shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay, if you have to be stuck somewhere, you're in a great place! But seriously, I hope you find your ID. Please let us know the outcome. On the GC issue, I hope you take him to H%!! and Back. That's downright theft and fraud. You were smart to get the documentation proving you paid for the services you got. Very smart indeed!

We had such a great time at the birthday party last night. These people are VERY successful people (like we once used to be), so the home we were in is palatial, with the highest end finishing. There had to be at least 60 - 70 people there and we never felt cramped. The food was excellent, open bar and a live band to boot! But some of you would have been heaven to see the diamonds on some of the ladies fingers. We're talking 5+ carat or larger, diamonds. I mean "uber" wow.

We went to see my father at the nursing home today. It's so depressing. He's having mental issues all of the sudden. It's like a switch was turned on in his brain and he's hallucinating. He's aware he's hallucinating, but he can't turn it off. We've got him scheduled with a psychiatrist next week. He's going downhill fast and it's just sad to watch.

We came home and went for a 2 mile walk, just to get past the visit. We had a pot roast set to cook while we were away and it was perfectly cooked and ready when we got back from our walk.

I'm dreading the new work week, but I'm sure it won't be too bad. We're taking Wednesday off and going to the resort we're getting married at with my Brother and SIL-to-be as they've never seen it. So that will be fun.

Have a great start to the week all...........

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay, if you have to be stuck somewhere, you're in a great place! But seriously, I hope you find your ID. Please let us know the outcome. On the GC issue, I hope you take him to H%!! and Back. That's downright theft and fraud. You were smart to get the documentation proving you paid for the services you got. Very smart indeed!

We had such a great time at the birthday party last night. These people are VERY successful people (like we once used to be), so the home we were in is palatial, with the highest end finishing. There had to be at least 60 - 70 people there and we never felt cramped. The food was excellent, open bar and a live band to boot! But some of you would have been heaven to see the diamonds on some of the ladies fingers. We're talking 5+ carat or larger, diamonds. I mean "uber" wow.

We went to see my father at the nursing home today. It's so depressing. He's having mental issues all of the sudden. It's like a switch was turned on in his brain and he's hallucinating. He's aware he's hallucinating, but he can't turn it off. We've got him scheduled with a psychiatrist next week. He's going downhill fast and it's just sad to watch.

We came home and went for a 2 mile walk, just to get past the visit. We had a pot roast set to cook while we were away and it was perfectly cooked and ready when we got back from our walk.

I'm dreading the new work week, but I'm sure it won't be too bad. We're taking Wednesday off and going to the resort we're getting married at with my Brother and SIL-to-be as they've never seen it. So that will be fun.

Have a great start to the week all...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, did you find your DL and debit card? Did you get home yet?

Rod, the birthday party sounds like a really nice and special evening. Yes, I would definitely have enjoyed seeing lots of pretty diamonds in the crowd. Uber large diamonds are always amazing to see. I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope they find a way to help him with hallucinations; as my dad used to say getting old isn’t for sissies. It is so hard to watch. Good idea to take a nice long walk after a difficult day. I will be anxious to hear what all of you thought of the resort this week. Planning your weddings is so exciting. I hope work wasn’t awful for you today.

Deegee, I hope you had a fabulous weekend with your family.

We went man cave furniture shopping after work. Marty got a Flexsteel power loveseat and 2 power recliners. We will get them probably Wednesday night if the 2nd chair shows up at the store as expected. I had no intention of getting both the gym stuff and furniture the same month but oh well. I hate when house stuff interferes with jewelry shopping. I’ll cry if I have to pay taxes on my small inheritance. Ooh, maybe we can’t afford to go to Arizona for the MIL’s BDay party. See there is always a silver lining to everything. :bigsmile: My appointment with a CPA is the 24th so I’ll hopefully get an idea that day if we’ll owe money on the estate.

