shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle Tread April 26 - May 2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your motivation for losing weight? Are you driven by a strong desire to be healthy or to achieve a perfect weight? Whatever your motivation may be, keep in mind that striving for a certain number on the scale can cause us to lose sight of the overall health improvements we have achieved. Do you have more energy? Are your clothes feeling looser? Are friends and family complementing you on how you look? Have you lowered your blood pressure or lipid levels? These are ALL measures of success, so be sure to revel in each and every one of them!

My motivation is my health. I was living on borrowed time with a massive stroke or heart attack waiting around the corner. For me it was never what the scale said or what size clothes I wore, just that I was healthier. Health turned out to be a great motivator for me.

Take care.
Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Hello Marcy,

This is a great topic for me. I constantly find myself wondering what my true motivators are. Mine are very random, and some might even seem silly to some, but they actually mean a lot to me.

We want to start a family right after our wedding in June and I want to be a healthy family. I want my kids to be active, outside playing and I want to lead as an example. I want to be healthy for them so that they see the importance in taking care of themselves. I want us all to go hiking, biking, walking, etc. so that we can all do fun activities together. I also wanted to be in tip-top shape for my pregnancy so that I didn''t run into any health risks.

I also want to lose weight so that I can wear fun clothes again. I had always been incredibly trendy and as I put on the pounds noticed I was dressing more and more frumpy in attempts to hide the extra weight.

The strange thing is, that even though I am at the lowest weight I''ve been in years, I still feel like I look the biggest. I think something psychologically has changed in my head (for the better). When I was at my highest weight I was in denial telling myself that I still looked good...then I saw photos of myself and was confused that that was the same person that I saw. I think that''s why the weight went on in the first place. I ate horribly and never worked out but still thought I looked nice. I need to come back to reality and see me for what I am so that I don''t fall of the track and keep on going until I''m at a healthy ideal weight for my height.

My motivators from external sources are pretty much all there in your list. Baggy clothes, compliments from friends and even random people I rarely talk to. I have my annual next month and I am super excited to have blood work done to check how it compares to when I did it two years ago. I definitely have more energy and feel like a more positive person all around. I think my favorite of all of these is baggy clothes.

Once I hit my ultimate goal I''ve been saving money so that I can go to Anthropologie and go on an insane shopping spree and get a little bit of the old trendy me back.

Cj

pinki

Shiny_Rock
PS:

Deegee - So good to hear from you, but soooooo sorry to hear about your cat! I'm sending you all my love, it's got to be so hard to heal from her loss.
8.gif

My hike this weekend was insane...we went to 3 different parks, checked out 2 different waterfalls and some awesome rock formations. I'm in some pain today, but it was well worth it. In all I think we did about 8 miles, and crazy amounts of verticals. It was about 47 degrees with a light mist/sprinkle all day but it helped to keep me cool. This weekend is supposed to be 70-80 and sunny (go figure Wisconsin) so we might head back out to some other trails.

Trail 1 - Parfrey's Glen

Trail 2 - Pewit's Nest

Trail 3 - Devil's Lake, East Bluff At this location we did Balanced Rock, Devils Doorway, the Grottos, the Potholes, and both East Bluff trails...I think this is what did in my calves and thighs. LOL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don''t really have a motivation to lose weight (5''6" and 112lbs)--but I have a motivation for health and that is why I exercise and eat well. There are variables in my genetics--principally diabetes, heart disease and hypertension--that I cannot control so that is a "motivation" to live as well as I can. Also my motto is to "eat to live" not "live to eat" --altho we are foodies and love wine; all good things in moderation. It helps that I love exercise and have always been athletic and active--I just couldn''t imagine my life without it! Makes me feel great and I love to get out!

I love hearing peoples stories!

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love this opener! My motivation is overall health. I love to read about inspirational women who lead these great healthy lifestyles and then think I want to be like that. It''s not just body image, although that is a big thing. It''s also having the ability to do certain things (like run three miles), and knowing that I am eating a great diet that will fuel me, and being an inspiration to others.

I read an article this weekend on Ellen Degeneres and she leads SUCH a healthy lifestyle... and she''s happy... and she looks great. People like that inspire me to keep going.

