shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 24th August till 30th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I just wanted to expound on something our Skippers noticed, making sure you are eating enough calories. As we know, eating too little can hamper weight loss, our bodies need enough quality calories in order to burn fat efficiently, so not eating enough can be self defeating. Just take a look at what you are eating daily and calculate the calories to make sure you are eating enough, and rather than choosing chips or candy for those extra cals if needed
41.gif
, try lean protein particularly which will keep you full for longer.

There are various guides online which will tell you roughly how many calories you need so if you are unsure, you can make use of these. Also if you are '' stuck'' and the scales aren''t budging, you have checked your calorie intake is appropriate and you still feel you aren''t losing, try on some tight clothes as sometimes we lose fat in inches rather than on the scales, or mix up the workouts a bit, try something different. This should soon get you on track again!

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Great opener, Lorelei. It''s difficult to find the right balance but we find the best methods through trial and error.

I am off to start my day of errands and school work. My last batch of laundry is in the washer. Woo hoo!

See ya!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - that is so true! Except when I fill up on empty calories, my waistline fills up too...

marcy- your star party camping trip sounds divine! Sorry you had to come back to so much work to do. but that is the sign of a successful trip! The foxes would frighten me a bit... but not as much as coyotes!

Skippy- your walks with your friends sounds so fun! I love walking with friends/family. Sometimes I get lost in coversation I forget how long I''ve been gone!

Canuk- your 10k sounds awesome! Glad you enjoyed your icecream.

Rod- Your PT is going so well, you should be on that ellyptical in no time! I''m glad you''ve enjoyed Julie and Julia.. I''ve put that on my DVD waitlist!
21.gif

Shiny - your trips sounded divine! So glad you had a nice time, and I''m sorry you took ill for a night. Glad you were able to recover and enjoy the remainder though.

Everyone, Happy Monday!
35.gif
My dr called me back with my test results. I am still very low on tyroid but on the line. I don''t really like taking medication - so she''s advised a dietary modification which I can try to see if I meet with any success. I also have a high protein count in my urine which needs some further testing... so eh, I guess I''ve got that to look forward to. This weekend was awesome. Ventured out to a new course... which was awesome! No one wanted to be outside, so I got to have the trails to myself. Though it was so humid, it WAS miserable, I was PRAYING for a downpour to cool me off... so when the sprinkles came I was tap dancing, I was so happy.

This morning''s run was good.. though it was entirely in the dark. My hubs was all freaked out because his route took him on some unfamiliar territory... where he saw a dead rattlesnake, tarantula, and coyote. He was like... uhhh, I don''t want to run this way anymore. So of course, now he has me spooked to run the trails.. I keep thinking a spider is gonna jump up and bite me.
19.gif
I guess i''m a loon! Oh well... spiders are less of a threat than crazy cyclists. So it is funny if I see something on the ground I am all high stepping. Most of the time it is poo... so I dont want to step on or around that anyway. HAHA. Tonight my husband and I are making an asian chicken salad. YUM!

"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence."
Og Mandino

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
good morning all! Great opener and very very important Lorelei and Skippy!!!!

We had a busy weekend full of packing, and I didn''t get an ounce of work out in unless you count moving boxes. Which that is really a workout in itself. Back at it tonight though. Class started today, so didn''t get an AM in. I''ll be doing Tuesday and Thursday AM and otherwise evenings right now. Plus a walk in the super early AM to walk the pooch(hopefully pooches).

Right now I eat b/2 1500 - 1800 calories daily. Sometimes less. I really let my body tell me what it wants. Yesterday it wanted whole wheat with turkey and swiss melted, with some mayo.... and a dark chocolate candy bar..... and nachos for dinner HAHAHA.
18.gif

Today it wants grains. I''m talking cereal and goldfish, but I''m not feelin lunch so much yet. Whatever it wants is how I do things, but I don''t overindulge or gorge. That is important as well. You have to find the happy point for your body, where it is healthy, happy, and not over doing things. Don''t ever deny yourself, learn to indulge with control, and definitely make sure you are getting enough calories, it is highly important for a healthy body and immune system.

Rod - hope you are feeling well this week
Skippy - enjoy your walks, they are a blast. I''m working on trees now
28.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, after all of the months of trying to live a healthier lifestyle it finally happened. DH and I bought a cheesecake from the bakery as part of our anniversary celebration. It didn''t really taste good. I would''ve rather had some strawberries or something. Then my stomach felt gross for the next 12 hours. So, that''s it. My body has now decided it doesn''t want anything to do with cheesecake. What''s next? I guess it''s easier to just not want the cheesecake to begin with.

DH had some minor surgery today so I gotta go for now.

Have a great day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2009 11:57:26 AM
Author: tlh

This morning''s run was good.. though it was entirely in the dark. My hubs was all freaked out because his route took him on some unfamiliar territory... where he saw a dead rattlesnake, tarantula, and coyote. He was like... uhhh, I don''t want to run this way anymore. So of course, now he has me spooked to run the trails.. I keep thinking a spider is gonna jump up and bite me.

19.gif
I guess i''m a loon! Oh well... spiders are less of a threat than crazy cyclists. So it is funny if I see something on the ground I am all high stepping. Most of the time it is poo... so I dont want to step on or around that anyway. HAHA. Tonight my husband and I are making an asian chicken salad. YUM!

HI:

LOL to spiders and poo! And hey--us cyclists are not ALL crazy!!!
12.gif

Had a nice walk tonight--nothing too strenuous. Enjoying the warm evenings.

