carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Kids!

Not much going on here. I am making my lists and checking them twice. Tonight I am going to try and start my Christmas poem.

We had burgers, veggies and ice cream for supper. Marty is having some people from work come here Sunday. Cool. I keep telling him he needs to schedule some of his meetings here. That will be fun.

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm thinking the band would look better with my ering if there was a little less metal on each side of the diamonds, if that makes sense. I thought about switching it to my right hand, but it would take me forever to pick out another wedding band! They can't work on it up until January, so that gives me plenty of time to decide what to do. I never know what to tell Matt to get me for Christmas, so I sent him a link for the jewel jet. I admire you for writing a Christmas poem. Poetry is definitely NOT one of my talents!

Food today-a serving of mashed potatoes from Cracker Barrel for lunch, and half a bowl of chili and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. That the most I've eaten all week, and my stomach is feeling a little queasy. I made it through the whole day at work today and had planned to do some work from home tonight, but I fell asleep on the couch for a good 3 hours. Whatever this ick is, it has sure made me sleep a lot. Have a great Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Matt and I made it to the farmers market after work for a tree. I think this one is at least 10ft. Our house smells so good right now! We haven't put lights on or started decorating yet. I'm really tired from the ick, so for now we're admiring an undecorated tree. Tonight was Matt's company CMas party, but we decided not to go this year. we did our own thing and went to a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant. I had 1/2 of a 6oz filet, potatoes, and zucchini. They have awesome carrot cake ($10 a slice!), so I got a piece to go. My stomach is still iffy, and dinner is all I ate all day. Here's a pic of Lily in her Christmas collar. She has a really cute velvet collar with a dangly rhinestone Christmas tree and bell, but she nearly chokes herslf trying to get it off. She's good with this one, so that's as festive as she gets! Have a great Saturday.

_24927.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, you reminded me about... Christmas cards... ACK. I guess my next step is to dig those out and figure out how many stamps I need. This holiday season *wears*me*the*hell*out*!!!

Deegee, your pooch is adorable in her holiday collar! The Demon was amenable to pretty much anything as long as he got a T-R-E-A-T but Oscar was a no-go with anything festive like that.

My party was last night and I'm still so exhausted I can't believe my eyes are even open right now... I got up at 6:30 yesterday morning and never stopped moving until about 2:00 THIS morning. At one point I had 90 people in the house, and more came and went, so I have no idea what the real count was. We went through MASSIVE amounts of prosecco, wine and beer and enough cheese and crackers and other party food to sink a battle ship. I've now washed all the dishes and glasses (although I haven't put everything away and I spent four hours today working with someone from the accounting office on some big picture planning. Currently I am lying in bed anticipating a big nap coming on!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, do you have any ideas on why I can't post pics any more? I try my laptop and both my personal phone (iphone 6) and my work phone (iphone 5) and nothing works. The only way I can put up a pic is from my work computer (which I'm sure the IT people love -- NOT!). The thing just spins and spins and ultimately times out... ???

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay your party sounds like a smashing success. Sweet!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, My iPad does okay in Tap a Talk with pictures but I can't see them. Are you on Mac?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, my 3-pointer band had a lot less metal and I liked it. Of course I like this ring too. I looked at my band and I don’t see why WF couldn’t take some of it off. You will like the Jewel Jet. It really seems to get my jewelry very clean. I hope you are feeling better this weekend. I love Lily’s picture, how cute she has a Christmas collar.

Dee Jay, getting ready for Christmas certainly does take a lot of time and energy. It sounds like you had quite a crowd at your party and definitely went through a lot of food and holiday cheer. Is your party formal? I hope you did enjoy a long nap. My iPhone does the same thing posting pictures on Facebook and I sadly have no idea why it does that. Agreed I am sure work doesn’t appreciate you posting pictures from their computers.

I bought 3 more boxes of Christmas cards today and 100 stamps. I got my silly pictures to put in the cards printed today – now I just have to finish my darn poem.

