shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd November till 29th November

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, quick kickoff this week as having something done to a car so not much time, I just wanted to congratulate SS on her news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep plugging away folks, you are all doing brilliantly!!!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ms. Lorelei, good luk on the car stuff. i hate car troubles.

Yay! Sis is home from Japan! I picked her up at 12M last night/this morning! Oh!! I hope she doesn''t go into work today, or at the very least takes a 1/2 day. We''ll see.

Short week because of Thanksgiving. We have to go in for a 1/2 day on Thanksgiving Friday. Booo. But my dad''s in town which gives me a great out from boozing with my old coworkers, they always hit a happy hour on Black Friday until very late.

Hope all is doing well for everyone!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei!
35.gif
Hope the car issues resolve w/o too much green!

It was the Marcy and Rod show over the weekend! Rod- I''m glad you enjoyed your pizza and was super happy to read your progress on the ellyptical. That is really awesome! I''m rooting for your candidates and hope they get offers! Thanks for thinking of me! What movie did you and Charlie end up watching... new moon???

Marcy- I''m glad you got a nice assortment of yums from whole foods!

Shiny- Sorry Spark didn''t allow you to transfer your eats over.. but hopefully the new site is helpful for you.
9.gif
We also started decorating!!!

Lisa- I''m glad your sister is back for the holidays... so you two can work it together... perhaps you two can sign up for a local turkey trot to get the tush in gear together???

Everyone Happy MONDAY! I got up this morning, and shiver me timber... Bundled up for a quickie run. After a few miles I was feeling nice and loose. The sky was gorgeous, and clear! Nothing cool like meteors that I saw- it was just the calm and quiet of the desert! This week will be exciting. The hubs and I are running a 10k turkey trot thanksgiving morning. It is about an hour away, so it will be a bit of a drive, but it is the perfect way to lube up the appetite, and not feel so bad about gorging oneself on food! This weekends run was nice. I haven''t had a long run w/ my hubs in ages. We took it a bit slow since his knee has been a bother- and took an ice bath when we got home. BLEH! I hate those. I found these compression sleeves for my calves, and I wore them on my long run, and they are AWESOME. They kept me warm, and also really helped my tight calves, as we ran up the mountain. We put up the tree this weekend - the holiday radio station started... and I just couldn''t help myself. Plus with all the travelling and increased mileage training.. it is nice to relax and look at my pretty tree!

"Ebenezer Scrooge: [looking at the Cratchit''s feast] It''s such a small bird.
Ghost of Christmas Present: [leaning in Scrooge''s face] It''s all Bob Cratchit can afford."
A Christmas Carol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!! Happy Thanksgiving week!
9.gif
Here is a picture of my nephews at the baby's baptism (no clue who those people are in background, lol); I thought it was a sweet picture of my older nephew wanting to kiss his baby brother that he loves and since we feel like family here I decided to post it. hehe

I went to weight watchers and it was a great meeting; I am still 2 lbs under my goal which is a good buffer. hehe
1.gif
It was a very inspiring meeting, just how to stay on track during the holidays and enjoy in moderation what you like and a little planning ahead. Yesterday was super busy w/the baptism. I did have roasted chicken and green beans for lunch; they had carrot cake so I had a couple of bites of my hubby's. Then that evening I went to the pub trivia game night; it was pretty fun!!! We met up w/another couple and a friend. I was the DD and I was tired so that was great! hehe

Happy Monday! I will go to step aerobics since I really want to go.
35.gif

MARCY, yay for a nice breakfast w/your hubby.

ROD, yay for a enjoying the beautiful view from the terrace; how are you feeling? I missed DHW yesterday so I will have to watch it tonight. hehe

LORELEI, sorry about the car; hope it is fixed soon. thanks for kicking us off!!!

LISA, yay for your dear dad being in town!!! sorry about Friday.

TLH, you are a superstar w/your runs!!! YAY for your uber run this weekend!! Woohoo for a turkey trot, you are Awesome! Hope your hubby's knee heals quick. Yay for tree and holiday music; super fun!

DSCnephews4202.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check-in...

Thanks, Lorelei!!

So, most of the family knows our baby news. I told my dad and expressed that we''d like to wait to tell extended family until Christmastime. Apparently, my dad thought extended family did NOT apply to: uncles, cousins, great aunts, grandparents, and guys at the coffee shop. It''s funny that he''s so excited though. We let JT tell his Nana and Papa and my sisters. Everyone is completely shocked! I still am too!

