shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-that pumpkin is AWESOME! That thing is half as tall as you are! I had intended to go to the farmers market this weekend for pumpkins and mums but didn't make it. This weekend for sure. Sheerah sent a few pics of the bead set band and pics of an alternate choice. I didn't like the pics of the bead set band at all, but I did like the alternate choice. I'll post a pic of it later. It looks more like the one you posted. It's 3mm wide, so I'm wearing a 3mm wide band of aluminum foil right now. I might just wear it to work tomorrow too! (They'll think I really did hurt my noggin in that shortcut down the hill I took last week.)

I got lots of work done from my couch office today. I worked 6 hrs and still have some things to do after my dinner break. I also got some laundry done today. I'm feeling pretty darn productive. Food-Matt brough home lunch from a home cooking place-goulash, green beans, apples and cornbread, and for dinner I made ham, veggies, and au gratin potatoes. Matt made a pumpkin spice dream pie (his first attempt at making one ever) while he was home for lunch so I had a piece for dessert this evening. It was really tasty! I snacked on carrots and hummus. Oops-I just broke my aluminum foil ring in half. Off to make another. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! :wavey:

Deegee, I am sure Matt really freaked out seeing you at the bottom of the hill. I know you are really sore and hurt but you were very lucky. I am glad you don’t remember much of it. I remember considering that same ring from WF but I always find the bead set or pave set take away from the diamonds (especially the small ones like that). The metal reflects light too and the diamond just blends in with them. Does that make sense? The ring that Dee Jay posted is pretty too but I worry the diamonds will scratch my ering. I guess that is why I always end up with channel set bands. Of course this is all no longer pertinent since you are looking at something else. My 3mm band is my favorite but it doesn’t have WF diamonds. Too funny about wearing a 3mm foil band. I think any ring from WF would be pretty. Sounds like Matt set up a nice spot for you to work today.

Dee Jay, I enjoy being a manager less and less. I don’t know how to deal with criers either. My friend that just got married is married to a guy in HR. He won’t keep tissues in his office because when people start crying they look for a tissue and when he doesn’t have any they’ll leave sooner. I love that commercial about does a former drill sergeant make a good therapist. Our job is kind of weird; it is full of a million things to remember all with tiny little exceptions. Some people are great at it; some aren’t and it’s not something you can learn. You can get better at it but I can usually tell in the first few months if someone will ever be really good at the job. I told my boss today I was getting really burned out from babysitting and dealing with my “slackers”. Yes, I’ll be in Florence from the 22nd to 29th. Breakfast or lunch would be fun – as long as it’s somewhere that serves alcohol. Ha Ha. Your giant pumpkin is amazing! Your weekend at Lake Geneva sounds terrific.

My day was uneventful. Work, eat, home and now watching TV. Tonight I started another book and will probably knit a while tonight. I think I’ll go look at WF bands just for fun.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! :wavey:

Deegee, I am sure Matt really freaked out seeing you at the bottom of the hill. I know you are really sore and hurt but you were very lucky. I am glad you don’t remember much of it. I remember considering that same ring from WF but I always find the bead set or pave set take away from the diamonds (especially the small ones like that). The metal reflects light too and the diamond just blends in with them. Does that make sense? The ring that Dee Jay posted is pretty too but I worry the diamonds will scratch my ering. I guess that is why I always end up with channel set bands. Of course this is all no longer pertinent since you are looking at something else. My 3mm band is my favorite but it doesn’t have WF diamonds. Too funny about wearing a 3mm foil band. I think any ring from WF would be pretty. Sounds like Matt set up a nice spot for you to work today.

Dee Jay, I enjoy being a manager less and less. I don’t know how to deal with criers either. My friend that just got married is married to a guy in HR. He won’t keep tissues in his office because when people start crying they look for a tissue and when he doesn’t have any they’ll leave sooner. I love that commercial about does a former drill sergeant make a good therapist. Our job is kind of weird; it is full of a million things to remember all with tiny little exceptions. Some people are great at it; some aren’t and it’s not something you can learn. You can get better at it but I can usually tell in the first few months if someone will ever be really good at the job. I told my boss today I was getting really burned out from babysitting and dealing with my “slackers”. Yes, I’ll be in Florence from the 22nd to 29th. Breakfast or lunch would be fun – as long as it’s somewhere that serves alcohol. Ha Ha. Your giant pumpkin is amazing! Your weekend at Lake Geneva sounds terrific.

