shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, post all the pictures of the cute kitties you want. I enjoy seeing them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I ended up spending several hours with the roofer and the property manager yesterday talking about our upcoming project, so my "free" afternoon was indeed filled up! And then the other two board members from my association came over and we went over a bunch of things for the upcoming meeting on Monday. Running this building is a full time job!

Rod, if those aren't pictures of two happy kitties than I don't know what is! The one with both of them asleep on the pillow is just beyond adorable!

I ate pretty well yesterday, almost by default because I didn't have a spare minute. My scale has shipped and I should have that by next week. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or dreading it, ha ha.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay! They are adorable beyond belief. Yes they are!

Oh, and scales are evil devices. Be prepared to have some arguments with it once you've got it! I have used words with my scale that might make some blush! Yes I have! :angryfire: :naughty:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

President Dee Jay, I am sure the association is delighted to have a responsible person like you taking care of everything. When your scale shows up I think it needs to know who’s the boss as soon as it’s unpacked!

Rod, I went back at looked at your cute picture of the kitties sleeping. I am sad the thread has advanced another page so I won’t see it right away. LOL at having words with your scale.

My day at work was uneventful. Woo hoo! The company had a burger burn outside so I went out to be sociable. I sat with Marty’s golf buddy and we proceeded to fight and insult each other as normal until the HR lady setting across from us had to tell everyone we were old friends. I thought that was funny.

I picked up window food for supper and am setting in the den, relaxing in the recliner and enjoying the sunshine that is making my rings sparkle. It doesn’t get much better than this.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My day was officially made when I got an email from Whiteflash saying my ring was ready to ship and they are going to send it overnight. I am so excited. Vera said she saw Brittany (my consultant) have the shipper pack something for me and she thought it was hysterical. I am more anxious to see what that was than I am to see my ring - almost. Marty even said it is a cool design. He is usually indifferent to my jewelry.

I hope all of you had a great day. Rod, I will be anxious to see more cute kitties pictures.

Here are my 2 glam shots from Whiteflash.

We ate at Olive Garden for supper and I am stuffed. So then we went to Bed and Bath and spent some money. It was good to walk around after eating so much. Ugh. Tomorrow is another day.

Marcy

sapband.jpeg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the ring is stunning! STUNNING I'm telling you! I'm sure you're excite Whiteflash is the best!

Kitten update. Emi, who went hiding for over 24 hours is simply amazing. She has completely adjusted and is with us non-stop. Eri, over the last couple days started to get very congested [the following key strokes provided by Emi who just decided to walk on my laptop 99999999999999999999999999999ooooooooooooooooooooooooopd./***] and was sleeping a lot, so we decided to take both kittens to the vet for a full checkup. They're scheduled to get booster shots on July 11th, but Burmese don't have the best sinuses, so we thought it best to get her checked out. I left work early to meet Charlie and the kittens at the vet. Eri has a little sinus infection and is on an antibiotic. Just one dose this afternoon and the difference is amazing. She's running and playing with her sister and breathing so much better. Otherwise the vet thought they were both stunning and in very good health.

Here's a picture from the 10 minutes tonight they were actually napping:

img_1833.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Rod! I have had nothing but good luck with Whiteflash. I like their jewelry, diamonds and customer service. The picture of Emi and Eri sleeping is so cute. I am glad you took them to the vet and had them checked out. That's great Eri perked up right away after taking her antibiotics. They are going to keep you and Charlie very busy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I can't wait to see your new ring -- and to find out what else is in the box!

Rod, those two little fluff balls are Precious with a Capital P!

Yesterday I was on the go from the minute I got up. I didn't eat very much and this morning I was HUNGRY. The scale arrives today... ugh. Not much else to report, just chugging along!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today the Supreme Court finally stood up for Marriage Equality and ruled in favor of Same Sex Marriage in ALL 50 States! This is significant ruling and finally gives us the same benefits equally - as far as marriage goes - across the country!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with what happened today!!!!! Biggest hugs to you and Charlie and all of the other people who have been waiting for this -- it's been a long time coming!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1435337645|3894804 said:
Rod, I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with what happened today!!!!! Biggest hugs to you and Charlie and all of the other people who have been waiting for this -- it's been a long time coming!

