carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I hope you can get the insurance to pay for mold prevention. That would help defray some of the cost. Rugs and pads aren’t cheap either. Good thing that you saved the more expensive ones. I still can’t believe that happened to your beautiful new place. The Condominium Property Act sounds like a real page-turner – NOT! Hopefully there is something that can help you there. I hope your dentist appointment went well.

Work was quite busy today. I didn’t get to my parents bank until noon so naturally there was a long waiting line. I looked through the safety deposit box while I waited and found a CD and stock receipt. I checked on both of those later but they were closed accounts. When I talked to the banker I said I want to know ALL accounts they have on file for my parents. This CD matures on the 28th so I can go cash it out for full the week before. I keep hoping there is some million-dollar surprise somewhere out there. Ha!

Marty made it to his connecting flight – he had 28 minutes between flights and had to run from one terminal to another but he made it. He’ll reach Serbia at 4:30 am our time tomorrow.

Deegee, have you heard from Denise at BG yet? Did your ring arrive there safely? I can’t wait to see your glam shots.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Dee Jay. Where is my like button?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I also read through the association's insurance policy last night and there is a clause about damage caused due to a common element, and the declarations and bylaws define a common element any any "system" that services more than one unit, so I am making the argument that the sewer system clearly falls into that category. We'll see. I can make all the agruments I want but it will ultimately come down to what they actually pay! I'm glad Marty made his flight! Going first class to Serbia has to be better than going coach, especially for a tall person! I rarely get upgraded anymore becuase I've pretty much lost my status on both United and American. :((

I went to Home Depot after work and got some interlocking rubber mats to put down on the floor or my closet to replce the rugs that I had to throw out. I was a bit of a chore (especially since OCD here had to make everything "perfect"!) but I think it turned out OK. There's one tiny sliver right by the door of the close that I can't get to go flush for some reason but I'll work on that tonight. Then tomorrow I can put all my clothes back in there. Ug. If you saw the state my house is in right now you would think a tornado, not a flood, had come through!

The CB is going fishing up in Wisconsin for four days so I'll be on my own. I've obviously got a lot of clean up still to do, one of my clients wants to go on an outing to the dreaded suburbs on Saturday, and I've got a friend's baby shower on Sunday so I will still be plenty busy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, the association’s insurance policy sounds like it’s worth a shot. You won’t know until you try, right? Marty is worried he’ll lose his status too since he hasn’t flown much this year but last year he was gone more than home the last few months of the year. He’ll be heading to Brazil again after World Cup is over. Did you get the rubber mats tweaked to perfection? I am sure your place is in disarray right now. You do have plenty to do while CB is gone. My list of things to do is long, varied and mostly ignored. :lol:

My housekeeper comes about 8:30 so I slept in a little and went to work late. I ran home at noon to pay her and lock up the house. The tractor is digging the hole for a foundation next door. I was sure checking him out this morning. He waved at me. Our street is crazy full with trucks, semis and tractors. We are no longer alone on our little street.

After work my friend and I had a fitting with her tailor for her wedding and my bridesmaid dress. I need my dress shortened, tucked in around the bodice and straps added. I am still not looking forward to being a bridesmaid but what can you do when a good friend asks?

I guess we are having a poker night here on Saturday. I bought a brownie mix for a bake sale at work and never got them baked so I’ll brew them up for poker night.

Last night I was typing on my computer and I kept seeing something moving around the room out of the corner of my eye. The miller moths are plentiful around here right now and I hate them. Really, really hate them so if they get in the house I kill them right away. So I am convinced there are a few millers in here and I keep missing them. I finally realized the sun coming through the top of my front door was hitting my diamond and causing these flashes that I thought was moths. :doh:

Wink sold his .40 E diamonds, WF doesn’t have any colorless ACA in the size I want, BGD has a few that look promising. I like the truth setting at BGD because it matches the head on my ring but that setting in platinum is $600. WF has a w prong setting for studs but I don’t like it as well. I do like their 8 prong setting though. WF’s settings are cheaper. Finding those .40 carat range F diamonds is tough.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. :wavey:

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

First I would like to say "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Marty's flight from Serbia to France was cancelled which screws up all his connecting flights. His company's travel agency doesn't seem to want to help or make arrangements for him. They suggested he go to the airport and have the airline sign off on his ticket and try to get him with another carrier. Helpful, huh? Like there is so many people around the airport at 3:30 am.

