shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 30th March till 5th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dee, Boy do I know what you''re talking about with out of control munching!! I''ve been SO bad today. And it''s only going to get worse when I start running again now that the weather''s, y''know, not freezing. (Can''t say warm, because it isn''t). I hope your showing went well. Did you get in an uber workout?

SShiny, Bummer about your wrist. My sis has tendonitis on her knees. Nothing you can do about that except ice it. Sucks. Yay for no scrubbing floors but boo for no yoga. I''m going to hope your wrist heals soon and the cyst goes away with no bible banging. Hee hee, that sounds funny.
Charger, we''re both bad together! I hope you get a chance to get out there tomorrow. Bummer about the alarm. Thanks for the compliments on the empanadas. In Argentina they''re baked so it''s not AS bad for your. They''re scrum-di-lump-cious though!!! I went with my folks and that was our daily breakfast. There was an empanada restaurant around the corner from the hotel. Daddy LOVED them :) I''m doing carnitas tomorrow. Today I felt lazy to make dinner.

Apple, I''m hoping you''re the good sore tomorrow.

Burk, oh now!!! I hope T gets better. Poor baby is probably miserable. Take care of yourself too. Don''t want you to catch the bug. Hope the treadmill is a good one for you tonight. How''d hubby throw his back out?

Skip, um, dumb question but what''s a bosu? I''m not the best plank-er, I can do normal plank but NOT side planks. I SUCK at those. It''s the hardest thing for me in yoga when we do floor stuff. You''re totally going to be is super shape! Dinner sounds delish! I''m a big fan of whole wheat pasta, but James doesn''t like it. Mmm, I betcha your mom''s empanadas are awesome. I have some leftover dough I might make some sweet empanadas with it if I feel up to it. I made cookies instead last night...

Went for a short run today. I realize I really dislike running in the cold/cold-ish weather. It makes me want to walk. i told myself not to. Plus I hit all the lights just right so I was able to run most of the way. I told myself someone''s telling me to keep running, so I better keep running. Did a 30 push ups (12-9-9) when I got back & a bunch of abs. A few dips too. Dinner tonight is leftovers.

Marcy, WOW great job for a year of walking. I don''t know your whole Getting Healthy story but, to me, you''re a real inspiration. it sounds like you went from really non-healthy lifestyle and turned it into a really healthy one. And with no fads or systems, just good sense and determination. Your posts here help all of us stay with it. Okay I''m going to stop gushing now...

Have a good night all :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLIANG yum to cookies, what kind hehe? Here is the bosu and a video http://www.abcspeedtraining.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18 It means both sides up. You can flip it over too and use it. Yay for all your running; I wish I could run. You are in great shape. I hear you on the planks, the side ones are killer for me or the one leg ones (I can't do one leg ones).
14.gif

BOSU20stability20Trainer.jpg

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I hope it's okay to jump in on this thread, but I've finally gotten enough motivation and funds to start working out again and just wanted to introduce myself
1.gif
My metabolism has started to slow down, and with being back in school and just sitting all day long, it's definitely time to get moving. I've started walking everyday and will finally be able to start taking my beloved Pilates again! I'm SO excited
9.gif
I've tried working out at the gym, with a trainer even, and all of the various classes, but nothing has been so effective and quick as Pilates (and I'm not so good with cardio - weak respiratory system). I was looking at old pictures of when I was taking classes twice a week and it made me so sad...but also super pumped to get back into shape! I know it's a little pricey, and believe me it seems like an incredible luxury for a poor grad student, but I've decided it's really worth it because I get crazy results really quickly, and it really makes me feel great because it centers you, helps take your mind off stress, and stretches you. I talk everyone's ear off about it because I think it really does wonders, has anyone tried it? I think most studios offer a free or discounted first session, so if anyone is looking for an alternate workout or just something to add to mix it up, I'd definitely recommend it!
21.gif

Skippy - I love the Bosu (or hate it during the workout
2.gif
) When your legs get all shaky/wobbly - talk about BURRRRRRRRNNN!
2.gif

Thanks ladies, I know that this thread will motivate me to do more and more to stay healthy!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
JJC, Welcome!!! That is awesome you hired a trainer; yay for walking everyday! You will get back in shape in no time; woo for doing busu too! You are right excerise is a great stress reducer; whenever I go to class I ask myself why do i put myself through this torture? hehe Then I leave class and feel so good.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids!

