shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Sept till 14th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I was rereading all the posts and I wanted to congratulate you all on all the hard work you have all put in, good job!!! Working towards a healthier lifestyle to lose weight, get fitter, maintain etc, does take commitment and continued effort , certainly it needs to be a priority in your life. However do not underestimate the positive effects from the little things you do towards meeting your health and fitness goals. Small changes soon add up, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator where convenient. Drinking an extra glass of water, going without butter on veggies, walking to the store instead of taking the car, using lower fat milk, watching your portion sizes, having extra lean protein instead of loading up on carbs. Split meals up into smaller ones to help keep the metabolism going so you are eating 4 - 6 times a day, that way you don't get too hungry and eat everything in sight because you are starving! These things soon become second nature and not only help you lose the weight, but keep it off!

So keep it up everyone and remember feeling despondent or discouraged at times happens to us all, what matters is what you do about it, as Panda found out you can turn it around and doing so gets easier with practise!

Have a great week
35.gif

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
The start of the NFL season didn''t help me much this week lol. Splurged on wings and beer yesterday. But it''s back to working out today. Ya gotta treat yourself every now and then!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 9:21:37 AM
Author: Love2Travel
The start of the NFL season didn''t help me much this week lol. Splurged on wings and beer yesterday. But it''s back to working out today. Ya gotta treat yourself every now and then!
Absolutely right!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great opener Lorelei!!! So many great key points, thank you!!! I agree portion control helped me through 2 parties this weekend which I struggled with in the past. i need to keep reminding myself food isn''t going anywhere it will always be there. hehe How are you?? hehe

Okay, off to a morning meeting. I am going to try my new dvd today, Biggest Loser Body Sculpt as hubby taught me how to use the various remotes and tv and dvd. haha
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 9:38:14 AM
Author: Skippy123
Great opener Lorelei!!! So many great key points, thank you!!! I agree portion control helped me through 2 parties this weekend which I struggled with in the past. i need to keep reminding myself food isn''t going anywhere it will always be there. hehe How are you?? hehe

Okay, off to a morning meeting. I am going to try my new dvd today, Biggest Loser Body Sculpt as hubby taught me how to use the various remotes and tv and dvd. haha
3.gif
I am fine thanks Skip! I hope the DVD is enjoyable
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all, and thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I felt so stupid when I slipped off the peddle, and we were headed uphill so I waved my friend on and just took a few deep breaths. I''m still pretty sore this morning, I jammed my hands into the handlebars as well as my unmentionables into the crossbar (why did a purchase a bike made for men? ha ha ha), so I''m a tad bit achy. I''m getting ready to meet a friend for a nice long walk this morning.

Thanks for the positive opener, Lorelei. Every bit does count.

L2T, some wings never hurt anyone. Hope you enjoyed.

Marcy, I love my red wine...mmm, mmm. Did you donate your telescopes??? If so, how extremely generous of you.

Skip, enjoy your workout. Hope you like the video.

Have a nice walk SDL.

Rod, I''m so excited about getting an iPod. I''m going to put all high energy songs on it, just use it for exercise motivation like you do. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

I''ll be back later.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kimmers, I hope you feel better! Ouch!
39.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all! Yesterday was a bit crazy so I didn't check in, but I did 65 mins on the elliptical. Today I'm going to be at my office for 3-4 more hours, but then I'll go over to the gym and do something (maybe ride the bike). And based on a conversation I had with a trainer at the gym yesterday I'm going to try to get over to see a nutritionist this week and get someone who knows what they're doing to assess my calories. I've been trying to take in 1200(ish) a day during the week, and be *good* but not *great* on the weekends (my birthday aside, ha ha), but I am working out literally every day in some manner so I just want to make sure I'm getting enough cals. Based on the scale I've lost about 8-9 lbs since the beginning of July but I remember the weight coming off much faster the first time I joined this thread about a year and a half ago so if there's something I'm doing wrong I want to fix it ASAP. Of course I did have two pieces of left over pizza for breakfast this morning (
6.gif
) but the HH is out of town for the next four days so I'm going to be uber good while he's gone.

Yowch Kimi! (Yet more reinforcement for why I am never going to learn to ride a bike. I have of course thought of scraped elbows and knees and bumped heads, but danger to my netherparts... um... no.)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I think it''s great you''re going to see a nutritionist. I hope you find it helpful. Being stuck can feel frustrating, it sounds like you''re not eating enough. Riding a bike can be dangerous, in more ways than one might imagine!

