shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle for Remainder of 5/19 week

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jeez LOUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess a late start is better than no start.
Yesterday My cousin really wowed me and made me SO proud of her. She went and registered to possibly be a part of biggest loser in the future. They were doing filming in Atlanta. She got to do a challenge with Jillian Michaels (That alone made me INSANELY jealous), and hung out with Allie. She sent me photos of Jillian (my idol), and her with Allie and of the event. How cool!?!?! The Biggest Loser is what made me say YES I CAN do this. Because if those folks who are so overweight, and so lost to themselves in one way or another can do it... I can too... I can be that strong.

I hope you all take time this week to meditate on your goals, and to remind yourself to stay strong, stay motivated, because you CAN do this, you can get in shape, stay in shape, or just maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle, no matter what trials you go through! If you have anything along the lines to share, quotes, great stories, please share!

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is all you have left."

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dragonfly, how exciting for your cousin. I have never really watched that show. I did for awhile one time and there was far too much crying so I moved along. That''s just me tho . . . I wish her good luck.

We had excitement at work yesterday; there was a tornado on the ground about 12 miles south from work. We could see it out the window. We spent about 30 minutes in the basement till it went back up in the clouds. Luckily it was out in the prairie and there was not any damage. I finally got to use my little camera that I''ve been packing around in my purse.

Meals have been good - snacks not so much. Too much chocolate at work all of a sudden. Tomorrow I once again try to pass it up.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, how is your basement coming along?

Maevie, glad you got some time on the elliptical. You can reach your goal by vacation!

Beach Runner, I am so glad your race went well.

35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day!
It''s weird; I feel like I''m slacking this week, but I''m giving myself some time off to recover and just relax. I did some abs yesterday and ran a slow 2.5 miles today to stretch my muscles.
Race Recap:
5am: Alarm goes off and I had no troubles getting up.
I start the coffee pot and make some oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein. Coffee was no problem, but I choked down that oatmeal. It was hard to eat at 5:30am.
14.gif
I used the bathroom and got my husband out of bed. Put my race gear on that I laid out the night before. I vaselined up my feet, bandaged my right pinky toe (prone to blisters) and bandaged my left big toe, and shoes were on. I struggled with getting my timing chip on my shoe. Had all my gear, used the bathroom one last time, and we were off.
6:30a: Can''t cross the main d/t the race, so it took awhile to finally get across the street and park.
6:40a: We get to City Park and I end up lightly jogging to the starting line. The race started and I wasn''t even in line yet.
6:50a: I finally cross the start and I''m off. I had a slooow first two miles; it was crowded and I had a hell of a time getting by all the other runners. Because I started so far back, I do believe I was with the slower pace group.
I saw my husband on the side of the road around miles 4 and 6. It was great to see him and a great rush of energy! I felt great and around mile 6 my left pinky toe started to hurt; I knew a blister was forming. I''m so glad I carried my own water as the aid stations were crowded. I stopped once for water at mile 10. I texted my husband a couple times to let him know which streets I was crossing so he knew how close I was to the finish.
I get back to the park where I started and at that point there are crowds cheering you to the end. I finished strong and quickly after crossing the line I got my medal.
Clock Time: 2:16
Chip Time: 2:13

I knew I could have done better as my time wasn''t great, but it was my first big race and wanted to ensure I paced myself properly. Now I know I can go a little faster in the beginning. I had some food, took off my shoes and my right toe was just a huge blister, but my big toenail was still there and no other nails were bruised! Overall it was a great race and a wonderful sunny day. I had a lot of fun and will do another in August. So, taking a couple easy weeks and I''ll start the marathon training come June 1.

This is me around mile 4.
Have a good evening everyone
24.gif

ad20100516_37_edited20100516_rs.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy- Tornado? That''s crazy. I think (hope) our weather is finally starting to settle down. We''re suppose to be in the 70''s the rest of the 10 day forecast; we''ll see. Work is always the worst for bad snacking. Oof.

