shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Dec till 14th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Everyone is doing so well! I wanted to say I am so glad to see everyone really working hard to make good choices with the Holidays so close, it WILL make a difference. It can be tempting to think " well its Dec and lots of food around, and I might as well not bother for this month..." but it does all make a difference. It is well worth treating your body as well as you can to help keep you healthy, fit and strong even if extra food and temptation abounds, in fact IMO that is an excellent reason to strive even harder to make good choices so that you can enjoy some of the treats you really like without guilt.

Keep your strategies in mind for navigating all the Holiday goodies as the feeling of being in control can really help. Also don't forget to be good to yourselves! Many of us have worked so hard this past year at trying to improve our health, body weights and fitness, enjoy what you have achieved and flaunt it!! Wear some fabulous clothes or buy some
11.gif
, do your hair, nails, perfume etc and be the best ' you' that you can be! You deserve it!

But just keep on working away towards your goals, yes there will be extra challenges ahead but with a little planning you can keep on track and still partake of some festive fare!

Have a great week
35.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Morning Lor!
emrose.gif

I agree, there is no need to stuff face during the Holidays. That way of thinking is bred into us from birth: the Holidays are a time to celebrate, and we celebrate by eating! Celebration does not have to equate to gorging and post-gorging guilt! I do love those "Russian teacake" cookies, though. It''s a good thing none have been placed in my line of vision yet.
9.gif

So I went to yoga yesterday morning which was good. I think it was better because I ate some oatmeal ten minutes before I left. Oatmeal is slow-burning, I''ve heard. Also my friend referred me to a personal trainer, so I''m going to meet him today after work to see if we can do anything about my thigh squish. Clearly I don''t have the discipline to squat/lunge it alone, so if he doesn''t cost a small fortune, mayhaps he can be my new motiviation.
41.gif

A good Monday to you all.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Morning and happy new week all! Wonderful opening, as always.

It''s AMAZING to me how much food is around this time of year. Office folks seem to be the worst, at least in my experience. I spend 9 hours a day sitting, and then there''s all this food. Crazy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 8:11:44 AM
Author: Julianna
Morning Lor!
emrose.gif

I agree, there is no need to stuff face during the Holidays. That way of thinking is bred into us from birth: the Holidays are a time to celebrate, and we celebrate by eating! Celebration does not have to equate to gorging and post-gorging guilt! I do love those 'Russian teacake' cookies, though. It's a good thing none have been placed in my line of vision yet.
9.gif

So I went to yoga yesterday morning which was good. I think it was better because I ate some oatmeal ten minutes before I left. Oatmeal is slow-burning, I've heard. Also my friend referred me to a personal trainer, so I'm going to meet him today after work to see if we can do anything about my thigh squish. Clearly I don't have the discipline to squat/lunge it alone, so if he doesn't cost a small fortune, mayhaps he can be my new motiviation.
41.gif

A good Monday to you all.
Mornin' Jules!!!
35.gif

Totally agree, that is how it was for me through my life during the Hols, eat and eat and eat and eat, in fact always positively encouraged to do so and I would always feel so sick afterwards....
emotion-41.gif
Full breakfast with various goodies throughout the morning, Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, sherry trifle, christmas pudding, mince pies, chocolates, sausage rolls, etc etc etc all in one day.....
32.gif
Now certain family members roll eyes because I will only eat what I want over three Christmas days, but this is the way that works for me!

Gecks, I hope you are feeling better!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei. I''m hangin in there. Spent the entire weekend curled up in jammies eating soup.
40.gif
I didn''t even leave my apartment.
20.gif
Resting seems to have helped though! I''ll kick this silly cold yet!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 8:34:05 AM
Author: Lorelei

Mornin'' Jules!!!
35.gif

Totally agree, that is how it was for me through my life during the Hols, eat and eat and eat and eat, in fact always positively encouraged to do so and I would always feel so sick afterwards....
emotion-41.gif
Full breakfast with various goodies throughout the morning, Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, sherry trifle, christmas pudding, mince pies, chocolates, sausage rolls, etc etc etc all in one day.....
32.gif
Now certain family members roll eyes because I will only eat what I want over three Christmas days, but this is the way that works for me!

