carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, woo hoo for being almost 90% finished with the floor. That is definitely progress! How exciting your couches will be here this week. You’ll almost be done. The kitchen still needs finished too, right? Good luck with your job interview. Hopefully you don’t end up with a full time job.

Marty made it to Serbia then went right to work. I hope he sleeps tonight since he was up over 24 hours by the time he got there. They are 8 hours ahead of us.

Speaking of being sleepy I think I’ll go get ready for bed. I kept waking up last night and checking Marty’s flight status.

Take care!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, Marty's hours are killer! Getting off a plane and going straight to the office is HARD. One time our entire floor was moving to a temporary floor for three months so they could remodel, and then we would move back. Because of the nature of our records they had to be secured and overseen at all times so we couldn't let the regular movers take care of things like they did for other areas. I few in from LA on the red eye (on which I got zero sleep because there were people yakking all around me), landed at O'Hare at 4:50 am, went straight to the office, and did't leave there until well into that night. I kept thinking, oh, I'm OK! I feel pretty good considering I've been up for 36 hours now! And then I went home and decided to lie down for "just a few minutes" and then I was going to get up and do some things around the house. Yah... twelve hours later... !!!

Last night I mopped the floor AGAIN in anticipation of the couches tomorrow. The problem is that stuff keeps getting tracked onto the dark area and that won't end until the floors are 100% done becuase the areas left to do are high traffice areas. I did put cardboard boxes down but it's not a total solution. Oh well, at least there is SOME progress being made!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

The sewer inspector made a surprise appearance at my complex yesterday and check up on the work. He called me and I came home from the office (thank god I'm only 10 mins away). What they have done is fix A problem, but not THE problem. The inspector coudn't believe how half-a$$ed this is all being handled and he got pretty mad. Right then the condo association president came in the front gate and the inspector Had A Talk with him. Well the lightbulb seems to have gone off! The CB showed up right after the inspector left (of course they just missed each other) and the president finally admitted he doesn't have the expertise to get this taken care of (and neither does the property manager) and he asked the CB to take charge and get it all done! The CB won't have his company actualy do the work because of the conflict of interest (he doesn't want anyone to think he inflated the project or even profited at all due to his association with me and the building) but he's going to write up a scope of work and send it out for bids next week. I am BEYOND thrilled!

It's been raining here all night but it's pretty steady so the system seems to be handling it better than when we get those crazy heavy dumps of water. I'm just hoping it holds and I don't end up going home to something terrible becuase we've got rain in the forecast all day yet...

And Montauk delivered my new sofas this morning! It was raining like crazy but they were well wrapped in plastic so they're fine. Funny thing though, apparently customs took all the feet off (looking for drugs... ? Who woudda thunk?!?) and didn't put them back on so we had a moment of panic thinking that maybe customs didn't put the feet even back in with the furniture, but they were just loose in the plastic and the delivery guys were able to put them back on.

Whew -- it's been quite a morning so far!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, yes Marty’s hours are killers. I worry about what it will do to his blood pressure. He drinks espresso to keep him awake and that can only make things worse. Your redeye to Chicago then moving files all day sounds like a very long 2 days for you. I’d sleep 12 hours too. Rats you have to keep mopping the sections of the floor that are finished. We got some of that self stick stuff to put on our floors when we moved in here. It worked pretty well. That is awesome CB is in charge of getting the plumbing problems fixed. I’d am thrilled for you. I hope this rainstorm doesn’t cause any problems now that getting the problem finally fixed is so close. We are expecting snow tomorrow night here. Can you believe it? How nice your sofas arrived. Too funny customs took off the feet. You never know what can be hiding in there. Stay dry!

Deegee, how are you feeling? How are you meetings going?

After 4 months of being really slow at work we are getting slammed. It’s rough to get going again. A real contributor to the daily work load has moved to another department and his replacement is getting trained by the guy who does a great deal of work so it’s rough in Marcy’s Workland right now. I get in lots of steps going back and forth to the printer.

Last night I met a friend for supper then we wandered around Micheals and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I did a batch of laundry when I got home and am working on one tonight.

I worked late today and made myself a small BLT and some oven fries for supper. I have one bowl of soup left but thought I’d save it for tomorrow when we get below freezing. Phooey.

Well I am off to unload the dishwasher and maybe I’ll start another book tonight. It’s nice to be reading books again.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I can't believe how cold it got all the sudden! We are at 55 degrees this morning, and the CB is up in Hurley, Wisconsin (about 10 miles south of Lake Superior), for a long weekend of muskey fishing and he said it's 44, but that's nothing compared to you expecting snow! And I know what you mean about suddenly getting slammed at work. We were pretty slow at the end of the summer, up until Labor Day, and then BOOM. Everyone realized it was time to get some work done!