35.gif
to ya''ll!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......and Happy New Week to everyone. I didn''t get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did have a nice quiet and relaxing day. We went out for breakfast, which was a nice treat. Charlie had to work from 3 PM and was supposed to get off at 11 PM, but they worked till nearly 2 AM. Yikes. My pain is getting a little better every day. It''s not gone, but it''s not really that awful either. I''ve been working since I got home from work and now it''s time for my stretches before heading off to bed. Tomorrow''s a gym night. I''m hoping to be able to get on the elliptical, even if for only 5 minutes this time. I''ll just keep working towards being back in the "saddle" on the elliptical like I used to be..........

Thanks for reminding us we need to have enough calories, Lorelei and Skippy. It''s a lesson many of us learned the bad way. I used to be one of those people who believed if you starved yourself, you''d lose more weight. Instead, I got dizzy when I stood up too quickly and my body worked against me to try to hold onto every bit of fat I had so lovingly bestowed on my body.........

Hello to everyone and I hope you all have a good week. I''ll do my best to check in often..........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei! I''ve been really frustrated the past two weeks because I''m doing so darn well with eating and exercising, and I seem to be stuck. At weigh in last week, I only lost 1/2 pound. The scale isn''t budging this week either. Grrrrr. I''m so afraid I have hit that dreaded plateau after losing 36 pounds. I haven''t gone over my points a single time since I started ww, and I haven''t missed exercising a single day in weeks so I''m getting panicky. I have had a few non-scale victories the past few weeks, and I keep telling myself that those are important too. I can now pull my smallest pair of jeans down without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Woo-hoo! I also had to get rid of more clothes after people kept telling me that I needed to reconsider the clothes I kept for desperation wear. I have no clothes! I had to have some links taken out of my watch, and my ering fell off while I was drying my hands at work (that''s not good)!

Hi Marcy! I hope you had a great trip. I always hate coming back and having to take care of all that dirty laundry. My husband''s parents used to live in Montana. My FIL invested in a good telescope while they lived there. I never made the trip, but hubby tells me the night sky is unbelievable. I''m learning to fix my hair, and I really do like it. She cut it in a really cute style, but this incredibly humid time of year isn''t a good time for me to try a new hairdo..especially a short one!

tlh - dead rattlesnakes and tarantulas? Holy moly - the worst we have is dog doo and smashed frogs. I hope your dietary changes really help. You''re my hero, running every day like that! I''m just proud that I can take my walk the hard way without sucking too much wind anymore. Yippee! I''m going to have to add an extra mile. The humidity is nasty. One night last week we could actually see the air when we took our walk. Hubby is walking with me every night, but he''s not even attempting to eat better. He usually eats a candy bar and pepsi for breakfast, and then it''s all downhill from there.

Hi dragonfly! I have a friend who counts walking through walmart as activity (for weight watchers), so yep, moving boxes counts as a workout!

shiny - That''s funny you say that about the cheesecake. My favorite thing in the whole entire world is carrot cake from a local home cooking restaurant. LOVE IT! After I started ww, I went to the restaurant once a month to treat myself to half a piece of cake. I got a piece on Thursday, and it tasted greasy to me and totally not worth the points. Hubby said it was fine. That''s a good thing, right?

Diva - You''re wedding is coming up so fast! And a honeymoon in Greece to boot. Woo-hoo!!!!

Hi canuk-gal & Lisa!

Skippy - I''m bummed about cherry season too. I bought some the other day, and they were not good at all. Our fresh produce isn''t great these days. It''s all kind of mushy and flavorless. Oh well, I ate a bunch of it when it was in season. I hope you had a great tiime with your family! I''ve been showing hubby your earring pictures as a major hint (my 15th anniversary is in January), but he''s not catching on...

rod - I hope you''re still doing better and the pain is lessening.

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; we got rain yesterday and today. Tonight was so nice for walking because it was nice and cool out!!! Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist I might be getting a cap for my tooth or I might have to wait. It was funny because my appt is at 7am tomorrow but for some reason I thought it was today so I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 so I raced out of bed and looked at my calandar and breath a sigh of relief. hehe

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

LORELEI, morning in your neck of the woods!!! Great opener! hehee I didn''t even realize I wasn''t getting enough calories it if feels good to be eating a little bit more.

MARCY, glad you had a great trip!!! Yay for looking at the big beautiful stars on your trip, sounds fabulous!!!!!

TLH, ah I hope you get your tyroid levels fixed; hugs! Yay for your run! Eek for rattlesnakes, glad it was dead. We have Tarantulas here. heheeh They are ugly guys! lol Mmmm your salad sounds os good! YAY for rain!!!

DRAGON, okay I was thinking huh about the trees for a second. lol and then I burst out laughing, okay gotcha!!! hahahaha Yay for packing and moving somewhere fun!!!

SS, I am glad you had a romatic time away for your anniversary, yay!!!! Oh man I hear you on trying things you don''t usually eat upsetting you. I am sorry. praying for a speedy recovery for your dh!

SHARON, wooo hoo for your workout!

ROD, yay for going out to breakfast, yum!!! oh no for a lots of working for Charlie, that is late! yay that you are getting better. hugs

DEEGEE, are you eating your oils, the 2? I noticed eating a little more fat helped; I was so anti fat but it helped and lots of water! YAY YAY YAY YAY for skinny jeans!!!
36.gif
Oh no, I am sorry about the fruit; that is what I hate about summer starting to end. LOL yay, I hope you get earrings
9.gif
hehee You are adorable!!!! YAY for your 15 yr anni coming up in the New Year!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I might be absent this week too.My 2 classes start and my sister-in-law and her son are in town so that means trips to the in-laws every night.I am looking forward to some quiet time but I don’t know when that will happen.I do know I eat and drink too much when we eat out at the in-laws house.Rats.