I go to the dr tomorrow and I''m anxious to see what kind of a routine I can be on. I''ve only been doing basic cardio for this past week. Today I cleaned my grandma''s house which takes a while and a lot of sweating and I felt fine, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a "normal" pregnancy and not "high risk."

Due to my pre-pregnancy weight, I want to keep my gain at no more than 15-20 lbs. That means I''ll still be in here to get some motivation!!

Hope you''re all having a great start to your week!

Skippy~ Adorable pic!!

lliang~ Yay for your sis being home!!

tlh~ Yay for decorating!! I have to cut all the old lights off my pre-lit tree and replace them. The dang thing died after only 3 yrs!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!

Lorelei, I hope your car stuff got taken take care of. My sis''s boyfriend is a car buff, so she always pimps him out to everyone she knows whenever they have car trouble. :) He''s such a nice guy, he always helps out. But he''s a total nerd about it and starts explaining things etc. I feel bad saying, "I don''t care, how much is it going to cost to fix?" I hate cars....

TLH, I''ll check with sis about a turkey trot. Our dad''s in town so I feel kinda bad about ditching him in the morning, but it''s nice to do a run before a big dinner. :) I did it last year. I didn''t feel bad because my sis kept dad company. Yay for your tree!!! James and I will get one when he gets back from the holidays.

Skip, TOOOO CUTE!!!! Big wet AWWWWW with your two little guys :) Those two can steal your heart they''re so cute!!! 2lbs buffer is AWESOME!! I''m so impressed that you hit your goal weight and everything. :) Yay for pub trivia!!! That''s awesome :)

SS, so funny your dad was so excited. I''m hoping you''ll have a normal pregnancy too. :) I''m glad you''ll still be around too. Is it true you get weird cravings when you''re pregnant? Maybe your baby will develop your taste for fresh veggies & fruits too :)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a pretty decent day at work. I got a new exclusive job order for a high level position with a good company. And it looks like one of my candidates who interviewed today is likely going to get an offer. Hopefully one he''ll want to accept. Sol, it was a good day. Sushi tonight was good too! They''re bringing lunch in from Panera tomorrow for us, which is a nice treat. And........We get to leave work at noon on Wednesday!! A four and half day weekend!! WOO HOO! Since I get off early on Wednesday, I''m going to work out Wednesday afternoon with Charlie as opposed to having to work out after work tomorrow night, getting home late. Another WOO HOO!

I''m so sorry you''ve got car troubles Lorelei......I hope it''s nothing too expensive or serious. Thanks for getting the thread started for the week.

Yay for your sister being home Lisa!! Boo for having to work a half day on Friday........
38.gif

tlh, we wound up not seeing any movie this weekend. Charlie wanted to see An Education and I wanted to see New Moon, so we compromised by not seeing anything.......LOL You are just a running machine young lady!! You must have legs of steel. You make a 10K sound like a stroll in the park......LOL You go girl!

What a beautiful picture Skippy. You should photoshop the people in the background out and blow that up, and have it framed!! Of course, you look simply beautiful! You didn''t miss DHW last night. The Music Award show was on instead. Yay for being 2 pounds under goal. You''re doing so well my dear!

We''re glad you''ll stay with us through your pregnancy SS!! It''s great your dad is so excited!!

I hope you all had a good start to Turkey week!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Lorelei - we just got back from dropping hubby's SUV off to have something done to it. I hope you're doing something fun and not a repair!

Lisa - yay that your sister is back! Have a good visit with your dad. That really stinks that you have to work 1/2 day on Friday. A few years ago they decided to take away one of our February holidays and move it to the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is much better than celebrating both President's Day AND Lincoln's birthday in Feb. At least we don't have to use a vacation day anymore for the day after TGiving.

tlh - you're killing me with your runs! Hubby and I started a new tradition 3 years ago (this is the 4th year) to go pick out a tree from the farmer's market the first Saturday in December. We had artificial trees before that, and I dreaded putting them up! My lovely fall wreath will stay on the door for another week, and then we'll get out and rake the yard and work on Christmas stuff. We're going to a Christmas concert in Charlotte this weekend, and that always puts me in the mood to start decorating!