Maevie- An hour on the elliptical! Good for you!

Dragon- Thanks for the opener. That''s so awesome for your cousin. I don''t watch the show either, but have caught some of the finales and it is truly amazing the results the contestants receive! You''re so right about goals. They are super important and IMHO, easier to achieve what you want. A huge goal for me is to complete a marathon so I''ll be spending 4.5 months building up confidence in hopes that it is achievable.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement Marcy - I hope I make my goal too :)

today''s accountability post

breakfast: whole wheat soda crackers with peanut butter, crystal light
snack: cliff bar
lunch: carrots, 3 mini oranges, yogurt, pecans
snack: none
supper: cliff bar, glass of milk, 1 fishstick with ketchup
snack: chocolate pudding

exercise:
20min minute walk
45 min elliptical

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, you were looking good there after running 4 miles. I am so excited for you running your first big race. I hope your toes are doing okay. Saturday looks quite nice here this weekend too. Marty wants to get in some golf but I want to get in some shopping; decisions, decisions. Work is always bad for snacking and lately everyone is bringing in things. Sugar makes me buzzy though so hopefully I will be “stronger” tomorrow. I’ve been taking walks during breaks so that will help too. It was stress at work that made me snack now and then but right now we are very slow and boredom is even worse.

Maevie, let me rephrase that – you will reach your goal (by “can” I meant that is very doable). I had some PB today too but it was wrapped in little pieces of gold foil and embedded in chocolate. D’oh!

I hope to go shopping soon and do a few upgrades with my last teaching check. I was going to get a larger EC diamond for my RHR but decided I might look first at getting a diamond semi mount to replace the solitaire setting and get a slightly larger pink sapphire for another RHR. That would probably be less expensive and leave me money for something else like a pink netbook. Right now my EC is .55 ct and sometimes I wish it had just a bit more to it – and since all my rings have diamond accents I think that is what I am missing.

Take care.
Marcy
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
df~ That''s very cool for your cousin! Good post on staying motivated!

Marcy~ Glad the tornado didn''t do any damage. When they''re a safe distance they''re so interesting to watch. I''d have been upstairs staring out the window! Boo for too much chocolate at work, what are they thinking?! It''s not even a holiday!! I vote pink sapphire and pink netbook. But, that''s the pink-lover in me. Make sure to post pics of whatever bauble you choose! The basement is coming along. I rented a storage unit the day of the flooding and was able to get all the good stuff over there immediately. That was a very good thing because the water continued to come up for another 2 days!! The washer and dryer both need new motors but the furnace and heating/air conditioning are fine. We had the cleaning service come out and finish up on Tues. No more stinky!! Our backyard is still full of garbage because the ins adjuster has to take more pics.

BeachRunner~ YAY for your run! You look great! Hope your foot heals up quickly! Enjoy some rest before your training.

Maevie~ I think your goal (from the last thread) is perfectly attainable but don''t let your caloric intake go too low. Good luck!

lliang~ I just wanted to post again Happy Happy Birthday!! I hope 30 is going well for you!

Hello, all you HLTers!! Hope you''re having a great Thursday!

Again, not much to add. I''ve come to the point where I can''t eat very much at one time. I''ve been grabbing a handful of crackers instead of a more nutritious veggie and I need to work on that. I stocked up on fresh fruits and that should help.

My sis has decided that I''m joining her on a sand volleyball team next summer.
3.gif
She''s so silly! I told her the only thing I would do is stand there and yell, "yours!." I''m not a runner (as we all know), I think I''d flinch when the ball came at me, and my aim (when bouncing something off a body part) also sucks. My best sport is badminton! Oh, young people. They''re very optimistic....

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy everyone!

dragonfly - How exciting for your cousin! I can''t watch that show. I get way too emotional and start bawling.

marcy - ooooh...upgrades. I love diamond accents on rings too. I have had my ering reset 3 times, and I always end up picking something with side stones.

beachrunner - glad you had a good race. My 18 yr old niece competed in her first race (a 5k) a few weeks ago and came in 3rd. Pretty good for a kid who has already had 4 knee surgeries.

shiny - I hear you about young people. My nieces and nephews wear me out on weekends!

maevie - Good luck reaching your goal.