Tlh, I would rather deal with a cyclist than a spider.You can at least scream and yell at a cyclist without looking crazy.We had one of those giant wolf spiders in our kitchen tonight.Aak!Your test results sound like some things can be fixed with some changes; that is good news.

Dragonfly, good plan to listen to what your body wants to eat.

Somethingshiny, I think I will always want to try the cheesecake.Best wishes to your husband with his surgery.

Sharon, is it pretty fall-like where you live?It sure is here.

Rod, glad to hear your pain is getting a little better every day.

Deegee, I found when I was losing when I hit a plateau I was losing inches.The skies in Montana are great too.Glad to hear you are finding out how to style your hair.I am a wash and wear girl.

Skippy, we’ve had some nice rains too.Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.

Well, I am off to bed.

35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2009 10:07:41 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.......and Happy New Week to everyone. I didn''t get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did have a nice quiet and relaxing day. We went out for breakfast, which was a nice treat. Charlie had to work from 3 PM and was supposed to get off at 11 PM, but they worked till nearly 2 AM. Yikes. My pain is getting a little better every day. It''s not gone, but it''s not really that awful either. I''ve been working since I got home from work and now it''s time for my stretches before heading off to bed. Tomorrow''s a gym night. I''m hoping to be able to get on the elliptical, even if for only 5 minutes this time. I''ll just keep working towards being back in the ''saddle'' on the elliptical like I used to be..........

Thanks for reminding us we need to have enough calories, Lorelei and Skippy. It''s a lesson many of us learned the bad way. I used to be one of those people who believed if you starved yourself, you''d lose more weight. Instead, I got dizzy when I stood up too quickly and my body worked against me to try to hold onto every bit of fat I had so lovingly bestowed on my body.........

Hello to everyone and I hope you all have a good week. I''ll do my best to check in often..........
* shuffles over to stand next to Rod...*
11.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- your eats sound yum
shiny-sorry your cheesecake was bad, and I hope your DH recovers quickly
sharon- I know not all cyclists are crazy! Some like to drink!
9.gif

rod- I am thrilled your pain is diminishing!
deegee- sorry about the plateau. I''ve found taking a week off, and eating a normal maintenance diet for a week... and then going back on the diet again works to trick the body.
skippy- sorry about a tooth cap, that stinks, but I love that you are still walking. You are my power walking motivator. You should do a 10k or half marathon. Even walking it.. you''ll be really amazed at how many walkers there are... of all ages. It is REALLLLLLY cool! (just a thought... you are mega awesome doing what you''re doing... so don''t let me take anything away from your awesomeness.)
marcy- have fun w/ the inlaws,and enjoy the time before classes begin... man did that go by just as quickly for you... it seems like you had no break at all!

Everyone, happy tuesday! Today was rough. My husband was hit by a car this morning. I spend the morning with him in Urgent care. He doesn''t have any broken bones YAY! But he has a shoulder sprain and lacerations on his face, and abrasions all over his body including road rash. He was riding his bike in the bike lane, a car didn''t see him, and hit him. I don''t know how, he had a reflective vest, a red blinking tail light and a powerful headlamp that strobes. He is HIGHLY visible. But it was just some young kid, and I guess he just wasn''t paying attn. I''m hoping that my husband''s face heals and doesn''t scar, otherwise I''ve threatened him with divorce for getting ugly so early in our marriage. (JUST KIDDING! I just wanted to say something to make him laugh while he was in a lot of pain.) Now we''re dealing with healing his body, and figuring out if he has to replace his bike too. His helmet cracked, so I''m glad he had that on, otherwise it would have been his skull.. and I''d hate to see what he''d look like then. So I didn''t get any workouts in today, and I haven''t really eatten more than a pack of twistlers from a vending machine and a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. Stress doesn''t really do me a lot of good. I''m making my husband pork chops tonight for dinner, and will be handling the walking of the dogs and other things so that he can rest up. He''s a little bummed about how this will affect his training, but I am confident he''ll be ok. Well anywho, thanks for reading.. and yes, he is okay... just a little shaken up is all.

"The greatest wealth is health." ~Virgil

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, tlh! It sounds like he was soo lucky! I''m glad that he''s not too banged up. I don''t know anything about bikes in general, but I''d think that the other guy''s insurance should pay for any repairs or replacements in addition to any safety equipment that was ruined. Good luck to your DH!! (and to you, we know it''s hard not being able to do anything)

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no, tlh! Your poor husband! Poor you! I''m so glad he wasn''t hurt badly, but that''s really scary. Thank goodness for the helmet. Hopefully his shoulder, bumps & bruises will heal quickly. Bless his heart, he''s probably so sore. Will he be comfortable riding again? I think I''d always be a little freaked out if it happened to me. Hugs to both of you, and get some rest! You''re probably exhausted too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Work wasn’t too bad today; I got to promote one of my employees so that was nice.Sadly another employee who has been there longer wasn’t too happy about it.We went to the in-laws for supper.My MIL made meatloaf and made me a small one without onions (which makes me sick) and I find big chunks of onion in my meatloaf.I kind of picked around them and feel okay.Rats.When we got home I had a 100 calorie Klondike bar; it was pretty good.