Skippy - YAY for still being 2 lbs under! I have come to really enjoy the ww meetings, and our group had a little boo-hoo moment last week when we were talking about how great it was to have co-workers (our group) helping each other along on this journey. The picture with your nephews is too adorable! How sweet!!!

shiny - Too funny about your dad. He's just excited! Good luck with your dr appointment.

Yay for all the woo-hoo's, Rod! Have a great long weekend!!!

Yay, yay, yay for a super short work week! I just got back from vacation last week and didn't work all week, and I'm already ready for days off!! I'm taking off on Wednesday...somehow one of my nieces planned a little slumber party at Aunt D's with a shopping trip included for Wednesday. I swear I think those twerps think I'm going to buy them Coach purses for Christmas from the outlet store. I haven't walked in a few days because my back has been acting ugly, but I'm going to try tonight if the rain lets up. Weigh in is tomorrow instead of Wednesday this week due to the holiday, so dinner tonight was light! My dad is having surgery tomorrow, so I'm nervous tonight. Mom insisted I didn't go home since my 2 sisters live within minutes of them. My dad is a cancer survivor, but has had to go through so many surgeries to try to fix problems caused by the treatments. Bless his heart. I hope and pray everything goes well tomorrow.

Have a good day tomorrow, everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.Happy new week!

35.gif
Work was busy and stressful again.Aak! I made homemade pizza for supper.Tomorrow night I need something quick for supper so I can start baking for Thanksgiving.I am taking cheesecake, a cheese ball and a salad.I thought I’d make the cheesecake tomorrow evening.

Lorelei, I hope your car is okay.

Lisa, I am sure you are glad your sister is back.I am sure you’ll be out there exercising again soon.

Tlh, you are braver than I am going out in the cold.Your turkey trot sounds like a lot of fun.That is nice you two will be running together too.

Skippy, the photo is adorable.How sweet of your nephew to adore his little brother.Congratulations for being 2 pounds under goal!

36.gif

Somethingshiny, good luck at the doctor tomorrow.That is wonderful how excited everyone is and is sharing your news.

Rod, woo hoo to having a great day and a short work week!Good luck to your job candidates.

Sleep well!

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hope your dad's surgery goes well and his recovery is quick. Yay for a short work week!!

I'm sorry your day was stressful Marcy. At least there are only 2 more work days and I hope they aren't stress-filled for you. Yummm to Cheescake!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, we must have posted at the same time. Good luck to your dad tomorrow. I am sure that is hard for you not to be there. Enjoy your short week.

Rod, the rest of my week will be uber stressful but at least I have Thursday off.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys

I had the engine of my little sports car rebuilt so mechanic fitting that, now we have to reset the timing which is proving to be a big PITA. His timing light had broken and we were getting nowhere fast without it, so have to wait until later in the week to do it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Sorry for the lack of attendance yesterday, was a busy day. The funeral was quite nice, and they had a huge barbecue after. I did get exercise in this weekend, thank goodness b/c I felt like a blob. Yesterday I jogged after work and this morning I hit the elliptical at the gym. I also did cross punches and side kicks last night as well as some one legged squats. I''m trying REALLY HARD to make sure i stay on track with eating despite feasts, desserts, and chocolates abundant lol.

TLH - that will be SO FUN to run on T-giving morning

Skippy - love the pic hon and congrats on your weight being so good!

Rod - glad you got a great start to the week!!!

Lorelei - good luck on the car

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Skip- what a beautiful picture, and you look so lovely Skippers! Glad you are 2#s under goal, and that you had a blast at trivia!

shiny- I''m glad you got to spead the news (sorta) haha! Happy holidays to you and **dust** for a normal pregnancy.

Lisa- no matter what, have fun. I know our trot makes it fun for the hwole family. There are about 7 out here, and we actually pick one that is further out, because of how fun it is. It is a figure 8 around a park, which isnt the PRETTIEST of runs, but they make it a lot of fun for everyone. They have different distances too to encourage those to get moving... and those that don''t want to - has a band, a radio station, and fun play area for the kids (they have a diaper dash if you will)...