This weekend I mainly worked out last night. I fished all weekend and the sun sure does drain you. I ate really well for the most part, save my cheat meal on Friday night (cheeseburger with fries).

Hope you all have a great Monday.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hey y''all! Been MIA again. About two weeks ago I had two moles removed my chest. The Dr. said to prevent scarring that I need to wear a sports bra or regular bra with the straps really tight for 6 weeks. So for me that has meant not working out at lunch so I can prevent any unnecessary jiggling or stretching. Plus that would also require me to shower and change my dressings. Had a reaction to the adhesive on bandaids so I''ve been using gauze and paper tape and its quite an ordeal to get everything just right. Anyway though I have been going for hour long walks on the weekends so I have been doing something. We are about to remodel our master bathroom so I was running around town buying stuff every night last week. When the work starts I''ll be going home at lunch everyday to check on the progress, so I guess this mole thing happened at a good time. My social calendar is open this week so I plan to go walking in the evenings.

I also had a man ask me today on my way to the cafteria if I was pregant. My reply was "thank you for telling me I look fat". So that is some extra motivation. I do accumulate weight in my tummy, but today I think it was just the way my clothes were, skirt with a higher waist and a somewhat fitted cotton shirt and tank over it.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Happy new week ladies!

I’ve never really thought about motivation to lose/maintain a healthy weight. I want to live a happy and healthy life. I want to look and feel as good as I can. When my husband and I are ready for a child, I want to ensure I am in the best possible shape I can be to benefit my child and myself. I want to remain healthy for me, I guess. Is that selfish? Hubs and I are outdoorsy, and some of the most beautiful things in life can’t be seen from the car. We’ve seen some breathtaking things during our hikes and I want to continue to hike, bike, ski, and run for as long as possible.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday was my LR (10.5mi). I had a veggie burger for dinner and watched too many episodes of “The Hills”.

14.gif
Sunday morning I got in about 5 miles and we had pasta for dinner. We went grocery shopping and spent a couple hours hanging out with a friend. I’ve acquired a gnarly blister on the bottom of my pinky toe. I guess I should be used to blisters by now, but this one hurts.
39.gif
Today, hubs and I have some errands to run when I get home from work but tonight it’s trout and weights.

Marcy- Thanks for the opener! We were driving home from our friend’s house and we saw some hail/snow for about 5 minutes. The foothills are covered w/ snow but the city had no accumulation.

Pinki- That’s awesome that you are getting out and hiking. Did you take any photos? The photos on the website are beautiful! IMO, elevation gain is tougher than multiple miles.

Sharon- Hubs and I have the same motto when it comes to food. We are foodies and love a good meal! I have no issues dropping some cash on a meal that’s worth it!

11.gif

Dragonfly- Aren’t you right about the sun! I love coming in after a long day in the sun.

10.gif
I sleep like a baby.

Apple- Oof. I hate hearing stories about people asking if women are pregnant. Good luck with your bathroom remodel! I had a mole removed on my back when I was way younger. Completely unexpected but he wanted it gone right away.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided to finally take control of my weight because I knew I had to do something to feel better. Knowing I qualify for a health insurance premium reduction because my blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and bmi numbers are in healthy ranges is an awesome feeling too.

marcy - you can knock a crown off? Ugh! Don''t tell me that!! I was thinking my teeth would be invincible and I could eat anything I wanted.

pinki - thanks about my kitty. I had her since the day she was born. She was the runt of the litter and not the smartest of the bunch, but she was a very sweet, loving little cat. I miss her. My clothes got frumpy over the years, and I''m having a hard time buying trendy things. I feel like I''m too old to wear cute things and I should just stick to my usual...only in smaller sizes.

Hi sharon & dragonfly!

appletini - I''m kind of big in the chest, and in order to get a top to fit around my chest, it''s really blousy in the middle and I feel like I''m wearing maternity clothes (even though I have a completely flat stomach). Grrrr.

beachrunner - hope your pinky toe feels better!