Gecks, I hope you are feeling better!
I''m with you, I barely ate a thing at Thanksgiving dinner. I had a little turkey and a little bit of potatoes and some rolls (Three! Mom''s rolls are killer!) and dessert and that was about it. There were about 25 dishes to choose from, but I don''t care to eat for the sake of eating. My tummy doesn''t hold very much, no need to stretch it out! Luckily everyone else was too busy enjoying their own food to judge my plate contents. Heh heh. I did feel slightly bad for not indulging because of the huge amount of effort that my mom and her husband put into the meal, but luckily there were 11 other people there to participate in the deliciousness.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I am so tired of all the food at work too! It stares at me all day!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a decent one, nothing too exciting.

I am about to go on a new med that can cause weight gain
39.gif
so I am going to have to be SUPER vigilant about what I eat.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! Work is super busy, so I will keep this short. I keep saying I need to start exercising again but use the excuse of being too busy...this weekend I started working out at home instead of putting it off any longer. I''ve just been doing basic calisthenic-type exercises, i.e. pushups, squats, crunches, etc. for about 15 minutes each night. I feel like I will at least tone myself a bit, and it doesn''t take too much time. That''s all I have to report for now...hope everyone has a great week!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

We''re just going to write the entire last weekend off as water under the bridge and stat anew today, LOL. As of this morning I''m back at 130
39.gif
but I WILL be good this week... well, at least until the first of this week''s parties starts on Thursday night...

This morning I did a hard hour on the dreadmill and some arms. My rotator cuff is hurting a bit so I''m not doing that machine for a little while.

Today I have to address some more holiday cards, figure out what to buy for my clients, start wrapping the gits that we need to send out, and... and... and... !!! I would say thank god December is a slow month in real estate so I can get this type of stuff done but I got a call from a client while I was at the gym that she wants to write an offer on something this week--Not that I''m complaining though!

Gott hop, be back later!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Morning all. Happy new week. It''s still cold here in Chicago, but I''ve rounded up a new posse to go to hot room yoga with me. Sister''s on travel until Thursday. It''ll be me, and 3 other friends :) I didn''t make it to yoga yesterday. I had a lazy morning, the dog woke me at 5AM for breakfast, 6AM to go out, then I woke up at 9AM, but I was too lazy to go to yoga. I totally should have because James was so hung over. And lolled around in bed until 11:30.

Why is it that the only thing guys will get out of bed for is football??? God, it''s so frustrating!!! Anyway, I did NOT feel like making lunch so James snacked etc until 3. I made tomato soup and he made his own grilled cheese sandwich. We had that for a late lunch, and then sister came over and we made some stir fried bean thread noodles for dinner. Watched a bit of a movie at home and called it a day. Oh and I decorated my Christmas tree. :)

Since Skippy asked, here''s a picture of my haircut after I blow-dried it. This is a day and a half after being styled, it''s not perfect, but you get the idea of the haircut. It''s nice, so long as it''s blown out.

lmlP1010106.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
llaing, your hair looks gorgeous on you!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei :) It took a while for me to like it, I guess it''s just that I have to blow dry it. I work from home, so I never have a reason to. Maybe I should just do it anyway, just for kicks :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 12:17:48 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Thanks Lorelei :) It took a while for me to like it, I guess it's just that I have to blow dry it. I work from home, so I never have a reason to. Maybe I should just do it anyway, just for kicks :)
LOL! I have a long bob which I rarely style, being in such a wet climate, and as I am outside so much it doesn't stay looking good for long, so I tend to wear a ponytail or bun daily - so much easier! Actually I tell a fib, I don't blow dry it so much as let it dry naturally then use my straighteners which is a good dodge, saves some time!

It really looks lovely on you!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Lorelei great opener. I decided to do a bit of a different challenge this week. This on involves fitness. I want everyone to take at least a half an hour EVERY DAY to make time to do SOME KIND of exercise. You can power walk, sculpt, dance, do yoga, jog, jump rope. I don''t care what it is, but I want a log each day of what you did for thirty mins. or more.