I''ve done pretty well with food this week, but it''s getting close to chocolate time... Last month I did really bad and had a hot fudge sundae every night during chocolate time, and I was tickled that I didn''t gain any weight at all. I''m going to try really hard to control myself better this time because I don''t need to get in the habit of having a sundae every night. That would definitely blow all the good I''ve finally accomplished! Have a great Friday everyone.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 11:15:41 PM
Author: marcyc
I had some PB today too but it was wrapped in little pieces of gold foil and embedded in chocolate. D’oh!
35.gif

that really is THE best way to eat peanut butter! :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I am so excited the weekend is almost here. We had our Thursday night out tonight and chatted about work and netbooks / laptops and iPads.

I think I am getting a cold. Rats. The girl that sets by me at work has had one.

Somethingshiny, I love to watch storms especially lightning at night. I am glad your house is smelling better but what a long process that has become for you. That is great you were able to get some of your things safely put in storage. ETA: it sounds like we are both fans of pink. Woo hoo!

Deegee, I must like side stones too since all of my rings have them. Have you tried the slow churned ice cream? It is very tasty and about 120 calories per ½ cup.

Maevie, I so agree on the best way to have PB. Luckily most of it was gone today.

Well, take care. I am going to finish cleaning my jewels and get ready for bed.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I am pretty glad the weekend is finally here. We met the in-laws for happy hour (literally) tonight. We had one drink then went on to our astronomy meeting. Tomorrow Marty is playing golf so I plan on doing some laundry.

I hope to get in my jewelry shopping sometime this weekend. I am so excited.
36.gif

Have a happy and healthy weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend! Woo-hoo!!!

Have fun jewelry shopping Marcy. Find something good! I tried some of the chocolate slow churned ice cream at my sis''s house, and it was good. I am such an ice cream hog that I try not to buy a whole container too often. I keep going back for seconds, and thirds, and so on...

It''s raining buckets today so I''m not sure what we''ll do. Last Saturday we spent the day at my 2 niece''s softball games and getting my other niece ready for the prom. I''m the only one she will let come near her with makeup. She never wears any (and I don''t wear much) so she trusts me not put too much on her. She looked so cute in her zebra print dress with turquoise trim and silver flip flops. She''s quite unique! Tomorrow we have a birthday party for my 8 yr old niece and then her soccer game afterwards. Have a great weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, we finally have nice weather here. Marty is playing golf but it is kind of windy out there. Sounds like you are a good aunt. I miss my nieces being that age; they are young adults now and I don''t see them enough anymore. I will have fun shopping.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

So with the new craziness on the knee surgery/no surgery front I have just decided fvck it, I'm going back to working out! If I don't have the surgery great, it's more than time to be back at the gym hard core, and if I do have the surgery then I will just be that much stronger by then and the recovery will be easier. Right?!?

Anyway, I'm spending the day trapped in the house because some guy is coming to measure for new carpeting on my bedroom level between 3 and 5. I have (had... ) this grand plan about cleaning some things up in the house and FINALLY hanging some of those pictures that are STILL sitting around un-hung... hmmm... but here I am on PS instead...
3.gif

Dragonfly - how exciting that your cousing might be on the show!

Beachrunner - congrats on your race!!! I saw you mention using vasoline; have you ever tried Bodyglide? It's also good for things like sandal straps that rub, etc. I love the stuff!

Maevie - I am amazed at your discipline and how little you eat!!! Serisouly, after I read your posts I just want to slink off into a corner and moo....

Shiny - "Yours!" made me LOL! Seriously, why not try it? It might be fun!

Deegee - Chocolate time... oh how I identify!!!