Thanks my dear! I truly never thought I'd live to see this happen! From what I've read, most people think what the Supreme Court did was a wonderful thing. Sadly, the Republican Party still thinks it's not......... :angryfire:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I've been sick for a week, and I'm just now starting to feel somewhat normal again. I'm still not sure if I had strep but I was given antibiotics anyway. I had a high fever, aches, chills, sinus issues, and the worst sore throat I've ever had. I lost weight but of course out it right back on when I began to eat again. I'm definitely on the mend, but my energy is gone, my throat still hurts and my voice is really hoarse. I had to miss Field Day and our field trip last week. I felt so guilty about that but I couldn't get out of bed. School's out for the summer, and I'm taking care of a few things before we head west to meet my niece. My parents are coming home tomorrow, and I'm sure my mom will be happy to be home after her "adventures." She's probably facing a summer of OT/PT which won't be ideal but she's not facing surgery, which was her worst fear.

We've had the dog with us for 2 weeks or so now. It seems longer! We'll be sad to give the little guy back to my parents.

Dee, you had asked on the previous page if I had any big plans this summer. Other than our trip to Oregon, we don't have much going on. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but D. interviewed last week at a local hospital for a data analyst position. He got a call back from HR, saying that they wanted to check references. She mentioned a possible start date and she sort of brought up salary, too. It wasn't a formal offer but at least things may be heading in that direction. If D. gets this job and everything works out, he'll have an additional 2 weeks off before he need to attend orientation. We may take a few day trips but that's about it. I'd love to go up to Camden or Booth Bay Harbor, Maine. We'll see. I need to spend a few days writing curriculum units with my teaching partners but that's it. I usually try to take most of July off and then go back to my classroom at the beginning of August to get things ready for school to start at the end of the month.

Hopefully I'll be able to read and catch up before going on vacation.

Rod, the Republican party is stupid. Okay, so as not to offend anyone, certain Republicans are stupid. You know, those who want to deny equality... Anyway, in other news, Emi and Eri are gorgeous!

Marcy, I love your new ring! Will you please post hand shots?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zoe.......I'm sorry to see you've been really sick and I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. How exciting D has a great potential opportunity on the horizon. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a successful outcome!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am definitely a Whiteflash fan. I am very happy with my band. I like it and it looks great with my ering. The small sapphires look dark sometimes being small and bezel set but they are nice bright blue in certain lighting or from the back. I did a quick collage picture up but will get some better photos tomorrow. It is more delicate than I thought it would be but it’s not cheap or thin. Of course I’ve been wearing very thick 4mm gold bands so something less than 3mm is quite different. I was glad to hear the Supreme Court ruling as well. As Dee Jay said it’s been a long time coming.

Dee Jay, I hope your day wasn’t as busy as yesterday. My other present in the box was a “Ugly Doll” bear that is so ugly it’s cute. Since I named the bear Whiteflash sent me last year Arrows I thought I’d have to name this one something jewelry related but ugly – Frozen Spit was too much so I picked a jewelry store that sells diamonds that look like frozen spit. I won’t be mean and put that here but you know what I mean and if you don’t I can email it to you.

Zoe, I hate to hear you’ve been so sick. Get better soon! That is great your mom gets to come home already. How is she doing? Starting therapy is a step in the right direction. How is your dad handling all of this? Will he be going back to work soon? Have fun on your trip. That is fantastic the hospital called your husband about a possible position. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed and send him lots of PS dust. The summer seems so short now that you are talking about doing lesson plans in August.

My day was spent waiting anxiously for 11 pm so I could go to Fed Ex. I ripped the box open and absolutely laughed out loud at the ugly bear. The little ACA melee diamonds are fabulous in the Sun; the sapphires go dark in bright light but bezel set does that on dark and small stones. While I was out getting my ring I met Marty for lunch then went back to work.

I finally make pancakes, eggs and bacon for supper. Quick and easy. I couldn’t find the syrup and so Marty checked the refrigerator – yep that’s where I put it the last time we used it. It was nice and thick.

Have a great weekend.

Here are a few hand shots of the ring. It’s about 2.7mm wide. The diamonds and sapphires are 2mm stones. Also one of the Killer Rabbits is snacking on the new bear.

Marcy / Curby

sapcoll.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are with a different camera.

sapcol2.jpeg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy it looks great with your diamond ring! We often have breakfast for dinner on Thursday nights. I'm not sure why on Thursday, but by then, we're kind of out of other things to cook. I actually prefer breakfast for dinner as opposed to having breakfast for breakfast!

I can likely guess which store you're referring to who sells diamonds that look like frozen spit. There are actually a number of them, many of which are national chains. Anytime we go to the mall and I walk by one and there's a young couple looking at engagement rings, I just want to wait outside the store and tell them to run away and refer them to someone like Whiteflash. They're going to get ripped off, which makes me sad.

