shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 22nd Sept till 28th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Marcy, what a nice jeweler
9.gif
36.gif
. I imagine the garnets will be beautiful. Please post pictures when you receive your new pendant and earrings ok???

Hi everyone
35.gif

Love, Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linda! I agree - what a nice jeweler! I haven''t bought anything there that cost me more than a few hundred dollars but I have bought things about once a year or so for awhile. I will post pictures when I get them all.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

It''s getting hard to keep up with this thread, but I try to at least lurk throughout the week. I hope everyone''s doing well.

I went to the nutritionist for the second time last week, and she said that I''m right on track. Officially, based on her scale, I''ve lost 7 pounds since the end of July. Going by my scale, which I prefer, I''ve lost 10 pounds. I''m not sure which one is truly accurate, but either way, the numbers look better than they did when we got back from our honeymoon. I still feel like I''ve been in a rut, but the nutritionist assured me that slow and steady is the way to go. I know, I know. I''m really happy that this whole weight loss thing has kicked in. It feels good to be accomplising something like this.

I went with a few co-worker friends to a friend''s wedding last night and we had a blast. Dinner was great and the champagne and wine were fabulous-- oh my! My head''s a little fuzzy this morning. I rarely drink, so I considered it a treat.
9.gif
My husband stayed home for the evening -- the wedding was a girls'' night out for my friends and I.

I think we''re going to hit the gym and go for a swim today. It''s been raining all weekend, so we can''t go for a walk as I had hoped. Other than that, I have papers to correct and laundry to do. What an exciting Sunday!

Have a good day all! I''ll try to check in later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning my HLT friends.I woke up with a cold.
14.gif
One of the guys I play cards with at lunch was sick with one on Thursday and Friday.I am going to smack him tomorrow.
11.gif
LOL!I am completely out of cold medicine since everything I had for last year expired.I will head to the store after I shower and eat breakfast to pick something up.Stupid cold!On the lighter side the old Marcy used to say “Feed a cold, Feed a fever”.
rotflmao2.gif
I certainly don’t follow that philosophy anymore.

Marty is flying in to DIA today about noon.Depending on how he feels I might meet him at the outlet mall between here and there to shop for a few hours.Then we will meet my family for dinner at 5.If he is tired and just wants to get home we’ll pass on going to dinner.He is leaving for California again tomorrow so might just want to enjoy an afternoon at home instead.

Zoe, it is hard to keep up with this thread.Congratulations for losing 10 pounds.
woohoo.gif
I would go with your scale. I am glad the nutritionist thinks you are doing things correctly.And yes slow and steady works the best for this.

Have a great day!
36.gif

Marcy

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning HLT-ers!

I woke up sore again this morning....gotta love re-training the leg muscles again!!!!

FI bugged me to get out of bed to go on a short walk so we went on a 35-40 min quick walk around the neighborhood.

Went out to dinner last night as a treat. We spent all day cleaning the garage and putting some stuff in the attic. I am proud to say that I didn't order soda (yay) I did have a Pellegrino instead....very refreshing with lime and no calories or fat for a whole liter! FI even drank water at dinner too! I did have some tortellini alfredo....not good for you but I split the portion with FI!He ordered Chicken Lasagna with Marinara and I had about 1/2 of his portion...Basically we traded dishes half way through to change up the taste buds (since the alfredo is very heavy tasting!!!!) (We also split a small canoli...yum)

It's back to healthy food today though! I may even exercise a bit later after the sun goes down.

Congrats Zoe on losing weight....it's always a good feeling! :D

Marcy, hope you feel better soon!

Everyone- Have a great Sunday and enjoy healthy living for another beautiful day!!!

PD

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my 30 min walk/jog this morning and increased the jogging portion! The debris trucks were out again today so I had to alter my route, but it was good workout.

Marcy,
I hope you feel better. Get well soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Ended up cutting my workout short today, so only about 45 mins on the elliptical.

Haven''t had much to eat today, just some strawberries, blueberry yogurt, baby carrots and a zone bar. The HH is making some sort of chicken for dinner so I will probably end the day in good shape.

Gotta bolt -- be back later!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

I went on a run all by myself tonight. FI only likes to walk so I actually went jogging tonight since he is at work. I did a little over 5 miles in about 90 mins...which for me, is pretty horrible considering I used to run a mile in 7 or 8 mins.....

Then again, Rome wasn't built in a day....(I keep having to tell myself that)

I am excited that I did about 120 mins of cardio today!!!

I do notice that between 4-7 p.m. is the greatest time of risk for me to crave something "bad" like a soda or something junky like pizza. So, what I did was I went grabbed 2 lightly salted rice cakes and a bottle of water. I ended up being full after that and then went on my run!

Now I actually am not hungry at all! (just a bit sore!!!!)

Good job to appletini and Dee*Jay for working out today 30 and 45 mins of cardio is actually a lot more than we think! :D

Here's to a new week! Have a great evening!
35.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I know it is about to be a new day tomorrow.. but I just wanted to introduce myself (again
3.gif
, i posted a new thread). I just LOVE looking at all of you guys working out and checking in with each other, it''s awesome!

I hope to be involved a little more in this forum, because it seems to really help. I just wanted to say

GOOD JOB!!!!!

to everyone.
1.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
YAY ILA-

Welcome! In the 3 days i have been posting on the HLT thread, I noticed that the "checking in" has kept me in check on my eating and exercise habits...

I certainly don't want to pop on here tomorrow morning and say ...

"Well everyone, I ruined my progress and hard work by drinking 3 sodas, eating a double whopper with cheese and a large fry with sweet n sour sauce..."

I subconciously think of what I will post the next day and that I not only have to be honest on here but honest with myself!!!!

I also found that my nutrition tracker on spark people is helping as well.

They set a goal for me of 1200-1500 cals/day....which now that I am counting my calories and recording my food, I realize I have easily tripled those calories in my "old days". It's crazy how restaurant foods and sodas sneak up on you!!!!!!

Again, welcome aboard!!!!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I ate too much and definitely drank too much on top of DayQuil so once I get a batch of clothes out of the dryer for Marty I am off to bed.Drinking on top of DayQuil is NOT a smart idea!I am practically in a coma!

Marty is home but off to California tomorrow.I am going to latch on to him next weekend and tell him he’s not going anyway for awhile.LOL!

My cold is definitely getting worse.Aak.I swear I am hunting down that guy at work tomorrow who had a cold and smacking him.Thanks for all of your well wishes.

PrincessDijon, I hope you get over being sore soon.That is awesome you think checking in here has helped keep you accountable for your exercise and eating habits.It’s an awesome group whether you have a healthy day or not.

Appletini, I am glad you had a nice walk / jog this morning.I hope they get all the debris cleaned up soon.

DeeJay, it sounds like you ate healthy today.I cleaned and cut up a quart of strawberries today.I love them!

ILoveAsschers, I am looking forward to getting to know you better on this forum.There are many wonderful people on this forum who are very helpful with suggestions and support as we strive to live a healthier life style.

Take care.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results