shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 3rd Nov till 9th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 8:41:39 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Hi everyone! Yesterday my sister came over during the day and told me about her trip etc. I'm glad she came over because James didn't come home until like 10:30, so I would've been really lonely if I was just by myself the entire day. Anyway, dinner was a thin cut pork chop, and some sauteed leafy veggies. Didn't get any workouts in.

Dragon, yay! pictures of your piggy. What's her name?
KimberlyH, great for the treadmill love. Still dont' have that yet, but I'm working on it.
Rob & Marcy, I'm in the 'snow belongs on a mountain' camp. It hasn't started snowing yet, but it probably will soon.

Today will be rainy, boooo. Maybe I'll try swimming today at the local pool.
I am so jealous of all this talk of snow!!
39.gif
Stay warm Miss Marcy, I know you aren't keen on cold weather!

llaing - you are on a roll, well done you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I wish I liked swimming but I absolutely hate it unfortunately.

Rod - I am cracking up at " snow should be looked at but never touched..." hahaha!!!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 4:19:10 PM
Author: dragonfly411

Julianna - DID YOU DO YOUR CHALLENGE CUZ I DID!
I did the first night but not last night.
emembarrassed.gif
I was so tired last night because Tuesday night I didn''t get any sleep. I woke up pretty much every hour and had to talk myself out of turning on the TV to see who was victorious. So last night I was a useless lump and did nothing resembling exercise. I did fix a problem with my toilet, but that doesn''t really qualify as lunges or sqats.

NOT TO WORRY! I''ll be back in the saddle today! Fabulous thighs, here I come!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 8:58:08 AM
Author: Julianna

Date: 11/5/2008 4:19:10 PM

Julianna - DID YOU DO YOUR CHALLENGE CUZ I DID!
I did the first night but not last night.
emembarrassed.gif
I was so tired last night because Tuesday night I didn''t get any sleep. I woke up pretty much every hour and had to talk myself out of turning on the TV to see who was victorious. So last night I was a useless lump and did nothing resembling exercise. I did fix a problem with my toilet, but that doesn''t really qualify as lunges or sqats.

NOT TO WORRY! I''ll be back in the saddle today! Fabulous thighs, here I come!
Has the Habanita arrived yet???
31.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I hate swimming too.
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 9:22:30 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Yeah I hate swimming too.
14.gif
Glad I am not alone! I can swim, but I have never felt safe in the water, and panic a bit, so I just as soon not bother!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Flyby - work has been interesting lately, and is keeping me busy. I''m still trudging along the healthy path, LOL.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all. It is cold here and I heard it snowed 2 hrs north of us. Nothing too exciting here. I might just stay in but I do have to go to the post office. We have chicken, veggie lentil soup; I will write up the recipe in Mara's Healthy recipe thread if anyone is interested. Have a FABULOUS DAY All!!!!!
35.gif

LORELEI ~ great opener!

DRAGON ~ I am great; how are you? Yay for your jog; how is your sweet piggie? hugs the pig is darling!!!

ILOVEASSCHERS ~ yum your dinner sounds yummy. Ah, 2 kitties, how cute!

MARCY ~ it snowed a couple hours north of us. Stay warm. Yum your dinner sounds yummy!!! Thanks, I talked to my nephew on the phone and he wanted to come back to my house to play. hehe Of course that made me happy!

STEPH ~ hope yours and Andrews birthday was wonderful
emcake.gif
hugs, friend!

KIMI ~ I know; I have to tell my nephew we are going on a long walk to get him in the baby jogger. He rather walk though and I did let him walk w/me; we went for 2 walks so he got exercise too. hehe Ah, well my nephew is gone; they went to PHX. I hope you had a wonderful time with your sweet nephew; I bet he is getting big!

ROD ~ I enjoyed Obama's speech too the night before so I was sleepy too; I hope you slept well. YUMMO to meatloaf. Yay for gym night dear friend!

LLIANGCHI ~ your dinner sounds yummy!! Glad your sis visited.

JULIANNA ~ howdy chickadee. Oh I hope you sleep better!

GECKO ~ yay for doing awesome on your healthy day!