FINALLY made it to the gym around 6:30 tonight. Did a HARD hour on the elliptical (interrupted about 15 mins into it for a short call with the architect -- gotta have priorities, right?!
3.gif
). Was going to do arms too but I decided that tomorrow I will do the dreadmill and then two hard sets.

Foodwise I have been pretty good today... except I forgot that I ate a dark chocolate zone bar after my workout, had a salad, and then ate another one...
20.gif
Senility at 38 is a terrible thing!!!

Not much else to report. The XHH is off at his girlfriend's tonight so the fur monsters and I are headed for our last walk of the evening, and then to bed.
24.gif

Welcome JJC! We're glad to have you!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....It's already 11 PM, so this will be 'uber' short. Long day. Stressful day, but I did sleep last night. I got to the gym around 6:30 and had a really good workout. Charlie had picked up a salad for me for dinner. Tomorrow's Friday.......YAYAYAY. We're having Sushi tomorrow night.

Thanks Zoe!

You too Hudson........I wish more guys would join the HLT. Still, I check in most days and have developed such good friendships over the last few years here!

SS, I had a ganglion cyst. Don't let them do anything to it. It will go away all by itself. It just takes a long time for that to happen. Mine was on my wrist too. I just decidedto not let it get in the way of me working out and then one day, it just disappeared.

Skippy, the weather was beautiful today. We're under a tornado watch right now as a cold front will be coming through in the middle of the night. Cute pic of you on the bosu!! I do lot's of planks, including the one leg/one arm kind!! They're so good for your core........

Welcome jjc, from the lone guy on this healthy thread.........

Sorry for not saying hi to everyone else. I'm completely beat and need to shut down and get to bed, so I can start a new "fun" day at work tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
We had birthday treats at work – non guilty treats though.We had angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip.
3.gif
The next birthday is in a few weeks and I think I will make a cake just because I want to try my large oval pan and practice some decorating.

My parents are going on vacation for a few weeks so I stopped by to visit them for awhile tonight.they are heading off to the warmth and sun; I am envious of that.We are getting a winter storm tomorrow night so I stopped at the store tonight and picked up things to make soup and corn bread on Saturday.That way I can stay home Saturday.

I am pretty happy that tomorrow is Friday.It’s been a long week at work.

Lliang, you should rest up after the 8K.Your chicken empanadas look great.Sorry to hear you can’t get Singular.My sister takes that and has good luck with it.My allergies are the worst when things bloom the spring then the fall when weed and grass pollen is high.I often say I am allergic to the universe as it’s easier to tell you what I’m not allergic to.Thanks for the kind words – I went from very morbidly obese and pretty much unable to walk around a grocery store to a smallish – normal sized person who actually walked in the race for the cure this year.I am pretty much nothing like the old me anymore.And you are right I did it the old fashioned way – diet and exercise.

36.gif

Muse, sounds like your trainer is giving you some great work outs.I can’t wait to hear how your dress fitting goes tomorrow.That’s a great joke you played on your boss.

Zoe, I wished that craving logic work.Maybe you need milk in milk chocolate.I do know food I am very allergic to I tend to crave.

Hi Hudson!

DeeJay, your late snack sounds great.

Somethingshiny, I am so sorry to hear about your wrist.Hugs to you.

ChargerGirl, you deserve a few days off too.

Appletini, dream tonight of you face on the cover of Shape magazine.

Burk, I hope Tayva and your husband get better soon.

Skippy, what a great workout today.We are going to have some whole wheat pasta tomorrow night.It’s quick after work too.