My day was uneventful. Work, eat, home and now watching TV. Tonight I started another book and will probably knit a while tonight. I think I’ll go look at WF bands just for fun.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, the CB and I will be at the Tapatio Hilton at 11111 North 7th Street in Phoenix. I just looked at the map and I really have no idea what the best place would be to meet... Maybe Chandler? I've never been there but I'm throwing it out as a potential mid-point... ? Or anyplace else is fine too. I also need a good idea of where to take the CB to "see some things." I was thinking Sedona but the last time I was there I remember driving for like two hours, getting out of the car, eating lunch, and driving back... We're really only got Tuesday day (but we're having dinner with my friends that night), we'll spend Thursday with them, and then Friday until we have to leave for the airport late afternoon, so not a ton of time. If it were up to me I'd go hang out at the Fashion Square mall in Scottsdale and be done with it -- ha! Anyway, let me know what you think!

ETA: Maybe Gilbert, Mesa, Apache Junction... ??? I sure hope you know this area better than I do, LOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, Marty said Chandler would be a good place to meet. I asked him for ideas of things to do but that was in a follow up email so I’ll see when he answers me. Sometimes he forgets to answer questions until later. He has spent a lot of time in the Phoenix / Gilbert area. What FUN! We’ll make more plans later.

Deegee, how are you feeling?

Work was amusing to me today. My boss told me to look up signs of a person with a toxic personality so I did and I had to completely agree all of those traits are very visible in that one employee of mine. Then I waited patiently for someone to discover she forgot to do something that had to be done yesterday. Of course she had the typical reaction of I didn’t do that nobody told me it wasn’t my fault. I love having the paperwork to prove that just isn’t what happened. Remember though I am mean and evil and yell at her all the time.

Marty is in Belgrade and they are celebrating liberation day this week. I guess Putin is coming for the parade. Marty says it is crazy there – there are tanks in the street, riot police everywhere and jets flying around. He said if the opportunity presented itself he would so try to get a selfie. He posted a picture on FB tonight showing two rows of tanks in the street. I hope they are friendly.

I had more leftover pizza for supper. I am glad my last 2 pieces are in the freezer because pizza for the 3rd time since Saturday was too much. I have assorted leftovers in the freezer for lunch so I’ll start working on them.

Have a great evening.

Marcy aka Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I will look into some options in Chandler! Here's a link to just one article that I just read and a couple of these sound marvelous! http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2014/04/best-restaurants-chandler-tumi-cork-santan.php * I'll do some more investigation and we can decide a bit later. How exciting!

*ETA: I just looked at each of these and I think the Barrelhouse and Santan might be the best options. Based on google street view Barrelhouse looks to bit in a funky little location (mostly residential?) and Santan is in a commercial kind of downtown area, so that seems to be the more "normal" option. Anyway, like I said, we can certainly decide later, and we're totally open to anyplace really so if you guys knows of something personally or have other ideas, we're in!

Today I had a closing in a northern suburb at 9 am. It was raining and traffic was just terrible so it took almost two hours between when I left the house, picked up the donuts, and got to title company. Everything went pretty smoothly and we were out of there in about an hour and a half, even with two small snafus at the end.

I went to Costco and spent $225 on... what?!? Seriously! I don't know what happens in that store! Anyway, then I stopped at Home Depot and spent another $187. Good thing I had a closing today--ha!

The CB and I met for lunch and since we had a big pile of Mexican food then we just nibbled on cheese and crackers and some of the rotisserie chicken I got today.

Tomorrow the contractor who is going to work on the kitchen is coming at 6:30 am. Ack. I would say, who cares, I'll just stay in bed, but I don't have any walls, LOL. Guess I will have to get up early after all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Let me start off by saying my diet is working... IN REVERSE. I'm UP two pounds. :nono:

The contractor came this morning (instead of yesterday morning) and looked at the kitchen and a bunch of other things that need to happen. He is a former marine and carries himself like one! He also has an eye for detail and totally "gets it." I expect a price from him on Monday... I hope it's not sky high...

Today I've got a zillion things that need to get done. Ready! Set! GO!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Day Of The Giant Pumpkin Carving Party kids!

Is anybody out there... ? Curby... ? Deegee... ? Have you abandoned me? I miss you!