Marty played golf in Colorado today. I worked on laundry, ran errands and then headed to Colorado myself. Marty’s friend dropped him off at 4 at our favorite kitchen store. I picked up a few Christmas gifts and paper plates and napkins for the family Christmas. I thought we’d use the paper plates for the snacks and set them up downstairs on the bar in the man cave.

We also met my sister and BIL for supper. She brought me an envelope of old photos and newspaper clippings of me she sorted out of my parents hundreds of photo albums. I swear that project could take her decades.

Take care.
Curby Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-glad your party was a success! I can't imagine having that many people in my house at one time. I bet you're an awesome hostess. Matt put Lily's velvet bling bling collar on her today and she nearly turned herself into a pretzel trying to get it off. I keep threatening to put Santa hats on the cats, but I don't see that working out either.

Marcy-I found 3 unopened boxes of Christmas cards when I was unpacking the tree decorations today. I really should send some or quit buying them! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. How are you doing? Is Marty home for a while? Do you two buy each other gifts? Matt and I have the hardest time buying for each other. He usually sends me a few links, but he can't think of anything this year. There is a really nice jewelry store downtown that is going out of business. I think I read they've been here over 100 years, and the owner is retiring and his son didn't want the business. They have good stuff, so I plan to hit up their going out of business sale to look for a RHR.

I'm feeling better today, but I figure the cough will linger for a while. The only good thing about being sick is that my pants are much more comfortable around my waist! Everyone in the family who had whatever this was is on the rebound and feeling better. It was such a nasty, rainy day today that we didn't leave the house all day. I read and Matt watched football. I probably should have worked at home a few hours today since I missed so many hours last week. Funny how that slips my mind until 1 am! Food today-chicken noodle soup, a slice of pizza, and Matt and I split a chef salad. Marcy-when you lost weight, did you follow a diet or just really start watching what you ate?

Pic of the 10ft tree in the family room. The multicolored lights are so pretty, but show up so lousy in pics.

_24945.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I can see poor Lily trying to get her bling bling collar off. I remember dressing our cats up as a kid; they took it but they were sure mad about it. Your tree looks fabulous and TALL!!! I love your tree topper. I am glad to hear you are feeling a lot better! When I lost weight I ate 1200 a day. I didn’t really restrict things but counted calories and weighed my food. Sadly even going up any amount of calories I found it was way too easy to gain a lot of that weight back. I really do need to get on it again. This past year plus has not been conducive to weight loss for me. Thanks for asking how I am – you must be physic. I’ve been going through a really bad spell of anger and sadness again. I did the same thing about 9-10 months after my mom died. I am reliving the last few months of their lives and playing the shoulda, coulda, woulda game. Which I know is completely pointless and it’s not like I didn’t see or spend time with my parents but you know hindsight is so much wiser than real life. My parent’s birthdays were in November, then there was Thanksgiving and now Christmas. My dad and I were both real strong around each other last year for the holidays but I know they really tore him up. Now I wish we’d talked about it with each other. I went to the cemetery yesterday and shed lots of tears so I am a little better today. It’s all a normal part of the process but it’s tough. At least this time I figured out why and what’s wrong a little quicker than I did in May and June when I was doing that thinking about my mom. I am lucky I don’t honestly have other trauma or drama in my life.

I woke up about 4 with a coughing fit. I didn’t get back to sleep until after 5. We got up about 7:30. I am trying to clean out the freezer to get ready for the ham I ordered and the few cookies I’ll bake for Christmas so we had frozen waffles for breakfast. I’d pick up a box while Marty was gone. I told him to pretend like we were camping.

Marty is working on our den today. We are going to leave the drapes off the windows with the shutters. We like the color but feel the room looks neater, cleaner without the drapes. We are going to hang one of the Snoopy posters we have (framed) on the wall in there, move the room around and maybe get a chair or loveseat in there. I hope we get the Christmas tree up today too. I’d like the den to be an extra spot to watch TV or just visit with someone. Right now we have an awful TV and only the desk chair in there.