Lorelei, thanks for the supportive ouchies. The word fits.

So my friend had to back out of our walk this morning, she has a kid home sick; I ended up going by myself, it felt great. I power walked our neighborhood. Then I bought my iPod, woo hoo! I got a little shuffle and I''m playing with it before I need to go to work.

Have a great day all.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone
35.gif
I''m making my official weigh-ins on Tuesdays but its purely for psychological reasons. I''m *convinced* Monday''s are the worst days to weigh-in
3.gif

I''m picking up the Jillian Michael''s DVD today. I''ve been putting it off out of pure laziness. I''m excited to try it out. Now it''s a matter of trying to get Mr. Fiery to do the DVDs with me. My biggest motivator is that its only 20 minutes.

I''ll check back in tomorrow and let you know if my persuasion skills are up to par LOL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 2:37:31 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Happy Monday everyone
35.gif
I''m making my official weigh-ins on Tuesdays but its purely for psychological reasons. I''m *convinced* Monday''s are the worst days to weigh-in
3.gif

I''m picking up the Jillian Michael''s DVD today. I''ve been putting it off out of pure laziness. I''m excited to try it out. Now it''s a matter of trying to get Mr. Fiery to do the DVDs with me. My biggest motivator is that its only 20 minutes.

I''ll check back in tomorrow and let you know if my persuasion skills are up to par LOL
I must get around to getting me some DVDs.....
25.gif

I just did 50 mins on the treddy and watched a Dynasty episode!
emsmile.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 3:37:34 PM
Author: Lorelei

Happy Monday everyone
35.gif
3.gif

25.gif

emsmile.gif
That sounds so much better than watching an exercise DVD. My mom has her treadmill in the room with no TV. What''s the point of a home gym if you can''t watch TV
12.gif

SDL--I knew it! LOL When my best friend and I used to do weigh-ins, we first would do Fridays so that we had four days to get over the weekend (LOL) and then switched to Tuesdays after we realized we were really using those 4 days to get over the weekend haha

appletini

Ideal_Rock
yesterday DH and I went for an hour walk and today I went to my TBT class, but I wasn''t back to 100% since I have been sick, but hopefully it was good jumpstart since I have my PT tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 4:17:25 PM

Date: 9/8/2008 3:37:34 PM
Author: Lorelei

Happy Monday everyone
35.gif
I'm making my official weigh-ins on Tuesdays but its purely for psychological reasons. I'm *convinced* Monday's are the worst days to weigh-in
3.gif

I'm picking up the Jillian Michael's DVD today. I've been putting it off out of pure laziness. I'm excited to try it out. Now it's a matter of trying to get Mr. Fiery to do the DVDs with me. My biggest motivator is that its only 20 minutes.

I'll check back in tomorrow and let you know if my persuasion skills are up to par LOL
25.gif

emsmile.gif
That sounds so much better than watching an exercise DVD. My mom has her treadmill in the room with no TV. What's the point of a home gym if you can't watch TV
12.gif

SDL--I knew it! LOL When my best friend and I used to do weigh-ins, we first would do Fridays so that we had four days to get over the weekend (LOL) and then switched to Tuesdays after we realized we were really using those 4 days to get over the weekend haha
I must admit it does help! I don't watch much TV ( British TV is pants
14.gif
) so I can watch my fave shows while treddying, and it works out quite well! I would go nuts without my TV while working out, I don't find music has quite the same effect, I have to have my TV shows!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So today I am a wimp... I went over to the gym and rode the bike for 30 mins... and then I did all the arm machines... and then I came home and ate the last two pieces of pizza...
20.gif
If anyone is giving out awards for the laziest WWTer I am today''s clear winner.

I left a message for the nutritionist this morning but I haven''t heard back from her yet. I hope I do hear back from her today though because I''m hoping to do a power low impact class tomorrow from 8-9 and then see her. I would be thrilled if she really gave me some good advice because I have just confused the hell out of myself on all these websites. Based on how much I''m working out one of them said I should be taking in 1900/day to LOSE weight. Can that be right?!? I guess I''ll find out, but my guess is the right answer is somewhere between that number and the 1200/day that I have been targeting (but virtually ALWAYS exceed).