Rod- I love panera! yummy! I know the bread bowls are so high calorie, but they are soo good w/ the chx noodle soup! mmm mm ! Yeah, I kinda want to see new moon too, but NEVER on opening weekend.. too scared of the pre-teens! hah!

deegee- wow, the concert sounds like such a delight! I love this time of year... A LOT! I hop eyou have an excellent weigh in... and that your back feels better. I love that my arthritis doesn''t act up out here, the barametric pressure rarely drops enough to be an issue, but when it is... I really empathise for any pain issues at all... **dad surgery well wishes**

marcy- I LOVE HOMEMADE PIZZAS. We''re like twinsies you and me! I like your thanksgiving plans too... though my baking skills are getting rusty... I don''t have anyone to spoil, which works out fine for my waistline, but sometimes I long for the time in the kitchen icing cookies that I''ll never eat! haha! I hope that the cheesecake makes the work stress less of a pain. I actually play christmas music at my desk while I work, and it MELTS away my stress... :D (a radio station plays it almost 24x7)

Lorelei- I''m sorry that you have to get the engine rebuilt.. that sounds $$ and right at the holidays... what a time!

df- I''m glad the funeral was nice and that you were there for your SO. I hope that the loss of a loved one has not added any stress to your relationship, as that must be very difficult. While there is never a good time to lose someone, it does put into perspective the season of thanksgiving, and how we should be thankful for everything and everyone, while they are in our lives. ((hugs))

Everyone Happy Tuesday- things are good. Another long day at work... I''ve been eating these cameo apples and they are quite good. Plus this is the season they pick the bananas early, so they are quite green still - which is how I like ''em... no spots for me please... I''m not the grinch! I''ve cut up our veggies, and have been enjoying bell pepper strips and carrots as my mid afternoon snack, which is good since as stress goes up, the office chocolate count also increases. (Which I''m known to partake in from time to time...
38.gif
) I''ve also picked up Golden Spoon to serve w/ our pumpkin pie on Turkey Day. I got Pumpkin and Cinnamon flavors, which are DELICIOUS! And at approx 24 calories an ounce, it isn''t too bad on the calorie count either. (I think they use gelatin in the mix to keep the calories low, but still make it filling) it is good stuff, and I''m excited!!!

"You''re a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You''re as cuddly as a cactus,
You''re as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.
You''re a bad banana
With a greasy black peel." Dr. Seuss

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; step aerobics was fun last night!!!
9.gif
Hubby and I are meeting for Pho today, yay! It is sunny but cold out and tomorrow I babysit my nephews and I have cooking to do for Thanksgiving! hehe

Thank you for your super sweet words about my nephews; they bring me lots of joy to the family. HAPPY TUESDAY friends!!!
35.gif
Only a few more days till Turkey/Ham day!
3.gif
woohoo for team healthy lifestyle thread!!
9.gif
9.gif

SS, thanks! oh no, I had to laugh about your dad telling the whole family. He is a PROUD grandpapa, love that!!!
9.gif
super sweet!!! Aw, you are so sweet to clean your grandmas house; prayers outgoing for a healthy pregnancy.

LISA, ya for your sister being in town; that is wonderful!!!! thanks about the the nephews. hehe Thanks about my 2 lb buffer; the ww lady told me I have kept the weight off for 6 months which makes me feel good that I can do this! I loved your wedding pics, can't wait to see the more!

ROD, yay for an exclusive job offer!!! Sounds like a great week! YUM to Panera. thank you about the pic and thanks about the weight! I have kept it off for 6 mo's so I think I can keep up the good work and I feel great!!! hehe thanks for all your encouragement, you are the best!!!

DEEGEE, I love weight watchers; I feel it gives us great tools, not just about food but what causes to overeat, emotions, pressures, etc. That is so awesome you have a strong group of friends; they say if you join with a friend you are likely to lose and keep it off because you have each other as cheerleaders so you have a big team of cheerleaders and that is super incredible!!! I bet you feel and look fabulous; huge kudos to you girl!!!! thanks!!! aww, that is so sweet about your niece you sound like a fabulous Auntie!!! Lots of prayers outgoing for your dear dad! Your dad sounds like a strong and wonderful man.

MARCY, sorry about your frustrating day, yay for a day off!! I saw in another thread you said Marty is a runner; that is so cool!!! woohoo for Marty! Thanks about my nephews and the weight!

LORELEI, wow, I am sorry, I hope it all goes smoothly but that car sounds like it will be fab once it is done.

DRAGON, thanks to both! yum to a barbecue!!! YAY for jogging; you are awesome!

