shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle June 7 - 13

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey (Mary and deegee).......It''s been such a nice (but Bloody Hot) weekend. For me, sleeping in is such a luxury, and I was able to do it both yesterday and today! Even though it''s unmercilously hot down here, our terrace doesn''t get direct sun in the morning (we have a northen exposure, which in Florida is a major benefit), so we had breafkast both days on the terrace. Iced coffee, might be a better alternative to hot coffee though........Charlie was in the mood for a hotdog (wow a hamburger last weekend, then a hotdog this weekend is kind of rare for Charlie), so we went to Frankie''s, where they have really terrific hotdogs for lunch. Followed of course by coffee (indside) at Sbucks before a very strong workout at the gym. After our workout, we came home and walked to this really nice place directly on the water for dinner. I had a wonderful shrimp and scallop dish over linquine with a very light lobster sauce - yummm. Charlie had grilled salmon, also yummm. There''s a really close Sbucks from there, so we got drinks and walked back to the waterfront (it''s called The Tampa Riverwalk) and sat and watched boaters, walkers, etc., until after the sun set, then we walked home. We love love being able to walk to so many fun places. Today was as planned. Very quiet. Breakfast on the terrace, a light lunch, Sucks, the grocery store, the home. We took a nice long swim (OK soak) in the pool, while I grilled fillets for our dinner. After dinner, we walked up to the entertainment complex for coffee (it was too hot for coffee), so we stopped off on our way home to the little pub next to our condo for a nice cold beer. Of course we were all sweaty, so we took another dip in the pool and now we''re ready to watch the seaon premier of True Blood. All in all, a nice weekend indeed.

deegee, if there isn''t a law saying it''s illegal to work late on Friday, there should be!! I like the Nissan Murano a lot. Actually all the SUV''s you''re considering are pretty cool. Hanging out at the house on a rainy day, sounds nice. Yummm, Itialian sounds good! Ihope you get the chance to wear your skorts and get a wee bit of sun on your legs!

Marcy, I''m sure Marty is ''uber'' excited about getting his iPad. Charlie and are still thinking about getting them for Xmas. He''d really love how it works like a Kindle for reading books. 40s and rainy? Wow, it seems hard to imagine it being that cool, when it''s in the upper 90s here. We still haven''t had any rain, but the rainy season should kick in sometime in the next or so. ONce it does, we''ll have rain just about every afternoon........

It''s going to be a tough week for me. I have so many interviews scheduled and I have to prep each person for them. It will be Wednesday at the earliest that I''ll be able to get to the gym.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the laundry done so I can goof off the rest of the day.

We had a lazy day. Marty cooked some of his favorite Thai recipes for dinner today and lunches this week. I had the other half of my meal from yesterday and make a box of mac and cheese for my lunches this week.

We picked up a peach cobbler at Harry and David yesterday and we had some for our supper tonight. It was pretty good. We will eat it up this week in much smaller pieces.

The rain has finally stopped. I doubt I will water my flowers even tomorrow. We’ve had a ton of rain.

I hope you all had a great and healthy weekend.

Marcy

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
DJ,
I mainly lurk, but I had to sympathize with your 30 flight story. DH moved his office a couple months ago to the 46th floor of a building. Quite soon, they had a fire drill. He had to walk down 46 floors with a bad knee. He has always worked in high rises, but never had a fire drill before. He found out later that you can obtain a waiver, so he wont have to do it again. He said he was determined not to complain because one of the older female attorneys walked down in very high heels without a complaint.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower, that sounds very painful for your husband. I have very bad knees and have to walk down 2 flights of stairs during tornado warnings. I can''t imagine that many floors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results