Yesterday SO and I went hiking in the woods, it was lots of fun and we saw over 20 deer! Today I got up and did 15 mins of Jillian but had to stop thanks to cramps. So I''m re-doing it tonight and doing yoga.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning friends or maybe afternoon depending which coast you are on.
2.gif
It is cold and rainy today. I had a super busy weekend; I decided to tackle Christmas cards, and wrapping presents to ship to the in laws. I also went to a friends Christmas party which was a lot of fun, nice holiday music and the house had 4 Christmas trees which put me in the holiday spirit.

I did something I am proud of at the party. I took in some chopped celery and lots of carrots (a platter) to the party. When I got to the party I ate some of my veggies and picked a low cal soup and then for dessert a little piece of fudge. They had so many desserts but the fudge hit the spot! hehe
9.gif

Everyone sounds like you are doing awesome, kudos for your healthy strides; have a wonderful day too!
35.gif

FYI, a Charlie Brown Christmas is on ABC tonight. hehe
41.gif

LORELEI, you are so right with your opening; I think the 600 extra calories a day during th holidays were eye opening for me. I think it is pretty easy to loss track or at least for me so all these reminders are excellent. I agree with the little planning, like my veggie platter and it wasn't hard to do. Awesome opener friend!!!!

MARCY, love your holiday song! hehe Yay for being done w/shopping!

ROD, lots and lots of job dust for Charlie dear friend!!!

JULIANNA, great, note; I remember I talked to my friend once on how he always stays healthy and he says think of food as fuel (along the lines of what you said), cars don't work any better on extra fuel, etc. Great reminder!! Yay for yoga, I bet it makes you feel great! LOL, my moms rolls are killer too!

GECKO, I think office food pushers are the worst, sorry you have that going on. Sending you stay strong vibes.

MISCKA, oh no, I will pray it doesn't have that side effect on you.

MONNIE, yay for the calisthenics, miss skinny!

DEEJAY, you look awesome in your pic, you will kick that lb to the curb soon! Yay for the workout. Oh no, be careful and rest the arm. You sound like me this weekend, holiday cheer or maybe a little bah humbugging I did to wrapping. hehe
2.gif

LLIANG, yay for yoga! Your hair looks a bit like mine with the layers, beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!

DRAGONFLY, Yay for your uber workout, you rock!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone.

First off, I just want to apologise for being SO scarce over the last two weeks. Life has been hectic and right now I feel pretty miserable. We had to have Digit put to sleep last Thursday as his condition worsened and his quality of life suffered a heck of a lot. We're still getting over that to discover that our other hamster, Berry is suddenly deteriorating. I think she needs a trip to the vet first thing tomorrow as it looks like it MIGHT be wet tail, which is fatal to hamsters. She is displaying most of the symptoms. She was fine till Digit died, and immediately after has become weak and poorly herself. If anything happens to her in the next few days/weeks I will be devastated. Two losses so close together will be hard to deal with.

I am coming down with a cold today too so I feel lower thank normal.

It's a shame because I have had a great weekend away with my Mum. We went to Lincoln Christmas market which was great - but FREEZING. No wonder I am coming down with a cold.

Ross is in a foul mood tonight too. He's sulking in bed while I sit here wondering what the heck I did to make him feel like that. In truth I have done NOTHING though, nothing to make him react like he has been doing tonight.

Anyway enough whining. The healthy lifestyle has gone right out of the window lately. I won't make excuses because things have been tough lately. I shall take full responsibility for not following thorugh with my intentions.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the great opener, Lorelei!

We went to a dessert party this weekend and there were so many fantastic looking treats. My husband and I hadn''t had dinner yet, but we did pretty well at the party. We split a few things and then were done. We did end up getting Chinese for dinner after the party, but I just had sushi. It was a fun night. It helped to remember what my husband said to me once (I''ve posted it here too): "having more won''t taste any different or any better." It was good to keep that reminder in the back of my head as my eyes grazed the dessert table.