Eri is doing so much better with her sinus infection. She's running all over the place and playing with Emi. We're having so much fun with these kittens. They are just the sweetest animals and they are so loving. It's just awesome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod. I am usually out of ideas for supper by Thursday too. I often pick up window food on those days. I know what you mean about seeing people buy poor quality diamonds. A really good friend of mine (the lady who I was a bridesmaid for last summer) has the most included, cloudy, lifeless diamond. I kind of feel bad wearing my diamond around her. She wanted size and her DH couldn't afford both size and quality. I'd take quality over size any day. I am so delighted to hear Eri and Emi are quickly wrapping you and Charlie around their little paws. I know who is in charge at your place. Two cute little kitties! :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got a shot of the blue

img_8418.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photographing jewelry is so difficult, but you did a nice job of showing the sapphire's which is very had to do.

Yes, the kittens have their teeny tiny paws wrapped around us and we are so happy they do!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Rod! D. was going to call the hospital to check in but I told him to wait it out. He'd hear from them when they're ready to get in touch (and hopefully make a formal offer). He said that he was surprised to hear those words coming out of my mouth since I'm not usually the most patient person. He may call early next week, we'll see.

Marcy, my dad's an extremely laid back guy so he's doing well with things. He's a pretty good care taker (although he could stand to be a bit more observant), and my mom is really good at letting him know what she needs. Thanks for asking about her. She's feeling somewhat better and is happy to be out of the hospital, but her shoulder is in a lot of pain still. Just when she thought she was out of the worst of it (dealing with her brother's death and then our friend's death just a few weeks later), she has to deal with this, too. I'm sure she envisioned a much more relaxing summer, not one dealing with yet one more "new normal." Both of my parents are retired, so my dad will be able to help my mom with whatever she needs at home. Since I'm out for the summer, I can drive to their house and help out as needed, too. They live a little over an hour away so it's not too far. Oh, and I love how your rings look together!

I think I said earlier that it feels like we've had the dog for longer than 2 weeks. Yeah, it's been 3. That seems about right. We're picking my parents up at the airport tonight and then my dad's coming over tomorrow to pick up the dog. We were going to bring him with us but he'll be SO excited to see my parents, and I don't want him jumping all over my mom in such a confined space like our car. He's a small dog but he's a bundle of energy at times. We're going to miss the little guy. D. keeps asking when we can have him again. I caught him today telling the dog how much we loved him and he'll always have a home here. It was nice to catch them having a moment. :cheeky:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, maybe it's time for a furry permanent resident in your home? I hope your mom mends soon and D get's a job offer this week! Yes I do!

As part of the new kitten medical checkup, we had to leave stool samples. As is common with new kittens they have worms and are now on deworming medicine for the next nine days. I just gave them their first dose and it went remarkably well. Poor Eri also get's an antibiotic twice a day, but both medicines will be finished one day apart a week from tomorrow.

We're having dinner at our favorite restaurant in Tampa tonight with some friends to celebrate our marriage. It should be fun, but Charlie would honestly rather stay home with the kittens. They have the absolute best wood grilled oysters as an appetizer and I can't wait to have them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I think my ideal job would be photographing jewelry. It wouldn’t be work. I am sure the kitties are content to have you and Charlie wrapped around their little paws and vice-versa. Have fun at dinner with your friends tonight and I am sure the kitties will be anxious to see you when you get home.

Zoe, that is such a tough call about whether to call a prospective employer; I think a polite inquiry isn’t a bad thing. One call isn’t too pushy and it shows you are definitely interested. It sounds like your parents are handling the situation as well as can be expected. That is a lot to adjust to in a short time; hopefully one thing takes their mind off the other? I am sure your mom will continue to improve. That’s nice you guys are close to help out. I like this band the best with my ering (design and width) but of course I’ve already conceded it’s still not knocking my socks off. I think I want a matching set and all the cool bands in the world isn’t going to fix that. That is so cute your husband had a reassuring talk with the dog.

I took pictures of my ring(s) this morning, worked on laundry, changed the sheets and meet Marty for lunch and drinks at the golf course. A glass of wine there is equivalent to 2 glasses and I had 3 delivered to me because people kept taking turns buying. That’s like almost a bottle of wine. D’oh! I think I’ll be lazy the rest of the day.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Color me lazy today. The series of books I am reading I just can't put down! Marty had weird golf times today so we had pizza for this afternoon and popcorn tonight.

Is tomorrow really Monday? Really?