We went out to supper after furniture shopping and split a bottle of Malbec. I was pretty “happy” in no time. My steak was really gross; it had a nasty side of fat and gristle so I told the hostess who picked up our plates and they took it off our bill. So I basically ate a few raw veggies, ½ of a potato, a few bites of steak and lots of wine. D’oh!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, I can't wait to hear how the new Child Manager does this week. I really *try* to approach things like this with an open mind, but when the whole thing just makes you shake your head and go, "WHAT are they thinking...?" it's hard!

Curby, I'm glad you guys got some furniture picked out for the man cave! But boo for putting a dent in your jewelry shopping. I'll be interested to hear what your accountant has to say. My guess (never having worked in estate tax law in your state) is that you won't have to pay, or at least not any significant amount.

So I did indeed make it back home yesteday! Being super anal, I always have a copy of my passport, license, and front and back of my credit cards scanned into my email. So between having printed copies of all that out at the hotel and also being a frequent flier and TSA pre-check it really wasn't bad at all.

Last night when the CB and I pulled into my parking spot I looked over and the dome light of my Lexus was on... and apparently had been for the past five days... UGH. The CB jumped my battery and it started right up, but damn! I just go that battery a week or two ago!

As for the situation with the contractor--oh my. So now I've been in contact with three of the subcontractors who (a) never got paid, (b) two of them actually charged less on the job than the GC was in turn charging me, and (c) didn't sign the waivers. The CB talked to the principals of the GC's old firm again and they said the notary seal belonged to a guy who left there four years ago and left his seal behind. This just gets worse and worse for this guy. I'm going to try to call him tonight, otherwise I'm going to reach out to his mother, who works for the same real estate firm that I do. I've found all sorts of pictures of the GC and his new wife online from the past six months. Engagement pictures (lovely ring, BTW), wedding, etc. I forwarded the links to the CB and he said, "Wow, what a nice wedding you bought that guy." Ha!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, he doesn't start until the first week in March. If I'm lucky, I won't be there to meet him! I'm having lunch with a company I almost chose 7 years ago. They reached out to me late last week out of the blue to see if I'd be interested. I am!

We're taking tomorrow off to spend the day with my brother and SIL-to-be and we're heading down to the resort we're getting married at in April. They've never seen it and they'd love to see where they're getting married. I'm just looking forward to a day off work mid-week!

Marcy, that dinner sounded awful :| I'm glad they removed the meal from your bill. I have no tolerance for bad food in a restaurant. In fact, if I get a bad meal, I go right out to Urban Spoon and write a negative review in the hopes I'll save someone else from a bad dining experience. We went to a new restaurant that had gotten rave review in the paper last month, to have an awful dining experience. I mean truly awful. I wrote a review as soon as we got home. What's funny is that when I read real reviews from diners, we were not alone in how we felt. I don't have a clue how the paper managed to give them such praise. Unless there was money put in someone's pocket, which I suspect is exactly what happened.

Your shopping experience for the man-cave sounded like Marty did quite well. Quite well indeed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I like your term child manager. It’s a great description. What was Marty thinking spending money on stuff for the man cave? I need to upgrade some sapphires. And buy an oval diamond for a RHR. My attorney didn’t think we’d have to pay taxes either and he is an estate attorney. Hopefully both of you are right. Time will tell. That is a great idea to have scanned images of your license, passport and credit cards in your phone. Being TSA pre-check definitely helped. I was getting the guest room ready for you and made sure the wine rack is full. Just in case. I am sure your battery will be fine. My 66 Mustang had a really dim light under the dash that turned on really easily turning the headlights off and on. I killed the battery in that car so many times. My dad finally unplugged the light so I’d quit killing my battery. I still am thinking holy crap about how the tale of your crooked GC is evolving. Did you reach him on the phone today? I would think he could be doing serious jail time over this. What happens if he can’t pay the subcontractors? What an absolute mess. You can’t make this kind of crazy up!

Rod, I am crossing my fingers, eyes and toes that your lunch goes as you hope with that other company. What day is that? A midweek outing to a special place will be a wonderful way to spend a day. Post pictures of the resort if you feel like it. I am excited to see it. The only reason I didn’t complain at first about my steak is our waitress is a very good friend of mine. The hostess and management at that restaurant know I am her friend so that keeps me from posting bad things about them online. I know they check local ratings pretty regularly. The last few years they’ve gone downhill for sure in service and quality. We have the same thing happen here where a new place is featured in the paper and you go try it out and find it is less than spectacular. Yes, Marty is getting his man cave nicer than upstairs. Okay, I guess not really but I’ll hang out down there now in the summer. It’s too darn cold in the winter for me.