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 5:14:36 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So today I am a wimp... I went over to the gym and rode the bike for 30 mins... and then I did all the arm machines... and then I came home and ate the last two pieces of pizza...
20.gif
If anyone is giving out awards for the laziest WWTer I am today''s clear winner.

I left a message for the nutritionist this morning but I haven''t heard back from her yet. I hope I do hear back from her today though because I''m hoping to do a power low impact class tomorrow from 8-9 and then see her. I would be thrilled if she really gave me some good advice because I have just confused the hell out of myself on all these websites. Based on how much I''m working out one of them said I should be taking in 1900/day to LOSE weight. Can that be right?!? I guess I''ll find out, but my guess is the right answer is somewhere between that number and the 1200/day that I have been targeting (but virtually ALWAYS exceed).
You did a great workout! And the two pieces of pizza...well no point in wasting food
4.gif

You know what''s funny? When I am not dieting I''m amazed at how easy it is for me to eat way beyond 1200 calories. When I am watching my weight, I have a really hard time coming up with a 1200 calorie day. Let us know how it goes with the nutritionalist.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, here is my quick review of the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt. I did the week 1-2; it was hard (a good workout), but there are lots of squats and lunges. I probably will do it once in awhile because in the past I have had knee issues so I need to ease into it. It is a total body workout, core, arms, legs w/a warm up and stretching at the end.
1.gif

I will go walking later tonight so I will check in later! hehe

Everyone sounds well

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi healthy friends! Today is the third day in a row I went running out in the neighborhood. I have been doing a loop around the neighborhood which is 2.7 miles. Sat I ran the entire thing. Yesterday and today I ran 2 miles and walked the last mile. I think tomorrow I will do something different like swimming to give my knees a break and will start back with the running on Wed. Running really makes me feel good and I have already lost 6 of of the 9 lb I gained while having to be on steroids for my allergic reaction. Hope everyone has had a great Monday.

Lorelei, great opener as usual! You are so right about the small changes adding up and becoming habit.

Lovestotravel, don''t beat yourself up about the wings and beer...just start again today.

Skippy, sounds like that DVD is really hard. Good thinking about not doing it too often with your knee issues.

SDL, you are right about just getting out of the house being the hardest part of exercising. I always feel better once I do get up and get moving though!

Kimberly, sorry about your biking accident...ouch!

DeeJay, please share what the nutritionist says. I have a feeling you are not getting enough cals too.

Fieryred, I think Mondays are not a great day to weigh in either after weekend splurges.

appletini, hope you are feeling better!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Well, I''m new to this thread- but I''ve started today on my goal of losing 40 pounds. You can read more about it in my thread I started today here.

Anyway, I met with a personal trainer for 30 minutes today who kicked my butt- but I NEEDED it. I can''t believe how out of shape I''ve gotten! I''m only meeting with him once a week and then doing the rest on my own, but I''m excited to learn new exercises! I feel like my legs are going to give out on me right now, I can only imagine how sore I''ll be tomorrow...

My BFF gave me a link to this diet she saw on The Today Show- I would be interested to know your thoughts. Part of my problem is eating too much, so I wonder if this would be good for me since I always give up once I give in...
Up and Down Day Diet

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, I suck!! I am stress eating. I''ve got a pizza in the oven now, made one last night too. It has lighter than usual ingredients, but I know I don''t need to eat pizza twice in one week, let alone two days in a row! I kept myself from buying extra junk at the store, but I''m still not eating like I should. I''m just frustrated with JT''s surgery coming up (he had blood tests today), the #$&^% car, and trying to get everything in order for moving. And, I''m gaining back the weight that I lost (before the bad eating habits restarted.) We really want another baby, but it sucks to see that going off the pill is causing weight gain. And, frankly, I''m sick of being the person that everyone calls when they have bad days, or some other whiny thing. I''m glad that they feel like they can come to me, and I''m glad to be there for them, but I think there comes a time when it''s not healthy to have all the crap thrown at you!

Sorry for that, but I feel better.

Maybe I''ll have a salad before the pizza, that should help a bit....

Hope all is going well!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 6:55:18 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29

My BFF gave me a link to this diet she saw on The Today Show- I would be interested to know your thoughts. Part of my problem is eating too much, so I wonder if this would be good for me since I always give up once I give in...
Up and Down Day Diet
First, welcome! So happy to have you join us.