There is much cleaning to be done, beer to be bought, and other miscellaneous stuff to occur before the "unveiling" (i.e., when I get everyone behind my SUV and pop the button so they can see the monster pumpkin)!

I'll keep everyone posted and put up some pics if I get any good ones!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I'm here! Will post more later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday Kids.

Dee Jay, I will ask Marty when he gets home about suggestions of things to do in Phoenix and if he has suggestions of where to meet for breakfast. The place that peaked my interested on your link was the wine place but of course we shouldn’t have wine for breakfast. Or should we? Your shopping excursions sound fun but with your commission check you have a good excuse for spending money. We always buy a lot when we go to Sams. We pick up things we would generally not even be looking to buy but we are just “sure” we need them. I like hearing the contractor to finish your kitchen is a no nonsense ex-marine. He sounds like he’ll get the job done and not take any guff from anyone. Did you have the pumpkin unveiling and carve up that beast? Pictures, please.

Deegee, how are you doing? Are you feeling better? A lady at work tumbled down the stairs on her deck and ended up with 5 stiches in her head and bruised her tailbone. She said she has bruises everywhere. She is flying somewhere Monday so bought a donut pillow because she knows that flight will not be comfortable.

Wednesday night I went to supper with a friend of mine. We each had 2 glasses of wine (1 counted as dessert). We sat and talked for hours. It was fun. Then I came home and watched “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown”.

Thursday night I had to get my program ready for the astronomy meeting and I was also working on November’s newsletter in the new version of Pages. So far I HATE it. How lame is a word processing program that can’t link or auto flow text to the next page? I stayed up late googling and reading the manual to see if I was missing something. Nope. It just doesn’t have that feature.

Last night we had our astronomy meeting. I dug out a lab I used when I was teaching so we did that for our program. It worked out well and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I’ve got about 20 more of them to dig out and use some other day.

We have our meetings at the local Botanic Gardens and I noticed the flowers were really pretty so I went back this morning to take pictures. Sadly my camera had a dead battery. So then I drove around the older portion of town and looked at the fall leaves. I took a few pictures with my phone. Once my battery is charged for my camera I think I’ll go back out and take some pictures of flowers.

Marty and I talked on Skype. He is back in the UK. He was telling me more about the parade he watched in Serbia. It was definitely a show of military strength. They had rockets, tanks, Humvees, drones, etc. The airshow was kind of strange. There are high buildings everywhere but the planes were just zipping in and out of everywhere. When they host the Thunderbirds here in the summer they make them fly at the edge of town over mostly empty fields. The lady from the Serbian office talked a soldier in to holding the Killer Rabbit for a picture. Marty said he was kind of grumpy about it but when he figured out how to open the mouth he laughed and that is when Marty got the picture. I guess Putin was down the street but the lady from the office didn’t tell them till later they could have walked down the street and got to see Putin. That is something you don’t do every day! They also had a soccer match going on there between Albania and Serbia who of course still have a lot of political tension and animosity towards each so there were riot police everywhere. The Albanians were staying at the same hotel Marty was at; someone flew an old Albania territory flag on a drone over the soccer match and a massive riot broke out. The Albania players never returned to the hotel. I looked it up online and watched some of the video. Marty needs to keep a journal on these crazy things he encounters on his trips.

I am going to stop by Simply Mac this afternoon to see what they’d give me on trade towards a new iPad. I think between my iPad Air and Marty’s broken 4th generation iPad I could get a new iPad for about $150. Why do I want a new iPad when mine is less than a year old? I can get a gold one and I am interested in the anti-reflective screen. If I trade now I will get more off the old iPads than I will in a year. Plus this is much more affordable than studs or sapphires.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer Rabbit shocked at the rockets going by.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1413664014.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trees in front of a museum.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1413664178.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I love the pics, especially the Killer Rabbit with the tank! I can't believe that woman didn't tell Marty about Putin -- I would have definitely walked down the street for that! I was thinking maybe could meet for brunch-ish. Eleven or 11:30 seems like a perfectly good time to me to start drinking for the day -- HA!

The pumpkin party was a smashing success! (No pun intended!) I've got tons of pics and I"ll sort through and post a couple of good ones (assuming there are any; the ones with flash were all washed out and the ones without are pretty dark so I'll have to look more closely). Yesterday I cleaned up (a little bit!) and took a client to see eight properties. Needless to say after I went to be early last night!