So I had another one on one with the employee who yelled at another employee last week. I swear I should make a recording of what we talk about because he keeps harping about the same things. He has an incredible work ethic but doesn’t seem to have much compassion or tolerance for those who can’t or won’t ever reach his level of competency. He continues to complain about fixing other people’s mistakes and having to help them get things done. He resents that other people don’t work as hard as he does. One of the last things I told him is I hope someday you have a job where your entire team meets your expectations but I doubt that is ever going to happen. I tried.

I didn’t hit any curbs today. Sweet. Of course since Marty drove my car yesterday I’m almost out of gas. Rats that we are getting snow tonight.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got this love seat and 2 of the recliners. Teddy already approved of them. They are for tall people. My feet don't touch the floor if I set all the way back.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1423625654.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,

We've stayed at the resort a number of times. It's actually our favorite getaway. It's only an hour south of Tampa, but feels like we flew to an island in the Caribbean. Here's a picture of the beach........

longboat_key_club_6-11__2_.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, the resort is beautiful. You couldn't have picked a more beautiful sport for your wedding. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, sorry I misunderstood -- I thought the Child Manager was starting sooner rather than at the beginning of next month. And yes, I hope you are long gone by then!

Curby, I know what you mean about tall people furniture! Having met me, I'm sure you can appreciate that most of the chairs and sofas I encounter in life leave my feet sticking straight out if I sit the whole way back...

SO...!!! I got all my ducks in a row and called the GC last night and laid everything out there for him. That resulted in a volley of texting between him, the subs and me pretty much all night long... Ack. This morning when I got off the elevator he called and we had a VERY interesting conversation. Long story short, he admits what he did was totally wrong and he wants to "make it right." I told him he has to pay me back every penny and I will in turn pay the subs. He's coming over to my house tonight to draw up an agreement and he's giving me the title to his mint condition hot damn muscle car for collateral. It's in storage in a garage in Michigan so I have to take some amount of faith with this whole thing, but it's all going to be written into the agreement so if he does breach and then the car isn't there or is sold out from under me then he's got breach of contract as a chargeable offense in addition to all the other issues. The CB said I should make him sell the car and pay me back in full immediately but I feel compelled somehow to give this guy a chance in the hopes he will realize how close he skated to the edge and this is his opportunity to do right and turn things around. You know the old saying though: Fvck me once, shame on you, fvck me twice, shame on me. I hope this doesn't turn out to be "shame on me"!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries DeeJay about not realizing super-kid starts in March. And yes, I hope to be gone in time.

On your GC resolution. I do hope he doesn't stiff you. You're being waaaaaay nicer about working something out than I would or could be, but let's hope he know how much trouble he could be in if he messes up.

Today was such a nice day. First a day off in the middle of the week was a treat. We found the restaurant we're dining at after the wedding, which is just about a 10 minute drive up the road from our resort. Then we went to the resort and walked along the beach and found the perfect place to "tie the knot!" Then we had lunch at St. Armands Circle, which is just up from the resort and has block after block of really up-scale shops and restaurants. For lunch I had a cup of creamy potato soup and a lobster salad sandwich. I've had the lobster salad before and it's about as good, if not better than any lobster salad I've had anywhere. It's just pure lobster meat, perfectly cooked, in a light mayonnaise dressing. I savored every single little bite. Yummmmm!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I have the same problem with furniture too. Marty and I can’t find furniture that fits both of us. You are being more than kind and generous to your GC. I hope he appreciates it and honors his agreement with you. I am sure you are still thinking WTH?

Rod, your day sounds perfect. I am delighted to hear you are tying the knot is such a wonderful and beautiful place.