I graded papers and got stuff ready for my campus class tomorrow.I had to pay a few bills and balance my check book tonight too.

I played with my rings and earrings tonight.How fun.I don’t remember if I told you or not last week but we bought a tall skinny gun safe before we went camping to store my jewelry and Marty’s watches plus our papers in a “safe” place.My jewelry box doesn’t fit in it though so I bought some clear plastic stacking trays for everything but wanted sometime with a lid. I ordered 2 ring boxes that arrived today and they work great.I got my rings and studs in one box and the other one I can get 8 bracelets in it; they fit nicely along the ring rows.So I ordered one more ring box for my nice pendants and found a earring box with 24 holes and ordered it tonight as well.I wanted them with lids because I can see me getting out my little stack of trays and dropping them all over the floor.

I will be out at my college tomorrow for a manager / supervisor class for work from 10 to 3 for my day job.Those of you who watch South Park will get a kick out of this – the teacher for this course sounds like Mr. Mackee – he does the “Mmkay” all the time.Just cracks me up.

Tlh, how awful about your husband getting hit with a car.I am relieved to hear he didn’t get badly injured or break any bones.It sounds like he was very lucky to have his helmet on.Give him get well wishes from me.Poor guy.I feel like I didn’t have a break either.Once classes were done I was madly working on the star party.Oh well I have visions of sparkly things dancing in my head come September 30th when I get my first check.

Hi Somethingshiny.

Hi Deegee.

Well, I am off to stick labels on my packets for my online course and get ready for bed.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny- yeah we''re dealing with the insurance co. It was an accident, and accidents happen. I''m just happy he is doing alright, and is in good spirits.

deegee- yeah, he''s fine. I''m fine. I was majorly stressed out through the morning, but I''m way better now. My hubs is really calming, and is just happy nothing is broken. His bike needs new wheels, and when they are off the store will check to see if the frame was damaged... he''s hoping to get back on it by next week. That guy has some confidence!

marcy- sorry you had some office drama, so there ended up being onions in your loaf? That stinks! Glad you''ve got a safe place for your papers and pretties! Thanks for your well wishes, my hubbie appreciates them. I''ll keep my eyes out for your new sparkles!!!

Everyone happy weds! My hubs is sore today as to be expected, and is looking like a boy from Fight Club... which as his wife is NOT attractive. But he is in good spirits. We walked a bit to help him from getting too stiff, and he''s feeling as to be expected. I made pork chops for dinner w/ a cream of celery/rice mix. He enjoyed that, then I went and bought him a quart of frozen yogurt last night (510 calories), to help him feel better. He said it worked. I got him 3 different flavors, and he had layed with ice packs all over his body munching on yums. Today, I''m not sure what I''ll make... most likely black bean burritos.. but if my hubs want something else, I can go out and get it for him. I''m heading out of town this weekend, and I want to make sure everything is there that he''ll need. He isn''t an invalid, and is capable taking care of himself, I just don''t want to have him be uncomfortable or bored, while I''m gone.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." - John Quincy Adams

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I went walking again last night and will do the same tonight. lol Oh my dental appt went well but I am having my cap done at another time; I guess it is a two part process.
I am going over to visit my family today and see my nephew.
Hope everyone has a great hump day!!! Happy WED!!!

MARCY, have a great time with family and yay for school!!!

TLH, oh my gosh, how scary!!! huge hugs to you and your husband. My hubby bikes to work for excercise and those cars can be so bad; it makes me so angry. I will keep all the bikers out there in my prayers for a safe communte. Bless your hubby''s heart and yours too! You are such a sweet wife!!

DEGEE and SOMETHINGSHINY, hi friends!!!

ROD and LORELEI hi friend

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! How are you all doing? Yesterday I got in a 2 mile jog. I''m going to be alternating going to the gym Tuesday and Thursday mornings as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings to jog. Other days I''ll either go in the evening, or do a work out at home. Monday, Wed. and Friday is my math class in the morning so it makes it a challenge to get there. I''m so excited we move this weekend! FINALLY!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
TLH, Your poor HUBS!!! Huge hugs going out to both of you!!! I''m glad you''re both in good spirits still and he can still get around. Thank goodness it was nothing worse. Dust dust dust for him to get better. I''m glad he''s able to get around but I"m sure you''ll be worried while you''re gone. Hugs again to both of you.

Lore, great pointer with the calorie intake. Since starting working in an office, I''m kinda getting lax on my calories. I need to get back on it.

Skip, glad your dentist appt went well. Hooray for walking and getting out. I have to reschedule my appt because I''ve been assigned to a recruiting session down in U of IL. It''s apparently an all day thing. Good thing I scheduled my workout for M-W next week...

Dragon, good luck on the move. I hope it goes smoothly. I hate moving and packing and the whole process so lots of dust that everything goes smoothly.

Marcy, I feel tired just listening to all the stuff you do! I''m glad you said you and Marty are going to cash his miles in for some vacay (vacation) time. You two deserve it!

Hi deegee, don''t be discouraged! We all hit that plateau. Be patient, it''ll come. Think of all the gains (er, more like losses) you''ve made and keep that in mind. You can go shopping for some new clothes! With school starting there might be some specials you can snatch up some jeans etc.

Rod, I''m glad you''re doing well with the pain. How''s the ellipitcal?

Hi sharon! Glad you''re getting warm evenings, it''s just cold and rainy here in Chicaago. What happened to summer?

