we had a good time catching up. Tonight we're going out with another friend of ours. He's going to be pretty tired of seeing me by the time he goes home at the end of this week, ha ha!

The CB's daughter's college graduation is on Saturday. Fortunately she's in the 3:00 walk so we have time to drive down there (about 3 hours) and back the same day and don't have to go the night before, which would be the case if she was part of the 9 am or noon group. This has been a bit of a slog... she's on the 5+ year plan! I know both she and the CB will be glad to have this done! Plus, she's in an administrative role with her current job (which is her first "big girl job" and she started there a few months ago) and the agreement is that once she gets her degree she can move into another position so she's excited about that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Klondike bars are messy so we eat them in a bowl. :lol:

I am glad you are having a nice time catching up with friend.

I know quite a few people on the 5 year college plan. That's great CB's daughter is graduating and already has a real grown up job. Woo hoo for making her graduation a day trip. I sometimes hate to stay overnight in a hotel because we don't sleep that well.

My glasses were ready to pick up so I left work at 4. They are certainly a different prescription. I am kind of dizzy when I look in a different direction. At first I couldn’t see my computer but now I can. I kind of like the anti glare for computers. Distance is GREAT! They kept my sunglasses because they had to cut the lenses and it was an hour wait. Since I was by DQ I picked up a burger and root beer freeze for supper.

Marty picked up one of his glasses too and they put his regular glasses in his computer glasses. That optical shop has some issues.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Tiffany Bling.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462410256.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

One more day until Friday. Sweet.

Wow what a eatathon today. My team brought in chips and salsa for Cinco de Mayo but at least I ate cantaloupe first. Then I met a friend for lunch and we had more chips and salsa (homemade chips how could I resist) and tacos. Then my friend ordered sopapillas for us. Marty and I went to supper at Olive Garden. Salad, a breadstick and lasagna frittas for supper then Marty had saved room for the brownie mousse dessert. Oh yea and wine! I plan on having lots of fresh fruit tomorrow.

Marty is busy setting up our home security web camera system. We picked up one at Sams Club tonight. I owe the Killer Rabbits $40 too because I bet him it had 2 cameras (that is what the display said) and the box said 4 (kind of). I hate it when the Killer Rabbits have more money than me.

I picked up a stash of paper towels, TP, freezer baggies so we should be good with those for awhile.

My new glasses are kind of messing with me. The distance is only good if I drop my head and tilt it to the right. CRAP.

Have a great Friday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had to work late Friday then after we cooked supper and did dishes we watched a movie.

We headed to Denver as soon as I got around Saturday morning (Marty the insomniac was up, dressed and ready to go way earlier than me). It was a rainy, chilly day. I think it was about 40 in Denver.

We stopped at the first jewelry store and I had them clean and check everything while I pulled out my 3 possible upgrades and told them what I wanted. Marty was also looking for a new wedding band. He didn't like anything there so I can use his ring for a future upgrade sometime. :appl:

I was looking to upgrade my blue sapphire, upgrade my smallish orange-brown sapphire and get larger sapphire studs.

First they pulled out about 4 round and 2 oval blue sapphires and the ovals were okay but just didn't wow me. 2 of the 4 rounds were great color and cut; Marty liked the larger one I liked the smaller one so we went with the smaller one. I only went from a 1.56 carat 6.59 mm to 1.79 carat 6.94 mm but you could definitely see a size difference. Upgrade price $760.

Then we went through maybe 10 sapphires to replace the orange sapphire. It was a 1.30 carat 6 mm round. I liked some of the Kentucky blue stones they pulled out but as Marty pointed out I do have a lot of blue jewelry already. I really liked something they were calling a fire sapphire - it's kind of red-orange; a very pretty color but the largest size they had was not even quite a 6x4 mm oval so I passed.

Then they pulled out a pair of 5mm studs that were "ew" so I passed on those too. I paid for my one sapphire upgrade and we were off.

Next we hit another jeweler who had that golf ball ring in stock. Sadly it wasn't a very hefty (thick) band. We were kind of disappointed in it because the picture made it look really thick. We both thought it was thin enough it would bend pretty easy playing golf or lifting weights. Marty ended up getting a pretty hefty band that is 11 mm on his finger. I'll post an online photo of what he got.

Then we went to the other location in Denver where I can do upgrades and the guy who worked with me was fabulous. I ended up getting a 2.13 carat yellow sapphire (6.96 x 6.9 mm square cushion). The price difference on that was $1340. It is really a fiery stone and bright sunny yellow. Today I am thinking it was too big for the setting I am putting it in and wonder if I will like it but I liked it yesterday so I am sure it's fine. That's typical of me.

Then he brought me a fabulous pair of 5mm round sapphire studs and I immediately said sold. They were in WG screwbacks so I left them to be mounted in YG friction backs. Price difference $375.00

Are you getting the idea I like upgrade prices. I feel like I am stealing with 3 fabulous pieces of jewelry at that price. Without those upgrades I wouldn't have upgraded my studs and maybe got one of those sapphires for a ring.

The second place had this gorgeous oval pale pink sapphire with peach highlights. I absolutely loved it but it wouldn't have looked good in platinum so I resisted that beauty. Maybe some other time.