I sat on my sofas last night and they are marrrrrrvelous! The scotch guard people are coming on Friday and then I will be able to really enjoy them!

Last night was an early one for me--I think I was asleep by 9 o'clock! After the previous two nights being awake with the rain I really needed it. And today I came in to the office, even though I am not normally here on Thursdays, because we are have a continuing education seminar and I need all the hours I can get to meet my CPA requirements. Plus, I'll be off an extra day week after next visiting my dad in Florida so I figured it wouldn't kill me to get up and make an extra appearance this week.

Today I made the transition from iced coffee to hot coffee. Fall is officially here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I know what you mean – the onset of cold and winter-like weather was very quick. I was very proud of myself, I figured out how to turn off our sprinklers and drip system this morning. The big “off” button was a dead giveaway. I hope the CB has fun fishing and stays out of the cold water. It is strange how work is either frantic or pretty non-existent. I prefer even and consistent but then I prefer to be thin and rich and that doesn’t happen either. That is awesome you enjoyed setting on your new sofas last night. Hurry up scotch guard treatment! I am glad you got a good night’s sleep. Good plan to show your face at work today.

I had my last bowl of homemade soup for lunch today. It tasted good on a chilly day. It rained most of the day. I turned on the furnace when I got home from work.

Marty may not be going to Hong Kong but will be back in both Ethiopia and Serbia in October. His company decides things at the last moment so I honestly never know where he’ll be going. So he tells me a story this afternoon that the 3 of them (guys) were in a taxi to go back to the hotel about 11 pm. They taxi driver wants to take them to some bar with prostitutes upstairs. They tell him no but he keeps pressing but still takes them to the hotel. Marty said they would probably have been kidnapped then taken to an ATM to pull out money before they’d be released. My response was “and you wonder why I worry about you going places?” He reassured me he’d never go out by himself. Wow, I feel better now. NOT! I know in a lot of these countries you never just get in a taxicab; you have to call them and they come and ask for you by name. Marty is a big guy, raised in a big city and was in the military but I still worry about such things.

I might crank on the fireplace. My teddy bears look cold!!!

Deegee, do you leave for the beach tomorrow? Have fun!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend?

We got up near 46 degrees here today. It was a heat wave! That wind is very chilly though. Our begonias aren’t coming back from the freeze but the petunias are hanging in there. We didn’t end up with much snow and the roads weren’t icy at all this morning. I did turn on my fireplace last night and enjoyed that heat and just watching the fire. I might crank it on again tonight.

I had a chat with Verizon again tonight. Every time Marty travels overseas they send us a bill to pay “NOW” for high usage charges then they start calling. They say it is because they want to confirm the phone is in our possession but why do they send us a bill that says pay now? I wasn’t really pleasant about it. I said every time my husband travels you call and send us a bill wanting immediate payment. I asked her what in our payment history makes them think we won’t pay our bill? She tried to reassure me it’s not about paying the bill. Funny thing was I’d already logged in and sent them their payment about an hour before they called me. Okay, vent over. Too bad all other providers don’t work very well in our neck of the woods.

I am very excited for Marty to come home tomorrow night. He doesn’t land at DIA until 11:30 so he won’t get home until about 1 to 1:30 in the morning. I’d best nap tomorrow so I can wait up until he gets home.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday night kids!

Curby, yah for Marty coming home tomorrow night! A fire sounds pretty good to me right now here in the land of 48 degrees and rainy. Seriously, WHAT is up with Verizon? That's so crazy that you have to talk to them ever time Marty leaves the country. What would happen if you didn't call? Do you think they would actually turn off his phone?

This morning I was wide awake at 4:30, feel back asleep, and didn't wake up again until after 8. I cleaned the bathrooms and also made an effort to clear off the dining room table, which hasn't seen the light of day for weeks (maybe months... ) before I went to lunch with one of my girlfriends from a past job. Part of the impetus to clear off the table was to find the paper copy of my CPA license that came in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea what I did with it. I have a suspicious that I put it in one of those magical "safe places" and I'll never see it again...

The fabric protection guy came this afternoon and I have to left the sofas dry for 24 hours but by this time tomorrow night I could be writing you from the land of gray velvet Montauk sofas!

The CB is fishing in northern Wisconsin this weekend, but none of the guys have caught anything so far except one undersized muskie and a small mouth bass.