JJC, welcome to the thread.Sounds like you have some great workouts planned.

Rod, enjoy your sushi night tomorrow.

Take care.

Marcy

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone just got back from another awesome session with my trainer. I have been soo tired this week that it was really hard to push through the exercises like I normally do. Today I had more push-ups (big surprise) and planks with a lot of ab work. I am beat.

Skippy: The bosu is definitely not my friend. That is my third least favorite thing to do with my trainer. Any time I see her move it over I know I am in trouble.

Marcyc: I am excited about my fitting tomorrow too but forgot to tell my FI to leave the camera. So unless my friends get my text message, I am going to be cameraless tomorrow. I might have to settle for crappy cell phone pics (boo)
38.gif

jjc: Welcome to the board. I have only tried Pilates once and remember that it worked me. I could barely move the next day.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My busy day is off to a good start. I did my 30 min walk/jog routine around the neighborhood. I finished it up with doing lunges up the driveway. My joggwn aing speed has improved because my time was up before I reached certain landmarks. Also I am not sore at all my intense PT session yesterday...I am constantly baffled by this.

My college BFF is coming in town tonight and we are hosting a bridal shower at my house tomorrow so I spend the rest of today getting ready for that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Somehow managed to drag myself out of bed before 7 this morning and went to the gym before going to my office (which is where I am now). Only had time for 65 mins on the dreadmill so the arms went by the wayside again. Grrrr... !

Will be as good as possible on the eating front today because my girlfriend (the one who had the condo in Aspen) is back now and we''re going out tonight so I''m sure that will involve something *bad.* Oh well, a girl''s gotta live, right?!

***TACORI*** If you pop in and see this let me know if you''re still going to be in Chicago over Easter. Would love to meet you and see little Tessa!

And my PSA for the day: I just discovered this thing called a "chipless manicure"; they use gel instead of just polish (but the gel is colored, not clear, so they don''t have to polish over it). They take the gel off every time and start over so it''s not like the same stuff is on your nails forever, and the manicure is GUARANTEED for at least two weeks. Well mine has been on for two weeks today and it is still PERFECT. The only reason I''m even getting it redone is because it''s grown out from the cuticle. Seriously, this is the BEST thing EVER!!! If anyone has a place that does this near them definitely check it out!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skip, I *LOVE* those things!! I always called them "those-half-ball-platform-thingies." I never had a trainer or class so I don''t know of all the evils that come with that, but I used to put it on the wobbly side and do one leg squats. I tell my sis to do it because she has bad knees and I think it''d help with her stabilizing muscles. I totally hear you on suffering during exercise but feeling AWESOME after :) One legged planks!
23.gif
Never tried that!!! I''m kinda interested but also kinda scared. So do you one-leg-it with your leg straight behind you, or do you one-leg-it with your knee tucked underneath you?

JJC, welcome to the thread! I''m with you and LOVE doing pilates too! Maybe there''s a club in your uni that has mat classes for cheaper? I used to go but stopped because it was pricey. I do yoga now which is just as fun for me. Now that the weather''s getting warm, I''m going to get myself to do more cardio by making a deal with myself. Must do 2 cardio sessions for every yoga session.

Hey Dee! Great job on the ellip & treaddie! I keep telling myself I need to work on arm stuff too. Plus leg exercises, my thighs are getting a little chubbier... I have a pair of white pants I want to fit into this summer. I figure I''ll give myself *one* more summer in these pants then let them go. I LOVE them. Does anyone else find they feel that way about certain clothes?

Rod, hope you had a good uber workout. Hope today treats you better :) Wow, you''re a plank & push-up-per!!! You must have ROCKING arms!!!

Marcy, I''m with you on the seasonal Spring & Fall allergies. I''m HORRIBLY allergic to ragweed so I''m *MISERABLE* when those things pop up. I really wish I could get some Singulair. My allergist gave me a trial and it worked so well! Stupid cheap-o rat-bastard insurance companies. (I hope I don''t offend anyone that works at an insurance company) You have an inspirational story, Marcy and something REALLY to be proud of!