It has been pouring rain for 2 days, and tonight we had chili and grilled cheese sandwiches. That''s the one and only meal hubby prepares, so I wasn''t arguing when he suggested it. We''re getting ready to take our walk in the rain again. I had started doing step aerobics 3x a week, but my back decided to pull one of it''s ugly flare-ups, so I''m back to just walking for now. I''m kind of worried that I won''t be able to do more strenuous exercise with the way my back has reacted, but I guess walking every day is better than the absolute nothing I used to do. Oh well, got to walk and then off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Great discussion/opener! My motivators range from huge to very trivial, but it''s really the combination of it all that keeps me on track.

-I want to FEEL good!

-I want to be able to keep up with my kids. I don''t want to take a break after 30 minutes of playing in the yard because I''m winded. I want to be able to take them to the beach without being embarrassed of my body.

-I want to reduce my period symptoms (obviously not a huge problem right now...) According to lots of things I''ve read, cramps and other symptoms are greatly reduced if you can drop some weight.

-Currently I want to make sure my delivery and recovery are as easy and quick as possible.

-Heart conditions run in my family and I don''t want any part of them.

-I want to be able to wear a tank top and think I look good. NO batflaps!

-I want to look hot for my husband. He and I started dating when I was 17. I was so much cuter than I ever thought and it''s a bit of a shame that I let it all go.

Not much to report, as per usual lately. I cleaned at my g''mas today. I didn''t do as much as normal though. That''s the extent of my workout. Eats are good. DH has started gaining sympathy weight though. He brings home the peanut butter cups for me, I don''t eat many and he finishes the bag. My belly is still bigger.
2.gif

Have a great tomorrow!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone! My motivation isn''t really to lose weigt - I''m 5''1" and just under 100lbs, but I am not in very good shape/tone. My main motivation for being more mindful of eating and exercise is to get in better physical health (diabetes and heart disease run in my family) and to get to a place of good health and body image before TTC next April/May. Also - I occasionally struggle with binge eating which is something I''m trying to be more careful with.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
(appletini- I''m sorry about what happened on the way to the cafeteria -I hope he felt mortified too and will NEVER ask that question again without already knowing the answer is affirmative!)

okay - my accountability post
warning: I have fallen off the chocolate only on Saturdays wagon.. oh well :) it''s still ok

eats:
breakfast: whole wheat honey flax bread with margarine, crystal light
snack: Power Bar protein bar
lunch: grapes, handful of pecans, yogurt, carrots
snack: 4 dark chocolate eggs
supper: baked chicken, small portion of pasta with Alfredo sauce, glass of milk
snack: bowl of strawberries with a little bit of sugar

exercise:
10 minute walk
35 minute elliptical

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Today was another “uber stress”day at work. We were crazy busy for today, had tons of updates for today and I had 2 people out. Ugh. I am so looking forward to slowing down in a few weeks.

I made cheese raviolis for supper (the fresh ones in the deli) with a loaf of hot bread and raw veggies. We have enough left for lunch tomorrow.

We tried the GS thin mint slow churned ice cream tonight. Since neither one of us was a fan I put it in the trash. One thing I won’t do is waste calories on something I don’t like.

I had 20 some papers to grade tonight. The last 3 weeks of school will be busy. Marty said I am putting in more effort on it than I should but that’s not me to just shirk my responsibilities. It’s not my student’s fault they are letting me go.

We watched Top Gear tonight (one of my favorite shows) so I took time out from grading then.

Pinki, I am glad you have so many “facets” of motivation. If you feel weak because of one thing something else can keep you going. I bet you’ll have a blast on your shopping spree. It is interesting how you see yourself; I was totally nodding my head in your comments both about not seeing what you looked like before and not seeing yourself as you truly are now. I think that takes work. Congratulations on a long hike this weekend.

Sharon, that is so marvelous you have always enjoyed being active and are so motivated to eat well and exercise.

Dragonfly, how wonderful you work on being healthy and setting a good example. And of course all of us want to be happy with our body image. We’ve all got to have a cheeseburger and fries sometimes.

Appletini, good luck with a speedy recovery and not irritating those spots. I am allergic to adhesive and the paper tape as well; when I have something done the skin around the wound gets more irritation than the wound or incision. They have that self sticking stretchy stuff but that would be expensive to wrap up in that around your body.