Work was okay today. I met a friend for lunch then stopped by a local appliance store. They didn't have much at all. After work I went to the mall to get a small hamburger for supper then wandered around. I checked 3 jewelry stores and found a wider band ering and tried it on with my WF band just to see if I liked it or not. It had a Leo diamond and the guy waiting on me was sure talking it up that is the MOST beautiful diamond ever. I didn't say anything. :bigsmile:

I have just been watching TV tonight. I'm all nervous waiting to hear what happens with Marty's flights.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I hope you had a great weekend!

Marty got home about 1 am Saturday morning and slept in until about 10:30. He was basically a zombie yesterday. A friend came over and we played cribbage and Texas Hold 'Em until about 11. It was kind of fun.

Today I slept in a little bit then bought a few groceries and did laundry. We had a tornado touch down near town so I spent about 30 minutes in our Harry Potter closet downstairs. It's a carpeted room under the stairwell and has a door. The golf course ended up with several inches of hail. Yay for afternoon thunderstorms.

I am making homemade crock pot mac and cheese. It smells good. Marty is cooking us some dead cow on the grill to go with it.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, NO yay for thunderstorms -- in the afternoon or at any other time! :-o Whenever it rains now I pace back and forth from one bathroom to another, circling over to the mechanical room on the route, to see what might be gurgling up from my drains! On Saturday morning I had to meet a client in the suburbs at 9. We had a lot of rain that morning and the check valves seem to be working (although I have built damns out of sheets and towels and also keep heavy things over the drains now... but I was standing in the master bathroom listening to the gurgling in the drains of the vanity sinks and all the sudden water shot out of the toilet. I was like W!T!F! I called the CB (who is up fishing in northern Wisconsin) and he told me to jam rags down in the toilets. That won't stop any real water that's coming up with force but the shooting stuff is just small surges due to air being pushed around so the rags just keep it from shooting out. I had to leave about 8 to get to the first showing in time, and honestly I figured what more can happen at this point, the floors are already so fvcked up, but seriously, this has to get FIXED.

The insurance adjuster, who was just lovely and a lot of fun, came on Friday afternoon. I have $5,000 coverage and it's going to cost me $11,120 to fix the floors (and that's the less expensive option). That also doesn't include the cost of the rugs, rug pads, etc., that's just for the floors. My insurance doesn't seem inclined to got after the association's insurance for the difference because it would cost them more than it's worth. Great. I am calling today to get more coverage because $5,000 isn't going to cut it if this ever happens again.

Yesterday I went to a suburban mall, which I enjoy about as much as dropping a frozen chicken on my toes. I had to return some things I bought at Land's End on-line. My plan was to be there when they opened, get in, get out, and get HOME. Yah... five hours later... I used to engage in a lot of "recreational shopping" but now I just HATE it. Unless it's for jewelry or cars, of course!

We have a new class of associates starting today (seven bright freash new faces!) so I better go get the training materials ready.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, holy exploding toilets! What a mess for you. Are other tenants in the building having these same issues? If they are then collectively you all would have a good case to have the association fix the underlying problem. That stinks about your insurance but that is a good idea to get your coverage increased. What an awful hassle for your beautiful new home. I had to laugh at you comparing the joys of recreational shopping to dropping a frozen chicken on your foot. That’s about how much I enjoy grocery shopping these days. I do like jewelry and car shopping though. Have fun training the new associates.

Our street is really starting to fill in. They have framed out the house across the street that by the way is blocking my view of the sunset. Jerks! And they have dug the holes for houses on the 3 lots next to us. My street will be full of construction workers and vehicles. Boo.

The next 4 days are some of our slowest at work so the boss was going to book a large conference room and have all of us watch some silly movie. Sadly he didn’t get it booked in time. I offered up our man cave but he won’t say yes to that. We can easily get the entire department down there. Since that didn’t pan out I am taking my team to lunch tomorrow and Marty will meet us. He doesn’t know them very well but he likes to do something besides stare at 4 walls all day.

My sister is trying to get titles and plates on snow machines and a trailer that my dad left her – what fun that is turning out to be. The trailer didn’t have a title in Wyoming and the registration has one number / letter wrong on the VIN number so her state wants a letter on letterhead that confirms there isn’t a title on it. I also have to sign a bill of sale about the wrong VIN number saying it is incorrect. I’ll bet you a dollar they tell me I have to get it titled. Aak!

