shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread January 5 through 12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t finished my tea, I''m not feeling inspirational quite this early, just wanted to kick us off for the week (where are you Lorelei? I miss you and your always fantastic dialogues the 1st of the week).

I cried about my weight yesterday, how ridiculous, it''s only 2 pounds higher than normal, but it really upset me (don''t ask me why, I was fine with it two days before, when we returned from our vacation). But then I reminded myself that the number is not nearly as important as our overall health and wellbeing, as we all know. So lets try to focus on more than just a number this week, but healthy foods in (and the occasional gingerbread cookie!) and exercise for output.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a personal note I''m back to work today, and back to the gym between school and respite. I did workout this weekend but avoided the gym because it gets crazy with all the NY resolutioners. I''ll be back later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kimmy,

I got a bit behind taking down the Xmas tree, thanks for doing the thread! It has snowed here a bit too so the morning has been a bit crazy trying to sort out the animals, frozen taps and suchlike has slowed me down!

I am sorry you got upset, I know how it feels. I don't notice any difference in my clothes etc from after the Hols and I don't weigh, but I am trying to adjust after all the extras and it has been rough as I notice I have been craving sugar. But I am getting back on track and so will you!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Kimberly sorry you are feeling down [:knockout:...I hope you feel better.

I am a little stressed at the moment too. I feel a little heavy (need to weigh to confirm) and am about to hit a CRAZY time at work. It is so hard to eat well, especially when I have no time to eat and end up eating out with work people and it isn''t till late. I just don''t want to have to put my few lbs I feel I picked up "on hold" because I am busy. Blargh.

Sorry to complain first thing Monday morning! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Hi, Lorelei
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all. I''m getting ready to go to the doctor for a check up, so I guess I will have to get weighed
4.gif
. I am feeling pretty down about my weight too...gained over 10 from steriods when I had to go on them for a few months, then gained 10 from my short pregnancy. Since the new year started though, I have been doing my 3 mile run/walk routine and I have not eaten any sweets, so I do feel lighter. Sometimes I wish I could lose 10 pounds in a week like they do on the biggest loser, but I know I''m doing things the right way. Anyway, hope you all have a great Monday morning.

Kimberly, don''t let 2 pounds stress you out. It could be hormones or water weight. No worries, honey!

Lorelei, wow snow! I am kind of jealous...wish I could see snow for at least a day or 2!

Miscka, just try to plan ahead and bring some healthy snacks to work that you can eat on the fly like protein bars so you are not starving when you get out of work late. Hope you are not too stressed:)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from my evaluation with the PT. It was GREAT! He assessed me, and then we did some things together. Took over an hour and half. Love the guy! I signed up for a package, and I'm seeing him again on Thursday.

Hate his scale however... MY scale said 126.5 naked in my own bathroom. I took it over with me and it said 127.5 with clothes on (I just couldn't do that to the people in the gym... ) and HIS said 129.6. Personally I choose to go with MY scale from this point forward, LOL.

We also talked about food. When I told him I typically have a zone bar and a diet dr. pepper for breakfast after I work out he looked a little horrified, but I cut him off at the pass. If that's the worst thing that happens to me in a day I'm doing pretty good!

Kimi, you poor sweetheart! Give me those two pounds. I'll take them if it will make you happy. Big hugs to you!!!

Lorelei, I was wondering where you were this morning! Glad to hear it was only taking down the tree that kept you, I got a little worried. (Isn't that crazy, ha ha! I feel like your *mom*!)

Miscka, my business is about to enter the busy season for the year too. We can commisserate together!

Steph, any time you want to see snow I'll be happy to repost that pic of The Demon and me in the snowy dog run. That should satisfy your craving while still keeping you warm!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Dee!!
9.gif

HI GUYS!!!
35.gif

I am fine, the snow really slowed me up as I had to bring water buckets into the house as the yard tap was frozen, plus I couldn't work at my usual pace for fear of slipping. Then I got all behind and was trying to post and take down the tree, so it was one of those days where I got behind!
Steph we just have a little sprinkling of snow which is sticking around here and there but enough to be icy and slippery underfoot and on the roads.
I am just fixing some chocolate MaltoMeal which I make with milk and Equal, fools me into thinking I am having a pudding!
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone
35.gif

YAY I lost two this morning when I weighed myself !!! I looked at my coffee creamer and gave that up fast. It was fat free, but had sugar and corn syrup in it. I switched to fat free milk instead.

Kimi: Please don''t worry about 2 pounds. It may just be water weight and I am sure it will come off fast. I get frustrated too

Lorelei: Sorry you are having frozen taps. Hope your animals are comfy now. I love Malt O Meal

Miscka: I agree with Steph, to take healthy snacks with you. That is what I used to do when I was working.