I am actually curling my hair today. I have those little self-stick rollers. I am getting a haircut Tuesday and right now my hair is pretty long for this style.

Have a great day!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, your tree is gorgeous! I love the snowman on top! Have you peeked in the holiday decorations thread in hangout? Butterfly posted a white snowman tree that I adore! If I ever get around to buying another tree I am totally going to consider the idea!

Curby, I’m so sorry that you’re feeling down my friend. If you want to talk feel free to call or email me. And there is never a good answer when family passes on. My grandmother passed away one year ago last Friday and I’ve got all sorts of shoulda woulda couldas there too…

Last night I started to organize the gifts that I need to ship off. Of course I threw out all my moving boxes so now I have to go to Home Depot and buy a couple to put these presents in. That’s all got to happen tonight because the appraiser is coming tomorrow morning for my refi and then I’m having my best friend from law school and his partner over to do an early x-mas in the evening.

Are the holidays over yet… ?!?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-lots and lots of hugs to you. You were able to spend a lot of time with your parents, and I'm sure they appreciated it. We do the best we can, and it seems like hindsight always makes us feel like we didn't do enough. I went through a really bad spell of the shoulda woulda couldas about a year after my grandmother passed away. I finally wrote a big long letter to her, and that helped my mindset a lot. I miss her dearly. My giant tree has ornaments on it that she made for me over the years, and I sure did get teary eyed getting the tree decorated! 1200 calories doesn't seem like enough to keep you going in a day!! Is that just for food and then you get extra for booze? :) When I tried My Fitness Pal a few months ago, for my height I needed to eat 1380 calories a day to lose weight. I think it's doable if I will actually measure portions and get some kind of exercise in. I'm afraid that once I get over being sick, I'm going to eat everything in sight! I love my tree topper. This is the first year in our 21 years together that we have had a tree with colored lights, and the first tree we've had with an actual tree topper. Usually I make some giant bow concoction. Matt wouldn't let me on the ladder to mess with the top of the tree or the ribbon up there (given my history of falling), so he did the top and most of the ribbon. Pretty darn good for his first try ever with that kind of thing!

Dee*Jay-I checked out that other thread. I thought about buying a white tree to be the snowman body with this topper on top, but I decided I already have 2 trees up and I'm not going for 3! I love your greeter! Are you leaving him up for the holidays, or is he already deflated and in storage? Good idea having him guard the booze. Holidays are exhausting, and I haven't actually bought any gifts yet. Ah! It seems like panic would make me get my lazy butt out there to shop, but nope. Not enough panic yet. I'll wait until Marcy tells me it's 2 weeks until Christmas.

Today was my first full day back to work since last Tuesday, and I ended up working 10 hours. I brought work home but I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to bring myself to look at it. I started a new book yesterday and I'd rather read that. I had an interesting food day today because my stomach is extremely iffy. I had a bite of oatmeal for breakfast and that didn't work. I had 3 bites of chicken for lunch (we had Qdoba catered in and I made myself a bowl of chicken and rice), and that didn't work. I ate a cookie, which stayed down but left me feeling like I had a brick on my chest. For dinner I had a few bites of mashed potatoes which worked okay until I pushed my luck and ate a piece of pumpkin pie...which did not work. I think I had some funky hybrid disease where I had the cough, fever, sore throat, headache from one kid and the stomach bug from another kid. The lesson here is stay away from sick kids. I'm off to read. Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Thank you Dee Jay and Deegee. I know both of you are right there with me missing your grandmothers. I appreciate the kind words and know you understand.

Dee Jay, the white snowman tree is awesome. Of course your giant T-Rex is too. We had so many darned boxes and old junk in our basement when we move I throw all boxes away now. Of course then sadly you have to go buy boxes when you need them. Good luck with your refi and have fun celebrating Christmas with your best friend from law school. No, the holidays aren’t over yet. Deegee and I will be watching for our packages though. Are you sending us the wine leftover from your party?