Last night I was on the phone with my best traveling girlfriend and on a total whim, spur of the moment, we booked a trip to the Virgin Islands. We leave a week from Thursday. No idea how that happened--one minute we were talking about my floors and her new puppy and the next minute we were on the internet booking tickets... ???!??? Anyway, five days of drinking in the sun sounds like a damn fine idea to me! I went on Amazon this afternoon to look at the unlimited reading for $9.99/month deal but I think I'm going to skip it. There are way to many things that aren't on the list of stuff that qualifies so it seems kind of pointless to me. But now I need to get a list of stuff together to read while I'm in Florida next week and the VI the week after. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time finding stuff to read lately. I feel like so much of what's in print is pure drivel... Ok, off to browse the Kindle store!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy folks!

Dee*Jay- I bet your new sofas are absolutely gorgeous! Funny about the feet. Matt's chair will be coming from Norway so I wonder if customs will be removing the base. And that is awesome you and your girlfriend booked a trip! You will have a blast. I decided not to do the 9.99 amazon hi either. Our local library has a huge e-books selection, but I keep forgetting to sign up. I can't exactly remember where I put my library card. A bunch of my new coworkers who work for our vendor will be heading to Chicago next week for training. They'll get a taste of the big city and be bored to death when they come back here afterwards!

Marcy-snow? It's not time! We have had several straight days of rain, but today was a beautiful, sunny 70 degree day. It was wonderful. You mentioned your jewel jet-mine didn't survive the move last year and I was trying to decide whether or not to get another one. Do you see a big difference? Do you have an ultrasonic cleaner? One more question... do you have the Honey channel set band from WF or the larger 3.5mm wide channel band? I don't blame you for worrying about Marty. He sure travels to some crazy places! I can't believe the problems you have had with verizon. We have AT&T, and we get very good reception because there is a tower on the top of the same mountain as our house. Awesome.

This was the longest week of meetings...argh. We're double and triple booked for meetings, so you find yourself getting pulled from this meeting to go give input in that meeting and then on to another meeting. I'm having a hard time keeping up. I had planned to take today off but called in for an emergency meeting at 11 and ended up staying the rest of the day. Our internal team working environment had gotten really bad (I think I told you about that) and the three of us who work closely together gave an ultimatum out of desperation. Our director and deputy director called us in this morning to tell us the person had been removed from the project and we'd come back after vacation to a fresh start. I so hope things get better. We leave for the beach bright and early Sunday morning so we have lots to do tomorrow. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday morning kids!

Deegee, I don't think they would take the base off of Matt's chair coming in from Norway, my guess is that's more of a US land border thing (but who knows!). I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach -- you definitely deserve it!

Yesterday I did an inspection with a client in the morning and then went shopping. I hit up Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factory and TJ Maxx. I got TEN things for the shelves! And also a couple of things for my trip to the VI. I wasn't really in a clothes shopping mood but somehow I ended up with a dress, two pairs of pants (that are really pajama pants but I plan on wearing them out - ha!), and a "sweater" that's crocheted. I also got some waterproof Uggs for the winter. Not the traditional style but a structured leather with a small wedge heel. I am always on the lookout for something to replace my old waterproof boots (that aren't really that waterproof any more... ) so maybe these will do the trick. They were down to $109 at Nordstrom Rack so I figured why not.

Today I have NOTHING to do! Well, I need to do my nails and REmop the floor, but other than that I'm free (and in a bit of a panic about it, LOL!). Last night before I went to bed I mopped the area between the front door and the brick column because I was going to put out one of the good rugs with the big leather ottoman but this morning when I looked it has white lines right where the mop stopped on each row. This isn't the first time that's happened, I think I need one of those old fashioned string mops instead of the sponge mop. I also tried to steam the wrinkles out of my cow hide rugs last night so if those turned out OK I can put them under the coffee tables when the CB gets back from his trip later this afternoon. Progress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Football Sunday!

Dee Jay, has it warmed up there again? We are back in the 70’s today. The emails we get from Verizon always say, “to avoid possible interruption in service” so who knows what they’d do. Marty might look in to getting a cell phone from work that they just pay for but they use AT&T which doesn’t work great in Wyoming. Did you find your CPA license? I do that – I’ll put something somewhere safe so I won’t lose it and you guessed it – I have no idea where I put it. You’ll have a blast in the Virgin Islands. Warm, sunny skies and beautiful beaches plus tropical drinks. That’s living! Enjoy your sofas today. You made a haul on your shopping trip. Waterproof Ugg will be perfect when that nasty snow comes back and annoys us for months. Enjoy your day of leisure.