SDL ~ you always look fab!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all.... well I have some not so encouraging news. My piggy got worse yesterday
39.gif
. The cut on her ear runs down into her ear and the fluid drainage seems to be knocking her equilibrium off and she isn''t getting up much on her own. At this point this could become troublesome because it will prevent bowel movements as much and she has to be hand fed with a syringe. The vet said to keep doing what we are doing and watch her. We are doing betadine and peroxide on the ear, though trying not to let it drain INTO the ear too much. We''re also doing antibiotics and baby aspirin in the syringe with mashed bananas. She''s eating what we feed her.... as a matter of fact... she''s eating like a HOG what we feed her, and she''s drinking and talking, just not moving. If she isn''t able to get up in the next day or so we might end up having to let her go, simply because of all of the problems that could occur long term. So I didn''t work out last night because I was feeding my girlie some bananas
7.gif
::sniffle::

Today we''re going to give her more bananas and creamed corn in the syringe (her two favorites), and basically just watch her. I had a dream last night that she got up today when I got off work
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I''m trying to remember that she IS a pig, and we DID originally get her with all intentions of either selling or breeding her, and she ISN"T a house pet, but they grow on you. All animals have a personality to me... so it''s hard. It''s like having one of my horses sick. I know they look to us for support. If we have to let her go we will have to figure out where to take her remains. I won''t go into detail.
Ilove - Yay for new kitties! I want a kitten so bad, but have to wait until we get into a new place
Marcy - warm you up some tea, put on some good socks, and have a day on the couch!!
Kim - glad you''re enjoying the TM again!
Rod - I love meatloaf
18.gif
18.gif
and yes pigs are supposed to be intelligent. She''s interesting. I can tell she''s thinking things over. She''s definitely a drama queen, and a diva.
Lliang - gald you had fun with your sister
Skippy - I absolutely love soup in winter! I really do. To the point that I''ll make myself hate it for the rest of the year lol. I''m doing ok
7.gif
I just want the piggy to be ok.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DF - keep on trying and give it a bit more time with Piggy, please keep us posted on how she gets on, she could bounce back from this.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY SDL for 1.5 lbs!!!!
9.gif
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Dragonfly, sorry about your pig, oh my heart breaks for you; I will pray for a miracle for your dear pig!
39.gif
My biggest hugs outgoing.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard much yet today. She''s at SO''s mom''s and I have to leave straight to class and then work. SO''s mom turns her phone off at work, so I have no way of calling. I''ll update when I know anything....

Lunch was steamed veggies with chicken. I''m still so full

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all

Just dropping by to say hello before I drop off!! I am so tired. I had a very long day. After work I run a creche on Thursdays until about 5.15pm. I didn''t get out of work today until almost 6pm. Then I was babysitting at 6.45pm so there was no point going home first. I grabbed a sandwich from the supermarket to take with me.

I got home at 10pm.

PHEW.

I have a nasty headache plaguing me at the moment. Stabbing pains in my head...been llike it for days now, and on and off for weeks. I suffee from tension headaches and migraines. The stabby pains are almost always on the right side of my head. I might have to go back to the docs for some advce if it carries on.

Hope everyone is ok.

I won''t be around tomorrow either as I have been talked into going on the staff night out.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SDL, that''s awesome progress in just 2 months! You''re an inspiration :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly~ What a cute little sow! Hogs are kinda fun, aren''t they? btw-a litter of pigs is called a farrow.

Hi to all! Hope all is well!

Still in a mess around here, but there''s finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

Big news!!!! I got a DVR!!! Now, I can do yoga on MY schedule!

That''s all for now. see ya!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have good news!!!!
First, Mom and SO showed off their muscles (pronounced mus-k-les)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
muscles again

huzzah.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Then they got ready

readyfreddy.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Then she was up!!!!

upsy blossom.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Then we all celbrated while she gracefully stuffed her face with corn and water
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

porker.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 9:27:56 PM
Then we all celbrated while she gracefully stuffed her face with corn and water
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
Ahhhhhh, that is wonderful; I am so happy for you. I was sad this afternoon for you but this is Wonderful news
36.gif
YAY YAY

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 1:41:43 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Hi all! I''m down 1.5 this week! So I''ve hit 154, FINALLY!! Yay!! That''s a total of 15.5 pounds I''ve lost since the end of August. Yay!!
HI:

Super SDL!

This is for you!

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=9650

No excerise today--but happy to report no more snow to shovel!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

Hooray for the piggie, dragon!