Deejay! Please tell me where you get that manicure, and how much it costs! I always trash my manis in like 2 days. I''d want to get something like that for my wedding & honeymoon come October. But y''know gotta test it out first, right?
5.gif
Have a good time with your friend :) If Tacori''s coming to Chicago, maybe we can convince her to try a yoga class :)

Last night I had a horrible dream! I dreamt that I was tricked into marrying someone else when I thought I''d be marrying James. Then James got really mad at me and didn''t want to marry me anymore...
39.gif
Weird.... Needless to say I had a troublesome sleep.

Oh and funny story, I was walking the dog this morning. On the way back up to the apartment, I took her leash off in the elevator. She was so consumed in sniffing something I walked off the elevator & the door closed on her and she didn''t come out. I had to push the call button so the doors would open so she can get out. Hee hee. Silly dog!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 12:54:25 PM
Author: lliang_chi

Deejay! Please tell me where you get that manicure, and how much it costs! I always trash my manis in like 2 days. I'd want to get something like that for my wedding & honeymoon come October. But y'know gotta test it out first, right?
5.gif
Have a good time with your friend :) If Tacori's coming to Chicago, maybe we can convince her to try a yoga class :)
I go to Ambra at 1 W. Superior on the 2nd floor, 312-337-5065. There is also a place in Old Town that I hear does this, but I don't know the name/address.

I'm actually headed over today for a 4:45 appt if you want to make one too! Seriously, after two weeks it is still PERFECT!

ETA: Forgot to say, I think it's $40, but a regular mani for me is $20 anyway and I have to go every week (plus after 4-5 days it's chipping anyway).

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
aright guys, as of monday I"m jumping back in here. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, hubby and I decided to go to lunch at this fun restaurant and wine bar we like. I had not been there since my birthday and forgot that they like to use a lot of heavy ingredients. So I ordered the cedar planked salmon w/veggies and potatoes since I thought that would be healthy. They brought out the bread and it came fresh out of the oven and I could smell it so I had to have a couple of slices (thank goodness they didn't offer to bring out more). Then my meal came out with butter drizzled over it, agh! Then when I ran to the restroom hubby knew I loved apple strudel and ordered it. Okay, hopefully I will behave tomorrow (I plan to cut up celery sticks and carrots).

I was going to go walking but it is crazy windy. My legs are so sore from all the squats we did yesterday. Hope everyone has a great evening!!!
1.gif

DEEJAY, woohooo for all your workouts!!!!!!

ROD, hope you have a wonderful dinner w/Charlie at the sushi place, yay!

MARCY, yay for healthy treats; I love angel food cake and strawberries! I love when people bring healthy snacks!

MUSE, yay for an awesome workout with the trainer. heehe to the bosu; I like it the only part I don't like is when we do planks on them or push them up overhead. What is your 1st least favorite thing? My least favorite is scooter things we use; I hope we don't use those again anytime soon.

APPLE, yay for your walk/jog!!

LLIANG, Oh I know the one leg squats you are talking about, those are hard. Okay, the one leg plank is like a regular plank but you lift one foot higher off the ground; I can't do those. I need to practice and practice the side planks.

DRAGON, I have missed you!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Friday...........It was a long day at work and I was the last one to leave the office somewhere aroung 6:20. At least it wasn''t particularly stressful. I just stayed in my workspace and worked as hard as I could. I met Charlie at our favorite sushi place right after work and we had a terrific dinner. Then we went for some froyo at our favorite natural tart frozen yogurt place, followed by coffee under the oak and it was just an incredibly beautiful evening. Charlie''s working till 10 PM tomorrow night, so I''m just going to have a relaxing day. I''m not going to the gym since we''ll both go on Sunday.

I hope everyone had a good Friday and the weekend is off to a good start. I''m completely beat and am shutting down, so Hi to everyone......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TGIF.

