shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st Dec till 7th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 10:22:31 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Date: 12/4/2008 3:09:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/3/2008 2:37:11 PM

Author: Skippy123

Or ice ice baby like Lorelei says.

Skippers.....I have a little surprise for you....
11.gif

Hair looks gorge!!!!

Arrgghh! I''m not the one who this was directed to but once again, I got sucked in by it! The funny thing is I just UN-bookmarked this link last week! DH thinks he''s SOO cool for knowing all the words to 80''s white rap!
face20.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yoga last night was GREAT!!! I kept my snacking down to almost nonexistent (in my terms I guess) and was able to keep up with yoga the entire 90 mins :) The only things I had trouble with were the things I always have trouble with. Back and side bends (I feel like I can''t breathe) and balance stuff (when you''re on one leg). I just can''t ever do those poses. I did have a big lunch yesterday but in hindsight I think that was a good thing since we didn''t eat until 9:30. Sister and I made some Thai "Tom Kar" soup :) Yum Yum!!! It didn''t have lemongrass in it but was still very tasty. :) I had 2 helpings, which might not have been the best thing, but it sure was tasty. James gave me a Kinder Happy Hippo candy and I ate that too. Those things are sooo good. I''m going to try to import some in for him for Christmas. :)

Museikchik, HOORAY for the weight loss and inch loss!!!
36.gif

Rod, sorry your day was such a bummer. I''m sure working out helps to get some of that negativity out. I hope things get better today. Sushi sounds tasty, tasty!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ok personal challenge for myself. NO goldfish until I get to my goal toning. No junk food at all. If I snack it has to be veggie or fruit. Lorelei do you mind holding me accountable? Just like... check in to make sure I didn''t? That way I have to answer to someone.
Had dinner with cousins last night. We had some calamari (so bad) and salad and I had a little of my ravioli which is stuffed with chicken, ricotta and spinach. I''m finishing it today with half a little salad. This morning I did 40 mins of Billy Banks Cardio Tae Bo Bootcamp. Much needed. I''m Tonight I''m cooking for a friend and have to run to cvs and publix then hopefully gonna get some tone work and jumping jacks done.

Marcy - I full expect to see a picture of your snow front yard with that tree decorated by Christmas time.
27.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:37:55 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Ok personal challenge for myself. NO goldfish until I get to my goal toning. No junk food at all. If I snack it has to be veggie or fruit. Lorelei do you mind holding me accountable? Just like... check in to make sure I didn't? That way I have to answer to someone.
Had dinner with cousins last night. We had some calamari (so bad) and salad and I had a little of my ravioli which is stuffed with chicken, ricotta and spinach. I'm finishing it today with half a little salad. This morning I did 40 mins of Billy Banks Cardio Tae Bo Bootcamp. Much needed. I'm Tonight I'm cooking for a friend and have to run to cvs and publix then hopefully gonna get some tone work and jumping jacks done.

Marcy - I full expect to see a picture of your snow front yard with that tree decorated by Christmas time.
27.gif
Dragonfly, I will join you in the no junk if we can do it for a week on Monday? I need a buddy too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippppppeeee, I lost the Thanksgiving lb I gained. The only naughty thing is that hubby and I went to lunch and ate way too much so I might not have lost the lb; this place has wonderful food and it was so nice to sit and relax with my sweetie and we ended up eating the cheese with fruit for dessert ack. Tomorrow I have a party to go to and I bought lots of veggies to cut up and take and I am glad I am doing that because I found out there is just lots of desserts and cheese type, chips, etc.

I want to get a walk into today; I slept horribly last night so I need to go out and walk. I kept having bad dreams. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! TGIF
36.gif

ROD, I am sorry about that company not able to hire that wonderful person; I pray some other company needs. I get emotionally wrapped in people I know too so I feel for you. At lunch I was telling hubby how wonderful you are. He asked me is he the guy with the cool BMW and I said yes! hehe I told him that if you guys come out here I get to be your personal tour guide. hehe
9.gif

DEEJAY, thanks for the compliment. hehe Eh, when I make cookie I end up eating like 5 or 6; I got you beat. hehe When is the party? You wild woman; you are good. I use to love to have party's but now I am the complete opposite.

LLIANG, wow, that is cold! How fun that you are getting married!

TACORI, hi sweet!

LORELEI & SOMETHINGSHINY, lol that SS fell for it. hehehe Lorelei, thanks for your kind words about the hair! hehe

MARCY, what a gorgeous picture. That tree is perfect. Yay, you and I lost our holiday weight at the same time, funny!!!! Kudos!! I love fuzzy socks!