Beach Runner, wanting to be healthy for yourself, your husband and future kids is not selfish at all. I think it’s great! Ouch to a big blister. We had a little bit of snow on our deck this morning but the sidewalk was clear.

Deegee, getting a good report card at the doctor is always a good feeling. Yes, you can bit wrong on something and a crown can come off. Most of the time though it came off on something sticky like a caramel or tootsie roll. See I should be eating that stuff anyway. Sorry to hear that your back flared up; I hope it gets better. I am pretty resigned to that’s about all I can do is go for walks.

Somethingshiny, what a great list of motivators! Too cute your husband brings your home PB cups.

I am off to grade more papers.
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic opener! My motivation to get healthy is to well, just be healthy. I guess also to catch up with all the naughty stuff I consume (that is basically just wine). I had a pretty good metabolism when I was younger, but as i got older, it slowed down. It took me a good year to realize, "I can''t eat and drink anything I want anymore!" DARN getting old. But just because I''m getting older, I''m not going to take this lying down, darn it!!! So I started doing more healthy stuff, running, training for races, etc. I''m doing the marathon this year because I want to be able to say I did one once, before we start having kids and doing stuff becomes more difficult.

Today was gym day during Sister''s PT session. I was totally ADHD, jumping around between cardio (treddy), weights, treddy, abs, stretches, treddy. All in all, 1 hr at the gym. Today was a very manic day. On the good side, I got my offer, and they met me at my counter!
36.gif
On the bad side, my parents'' divorce has turned both of them into children, and my dad has the emotional quotient of a 3 yr old. So I''ve been dealing with his calls etc. UGGGHH!!!!!! Good again: I got my passport back!!! YAY! We''re going to Mexico for a wedding and I was cutting it kinda close. Bad again: I left my rings at the gym!!!
39.gif
I called them and they said they''ll send someone up to check. I haven''t told James because he''ll likely get mad, mad, mad at me. I''m going back tomorrow, so might as well hit the gym again. What do you guys do with your rings at the gym?

PInki, definitely hear you on the shopping spree!!! Anthro is such a great place for that! I just bought a new dress for a wedding in Mexico and I cannot WAIT to wear it! Your weekend hikes sounded AWESOME! Where did you go hiking again?

Sharon, I love love love it when the weather gets warm and everyone is out and about again. It really makes me feel like "YEAH! I can go *RUNNING* outside!!"

Dragon, Hope your fishing went well. :) Good you on the fishing. Did you have any yummy dinner from what you caught?

Apple, I''m glad your surgeries went well. It does seem like it''s well timed given how busy you are. Hope the remodel goes smoothly.

Beach, awesome on the long run. When is/was the halfsie you''re doing?

Deegee, sorry about your kitty.
7.gif
And woo hoo about qualifying for the healthy numbers. I remember you posted you got a discount on your premiums. Boo, rain, rain go away!!! So nice of your hubs to make dinner. :)

Shiny, So funny about DH''s sympathy weight. What''s "g''mass"?

Maevie, diabetes runs in my family too, mostly the men. But it''s still sometihng to think about. Good for you :)

I just want to say it''s so wonderful to hear babies are such a good motivator to maintaining the healthy lifestyle. Hooray everyone!

~Lisa

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Last night Kyle and I worked on our draft of our programs for our wedding ceremony, and then I did laundry...exciting life! I made wraps for dinner with all the ingredients that I still have left over from my salad last week. This morning at the gym was Body Pump, and the instructor did the same dang CD she''s done for the last 3 weeks...I''m going crazy! I pray on Thursday she changes it. It was a new one so I think she was overly excited about it. LOL.

Canuk-Gal - I love your motto...definitely something I''m working on!

DragonFly - I also love to read about inspirational women. I like the website 3fatchicks.com to follow people''s progress, it helps me stay motivated seeing them accomplish big losses.

Appletini - How insanely awful for someone to ask that!! I can''t believe a grown adult thought it was OK to say something like that to you. I love your response though, too cute.

Beachrunner - have you ever tried the blister band-aids? they have lidocain (sp) in them to numb the pain and also heal the blister. Love those things! I really didn''t get any pics on my hike. It was raining so I didn''t want the camera to get wet, but I got one of me in front of the Balanced Rock. The verticals really worked out my calves. They are still a little sore!