TLH, thank you for your super kind words. hehe I thought of you when I was at the pub! I bet you are so much fun irl and you are uber w/your runs!!! YUM for all your healthy eats, so cool! YUM to pumpkin pie!!what is the golden spoon?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I lost my post again.........so, here''s the condensed version. Good day at work. More interviews and even a new client. WOO HOO. Will be working only till noon tomorrow, then meeting Charlie at the gym in the afternoon. Having a quik diner dinner, so we an home and Charlie will make his annual Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Clove with Pumpkin pie. It''s not for the faint of heart as it''s spicy. REALLY spicy! But I enjoy it (as long as I can put a big glob of whipped ream on it!) LOL

I hope the engine is running smoothly soon Lorelei. Happy Thanksgiving from your bro!

Sorry you had to attend a funeral, but was glad it was nice Dragon........

I don''t like ripe banana''s either tlh. I like ''em nice and green myself!

Yay for fun aerobics Skippy! Have fun cooking for Thanksgiving dear friend.........

OK.....Have a great Wednesday everyone. If you''re traveling, may it be safe.........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! Quickie post - I''m going to walk Lily and go to bed. My dad called me himself today to let me know he made it through surgery and was awake and okay. He sounded wasted! I hope he sleeps well tonight and comes home tomorrow with good pain medicine. He insisted that I not change my slumber party and shopping plans with the nieces for tomorrow, and that we come in on Thursday for Thanksgiving. He''s a trooper, that''s for sure! I was down 2 lbs this week, 5 to go. Have a great holiday everyone!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!! Has everyone been working out extra hard in anticipation of T-day?!! I certainly have. I''m also planning on being conservative with my Thanksgiving gastronomic plans. I want to eat all my faves, but reasonable amounts. Haha...why is it so common to overeat at holiday meals?! I''ve been a monster at the gym. Today I was a little stupidly overambitious and took Zumba and then a class called Urban Rebounding right after. Um. Note to self: Do not do that ever again. Each class is a major cardio fest. I think I sweat off all the water in my body during Zumba, and then sweat even more off during Urban Rebounding. I couldn''t give 100% to the Rebounding class, but even at 75%, I got my butt kicked. I''m going to be very sorry tomorrow, I just know it. Maybe when I''m better conditioned, I can do the 2 classes back to back (they''re both really awesome). But OH. MON. DIEU. I barely made it home.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving week. It seems like everyone on this thread will be celebrating with family or friends, which is really wonderful. I had a patient last week ask me about my plans for Thanksgiving, and then I asked her the same. She sadly told me that she''ll be alone, and it just broke my heart in a million pieces. I''m all for having strength in being independent, but I think very few people can escape the holidays alone and unaffected by the loneliness. It got me thinking, if that were me, what would I do to keep my spirits up? Go to a movie? Read a good book? Travel?

Anyway, I wanted to say that Skippy, you looked so SO beautiful in that photo. What a lovely shot. A thousand cheers to you for making your goal weight and even having some buffer room for T-day!

tlh, I always feel so inspired by your posts!! I love the fact that you really cherish your runs. You always sound so eager to run and then so rewarded afterwards. So cool. Enjoy your turkey trot. 10K warrants a very bountiful celebration during dinner!

I''m so pooped after my trip to the gym, I''m just gonna do a little reading and then plop into bed. I''m sorry I couldn''t address everyone, but your posts are all swimming in my thoughts!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I went to work about an hour early today and worked an extra 30 minutes tonight.I feel like it is 2 am.Ugh.

I made my cheesecake for Thanksgiving tonight.It smells great.

3.gif
It is so rich I will only have a small piece on Thursday and I never bring any leftovers home.

Lorelei, sorry to hear about the troubles getting your car done.I hate car problems.

Dragonfly, that is nice to hear there was a big turnout at the funeral and everyone enjoyed visiting at a BBQ.

Tlh, my baking skills are quite rusty too.I used to bake cookies, brownies and cakes all the time but they are a rare treat anymore.My kitchen aid doesn’t get the workout it used to get.I like the idea of Christmas music at work.There are 6 of us in our office and none of us can agree on what TV show to watch or what music to listen to so we usually have on “the Blend” or 80’s music.I think we’ll try Christmas music before Christmas though.I notice that too when stress goes up at work the treats start showing up.

Skippy, have fun babysitting your cute nephews.Marty doesn’t run anymore.His knees started bothering him and he was getting shin splints so he had to quit running.