Steph: You will lose the weight sweetheart. You have been through a lot right now.

Hi Dee
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 11:46:37 AM
Author: Linda W
Good Morning everyone
35.gif

YAY I lost two this morning when I weighed myself !!! I looked at my coffee creamer and gave that up fast. It was fat free, but had sugar and corn syrup in it. I switched to fat free milk instead.

Kimi: Please don''t worry about 2 pounds. It may just be water weight and I am sure it will come off fast. I get frustrated too

Lorelei: Sorry you are having frozen taps. Hope your animals are comfy now. I love Malt O Meal

Miscka: I agree with Steph, to take healthy snacks with you. That is what I used to do when I was working.

Steph: You will lose the weight sweetheart. You have been through a lot right now.

Hi Dee
35.gif
Miss Linda, how do you fix your malt o meal, do you have the chocolate one?

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Hey folk! This week I'm jumping in before there are a zillion posts. Woo! Lessens that non-posty guilt.

KimH, thanks for starting the weekly post. I 100% agree with you re: the New Year's Gym. I dread January and (part of?) February, both in classes and just on the floor at the gym. I get totally gym snobby those months like I am the end-all in the gym (not even vaguely true, of course) and why can't everyone else just not make resolutions in the first place since they're all gonna quit in a month. It's not charitable of me, but it is...what it is.
2.gif

Lor, I know how the not-seeing-the-difference is for sure. Especially since, apparently, the only difference I am supposed to see is better muscle tone, and heaven knows that's hard to see when you look at yourself every day. Further, I've only been training for a month (I think? Maybe three weeks) and I am, like many others here, overly critical of myself when I don't see immediate change.

Hi Misck! Good use of "blargh".
9.gif

Steph, there ain't nothin' you could've done about the steroid/pregnancy weight, so don't sweat it! It sounds like your no sweets and more movement plan will work for you right away. Keep in mind please that the only reason the Biggest Loser people lost weight like that is because 1. They're all morbidly obese to start with, 2. They have personal trainers and nutritionists 24/7, and 3. Weight loss is their only friggin' goal for what, three months? If you had Bob whatshisname wedged up your butt for three months, you'd be skinny as all get-out. Unfortunately, not everyone has that kind of opportunity.

Dee! You got a personal trainer! Now we can whine together about soreness and so forth. Promise me you'll whine!
37.gif

ETA: Hi Linda!
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly - Don't stress sweetie! They'll go away!

Lorelei - meh. I still have to take my tree down.
14.gif
Sorry about your frozen taps!

Miscka - Monday mornings are designed for complaining, LOL!

Good luck steph! And I totally feel you on wishing we could lose like 10lbs in a week!

Dee- I hate how different scales give different numbers!

Go Linda! Congrats!

I .... am eating carrots. And made an egg beaters omelete this morning. And have yogurt and granola for lunch. So basically I'm rocking it.
9.gif

ETA: Hi Julianna!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: I just use the regular one, but now I will have to try the chocolate one. Is it good??? It sounds delicious
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 12:14:22 PM
Lorelei: I just use the regular one, but now I will have to try the chocolate one. Is it good??? It sounds delicious
18.gif
Miss Linda, it is good, very chocolatey - you can smell it strongly in the kitchen when you are making it. I make it with milk to make it richer.
4.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 12:19:00 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 1/5/2009 12:14:22 PM

18.gif

Miss Linda, it is good, very chocolatey - you can smell it strongly in the kitchen when you are making it. I make it with milk to make it richer.
4.gif

OK Miss Lorelei, I am going to have to try that. I will use a little fat free milk. Now you did it!!! My mouth is watering.
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all; I went to Weight Watchers this morning and lost 1 lbs since Thurs last week, yay!
36.gif

Nothing too exciting here; I hope it warms up to walk; this week is pretty busy as I will have my nephew and I hope it warms up so we can walk to the park and play. Yay for a New week in January!!! Have a fab day!!! Yay for the enthusiasm here
36.gif

KIMI, you will lose those 2 lbs quick; I got discouraged because I gained about a 1.5 over Thanksgiving but then I lost it but it is frustrating so I hear you!!! Hugs and thanks for kicking us off!

LORELEI, oh no to craving sugar; I had that for a bit,hoping it will pass soon, hugs. Yay for snow

MISCKA sending you a hug too and hope things slow down soon. I agree w/the planning ahead Steph says; it helps me like keeping healthy snacks in my car when the ugly hunger rears its head; it helps.

STEPH, you rock for your 3 mile runs; you are my inspiration Steph! I hear you on losing 10 lbs quick but I remind myself that slower weight loss keeps it off. best wishes on the check up.