Deegee, I am glad to hear you have the ornaments from your grandmother. It makes them so special. I didn’t drink much when I was eating the 1200 calories a day and I think adding alcohol back really put weight back on. I also think I may have not done myself a favor eating so little. I think the almost 1400 calories sounds more reasonable. Matt did good putting on your tree topper. I artificial tree is so short Marty can reach it with no problem. We have a little star; nothing cool like a snowman. I studied my band today and I don’t see why WF couldn’t trim/polish/whatever some of the metal away from the sides. I’ll try to remind you when you have 2 weeks till Christmas. Sorry to hear your stomach is still iffy; we always refer to kids as little petri dishes. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Our den is coming along. The printers and TV are all set up. We bought an electric leather Flexteel recliner tonight to put in there. It is so darned comfortable I may never come out of the den. I can rattle my cup of ice and tell Marty I need more water. Sweet. Of course Marty wants 2 recliners and a couch recliner for the man cave. I will be anxious to get home tomorrow and test it out in front of the new TV.

I think my Christmas poem is ready to print. I’ll have Marty proof read it tonight and I’ll read it again tomorrow then get that baby printed.

Marty is off to Atlanta next week. I will try to get my Christmas cookies baked while he is gone.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I hope you're feeling better. Kids are like walking petri dishes -- if I get near one I am pretty much assured the plague within 24 hours! Santa-saurus isn't very sturdy (which is why we had him "anchored" with rope and gallons of water; one good gust and Santa-saurus might have taken flight! So he's back inside in his box, but ready to go at a moment's notice!

Curby, your new recliner looks DIVINE! About calories, sometimes when you post what you eat, I think, that Marcy isn't taking in enough to sustain a bird! I was really good about keeping to 1200 cals about five years ago when I lost 30 lbs, but it was GRIM. If I kept an accurate count now I'd probably be horrified at the number -- HA!

Last night I shipped a box off to Tahoe with the *hope* that it will be there by this weekend. It was $23 for four business day delivery and $78 for three day so I saved the $55 and took a gamble. And if it doesn't work, well, everyone will just get an additional distribution of gifts on Monday!

The appraiser came this morning. He seemed very impressed with the place, especially since I had pictures from before the renovation. Hopefully he can get to a good number! I should know by the end of the week...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, that is awesome the appraiser was impressed with your beautiful place. How could he not be? I hope your package makes it to Tahoe in time; if not Monday will do just as well. Maintaining 1200 calories is pretty grim; once I get in the habit I do okay but getting and staying there is another thing. I always keep trying though!

Deegee, I hope you are feeling better today.

Our chair got delivered about 11. I got my hair cut after work so Marty and I went out to supper then when we got home we put up our Christmas tree. I might have to go read by the tree in the new chair before I go to bed.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the tree and new chair.

tree2015.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your new chair looks right at home in its happy little corner! I am getting my hair cut tomorrow too. The current plan is to grow it out a bit (maybe chin length) so I think she'll probably just take the bottom/back up tigher to give the rest of it a chance to grow down (that description makes sense in *my* head, let's see if it makes sense to *her* - ha!). I hate this growing out process...

Last night we did dinner and gifts with my friends. They left about 10:30 and for one nanosecond I CONSIDERED dragging out a bunch of gifts and wrapping them... but then I came to my senses and went to bed!

I have to run out at lunch and get a couple of gifts that it occured to me in the middle of the night I wanted to buy. I hope the stores aren't too crazy becuase I'm not running long on patience today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, how did your hair cut turn out? The growing out hair stage seems like a long and awkward process. It sounds like you had a fun evening with your friends last night. Good idea to pass on gift-wrapping last night. You’ve got plenty of time. :))

Hi Deegee!

Marty was enjoying the new chair when I got home. He read in there for hours today. If we don’t buy the set for the man cave this one might just disappear one day.