Rod, glad to hear you had an uber good day at work.Yay for a new client too.

36.gif

Deegee, what a relief for you that your dad called you to let you know he was out of surgery and okay.Have fun shopping and with the slumber party.

CrownJewel, you really pushed yourself at the gym today.You will probably be sore tomorrow poor girl.I think it is hard to be alone for the holidays.

Those of you taking off early for Thanksgiving – have a fun, safe and semi-healthy holiday!

35.gif

Take care.

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~ have a super thanksgiving w/ your family, and I''m glad you enjoyed aerobics class! the golden spoon is a fro-yo place, but REALLY low calorie. It is really good too. About as good as yogurt builders... thanks for calling me fun. I think I am a pretty fun person from time to time!

Rod- mmm that sounds yummers! Congrats on the new client. You are the best there is so I know you''ll get this person placed! Happy holidays!

deegee- glad your dad was doing well enough to dial your digits! WHOO HOO! Hope you had a nice walk w/ Lily! Enjoy thanksgiving w/ your dad, and 2#s ROCK ON SISTER!!!!!!!!!

CJ- congrats on your monster bash at the gym! I love cardio too. Though I can bite off a bit more than I can chew sometimes... I think being competitve AND stubborn don''t go well together.. haah! But mega props to you... you''ve earned a sliver of your favorites (pumpkin, apple, cherry?)
36.gif
glad you like that I love running. I''m a bit of a nut though... once you learn some of the secrets you''ll realize we ALL ARE!

marcy- http://www.kez999.com/main.html if you can listen through your computer.... after 10 am AZ time it is all xmas music all the time! (there is a little box at the bottom which says listen live...) :D 7-10am it is a morning talk show in between.... sorry you had to stay late but I''m glad at your resolve w/ the cheesecake! that is a hard temptation to NOT indulge on!!!

Everyone HELLO!!! HAPPY HUMP DAY! Yesterday me and my hubs went for a nice short 4 miler. We wanted fresh legs for the race tomorrow so we''re not running today... just walking the poochies tonight. I''m having a terrific day and wish you all the best!!!!

"Rudolph: But you fell off the edge of the cliff.
Yukon Cornelius: Didn''t I ever tell you about Bumbles? Bumbles bounce. "
Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, sounds like everyone is staying busy busy! I didn't workout last night b/c I had done the AM workout. I'm going to be taking today off from workouts as it is SO's bday and we are going to go out to ride ATV's tonight. I plan to workout all weekend though. Hopefully I'll jump on and off to post.

PS = does black friday count as exercise
11.gif

ETA - TLH I love you for those Christmas quotes

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, HLTers!

lliang~ I didn''t have any "weird" pregnancy cravings with JT, just cheese and tomatoes. Before that pregnancy, I wasn''t a huge cheese eater and I despised ketchup and uncooked tomatoes. I''ve never actually met anybody with the sardines-and-ice cream kind of cravings, just healthy foods that your body apparently needs. And, yes, hopefully with me eating lots of veggies now, THIS one will want veggies too! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving run!

Rod~ Yay for your job order, dust that you find a good candidate!

deegee~ Lots of dust and prayers for your dad''s recovery! Have fun with the slumber party!! What a good aunt you are!! lol about being ready for vacation already. I remember feeling that way when I was working. I''d schedule vacation days to fall near Holidays so I''d feel like I was getting weeks at a time off with just popping in for a couple days here and there! Woohoo for a great weigh-in!

Marcy~ Hope your Thanksgiving goodies are wonderful!

Lorelei~ Good luck for getting that engine finished!

dragon~ Glad that the funeral went well.

tlh~ JT likes his bananas on the green side too. lol with the Grinch quote. JT watched the Grinch the other day and has been singing that portion of the song ever since. Good luck on your run!

Skippy~ Have fun with your nephews!! I got to grab one of mine this week for a few hours. We had so much fun. He was telling me everything he knew about farm equipment. He''s not quite 3 and was explaining the differences in tractors and combines. Have fun cooking!

CJ~ I hear ya about knowing people are alone on the holidays. This year, we found out the my sis''s FI''s brother would be alone and another friend, so we just told them they were coming to our Thanksgiving. I can''t stand the thought of people just sitting there alone. Your workout (even one) would have killed me!