Marty’s man cave furniture showed up about 4 today. It is very comfy. I went down and tried them all out. I will probably only see Marty for supper now. I’ll disconnect his Joey from the receiver up here so he can’t watch TV. Ha Ha.

I bought window food for supper and probably will tomorrow too. Everything I have to cook is frozen.

Take care. Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, did you happen to get any pics of the location where you're going to tie the knot? It sounds wonderful!

Curby, WTH is a lot kinder than what I'm actually thinking LOL!

So the contractor blew off coming over to my house last night (no text or call or anything) but texted me at 7:30 this morning and said he had an emergency last night (apparently his phone doesn't work on Planet Emergency...?) and wanted to get together today. I jumped on the chance and had him come to my office. We sat down and went over the agreement for well over an hour and I am now sitting here with the title to a Mustang GT Cobra. I want an American muscle car like I want a third tit, but whatever. Some collateral is better than no collateral I guess. And who knows really if I, or the subs, are ever going to see a dime, but he seems pretty scared at this point, if not very contrite. He actually had the nerve to object to me demanding the project management fee back as part of the repayment, saying he "Did a great job for me." I am never speechless, but I came damn close right then! I said, "Yes, you did a great job. And then you presented me with forged and falsified documents, defrauded me based on the amounts actually charged by the subs, committed theft by virtue of not paying the subs, and defaming my name for saying I never paid you." Needless to say repayment of the project management fee stayed in our agreement. WTH indeed!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay,

We didn't take pics while we were there yesterday, but if you look at this picture, there's a point where the Gulf of Mexico meets a channel on the left side of the picture and that's where we're getting married.

longboat_key_club_6-11__5_.jpg

When your GC didn't show up last night, you showed beyond more restraint than I could have. At that point, I'd have been calling the police. Please be careful as the more time he has, the more time he has to figure out how to (for lack of a better word) screw you. I'm glad you held firm on not letting him out of the management fee. He truly deserves NO mercy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I am sure you are thinking more things than WTH! I think I would have called the cops last night when that GC failed to keep his appointment. I hope his muscle car is worth what he owes you. You are certainly being incredibly kind to this man giving him a chance to make this right. I hope he appreciates everything you are doing for him.

Rod, what a beautiful picture! Your wedding is going to be held in gorgeous surroundings.

Deegee, how is your week going?

We had supper at Olive Garden. I am very full. Marty got the exercise equipment today. He forgot to have them take the treadmill. He is very excited about it. My legs and knees aren’t very flexible so I had a hard time bending them enough to get going on the recumbent bike. I don’t know how much to push it either. No point getting my knees and legs in worse shape than they are. I’ll have to try working at it very slow.

Tomorrow is Friday!
Marcy /Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'll 2nd the yay for Friday!

Nice little bauble you liked there! I think you need to make Mary work harder!

We had a nice dinner with my brother and SIL-to-be tonight. They're headed back to Maryland, tomorrow morning and they won't be back until March. We'll get our marriage licenses together when they're back.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-the whole contractor thing is absolute insanity! You're dealing with it rather well! The guy really thought none of this would come back on him? Did you get your license and debit card back?

Rod-those pictures are so beautiful. The color of the ocean is so...ahhhh.... What an amazing place to get married! The party you went to sounds like it was very distracting with those huge diamonds running around! We had a boy wonder at work a few years ago. He was hired into a management position fresh out of college rather than promoted from the inside (I had been promoted to a management position after 8 years...and lots of other experience outside of this employer), his annual salary started at $100 less than I was making (I worked both my pre-manager job in a different department along with heading up another department for 2 years) he wore suits and carried a briefcase to work everyday, looked the part, and got fired for embezzling. Hee-hee...that's my boy wonder story!

Marcy-a good friend of mine is barely 5'4 and very short legged, so she has the same furniture issue as you. I'm 5'9, so it takes some mighty wide furniture for my legs to dangle! I like the furniture you bought. Will Marty let you hang out in there? Matt's man cave is on the 2nd floor next to his office, and he used to joke that he was going to station a bouncer at the top of the stairs to keep me and the cats out. I told Matt to go win the lottery this week and he said he was on it, but that was a bust! If Marty doesn't take on a very high paying 2nd job, you're going to have to resort to winning the lotto to buy that ring!