One of my best employees will be transferring to another department soon. Rats. He’ll be leaving right when we get busy again. Training begins a new.

Hi Deegee!

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

Dee*Jay-I would be a complete mess any time it rained if I were in your shoes. Wow, what a mess! Why did this problem rear it's ugly head after you pretty much got everything finished? Ugh! I can't even imagine what I'd do upon seeing exploding toilets. There is no such thing as recreational shopping. Shopping is just bad...cars and jewelry included! I like doing research on those things, especially test driving cars. But when it comes down to working with the salesman I find myself thinking my old car isn't so bad after all.

Marcy-I'm so glad to hear Marty made it home. Poor guy! I'm like Dee*Jay, my eyes read Serbia but my brain translated it to Siberia. I was wondering what kind of work would take him to Siberia! Too bad about all the issues you're still trying to deal with. Nothing is ever easy. Have you bought new earrings? I made a point of wearing mine a few times after I decided not to use them for side stones, but now they're back in jewelry cleaner to be forgotten. I put them in there with their jackets and my ACA halo bezel pendant with the intention of actually wearing them, but so far they haven't made it out of the cleaner. (My jewelry cleaner is currently just Dawn & water.) sorry to hear you're losing one of your best people. It's so hard to find really good employees!

My ring finally made it to BGD on Friday. I was starting to worry! Registered mail takes forever and a day. The last 2 weeks at work have been solid all-day meetings with me staying until 8 every night to prepare for the 9-5 meeting the next day. Totally not digging this project so far. My niece came to visit on Thursday and she went to work with Uncle Matt on Friday (because I was stuck in a meeting all day), and when I got home we went to a baseball game with fireworks and out to eat. Saturday we went to the Outback for Matt's birthday dinner and to see Maleficent and then out for dessert. We did each other's nails when we got home and then yesterday we went to my mom and dad's for an afternoon of swimming. We also played lots of Xbox kinect sports while she was here, and I can tell you that Aunt Dee is exhausted! It was a fun weekend though. I stayed home from work today to get a little rest before meetings start back up tomorrow. Boo. Have a great Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I increased my coverage for water back-up from $5,000 to $50,000 yesterday. The lady was like, oh, this is going to be VERY expensive! It's an extra ELEVEN DOLLARS A MONTH. I'm OK with that. HA! It must be quite a shock to have neighbors popping up around you right and left. As for those guys who framed out the house that's now blocking your sunset, let me have a word with them. There's no reason it can't be moved so you get your sunset back.

Deegee, your work more hours in a week than I work in a month -- I'm starting to feel guilty! I bet you are exhausted, you've had a very busy time with the family! When do you think your ring will come back? Are you already planning your *next* upgrade/reset? :cheeky: I occassionally think about resetting my eternity band because it's a 4-1/2 but I would like it to be a little bigger so I can wear it on my right hand. It will never happen...

Last night I went to Home Depot and got these water alarm things that give off a crazy shreaking sound if they come in contact with water. I went a little over board and now there are twelve of them scattered around my condo (bathrooms, by doors, etc.). At the first sign of water these things will be going off like crazy. Of course that only works if I'm actually home, but there's only so much I can do. They should be lound enough to alert my neighbors though and one of them has a key and the other one has my phone number so hopefully they'll call me. I also just called and got flood insurance. There is virtually no chance ever of me having a flood based on the way the definition reads but for $385/year I'm not taking any chances. I'm Travelers best customer...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bad things I have done already today:

- Put 2% instead of skim on my cereal becuse the skim wasn't open and I didn't want to wrestle with that little ring thinger around the top

- Had a big sausage link left over from the employee breakfast

- Had some bacon from the same breakfast

- That first sausage was SO good... well... you know what happened next...

- Tasted one of the mini danishes. Not worth the calories. Threw it out. But then tasted another one. It WAS worth the calories.

It's only 10:30 in the morning...