Monkey, today was long for me, too. School, then social skills program means I''m gone for all of daylight. And today there was an issue with a parent who is angry with me because her son had a minor injury, his own doing,, along with 3 subs in our classroom staffed w/ five adults...it was a bit lopsided. And on we go...

SDL, congrats on lbs. lost.

Skippy, my nephew is so darling. I just adore that boy! I''ll bet yours is the same. Sorry they''ve gone out of town. I can''t wait to see my boy again, I''m hoping he''ll come stay with us the week before Thanksgiving as I am off.

So, as I said, worked both jobs today, snuck in a good 40 minute jog in between. I''ll be honest, I had to walk up part of a huge hill, but it''s my new challenge now...one day I''ll run the whole enchilada. Had pot roast for dinner, yum! So lucky DH cooks, otherwise we''d have to live on dinners at 10pm or eating out.

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......it''s late and I''m extra beat. I worked a long day for sure. It was a bit frustrating too. I finally hit the gym around 6:30 and left the gym about 9:30. I was determined to get my full workout in and honestly, after a frustrating day, it''s a great thing to beat up some machines and burn off my frustration, while doing something really good for my body and cardio vascular system. Tomorrow''s sushi night - YAY. Charlie''s off tomorrow night and Saturday, but he''s working Sunday. Our gym is closed on Saturday as it''s their family picnic day and all their gyms are closed for that. So we''ll either just have a fun, non-fitness day, or we''ll find some other activity to get into on the fitness front. Maybe a run, or a nice long skate?

I wish I could personally say hey to each of you, but it''s just a bit too late for that.

Thanks for the pics Dragon!

I''m glad anyone found my snow philosophy funny. It''s the truth according to Rod though. I just don''t miss snow at all. Now Michelle, Charlie is more like you. He misses the seasons, including snow. Marcy, I like Marty''s snow removal method.....LOL and Skippy, sounds like snow is just around the corner in your neck of the woods.

OK......got to get to bed and start a new day, which THANKFULLY is Friday! Sleep well everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!Oh my, I had too many glasses of wine tonight.I need a NAP!I am actually pretty tired today as I didn’t sleep worth a darn last night.Winds are gusting up to 80 mph here and the AC was flapping last night keeping me awake.About 1:30 I moved to our spare bedroom and heard the down spout whistling more than the AC so at least it was a different noise to keep me awake.Tonight we went to supper with some of Marty’s vendors and I had filet, a baked potato, salad and a couple of glasses of wine.

Lliang, I am glad your sister came over to keep you company.What part of the country do you live in?I guess parts of SD had a couple of feet of snow.Aak!

Lorelei, I love sweaters and fleece so they help keep me warm.

Julianna, I hope you caught up on sleep.

Geckodani, I hope work is “good” interesting.

Skippy, how cute your nephew missed you already.I know you are totally a sweet and kind aunt and I am sure he adores you.

Dragonfly, I hope your piggy gets better and I am delighted she was up and eating.Hugs to you and her.

SanDiegoLady, congratulations for being down another 1.5 pounds.

36.gif
That is AWESOME! All right for enjoying a great view of the stars!Did you get a new hairdo or just have it styled?

Merrymunky, I sure hope your headache gets better.

Somethingshiny, we love the DVR!I record my shows to watch all the time.

Sharon, woo hoo for no snow to shovel!

Kimi, sorry to hear you had to deal with an angry parent.That is nice you had time for a long jog today.

Rod, that’s nice you and Charlie have tomorrow evening and Saturday off.Enjoy your sushi.I told Marty tonight i was going to shovel the walks this year and he said “No you’re not”.He does not want me to hurt myself but I am constantly looking for ways to burn calories.

Tomorrow night I get to pick up my original ering with my color shift spinel.I can hardly wait!

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 9:26:31 PM
Then she was up!!!!
1236057qd9orpxyzi.gif
hi501.gif

I am so relieved!!! I kept thinking about Dear Piggy and hoping she was up! Sometimes a little human persuasion can work miracles with large recumbent animals!!!!

Love the ' most muscular' poses of MOM and SO!! Can't you tell I read body building magazines??
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Good News: I lost a pound this week!
9.gif

Bad News: My coworker has been such a trial this week that me and my other coworker are ready to tear out hair out. My nerves are so bad I''m sucking down the rolaids to calm my stomach.
7.gif

Funny: The husband has me hooked on Warhammer, his online game, LOL! I''ve been playing way, WAY too much lately!