9.gif
I am sure glad the weekend has arrived.A snow storm is moving in tonight so I hope to stay home safe and warm tomorrow.I am making homemade beef noodle soup for lunch tomorrow.I have laundry to work on and need to work up a new lab for my class.

I also want to finish my book on the Blizzard of 1949.I don’t know I should be reading it with another big storm moving in here.

Muse, glad you had another awesome workout with your trainer.Sounds like you’ll sleep great tonight.I hope you found a camera for your photos today.I want to see your pretty dress.

Appletini, have a blast at the bridal shower this weekend.

DeeJay, I hit my snooze alarm twice this morning.Some mornings are just rough to get out of bed.Have fun with your friend tonight.Your manicure sounds great.I have to paint my nails every other day.

Lliang, maybe ask your doctor for some more samples.I am always “thrilled “to see ragweed too.Thank you for the lovely compliment.My mom told me last night the receptionist at our dentist office told her she has lost 40 pounds and that I was her inspiration.When I was in a few weeks ago she was telling me about what she ate for lunch and it sounded like a diet but I hated to say anything in case I was wrong. Too funny about the dog.

Dragonfly, good to hear from you.

Skippy, yeah for lunch out with your hubby.No worries about eating such a wonderful lunch; it sounds great.Angel food cake and strawberries are one of my favorite treats.

Rod, glad to hear your day wasn’t too stressful and you had a nice evening.Enjoy a relaxing weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

35.gif

Marcy

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Thanks so much for all the welcomes! So I made my Pilates appointment for Monday and I can''t wait I can''t wait!!!
9.gif
I''m especially excited because I''ve been looking unsuccessfully for someone as good as my first instructor (who I had to move away from
8.gif
), but the studio I will be going to is owned by her ''guru''! I will be back on Monday to report how it went!

Skippy - O my, that freshly baked bread is so hard to resist! And how sweet of your DH to order the dessert you love
1.gif

Dee*Jay - Those sound like great workouts!

Rod - My apologies! Hello to such a distinguished gentleman!
2.gif

Marcyc - I hope you have a nice, cozy weekend at home during the storm!

Museikchik - I haven''t done Pilates in a while so I''m sure I''ll really be hurting after my session on Monday. Is it weird that I''m kinda excited for that too?
4.gif

Appletini - Congratulations on improving on your speed!

Lliang_chi - Yay for Pilates fans!!
21.gif
I really like the machines for the resistance and stretching. I think if I budget everything around it, I should be fine. I get really sad when I can''t go
15.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Saturday.

35.gif
I am so glad I picked up my ingredients for soup Thursday night; we are really getting a snow storm here.I guess we’ve had about 8 inches by now and are under a blizzard warning until 6 pm today.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
Great day to stay home and I am definitely glad not to be out on the highway today.I think I will brew up one batch of chocolate chip cookies today too.We’ll have a few today and tomorrow then I will pawn the rest of them off at work.

Okay, don’t be appalled but I just ordered this from Zales.

6.gif
It is for a RHR.If it stinks I will return it.I really wanted an EC diamond ring and the price is too good to be true.Let’s hope I don’t see why when I get it.LOL.Or maybe I just have cabin fever and I’d buy anything today.
11.gif

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3513348

JJC, I hope your new trainer works out great for you.I am planning on staying safe and warm today, thanks.

Off to start my soup.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone want to cool off on my bench? There is easily 12 inches of snow on it right now. Marty had to go out and clean off our sat dish and said there are 4 feet drifts out there. FUN!

cooloffdec.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Marcy. Stay warm and safe!

DH and I went for a 6 mile hike to Sandstone Peak, the highest point in the Santa Monica Mountains. It was great to be at the top although the view was a bit hazy. I hear that on clear days you can see Catalina Island!

Have a great weekend, everyone

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Marcy! Hope you stay warm. Make sure Marty doesn''t hurt himself shoveling the driveway or anything. Where are you guys located? I hope we don''t get any of that in Chicago.