And I wonder why my pants don't fit...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-your bad things sound way more fun than my good things. You'll have to be sure to budget for that whopping $11 extra a month for the extra insurance coverage. I'm sure you'll have to cut something out to cover it! I didn't know they even made water alarm thingies. At least you don't have to stand guard for water while you're home. I can just picture you running through your whole unit checking toilets and water levels! Lesley told me it would be about 3 weeks from their receipt of my ring for my new ring to be complete and I don't think they've started it yet. Denise mentioned ordering the pear side stones and I haven't heard anything else. I haven't checked on it though. And no way am I thinking of another upgrade! Don't stress me out like that! I still haven't made my mind up about a car...

Marcy-that does stink that your street is about to get busy with construction and neighbors. You've been there over a year all by yourself...that's a bummer! I don't think it's possible for more houses to be built on my street, but you never know. There is not much available flat land around here, so you're usually scratching your head when you see a tiny piece of land with a "lot for sale" sign. Houses are built right into the hillside where the foundation is actually well below street level (walkout basement), and the rest if the house is stacked on top. I'm happy to have my house sitting on real earth!

I did a happy dance when I got to work this morning and discovered I had no meetings today. Awesome! I got lots done, but have another all day meeting scheduled for tomorrow. I had a peanut butter and banana on light bread sandwich for breakfast, healthy choice soup for lunch, and pork roast from the crockpot and broccoli for dinner. I'm way under on calories for the day but I'm not hungry, so I'm going to leave it at that. Or maybe I'll have a glass of Merlot before bed. My weight watchers exercise video came in but I haven't been able to take it for a spin. I'm nursing a pulled calf muscle and am hobbling around enough as it is. Why am I always hurting myself? (I truly think this is from sitting in all day meetings for days on end and then trying to get a little movement in walking the stairs too quickly during a break.) have a great Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday. :wavey:

Dee Jay, your posts always make me laugh. I am right there with you on bad things I have done already today. Boredom led to finishing off a 1/2 cup of those little bite size chips ahoy - they aren't even that good but it was all I could find. Sigh. $11 extra a month for that much coverage - sounds like a deal to me. It is quite a shock to see so many people on my street. I've grown accustomed to my personal space. I will go tell the guys framing the house across the street that Dee Jay said to move it to the left so I can see the distance better. I love eternity bands but I think I'd be too rough on them. Sounds like you are "armed" with sensors to detect water. Now you need an app that can alert your phone. Glad you are Traveler's Best Customer.

Deegee, sorry you've been working so much. You knew this project would be that bad too. I hope you get enough time to rest. That is where I am on shopping for new appliances and earrings - the ones I have just aren't that bad. Plus I am saving money for other upgrades. I bet you are relieved your ring finally arrived. It took my ring forever to reach WF through registered mail as well. I am glad you had a great time with your niece and family this weekend. Happy Birthday to Matt! Marty is apparently heading to Greece then Serbia again. Glad it's not Siberia. Seems like it to me though. I made a silly map of where in the world is Marty? I can start putting little red dots on it to see where he's been.

I took my team out to lunch today and Marty met us. I had 1/2 of a hamburger but I swear that thing was a pound - I am still full. I picked up window tacos for supper but couldn't eat much of mine.

They are predicting bad thunderstorms for today and tomorrow so I may have to take the trucklet to work in the morning. I have a lunch appointment and need to get some papers notarized so I need a vehicle. A guy in the office next to mine is asking his wife who works at the clerks office to get a letter saying that trailer is untitled. Woo hoo! That saved me hours of standing in line and probably being told - sorry we can't do that.

Off to watch the lightning.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, three weeks isn't bad, but I'm sure the time time drag! Let me know if you like the WW video. I should get back on the wagon about the videos I found on line a little while ago. I've been spending all my time cleaning up and trying to dry my floors -- silly me! Yay for no meetings! I have two things set up this afternoon that will seriously cut into my productivity. I'm trying to wrap something up for my annual compliance review and it's a very time consuming task...

Curby, I actually looked into the sensors that call or email you but the level of complexity there was too much for me! I figure (a) I've got backflow preventors installed now, (b) these alarms should be loud enough that one of my neighbors will hear it and call me, and (c) I upped my coverage to $50k for this type of tying so what's a third round of all new hardwood floors on the insurance company's dime, right?

Last night I had a piece of left over pizza, two snack sized bags of chips, 12 gummy bears and three glasses of prosecco for dinner. I covered all the food groups!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay, let’s hope you never get to round three on your floors. I’ve thought of changing our alarm system to some of those wifi remote activated sensors but I would probably have more trouble with them than most people and drive Marty crazy with them. If someone can break a piece of electronics just by touching it – well that would be me. I am glad you covered all the food groups last night.