I've been buried with work all week. I put in some long days in phase 4a, but days will be even longer with 4b because we have so much to do. We are designing the biggest part of the system in 4b, with parts of 4a still going on, and phase 5 will start before we get 4b finished. The vendor has staffed way up, but we are keeping the same number of leads (4) and we'll be responsible for double the design chapters we had in 4a, and each design chapter is far more involved too. So I might as well say it's been nice chatting with you, I'll check back in a couple of years. :shock: I'm looking so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. It's supposed to be really windy & cold with some of that white stuff thrown in tomorrow. I may stay home all day. Have a great weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great Boy Wonder story Deegee! I think it's sad my company has decided the future rests with Millenial's but so be it. The other two people on my team have already found new jobs and now it's my turn. When Boy Wonder shows up, it is my sincere hope he walks into an office with no one to manage! Ha. Karma as they say is a be-atch!

Sorry to hear work has you buried. Hope you're at least taking some time for yourself. I'm with you in my excited to just be able to sleep in tomorrow morning!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, what are you guys going to do about the treadmill? Can you get someone else to come and get it, or maybe put it on Craigslist? Does Marty have a plan for what he's going to draw? I need something BIIIIIG for over the bed if he feels inspired!

Rod, but... what if the plan is to have everyone old enough to remember Ronald Reagan leave so they can fill the staff positions up with Millenials too? I can just see it now -- the whole office crawling with 22 year olds in brand spankin' new Brook Brothers suits and shiny Florsheim wingtips!

Deege, I was starting to worry about you! I thought maybe the piles of paper in your office got so high they toppled over and buried you underneath! The next phase of your project sounds... um... GRIM!

I went out to the accounting firm yesterday and came home early, only a six hour day (but with a one hour commute in each direction... ), and it was GREAT! My boss about lost his mind that I had the contractor come into the office to sign the agreement on Thursday so I could copy it, and it's my fault for saying anything to him because he brought up not meeting the guy alone again. My boss is such an "old lady" about so many things -- walking on eggshells around our Managing Directors in a way that makes ME nervous. It's kind of disconcerting. I mean really, we're all in it together working toward the same goal so a little involvement with compliance isn't a bad thing. I stopped conversations with three head hunters last week after I thought it through because they would have all led to similar situations where I would end up in jobs with no where else to go buy directly up, and I have no desire to be anyone's Chief Compliance Officer ever again, but I talked to an internal recruiter that I have spoke with before three or four years ago and she's with a major Chicago based financial institution. Maybe that's the right answer -- go to a large organization again so that in a few years when I get board with my job I can move on internally and not have to switch companies. They are building out several new platforms and that's my forte; I'm builder and a fixer. I'm having coffee with her on Friday morning, so we'll see.

Today I'm taking a client out to see five things. And then I have no plans for Sunday OR Monday!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Rod, I’m not sure how that will go asking Marty to work harder so he can buy me that little bauble. For some reason I think he’d frown on it. Weird. Dinner with your brother and SIL sounds really nice. How exciting when they come back next month you’ll be getting your marriage licenses. You wonder if an office full of boy wonders and Millenials would succeed? Did you sleep in?

Deegee, your boy wonder story certainly should be a lesson and eye-opener to the wisdom of hiring people off the street into management positions. Rats that Matt didn’t win the lotto. Three people sure did well with Powerball. I have $3 coming on my Mega Millions ticket. Marty wants his cut though. Marty doesn’t care if I hang out in the man cave. It’s chilly down there for me though. I hope you don’t work too hard with Phase 5 starting while 4a and 4b are still ongoing. This makes me think of the Underpants Gnomes episode on South Park. It was Phase One: Collect Underpants, Phase Two: (they shrugged their shoulders) and Phase Three: Profits. I hope you slept in and stayed in from that white stuff.