Deegee, sadly yes we did have snow. But it’s nice again. I do see a difference when I use my jewel jet on diamonds. It seems to really clean them and I do soak my rings everyday. I’ve had the inexpensive ultrasonic cleaners and they all started to leak in anywhere from months to over a year. Since I used the US on stuff every day I started having some issues with it loosening some of my channel set side stones so I quit using them. Marty told me not to use it so much and I sure hated to admit to him he was right. My band is the larger 3.5mm band with .55 ctw. It has 5 pointers in it and I think they are big enough to take away from my diamond. My old anniversary band has 3 pointers and I like it better with my ring but of course it isn’t made with ACA melee. Wink has a comfort channel set band with 3 pointers I might look in to buying at some point but seriously I already have 3 bands to wear with my ering. Do I need 4? That is awesome the problem person was removed from your project. What a relief. Have a wonderful time at the beach.

Marty got up about 1:45 am. I gave up about midnight and went to bed. I was ready and kept falling asleep.

We woke up about 7:30. I made waffles and bacon for breakfast. Marty is making chicken Alfredo for lunch. I will take some food allergy medicine and hopefully not have problems from a little bit of chicken. It just sounded so darn good.

We are watching football today so I doubt we'll be very productive. I've got laundry going and will do dishes but not much else.

Have a great day.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Kids!

I left a roast cooking in the crock pot for supper. We had mashed potatoes and veggies with it. I told Marty not to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow because I am going to try a shepard's pie out of the leftovers.

Work was more babysitting and nagging than anything. I even told my boss that when we had our one on one. I should figure out my hourly rate for babysitting. Maybe that will brighten my day.

Marty got up at 4:30 today. He must be on Serbia time still. He is downstairs working on his projects for Ethiopia and Brazil. Maybe he should figure up his hourly rate. I might fare better than he does on that. Poor guy.

I'm about to lose on this round of fantasy football. BOO!!!

Dee Jay, did it warm up there yet? It was pretty nice here today.

Deegee, enjoy the beach for me.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, we are still cool-ish (although a little warmer) but the other night when I went to turn the heat on for the first time it won't come on. And the CB tried the A/C too and that won't work either. WTF. This place is like falling down around me... At least the radiant floor in the master, which I turned on for the first time on Sunday, works AMAZINGLY!

Last night I went to bed super early... and then ended up on the phone with a friend of mine until almost 11... I feel pretty rested today though, which is good because I have to get my passport pic taken on the way to the expediting office and I don't want to be dragging around a photo with bags under my eyes for the next 10 years!

Yesterday I archived (i.e., sorted into the property folders) five years of real estate emails. I started with one thing and the next thing you know I was OBSESSED. (Me? Obsessed? :wavey: ) It took a ridiculously long time, but now it's done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, CRAP that your heat and AC don’t work. You know I traded my 2010 A6 for causing me less problems than that. The radiant floor does sound amazing. You definitely don’t want to look bad for your passport photo. Marty’s passport only has about 4 pages left in it. He has to send it in to get more pages or something like that. That does sound like a big chore to sort 5 years of real estate emails by property. I am sure you will find that a lot easier for you when you want to find something. It was in the 80’s here today. It was a really beautiful day.

Speaking of beautiful days – Deegee, I hope you are enjoying the beach for me.

I went to a funeral this morning. Marty met me there I think mostly because he was worried how I would handle another funeral. Some of it kind of hit home with me but I was okay; it certainly helped me that Marty went with me. He and I went to lunch and split a sandwich and had a cup of soup.

I made shepherds pie for supper tonight from the leftovers from last night’s roast beef dinner. It turned out good except the biscuits on top didn’t get done all the way to the middle. We ate around the edge then I baked the rest of it about 20 minutes more. Marty will have leftovers for lunch now.

Have a great day evening.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-crud for the AC AND heat not working. Did buying all that stuff help you feel better? I have at least 3pr waterproof UGGs, and they are all leather...none of the traditional ones. One pair I have is supposed to be waterproof but they are definitely not, and the other 2pr do a great job keeping my tootsies dry. They're nice and warm, too.

Marcy-If you think your band takes away from your ring, it is definitely too much for mine! The band I'm wearing now has 3 pointers, I think. They aren't ACA stones and the band is WG instead of platinum, but I'm trying to decide if I like the look enough to have the same thing made with ACA stones in platinum or if I want a plain band. Since I have problems deciding, I think I'll send Matt links to both the Tiffany knife edge band and also a diamond band from WF or BGD and tell him to surprise me. I'm sorry you're having to babysit so much at work. Not fun at all.That was sweet of Marty to go to the funeral with you. Your shepherds pie sounds tasty. I remember loving that when I was a kid.