DEEJAY, yay for losing the NY weight! hehe
36.gif
Great job! Yay for an awesome trainer; hey now you can tease that guy you did everything the trainer had you do.
25.gif

LINDA, woo for your 2 lbs loss thats fantastic; yay for no sugar!!!
36.gif
9.gif
i think I lost a 1 lb in 4 days because of no more holiday sugar around to set off my cravings!! Wooo hooo Linda!

JULIANNA, lol about the posty guilt; I hear you! hehe Yay good to see you; are you doing yoga? hehe

GECKO, yay, sounds like you are eating well! I love carrots!

MARCY, I don't know if they are seasonal, I am just guessing as I only saw them now during the holidays; they sell other ginger ones that may be just as yummy. hehe

ROD, wooo hooo for weighing the same and not gaining over the holidays!!! You are awesome!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 11:57:29 AM
Author: Julianna

Dee
! You got a personal trainer! Now we can whine together about soreness and so forth. Promise me you'll whine!
37.gif
Of course I'll whine! This IS Dee you're talking to after all!
3.gif

Seriously, my hamstrings hurt already--just from him STRETCHING me. I can hardly wait to see what this feels like tomorrow.
23.gif

He also gave me some alternate arm things to do on the days when I'm not seeing him, as well as some cardo tips, so I'm pretty excited. (Although that walking backward on the treadmill at an incline does scare me a little if he's not there to catch me when I pluge forward head long into the ab machine!
20.gif
)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 12:29:54 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 1/5/2009 11:57:29 AM
Author: Julianna

Dee
! You got a personal trainer! Now we can whine together about soreness and so forth. Promise me you''ll whine!
37.gif
Of course I''ll whine! This IS Dee you''re talking to after all!
3.gif

Seriously, my hamstrings hurt already--just from him STRETCHING me. I can hardly wait to see what this feels like tomorrow.
23.gif

He also gave me some alternate arm things to do on the days when I''m not seeing him, as well as some cardo tips, so I''m pretty excited. (Although that walking backward on the treadmill at an incline does scare me a little if he''s not there to catch me when I pluge forward head long into the ab machine!
20.gif
)
Hee hee. This sounds like me!

Congrats on the loss Skippy!!
36.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday!

Gosh, I just looked through last week''s thread and it was hopping! Great to see everyone here and the new members as well. Well, after a much too long hiatus, I finally found the motivation to work out on Sunday. We took the dogs out to the Rose Bowl for a 3 mile walk/jog in the early afternoon. My poor FI''s lab... she''s not a runner and was dragging on the leash! It was a nice day out and was a good way for me to get back into the swing of things. My legs are a bit sore this morning but I''ll be hitting the gym tonight. I also planned this week''s dinners. We''ve been eating out WAY too much. Eating in helps me rein in my diet. Plus, we''re trying to figure out our budget for the wedding and need to save some money!

Kim, *HUGS* Thanks for starting the week for us.

Miscka, *HUGS* to you too. Hope your stress eases up and work won''t be too crazy.

Steph, YAY for feeling lighter and for being consistent with your 3 mile run/walk routine!

DeeJay, congrats on your new trainer! I find that I always weigh heavier everywhere else besides home!

Hi Lorelei! Ooh, sounds chilly where you are! Hope you''re warming up with your Malt O''Meal.

Linda, YAY for two pounds gone!
36.gif

Julianna, hope you''re doing well!

Geckodani, you''re being so good! Keep it up!

Skippy, YAY for another pound lost!
36.gif
You''re doing so awesome!!! Hope the weather cooperates so you and your nephew can enjoy some fun in the sun.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Well as of today I am officially tracking. The ww tracking system is great...some foods are not on there but I have my points calculator for those instances. All is good. I feel positive!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

I have been lurking in HLT for some time now. I can''t believe all of the support and motivation you can get here; just in a thread. I need it to get active and get myself into a routine. Here is a little bit of myself:

I am 5''4 and currently weigh 165lbs. I am carrying about a total of 30-40 extra pounds that I can and will shed in a slow and healthy way to keep it off. I have lost weight many times before but I always tend to gain it back. My lightest weight was 137-140lbs in 2004 when I got married. My dh, Marty is very supportive and will help me in this weight loss journey. If he can lose weight too, then that would be an added bonus.

I am also planning on a career change. I would like to be healthier and physically fit when I do.

My first short term goal is to lose 10-15 lbs in 3 months. I think this is a reasonable goal. How will I achieve this?

