shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 22nd Sept till 28th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite Green Tea and fresh blueberries!!

GreenTea and Blueberry.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you too Skippy!

Rod, your photos are wonderful. You all look terrific and it looks like you were having a great time. Thanks for posting them for us.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, the four us enjoying our FroYo!!

At Caliyogurt.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed both your posts Skippy and Marcy! Yay for giving in to cravings Marcy. And craving chicken is way better than craving a triple hot fudge sunday anyway!! Enjoy your visit with you FIL Skippy. Do check in won''t you. We''ll miss you if you''re not around, you know!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pictures, everyone is so dang good looking, wooo hoo; thanks for the pics!!
36.gif
Beautiful people!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a fly-by.....

We''re home and JT''s doing pretty well. He only lost about a half teaspoon of during the entire surgery, and he was able to keep down two cups of ice and pee yesterday so we got to come home yesterday afternoon instead of spending the night at the hospital. Last night was pretty rough for him and he''s had ups and downs all day, but as good or better than expected. All of the staff at the hospital was amazing! They really made it easy to be calm.

I didn''t realize until today that I must have been holding tons of tension in my shoulders. Today, I''m forcing myself to keep them down instead of held up around my ears!

I made some yummy tacos for supper but I felt so bad for JT because he really wanted one. His tortilla and cheese just didn''t cut it!

Well, that''s all for now. I didn''t get much sleep last night and I''m not anticipating much more tonight, so off to bed with me.

Have a great tomorrow!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
ACK!!! Just lost my big o'' post!
14.gif
I thought of you, Skippy!

Anyhoo, let''s try this again. Well, it''s day two of back on the wagon. Last night, I met up with my trainer and went to the gym afterwards for 35 minutes of cardio. I was tired coming off of my cold but managed to push through. We grabbed a bite at a japanese restaurant afterwards. Today was one of those days where there just aren''t enough hours in the day. I had a work function to attend in the early evening. I ran longer than I thought so I didn''t have time to get to the gym. Oh well. At least I stayed away from the cookies and chips at the reception and had fruit salad instead. That''s a small victory in my book.

What a cutie your pup is, Miscka!

Zoe, sorry you had a bit of a rough patch but YAY for getting back on track! I have a hard time too with my honey when it comes to eating out. I remind him to be supportive and he means well but its tough to be good when he''s eating tasty bad things in front of me.

Hope you guys enjoy your FIL, Skippy! I''ll look forward to your cheerful posts when you have time to squeeze them in! Wish I could take you to Hawaii! This will be my third trip. My goal is to visit all of the islands.

Hi Marcy! You are the second person I know who''s allergic to chicken! My honey''s allergic to it and I thought he was the only one! But he can''t have chicken at all, a small bit would make him sick. MMMM... I love chicken biscuit sandwiches and nuggets. I know, not great but sometimes you have to feed a craving. At least you''re gonna walk afterwards!
1229624hsc8ejp7lr.gif
Rod! Looks like you guys had a great time! The image of the uber guys trying to impress the cheerleaders at your gym cracked me up! Mmm... the Palm. Should be a great meal!

Apple, YAY for walks! BOO to lame internet providers!

Geckodani, sorry to hear about your coworker''s mom and that the news set off some emotional binging. I''m glad to hear you''re back on Core and are motivated again!
Fiery, hope your back feels better soon! YAY for three pounds gone!
1236057qd9orpxyzi.gif

Kim, hope you catch up on some sleep soon.
sleepy.gif

SDL, YAY for days off! Wow 40 degrees in Julian! Pretty chilly! Pie and apple cider sound heavenly!
chowtimeguy.gif
You can drop 10 to 15 pounds in 11 weeks! We''ll be on the same path... I have 9 weeks to Hawaii!

GC29, hope you feel better soon! I just came off a bad cold so I feel for you.

Hi Steph! MMMmmm, homemade pretzels! First, cupcakes, now pretzels! Bet your house smells tasty all the time!!!

SS, glad to hear JT''s doing well and that you guys are home. Hope you get some rest!

Good night everyone!
1236095icwbwasd8f.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, so true that chicken – even in a breaded and fried state – is better than a huge hot fudge sundae.

Somethingshiny, I am glad JT is home already.Poor little guy, I hope he recovers quickly.I also hope your stress level goes down and you catch up on sleep.

Panda, rats for losing your big post.Yay for staying away from the cookies and chips at the reception.You honey’s reaction to chicken is like mine to turkey.I get so sick from it I honestly should just go check in to the hospital.I can take some chicken about once a month with minimal side effects but if I eat it more often I start getting pretty sick from it.

Well, it’s past my bedtime.Laters.

Marcy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes for my coworker''s mom all - they seem to have caught it early and are really optimistic.

Skippy - Thanks! I ¢¾ Core.