Im thoroughly enjoying a vacation of doing nothing. Mom and I worked up enough energy to take a walk on the beach this evening, but that's about it. I'm on the deck enjoying a piña colada and listening to the ocean right now. Aaahhhhh.... Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the radiant floor in my bathroom keeps the whole room warm, especially if I close the door. Heavenly! My passport photo wasn’t SO bad (although it looks like I don’t have any mascara on and my eyelashes disappeared… ) and I can go back tomorrow to pick it up. This expedited passport service is the first efficient government experience I’ve ever had! I’m sorry you had yet another funeral, you poor thing... How do you make Shepphard’s Pie? I’ve heard of it but I don’t think I’ve ever had it.

Deegee, woo hoo for a great time at the beach! You totally deserve it! I really hope the UGGs I got ARE waterproof. That’s why I bought them. I mean, they aren’t UGLY, but they aren’t exactly the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen either, so if I was just buying non-waterproof boots I certainly would have made a different choice. I have some La Canadians that are on their last legs (I've been saying that for three years now... ) so these are supposed to be the replacement Have a pina colada for me and Curby!

Today I’m wearing a dress that I bought in the middle of summer off the clearance rack at a sporting goods store. It was only $30 and super cute and comfortable. I may have to go online and see if there are any different patterns I can order. Speaking of dresses, I got an Eileen Fisher tank dress at Nordstrom Rack last weekend for 75% off. I love it except the arm holes are kind of low, so if I wore it was a beach cover-up it would be fine but as a going-out-in-public dress. It would probably be a simple thing to sew under the arms a tiny bit so I am going to pin it first to make sure it would be OK and then try to stitch it up. Sewing: My only domestic talent!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Deegee, now I want some UGGS. My feet are cold in the winter. I think if I had a wider band on my ering I wouldn’t mind the 5 pointers as much but with the thinner ering my diamond covers about ½ of my 5 pointer band so the diamonds in the background do detract from the solitaire. Since your ring is a 3 stone ring now you may not notice that as much. The Tiffany Etoile band is wider than my ering and just adds a little sparkle with the solitaire but I think I like it the best. My 3 pointer ring is about the same width as my ering and while the solitaire does cover up some of the 3 pointer diamonds it’s not as distracting. I’ll post a picture to help clarify my babblings. I honestly don’t think any of your choices will look bad. Marty had shepherds pie as a kid; I honestly had never had one until he made one for us a few years ago. Your view, sounds and pina colada sound like absolute heaven. Enjoy!

Dee Jay, now I want radiant head everywhere. I know they asked us if we wanted it in the bathrooms but Marty voted no. I’d be in the bathrooms all the time if the floor was warm. That is great you can get your passport so fast. I doubt they offer that service in Wyoming. My shepherd’s pie was pretty easy. I added some sour cream and little more milk to leftover mashed potatoes then smashed it all on the bottom of a big casserole dish, then cut the leftover roast beef in to chunks of about an inch and spread them across the mashed potatoes, then heated up the leftover gravy in the microwave and poured it over the mashed potatoes and roast beef the mixed up bisquick mix with milk (you make it runnier than for biscuits) and pour it on top of everything. And since this was a Paula Dean recipe you pour some melted butter on top of the bisquick and bake it for about 45 minutes. It was pretty tasty. Sounds like you are having fun finding some cute dresses on sale.

Work was slow today but a friend of mine was passing through town so I met her for a 2 ½ hour lunch. Her husband was very quiet today but probably because she and I were talking a mile a minute. It was great to catch up with her. She and her husband went on a mission to Uganda for 2 years and got back a few months ago.

Marty and I went out for supper and Marty suggested I take off Friday so we can go look in to getting me a new phone. Oooh, twist my arm.

When I was leaving for work this morning Marty came in to the garage to put out the trash and the putz was walking around my car looking at my wheels. I asked him what he was looking it. He said “I wonder!” Like I’d hit a curb or something.

Take care.
Marcy

img_5562.jpg

img_5563.jpg

img_5564.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-thanks for posting the pics. All of the bands look great with your ering! I see what you mean about the width of the band. The band with 5 pointers would definitely be too wide for my ring. I absolutely hate picking things out because I think about it too much and end up stressing myself out and second guessing my choice. Argh! I'm all on board with a 2 1/2 hr lunch. I'm glad you and your friend got to do some catching up. I am certainly not cut out for mission work! I love my leather UGGs boots. They're lined with comfy warm wool, which is great for me since I freeze at work. I have a pair of UGG slippers that were too expensive for slippers, but I love them...they're so toasty warm.

Dee*Jay-ooohhh...radiant heat in the floor. I'm drooling! One of my friends has a weekend lake house in Maryland, and all of the bathroom floors have radiant heat. It is so freaking awesome! My bathroom tile gets so cold, I dread getting out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I try to hop from bath mat to bath mat to get to the "toilet closet" all the way across the bathroom. I should suggest the radiant heat thing to Matt. Do you have towel warmers too? That would be heaven!