We went to the gym yesterday and I actually sort of jogged on the treadmill. I''m sure it wouldn''t count to a "real" runner, but it definitely counted in my book. I usually walk anywhere from 2.5-3.0, and this time I put it to 3.4. It could have been either a really fast walk (I''m short and have short legs) or a slow jog. I opted for the jog. I didn''t last long but I tried it a few times during my time on the treadmill. I think I''ll even try it again.

Julianna -- are Russian tea cakes the same as Mexian wedding balls? They''re off-white in color, and they have nuts in them and they''re rolled in powdered sugar. They can be dry at times if they''re not done quite right. I love them when they''re not dry. Yum.

Gecko -- You''re right -- it IS crazy how much food there is at this time of year. I''ve mentioned how someone at work always brings in a cake every Wednesday. Well, besides that, we have now gotten used to looking for treats on other days of the week, too. Today we had chocolate chip zucchini bread. I had a bite. It was good. Oh, someone else brought in clementines. I love that person! I had two. I hope you feel better soon!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I just finished reading the thread.

Lliang -- great hair cut! It looks very nice.

Hi Miscka and Monarch!

Dee Jay -- I know with this economy the way it is, real estate isn''t moving too quickly. Do you think it will pick up again (even slightly) after the holidays or do you think it will be a LONG time before houses are selling again? Just curious. Oh, I also wanted to mention that I love your haircut! I saw it on last week''s thread but I forgot to mention it then.

Hi Dragon! I WAS planning on going to the gym after work this afternoon but it was just too cold. But really...it was only 12 degrees. Brrrrr....I know, bad excuse. That doesn''t even make sense, but I just wanted to get home and bundle up in my jammies and a nice warm blanket. I''ll probably do a few crunches tonight if I get motivated to move off the couch.

Hi Skippy! I''m sure my kids will come in tomorrow morning talking about the Charlie Brown special. I may even watch it! Good job at the party!

SDL -- you''ve done really well! Congrats!!!

MM -- I''m sorry for your loss. It''s always hard when a pet passes away, and I hope Berry pulls through.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys!

Great haircut, lliang, super cute!

Dee, I''ll write off last week two as I only made it to the gym 1/2 as much as I wanted to. Hooray for writing an offer.

Merry, life gets in the way of being here sometimes, we all have that happen, no need to apologize. Hope Ross cheers up.

Great job working out, Zoe! You can call your jog whatever you want, it''s a sprint if that helps motivate you!

Lorelei thanks for the reminders, as I''m oogling over menus for a trip we have planned post Christmas. I will definitely have some weigh to lose afterwards, but I''m looknig forward to it anyways.

So I made it to the gym today, no mishaps. Worked out for 1.5 hours. We got new weight machines, I LOVE THEM! I''m making butternut squash risotto for dinner. J has been coughing/hacking for 8 days, poor man!

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........It was a long day, but kind of a boring one. Things at work are really slow as company''s just aren''t opening up opportunities for the most part till after the 1st of the year. I wound up doing research all day, which to me wasn''t that much fun. At least no one in our office seems to have caught the holiday baking bug. Not that I would indulge if they did, but after reading how some of you have offices filled with "holiday caloric cheer" it makes me glad there isn''t anything fattening in our office. I left work around 6 and met Charlie at favorite sushi place #2 and we had a really nice dinner. Then we stopped off at Sbucks for a cup of decaf. Charlie was off today, and he put up the Christmas tree. Actually, he''s still decorating, as our tree is an all day project. It''s so pretty. We have so many glass ornaments we''ve collected over the years and it''s filled with so many twinkling lights. He uses glass beads as garland and there are girds and butterflies throughout. It''s magical......at least to me. We''re not buying much to put under the tree this year. We used to joke how we single handedly kept the economy going when we had high paying jobs, but I''m afraid we don''t make what we used to, so everyone else has to do their fare share and keep the economy alive. Like Marcy and Marty!! Tomorrow''s an ''uber'' Tuesday for me as I''ll go directly from the office to the gym for my usual 3 hour workout.

Wonderful opening as usual Lorelei!! We are going to a holiday party Friday night and it''s a catered affair, so I know I''ll likely indulge a bit, but I know I''ll be back to my healthy routine on Saturday, including an extra hard workout at the gym to burn whatever extra calories I consumed.