Rod - Nice pics! I so want green tea ice cream now.
9.gif

SomethingShiny - ((HUGS))

Thanks Panda!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did go on my walk/jog last night and glad I did I needed it, but when I go tonight I''m going to spray myself with some OFF. I was worried about starting the potatoes in the oven while I was out, but DH was home early, and then got distracted trying to log into work via my work lappy (IT guy hooked me up with an aircard so DH can do his IT work that he needs to do), so I got to throw the potatoes in the oven do my walk/jog and then when I got back it was DHs turn to jog. We had jalapeno pecan stuffed pork chops with the baked potatoes all of which were delicious. So tonight will be baked potatoes with my mustard herb chicken chicken thighs.

Also when I was finishing up and walking near the tennis courts at the park one of the guys was asking if we had power and I said yes, and he didnt, so I felt kind of bad, he was wondering how we got, but we are very close to an elementary school and they have been trying to get schools up and running agin so I think thats why.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

SS, sorry about the rough night, but hooray for JT being able to go home. Take care of yourself and the poor lil'' guy! You''re in my thoughts.

Rod, Dee, Charlie, and Bill, could the four of you be any cuter?! And that yoggie looks yummy.

Skip, enjoy your visit with your FIL.

Marc, that''s certainly not the worst craving in the world.

Panda, great job pushing through your workout!

Apple, that dinner sounds YUM! How''s your house doing?

Steph, have you had a chance to try barley yet?

Hi steph, gecko, Lorelei, et. al....

No workout again yesterday as I tutored. We had pork tenderloin and quinoa for dinner along with a fruit salad. I''m going to the gym this afternoon, straight from work. I''m taking a sign language class through the city with a few girlfriends and that starts tonight so today will be a bit busy. Not sure what I''ll do for dinner.

Have a good one!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
SS, yes excited about JT, I''m sure both of you are looking forward to him not being sick all the time.

Kim, House is fine, we were really lucky. Its great to have power back!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 9:40:32 AM
Author: appletini

Kim, House is fine, we were really lucky. Its great to have power back!
Hooray for having power back, apple! I''m happy for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pics DJ! You all look fabu! BTW, I noticed you were eating my favoirte Sushi roll--the one with avacado; I plan on having it tonight! YUM!

I plan on a run here in a few minutes--it is pretty cool, but at least not yet. Frost warning for the Foothills, but I don''t think it came. I have not been outside running for several days--gosh life gets in teh way. BUt today is a good day!

Keep well gangaronni!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

I had to pop in here to say: I love the photos Rod!! All of you look fantastic!!! I wanted to dive in to the green tea and blueberries. YUM YUM YUM. I wish they had one of those places in our town. Please tell Charlie, he does NOT look 60.

Marcy: I miss chatting with you.
35.gif

Love, Linda

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my dog.
9.gif
I got him during a rough time in my life, and it was the best decision I ever made!

Rod, great pics! That yogurt made my mouth water! I love fresh blueberries.

SDL sorry you are feeling bad
8.gif
Don''t worry about the pound, you are still doing great! Feel better soon!!

Steph your pretzels sound great! Was it difficult?

GoingCrazy, I hope you feel better soon too!

Zoe, I have a similar problem with my roomie. We hang out a lot, and can be bad influences on each other to spend and/or eat too much! It is so hard when she suggests something bad for me to decline.

Things here are going pretty well. I have been walking a lot with Rhett so that has been fun, the weather is gorgeous here! Food-wise I have been doing pretty well. Eating LOTS of fresh pineapple, yum! I also started subbing plain rice cakes for the krinkle sticks, which is helping my salt problem. On Saturday my roomie and I are going to a concert an hour away, and the town has an all you can eat sushi bar! We are going and I am so excited! It is hard for me to get enough calories on this diet to sustain a lot of activity like that, so this should be perfect!

Hi everyone else!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Work and gym done, going to class in a few minutes, then dinner (cod, veggies) when I get home. Perhaps a bit of ice cream after such a busy day! ha ha ha

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
It’s a beautiful evening here. I enjoyed the stars on my way home from school. You can find Venus right after sunset in the west and Jupiter is the brightest star high in the south as darkness falls. Just in case you are interested!
Geckodani, I am glad they caught it early.
Appletini, I leave potatoes on a timer in our oven sometimes and they turn out great. I am glad you have electricity but I am sure there are a lot of people still without. Pretty sad.
Kimi, have fun at class tonight.
Sharon, glad to hear the frost didn’t come – I know it’s getting closer every day.
Michelle, it sounds like you are having a rough day. I hope you feel better and soon and no worries about that pound. It will be gone soon.
Hi Linda. I’ve missed you too. How are you? Do you have any more camping trips planned this year? We have to winterize ours and soon.
Miscka, I am glad you and Rhett had a nice walk today. I love fresh pineapple.
Take care!
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy
35.gif

I think we may go for a few days in October. The weather is still lovely here. Was in the 90''s today. Last week it was cold. Go figure. I will take your cold weather, if you want to send it to me.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s 11:30 and I need to get to bed, but wanted to thank everyone for the compliments on the pics. Linda......Charlie thanks you BIG TIME for commenting he doesn''t look 60. He thinks he''s looking older, but when we see other people who are 60, they often really look 60. He''s youthful and energetic for sure!