I'm waiting for the number to come in from the marine contractor. If you hear screaming coming from Chicago you'll know the figure was too high...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I *could* have stopped at half of the everything bagel slathered with butter... but it was so good I went back and had the other half too... :rolleyes:

And then AFTER I ate it I looked up the calories. I assure you, if I had looked at the cals BEFORE I would have only had the first half!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Evening Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, Marty and the rest of his team are a little fed up with that lady they were working with last week. She is always in a panic, wants things done yesterday yet keeps them on the phone for hours talking about it. She said she didn’t tell them about where Putin was earlier because you’d have to go early and get there before the parade. Since Marty has been working 12 to 15 hours a day on this project 6 to 7 days a week I think he can take a break. Brunch sounds like a great idea for our GTG. BTW you guys will probably kick me off this thread because all the stress of the last few years is clearly displayed on me from the neck down. I have a long way to go again. But it is what it is. I look forward to seeing you. I am anxious to see how your big pumpkin turned out.

I have been emailing Marty for days discussing should I or shouldn’t I get the new iPad Air 2. He told me today I should get it because then he doesn’t have to witness my internal debate for 2 months. So I emailed him back and asked him does that work with studs from Whiteflash? Then I sent him a link to a pair of diamonds. I haven’t heard back from him yet. Okay, yes he was probably asleep by the time I sent the email but I sure thought it was funny. I’ll send him links every day this week and see how far I get.

Food wasn’t bad today except of a big brownie. Each day I am getting less desirous of eating leftovers out of the freezer for lunch and supper.

Hi Deegee. Did you order your band from Whiteflash?

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the link I sent Marty: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-dia...etails.aspx?Diamond1=3213723&Diamond2=3171923

My current studs are .92 ctw so these would be very slightly smaller. My studs are non-certified and listed as "finest" from the store I bought them which they say means near colorless, si2 or better and picked for the most fire, scintillation and brilliance. They aren't bad but of course I am convinced WF ACA would be better.

I like this pair of studs: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/8-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-1548.htm if they are low profile. I was thinking of going platinum settings but naturally this isn't "standard" so again I'd be unable to return them if I don't like the setting. At least yellow gold is a standard option.

iPad Air 2 are much cheaper. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I can think of several legal scenarios where "silence is assent" so as far as I'm concerned by virtue of Marty not replying about the studs you can go and buy them! And he's already agreed to the new ipad so voila! You get BOTH!

I worked until almost 8 last night and then I went home and had potato chips and artichoke dip left over from last weekend's party for dinner. Oy. Anyway, here's a pic of me and the CB in front of the monster pumpkin!

pumpkin_dee_and_pat.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I love your logic. Assent by silence. I can see my studs sparkling now. The iPad Air 2 is a done deal – I’m getting one of those babies. My new phone cries out for a matching set. You pumpkin turned out great. I still can’t believe how big it is. Did you carve it with a saw instead of a knife? Of course I’d have cut off at least 8 fingers and probably my nose. Where are you going to put your giant pumpkin so everyone can see it?

No much going on here tonight. TV, reading and laundry. Oh my!

Have a great day tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, we have to use a sawzal (sp?) to cut the pumpkin becuase it is so thick. And I totally agree -- if I did it myself I would be in the ER so fast! Fortunately the person who does this every year is good with power tools, ha ha! And believe it or not we sacrificed the giant pumpkin to the dumpster at the end of the night... If we left it outside it would attract rats and get eaten by squirrels, and I didn't want to put it inside where it was warm, so it got cut into pieces and thrown out. Sad, but the only reasonable thing to really do with it...

Last night I went to Macy's and did a little "light shopping." I NEEDED a pair of black pants that fit my ever expanding a$$, so I got those, and I also picked up two skirts (one of which might go back) and a long sleeved t-shirt. I also want some new black boots with a little heel but I can't find any that zip up over my giant calves. For a little person I have disproportionately large calves!

I walked to work this morning! My fibit is giving me a message that I need a new battery through so I hope I can get it in there before it conks out and looses my data for the day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, that makes sense to throw the pumpkin away. It is sad to only enjoy it for such a brief time but what awesome memories. Good idea to have someone skilled with power tools to carve up the giant pumpkin. I’ve always have problems with my calves too. I used to love knee socks (mostly because I’m always cold) but they would always fall down – if they fit.