Deegee - Your kitty sounds exactly like mine...also the runt, also very silly and huge snuggle bug. She acts like a dog because she loves people so much...her name is Pinki, hence my name on here! She''s 8 and I know I''ll be such a wreck when she leaves me. I can''t even imagine the loss...

Shiny - LOL at BatFlaps. Too cute.

Maevie - you''re teeny!! But I totally know what you mean about getting toned. No worries about the chocolate - they were dark chocolate, antioxidants are good for you!

Marcy - OMG - I LOVE TOP GEAR TOO! Saturday morning it was raining, so I started a fire in the fireplace, made coffee and caught up on the last 3 episodes, including the Bolivia Special. My cousin lives in London and works for Maclaren and he''s met the guys a bunch of times, so jealous.

Lliang_chi - Yay to all your good news, boo on the bad (scary about your rings!). I keep mine on at the gym...actually at all times, 24/7. I had a mishap last year where I left my ring somewhere and I never want that feeling ever again, and Kyle said I had to keep it on because if it ever got damaged it''s easier to fix than losing the whole thing. I might have to call you soon about the parents getting divorced. My mom is filing right after my wedding and I know my dad will be just like yours...if not worse. Dreading it. I do love Anthro so much. I have so many adorable clothing from there that doesn''t fit any more. I get a ton of their house stuff too...dreamy! We went hiking at Devils Lake in Baraboo Wisconsin (the Dells). It''s about an hour and a half from Milwaukee. It wouldn''t be bad for you either, but might be nice to spend an entire weekend there instead of just a day trip. (you''re in Chicago right?)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This healthy lifestyle forum is really great--yanno? We don''t "know" each other from a bail of hay--but you''d never know that, reading here. The stories are great--and the support is great. I think Nike said it best, "Just do it".!

Did my water run today--but was cut short by the kiddies lessons--so I treaded water in the deep area for 30 minutes instead. Did the treadmill, also, for 30 minutes. I am consiering a few sessions with a personal trainer to work on areas I think are weak.

Shout out to the gang!
35.gif
(you know how bad I am answering individually, but that doesn''t matter here.....we are like the Borg!
2.gif
3.gif
)

Keep well--Sharon

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lliang~ wow, sounds like you''ve had some crazy days!! Hang in there! "g''mas" is "grandmas" just too lazy to type it out. Sorry.

DH is mowing the lawn and I''ll try to get some gardening done today. Not sure how far I''ll get with that, but I hate not doing anything productive.

I think I''m making chicken and noodles for supper. I''m just not in the mood to cook.

That''s all for now.

btw- If anyone talks to Skippy, please tell her "hi!"

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
I was so tired when I got home yesterday, I did not do weights. My lower back hurt as well, which is odd because I never have lower back pain. Anyways, we did eat trout for dinner. Yum.
18.gif
Today I’m going to do speedwork on the treadmill and make some stir-fry for dinner. I’ll try to get my weights in as well. Ah, I also had a great salad for lunch w/ romaine, red pepper, mushrooms, half an egg, and half a chicken breast. I have another salad in my fridge for another lunch!

Deegee- I love runs in the (light) rain. A couple weeks ago I wanted to do an easy run and half-way through it started raining (hard enough to put my hood up on my raincoat) and I made great time. I think I run better in the rain/even snow. Good for you and getting out there even though the weather is less-than-pleasant. I love Charleston. I think its such a quaint town. My in-laws have a gorgeous loft right downtown so you can walk anywhere, which may make me a little biased. Hubs and I got married in Charleston.

SS- I can see my hubby doing what your husband does regarding sympathy weight and eating all my “leftovers”.

20.gif
2.gif

Maevie- TTC next yr? Aw, that’s exciting! I don’t think hubs and I will be ready by next year. We had strawberries last week. What a great snack!

Marcy- Threw away mint ice cream??

23.gif
Sounds like it would be one of my favorites! I love mint anything.

Lisa- OMG, left your rings at the gym?? Eek!