I looked over the website and I'm no nutritionist, but I have managed to lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off for a long time (6 years) I would not recommend such a diet. I am a big fan of moderation (eating healthy 90% of the time, splurging 10% of the time) and I think this diet misses the mark a bit. It also seems an easy way to self sabotage. I would be concerned about how your body might react to such extreme eating, both ways, from day to day.

I'm experimenting with barley again tonight. We're having italian sausage with a barley/mushroom/onion side dish. Yum!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something, you DO NOT suck!!! (Say that to yourself one hundred times!) So you ate something bad for you--specifically pizza--two days in a row. Guess what... so did I! But now we're over that. Tomorrow is a new day. And we might even *want* pizza tomorrow... but we ain't gonna have it!

GoingCrazy, first of all, welcome!
35.gif
Now about the diet. I an intrigued by (and possibly even subscribe to) the theory, to some degree at least. What I mean is, if your body gets used to X number of cals a day, over time your body leans to exist on those cals. But I have found for myself that I can't be good and eat a low number of cals every day or I don't lose weight; I have to mix it up a bit. For me that usually means the weekends are higher in cals, but in a perfect universe I would probably be higher on like Wednesday and Saturday. A few years ago when I went to WW there was a woman there who said basically the same thing in that if she always the same number of points every day she stopped losing weight, but if she threw in a couple of higher point days she kept losing. Now 20-50% less every other day seems a bit extreme to me, but what do I know?

Steph, good for you for losing six pounds! Yes, defintely do something to give you knees a break. They'll thank you for it!

Skippy, LOL on learning how to use the various remotes... can you send your DH to my house so I can figure ours out too?

Fieryred, if I ever have a hard time coming up with 1200 cals in a day I'll let you know, ha ha!

Lorelei, are you referring to the same Dynasty as in the 80s?

Apple, enjoy your PT tomorrow!

Michelle, I agree that Mondays are the worst days. When I went to WW it was always on a Wednesday.

Kimi, how goes the music on your new ipod?

Love, yes indeed, those occassional splurges make life worth living!

No word back from the nutritionist tonight so I guess my plan for tomorrow has been foiled...
8.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:22:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Something, you DO NOT suck!!! (Say that to yourself one hundred times!) So you ate something bad for you--specifically pizza--two days in a row. Guess what... so did I! But now we''re over that. Tomorrow is a new day. And we might even *want* pizza tomorrow... but we ain''t gonna have it!

Ain''t we???

Alright, we ain''t.

Thanks for that. For some reason that has completely lifted my night!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I think I will be sore tomorrow since I did that dvd and tonight walked 3.5 miles. Fun times
9.gif
hehe Hope everyone is having a great evening!!

LOVE2TRAVEL ~ Yay for the NFL season!! Ah a splurge once in awhile isn''t bad, keep up the good work!

MICHELLE SDL ~ I hope you got a nap in honey!!! Yay for exercise clothing, there is something about workout clothes that helps motivate me! hehe Happy shopping!
3.gif

LORELEI ~ yay for Dynasty and all those jewels! hehe Happy treadmilling!

KIMI ~ ouch to being sore, you poor sweetie pie!!! What songs did you buy? hehe Glad you Enjoyed your walk!

DEE*JAY ~ yay for an awesome elliptical workout! Go D, go!! LOL to teaching how to use the remotes too!!! Poo, to the nutritionist, hope you hear from them soon!

FIERYRED ~ yay for weighing in once a week, good idea!!! How is the dvd? Hope you had an awesome workout!

APPLE ~ yay for your walk and TBT! Hope you feel better, sweetie!

STEPH ~ wooo hooo for your runs!! Wow, awesome for losing 6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! How is Andrew liking school?

GOINGCRAZY ~ Welcome and glad you joined us!!! Great job on meeting w/the trainer!

SS ~ ah honey sending you a hug!!! I had pizza 2x last weeke too! hehe I love the stuff, cheers! Praying for you and JT!

ROD & MARCY, howdy friends
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........