Congrats to all - we''re doing GREAT!

I''m glad Blossom is doing better!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone! Thank you all for the well wishes for piggy. She is laying down resting this morning, but no longer laying down and stressing. Thank goodness. I didn''t get much work out in, b/c of that. I was really no help to SO and mom either as I was busy running away from mice. They like to come out of the neighboring field to get the cracked corn we spread for the ducks and chickens. I HATE MICE AND RATS.... so I took pics and ran the car lights lol. There were none in the pen, but I saw one behind it when we got out there and that was enough for me haha. I know they mean no harm, and want to eat too, I just don''t want them to scurry by me. We did thoroughly clean dear piggy''s ear again to make sure it does NOT get infected, and put more bedadine and salve on it. We also cleaned a small scratch on one of her front legs, and put some purple stuff (it''s a healing agent) on the leg.
In other news I will be working out tonight for SURE, and jogging most of the weekend. I also have a friend''s wedding to go to tomorrow (yayyyy) which will be fun. She''s been engaged just over a year, has a lovely princess in a halo they got locally, and is getting married at a country club nearby. I can''t wait.

Skippy - TY again, we are so thrilled she''s doing better. What''s going on with you today?
Canuk - Glad you don''t have to shovel snow today!!!
Kim - Thanks too and good job on your jogging! You''ll tackle that hill I just know it
Rod - I need to look at the gym the way you do
Marcy - ty and sorry you didn''t sleep! Hope tonight is better!
Lorelei - ty!! They were an absolute RIOT. They wanted the muscle shot and the yeah we did it shot.
Gecko - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad Dear Piggy continues to do well! Often with cattle and pigs a bit of hefty persuading can get them back on their feet so yay for musckles!!!!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
TGIF!

Sorry I haven''t been keeping up... my one day moritorium on Tuesday from working out turned into a three day moritorium
15.gif
I was behind on work and the last few days, I was either staying up super late or waking up super early to get things finished. I''m SO glad the weekend is here. We''re gonna go to the gym tonight, make dinner and then have a Blockbuster evening. FI promised that he''d let me pick the movie. He has a film degree, a much more eclectic taste in movies than I do and been introducing me to his faves. I think I just want something mindless to take the edge off a long week.

Dragonfly, YAY your piggy is doing better! I''ve been lurking but following your piggy''s story this week.

SDL, CONGRATS on hitting 154!!! You look beautiful in your pics, BTW
1.gif

Geckodani, YAY for one pound gone! Sorry about the stressful work environment.

Hi Marcy! Can''t believe it''s snowing where you are! The weather here is finally cooling down and I broke out a sweater yesterday. Looking forward to seeing your new goodies!

Rod, hope you worked off your frustrations last night. Enjoy your sushi dinner! My FI would love to institute your Friday night sushi ritual, he''s such a sushi addict! I love it too but he could eat it every meal.

Kim, YAY for sneaking in a work out. Your pot roast sounds delish!

Julianna, here''s to fab thighs!

Hi Skippy! Oooh, sounds chilly where you are too! I''d like to see your recipe for your chicken veggie and lentil soup!

Merry, hope your headache''s better and that you''ll get some rest.

SS, YAY for a DVR! My FI was DYING when we first moved in and did without one for almost five months. Glad you guys are getting settled in. We''ve been at our place for six months and we''re STILL organizing and going through our stuff!

Hope everyone''s doing well!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've mostly been lurking this week as things have been nuts at home and the office. I'm getting ready for a conference in Boston, and leave tonite.

I hit the gym 3 times this week, which was my goal. And I stuck to my healthy eating, except for a few glasses of celebratory election champagne Tuesday eve and dinner out on Wednesday eve (another election celebration!)

My goals during the conference are to work out at least 3 times (tomorrow, Sunday & Monday), and watch my eating. It's going to be challenging, as i'll have 14 hour days and many client meals going on but i'm hopeful that i can do it.

I probably won't be able to post until i'm back in the office on Wednesday, but i plan to lurk as i'll be needing inspiration to stay in check!

A HUGE congrats to y'all for the Healthy Lifestyle you led this week. YAHOO for lbs lost and workouts!
36.gif

ETA- Michelle, we'll just be missing each other next week as you leave when i get back. Sending you lots of PS dust for a safe trip and special visit with your son!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results