~ use our new treadmill - pre-programme weight loss modules (5 days out of 7)
~ use my Wii Fit - just to add something fun
~ use the juicer to get more vegetables and fruits in our diets.
~ meal planning - eat 5 small meals a day; this will keep me from eating when I am bored and it be a money saver
~ drink my 8 glasses of water a day min.

With the weight loss, it will increase my self esteem and confidence in which will help with my change of career.

Anyways, that''s about all I can think of now. I need to get breakfast in me (PST time zone) and start my journey! .....Lily

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Cdn: Your plan sounds wonderful and I know you can do it
36.gif
I am waiting for my wii fit to arrive. I ordered it a few days ago. It does sound like fun doesn''t it. We can talk about it here!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
CdnBlingGal - Well, you have a grea plan already worked out. Good luck and welcome to HLT!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 1:27:25 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all!

Well as of today I am officially tracking. The ww tracking system is great...some foods are not on there but I have my points calculator for those instances. All is good. I feel positive!
Yay! Me too!
36.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Linda and merrymunky for the warm welcome!

Having lost weight before, it''s more of the dedication. I know how to do it, I just need to do it and stay focused. I get side track very easy. It''s different now. I am very psyched to achieve my goals, look and feel fabulous!

Linda: I had to wipe the dust off my Wii Fit last night. It''s been awhile since I have used it and when I did, I had a lot of fun on it. Hope you get yours soon! It will be great to chat about it here.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 3:00:37 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Thank you Linda and merrymunky for the warm welcome!

Having lost weight before, it''s more of the dedication. I know how to do it, I just need to do it and stay focused. I get side track very easy. It''s different now. I am very psyched to achieve my goals, look and feel fabulous!

Linda: I had to wipe the dust off my Wii Fit last night. It''s been awhile since I have used it and when I did, I had a lot of fun on it. Hope you get yours soon! It will be great to chat about it here.
Welcome! Man, I wish I had a Wii Fit!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting more but have been so busy! I''ve been doing so well on my healthy eating thing and have lost 4 pounds since New Years day.

Glad to hear that you''re ok Lorelei-I got a bit worried when I didn''t see you start the thread!! I''m seeing practice for two weeks and it was so icy where I went that I couldn''t drive up the hill to their house. Had to park my car at the bottom of their driveway-it''s chilly out!!

Hi to everyone else! Happy New Year to you all!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Skipperoo, yep I still do yoga. For the first few weeks of my personal trainer''s brutal workouts I had to give up yoga because my legs ached so badly all of the time. It was hard enough to walk, there was no yoga-ing for me. I''m back in the groove now, though.

Dee, the stretching part of my legs workout is the most painful part. He really lays into me and my hamstrings are so tight and crappy all the time that I almost start crying at stretch time. It''s either that or wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps, though, so I''ll take it. I am also drinking more water (read: ANY water...I hate water) and he says eat bananas to break up the lactic acid buildup with some potassium.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 4:06:02 PM
Author: bee*
Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting more but have been so busy! I''ve been doing so well on my healthy eating thing and have lost 4 pounds since New Years day.

Glad to hear that you''re ok Lorelei-I got a bit worried when I didn''t see you start the thread!! I''m seeing practice for two weeks and it was so icy where I went that I couldn''t drive up the hill to their house. Had to park my car at the bottom of their driveway-it''s chilly out!!

Hi to everyone else! Happy New Year to you all!
Thanks Beestar!

So its bad where you are too? What were you doing for seeing practice today, I hope not cattle and pigs in this cold weather - yikes!
32.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, can someone please explain how in 2 weeks I could have GAINED 2 pounds when I have cut out sugar and ran the past 5 out of 7 days??? It is on the same scale. I am beyond frustrated! I know, I know...can''t focus on the numbers, just being healthy, but I am just feeling sorry for myself...okay, vent over! Had to get that out! Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 5:13:54 PM
Author: steph72276
Ok, can someone please explain how in 2 weeks I could have GAINED 2 pounds when I have cut out sugar and ran the past 5 out of 7 days??? It is on the same scale. I am beyond frustrated! I know, I know...can''t focus on the numbers, just being healthy, but I am just feeling sorry for myself...okay, vent over! Had to get that out! Hope everyone had a great day!!!
Oh gosh, Steph, maybe you ate something salty and are retaining water?? You can always vent, sending you a hug. Maybe start tracking your calories but it is probably water retention?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 5:21:02 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 1/5/2009 5:13:54 PM

Author: steph72276

Oh gosh, Steph, maybe you ate something salty and are retaining water?? You can always vent, sending you a hug. Maybe start tracking your calories but it is probably water retention?
Thanks, Skippy. Maybe it was....I''m gonna start back on sparkpeople tomorrow to track calories again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results