It was a typical loong day, but a productive one. I was surprised that I woke up 3 minutes before the alarm went off. I still hate getting up at 6:30 AM. It's still dark outside and I just don't think people should have to get up in the dark.......so there......LOL Worked hard all day and left the office around 6 PM to meet Charlie for sushi. It was a great dinner. A good friend of ours and her daughter showed up and we enjoyed their company very much. It's amazing that we've known the daughter since she was 20 months old and now, she's a freshman in high school. She's a really attractive young lady inside and out. After dinner we had a cup of decaf at the quiter Sbucks, but no dessert. I wasn't in the mood for anything sweet.....imagine that!

Tomorrow will be a regular "uber" long Tuesday. I'll go to the gym right from work, which means I won't get home until well after 9:30 tomorrow night.

Lorelei.........great opener as usual. And just for you (and you should get this from the show you referenced while on the treddie). Da Ta Dah......Da Dah Ta Dah........! LOL

Yumm to wings and beer Loves2travel. I'm sure you'll work it off at the gym today!

I'm glad the new DVD was fun to work out to Skippy! Good idea to make sure you don't push your knees too much.

I hope the new advanced training goes well for you Michelle. Enjoy your morning walks!!

YAY for your new iPod Shuffle Kimberly. I'd be absolutely lost without mine when I'm on the elliptical. I'm sure you'll really enjoy yours a lot!!

Sounds like your running program is going really well for you Steph!! Good Job!!

DeeJay, me thinks you are not eating enough girl. You do at least an hour on the elliptical most days, which means you have the capacity to burn at least 600 calories during that hour, yet you're only consuming 1200 calories and in one hour you're burning half your daily intake. The numbers just don't add up and your body is likely thinking it's being starved and is holding on to every precious calory it can. I hope the nutritionist helps you.

Fiery, Tuesday's are a much better day for a weigh in over Monday!!

Welcome GoingCrazy. I'm afraid I'm not too fond of the diet approach your link led too. I don't personally think up and downing is a good way to lose weight. For one thing, it doesn't really change behavior, so once the weigt is lost, the tendancy to return to before diet eating is highly likely. Many of us here have lost significant weight. Kimberly (something like 60 pounds), Marcy (over 160 pounds) and I (65 pounds) have lost lot's of pounds over the last few years and I think one thing we all had in common was that we completely changed our eating habits. Slow and steady wins the race is something we've held to on this thread. There may be quick ways to lose weight, but they aren't usually the healthiest or most long lived. Anyway, that's my .02 worth, for whatever it's worth to you.

SS, YOU DO NOT SUCK. And don't ever think or believe you do. You're just having a stressful time and this too will pass. Just don't beat yourself up and just figure out how to deal with the stress the best you can. YOU DO NOT SUCK.

OK...enough from Rod. Have a nice night everyone. I'll try to check in tomorrow night, but it will be a short (well as short as I can be, which often isn't too short - LOL) checkin after my workout.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Decent weather day today so I ran this morning and had a nice walk this evening. And in honor of SDL, I made some gravy with our roast beef and mashed potatoes!
18.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the best part of my day; I have work, school and my online class done and I can catch up with my HLT friends. What a LONG day. It was cold too – 37 degrees when I left for work. Aak.
14.gif

