shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 24th Nov till 30th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like everyone enjoyed their holiday! Marcy, your smorgasbord description was cracking me up! Rod, the waffles sound delightful!

I was pretty good about not overindulging yesterday. I got up early to make a baked mac-n-cheese (thought the kiddies would appreciate it, and they did...everyone else loved it too!), but I didn''t do any taste-testing, just had some cinnamon applesauce and coffee for breakfast. I only had one plate of overwhelmingly delicious food at dinner, but I did treat myself to a large slice of coconut cream pie (my aunt makes the. best. homemade pies--can you say "three inches of meringue?")
9.gif
In fact, she got up at 4:30 this morning to go bake pies at my family''s restaurant. She must be sick of making pies!!! LOL! After the fantastic meal, I visited with family for a few hours and then went home and promptly fell asleep, and slept like a baby all night. I''m working today all by myself, which I love because there are no distractions to stop me from getting lots of work done!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. We went to a friend''s house and had a lot of really good food. I had one plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, turnips (which I had never had before - yum!), stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a little bit of gravy. Then for dessert I had a little piece of apple pie and pumkin cheesecake. I''m not usually a cheesecake fan but that was really good. We also snacked on bread and dip, pretzels, and chips and salsa both before and after dinner. I thought about how many calories I must have consumed, but it didn''t stop me. Some days are just like that.

I''m thinking of going for a walk and maybe jogging a bit, but it''s very cloudy outside. It''s cold too, and it looks like it will either rain or snow (but snow isn''t in the forecast). I really should go to the gym but it''s 25 minutes away and I''m feeling lazy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!!! Sounds like everyone had a super duper nice Thanksgiving!!! Well Thanksgiving was nice. heehe I had a piece of baklava for breakfast. It was wonderful to be with family and of course play with my nephew. hehe My mom makes the best homemade bread so I had a few rolls. I didn't take any home those! Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday off
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buuuuurrrrrrr back from a 60 min walk and it is cold outside. hehe Happy Friday all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I hope you had a great day.
I started shopping about 8:30 this morning.Every place I went was busy but not as busy as I’ve seen them in the past.I did my bit to help the numbers on Black Friday. I bought quite a few Christmas gifts and I got myself a new green purse and billfold – not that I really needed either of them but I wanted a green purse for the winter.I’ll put up my pink purse until spring.
Monnie, your mac and cheese and your aunt’s pies sound marvelous. I hope you had a nice, peaceful day at work today.
Zoe, I am glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.We have about an inch of snow right now.
Skippy, I never take home any goodies from a family dinner either.I left the rest of my cheesecake for my nephews yesterday.It was very chilly here today; the wind was getting my attention.
I hope all of you had a great day!Have a wonderful weekend.
36.gif

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went for my walk/jog yesterday and again today. However my sports watch battery died so I couldn''t go for time today and just tried to guestimate based on landmarks. Today was 3 days in a row, so I''m proud of myself for keeping up the good work.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am up a 1.5 lb. I will lose it.
2.gif
I went to Target with my sister today and found some great bargins and it wasn''t busy at all. I might get a walk in this afternoon but I have the lazies today for some reason and I took a 20 min nap so I don''t know why I am so sleeeeeeepy! yawn. hehe

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

MARCY, glad you had fun shopping.

APPLE, yay for the workout!

Where is the rest of the HLT gang???? Hopefully off doing somewhere fabulous! hehe
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
We just finished late lunch/early supper.I wanted to go to the Christmas parade but it is wet and snowy which means soon it will be icy so we just stayed home.Rats.I even bought insulated ski pants to wear.I will use them this summer for star parties though.
We borrowed a Wii fit from a friend of ours and I tried it for awhile.I don’t think I want one but I mentioned I heard they were good so the next thing I know he has it at our house.I did a few balancing games and will try yoga tomorrow.
Appletini, good job getting in your walk/jog three days in a row.I am going to go walk on the treadmill as soon as I post.
Skippy, I am sure I’m up a few pounds as well.
38.gif
I am afraid to look.Tuesday morning I’ll face the evil scale – and scream I am sure.Oh well, Monday morning I’ll be back at work and back to my strict calorie limit for the day.It looks like the HLT gang is busy this weekend.I hope they are having a great time.
36.gif

Take care.Have a great evening.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone.......I realized I didn''t check in yesterday. Charlie worked yesterday and I guess the day just got away from me. I kind of just lounged around in the morning. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch with leftover stuffing on whole wheat. Yummmm. Then I headed to Sbucks and enjoyed coffee under the oak. It was a beautiful day. Cool enough to wear a long stleeve t-shirt and jeans, but no need for a jacket. I went to the gym around 3 PM and worked my butt off for a full 3 hours. Since we ran on Thursday and I hadn''t been to the gym since Tuesday, it was a really good workout. After the workout, Charlie got off and we went for our normal Friday night sushi dinner at favorite sushi place number 1. We got coffee to go and came home and has some more cinnamon, clove/nutmeg with pumpkin flavoring pie (which was really really good this year). Charlie worked today as well, and I decided to take a complete day to do absolutely nothing. I slept late, had lunch at Panera and coffee under the oak (twice). It was a warmer day today, so I was in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt, but I woujd up pushing the sleeves up as it was a bit too warm for the sleeves down. We had leftover turkey dinner again tonight and then I picked the meat off the bones, put the bones in a big ''ol pot of water and have made my annual turkey, vegetable, noodle soup. It''s still on the stove cooking, but I have tasted it and it''s going to be really good. We''ll have soup for a couple nights, then freeze the rest for a cold (at least by Tampa standards) night sometime in the winter. Charlie''s off tomorrow, so we''re going to have a regular Sunday, including a nice long workout in the afternoon..........