Dee Jay, Marty doesn’t seem to care they treadmill is still here. I know a guy at work that comes and hauls things away for you I might see what he says about it. Marty does have a plan for what he wants to draw; he wants to draw something he saw at the places he’s been. He brought me his initial drawing for a business he liked in Hong Kong. It’s an optical shop and it had a big pair of glasses. I’ll tell him he should get started on something large for you to hang up. Good luck finding a new career path. How did the showings go today with your client?

I made breakfast and then we got wrapped up in a movie so sat here for about 2 hours. We decided to go out to lunch early and it turned out to be a good idea. We got the last little table in the bar at a steakhouse. After lunch we bought enough groceries to last for a few days and now we are going to rent a movie or two to watch. I’ll probably brew up popcorn for the movies.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Valentines Ladies!

We had a nice relaxing day. I slept till 9:30, which to me is pure luxury! We had a nice breakfast, then went out. We spent some time at Starbucks and I read a magazine on my iPad and listened to some music on the fantastic Bluetooth headphones Charlie gave me for Christmas. We decided to cook dinner at home tonight. Valentines out at most restaurants is usually pretty disappointing. We made cheesy risotto, with spinach, onion, mushroom, jumbo shrimp and scallop. I saute the seafood in Old Bay and red pepper, so it has a bit of heat, but it's simply an amazingly wonderful dinner.

I hope you had a special Valentine day with someone dear to you!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Marcy-I haven't seen that episode of South Park. I should look it up. Tell Marty I need something big to hang up too. You can start hiring him out for his artwork and then maybe you can get that 25 million diamond! It sure looks amazing!! I keep asking Matt if he is ever going to hang the clock, and he says he's waiting for its one year anniversary of it being propped against the wall, which will be April. The sad thing is that after looking through all of those ideas on Houzz, I may have decided to put something different up there. How are you getting along with the recumbent bike?

Dee*Jay-Good luck with whatever you plan to do job-wise. I'm trying my hardest to stick it out through this project. The 4 of us on the team are essentially building and shaping the future organization of our agency, and that is really cool. It's just a whole lot of work to get there! Our agency has hired a full-time change management guy to help staff transition to the new world. Big change is coming, and change always freaks people out.

Rod-your Valentine's Day sounds just perfect. Before we moved to our current house about a year and a half ago, we ate out for dinner every single night of the week with the exception of Valentine's Day. We made it a point to eat in that night because we didn't want to deal with the hoards of people crowding our restaurants! Good luck with your job search. That would be an awesome feeling to know new dude would be showing up with no one to manage. Ha!

Matt and I ventured out for brunch yesterday afternoon at our one and only microbrewery. Afterwards we decided to go grocery shopping, and it snowed a good 2 inches just while we were in the store. We decided not to go back out once we got home, so we had a super romantic dinner of leftover pizza and I made a cherry cobbler. We're supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow with extremely cold temps (it's 8 right now) and high wind. I'm off tomorrow, but had planned to go in anyway to get stuff together for a Tuesday meeting. Looks like I'll be doing that from home instead! We have crazy cold temps predicted for this week, with one day being -15. Holy cow! That doesn't happen here. I want to go to the place in the pictures Rod posted!! Have a wonderful Monday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice day we had today. For those stuck in the frozen tundra, you might want to know. We did some shopping, then came home and went for a nice long 3 mile walk along what's known as Riverwalk. The temperature was a fabulous 74, with no humidity and no clouds in the sky. When we came home we cooked a wonderful dinner, a filet for me and salmon for Charlie.

Deegee, a foot of snow and temps in the negatives?? Sorry, I don't do snow and cold. No I don't. Stay safe and warm. I am jealous of you having tomorrow off. We don't get many holidays at my company.

DeeJay, I suspect the plan is to have nothing but youngsters running around. Until they figure out they can't build or close business. By then however, those of us who've been around for a long time will be [hopefully] long gone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, here is the link to a gnome explaining their 3 phases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

When Marty was at his old job there was a vendor who never knew how to make things work and so Marty dubbed them the "Underpants Gnomes" and people at work still call them that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Rod, I am glad you slept in until 9:30 yesterday. I got up at 9 today. Marty was eager for breakfast by then but he had 2 leftover biscuits from yesterday to snack on while he waited. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing Valentine’s Day and your dinner last night sounds great. Your walk today in mid 70-degree weather sounds divine. I hope you enjoyed it for me. I sure find many of the younger generation don’t have a much of a work ethic so I can’t imagine they would be very successful running a business.