Hey Julianna! Oatmeal is an excellent food choice before a workout. I had to chuckle over the reference to the Russian Teacake cookies! My mother makes those as well. She actually made about a million holiday cookies. It''s no wonder I was a "big" boy. My mom loved to bake more than anything else and our entire family was hefty as a result.

Hey gecko!! Sorry you have to be surrounded by so much food at work.

I hope the new med you''re going on doesn''t promote weight gain Miscka. I ran into a guy who used to work out at our gym and he''s gotten huge. I guess he was embarrased and he offered that he''d been put on a new prescription that makes gaining weight almot impossible to avoid. Of course, he stopped working out at the gym, but maybe whatever the medecine is for won''t permit working out?? Anyway, be careful.

Hey Monnie. It''s nice to hear you say work is super busy!! And YAY for starting work out again. I''m so glad your life is going so well. You truly deserve it my dear!

DeeJay, I''m sure the weight will melt off you quickly. Take care of your shoulder. Rotator Cuff issues are nothing to ignore for sure. Yay for an offer during these tough times!!

Lliang......you''re adorable!!

Thanks for the challenge dragon. I don''t know if I can do 30 minutes every day as I work out pretty hard on the days I workout. But, I have been trying to add more cardio on non-gym days lately.

Skippy, you were such a good gril at the party taking your own veggies!! I''m sorry it''s cold and rainy there. It was beautiful here in Tampa!! Thanks for the job dust for Charlie!

Hi Michelle! We''ve missed you too! I''m so proud of you for losing over 16 pounds and for deciding to lose over 13 more!! I hope life is calmer for you now?

I''m glad to see you back Merrymunky! I''m sorry you had to have Digit put down and I hope Berry get''s better. I''m sure you''ll find the healthy lifestyle again. Just stick around. Being accountable daily really does make a big difference. And I hope you don''t catch cold.

Hey Zoe. Did you see my post last week with my company name so your hubby can contact me? YAY for jogging for the first time!! Of course it counted. I remember the first time I ran after I started "Rebuild Rod." I could barely run a couple blocks and now I can run 4 or 5 miles easily. It just takes getting started and continuing to build on! Keep it up!

Yay for a 1.5 hour workout and new weight machines that you love Kimberly!!

OK.....That does it for me for today. Have a great Tuesday everyone. I''ll check in tomorrow night, but it will be late and short.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.What a LONG day.It’s after midnight on this cold and snowy night.I am working from home tomorrow so hopefully I will sleep in.

Lorelei, great opener with so many wonderful points.One of my major temptations are my homemade cookies and since I am the family cookie baker I have to bake cookies.So I allow myself one hot cookie of each kind I bake.If my calories allow I might even have 2 but that’s it.They go in the freezer and I don’t see them again until my family Christmas.

Julianna, I hope you like your new trainer.

Geckodani, I noticed the goodies are starting to show up at work too_One of my students brought me a plate of goodies tonight – I immediately thanked him and put the plate out for everyone to enjoy.I hope you feel better soon.

Miscka, good luck with the new medicine.

Monnie, good plan to start doing some exercises at home.

DeeJay, I hope your arm feels better soon.

Lliang, your new hairdo looks marvelous.Grilled cheese and soup sounds yummy especially since it’s 6 degrees outside right now.

Dragonfly, how cool you saw so many deer on your hike.

Skippy, you were so good at the party.Woo hoo for you!I recorded Charlie Brown and will try to watch it tomorrow.I am glad you like my song.

SanDiegoLady, congratulations on losing 16.6 pounds so far.That is awesome.

MerryMunky, so sorry to hear about your hamster and I hope the other one gets better soon.

Zoe, I was excited to see clemintines back in the store.They are so yummy.

Kimi, yay for making it to the gym.I hope J gets better soon.

Rod, your tree sounds pretty and magical.LOL at M&M keeping the economy going.We’ve done our share this year all right – the guilt abounds sometimes but we keep going back for more.

Well, my stomach is growling, I am freezing and it is 12:23 am so I am off to bed.