32.gif
I’ll either leave mine on at all times or leave them somewhere safe when I know I’m doing weights. I recently ordered a plain band to wear for exercise/outdoor activities. Congrats on the job offer! That’s great! And my half is May 16th. Denver has a Rock-n-Roll Marathon Oct. 17th. I think that would be a good first marathon to do; high energy and lots of people! Yours is in Sept, right?
31.gif

Pinki- If I put a band-aid on every blister, I’d have a lot of band-aids on my feet! I’ll look into them though. If they are bad, I’ll wrap them w/ tape so they don’t rub even more. Luckily, we banged out our programs with the priest in like 30 minutes. It was great!

Sharon- We have a small pool in our apt. complex. Although it’s too small for laps I can def. tread water. Thanks for the idea!
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
BeachRunner - I''m hoping it will be next year. Next April I will have been working in my grown up career for over a year and will be nearly 30. I think it will be time to get started on the TTC :) we will see though

today''s accountability post:
I am still off the wagon re: chocolate and was lazy re: exercise today

breakfast: whole wheat bread with margarine, crystal light
snack: Power Bar protein bar
snack: small tea cookie
supper: 2 rice cakes with cheddar cheese, asparagus with Parmesan cheese, glass of milk
snack: 6 dark chocolate eggs (I know, I know :razz:)

exercise:
30 minute walk

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Work wasn’t too bad today. My boss and the other supervisor came in a number of times to explain to me they are working on our May files and will get them to us as soon as possible. Then when they had the first done they gave it to me. Wow, I guess my talk did some good after all. Cool. My team has been working so hard I am taking them to lunch next week. I really appreciate all they do.

I left a roast in the crock pot so had it ready when we got home. I bought some of the already made mashed potatoes and they aren’t bad. It has 2.5 cups in it and that was plenty for us for supper and lunch tomorrow. I even have enough roast for lunch on Thursday.

I didn’t have many papers to grade tonight but I did write Precision gems to inquire about an aqua asscher. Oooh. I will see what they say.

Lisa, it is too bad our metabolism doesn’t speed up as we age. I am with you on wine; I just want a glass with supper sometimes. That is wonderful you are motivated by your health. Did they find your rings? When I go somewhere I take off my rings I keep a jewelry box in my purse or car and leave them locked up somewhere. I hope they found them for you. I hate to hear about your parents. My mom has become very childlike and it is hard. She is in pretty bad shape; I sometimes wonder how my deals with her all the time.

Pinki, how fun to work on your program for your wedding. I’ve made a few up for friends. I hope they have new music at class this week. I am jealous of your cousin too. I am not the type that really is impressed by famous people; you know I wouldn’t get excited but I think I would be excited to meet those guys on Top Gear. I wish I could have that much fun at my job. The Boliva special was marvelous.

Sharon, I agree this is a great thread. We are like a bunch of old friends just catching up on our days. And resistance is futile.

Somethingshiny, chicken and noodles sound great. I have been wondering about Skippy too. I will email her.

Beach Runner, I hope your back is doing better. I like mint ice cream too but this just tasted funny. Their slow churned chocolate cookie dough wasn’t very good either and I am just stubborn enough that I am not wasting calories on something I don’t like so in the trash it went.

Maevie, no popcorn today? A lady at work always makes a bag in the afternoon so I think of you when I smell it.

Take care. Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! So Monday night we baked the fish I caught. I put olive oil and lemon juice over it, then added some "everglades" seasoning (It''s a blend we have here) some garlic and oregano and a dash of pepper. It was so tender and clean, not fishy tasting at all! We had a mustard sauce over it and had baked potatoes with it! I''ve been doing really well with eating, save for goldfish. I''m cutting them out today. I''ve also been doing really good on workouts. Monday I met my mom at the gym, and did 30 mins on the bike (5 miles at a 2 incline) and another 20 on the stair climber. Then I did heavy weights for most of my key moves, making sure I couldn''t do much more than 15 reps without feeling like dying lol. Last night I did a combination of weight moves, side planks, and push ups with jump rope between each move for 40 mins. This morning I hit the elliptical at the gym for 2 miles (30 mins). I''ve also been doing lots of bareback riding, it not only works legs but strengthens your core as well.