MUSEIKCHIK, thank you for your sweet words. Yay for getting smaller, sounds like you are doing awesome! Is that your kitty in your avatar, too cute!

ZOE, you are doing great hugs!

FRANK82, glad you joined us! wooo hooo for the gym!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Rod,

As I mentioned earlier today, I''m not sure whether you saw my ansswer to your question about what my husband does. Here''s the original post from a couple of weeks or so ago:

"Rod -- thanks so much for offering to help!! My husband has been a senior data and reporting analyst for a student loan company for the past two years. The company hasn''t been doing well, and they''ve had three rounds of layoffs in the past 6 months. Before that, my husband worked as a database administrator for a local regional hospital. He''s created Microsoft Access databases for doctors and nurses and he''s worked in the hospital''s IT department. He had worked there for about 8 years or so.
I just asked him to chime in and so now I''m typing his words verbatim: He''s worked "primarily with Microsoft Access, SQL, VBA, HTML, Classic ASP, Java Script, Excel, VB Script, and various banded report writers, such as Crystal Reports" (by the way, none of these words mean much to me -- the computer illiterate one in our small family)."

My husband''s still looking for a new position. He''s been contacting head hunters in this area (north of Boston) as well as ones in other areas of the country. We''re considering relocating to North Carolina or some place with a warmer climate and good job prospects for both of us. We''d still love to have all 4 seasons though, which is how we came up with NC. We''re open to other places as well but these have been our thoughts lately.

So far my husband''s gotten a few calls for short-term contract positions, but they haven''t been great, salary-wise. At his last job, he was a senior data and reporting analyst, and he''s been calls for more junior-type projects.

Anyway, I didn''t want you to think that I had forgotten to answer your question.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGIF!

It''s been a busy one, so i''m glad to see the workweek come to a close.

I missed bootcamp yesterday, as i was naughty on Wed eve and indulged a bit too much at a wine tasting and stayed out waaay too late for a "school night". Needless to say, i wasn''t keen on working out at the crack of dawn yesterday. Then we celebrated 2 bdays here in the office. I had a bite-sized piece of each sweet treat, and that was enough for me.

I got right back on track today with the bootcamp and eating- YAHOO! We''re heading out to dinner tonite with friends, so i''ve been doing extra-good with my food today.

I''ve got a couple of things to do before i can head out of the office, so I better get back to that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I walked today, yay!!! I did 40 mins; it was very cold so it was a quick walk. Have a great evening!

Charger wooo hoooo for Bootcamp!

Zoe, howdy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and YAYAY for Friday. I didn''t sleep well last night. I guess I was thinking about the guy I wrote about yesterday. The good news is I found another opportunity with a different client and got him submitted today, so hopefully, they''ll be interested in him. Otherwise, it was a typically long day. I didn''t leave till nearly 6, which is too late on a Friday. I met Charlie and one of his co-workers for Sushi. She is young and married just one year and just found out she''s expecting their first child! Afterward, Charlie and I had a cup of coffee at the closer Sbucks, but our friend was tired and went home. Charlie''s on call tomorrow, but that only means he has to call one hour before his "on-call" time and they''ll tell him if they need him or not. If theydon''t need him, we''ll have a regular Saturday, including a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon. I''m not sure what we''ll do tomorrow night, but it will probably be low key..........

Thanks for the Pic Marcy. I may not like to be in snow, but when I see a picture like that, I do miss it, just a teensy tiny bit..........LOL Good for you being within 1/2 pound of where you were before!

Hey museikchik! Yay for losing another pound and for a smaller body fat percentage. WOO HOO FOR YOU!!

Zoe, I must have missed your response to me earlier with your husbands skills. I would be more than happy to offer him any assistance I can. PS rules prevent me from publishing any personal data, such as my telephone number or email address. There are a few friends here who do have my personal contact and they are Skippy, DeeJay, Lorelei and Monnie. So, if you have a connection to at least one of them, they could let you know how to reach me. I don''t think I''ll get in trouble for naming the company I work for. The company is Lucas Group. We''re one of the nations largest executive search firms. You could Google Lucas Group and find the Tampa office phone number and your husband could call me there. My real name is Rod, so he could just ask for me. I''ll look forward to hearing from him.

lliang, I''m glad you enjoyed Yoga last night!! Working out for me is a major stress reliever!

Dragon, I''m sure you and Skippy will help each other out with your Junk Food ban!!