Take care.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Rod -- Yes, I did see your info. Thanks so much! My husband''s been meeting with head hunters up here and while they''ve referred him to a couple of different positions, nothing''s panned out so far. He''s waiting right now for a few companies to set up interviews, but with the holidays coming up, who knows when they''ll meet. I''ll google your company and send the contact info to my husband. Thanks again!! Your tree sounds really pretty!

Hi Kim -- Where are you planning on going after Christmas? Chicago? 1.5 hours at the gym yesterday! Wow -- good for you!

Hi Marcy -- I love clementines, and I''m also glad to see them again.

I''ve been in a BAH HUMBUG kind of mood lately. My kids are bouncing off the walls, they''re so excited for Christmas, but I can''t get in the festive mood. We thought we were going to NC over my vacation week but we''ve decided to wait until there''s a need to. If my husband finds something down there, then we''ll go. Otherwise, we''d be going without much of a plan (or $ saved for the trip), and that didn''t seem like the smartest idea.

It''s funny, some of my kids have begun to question Santa. It happens every year. I said that not only do I believe in Santa, but I also believe in the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, the tooth fairy, fairies in general (my girls LOVE fairies!), and elves. There I was, arguing with one of my seven year olds about whether they''re real. She''s a skeptic. For the sake of everyone else who fully believes, I had to win that argument.
9.gif

Off to work -- have a good day!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone! Well I love my new personal trainer. We did a total body workout, which took about an hour and a half. He says he thinks we can whip my squishy bits into shape fairly quickly, and is writing me up a plan for when I see him again Friday. He says I shouldn't lose much weight (or much fat; apparently I must retain enough so, if I get sick, my body won't eat itself...) we're just building muscle to displace some of the thigh squoosh. YAY I can't wait to have hot legs. It's my ultimate fitness goal: fabulous legs. HEE!

SO today my biceps and triceps and pecs hurt like the dickens but surprisingly my abs and legs remain unscathed. I was hoping for massive booty pain (we even did a machine called the "butt blaster"!), but no dice. Guess I'll have to kill it on Friday.

Zoe: Yeppers those are the cookies in question. When they're done right, they are lethal. And for some reason, no one makes them except around Christmas time.

lliang: Fantastic haircut. It looks so put-together, like every hair is supposed to be where it is. Also, your hair is gorgeous in general! It looks marvelous and thick.

Hey dragonfly: You are so motivated! You're always on here cheering everyone on. Part of my workout last night was three sets of 12 really craptastic plie squats with a kettleball. You'd have been proud.
41.gif

Skippers! Way to eat veggies at a Christmas party! Your self restraint is outstanding. I don't know if I could do the same.
emlove.gif

mmunky: Don't be too hard on yourself. It's horrible to lose a pet.
7.gif
Hope your other hamster comes through her illness ok. Glad you had a good weekend, anyway.

Rod, I totally thought of you during my ACTUAL workout last night. It's the only actual workout with weights and so on that I've done in my life! I was feeling very Rod-like on the pec machine, it seemed like a machine you might use in your ultra-manly workout.
9.gif
And the fact that it took more than an hour to do my workout...that was very Rod-like too.

Hey marcy! I can't believe you eat one...lone...cookie of each batch. It's that kind of discipline that made you into the foxy mama you are today. That's unbelievable.

Ok folks, off to do something work-related.
4.gif
Have a good Tuesday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 6:33:07 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett

Hi Kim -- Where are you planning on going after Christmas? Chicago? 1.5 hours at the gym yesterday! Wow -- good for you!
Hey Zoe, we''re going to NYC this year, the first in three we won''t be headed to Chicago during the holiday season. We''ve got some great things planned and I''m really looknig forward to it, but it will be strange not seeing A Christmas Carol at The Goodman.

Today is my long day, work then afterschool program and I''m in charge of setting up, so no gym time. Have a great one!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Today is going to be more productive than yesterday--that's my vow! Seriously, I don't know where all the hours slipped off to yesterday, but suddenly they were *gone*...