Marcy - enjoy your shopping trip!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well I can tell that my lack of walking much recently caught up with me today. I wandered our mall this afternoon, spent about an hour in a jewelry store then wandered another mall for about three and a half hours tonight so I am very achy. But I plan to get out there and walk again tomorrow. No more snow storms! I hope.

Well, I did get my upgrade today. I am getting a .71 ct EC mounted in a baguette semi mount. They go sideways from the center diamond. I wasn’t even sure when I saw this ring in person if I liked it put once they put an EC diamond in it; I said sold.

DeeJay, the stronger your knee and muscles around it; the quicker you will recover from surgery. I hope working out doesn’t bother it. PS is a great distracter from projects that just don’t sound appealing. I did enjoy our shopping trip. Other than the jewelry store, we got Marty some pants, flip flops, a new watch band and some of the new Bose ear buds. He has the Bose noise cancelling head phones but they hurt his ears after awhile and he hates to pack something that big for an overseas trip. He is listening to them now so I keep pretending like I am talking to him and not making any sound. I crack myself up. The only thing I bought myself other than the ring is a bottle of leather cleaner for purses.

I did compare the Sony and Toshiba netbooks today. I like the Toshiba better but they did not have the pink one in the store so I did buy one. Marty and I played with iPads for awhile too. They are amazing but he decided to wait on one. It doesn’t support flash and doesn’t have a built in webcam.

I am still debating on getting the netbook. I did admit to DeeJay earlier today if it wasn’t pink; I wouldn’t be interested in it. That certainly tells me I don’t really need it. I am going to play with Marty’s netbook in the morning and see how well I like it. If I like it; I will probably get one. Mostly because my B-Day is coming up and I have no clue what to tell Marty what I want for my birthday.

Okay, I am going to get ready for bed and hopefully dream of my EC diamond. You realize my ering center diamond is only .53 so will I start to suffer DSS?

We at supper about 8:30 at Mimi''s. They have something on their menu now called Just Enough. It was still a great deal of food; I left over half of mine and Marty didn''t finish his either. I''d hate to see their regular sized meals. We asked for 2 low fat blueberry muffins to go and they gave us 4 of them for free. Mmm. Yes, they are bad calorie wise but at least they are low fat. Woo hoo - now I won''t have to cook breakfast in the morning.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, it looks like I tried to copy you on the EC. Yours is .72, F and VVS2 - mine is .71, F and Si1. I was so excited I really didn''t look to see if I could see any inclusions naked eye but I am sure it they were obvious I would have noticed them. They look like little scratches in the loupe. It is just a RHR but I have a feeling my gemstone rings will be ignored for awhile.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy weekend!
We''ve been having great weather although yesterday it was hot. It was probably near 90. I think todays high is around 80. I''ve been taking it easy w/ working out and have been doing Yoga. It''s a lot tougher than I thought and takes a lot of strength to hold the more difficult poses. So far, I really like it! I ran on Friday and felt OK. Eats have been normal. Hubs and I will try and do something outside today to enjoy the nice weather
10.gif

Thank you all for the race congrats!

deegee- Great for your niece! That''s exciting. I''ll never place in my races, but that''s ok. When I lived in WV, I came in 1st in my age group, but was still pretty far from a top finisher spot. Congrats to her, thats a big accomplishment!

dee-jay- Bodyglide is a runner''s best friend. Fortunetly for me I get minimal chafing but my feet need the vaseline. Maybe i''ll try the BG for my feet.

Marcy- Congrats on picking out a new ring! I can''t wait to see it!! Enjoy the EC. I love how icy my F looks. When do you get to take it home?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I walked quite a bit again today but I am very sore. I will be better about getting in my walks. This is not acceptable.

We had lunch with some friends. One of Marty’s best friends is moving Tuesday so we took him and his wife out to lunch. I was starved and ate way too much. Ugh.

Beach Runner. The EC I traded in was an E (as is my ering) and I do like the icy white colorless diamonds. I am so excited to get the ring this week. The wind is very chilly today here today. It was gorgeous in Denver yesterday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results