Shiny, I love that your healthy habits are now second nature to you. Bummer about the upset tummy but just think, you''re not going to crave cheesecake anymore. I had the same problem too. I think it was all the sugar and dairy. I haven''t had the stuff since. Ice ceram on the other hand, is a completely different story...

Tonight''s a training session. Then sis and I will be having steak fajitas. I gained like 6 lbs after a wedding this past weekend
7.gif
But that''s okay more motivation to keep at it. Like I said my calorie intake has been getting lax, I need to get back on that horse. Tomorrow the plan is to run with the dog, either in the morning (unlikely to happen) or after work. I''ll have to check the weather. Maybe I''ll bring a change of clothes to work and run during lunch if it''s nice out. Shoot, meeting friends to hand deliver wedding invites. These are also the guys that keep standing me up so we''ll see... Wedding stuff is humming along. Mom came up last week and helped set out a plan. Sent the invites out last week, started getting RSVPs back. Exciting. Other than that my Mom and Dad are going through a bit of a tough time, so I think some of my eating has been nerves. Sometimes it feels like parents can be such children, if that makes any sense...

Next week training session on M-W. I bought my new bike and James and I are going to take it out for a ride this weeekned, probably Sat. I need to do registry stuff on Saturday too. Maybe I''ll also go on a long run with the dog since she won''t be going to the doggie beach... Okay gotta get ready for PT session.

~Lisa

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Happy HUMP day!

liang, have fun at your session tonight! I know what you mean because weddings offer so much food that you want to try everything. But at least you''re aware of what needs to be done and I''m glad to hear you''re working hard! How is the planning going?

dragonfly, Hey! Good for you with the 2 mile jog! That sounds awesome! And your gym plans sound good.

Hey Skippy! Can''t stop thinking about your earrings.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Good luck at the dentist!

tlh, I''m so sorry to hear about hubby, but glad to here he''s doing ok. I really wish him a speedy recovery. On another note, LOL @ the Fight Club comment! I so wasn''t expecting that! You sound like quite the chef!
18.gif

marcyc, so loving your jewelry collection. And now I''m thinking about your earrings too. I''m thinking about South Park as I type (maybe because I''m watching it!) and I can''t get "Mmkay..." out of my head! LOL!

Hey deegee and somethingshiny!

Today I stayed home. I didn''t get much sleep (I haven''t since Saturday actually), so today was strictly a day of rest. My bridal shower over the weekend was quite interesting. It was a small get together (15 people) at a local restaurant. Let''s just saw Murphy''s Law applied the whole 3 hours of the shower. Everything from my Mom, the host, showing up almost an hour late, so I basically hosted my own shower, to my FMIL buying me honeymoon lingerie (can we say awkward!?!?), and my grandmother giving me "wedding night tips" (GASP!), things were always interesting. But I still had a good time. This weekend was also Derek''s bachelor party so otherwise it was boring for me. To make up for missing the gym, I''m hitting it hard starting tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday.

Have a great night everyone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!
35.gif

marcy - Wow! you're one busy lady. Do you ever rest? Glad you were able to promote someone. Isn't it a great feeling to reward someone for hard work? Unfortunately the governor has put a freeze on everything for so long and our health insurance premiums have risen over the years, most of us are taking home much less than we were last year. It's hard to keep everyone motivated in those circumstances. I have one employee working out of her classification, but the gov has put a freeze on reclassifications too. Very frustrating.

tlh - so glad your hubby is okay. I can't believe he's ready to get back at it! It was a long time, and I mean a loooong time, before I could drive again after my car accident. It took a little counseling too.

skippy - nope, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in my healthy oils every day. Tomorrow is weigh-in. If it doesn't go well, I'm going to have to rethink some things. Maybe adding another mile for my walk. After weigh in a few weeks ago, I lost another point from my daily points (I've lost 4 points now), and my 3-mile walk dropped a point as far as my activity points go. I guess it takes less energy to haul my somewhat smaller self around now! Are you having a cap done because of a root canal? I have 2 - 1 because of a root canal, and the other because I broke my tooth in half when I bit into a hamburger at a restaurant on vacation. I had to finish vacation with half a tooth!

Hi dragonfly!

lisa - my hubby keeps telling me not to get discouraged. He's right, I've lost 36 pounds and am extremely happy about that. It's just that I have this goal. . .
Good luck with all the wedding planning. Sorry your parents are having a tough time. That has to be stressful.

diva - glad you had a nice day of rest. We all need that sometimes. At least your bridal shower was memorable! That's too funny about the lingerie and your grandmother. I didn't have a bridal shower. Hubby and I had planned to elope, but my MIL threw such a nasty fit that we put together a last minute family only wedding. Had I known that my MIL always throws fits and is never happy, I would have told her to cram it and eloped anyway!

Today was a pretty good day. The suit I had on must have made me look skinny because people kept commenting about the new me - new hair, new shape, some new duds, etc. Next I have to figure out how to do a decent job putting on makeup. I might actually look ready for work soon! The last time I looked totally put together was, well...ummm..when I interviewed for the job. Time to go walk the pooch. Every night I intend to walk before 9 so I can get to bed earlier, and every night at 10 I remember that I was supposed to get going earlier. It will be 11 before I walk and 1:00 before I get to bed, and I'll be dragging my sleepy self out of bed at 6 in the morning. I can't seem to get out of this cycle! Have a great Thursday everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FIRST TO TLH: I was so sorry to see your husband was hurt in a bike accident. How lucky his injuries weren't severe and LOL at your comment about him becoming ugly at an early age. Humor is powerful medicine for sure. Even before you said who didn't see him, I was guessing a kid and if I could bet, I'd bet the kid was on a cell phone. I've been hit twice by a 'youngun on a cell phone (fortunately, I was in my car) and everywhere I look, I see young people with cell phones glued to their ears. How on earth can these kids (and even us older folks) handle such a weapon as a car, while completely distracted. Huh?? Telll me?? Sorry for the Rod Rant, but I'll bet you the kid was on the phone anyway. Please tell your husband I'm sorry he was hurt and he's lucky to have such a wonderful wife to love and care for him.