I met a friend for pizza after work today. We met at a sports bar and it was really loud so didn’t set and visit very long. It was nice to catch up with her though.

Tomorrow I am sneaking off work early so I can watch the partial solar eclipse. Something fun to do and a good reason to leave work early. Sweet.

Deegee, are you recovering from your fall? I hope you aren’t still sore but I bet your bruises are turning all sorts of nasty colors.

Speaking of pains, I’ve been getting some pains in my hips and lower back. I finally measured the depth of the cushions on our couch versus the love seat. The couch is deeper so I must be setting funny on it. I usually set on the loveseat. I moved to Marty’s spot because it’s in front of the TV rather than to the side. Tonight I put a pillow behind my back and I feel fine. I am too short for our couch - Too funny. I set on it now and then but not very long since Marty is usually sprawled out on it. Now that I’ve had the run of the house for 3 weeks though it became MINE!

Marty will be going back to Serbia on the 3rd, then on to Ethiopia; he should be gone about 2 weeks.

Take care!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one of my eclipse shots near maximum eclipse.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1414110000.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. 2 More Days Till Marty Comes Home!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I left work about 2:30 today. The solar eclipse started at 3:15 so I stopped and picked up milk and juice then came home and set up assorted scopes to watch the eclipse. I had clouds off and on but was able to watch the eclipse until about 5:15 then the Sun went behind a big cloud. Those are some serious sunspots you see too.

Work was busy today and I left early so that was okay. I ran over to Arby's after the eclipse and got a roast beef sandwich for supper. Now I'm watching football.

I hope you are having a great day.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday night kids!

Curby, that's an awesome picture of the eclipse! How did you get interested in astronomy? I have meant to ask you that for a long time but I always forget!

Yesterday and today I did some serious shopping! I've got two pairs of boots to order online since I tried them on in stores and know the right size and I've gotten a couple of things that I need to return now that the shopping high has subsided and reality has set in, but all in all it's been a very successful few days of retail therapy! I also got a bunch of x-mas gifts and--drumroll please!--my Nespresso coffee maker! I will write more about all that tomorrow but I'm so tired and caffeine out right now that I need to sleep, LOL...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all.

Marcy-great pictures you posted! I love the killer rabbit, and the tree is just gorgeous. That's a great picture of the eclipse. It was cloudy and dreary all day here, no sight of the sun. I'm glad Marty will be home in a few days. Im sure he and the killer rabbit have lots of stories to tell! I haven't ordered a band. I keep going back and forth between yours and the Magnolia band Sheerah recommended. I like the clean look of yours but I think it's probably too wide. I'm going to order one of them next week and if it doesn't work, I may have a custom band made so I can get the right width. Your poor coworker who fell! Traveling will be so uncomfortable for her.

Dee*Jay-I'm right there with you on the boots. The first time in my life since I was about 2 that I could wear tall boots was after I lost all of that weight. I went a little nuts and bought sooo many pairs, which are now quite snug. Funny I lost enough weight that I could wear them over skinny jeans, and now I can barely get them zipped with just my fat calf! The pumpkin looked awesome. Too bad it had to go so soon, but I bet you had a great time anyway.

I've been slightly off the last few weeks with my concussion. I had a few weird days where I would say the words I intended to say, but in the wrong order. I still have a spot on my head that feels funny, but my headache is finally more manageable. I kept having to ask people to repeat themselves because I kept losing my concentration while they were talking. English isn't the native language for most of the people I'm working with right now, which made it even harder. I didn't take off a week from work like I was supposed to, and I was supposed to rest and avoid stress and noise, and not think too much. I kind of didn't do any of what I was supposed to. Matt decided to kidnap me so I couldn't work, so we're in a cabin in the mountains in a very beautiful part of WV until Sunday. I have very limited cell phone and Internet access, and I'm happy to have it at all! Seriously, I'm right in the middle of nowhere! I have strict orders to relax and rest from my dr, coworkers, and my mommy. Lily is asleep at my feet, and I'm snuggled in a blanket in front of the fireplace. How relaxing is that? Have a great Friday!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Matt and I have been outside staring at the sky this evening. We're at an elevation of 4200ft, and the stars seem like they were right there. So cool! The elevation where we live is around 700-800ft, so this is a big difference! I bet you have awesome views where you are.