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid neither of us got much sleep last night. We knew the kittens would find their way to our bed when they got a bit larger, but nooooooooo, while this is what I woke up to this morning, I knew they had climbed into bed last night and I was petrified I'd roll over on one of them.

img_1838_0.jpg

We had dinner with our friends last night and it was just wonderful. The company, the food, all was terrific. After visiting my dad at the nursing home this afternoon, we had crabs and corn on the cob for dinner. '

We're now on the couch with Emi and Eri curled up on our laps!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great picture Rod. Emi and Eri know a comfy place to sleep when they see one. I am glad to hear you had a nice time with your friends. Marty says Mmm to Maryland crabs.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, we already have 2 furry permanent residents in our home now. We have two cats who have done really well with our new temporary addition. My dad's picking up the dog tomorrow. We'll miss him and we're already planning on when we can borrow him again over the summer. Emi and Eri are gorgeous. I think I've said that a few times but it's true. Thanks for the PS dust. I hear it works wonders!

Marcy, what are you reading? I just finished Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline. It was good and worth the read if you like her stuff. I've downloaded a bunch of books to my Kindle, and I think my next book will be You Before Me by Jojo Moyes. D. got another call from the hospital today where he interviewed. He ended up not having to decide whether to call or not. She called first. The hiring manager wants D. to come in while we're on vacation. That's not doable, but he told the HR person that he'd be available by phone any time while we're away. He also said he'd be able to come in the day after we return. This must be a good sign, right? It will be hard going on vacation without having this finalized one way or another, but at least he's still in the game.

I got my hair chopped in layers today. I made the comment to the hair dresser that my hair is always messy, and she apparently went with that to give me a new 'do. I think she wanted me to embrace the messiness. :cheeky: It looks great now but we'll see what it looks like tomorrow when I'm doing my hair alone.

I found a bunch of gift cards we need to use when we're on vacation. We had gotten them for Christmas and then we forgot about them. I'm glad I found them before we left.

Hi Dee*Jay and Deegee! I hope you're doing well.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, yes you have said they're adorable, but it's just fine with me if you say it over and over and over. Cuz, they are simply adorable. Except last night at 3:00 AM. They thought our feet were toys and all they did was dig at our feet and run all over the bed playing with each other. Little Eri can get up on the bed by herself, but Emi needs assistance. She must have been afraid to get down and she had an accident about 4:00 AM. This required all the bed lines to be removed in the middle of the night, which meant it was almost impossible to go back to sleep. I'm going to make sure Emi visits the kitty litter before we go to bed tonight for sure.

It's very encouraging to hear the hospital called!

I hope you have a great vacation!

Hey everyone else!

Here is today's dose of simply adorable:

img_1867.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Zoe, I am reading books by Web Griffin. He has multiple series. First I ready the Presidential Agent series and now I’m reading Badge of Honor. The characters really grab you. What is Every Fifteen Minutes about? I’ve got about 100 more Web Griffin books to read so that will take me a while. That’s great the hiring manager called DH rather than the other way around. I hope they are cool about calling him when you are on vacation and then he can go in when you guys get back. Sounds very promising to me. I need a good hair chopping with lots of layers; your new do sounds perfect. I like wash and wear hairdos for sure. Yay for finding gift cards to use on vacation. Have fun! When are you leaving?

Rod, it is a good thing Emi and Eri are so darned cute even though they were certainly less cute bright and early this morning. That is pretty funny they were attacking your feet last night. Ooh; something moved. Pounce! I love today's dose of cuteness. They are adorable.

Today is our 24th anniversary. Marty sent me a very pretty bouquet of flowers. We went out for supper then went wandering Lowes looking at appliances. We were going to go to Sears next but they closed at 8. What?

Tomorrow is my first team leader meeting. FUN! My new boss is attending. I was about to ask him – you realize I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix these problems without going nasty or negative them but we got interrupted. Sigh.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I was just about to shut down and go to bed, but I couldn't not wish you and Marty a very happy Anniversary! Our 35th Anniversary is this Saturday! We actually now get two anniversaries. The date we made a commitment to each other 35 years ago, and now our wedding anniversary on April 17th!

Anyway, I hope you guys did something very special for sure! So 24 years in your household is what, the dishwasher anniversary!? LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rod! LOL at 24 being the dishwasher anniversary. We HATE our dishwasher and I'm too cheap to buy something new since our appliances are 2 1/2 years old. But give me 1/2 of a bottle of wine and I'm like - sure let's buy one. Of course that means a new refrigerator too. Ha! 35 years for you and Charlie is something to celebrate. We did have a very nice day. Marty sent me these flowers at work. The card says "the rabbits made me do it". Too funny.

_31729.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results