We had lots or rain and thunderstorms all night. Marty slept through it all.

Looks like the rain is moving out finally. I can kind of see a rainbow out there so there’s hope it’s going to dry up.

I made another trip to the bank today to get some papers notarized for transferring a trailer from my dad to my sister. I sure hope I have everything I need now. The bank told me they would cash a saving bond I found in my dad’s name and put it in his account. Woo hoo! The form online to fill out on one of those was 9 pages long.

Marty make flank steak and veggies on the grill for supper. It was delicious. I have a small glass of wine with it.

The dryer is calling my name – hey Curby, we’re done.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy very late Thursday Evening.

One more day of work then it's the weekend. :appl:

Work was very busy today. I did spend several hours this afternoon messing with connecting to my desktop through my mini iPad. How exciting. If I can get that to work from home I will be very excited. I said I could even work in my car and one of my employees say my emails would have to come back saying I was "AudiOffice". :lol:

Marty was at the golf course when I got off work so we had appetizers and a drink for supper. Then we went to the golf club and visited with friends for a while. I did get a second glass of wine but I just nursed it along mostly drinking water.

Laters,
Curby

P.S. My plates are due for renewal in September. I must come up with a 4 letter idea soon so I can get them ordered. I sure wish I could get 5 letters because CURBY would be perfect. Any ideas?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend kids!

Not much going on here this weekend. I'm doing domestic things and Marty is off playing golf. I thought we were going to go on a road trip today because the lady he buys watches from called and told him they had some Bell and Ross watches on sale for 40% off. I had visions of visiting Tiffany's but he just called to talk to her about the one he was interested in. Now that he drives to Denver all the time to go to DIA he isn't that interested in going down for the day anymore. Rats I had visions of new bling dancing in my head. Of course I need new bling like I need to eat a 5 pound pan of fudge but looking at Tiffany's sounded fun to me.

I saw they had vanilla cake mixes and I love really vanilla tasting cake so I bought one to make. It was not what I expected. I will take tons of it to my sister tomorrow. Her kids and grandkids will enjoy it and save me from those calories.

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! 2 of my nieces (12 & 15) spent the weekend with us and we just got home from taking them back to KY. Matt's birthday was last weekend, but we had his family birthday dinner and cake today. After kids all weekend and then a day at my parents in the pool and playing corn hole, a big turkey dinner and bday cake, I'm officially worn out! I think I have a meeting at 9 in the morning, so I've got to get to bed. We were up super late last night (as in 5am) plaything cards with the kids after we got home from the baseball game, fireworks, and late night restaurant run for dessert. Did I mention I'm worn out?

Marcy-I'm terrible with coming up with clever ideas. You're going to need input from Dee*Jay on the license plate!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just typed out a monster post about the whole weekend and my browser "closed unexpectedly" - ARGH.

Anyway, Curby, four letters is really limiting. Can you have spaces? What about CUR B? Separating the last letter like that makes your brain go to a hard B so that might work. Have you checked to see if D CUP is available? :cheeky:

Deegee, the only time I'm up at 5 am is when I have to pee! And the concept of being STILL up at 5 makes me feel almost as old as on Saturday night when we went to steet festival to see an 80s band.

Thursday I went to an inspection at a two-flat that the CB has under contract, Friday I did not much of anything, Saturday I took a client to see a bunch of houses and then we did the street fest, and yesterday I went to a party in my old complex and then the CB grileld us dinner. My weekends (even though they are four days long) absolutely fly by!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, I did not check if D CUP was available. Sadly they won’t let us use spaces – just 4 letters and or numbers. Crap for losing your big post full of Dee Jay’s adventures for the weekend. Your shortened version sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. I saw your threads in hangout about your floor. That is a tough decision to decide what to replace your floor with and I sure hate to think you may have to move out while it’s being done. Ugh. What brand of appliances did you get for your kitchen? We have been looking for at least a new frig and dishwasher. A place in Colorado has Jenn Air, Viking and Subzero so we thought we’d go look there.