We visited Blackwater Falls and Blackwater Canyon today. The water is an amber color due to tannins in the water. You had to go down a whole lotta steps to get to the good overlook spots. We had quite a hike to get to the canyon overlook. My hip (the one I landed on when I fell) was screaming at me, but we had a fun day anyway. We ate a place called Hellbender Burrito, where I was served the fattest burrito I have ever seen. They also had homemade chips and salsa, and it was sooooo good. We've got more sight seeing to do tomorrow so I'm off to bed. Have a wonderful Saturday!

I tried to post a pic of the falls and canyon, but they won't go. I have very limited access and I guess pictures are just too big!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! We're back home. Yesterday we went to Seneca Rocks and Seneca Caverns. I love going on cave tours! We had to wear hard hats, which was probably a very good thing for me. We also took a few scenic drives, one through Dolly Sods, which was terrifying ... a pitted one-lane gravel/dirt road winding up the side of the mountain with no guard rail. I'm such a scardy! We saw an amazing sunset from there, but I sure had a death grip on the "oh shoot" handle in my SUV. Marcy-we were so close to Green Bank where that giant telescopes lives in the astronomy center, but it was late by the time we got back to the real road and I couldn't get a signal to check the hours of operation so we decided not to go. Next time for sure. We ate at Blackwater Brewing Co. Where I had 1/2 brat and sauerkraut, 1/2 bowl of soup, and tasty microbrewed Octoberfest beer. It was good to get away. Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, when I was in high school one of the newsmen on the Denver news used to point out cool things to see in the night sky so I started going out and looking for the things he talked about. I found I really liked it so ended up taking quite a few college courses on it. The astronomy club here started in 1986 and I ended up becoming a board member of the club then. I started teaching astronomy because every time the community college was looking for a new astronomy adjunct my name was always mentioned. They finally talked me in to it about a week before that semester started. I guess my mom’s father was very interested in astronomy so maybe I got it from him. Funny that I would pick that as a hobby since i don’t like being out in the dark, out in the country and I’m always cold. Good thing I love watching the stars and looking through telescopes. Yay for doing some retail therapy; I am sure you’ll enjoy your new boots. Marty has a Nespresso machine and loves it. I hope you’ll enjoy yours.

Deegee, you have a tough decision to make which band you will like. How wide is the band on your ering? I tried on thicker erings yesterday with my WF band and really liked them together. I also turned in my 3 pointers band to size up a little bit. My Etoile and WF bands are loose and I like them better that way. Strange, I know. Thanks for the comment about my pictures. I hate to hear the concussion has kind of messed with you but luckily Matt kidnapped you and took you away to a nice, remote spot for rest and relaxation. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. The stars do sound really nice there. The more you get away from city lights the more you can see. Our star party (we used to host a big one each summer) was at 9100 feet 50 miles from the nearest town. The stars were amazing. The canyon and falls sound really pretty. I’ll be anxious to see your picture. How exciting to be so close to Green Bank. I get pretty nervous on those one lane no guard rail mountainous roads.

I got a hair cut Friday night. I had her cut my top layer all the way around and it looks better. I part my hair on the side but when she cuts it she parts it down the middle. So when I got there I showed her I want this layer that only shows up on the right side on the left side as well. Progress!

Saturday I took off for Denver and met my sister at the jewelry store. I was still on the quest to upgrade my blue and peach sapphires. They had 2 sapphires I was considering. One was an oval about 6 x 8 mm with great royal blue color but it had a lot of dark extinction. The one I ended up getting is 1.56 carats and is 6.59 mm round. It honestly looked just like the .91 carat I had so now it will be a larger one. Then I looked at assorted peach sapphires and didn’t care for any of them so I got a round orange sapphire instead. Funny thing is it’s about the size of the blue sapphire I just traded up because it's too small. The ring for the orange sapphire is a mini version of Deegees (3 stone with pear sides) so hopefully I won’t think the orange sapphire is too small. I love that store’s trade-up policy.

My sister and I had lunch then I headed to the airport. I typed “PUTZ” on my phone and held it up when I saw Marty. I should have stood where people come in to the terminal so everyone would see me but I decided to be nice.