I was amused at work today. I told myself, “Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus”. My employee that needs serious micro managing is finally going to have to check her stuff tomorrow and find her own mistakes. I’ve been waiting months for that to happen. I’ll pull my reports when I get in tomorrow morning and track them. I am working on more accountability next year for the team just because of her.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your tree looks great and I love the little reindeer you set out in your entry (I think). I see you do colored lights on your tree. I'm really glad we did this year because they seem to be brightening my mood. Your chair looks awesomely comfortable. You're going to be like Matt in his new man chair. Once he's in it, that's it for the evening! Good luck with your employee. Some of the things were developing with our new computer system are automated audit trails, exception reports, workflows...stuff like that. It's supposed to help us with productivity and accountability. We currently have a whole lot of cleanup each month after the fact in our system, which is not good.

Dee*Jay-I had my hair cut yesterday. My bangs are a little short, but in my haircut lady's defense she did have to do some fixing of my chop job. I couldn't help it...they kept getting caught in my eyelashes and it was driving me nuts! Were heading to Pittsburgh Satuday. Any casual dining suggestions downtown?

I left work today at 6, took a brief nap on the couch, and worked another 3 hours from home. I have to give my tentative approval on several design documents on Friday, and my sick week last week has really put me behind. Tomorrow and Friday are going to be long days for sure. I was actually hungry today for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. I had oats for breakfast, 1/2 cup chicken chili and 1/2 peanut butter sandwich for lunch (I started getting that brick in my chest feeling and decided not to eat more), and a salad for dinner. I have been taking my prescription cough pills every 6 hours to keep them in my system, and it has helped my cough a lot. A friend recommended I make a hot toddy using Jack Daniels honey whiskey to help my cough, so I'm giving that a try before bed. I should sleep well! Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you had said you looked at your band and thought they should be able to thin it some. That's what I'm thinking. Just a little on each side would make a big difference with my ering, I think. I love the size of the diamonds and am constantly amazed with how much they sparkle!

I decided not to put in another long day today because I'm still recovering from something, and I don't need to wear myself out with work. Plus my boss told me she really wanted me to work no more than 9 hours a day and no weekends because she knows how broken down I am. So today I worked 9 hours and didn't bring my laptop home. That won't last long though! I had a breakfast bar for breakfast, a cup of tomato soup and 1/2 peanut butter sandwich for lunch and spaghetti with marinara sauce for dinner. I haven't snacked at all, so that's good. I have had a few bad coughing fits this evening so I'm drinking my hot toddy with honey whiskey. I may hve picked up a bad habit there! Have a wonderful Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Fridayi!

Deegee, I like the multi color lights but I always think the all white lights look very cool too. Marty has been spending lots of time in our new chair; I expect to find it in the man cave when I come home some day. It sounds like your project on new computer systems will be very helpful in the long run. I know my reports have make it very easy for me to track people’s accuracy and in our world that’s essential and now their progress is very measurable.

Did your hot toddy help you with coughing? I haven’t tried this yet but I hear Vics on the bottom of your feet when you sleep with keep you from coughing.

My 3-pointer band had less metal on the outside of the diamonds and it made the diamonds stand out more. I love the diamonds in my WF band too. They are so sparkly. I need to find someone here to polish my band; the bottom looks pretty scuffed up.

I am glad your boss put a limit on how many hours you should work a day. If they asked me I think they should cut it down to 8 hours a day.

Have fun in Pittsburgh!

Hi Dee Jay! I saw a T-Rex like yours the other night.

Marty played golf today. Sadly our second summer is coming to an end tomorrow. Those nasty 4 letter words are in our forecast again. COLD and SNOW.

I am working on laundry tonight. I was going to stop after work and pick up groceries for my Christmas baking but decided the store was way too busy. Rats now I’ll have to go do that tomorrow. I have my baking lined out while Marty is gone next week.