I slept in late today, took a long walk on the beach with Matt and Lily, came back to the house and took a nap, went out for dinner, and then Matt and I sat on the deck watching the waves for about an hour. I'm taking this vacation thing seriously! Lily had a big day at the beach and is completely crashed right now. She didn't even hear me when I got a piece of carrot cake from the kitchen...she didn't hear me eating it either. I'm not used to sitting on the couch eating a piece of cake without a dog nose in my face! I'm already dreading going home and back to work. Must make myself not think about that yet. Have a great Thursday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I like the 3 pointers best with your ring, although the etoile is SO lovely! As for Marty voting “no” to the radiant floors --> :o You just bring your cold tootsies over to my house any time you want and we’ll stand in the bathroom and drink! Hell, if the HVAC guy doesn’t get my heat going this weekend (the poor CB is going to let him in on Saturday while I’m in Florida) I’ll be unrolling the yoga mat and SLEEPING In there!

Deegee, your vacation sounds AWESOME! I have a vision of you hop-scotching across the floor in the middle of the night – ha! Poor Lily, all worn out! The first time we took The Demon to doggie day care he was so so so tired that he fell asleep sitting up that night when we were trying to put his leash on to go outside. It was the funniest thing ever!

This morning the CB walked a couple of sewer contractors through the property so we can get bids. It will be interesting to see how all that unfolds…

I just got back from picking up my passport. What an AMAZING process! I went there at noon on Tuesday and had it in my hand at 1:00 today. If I knew who to write a “great service” letter to I would do it. “Dear President Obama, I just wanted to say the expedited passport division is doing a GREAT job…”!

Tonight I’m getting my hair cut and packing. Tomorrow I keep debating whether I should take an uber to the airport or just uber to the el and do public transit from there. Let’s be honest, it’s gonna be uber to the airport for Princess Dee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday for Me! I am taking off tomorrow to go iPhone 6 looking.

Deegee, I’ve been wearing my 5 pointers for a few days now and the diamonds are so pretty but I sure don’t like it in a set with my ering. I have always wanted my center stones to be the focal point rather than being just part of a cluster. I think cluster rings are very pretty but I prefer the center stone to stand out more. I am like that too I second-guess my choices all the time. Which is why I have a lot of jewelry I don’t wear and put up in my liquidation sales. I am not cut out for missionary work either. My friend was telling me about eating silver fish and fried ants and I made some comment that I wouldn’t do well in places like that and she patted my shoulder and said “honey you’d probably die there”. Now I really want some UGGS. I sleep in slipper socks so I don’t notice our cold tile floor if I get up at night. You are living the dream walking on the beach, having carrot cake, watching the ocean waves. Sweet.

Dee Jay, I agree the 3 pointers look the best with my ering. The diamonds in it are like my earrings – they aren’t bad enough to justify getting the same thing in super ideal cut diamonds. I would probably sell the 5 pointers some day but the Etoile is a keeper. I really like that ring. I still might try on another one and see if I’d like wearing 2 of them as a set. WF said they’d mount my diamond on one if I sent it in to them. Drinking and being toasty warm sounds pretty darned good to me. I am not a fan of being cold at all. CB is doing a great job getting some contractors in for bids on repairing the sewer. That is awesome you got your passport so quickly. When we got ours Marty paid for the rush service since he needed it for Hong Kong and he got his in the mail 2 days before I did. Have fun packing and getting ready for your trip. Did you get a new hairdo or just a trim shape it up cut? I hope you like it.

Work seemed to drag on forever today but probably because all things being equal I just didn’t want to be there. I did download my new IOS on my mini at work and got it set up.

We had window food for supper since most of the food in our house if in that frozen bricklike state. We are going out for lunch tomorrow while out phone shopping. Marty is working tonight so I hope he isn’t really busy tomorrow.

Take care. I’ll enjoy traveling the world through your adventures.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New iPhone Friday! :wavey:

I went to Verizon at 8 and there were easily 60 people in line. I chuckled and said "no way" and came home. Then I noticed Best Buy is open at 8 today and we have one of those Best Buy Mobile in our mall so I went there and I was "next". They had the 64 g gold iPhone 6 so I bought one. What a deal too. The upgrade phone price is $299. They gave me $225 as a trade for my old phone. I also bought their Geek Squad protection plan and paid for it upfront so that beats the $10 a month I pay Verizon for their phone insurance. Sweet!!!

So far I am quite pleased with the new phone. It is certainly bigger than my iPhone 5. Marty got to play with a few iPhone Plus but no one has them to buy anywhere. He will have to pay full price which is $949. I'd bet you a dollar he'll have one by Christmas though.