It was such a long day. I left work a few minutes early to get to the gym, so I could leave the gym earlier, but such was not the case. I still wound up not walking out of the gym till a few minutes after 9. Then I came home and did some more work as we have an all day planning session tomorrow and each of us has to make a 1/2 hour presentation on our yearly business plan. They''re usually a dog and pony show, but at least mine is done and ready for tomorrow. At least I get a great dinner tomorrow night at the Palm!

Sorry I can''t say hey to everyone individually. I''m not sure what time I''ll be home tomorrow night, so I may or may not be able to check in.

Thanks again everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, I am glad the weather is so nice and you’ll get a chance to go camping some more. We were going to a star party this weekend but since Marty is in Arizona we’ll be missing it. I might drive out in my car and visit. I offered to pull the trailer out there myself by Marty didn’t think I would do too well driving our “semi” down the road. Trust me, I wouldn’t want to try especially if I had to back up. I will try blowing some cool air in your direction every morning.
Rod, sorry to hear you had another long day. Mine was a “Rod” day too. I had a lot of frustrations at work today but it’s nice to know the stress doesn’t impact my health like it used to.
Speaking of “like I used to” I have to post this picture I found tonight. This is me from Christmas 2001. When I saw it I pretty much said “OMG!” And I hate to admit it but the bracelet I have on is from a mall store that sells as DeeJay says “frozen spit”. I did sell it a few years ago to put the money towards a much nicer diamond bracelet.

Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

xmas05.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
A late work night for me
15.gif
I did manage to squeeze in 40 minutes at the gym before meeting my honey for sushi. I had two hand rolls, salmon and spicy scallop, with no rice and some seaweed salad. I was surprisingly full after just that. But then again, I had a 20 oz. bottle of vitamin water during my workout and that definitely filled me up. I think I need to start drinking more water before meals!!!

Sorry for the quick fly by, I need to hit the sack!

Come on, Marcy, you can''t just post your 2001 "before" picture without an "after" picture!!!

Hope everyone''s doing well! *HUGS*

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Panda - here I was a week ago.

mcsep22.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry it was huge - maybe someone with "powers" can delete that one. Try this one.

mcsep221.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
SDL, I bought them that way. Our local gourmet grocery Central Market (similar to Whole Foods) has them in the butcher''s case, so its makes them really easy and DH loves pork chops so I get them for him every once in awhile. They also have 6-8 different marinated pork tenderloins that are all awesome.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen....I am making my debut post on the HLT today!

I was checking this thread and that froyo with the blueberries looks fab!!!
Also, Marcy, your transformation is amazing....great job!

Anyway, I started on my "lifestyle change" today. I am adopting the mindset of "One meal at a time" that will make it easiest to manage.

I have a ton of protein shakes left from about 6 months ago that are still good so I actually had one for breakfast this morning (I use the Myoplex Lite by EAS in Chocolate Fudge). I even had a bottle of water this morning and took my vitamins! Wahoo!

I know that my weak point is late afternoon time so I have to watch out for that and of course, the late night eating....

Thanks for having this thread here and I am looking forward to posting some more!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:36:58 AM
Author: marcyc
Sorry it was huge - maybe someone with 'powers' can delete that one. Try this one.
I gotta get to work and will have more later but wanted to pop in and say, Marcy, you look INCREDIBLE!!!!
36.gif

ETA: welcome, Dijon! We were posting at the same time!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you look wonderful!!!

Welcome to the thread PDJ!
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all.

I''ve only perused the posts, so generally: Yay for fab looking pics and blueberries, Yay for chili and BAH to illness, Yay for cardio and electricity, Yay for concerts too! Thank you to all of you for your kind support for JT and me!!

I think all I''ve eaten for a couple days has been chili and corn chips. Well, the only hot food anyway. I decided to make a giant crock of chili to keep DH fed while we''re on such an up and down schedule for a few days. It was a good decision! JT didn''t have any chili (I make it pretty spicy), but he did sneak some corn chips. Apparently it didn''t hurt enough to deter him from taking more. My sisses and nephew are coming over tomorrow AM to see JT. He''s supposed to be pretty much down, but that''s hard with a two year old! He and his cousin have been asking for each other, so we figured we''d let them play for a while. Last night was a whole lot better, he only woke up once.

apple~have you posted your mustard herb chicken in the recipe thread??

Kimi~ I''ve always wanted to take a sign language class. I''ve never gotten around to it because I don''t actually know anybody who uses it, I just think it would be a great "foreign" language to know. Good Luck with learning quickly!

Have a great today and a better tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI gangaronni!
35.gif

Marcy--I love how you look so goood!!!!! Way to go girl! (btw that red in the 2001 photo is a good color on you....)

This mornings run was absolutely beautiful, I was SO energized by the warm bright sunny day; I think today was the highest I''ve every lifted my knees while running! And fast! Felt all powerful...then I pooped out and walked home. But no knee pain which is good. Not that I need an excuse to drink champagne! LOL

Off to do errands...enjoy your day everyone!

in health--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results