Deegee, I posted the link for you about phase 2. It was one of my favorite episodes. I will tell Marty to get busy on some large paintings. I have a lot of money to dig up for that giant diamond. :bigsmile: You’ll miss the clock if you move it now. I haven’t checked Houzz out yet; I don’t need to find something else to spend money on so maybe I’ll wait for a while before checking it out. Your project is certainly a massive undertaking but how cool to be in on the planning and designing change for your agency. I am glad you are staying home tomorrow with that much snow expected. Relax and enjoy your day off.

After I finally got out of bed I made Marty pancakes and sausage and made myself a pancake with strawberries and whip cream. We met my sister and some of her family for dinner about 45 minutes from here. The snow started about noon but the roads were only wet. We came home right after eating. We are expecting about 6 inches of snow through tomorrow. I think I’ll have my chauffer drive me to work in the morning. I am going to stay home Tuesday to work on my annual performance appraisals. Everyone had to do self-appraisals this year. I haven’t looked at them yet I think I’ll have an outburst of Tourette’s when I see them. I got mine this week. My boss just “released” it to me so I could read it at my own leisure and I didn’t have any questions so we didn’t even talk about it. I guess they’ll keep me for another year.

We are watching the SNL 40 year anniversary special. Some of it’s pretty funny, some of it not so much.

Have a great week.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, pancakes sound so good. I had a good dinner tonight, but for some reason, I'm hungry. You can keep the snow too! Good idea having "the" chauffer drive you to work in the morning.

I did enjoy the nice weather for you all!

On the millenial subject again, they hired another 27 year old manager, who started a few months ago. He's a party boy and can't get himself up in the morning. He never comes to work before 9:00 AM. And he finally hired someone to work for him. She doesn't come in early either. Why should she? Her boss doesn't set a very good example.

Night night........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-I work for the state, and we get lots of holidays! I ended up working almost all of them last year, with the exception on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Day, and one other in November...Veterans Day maybe? How do people like your youngsters keep their jobs! My mantra is "I want less to do, more time to do it in, and more pay for not getting it done." That seems to work for other people!

Marcy-I wonder if any of the vendor people would get it if I mumble loudly under my breath in our next meeting "underpants gnomes". Ha-ha! I found an ecard that I'm seriously thinking about printing and hanging up at my desk. In phase 4a, we were in meetings every day 9-12, 1-5, and occasionally 12-1. We were in a meeting one day when the vendor pm asked why we missed our deadline, and I said "because you have us in meetings all day and we can't get work done." He answered quite seriously that he would schedule a meeting so we could develop a plan to get work done. And he did. ( Ecard below ) And be careful out and about tomorrow! So do you still have to meet with your boss for your evaluation, or are you on your own just to read it?

_27092.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that cartoon! Thanks for the laugh before I shut down and head to dreamy town........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Rod, I usually have a pancake or a waffle on the weekend. Rest of the week it’s Cheerios. I am sure all of us would gladly send you some of this cold and snow. We like to share! I drove myself to work today because the roads looked mostly dry. It wasn’t bad at all. I am staying home tomorrow to work on performance appraisals. Don’t you love people that set such fine examples like that especially those in management? Sure I can come in late; I’m the boss.

Deegee, I love your ecard. That is perfect! Your mantra is perfect. Can I use that on some of my appraisals tomorrow? I think you should incorporate underpants gnomes phase 2 in talks with your vendors. I just love the little gnome just shrugs for phase 2 and then moves on to profits. I remember when you answered that pm vendor you keep us in meetings all day. That was awesome! Don’t ask you a question if you don’t want to hear the truth! I think you should print out that ecard and hang it up at work.

Marty is cooking his favorite Ethiopian dish called Tibbs. I have a baked potato brewing up and will warm up some leftover steak. We both kind of have stomachaches. Oh oh!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results