Take care. Have a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm going to have to try the Vicks on the feet thing. I'm game for anything that might help. The hot toddy seems to soothe my throat and help the coughing some. I always end up with a lingering cough after I have been sick.I had strep throat and pneumonia at the same time my freshman year in college, and I have had problems getting rid of the cough after I've been sick ever since. I bought one of those cheapie jewelry cleaning/polishing cloths that seems to shine everything up nicely but of course does nothing for scratches. I hope you can find someone to take care of that for you! Are you baking lots of Christmas goodies? I don't cook or bake, so poor Matt has to rely on the kindness of others for Christmas baked goods! A friend of ours makes ginger cookies, and he's already requested she send some his way.

We had a busy weekend. Friday after work we went to see The Nutcracker. We're not really into ballet, but we thoroughly enjoy the live symphony music so we go every year. Plus I love seeing the little kids in attendance, girls all dressed in their little velvet dresses and tights, and boys in little suits and shiny little shoes. They're so precious! The whole experience is magical for them, and they watch with it all with such wonder. We tried a restaurant that just opened before we went, and the jury is still out on that place. Very weird menu...for here anyway. Afterwards we went to Kohls to pick up a few things and got home after midnight. We hit the road yesterday morning at 9 to give us time to eat lunch before the concert at 3 in Pittsburgh. After the show, we went shopping at the outlets in Washington, PA. On the way home, we stopped for a very nice dinner in Morgantown WV, and got home at 1am. I'm beat today! I slept late and have been parked on the couch reading since I got up. I'm going to force myself to take a shower, and then I absolutely have to do a few hours of work on project stuff. I have a ton to get finished this week because I am taking off after Dec 19 until January 5. Food this weekend was okay. I am still not able to eat much, and I haven't snacked at all. We walked a lot yesterday, so yay! I got some exercise! Have a wonderful Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I am with you on trying anything to help stop coughing. I think once you have something bad like you had in college it’s just easier for colds to settle in your lungs. I’ve had more bouts of bronchitis than I’d care to count and that stupid coughing lasts for weeks. I didn’t make it to the mall today to polish my rings but maybe I can stop by after work someday this week. I like Matt’s choice of cookies. I am a fan of ginger cookies too. I am not baking as many cookies this year as I normally do. Mostly because my dad absolutely loved cookies so I am not baking his favorites. I am baking 2 kinds of cookies, a pan of easy microwave peanut butter fudge and a mini chocolate chip cheesecake. I might try to bake a batch of dinner rolls too or maybe go to a local bread store and get some of their bread for dinner. Time will determine that. You have quite a vacation from work. Sweet!!!! Your weekend sounds fun but you definitely need to rest up today.

We had a busy weekend as well. We got up about 7:30 yesterday and I told Marty get dressed we are going grocery shopping! After we took care of the refrigerated items we went out for breakfast. Then Marty helped a friend work on his car and I ran errands. We left town about 6 pm to meet 2 other couples for dinner at a place in Colorado. It was a fun evening. We ate and drank too much but had a lot of laughs. Marty and I got home about midnight. I stood out on the deck for about 10 minutes watching for meteors but didn’t see one and I was cold so I got ready for bed instead.

Marty was leaving for Atlanta today out of our local airport. I cooked breakfast and started working on my Christmas cards. We went to the airport about 11:30 and had a snack in their little café. Once it started snowing pretty hard I left him there and stopped at Dillard’s to pick up a few things for Christmas gifts. Marty texted me about 20 minutes before they were going to take off they wouldn’t allow them to fly out of here because of the wind and snow. So they brought in a shuttle and took them all to DIA. He made it with plenty of time to catch his connecting flight.

I did get most of my cards ready to mail and made my first batch of cookies. 2 items checked off my list.

Rats that tomorrow is Monday.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

The weather outside is frightful,
But my ACA solitaire is so delightful,
Let it snow, let it snow, let snow.

How's that for PS holiday cheer? :bigsmile:

Today I mailed my Christmas cards and made microwave PB / Chocolate fudge tonight. I'll cut it up about 9:30. I'll be careful with the knife; I swear!