Sorry for the brief. I''ll give individual shout outs tonight but HI ALL for now!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! They found my rings!!!
36.gif
Thanks everyone!!! Now I don''t have to fess up to James that I lost it. I try to remember to take it off at home before I go, but I forgot this time. And I usually do weights at the gym and the rings just get in the way. I''ll make more of an effort to remember to LEAVE THEM AT HOME!!! Ugh! Bad Lisa!!!!

I''m sick today
39.gif
I was actually sick yesterday too, but still went into work because I didn''t think I was *that* sick. Today I''m still as sick, but I figure the second day means I should take it easy. Yesterday I didn''t do anything at the gym (even though I was there to pick up my rings). Today will probably meet Sis up and do an ab thing and a steam. Eucalyptus steam room should help my cold I think.

PInk, your kitty sounds so cute!!! So nice your FI is working on all this stuff with you. I did a lot of it myself and James just "Yay/Nay" at the end. Kinda annoying but whatever. Hope your instructor switches out CDs just so you guys get a bit more variety.

Sharon, I totally know what you mean about us knowing each other but not knowing each other. Rock it girl on the cardio! Way better than me...

SS, thanks for the definition. That makes sense now. I''ll try to hang in there. How was your gardening? I know what you mean about not being in the mood to cook. Does your DH pick up the cooking duties a little?

Beach, Yum trout :) Your salad sounds awesome too. My marathon is 7 days before yours, 10-10-10. You half is on my birthday! Sis and I are going to do a 10K on June 1st. Will probably do a half Sept 12th or 21st. Depending on where we want to run.

Maevie, great eats. Dark chocolate is better than milk, right? At least there''s that.

Marcy, wow! Your talk did have some benefit! That''s fantastic. So nice that you''re taking your team out for lunch. It''s those little things that make me feel like I''m being appreciated. Mmmm.. crocker roast is s easy I love making it that way. I totally know what you mean with metabolism speeding up with age. Ugh! I wish. I totally know what you mean by dealing with childlike parents. It''s hard. I feel like an ungrateful daughter when I think "Can''t you just figure this out on your own?"

Dragon, Hey sounds like you''ve been doing quite well on your activity. fantastic

~Lisa

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
df~ yowza! Reading about your workouts has exhausted me!! How goes the horse training?

lliang~ Lol. DH works 2nd shift. If I don''t cook, I don''t eat (unless I do like I did tonight and make do with a sandwich). Sometimes he''ll cook one night on the weekend, usually the grill. Wahoo for finding your rings! Hope you''re feeling better soon!!

Gardening didn''t work out too well. I really wish I could get it done because the soil is nice and soft right now from our recent rains.

DH''s grandma passed away early yesterday morning. She had been very sick with cancer and at Easter I knew that was the last time we''d see her. Unfortunately, most of the family isn''t as receptive and were taken by surprise. Services are tomorrow and Friday. She''s actually DH''s grandpa''s second wife. DH''s "real" grandma died about 15 yrs ago and grandpa''s been married to this lady for nearly 13 yrs. (I remember attending their wedding with DH when I was a sr in high school.) I can''t even fathom how it must feel to bury two spouses. He''s in his 80''s and perfectly healthy and will probably live many more years alone.

I wanted McD''s for lunch today but only ate about half a sandwich and a few fries. Then for supper I had turkey and swiss on toast and grapes. So, not bad on the eating today. I guess I got in all the food groups anyway. btw- When did they change "4 food groups" to "5 food groups"?? What is the 5th????

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!
My morning was spent taking my Subaru to the dealership for some work. It's been making a whining noise anywhere over 30mph. So, took it in, they replaced the rear wheel bearings, and now it's better
1.gif
. The best thing was the bearings were under a factory recall so that means the work was free! Yay! I had a delish turkey sandwich for lunch and tacos for dinner. I was starving for dinner, but only ended up eating a taco
14.gif
I got in ~5.5miles today.

Tomorrow is my birthday! I have a training in the afternoon for work. I think I may go to a local running store after work for a Women's get-together. They'll have goodie bags, free food/wine, giveaways, etc. I would be so stoked if I won a pair of running shoes! I'm about due!

Maevie- What do you do for a living, if you don't mind responding to that?

Marcy- I'm glad to hear your day wasn't terrible!