Hey everyone.........I never got the opportunity to check in last night. I wound up working late (seems to be the way it's been lately), then I went to the gym. Since I knew I was having physical therapy tonight after work, I decided to push myself harder at the gym than I have in a long time. I wanted to do this to see if anything I was doing before this awful pain started, was caused by my gym routine and I just needed to blow off some steam. So, I really pushed last night. AND.......I even did the elliptical at a pretty fast pace, but not for too long as I didn't want to hurt myself. I wasn't in pain. And this morning.......I wasn't in pain. I still have tingling in my lower leg, but it's more like my foot went to sleep as opposed to pain. So, Rod is almost back!! I'm going to the gym again tomorrow night as I've been cleared to resume working out at least 3 times a week.......WOO HOO.

Thank you all so much for all lsitening to me drone on about this blasted pain for so long. It's time for me to be less needy. Really. Even I'm tired of me and the pain. I can only imagine what you must think.......Oh no......another Rod's in Pain post........
32.gif

One positive note.......This morning I went to put on a shirt for work that used to fit just fine. And now it doesn't fit well. And I'm really excited about that. I haven't gained weight, but the shirt doesn't fit me anymore.......because.........my chest has grown (pushups are a mighty powerful exercise) and the shirt is too tight across my chest. How About That??!!!

degree, we all hit plateaus, so please don't panick. You'll get past this one. Have you been eating enough healthy fat? I know odd question, but healthy fat is important. I eat natural raw almonds several times a day. They're really good for you and when I was working on losing weight, it helped me get past plateaus.

Hey dear Skippy! I'm glad you had a good dentist appointment. And I hope the rain was welcome. We've had amazing thunderstorms almost every afternoon for weeks. It is our rainy season though, so we're grateful for the rain.

I'm glad you had a good trip Marcy. I hope you have a good week with the classes and SIL in town.

LOL Lorelei......you can shuffle on over to my corner anytime you want dear friend!!!

Hey SS.......

Dragon, you're really doing well fitness wise!! You go dragon!!!

Thanks Lisa.....Yummmm to steak fajitas!! I'm sure you didn't really gain 6 pounds form a wedding. You'd actually have to have consumed 21,000 calories to really put on six pounds. The temporary weight will fall off fast. Promise!

Diva, I had to LOL about the shower (sorry), but it did sound like you handled it all well and I'm glad you had fun!

OK.....enough from me. I'll try to check in tomorrow night after the gym if time permits...........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Diva, sounds like you had an interesting shower. Good luck with the gym tomorrow. Glad you had a day of rest. The planning is going well. I''ve got 2 more months and I need to start getting things in place. The plus side is 90% of everything (even the honeymoon) is done. Just little things. The biggest stress is James figuring out what the groomsmen are wearing... Sigh! Why can''t boys multitask??? I''m not planning on having a shower. We might do an un-shower, and just have all our friends come over without bringing gifts. The other wedding plan is to register this weekend. Now that we sent out invites, we''re getting a few questions about that.

Deegee, The healthy fat is a good point that SKip & Rod brought up. Hooray for you loosing points because you''re losing weight! Good luck on the job front. I know what you mean about telling yourself to get to bed early and never doing it. I''m the same way about leaving early for work. Awesome for the compliments :) So funny about your MIL, sorry she seems to be a bit of a monster

Rod, you''re right, I didn''t gain 6lbs. I''m back down to 135-ish that I was before the wedding. I must''ve eaten a much too big snack before I weighed in on Monday. I''m so happy you''re back to almost 100% of your work outs. And WATCH OUT everyone, Rod is rebuilt and smoking! :) How AWESOME that your chest is bigger. That''s great!

The session was pretty great. I''m pretty sure I won''t be sore and I love emailing my trainer and telling him that :) He said on Monday he''s going to make us do this Japanese exercise regimen where you do 1 combo-exercise for 4 mins, 40 secs on, 20 secs rest. He laughs at Leena and I because we bust out the yoga "dead body" pose during our rests between exercises. He laughs but it totally works.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi my friends.Days like this are all about perspective.I had my campus class tonight and was delighted to be able to walk and stand and run and up and down the stairs handing out papers.The old me would have sat in my chair and maybe stood up for 10 minutes before needing to set back down.I thought how wonderful it is I can be like a real teacher now pacing around the front of the room.

When I got home tonight I find out one of the ladies on my Sparkpeople team lost her husband 12 days ago.He was diabetic and overweight and passed away in his sleep.She became motivated enough to lose about 160 pounds but he never found the desire to lose weight.They have 2 young sons. His dream was to own his own restaurant (he was a chef).Their restaurant was to open last week; he died 5 days before the grand opening.How sad for his wife and sons.

Then we also got an email from another friend who told us his wife almost died from alcohol related problems and she’s not out of the woods yet.He said he hopes she will focus on her health and not drink anymore.After offering my sympathy to them I said that was sort of like me and why I finally lost weight; I realized I had to lose weight or die but only I could make that decision.I hope that comment wasn’t too harsh but food for me was an addiction no different than alcohol.