Charger, great job on the hike!!! That''s really cool you can see out to Catalina.

Tonight I made my carnitas dinner. We had multigrain tortillas too. Was pretty tasty :)

No working out today. Bad, bad, bad Lisa. Tomorrow might hit yoga. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChargerGirl, you hike sounds wonderful.I hiked back and forth between my front door and back door watching the drifts continue growing.

Lliang, I am in Wyoming.I hope this storm doesn’t come your way or fizzles out when it gets there.It has been snowing since early last night.No worries on Marty hurting himself shoveling; he only shovels if he has too.He believes in the natural method – letting the sun and warmer temperatures melting it.LOL.

Here is another picture taken a few minutes ago (so it’s dark outside).You can see a little patch of cement to the lower right.The drift outside my kitchen window is at least 5 feet high.The arm of the grill is visible and that is easily 4 feet off the ground.Aak! The patio bench has a good 8 inches more on it since the photo I posted earlier.

ETA: I was going to have Marty cook steaks on the grill tomorrow. I don't think he'll be willing to play that silly game.
9.gif

patblizz.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I had a very nice and relaxing day. I sllept till nearly 10 AM.....WOO HOO. It''s such a luxury for me to sleep in. Lunch was on the terrace, then Charlie gave me a haircut. He had to be at work at 1 and he worked till 10 tonight. I wound up having a breakfast sandwich at Sbucks under the oak with a coffee and just sat there and chatted with friends for a long time this afternoon. The weather was just too fantstic not to be outside (SORRY MARCY!). I did some grocery shopping, then just came home and watched drivel on TV with Sakai wrapped around my neck. I had a nice healthy salad for dinner, then I met Charlie at Sbucks for a cup of decaf. What a spectacular evening it is in Florida tonight (again......SORRY MARCY!). Tomorrow we''re doing the gym in the early afternoon, then we have tickets to see Celtic Women at the Performing arts center tomorrow night. I''m so excited about seeing them. They''re so incredibly talented.

Marcy......Zales?? - LOL - I hope the ring looks like the picture in their ad. The pic is really pretty, so you''ll have to post one in person when you get it. Wow on that much snow. I think I''ll pass on your kind invitation to cool off on your bench (though it is really pretty). I think I''ll stay in shorts and t-shirst and enjoy the lovely warm weather in Tampa!!

Hi There JJC. No apologies necessary. We used to have another guy (Jeff, where are you?) here, but I am the only one who participates daily. Have fun at Pilates on Monday!!

Wow for a 6 mile hike Charger!!! I''m sure it was just beautiful.

Hey lliang (Lisa!).......Everyone deserves a day (or two or three.......) off. I''m glad the carnitas were good (whatever they are.....LOL).

I likely won''t be able to check in tomorrow night since we''ll be at the Celtic Women concert. So, please have a great Sunday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, I am glad you had a nice, relaxing day.You sure deserve it. We did not dine on our patio today.Hum, I wonder why?Glad you enjoyed some nice weather there.I will have to get some more snow photos tomorrow in daylight.I can’t believe the drifts we have here so I wonder what the streets are like.I am probably as shocked as anyone here that I ordered a diamond ring from Zales but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.Since I don’t have to replace all my clothes anymore I have money burning a hole in my pocket.LOL.I do have to keep trying to help the economy.I hope you enjoy the concert tomorrow.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

We just lounged around at home yesterday, and we''re planning on heading to the beach today if it doesn''t rain. We REALLY miss living on the seacoast, and we try to go back there whenever possible. In fact, if I could take my school and move it, I''d put it on the seacoast and live happily ever after.
9.gif

I don''t have much new to report -- been good with the diet and slowly getting into exercising again.