DF- Your fresh fish sounds wonderful!! Great job on the workouts!

Lisa- SO glad the gym found your rings! What a relief! That steam room should totally help your cold! That's right, I remember your 10-10-10 marathon. I wanted to get married on 10-10-10, but didnt wan't to wait THAT long. What's the longest race you've done?

SS- To my knowledge, there have always been 5 food groups
33.gif
Bread/Grain, Fruit, Vegetable, Dairy, and Meat/Beans. That'll give you your necessary fuel for the day: Carbohydrate, Carbs/good Sugar, Vitamins/minerals, calcium, and protein. Anyways, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. I bet it would be tough for his Grandfather having to experience loss twice. Poor guy.

Have a good evening.
24.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We’ve got snow back in our forecast for the next couple of day. Mostly snow showers that will probably melt right away. Spring time in the Rockies. Woo hoo!

I stopped at the store to pick up some wheat buns for sandwiches tomorrow and found some new Sara Lee ones that are 80 calories each. They are pretty good. They were the perfect size for our 4 oz burgers tonight. I put a piece of provolone on them and we were set.

Dragonfly, it sounds like you had a great workout at the gym with your mom.

Lisa, I am so glad you got your rings back. Pshew! I hope you start to feel better. I take my team out to lunch a few times a year. They really are a great team.

Somethingshiny, sorry to hear about your husband’s grandma. I think the 5th food group is chocolate. Ha Ha.

Beach Runner, woo hoo for free car repairs. Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow! The women’s get together sounds fun. Wine got my attention.

I am off to bed – about 20 minutes earlier than normal. Sweet.
Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick hello...New CD in Body Pump today, thank goodness! I have finished all but 30 invitations, so those will get done tonight and then in the mail tomorrow. WOO HOO!!! Today I have to be really good during the day with food because one of my besties is taking me out to my favorite restaurant ever (The Envoy) for my b-day which is tomorrow. ETA: I shouldn't say the Envoy is my favorite ever...just in Milwaukee. Favorite ever is Hutong in Hong Kong, and pretty much every restaurant and cafe I've ever eat at in Australia/Tasmania...and every corner mexican restaurant where no one speaks english... Good God I love food.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEACHRUNNER!

Lisa - So freaking glad you got your rings back. Whew! So relieved.

DF - Your fish sounds delish

Marcy - Ugh..more snow? I bet you have the worst spring fever...I know I do.

Shiny - So sorry about DH's grandmother. Send him my love.

Maevie and Beachrunner - We're starting right after our wedding in June...so freaking nervous/excited/scared all at once.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I have been sliding these past few days - here''s my accountability post from yesterday

snack: apple
snack: 3 small tea cookies
supper: small hot chocolate and cinnamon flax cookie
snack: 4 squares of dark cherry chocolate, soft pretzel with butter and parmesan

exercise:
10 minute walk
30 minute elliptical

and I already had 4 chocolate eggs this morning. The longer I am aware of my eating, the more i''m convinced that i am actually addicted to chocolate. I can''t just have one piece.. it''s all or nothing
7.gif

I am trying to get back on the wagon today -I''m off to use the elliptical before heading to work
wish me luck!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi BeachRunner - just saw your question - I''m actually a therapist (psychologist).. just scored my first career job in February :)

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 12:30:08 PM
Author: Maevie
Hi BeachRunner - just saw your question - I''m actually a therapist (psychologist).. just scored my first career job in February :)

Congrats! Now that we know that we all might be asking you for some help!

That is such a hard degree, so you should be very proud. I watched my roomate go through her undergrad and we lived together for her first attempt at grad school. She''s back now for her second try at it; those books are no joke, they''re a workout on their own!

Cj

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
here''s my daily accountability: I am regaining some ground - and my slide is not as severe as it would have been before attaching myself to this thread - it is doing me so much good!

snack: 4 caramilk mini chocolate eggs
lunch: lasagna, whole grain bread and butter, carrots
snack: yogurt, 2 mini cupcakes
supper: handful of pecans, grapes
snack: sugar free gummy bears, glass of milk, more chocolate! tsk

exercise:
10 minute walk
30 minute elliptical

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results