Back to my perspective thought - I was pretty happy at school but now I feel pretty lucky I am here and healthy.

Tlh, glad your husband is taking this all in stride.Marty is like that too; I am more of the freak out type though.I am always thinking of my next sparklies.

Skippy, glad to hear your dentist appointment went well.I am sure your nephew was delighted to see you.

Dragonfly, glad you got in a nice long jog.

Lisa, I had a lady at work tell me she is glad I don’t twitter; she’d get sick of getting all my updates what I am doing now.LOL.Those few pounds will come off quickly.I hope those guys don’t stand you up again.Have fun with the wedding plans and the new bike.

Diva, you should get earrings too.They are so sparkly.I admired them when I was taking care of my jewelry tonight.I did hear “Mmkay” about 100 times today.I had to chuckle at some of the interesting awkward moments from your shower but at least you had a good time.

Deegee, rest?What is that?

11.gif
My boss thinks I am sick this week; I hate to tell him I just don’t go to bed on time. It was nice to promote this lady; she is a single mom of 2.I could only get her an 8% raise but it will help.She has really made my life easier at work so I appreciate her hard work.Our state is pretty much in the same state with freezes and rising cost of healthcare.I am sure our company will face the same problem early in the spring – our year starts in March.We get our merit raises then and the options for our benefits change then as well.These days I am glad to have a job.I can’t complain about my salary and our benefits aren’t bad but our deductible is high and must be reached before they pay any benefits.Luckily we don’t have enough doctor bills that it is a problem for us.Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.Woo hoo for getting such great compliments today.When I started wearing makeup again (last October as a matter of fact) I went to a Clinque booth at Dillards to get help and suggestions.She made me look amazingly better so I said “I’ll take it”.She said “the basic kit?”I said “No, all of it you just used”.Bad idea, I forgot to ask the price.LOL.Oh well, it all lasted a long time and I do really like it.

Rod, they are very close to passing a law here against hand held cell phone use while driving.I think it’s a great idea. I am so delighted to hear you really pushed yourself at the gym last night and it didn’t cause your leg to flare up.Woo hoo is RIGHT!

36.gif
Don’t even think for a minute you talk about your pain too much, I am concerned about you and that’s why we are here to listen to the good and bad parts of our days.More muscles?Cool.

I must get ready for bed.Maybe I can make it only about 15 minutes later than what I shot for (and never achieve).

9.gif

See ya later!

35.gif
Tomorrow Marty is off to a Depeche Mode concert so I get to drive his giant F250 home.Wish me luck.My parents got home today and they said they would come pick me up at work but Marty said he’d park it facing out so I don’t have to back it up so I am sure I can get it home okay.

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- glad you had a nice walk, and I hope that your temp tooth holds strong! Thanks for your kind words.
1.gif

dragonfly- congrats on your 2 miler, that is awesome!

Lisa- thanks for your hugs! You are too kind! I know what you mean about the parents/children remark. I hope that your nerves and stress get under wraps and that you have a successful and powerful run/workout. I''m sure some of those 6#''s was mostly water and salt. And with your trainer kickin'' your boooty, you''re gonna be one mega-watt hott bride!

Diva- You''re too kind, I''m an avg cook, not great, and an EXCELLENT crock pot, slow cooker!
9.gif
Your shower sounds CRAZY fun! Though, I think it is more fun for other people to put the bride on the hot seat... i think I''d DIE if my gams was telling me hot tips... but you have a great story, that makes this far more memorable than had things gone off without a hitch! There was some saying.. mistakes make the best stories? or something like that. I hope you have a terrific work out this weekend!

deegee- yeah, I agree with you, but he''s a little wacky... otherwise he wouldn''t have married me! I love all your complements, though the weight you''ve lost is nothing to sneeze at.. it is good when you have a figure revealing outfit!!! I hope you have better success sleeping, and enjoy walking your poochie, I know your doggy loves it!

Rod- You bet I''ll tell him how lucky he is to have me!
9.gif
Thanks for your rant, that is how I felt, especially when I didn''t know how bad things were. I''m just very happy that he is okay. Things are replaceable, people aren''t. HOLY COW ROD, I''m THRILLED THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE A HARD WORKOUT, AND NOT EXPERIENCE PAIN IN THE MORNING!!!! THIS IS SOOO EXCITING!!!!!!! (Confetti and streamers!!!!) WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!! And an extra YIPPEE for rockin'' the sexy pecs!!!

Marcy- I love your perspective. As a student I liked it when my teacher walked around, because I''d have to move to pay attention, and it was easier for me to maintain my focus. So I think that your methods, that are good for you, are good for your students too!! Your SP friend is my my thoughts and prayers. I am really sorry for their families loss. And your other friend, I hope that she makes the choice for herself, and found comfort in your words. For they were true to you, and I hope it helps get her in a healthier place. I agree with you, it is a choice that cannot be forced upon us... we must make the decision for ourselves. I think I''m like you... I freak out. Man, a cyclist ALMOST hits me and I run after him screaming... a CAR HITS my hubs and he just is grabbing his head saying, I need to make sure my body works since i landed on my face. I guess I''m just more of a hot head. I lvoe that you think of your next sparkly while enjoying your current ones... and boy are they pretty!!! Good luck driving the F-250, and I hope marty has fun at the concert, I think that would be an EXCELLENT show to attend!