Deegee, your weekend with the nieces sounds equally as fun and busy as Dee Jay’s. I am impressed you stayed up until 5 a.m. playing cards. I’d be tired too. Those days for me are long gone. We have some friends quite a bit younger than we are and they like to party until 2 or 3 in the morning and Marty and I are dozing off by then. I finally started just kicking them out of here about 11. I wrap up the evening politely but once I start picking up and putting dishes in the dishwasher they get the idea. Have you hear anything on your ring?

So my day was full of meetings. One of them was one of those one on ones you dread. I have a girl who has been with me for 3 years and she’s not doing a bad job but not doing a great job either and her attention to detail is not where it should be. She always perceives our meetings as me yelling at her but she took it better than I thought she would. I clearly told her she was the only one who could fix it. I’ve also asked the more senior people on the team to ask her to fix her mistakes when they find them. She seems to realize some employees who have been on the job less than her have surpassed her so I am hoping peer pressure gets her motivated in the right direction. She is a fun person to work with but needs to step up a bit more. I am losing one of my best employees to another department September 1st so I am not looking forward to interviewing and bringing in a new person right when our busy time starts again.

I finally finished the book I started in January. I am ready to read books again.

We get out French doors for the patios tomorrow. Yippee. I am taking the day off since Marty is going to a concert in Denver and has to leave early. We are having budget blinds come by to give us an estimate on shades for the bathroom, living room and shutters for the den. I have a feeling the shutters will be way more than I want to spend.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the stove is NXR, which is more of a restaurant brand than a residential brand. The hood is Broan, Fridge is Frigidaire (but again restaurant type, 60” wide, 30 for the freezer and 30 for the fridge), Bosche dishwasher, and I can’t remember the wine fridge right now. Oh, and the sink is a Kohler 36” single bowl deep rectangular model with a ledge inset for a cutting board and some other stuff. All quite fancy for someone who doesn’t even boil water! As for window treatments, yes, they cost a FORTUNE! The price of certain things always surprises me and window treatments is one of those things.

Last night I finished the last of the trilogy I was reading. I slept on the couch but I didn’t sleep very well (which is strange because normally I’m out like a light on the couch). One of my neighbors brought me over a Cuisinart grille (the kind of thing you make panninis (sp?) on), which I thought was so super sweet. I think this comes from the CB and I grilling out in my parking spot with a $10 charcoal grill that I got at Walmart when we were in Michigan a few weeks ago. You know you’re in bad shape when the neighbors even feel sorry for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday Kids!!!

Holy Crazy Day, Batman!

Dee Jay, thank you for the appliance run down. You will have a fabulous kitchen! I know that Kohler sink – we had one at our old house. I miss it! Our appliances are Frigidaire Gallery and other than the stove I am not a fan. That being said what I spent on window treatments today means I’m not shopping for appliances any time soon. D’oh! That is too funny your neighbor brought you a grille. What else can you do in the parking lot to get some other new stuff? :lol:

My day began at 5. Marty woke up and was making noise (louder than a gnat so naturally I woke up). I tried to go back to sleep but no dice. I had today off because we were getting our doors installed. The installers show up and Marty has just started a conference call for work. The installers are looking at our current door and start telling me our door is taller, wider and thicker than what they got from Lowes. He starts telling me we will have to fix this, and this and this and I said don’t even unpack the trailer you need to talk to my husband. So I text Marty and tell him he needs to get upstairs. He tells them he won’t accept them. The guy showed him the dimensions they submitted to Lowes after they came to measure our doors and that is not what got ordered. They were basically 2” short both tall wise and width wise. Even after the "patch" job they said they could do they would looks really crappy.

After that fiasco I headed to the bank to cash in the surprise CD that I found out about a few weeks ago. The bank was insanely busy for 10 am and there were only two bankers working with the other than deposit customers. Cashing in the CD went quickly, getting 3 cashiers checks printed out went smoothly but then I wanted to deposit a savings bond in my dad’s name and close the safety deposit box. That is when the fun began. He didn't know how to cash the bond so had to get help. Then the guy couldn’t find my name on the safety deposit box online. I told him I’ve been signing in and using it for probably 10 or more years. So he finds my name on the card in the vault but not online. 5 phone calls later that got that fixed. I was there for probably 2 hours. I finally left the bank with checks, the remaining contents of the safety deposit box and a firm belief once I close my parents checking account next year this bank won't be seeing me again.