Hi Frank, good for you deciding to workout 5 days a week!

YAYAYAY for losing the dreaded Thanksgiving pound you gained Skippy!! Thanks for telling hubby that I''m an OK guy!! I''m blushing for sure!! Good for you going for a 40 minute walk when it was cold outside!!

Hey Charger, I''m with you on being glad to see this workweek over!! Sorry you couldn''t make it to bootcamp.

OK.....that does it for me for today. It''s late and time for some sleep. I so love Saturday mornings as I get at least 3 extra hours of sleep on weekend mornings!! Woo Hoo! Sleep well everyone...........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 11:37:55 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Ok personal challenge for myself. NO goldfish until I get to my goal toning. No junk food at all. If I snack it has to be veggie or fruit. Lorelei do you mind holding me accountable? Just like... check in to make sure I didn''t? That way I have to answer to someone.
Had dinner with cousins last night. We had some calamari (so bad) and salad and I had a little of my ravioli which is stuffed with chicken, ricotta and spinach. I''m finishing it today with half a little salad. This morning I did 40 mins of Billy Banks Cardio Tae Bo Bootcamp. Much needed. I''m Tonight I''m cooking for a friend and have to run to cvs and publix then hopefully gonna get some tone work and jumping jacks done.

27.gif
Glad to help DF, I will keep a close eye on you!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

The gym has not been my friend lately. I forgot my tennis shoes yesterday, so I came home and exercised. Got on the scale this morning, my weight is in a good place and I''m happy not to feel so attached to the scale. We''re going to a movie and dinner tonight and tomorrow my aunt and her boyfriend are coming over for brunch.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday I did an hour on the dreadmill and two sets of arms, then I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my party. People started showing up BEFORE five and stayed until 2 am. Ack. A good time was had by all based on what I can fuzzily remember and the photos that I just downloaded from my camera, LOL.

Today I MADE myself got to the gym and do a gentle (very very gentle!) hour on the hampster wheel. It was miserable, but I did it. Oy.

Just got up from a nap. Going to watch a football game with one of my clients later tonight.

That''s it for now...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 4:20:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday I did an hour on the dreadmill and two sets of arms, then I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my party. People started showing up BEFORE five and stayed until 2 am. Ack. A good time was had by all based on what I can fuzzily remember and the photos that I just downloaded from my camera, LOL.

Today I MADE myself got to the gym and do a gentle (very very gentle!) hour on the hampster wheel. It was miserable, but I did it. Oy.

Just got up from a nap. Going to watch a football game with one of my clients later tonight.

That''s it for now...
Dee you are doing FANTASTIC!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 4:23:47 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/6/2008 4:20:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Saturday kids!

That''s it for now...
Dee you are doing FANTASTIC!!!
Ha! You should have SEEN the amazing load of bad stuff I ate yesterday! (But thank you for saying that--I do appreciate it!)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we had such a nice day today. Charlie was off the entire day, so we enjoyed our regular Saturday routing. It was warm enough to have breakfast on the terrace. It was a lovely morning outside. Lunch was at our little deli where I had a cup of soup and 1/2 a tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat. Then we had coffee under the oak. We went to Sports Authority before we went to the gym. I''ve actually built up some pretty tough calluses on both hands, so I decided to get weight lifting gloves. The ''uber'' boys use them and I always figured someone like me would look rediculous, but these calluses are getting pretty big, so I guess my weight lifting is working.......LOL We worked out at the gym till after 6:30. I do enjoy being able to work out with Charlie. It''s fun and the time goes by faster too. We decided to try a restaurant in Ybor City we had heard about. It was in a great setting and the atmosphere was neat, but the food was mundane at best. I had gumbo soup for an appetizer, which was too salty and over cooked. For dinner, I had a caesar salad (I asked for them to go very light on the dressing) with grilled chicken and shrimp. It was just average at best. Charle had crab cakes for an appetizer and a mango salad, and he said both were bland. Still, we enjoyed the atmosphere and it was kind of fun to walk around Ybor after dinner. Ybor is the "hot" night spot in Tampa these days. There are all kinds of restaurants, dance bars, etc. I don''t think we''ll be in a hurry to rush back to this restaurant anytime soon though.

I''m sorry the gym hasn''t been your friend Kimberly, but at least the scale isn''t being evil!! I hope you and John enjoyed your movie and dinner date tonight!