I did scream this morning as I was up 2.4 pounds.
11.gif
See, that naughty, naughty I posted lasted night knew that salty food I ate this weekend would show up on the scale. Oh well, I don’t beat myself up for such things I just start again.
Panda, desserts do call my name but my slow churned ice cream and miniature candy bars keep me honest. The scale did give me heck but that’s okay I was good today staying in my calorie range.
Lorelei, thank you for the great opener. I think the thing that really helps me is eating the multiple small meals several times per day. I rarely get really hungry so I don’t overeat. On weekends when I save up calories for one big meal I definitely eat far more than I would if I’d eaten something small beforehand. Portion control is definitely high on my list of priorities as well.
Love2Travel, yes you do need to treat yourself now and then.
Skippy, I am glad you liked the new DVD and learned how the run the new TV remotes.
SanDiegoLady, I am glad you had a great walk.
Kimi, I hope you are feeling less achy tonight. I am pretty achy too – I’ve been walking and standing on concrete too much lately then stood at school tonight for 3 hours so I might take some advil before going to bed. I love wine too. The telescopes we gave to the teacher were donated to us. A couple was moving to Wyoming last summer and he died. He had 6 telescopes and lots of eyepieces. His wife contacted us about giving us the scopes last summer then we never heard from her again until a few weeks ago. Her BIL took the largest scope and kept most of the eyepieces. We went over last weekend and picked up the other 5 scopes. She gave us a 10 inch, three 8 inch and a small telescope with a few eyepieces. We are keeping one of the 8” to use for the club so Marty doesn’t have to get out his 20” scope for the meetings. The rest we gave to the teacher to use at a junior high school.
DeeJay, congratulations on losing 9 pounds since July! Good luck with the nutritionist.
Fieryred, Monday’s are my worst weigh ins but I weigh every day. I hope you enjoyed your DVD. I watch TV when I’m on the treddie.
Appletini, it sounds like you got in a some great exercise today. I hope you are back to 100% soon.
Steph, yay for some nice, long runs around your neighborhood.
Welcome to the thread Going Crazy. Good luck on reaching your goal. It sounds like you found a great trainer. I am kind of like DeeJay in that I eat more on weekends but really watch it during the week. I too think you should vary your calories sometimes to shake up your system.
Somethingshiny, don’t be hard yourself. I ate my other 2 pieces of pizza for supper today. I didn’t eat the crust and had raw veggies with it and it was a small, personal pizza so worked in my calorie range.
Rod, it sounds like you had a long day but how nice to catch up with some friends for dinner.
Sharon, glad you had a nice day. I am leaving a roast beef to cook in the crock pot tomorrow, we''ll also have baked potatoes and a little bit of gravy. I love coming home to a meal that requires very little work.
Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 10:20:27 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.........

Lorelei.........great opener as usual. And just for you (and you should get this from the show you referenced while on the treddie). Da Ta Dah......Da Dah Ta Dah........! LOL
Hahaha!!!
9.gif
I only have season one and I am desperate for more, I think an Amazon order might be in order.....
31.gif
Yes Miss Dee, that is the eighties shoulder pad Dynasty I am watching!
16.gif

Sshiny YOU DO NOT SUCK!!!!
38.gif
I think you are rather special actually!

Welcome GC!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Tuesday Morning! I am taking the day off from running to give my knees a rest. I am about to take Andrew up to the pool though and hopefully will get some exercise in there while playing with him. I will go for a walk after dinner too. Man, I am so glad to be off those steroids. It is amazing how different my appetite is now that I am not taking them. I actually feel full after I eat! I was down another lb this morning. Just 4 more to go to get back to where I was before the medicine. I think a lot of it was water weight as I felt "puffy" all over. Anyway, thank goodness the allergic reactions have stopped although the exact source is still unknown. I have to make an appointment with an allergist to determine what it is exactly that I am allergic to. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Going Crazy, welcome to the thread. You will find lots of support and encouragement here.

SS, you don''t suck. I am an emotional eater too. I put on about 10 lbs. while moving at the beginning of the year. You have had lots of stress in your life, just remember to take a deep breath and that everything WILL get better. Do you have any alone time at all? I know that helps me that when Adam gets home at night or in the morning before he goes to work, I try to take 20-30 mins to walk or run outside just to have some "me time." As a stay-at-home mom, it is really the only time I am ever alone and it really helps me.

Kimberly, I have never tried barley. How did your mushroom dish turn out? I love mushrooms.

Dee, sorry you didn''t hear back from the nutritionist. Please let us know what she says when you hear from her.

Skippy, wow a dvd and 3.5 miles...you go girly! Andrew is looooving school! He wants to go everyday, but he only goes twice a week! Thanks for asking!

Rod, glad you had a great sushi dinner with Charlie. I haven''t been back for sushi since I had that bad allergic reaction after our last time out, but I am soooo craving some good spicy tuna rolls! Don''t work too hard today!

Sharon, all this talk of mashed potatoes and gravy has me craving some. I think I might make some this weekend, yum!

Marcy, wow 37 degrees? I can''t even imagine that. It is supposed to be 90 here today. I will be glad when it starts to cool down a bit though. No worries about the 2 lbs....I''m sure it is just water weight from salty foods. When I eat something high in sodium, I can wake up the next morning and be up 5-6 lbs. It always happens when I eat soup out at Panera bread. I''m sure they will be gone really quickly.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I am SO SORE today! I can barely walk, my thighs feel like jello! I don''t know how I''m going to practice for my softball team tonight!! OUCH...

.... but I love it! I feel like I''m actually doing something!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results