I met Marty for lunch and we got back to the house in time to great both FedEx and the guy from Budget Blinds. Marty got his new Bell and Ross watch delivered. He was pleased. Then we started window treatment shopping. We picked out woven wood shade with blackout lining to put under the drapes in the living room, striped (red, browns and gold) roman shades for the master bath (2 windows), white plantation shutters for the den, and cellular shades for our front door. Our door has a side light which right now we have a curtain there but the door has an arch window on the top and over the door there is what I guess they call an eyebrow and we get nailed in the face with sun 3 months of the years so what we ordered we can slide up when we don’t want them closed. The shutters were cheaper than I expected but the shades were more expensive than expected so all in all it averaged out to more than I wanted or should have spent but less then I thought it might be.

Then Marty took off for a Nine Inch Nails concert and wanted to take my car so I drove to the bank in the trucklet to deposit my check from the CD. That was scary but I made it there and back okay. Woo hoo!

I still have to go through the stuff from the safety deposit box and figure out something easy for supper.

I am ready to go back to work – it will be less busy than today but luckily I get off at noon tomorrow so it will be a short day.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I would be like a fish out of water in your kitchen! We had a Kohler sink that sounds like the one you described in our old house. I miss it...and our appliances were better (and newer) there too. That's so sweet of your neighbors! Same people who put up with round one of hardwood floor installation pounding? What trilogy did you read? I haven't read anything good lately. I starts book but lose interest really fast.

Marcy-your day sounds exhausting! My sister ordered replacement windows for the front of her house from LOWES a few years ago,and it was several tries before they got it right. Blinds and window treatments are super expensive. We have nice wood blinds in most of the rooms, but the previous owners put cheaper shades in the rooms they didn't use. We plan to replace those with nice ones, but the only rooms I have bought drapes for are the master bedroom and spare bedroom downstairs. The only reason the spare bedroom has drapes is because I bought them for the master and they didn't work! That darn clock I bought several months ago is still propped against the wall. We are so bad with this stuff! I can't believe how much time you have spent at that bank. Crazy. You didn't want to go to the concert? I might have tagged along for that one.

My all-nighter playing cards with the girls caught up with me today. I feel like I have been worthless, but I ended up working 3 hours over anyway. It took a while after my 11-5 meeting to get my brain functioning correctly, but I did make progress on my action items after the meeting. I checked with Denise on my ring today. She said the side stones should come in today and they'll send a few pictures with my center stone before they start production. It's a good thing I'm so busy at work I don't have time to think about it, or the wait would be killing me! Have a great Wednesday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so anxious to see the pictures of the pears with your diamond. I now know how you felt now when I was ordering for my stuff. How EXCITING. New bling. That isn’t comforting to hear your sister had problems getting her windows in the correct size from Lowes. A manager called and wanted to “confirm” with us the sizes they were going to order – we didn’t measure them – their installer did. They didn’t order what the installer told them to order. I left Marty a note to call them tomorrow. If we say “sure” and they are wrong then we are stuck with them. I think the shades and shutters we ordered will be nicer than what we bought for here at Kohls, Lowes and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Marty wants to get shutters in his office downstairs – they said about $800 for both of them so when he comes to install our shades I will tell Marty to order them. Our den windows are arched and have the inserts to look like little panes and I wanted shutters for them before we moved in here. As long as the clock tells you the right time it works where it is, right? The concert was at Red Rocks, which is outdoors and has a lot of stairs. I wouldn’t have enjoying climbing them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on what I can do in the parking lot to get some more stuff from my neighbors! Maybe if I go out there and spread out some of my clothes someone will go shopping for me! And WTF about your door? Did they have it measured by monkeys? Stuff like that drives me absolutely bananas! These people are professionals, right? Right???

Deegee, I finally got around to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was an interesting story but I expcted spectacular actual writing after all the hoopla too. Oh well, I was amused for several days by the reading so I can't really complain. And HOW EXCITING about your ring! Tell them to hurry up, Dee wants to see it!