I should get everything either this coming Friday or the following Monday.

Then we had supper at a Yard House. It was pretty good. I ate 1/2 my burger and then we split a trio dessert but I cleaned out the peach / apple cobbler bowl. I labeled that one "MINE". Marty ate some of the creme brulee and chocolate souffle and when he came back for another bite of cobbler I sure heard about so much for sharing dessert. Ha! I love warm cobbler.

Then we stopped at Golf Galaxy and Marty ended up ordering a new set of clubs. He wasn't going to after spending so much on his wedding band - I said we didn't come to Denver today to save money.

This puts us good with Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary gifts through 2233. :lol:

We got home about 8:30. That shopapalooza wore me out; I felt like it was 2 am. I actually slept in until almost 8 today.

Today I am working on laundry. I picked up some two toned roses and took them to the cemetery. Marty is making us basically a since serving size of lasagna for supper. He is setting an example for sticking to his diet. It is making me better for sure.

Have a great Sunday.
Curby

screen_shot_2016-05-07_at_9.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids1

Curby, what an upgrade extravaganza you had yesterday! And I really like Marty's new ring! Did they have his size or did they have to order it?

The past few days have been busy!

Thursday night I went to a charity dinner with some of my coworkers. We took pictures and either I was wearing the absolute wrong thing or I have doubled in size, but either way that "WOAH!" picture has be going straight and narrow down the diet path, LOL!

Friday I did a bunch of things at home. Saturday the CB and his mother and I drove down to his daughter's graduation. It was about three hours in each direction. Yesterday I went to China Town with the people that I was in Missouri with last weekend.

Doesn't sound like much, but I feel like I did a lot!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty's ring is being made and shipped. They said about a month. I hope that thick of a band doesn't bother him. I have a really thick band and I sure notice it but then I don't wear it everyday. It was a great looking band though.

I am sure trying to be better at what I eat too. Marty is so strict it makes me feel bad if I eat something unhealthy.

Was the graduation ceremony nice? 3 hours one way isn't too bad of a drive.

You certainly have been busy.

I had today off to watch Mercury transit the Sun. It was in progress from here when the Sun rose and lasted until about 12:30 so I kept going back out every 45 minutes or so. It's always cool to see something unusual like that.

We went to lunch then stopped at Ford to see what we could do to love the height of the F150 pickup. They were talking to us about an electric step that come down when the door opens then goes back up when the door closes. While we were talking someone we knew from work pulled in that had that on his truck so I tested them out and it works really slick so we arranged to get those installed on our truck. We ran home and got the truck and took it back. We'll get it back tomorrow. It was less expensive than I thought it would be. Good deal.

Have a great day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby,

Well my super strict initial thought was I'm Only Eating Raw Fruits And Vegetables!!!

Then a bit of reality set in and I've expanded to cooked veggies (but no butter or salt), lean protein, oatmeal and yogurt.

But THAT'S IT. REALLY! :cheeky:

I've even given up my coffee on the days I come into the office for green tea. And I fear that booze has to be gone too... ;( OK... *mostly* gone. :tongue:

Sweet about the step being added to the truck! Doncha love when things cost less than you think they will!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snacks wearing my Broncos bracelet and checking out the Mercury transit.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462828494.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, sounds like a good diet to follow. Marty is really sticking to his plan. I am going to start with cutting out snacks and sweets; I don't do that bad during meals.

I do love it when things cost lest than expected. :appl:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......quick flyby. Busy busy busy says it all. So, some highlights:

My dad is entering the last phase of his life. He's in evaluation for hospice. So that's been sad.

We had a great weekend though as friends from when we had money, who still do have money and lot's of it, built a weekend home on 15 acres on the Homosassa River about 1.5 hours north of Tampa. They invited us up for the weekend and it was just so beautiful up there. It's like going back in time. No lights from other homes. No noise. Not buildings anywhere you can see. And they have an air boat and we went for an air boat ride. So cool (but really loud).

We are thinking about selling the condo and buying a town house. Charlie spent time with our realtor today. Not sure if we will or won't, but wanted to see what our options are. He found a couple really cool brand new homes that are kind of tempting. We'll see.

Work's still a bear, but it's the nature of what I do for a living.

Marcy, the upgrades sound exciting and Marty's new wedding ring is really cool!

DeeJay, the diet doesn't sound like much fun, but I should be joining you. Yes I should!

That's about all the news from my side of the world.

Hugs to you all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod. I am sorry to hear your dad is being evaluated for hospice. It is so hard to see and deal with. The hospice they moved my mom to was incredibly nice. They took really great care of her those last few days. Hugs to you.

Your weekend get away to the mountains sounds fabulous. I am glad you had such a fun and relaxing weekend.

How exciting to be exploring if you want to move to a town home. At least you won't have to worry about snow removal. :lol: The town homes by us have lawn service and snow removal included in their HOA fees.

I am excited to get my upgrades and I really like Marty's ring. It is very solid. I have found I really like thick bands.

I was good tonight I was going to have a small dish of ice cream but satisfied my sweet tooth with a piece of Lindt chocolate.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results