I''m really impressed that you worked out on the day of your party DeeJay and even more impressed that you did the day after your party!! I can''t remember the last time I stayed up till 2 AM. I''m glad the party was a success!

Not many posts today. I hope that meant everyone was out having a fantastic Saturday. I hope you''re going to have a nice Sunday. Charlie''s working tomorrow, so I''m not sure what I''ll get into. I may go for a run, I may go to the gym, or I may just take a day off, after working out so hard today. I guess I''ll decide how I feel tomorrow.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I am glad you liked my little Christmas Carol.
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your Holiday-Calorie poem Marcy!! Sorry you got called into work yesterday. I did get to sleep in both days this weekend. Such a LUXURY!! I'm glad the snow was pretty, but I just can't handle the cold anymore. When I was a "BIG" boy, the cold didn't bother me at all. But now that I'm so much leaner, I find cold hurts. Plus, I hate how my skin dries out so much in cold weather and I have to use moisterizer to avoid the "flackies!" I can't remember the last time I used any moisterizer since living in Florida!!!

I didn't do much of anything today. Charlie had to be at work at 11 and will be home soon. It was too cold to have breakfast on the terrace this morning. A cold front came through last night. It was a splendiferous day though. By this afternoon, it was chilly, but warm enough (no jacket needed, just a long sleeve shirt) to sit in the sun under the oak and have a cup of coffee. I packed my gym bag and took it with me, but just couldn't muster the energy to go. I worked out so hard yesterday, I figured an extra day off wouldn't hurt me. I'll be back Tuesday night and will likely have a stronger workout as a benefit of resting two days (Sunday and Monday). I went grocery shopping (what a thrill) and wound up buying a potroast and all the fixings. It's going to be a cold night, so a nice pot roast with potatoes, celery, onion and carrots, will be a nice treat. Really nothing much else to report. Tomorrow's a sushi night for us, so I'll check in after dinner tomorrow night.

One of the bosses told Charlie today they'd like to make him full-time and even promote him to Assistant Manager, though they didn't give him a time frame for this. If he doesn't get to be full time with benefits soon, we're going to have to find him another more permanent position, so keep your fingers crossed for him.........

I hope everyone had a really nice weekend and you're looking forward to the new week.

Merrymunky, where are you? I hope that awful person who said such terrible things to you, didn't derail your quest to a healthier you? If you see this, please let us know you're OK.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I think I have officially finished my Christmas shopping (and my checking account).Marty still has to buy my gifts and we have to send off a few checks to family in their Christmas cards but that is about all. I was going to buy Marty a wine chiller but I see they all weigh about 30 pounds so there is NO way I could get that in the house and hide it from him.The one I was going to buy has bad reviews online so it’s just as well I didn’t buy him one anyway.
I made my first batch of Christmas cookies.I had an apple for breakfast, a happy meal (only ½ of the fries) for lunch and a LC chicken fettuccini for supper.I had one hot cookie when I made them and had a broken one with slow churned ice cream tonight.I have at least 3 more kinds of cookies to bake.
3.gif

I am ashamed to admit it but I ordered a ring from “Z” jewelers today.It only cost $75 and I couldn’t resist.I saw it at the mall and tried it on and really, really liked it.It’s a mini version of the LOGR rings. I so love all the big, gorgeous gemstone rings I see on here but I try them on and HATE them on me.This ring is much smaller.It’s peridot with smoky quartz around it and diamond accents down the side.The peridot is a 5mm cushion.I didn’t sucker for their usual tactics though.They said I had to pay to get the ring sized or buy their lifetime warranty – both of which cost about $25.So I came home and ordered it online in my size which they don’t charge me for and the shipping only cost me $6.It’s not like I’ll be wearing it every day.
Rod, I am glad you liked my holiday calorie poem.I was cold when I was huge, now I can’t get warm.You can’t move in my house without finding a fleece blanket.We have snow in the forecast everyday this week so please enjoy the sun and warm weather for me.Yes, the cold weather really dries out my skin.My poor fingers have dry splits in them all the time.I am sure not working out today didn’t hurt you at all.I was thinking this afternoon how amazing this weekend was for me.We walked the mall and other stores for about 3 hours Friday night.Saturday we walked all over 2 strip malls for over 4 hours, then we were in a kitchen store for over an hour, then we went out to Barnes and Noble last night for over an hour.Today I walked the mall again, Circuit City and Kmart.Then I made cookies, cleaned the living room and bathrooms.There is NO WAY I could have done that before.Life is GOOD.
9.gif

Have a great evening my HLT friends.
36.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results