Thank you all for your pregnancy good wishes. Everything went fine at my appt. I have an ultrasound next week just to confirm everything is on track. Still no hard workout moves but got the go ahead for lots of cardio. I''m going to shoot for 5 days a week, alternating an indoor-walking workout and yoga.

I pulled and cut all the lights off my tree which was a big pain but at least it''s done. I have few blisters to show for it! I got the tree all fluffed back up again yesterday and I''ll be wrestling with my new lights today. I picked up new LED lights. I don''t remember what size they''re called, but they''re bigger than minis and smaller than c7. I''ll be cooking and baking the rest of the day. DH has 5 days off for Thanksgiving so I''ll be keeping him busy too! We''ll decorate our tree and put up the rest of our outdoor decorations on Friday. Absolutely NO shopping for me this weekend!

Have a safe, healthy, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df- have fun riding the atv''s- I heard that can be a workout in and of itself trying to stay on!
shiny- so happy you are doing well - and that you are approved for light cardio, and have fun w/ your veggie cravings!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!!! Happy day before Turkey/Ham Day!
41.gif
I am in charge of making baklava and a side dish; I am going to make half the baklava chocolate. hehe I hope it turns out good. I also have a side dish I will make right before I go over tomorrow. I am glad my parents are bringing a nice big salad. I am with CrownJewel and tomorrow everything in moderation; I always feel sick if I eat too much so I going to remind myself of that tomorrow. Also, I will have hubby walk with me too! hehe

Happy WED friend and have a wonderful Thanksgiving w/your loved ones tomorrow
35.gif

ROD, hehe I remember you said Charlie got a little wild w/the spices. lol I love pumpkin pie but my sis req't baklava so eat some for me please dear friend!!!

DEEGEE, oh that is good news on your dear dad; prayers continued for a speedy recovery. Woohooo for 5 lbs away from goal and 2 lbs lost; you are a super star!!!
36.gif
Have fun with your nieces! You are a great aunt!

CROWNJEWEL, aw, that poor lady; it makes one count their blessings for sure. You sound like such a great doctor! Thank you for your super sweet words!! wooohoooo for your 2 UBER workouts!!!! I am working out the same I think. hehe Yay for all your workouts!!!

MARCY, yum to your dessert. thanks! don't work too hard.

TLH, oh I love fro yo!!! We don't have ANY out here; I wish we did! 4 miles is long to me! hehe woohooo for your run!!!

DRAGON, yay for ATVing!!

SS, yay for yoga and walking; I will keep you in my prayers during your pregnancy. Ouch to the blisters. Yay for decorating your tree Friday!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! It was a nice day. I worked until about 12:30, then I met Charlie for coffee at Sbucks, before heading to the gym for a nice long workout. After our workout, we had a nice dinner at our little diner. I went to Sbucks to get some decaf and Charlieheaded home to make his 'uber' spice pie (which turned out really pretty and smells just wonderful). We'll sleep in a bit in the monring, then we're having a real home made breakfast. Eggs, homemade sausage, before starting our dinner. Dinner won't be super fancy, but it will be good. We're having turkey, stuffing, home made mashed potatoes, my own giblet gravy, green beans with mushrooms and sour dough rolls and of course, Charlie's specially spiced pie. I'm still thinking about running tomorrow, but I ran into a doctor friend at the gym who knew about my disc issue and he commented he was afraid that running might be difficult on my back. So, I may or may not run. I sure don't need to be in pain after I've finally become pain free.

I'm glad your dad called to tell you he did OK after his surgery. YAY for being down 2 pounds and I'm sure the 5 more will melt away quickly.

Good for you working out hard CJ!! I hope you're not too sore tomorrow and do at least allow yourself some indulgences tomorrow.

I love cheesecake Marcy............I'm sure you made a wonderful one. My mom's cheescake is so special. It would take all day to make and she even hand riced her cheese, so we didn't get one except on very special occassions. It's too much for her to make anymore, so I've asked for the recipe. It's her own recipe and one she worked on for years. She's made me promise I will never share the recipe outside the family.

Thanks so much tlh!! I don't about being the best, but I do work hard and I care about my clients and candidates. Have a great run tomorrow and a super Thanksgiving.

I hope SO's birthday was truly special dragon. I've never been on an ATV, but I'm betting they're lot's of fun. Yes.......Black Fridy definitely counts a s workout!!