I could have got so much more done if I hadn't gone to work. Pesky bills!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. :wavey:

Marcy / Curby

podfoot

Rough_Rock
marcy|1418696655|3801886 said:
Happy Monday!

The weather outside is frightful,
But my ACA solitaire is so delightful,
Let it snow, let it snow, let snow.

How's that for PS holiday cheer? :bigsmile:

Today I mailed my Christmas cards and made microwave PB / Chocolate fudge tonight. I'll cut it up about 9:30. I'll be careful with the knife; I swear!

I could have got so much more done if I hadn't gone to work. Pesky bills!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. :wavey:

Marcy / Curby

I tried for some PB/Chocolate fudge this year, but I must have burned something because there were tiny little hard spots in the fudge! At least I'm healthier now that I threw it out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Podfoot. :wavey: That is too bad the PB fudge didn't turn out for you but as you said it's healthier for you since you threw it out. I like this recipe because it just takes a few minutes to melt it all in the microwave. Last year I made the fudge on the stove where you boil butter, sugar, and condensed milk then dump in chocolate bars, chocolate chips and marshmallow creme and I dropped the foil bag of chocolate chips in the boiling sugar complete with the chocolate chips still inside. I grabbed it out of there and burned myself and then threw out the fudge because who knows how much of that foil bag and my burned fingers ended up in the boiling sugar. I felt the microwave recipe was safer for me this year. I plan on flossing and brushing my teeth before I cut up the fudge tonight.

Marcy

podfoot

Rough_Rock
marcy|1418700659|3801985 said:
Hi Podfoot. :wavey: That is too bad the PB fudge didn't turn out for you but as you said it's healthier for you since you threw it out. I like this recipe because it just takes a few minutes to melt it all in the microwave. Last year I made the fudge on the stove where you boil butter, sugar, and condensed milk then dump in chocolate bars, chocolate chips and marshmallow creme and I dropped the foil bag of chocolate chips in the boiling sugar complete with the chocolate chips still inside. I grabbed it out of there and burned myself and then threw out the fudge because who knows how much of that foil bag and my burned fingers ended up in the boiling sugar. I felt the microwave recipe was safer for me this year. I plan on flossing and brushing my teeth before I cut up the fudge tonight.

Marcy

Perhaps I'll try the microwave recipe!! The stovetop didn't work out too well for me...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Potfoot, in case you want my recipe:

Here's it is:

I4 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 package peanut butter chips
1/4 c butter
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips

In a microwave safe bowl add 1 c of the condensed milk, the PB chips and 2 T of butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Then I microwaved it about 45 more seconds, stirred until all melted and pour in a 8" pan (greased or non-stick foil).

Then pour the rest of the condensed milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter in another bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Then microwave it about 45 more seconds and stir until melted.

Pour on top of the PB

Chill about 2 hours before cutting

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that recipe sounds tasty. I don't cook though...is it easy or finicky? I tend to LOVE anything peanut butter! I hope there were no incidents when you cut the fudge. My finger that I stabbed earlier this year still feels funky in the tip when it touches something just right. Your poem is cute! You're so creative. I'm sooooooo looking forward to the next 2 weeks off. Even being sick and missing 2 days week before last, I have enough comp time to not use any vacation, and I'll still be carrying some comp time into 2015. I have a feeling I'll be doing some work from home because it will drive me crazy knowing I have stuff out there to do and I can't not do it. Are you taking time off? The lingering cough is driving me nuts. I don't feel bad at all, but people sure think it's funny to call me Typhoid Mary. GRRR.

I only worked 9 hours today with the intention to do more from home. Instead, after dinner Matt and I watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town, I took a nap, and then I talked to my mom for two hours on the phone. My appetite is coming back after more than two weeks of blah. I had oats for breakfast, 1/2 piece leftover lasagna for lunch, and a piece of ham, vegetables, and potatoes for dinner. I have an early meeting tomorrow so I'm off to bed. Have a great Tuesday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results