Have a good day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; hubby and I went to the Very Large Array yesterday which is 2 1/2 hours outside of my city. Well we went last year around this time and it was a bit windy then; this year there was a littlle bit of snow and it was uber windy!!
6.gif
I think they said there were gusts of 50-70 mph around the state so I am not sure what it was out there but it was hard to walk. We had a hard time breathing in the wind too so they did most of the tour indoors and the configuration of the antennas was spread apart so we could only see a few of them. It was the semi annual tour and since we have a new DSLR we wanted to test it out. We did have a good time dispite the bitter cold and wind. hehe I will add a few pics to my Who's Who of the mini road trip in the next few days. It is always nice to go on a road trip and have time to chit chat.
1.gif

Today I am going walking with my friend for 75 mins.

I got on the scale this morning and gained 2 1/2 lbs; I know I will lose and sort of knew it was coming. We are going out to eat with my parents tonight; I noticed we have been going out to eat a lot lately so I think I need to cut eating out some so I have a little more control.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
35.gif

MARCY, yikes, that is so much snow! Has it melted? Stay warm and glad you have soup fixins. Your city must be like Denver?? Looks like a pretty emerald!

JJC, I saw your pic in the prom thread; you are so pretty! Great job on making a pilates appt! Pilates is awesome! Oh goodness, yes warm fresh bread the hardest to resist. hehe

CHARGER, oh that is awesome, 6 miles!!! Oh you live in a beautiful part of this country; I bet the views were amazing.

LLIANG, Lisa, enjoy yoga tonight!!! Yummmm to carnitas and tortillas.

ROD, enjoy the concert!!! hehe to having a gorgeous day and razzing Marcy; you can razz me too because of the windy day yesterday.
2.gif
Enjoy the Celtic Women's performance tonight!

ZOE, i am jealous of the people that live by the water. hehe Enjoy the beach!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Did a hard hour on the hampster wheel yesterday and then two sets of arms, and another hard hour on there today. Am on a MISSION to start shedding some pounds again!!! I seriously thought about upping my workouts to two hours, but (a) I need to have a life, and (b) my problem is not on the work out front at the moment, it's on the eating front.

Should be at home either applying for jobs in Aspen, cleaning my closet, or gathering stuff to send to the accountant right now, but instead I'm at Caribou on PS. Such is life sometimes! And I'm looking on the bright side: at least I'm not eating anything if my hands are occuppied tying!
3.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The shower was a success yesterday. It started at 2pm and people didn''t leave until after 6pm. My college BFF and I went for a 30 min walk around the neighborhood. She was a good sport b/c she borrowed my extra tennis shoes and DH''s shorts.

It''s a beautiful day aside...trying to decide if I should stick with my usual Sunday responsibilities to prepare for the week or go to Lowe''s and buy some flowers to plant in the yard.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.We spent quite a bit of time digging out our driveway this morning.Marty FINALLY decided I could help him shovel.I don’t know if it was because there was so much snow or if he figured if I can walk on the treadmill I can probably shovel some snow.My left knee is kind of sore but I don’t notice much else from it.

I will post a few more pictures of our yard.A lot of the drifts have gone down about a foot already since it’s in the 40’s and sunny here.

I am baking some meatloaf (96% lean hamburger, ketchup, bread crumbs, an egg and some parmesan cheese) and baked potatoes for lunch.

Zoe, I hope you had a great time at the beach today.We will probably have lots of water around here once the snow really starts melting.LOL.

Skippy, I can’t wait to see your pictures of the VLA trip.Sounds like a very fun time.Rats for gaining a few pounds but they do come back off.I have been more lax since I am just trying to maintain so I feel like I am always trying to get back to my comfort zone.I don’t think Denver got as much snow as we did yesterday but sometimes they get more than we do.It just depends on the weather patterns.

DeeJay, good luck on your mission to shed pounds and finding a job in Aspen.

Appletini, glad to hear your shower was a success.

Take care.

Marcy

http://gemstoneworld.com/jewlshop/settings/csringmnt/round9.htm

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is our back yard this morning. Note the corner snow drift by the 6 foot fence.

snowcorner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results