Last night we had some rain, but really not that much at all based on the precipitation reports from both Midway and O'Hare, a I was woken by one of the water alarms in my mater bathroom. Nothing major, it seems that the wax ring that the toilet is on is leaking a little or the surges splashed water out onto the floor, I'm not really sure which. And there was some gurgling of the other drains but all of the check valves have held perfectly so that was a relief. I went out outside though and there were geysers come from the base of the downspouts. One geyer, about 50 feet from my front door, was spewing higher than I am tall. The parking lot was also full of water. I took pictures of everything for documentation and also sent them to the CB. This is turing into a realy PITA.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Half Day of Work :appl:

Dee Jay, maybe if you wear some "frozen spit" looking diamond studs someone will buy you some super ideal cut studs. That would be awesome! Now to get some new clothes maybe hang up a rope and dry some torn up paint stained clothes on them - you may get new clothes and a dryer. The installer did come measure our door and gave the dimensions to Lowes; Lowes never updated our order. That stinks about the water situation there. What a PITA for sure.

We are off to lunch then Lowes. Look out!

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did all the talking at Lowes - we got a copy of what the installers gave them plus the new order. It will take up to 3 weeks to get the order in again. Sigh. They didn't give us any hassles at all.

We had leftovers for supper - easy cooking and very few dishes. Sweet.

After having yesterday off and working half a day today the rest of the week is going to be rough actually working.

Sounds like Marty may be gone most of August. Boo!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- you have a devious mind, giving Dee*Jay all those thoughts about ways to get her neighbors to buy her stuff. Good suggestions though! We still haven't had a new landscaper come to get everything cleaned up and mulched. If only the neighbors would feel sorry for me and take care of it! Yay for a short work day!! I plan to leave early on Friday because I had to reschedule my hair appointment so I could work late tonight (Friday morning deadline). I'm not necessarily excited to have an appointment, but I'm thrilled to have something that will make me get out of that place early for a change! Lowes definitely shouldn't have given you grief. They should be begging your forgiveness! Bummer about Marty traveling so much in August. I know that's super boring for you. I hate coming home when I know Matt is away.

Dee*Jay-I read those books, and I kind of got stuck on the last one. I skipped a bunch of it because I got bored with it. Matt hated the first movie so I'm probably finished with that whole franchise. My niece sent the Divergent series for me to read. They're books for teens, so I read all 3 books in 2 days while we were in Gatlinburg last month. Yes, your rain issue is a huge PITA! I drove through high water on the way home tonight (drove through some higher than I thought and almost lost control of my car with the rock face about 3 ft away from the pavement. Scared the crap out of me.) Most of the time I'm glad our house is on a hill where it can't get flooded, but every now and then I worry about mudslides and my house sliding down the road with the hill! Yikes.

I left work tonight at 8 and I'm about to crash. A few of us got out of the office for lunch (for once) today. We went to Cracker Barrel and I had breakfast food. Yum. I ate a roast beef sandwich from Arby's for dinner and am enjoying a nice Bailey's caramel Irish Cream before I hit the hay. Not a great day for food, but better than I was doing for sure. Denise sent a pic of my stone with the pear sides. I think everything looks great, but I'm not super picky and I'm not stressing over every small detail. Let me know if you see anything glaringly bad or if you think everything is horribly out of proportion. I asked for some detail about the pears, which I'll probably get tomorrow. I'm hoping to tell her tomorrow to proceed. Now that I've seen a pic, I want my ring! Have a great day tomorrow. Is it Friday yet?

_20602.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooohhh, sorry. My 1.32 ct H SI1 ACA center, and the pears are supposed to be around .40 ctw, F/G VS. I'll get that confirmed tomorrow.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Eve! I left work today after only a working an hour late and felt like I was committing some horrible crime. Denise is going to email a few more pictures so I can see the pears with my stone at different angles. I'm such a visual person, I practically need things drawn out for me to get it. I had fruit for breakfast, soup and watermelon for lunch, and spaghetti & salad for dinner. Marcy-I pulled a you and sliced a piece of the end of my index finger off cutting up the veggies for my salad. Seems like I did that a few weeks ago too. I guess I shouldn't use a sharp knife when sleep deprived. I clamped my ring finger (same hand) in my 410 degree straightening iron this week, so my left hand is going to look super awesome and picture ready when I get my ring!

And Marcy-I meant to say I totally understand why you didn't want to go to the concert with your knee problems. I have been avoiding the steps because of my pulled calf muscle. I have even been avoiding going upstairs to the man room! I hope Marty enjoyed the concert.

Friday can't get here quick enough. Have a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results