Hello and Happy Thursday all!
35.gif
My hubs is in the most pain today... in strange and new places. I''m hoping that this is the worst of it. The swelling has gone down on my hubs body, all but his right eye which looks like he got punched in the socket. His facial lacerations and abrasions are starting to scab over, and I''m glad he is healing... though he looks like a trainwreck. I didnt think it would look THIS bad.. so I purchased some Mederma for him to use.. next week? It is amazing all the places he is cut and bruised. We''ve been taking slow walks to keep him moving, and he''s healing up... but sore as to be expected. I went running this morning, and felt a little bad to leave the hubs behind since he wanted to run but couldn''t. But turns out I had a bad run anyway... since my hubs is taking pain killers and he is a little constipated, we both had a high fiber meals day yesterday. But me, I don''t have that problem... so I had to cut my run short, and trot back home, because the fiber worked quite well on me. So that sucked. It made my husband laugh though... which made me happy. Other than the hubs drama, things are going well. My niece''s 1st birthday is this weekend, and I''m flying in to attend. I''m excited about that, and it should be fun. I''ve given my hubbie an "allowance"
28.gif
so that if he wanted to buy a new video game this weekend to keep him from getting bored - since he can''t train. He said he''d rather just rent a few games... see if he likes any.. and then maybe he''ll purchase.

"Humor is mankind''s greatest blessing.” Mark Twain quotes

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everybody! Just a quickie check in tonight. It''s not yet 10, and I have already taken my walk and bathed the dog. I have been so incredibly sleepy today, and I plan to get in bed by 11. Weigh-in went a little too well today, I think. I earned another gold star if it was correct. I told her to hold on to it until next week because it just seems like the scale was wrong. I had lost weight when I weighed on my scale this morning so her scale wasn''t totally off (official weigh-in is at 12:30), but I just think my body did some kind of funky water thing or something. I have felt bloaty for about 3 weeks, and this morning I felt back to normal. The scale pretty much wasn''t budging until this morning. We shall see next week . . .

Have a great Friday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....it''s almost 11 PM, so this will be really short. First and foremost, thanks for sharing my excitement about being in less pain. Today was a mixed bag pain wise. There were a couple times when there was some pain (none severe) and other times the pain wasn''t bad at all. I did a very long workout at the gum tonight and even got on the elliptical again, but only for a few minutes. Hopefully I won''t be in pain tomorrow. YAY for tomorrow being Friday. Charlie has to work till 8:30 tomorrow night, but we''re still going to have sushi, just a bit later than usual on a Friday. I won''t be able to check in tomorrow night as it will be late by the time we get home.

Thanks again everyone............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I ventured out of my comfort zone tonight.I drove the F250 home and the in-laws were expecting me for supper even though Marty was not going to be there so I climbed back in the beast and drove the 8 miles to their house.I can drive it in a straight line okay it’s just backing it up that makes me nervous.When I got home one of the lights in the ceiling fan was burned out so I got out my little 2 step stool and changed the light bulb myself.Woo hoo!

I am so tired today.I swear I am going to bed on time tonight. Maybe even early.Ha Ha.

Tlh, I love leaving supper cooking in the crock pot.It’s great to have it ready for you when you get home.Sorry to hear your husband is in pain today but it sounds like he is starting to get better too. Poor guy. I am sure you’ll have fun at your niece’s first birthday party.We have a place here that sells used games, Marty often buys them to make sure he likes them.

Deegee, I am sure you deserve your good star.Congratulations!

Rod, have fun at dinner tomorrow evening.Yay for a long workout at the gym.

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
deegee- You are so funny! I''m like that too... not wanting to count my chickens. Well congrats on your gold star - even if it may have only been a WW fluctuation. It still means your moving down...and that is awesome!!!

ROD - Sorry you had some pain - but I hope you enjoyed your workout. Also have fun at sushi w/ charlie and enjoy your weekend!

marcy- that is awesom that you changed the light bulb and drove the beast! I still make my hubs chnage all the bulbs, and will dress in the dark until he does it... it makes me wonder how long that will last! haha! That is a great idea about the games... THANKS!

Happy Friday and Weekend All!
35.gif
I ran this morning, as I don''t know if I''ll be able to squeeze any good runs in while away. I''m really excited about my niece''s birthday, and while dealing with my excitement, I forgot to check the weather! HA! I will probably need a few long sleeved tops... as I''ve been in 113* weather, and it will be in the 40''s - low 70''s in the midwest. CRAZY.

"Don''t follow your dreams; chase them." - Richard Dumb

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

Just another fly-by.....

DH is doing well, he''ll have stitches out on Monday and then no more pity! JT had his preschool orientation. He was so cute, he already picked out a girlfriend! They have animals shown with their names (since most 3 yr olds can''t read). All the girls are calling JT "deer" which is funny, and JT calls his girlfriend his "lion girl."

We went to the county fair a couple nights ago and all I ate was nachos. That is a huge accomplishment for me because I''d usually just start at one end and eat my way through. This time I took the time to decide what I would enjoy and what wouldn''t give me a stomachache. The fresh made nachos won! They had tons of tomatoes, lettuce and jalapenos along with the meat and cheese. I only ate about half the chips and all the veggies so I think I did well. Of course, DH''s dad brought home a bag of cotton candy for JT and I ended up eating some of that. It''s just sugar....
18.gif

lliang~ NOT crave cheesecake!
23.gif
I guess you''re right. It''s kind of a good feeling. The registry is so exciting! Have fun!

Rod~ So glad to hear you''re almost back!! You''ve not been droning, btw.

Sorry for the quickie.

Have a great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results