Marty and I then did some retail therapy as well. We bought another Tom Everhart piece; it is Snoopy as a Vulture. Then Marty bought a new watch. After that I decided I should buy my ACA studs. I am looking at diamond pairs today. My sister might buy my current studs from me; she can get .my 92 ctw for the same price as what she’d pay for .75 ctw at the store. If she decides to pass I think I’ll move the diamonds from my studs to my dangles and use the diamonds in my dangles towards some future gemstone purchase. I plan out my jewelry purchases like a chess player, always planning ahead. :lol:

Marty played golf today and I worked on lots of laundry. It actually felt like fall her today - a little chilly and windy.

Take care. Have a great Monday!

Curby aka Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few pictures of the new sapphires.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1414370641.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1414370671.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I'm glad you had such a great trip but that is kind of scary about the effects of the concussion lingering on like that! I great up in western Pennsylvania and caves were a bit thing in my childhood too! Have you ever been to Laurel Caverns? I used to BEG my mother to take us there! I think I've gotten claustrophobic in my old age though and now the idea of being in a cave, especially one with tight passageways, makes me a little nervous just to consider!

Curby, I love your new stones! And GREAT idea to sell your current stones to your sister so you can get the ACAs! Interesting about how you became an astronomy buff. Isn't it amazing the things we "fall into" in life? Where do you plan on hanging your new Snoopy picture? I still have all my art packed away in boxes, but once the kitchen is done I plan on getting it out and hanging it up! That seems to be my common refrain lately... "once the kitchen is done"... !

I'm kind of glad this weekend is over. On Friday I went to physical therapy and she decided to try traction on me. I had a RAGING--and I do mean RAGING--headache on Saturday. I seriously thought there was something WRONG with me. I took my client to see nine places though, and I did it with a smile and all the happy chatter that a realtor should, even with a vice on the top of my head. Well of course I googled it when I got home and apparently a headache after traction is very common. It would have been nice if she had at least warned me about it!!! I think frankly I'm over this whole PT thing. At this point I'm probably going to bag it and if the numbness keeps up I'll ultimately get either an x-ray or MRI to see what's really going on becuase just having the therapist try differnt stuff to see what works is NOT working.

Yesterday I felt somewhat better but not 100%. I had to take that same client (and his mother... and sister... and brother-in-law... ) to see four things for the second time. My guess is that he will end up buying nothing at this point becuase his family was no negative about everything we looked at. Unless I can pull something spectacular out of the MLS within the next few weeks I wouldn't be surprised if we were on hold until spring.

OK, project time! I've got something that I've been wanting to do a review on here at work and now that I've got a plan laid out I'm ready to get going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, I’m with you on being in a cave sounds like way too close of quarters for me. Have you heard back from the marine yet with a price on your kitchen? It’s not a bag thing to have a long list of things to do; that way we know we will always be busy. How awful you ended up with a horrible headache from being in traction. I can believe traction can take out its frustration on the rest of your body. If your client needs opinions from his mother, sister and brother-in-law to help pick out a house it make take him a long time to make a decision. Is your headache better today? We will probably hang the new Snoopy piece in the living room by the TV but of course then we’ll have to move what’s there now.

Deegee, I sent an email to WF this morning about studs. How exciting. Are you going to order your ring this week? I am that kind of PS friend, I will encourage you to spend you money on bling.

Work was just that today – work. I had several meetings but I know they weren’t as long as the meetings Deegee is in all day.

Marty got up and went to work at 2:30 this morning and worked until 8:30 tonight. He is beat. He came upstairs for supper and some friends stopped by while we were eating so he visited with them for about 20 minutes. That was probably his only break from work today. Poor guy. He ha a conference tomorrow morning at 2:30. He is debating whether he’ll attend or not.

Brittany sent me 3 pairs of diamonds. One comes in at about .89 ctw and while I like the one diamond (F .456) the other one seems small (E .423). My current studs are .92 ctw so I don’t want to go smaller in size. The other 2 pairs are a H VS2 or F / G si1. The G has twinning wisps so I worry it might looks hazy or cloudy in spots. I found a pair of F si1 tonight that I will ask her to check tomorrow. How exciting.

I can’t decide if I want to try the 8-prong mounting or not. I am looking at roughly 5mm sized diamonds. The 8-prong settings are low profile. I don’t want the 3-prong martini because I hear they are uncomfortable. I can ask for low profile 4-prong basket settings. Dee Jay, I saw in an old thread you were debating going with 8-prong on your earrings, did you end up doing that? Your diamonds are a lot larger than ½ carat each though.

I made steak, rice and veggies for supper. Seemed like that generated a lot of mess and dishes.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results