This morning I did a hard hour on the elliptical. For some reason the heart rate sensor stopped working about half way into it, but I know I had my rate up there pretty good the whole time. Must pay penance for last weekend, LOL!

I tried on all my black tie clothes for a party I have to go to on Thursday and I do have one outfit that would *work*... but I don't love it. I may have to bolt off and find something else. Just some black velvet pants and a top, but that might sound easier than it really is. We'll see...

Not much else to report. Headed upstairs now (away from the computer!) to address about a gazillion more holiday cards. Can you say "writer's cramp"?!?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

So the bikram posse dwindled down to just two of us. Today one of our posse members that couldn''t make it so going to go, so I''m going to join her. Bikram 2 days in a row! I''ll let you all know how it goes.
3.gif
Yesterday I had a big salad and some leftovers for lunch. Went to bikram and then made some chicken tortilla soup for dinner. I only drank 2L of water, so I felt a little dehydrated at yoga.

Thanks everyone for commenting on my haircut. I didn''t blow dry it today, so I''m back in the Blah feeling towards it. Ha ha.

MerryMunky, sorry things are kind tough. We''re here to help you out! I hope Ross is in a better mood today. James was really grumpy last night too. I dunno, must''ve been something in the air. Ha ha
Zoe, Wow! great self control at the party. I keep trying to remember that adage you posted. It helps sometimes, but sometimes I can''t help myself
KimberlyH, hope J feels better. Butternut squash risotto sounds great. I think I''m going to make a butternut squash briyani tonight. I need to use mine up. Anyone have any good pie pumpkin recipes?
Rod, hope your uber day goes well. I know what you mean about splurging on presents, I''m really trying to cut back this year.
MarcyC, I think I''m going to need to bug you for your holiday cookie recipes.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gday all! Sorry so late, just been busy at work, finally have two seconds. Well last night I did about 20 mins of yoga before the sequence on yoga today got too advanced. It was ok, I had to reorganize coupons anyways.Today I got up and did a 10 min mile and some serious uphill work on the Tread mill. It felt awesome!! Tonight I''m doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and having SO help me stretch some. Been eating great.
Brown for bread, cinnamon and oatmeal
orange - orange
white - turkey and cheese
yellow - mustard
green - green beans and celery
not sure what dinner is tonight. I had teat and OJ today too for extra vitamins and antioxidants.
My cousin has always been extremely fit, so last night I asked her secret. She said she walks at least an hour as often as she can if not jogs and does squats when she cooks. She fits in lunges when blowing her hair dry. She just does extras here and there, and eats healthy. Weights a couple times a week and a few crunches. Lucky girl lol.
Skippy - I just love fudge!!! How are you today?
SDL - GL with your new goal! you can do it! GO GO GO
Merry - so sorry about digit and the other. Go get you some vitamin c, tea and curl up on the couch and just relax dearest.
Zoe - baby steps! GJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started out and I couldn''t even run 2 mins without stopping and now I''m running a couple miles at a time. Have you thought of yoga at all? It''s something you could do indoors and it helps me go to sleep at night.
Kimberly - always gotta love new equipment!
Rod - no worries you work out like a madman lol. have you tried the Sbucks skinnies?
Marcy - 1 cookie won''t hurt, everyone deserves a treat now and again ; )
Julianna - so glad you like your new trainer. I wish I had a kettle ball to play around with! I did yoga last night. I''m sure your plie''s were just fine!
Dee - does it maybe need new batteries in the light area?
Liang - they say to drink a lot after yoga, because it gets your metabolism moving, and your body sweats.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, it''s crazy around here (which is becoming par for the course!) and I haven''t had any time for my yoga
7.gif
. My hope was to set up a yoga area in the basement so I don''t have to drag stuff out when it''s time to exercise (saving 5 minutes would help!). But, as some of you know, the radon levels in our basement are really high and we have to do a repair before we should spend much time down there. So, I''ve taken to keeping my yoga mat in the bottom of my pantry! Now, if I reach for a snack, I should just reach for the mat!! Can''t say it''s working well yet, but it has made me feel guilty!
2.gif

Hope all of you have a great week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off to muscle hour; I had something weird happen today, more to come late.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results