I''m go glad to see that Thankgiving was good for those who''ve had a chance to check in.

Marcy, I''ve been meaning to say how sweet it was of you to buy that little girl a coat and gloves. Each year we make a donation to a local charity who buys presents for children who would have none without this organization. I see you bought some gifts and even some for yourself yesterday......good for you!! Sorry for wet and snowy weather.

Hey Skippy. I''m sorry you got caught in hail, but now that you know you can run a mile, I hope you decide to run again. It''s so good for your hear and there''s not a better way to burn calories too! Baklava for breakfast eh???!!!! LOL Sorry about being up a bit, but 1.5 lbs isn''t much at all so you''ll get rid of that quickly.

Hey Monnie, your Thanksgiving sounded very nice. I''m so glad you''re back with your family and doing so well in your new job. I hope you had a good day at work on Friday and didn''t get too lonely. It''s nice to have you back on the HLT!!

Zoe, you weren''t supposed to worry about how many calories you had on Thanksgiving. I''m just glad you enjoyed the day and the pumpkin cheesecake sounds yummmy. I''ve never been a big cheesecake eater, but there was this restaurant in Florida year ago, who made fresh chocolate key lime cheesecake and I must say it was to die for. I hope you got in a nice walk or run, before the rain or snow started.

Good for you doing your jog/walk three days in a row Apple!!! Keep up the great work!!

See you all tomorrow evening........I can''t believe tomorrow''s the end of my five days off. My how the time flew by.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby did our holiday card, hip hip horray! I was worried I had to learn photoshop but he put 3 pics together and now I just have to pick up the cards tomorrow and start mailing them out. We had these beans from the Mexican market for lunch along w/an avocado sandwich! I was going to workout but it is crazy windy today!!! Tomorrow for sure! Hope everyone has a great sunday! Here is a quick pic I took on my walk a few days ago; we have some snow on our mountains and it is still there!

Marcy, eek to ice! Glad your Thanksgiving and shopping was wonderful! hehe

Rod, I want your soup recipe. hehe I bet it is yummy; yay for a kick back day yesterday!

IMsnow0293.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I can''t believe my 5 days off are over. I truly enjoyed having some extra time off. Just think only three weeks till we get a holiday again!!! It was too windy to sit outside this morning and have coffee and our bowl of fruit on the terrace. So, we stayed inside with Sakai glued to our shoulders. She was very happy. We had lunch at Panera, then a cup of coffee under the oak, which was interrupted when the skies opened up and a front rolled through Tampa. It''s supposed to get pretty cold (at least by Tampa standards) by the middle of the week, with highs in the low 60s and lows in the 30s. Brrrrrr, for us..........It was fun at the gym as Charlie was there with me. Most of the time I work out alone since he''s working retail hours, but he was off today, so we had a really good workout together! We were on ellipticals next to each other and that''s extra fun for me, as we tend to push each other on the elliptical. A guy we know came up to us afterwards and commented he''d never seen two people go faster on the elliptical. We also ran into a former neighbor of ours at the gym and the last time he saw me was before Rebuild Rod, so he was a bit stunned at what I''ve become in the last 3 years. It does make it kind of fun when someone sees me and is a bit shocked at the new me! Dinner was a big bowl of the homemade turkey-vegetable-noodle soup. It was truly good!

Beautiful picture Skippy!! Skippy the recipe is really easy and making soup is pretty hard to mess up. Here goes:

Take the rest of the meat off the turkey and cut the meat into bite size pieces (keep refrigerated).
Place the carkass and any bones left over into a big stock pot and cover with water.
Put bay leaves, season salt, season pepper and garlic powder in the water.
Cut and quarter two whole onions and put in the water and bring to a boil.
Let boil (a slow boil) for about 2 hours.
Remove the bones from the stock.
Cut up as many carrots and celery stalks and mushrooms as you''d like and add to soup.
Add a couple tablespoons of sugar.
Taste and add salt if needed.
Add the turkey meat you pulled off the bones you set aside earlier.
Let cook until the carrots and celery are tender.
Add canned veggies you like such as corn, grean beans etc. to soup.
Add one pound (16 oz bag) egg noodles.
Cook until the noodles are tender, but not overdone.
Enjoy

I hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I am very ready to go back to work.I have shopped too much, eaten too much and goofed off too much.I am back to my old routines tomorrow.Woo hoo!
Rod, your soup sounds great and that is nice you’ll get a few meals out of it.I really had fun buying some things for that little girl for Christmas; that is nice you donate some gifts to charity too.How fun to run in to someone else that hasn’t seen you since your rebuilt Rod.How exciting!

Skippy, I’m impressed you’ll be sending out your Christmas cards already.I need to get started on mine too.Your photo is lovely.I hope the weather is better tomorrow.

Have a great evening and a wonderful Monday.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results