Sounds like a lot of work pulling all the lights off your tree. I'm sure the LEDs will be really cool. We put hundreds and hudreds of lights on our tree. I like lights that blink in random orders. To me, it's magical! I hope hubby enjoys his time off. Don't make him work too hard.

Chocolate baklava sounds wonderful Skippy! I'll eat a piece of pumpkin pie for you and you eat a piece of baklava for me. Happy Thanksgiving dear friend!

That's it for me.........I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we all worry about calories, but we also all workout and do everything we can to be healthy. Every once in a while it's OK to eat what you want and not feel guilty, so tomorrow's such a day. Enjoy yourself, enjoy the family and friends who share tomorrow with you. Give thanks for all the wonderful things we have in our lives and for our health and just indulge a bit. We have plenty of time to work off the extra calories.

Your buddy.........Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!Happy Thanksgiving!I got my lime cheeseball made tonight and will make my salad in the morning.I am anxious to see my little nephews tomorrow.

Tlh, I think you sound like a fun person!Thanks for the website; we cannot listen to streaming video or audio at work but have the holiday channels on Sirius on TV.I am sure we will listen to it sometimes next month.I had it on in my car the other day and thought “wow what a pretty voice” and it was Susan Boyle.I wonder if she put out a Christmas CD.Good luck to you and your DH in the turkey trot tomorrow.

Dragonfly, I absolutely agree shopping on Black Friday has got to count as exercise.I am sad to be working that day but it sounds like Marty is going to go out shopping that day.

Somethingshiny, that is great you are not having unhealthy food cravings.My mom used to crave peanut butter, mustard sandwiches when she was pregnant.She actually still iikes them too.Yay for a long weekend for your husband.Have fun cooking and decorating.

Skippy, good idea to go with CrownJewels plan; enjoy things but in moderation.Especially so we don’t get miserable from overeating.

Rod, how nice you got off early today.Your menu for breakfast and dinner tomorrow sound wonderful.As hard as you workout I maybe wouldn’t run either if it might bother your back again.I would hate for your back to flare up again.Your mom’s cheesecake sounds great.

I want to echo what Rod said to all of you.Enjoy your time and treats tomorrow; it’s a day for letting go a little without regrets.Friday get out there and shop and burn off some of those extra calories!

Take care my friends.Have a special and memorable Thanksgiving.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone..........It was a really really nice day. We got up around 9 and fixed a nice breakfast while watching the Macy''s Thanksgiving Parade. Then we got the turkey, stuffing and giblet gravy going. I really didn''t want to hurt my back, so I decided not to run. Instead, we went for a nice brisk 4 mile walk along Tampa Bay. It was cool and breezy and just a perfect day down here. Dinner turned out just perfect. We had a nice bottle of wine and sat on the terrace and watched the cruise ship sail out. And Charlie''s spicey pumpkin pie was really terrific. I have no plans for tomorrow. I''m avoiding the malls like the plague tomorrow, besides, we''re really not buying much this Xmas. Charlie''s working until 5, so I''m just going to relax. I''ll go to the gym Saturday afternoon.

Hey Marcy...........I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a great day today and the upcoming weekend is wonderful........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you - a few months ago we told my little nephew you had to wind up your finger to start our car (it is keyless) and he remembered that. So when we were leaving he asked me if he could start our car again and I see him outside talking to my sister and he is waving his finger around. So we let him start our car after sufficient finger winding up and he was all smiles. Too cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving!! We saw the best movie, The Fantastic Mr. Fox; loved this movie!!!
9.gif
I did some online shopping and the weather was fabulous so hubby and I walked; it was 60 degrees out and the sun was shinning! Tomorrow we will either walk or bike. We ate rich foods (I had one serving of each); thank goodness Thanksgiving is once a year!

MARCY, how cute about your nephew. how old is he? How old are your other nephews? glad it was a great day!!! Kids are super smart and don't forget!!! lol especially if it is something fun! hehe Happy shopping tomorrow. eta: I missed your other post, sorry you have to work tomorrow but glad you had a wonderful day with family.

ROD, yum to pumpkin pie, my favorite!!! My sister made an apple crisp that was yummy so that made up for no pumpkin pie. My BIL teased my Sis because we always have too many desserts. He said next year, my wife will make pumpkin pie, baklava and you Skippy make the apple crisp.
2.gif
hehe he cracks me up! Your day sounded lovely!

TLH wooohooo for your turkey trot, woman!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results