Since I got gold I didn't want to cover it up with a colored case so I got a see through case but quickly decided it was as slick as a greased pig and I am klutzy so we went to a place in the mall and found a clear case that isn't so slick.

I believe I have everything working on it except 2 of my email accounts can't send email. They can get it though. Weird!

Have a wonderful weekend! Safe travels to you Dee Jay and Deegee.

Curby new phone

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Healthy Living Threadp

Hi all. We're home. Bummer...back to work tomorrow. I'm so dreading it! Also back to eating better and exercising. I told Matt I'd be prancing around the beach in a bikini when we head back in April, so I'd better get cracking!

Dee*Jay-I found an old eternity band thread from 2006, and I saw your huge RB with pears and a gorgeous eternity ring. Do you still have the eternity ring?

Marcy-I found one of your former sets in that thread too...3 stone ring and channel band with 3 pointers. Is that the same band you still have? Yay for getting a new phone! I hope you love it. My sis actually upgraded and I'm so proud of her. She usually gives the upgrades to her kids and she carries around an ancient phone, but she took ithe upgrade this time. Good for her!

I'm going to bed. I rode in the back seat of my MDX for 10 hours today and I need to stretch out. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, so did you get the 6 or the 6+? We are getting all new 6s at work, but I really just don't feel the need to give up my 5 so I think I'm going to tell them to skip me. I'm kind of an anomly with our IT department; everyone wants the latest and greatest and my firm is amazing at providng that, but I personally just want to keep using what works!

Deegee, welcome back from vacation! I do still have the eternity band but I think I might get it sized up a bit so I can wear it on my right hand. Not sure if that's possible, it may have to be completely remade... Does Lily mind long rides in the car? There's no way my two would go for a 10 hour drive. Oscar isn't so bad, but Dino hates being in the car. You can tell just looking at his little doggy face that he's absolutely miserable.

My weekend in Florida with the fam was pretty typical. We ate at chain restaurants every night (Red Lobster? Really? Were' in FLORIDA for god's sake! They have FRESH seafood here!), I spent two days at the outlet mall, and my stepmother and I put togher a big jigsaw puzzle and drank a lot of wine!

OK, off to do a bunch of work since I'm only going to be in the office two days this week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Deegee, I am glad you had such a wonderful vacation. I am sure it was really rough to come home and go back to work. I think the channel set band you found with a 3 stone ring was my old band; it had 4 pointers in it. The band I have now was the same carat weight but had more diamonds and I got it when I got my .75 solitaire. That is great your sister got the new phone for herself. I sure like my new phone so far.

Dee Jay, now that is kind of sad to eat at Red Lobster when you know there are tons of far better seafood restaurants around in Florida. Drinking wine and putting together a puzzle sounds fun. At least you spent some time with the family. I got the iPhone 6. That is nice of your company to buy everyone new cell phones but the iPhone 5 is a great phone.

Marty went to trade show in Denver today and had a good time seeing some of his old work buddies here and there.

I finished another one of the Jack Reacher books last night. Those things are hard to put down. I tried to finish last night and gave up at 11:45 when I reached 93% of the book. I actually finished it during my lunch today.

Our shades are finally in but there is a delay with our shutters. It’s been well over 2 months now. They are offering to give us 10% back on our shutters. I think I’ll accept.

Have a great evening and a wonderful Wednesday!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I saw a couple of articles about the new phones bending, and then you posted it in the thread in Hangout. I actually do put my phone in my pocket on occassion, although I don't tend to sit with it in there, but it seems like one more thing that I just don't want to have to worry about in life... I also had to restore my contacts from the icloud at 5:30 this morning becuase they all magically disappeared yesterday. I'm not very in love with Apple right now...

Tonight I'm taking the CB out for an early birthday dinner since I'll be in the Virgin Islands for his 50th on Sunday. Oops... girlfriend fail! We're also trying to coordinate his closing (he's buying a two flat to put his daughter in and then rent out the other unit) and due to timing that might happen while I"m gone too so my real estate partner will have to go to the clsoing for me. It never fails--the instant I book a ticket somewhere a closing gets moved around to when I'm going to be gone.

I was awake WAY too early this morning (I swear I could hear water dripping... this property is going to be the death of me... ) and I've still got to finish laundry and pack once I get home from the restaurant tonight. It's going to be a long day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay, Apple is having a rough day. I heard a software update they released was pulled after only being posted for an hour. I am thinking of ordering myself a more sturdy case for my phone. I am glad you were able to restore your contacts this morning. It is pretty scary when things like that disappear. You’ll have to get the CB a nice B-Day present when you are in the Virgin Islands. Rats you’ll probably miss his closing day too. How was dinner tonight? We honestly had hamburger helper and asparagus so I guarantee your dinner was better than ours. Have a wonderful trip!!! :appl:

Deegee, are you surviving going back to work this week? :wavey:

I was very busy at work today so my day zipped by.

Marty got 2 speeding ticket notices from the UK. They caught him on a traffic cam. Both were from the same spot where there is a reduced speed sign hidden by a tree. He said he was going a few miles over the posted speed limit. He honestly drives with a very heavy foot but he said there are traffic cams everywhere; the roads are narrow so he was driving like an old woman. Right now this was just he had to acknowledge he was driving the car then I guess he gets the fines. He wrote a letter to send with it maybe they’ll take pity on a dumb foreigner. We’ll see how that turns out.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Is it bad that I wanted a drink by 10 am at work today? I really did want to :wall:

But I made it until 5 pm and we went out for a nice quiet dinner that included wine. Marty got one of his custom suit jackets today so he wore that to dinner. It sure turned out nice.

We finally have an appointment to get our shades installed next Thursday. They say they'll give us a check for 10% back on the shutters. I am about ready to ask for 10% back on everything. What awful service we've got from them.

Have a great evening and Friday!

Dee Jay - safe travels.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm sorry you needed a drink so early at work. I find myself in that situation quite often these days! Makes for a long day. Poor Marty with the fines. Hopefully if the tourist excuse doesn't work, the fines won't be too horrible. Do you have any idea how much? I hate to hear you've had such a time with your shutters and blinds. We need to order blinds for a few rooms but haven't gotten around to it (as usual). I need to read a Jack Reacher book. I'm in need of a good new series and I think my mom has recommended that one too. I don't live near any good jewelry stores to be able to try on different sizes of bands to decide what I like best with my ring. The AGS dude down the street from work does almost all custom work, so all he has are pictures. There are a few other nice stores but they don't have much in stock, and the stores in the mall have such poor quality, I hate going in them. Matt thinks I should order the plain Tiffany band to wear now and pick something else out later. I told him I was thinking of a honkin' eternity band for our 20th anniversary this year. Only I don't like flashy and I'm not so sure about eternity bands... :)

Dee*Jay-is this your weekend in the Virgin Islands? If so, I sure hope you didn't encounter any of the crazy flight problems I've been reading about. Lily does great in the car. She gets the whole 3rd row seat all to herself so she can look out the back window as well as the side windows and she rarely makes a peep. She gets to meet lots of people at the rest areas, and smell lots of interesting things on the dog walk sections of said rest areas. Plus she absolutely loves the beach. She knows that word and gets really excited when she hears it.

I have been in total vacation recovery mode today. I have done nothing worth mentioning. We hit the ground running Monday morning and had a heavy schedule with meetings and working late, and I am just plain tired today. I will get it in gear tomorrow so we can go grocery shopping and run a few other errands. Food this week has been great. Not necessarily healthy, just not much of it! Lunch has kind of become obsolete. If you don't have something you can eat during a meeting, you don't get lunch at all. By the time I get home between 7-8, I'm past hungry. I plan to start making time to walk Lily in the evenings again so I can get a little exercise in. Now that it is cooler outside, walking in the evenings is much more enjoyable. Have a wonderful Sunday.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This was posted by someone in 2006 so it's not my ring, but mine is made pretty much exactly the same as this person's. She paired it with a tiffany knife edge band. The knife edge on my ring is 1.9mm in the front, and the tiffany band is 2mm. Size wise it works, but of course I second guess everything. What do you think? I noticed a big scratch on the side of my ring, which probably happened because I have been wearing it with a shared prong band. That thing is prickly!

_22773.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, I've done a little more today than yesterday. We took Lily to the park for a walk, went for a drive, and..well..that's it! It's a beautiful day, 75 degrees with a nice breeze, leaves are starting to turn, mums and pumpkins are everywhere. Fall is my favorite time of the year, but winter sure pushes it out of the way too quickly. For "brunch" I munched on raw veggies and hummus, and we're getting ready to head out for groceries and dinner. I'm determine to get my eating back in control. Sheesh...I've been horrible lately.

marcy-I've given it a lot of thought since I posted that pic last night, and I have decided that I'm going to need you to send me your great selection of bands for me to try with my ring. I promise I'll send them all back! Actually, I decided I do want a band with sparkle. I have the channel bead set band from WF and I like the looks of it with my ring, but want slightly larger diamonds because those are teeny. I'm thinking a thin channel set band with slightly larger stones than my WF band...like this one:
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/channel-set-eternity-platinum-5402p.. What do you think of that one?

Have a wonderful Monday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results