shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th Jan till 25th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Thinking of last week's opener where we were discussing goals, another important factor is planning. For example, if your goal is to fit into a much smaller pair of jeans and you need to lose some weight and inches in order to do that, you can flounder unless you have a strategy. Basically you know what your goal is, so you need to plan how you are going to reach it. A plan of how to eat, exercise and time frame is very helpful so you have ' instructions' to refer to. Also don't be afraid to make adjustments if your plan isn't working as well as you might have hoped it would. Having a flexible approach can be very helpful so you can tweak your personal plan where needed to help you on your way.

Also I think setting smaller goals can help you keep your eye on the main prize of your ultimate goal. I believe all success should be rewarded, so maybe for every few pounds lost you could buy a new cosmetic or beauty item within budget, when you hit milestone targets such as five pounds, ten pounds lost etc, you could buy a new clothing item which fits into your budget, or have a new haircut or colour etc. I find these rewards really do help encourage continued effort and progress.

A diary can also be helpful especially to track where you didn't make the best choice for food, this can help you avoid the same situation in the future. And also it is so important to not let yourself get too hungry, I find this is fatal as once I start eating I can't stop and inevitably I choose the wrong foods. So remember to eat little and often, like a wood or coal fire, if you let it burn down too much then you have to put a lot of coal or wood on to get it going again. Our metabolisms are similar and require frequent amounts of quality fuel to keep them ticking over!

So have a think about what your goals are, and try some of these ideas to see if they might be helpful to you.

Have a great week
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, great opener! I was actually thinking along these same lines last night. I was watching a financial expert on tv and he was talking about how important it is to set goals and write them down. He said you have to have clear, measurable goals....not just I want to save money, but something more like I want to save $500 a month and this is what I am going to cut out of the budget to do that and then track it and see if you accomplished you goal....the whole time, I was thinking he could be talking about weight loss. If you say you want to lose 20 pounds, you should set a reasonable date of when you want to lose it by and keep measuring your progress along the way. I think I will have a pedicure as my reward for every 5lbs lost....I haven''t taken the time to get them since the summer, so it will be a nice treat to look forward to!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2009 8:27:47 AM
Author: steph72276
Lorelei, great opener! I was actually thinking along these same lines last night. I was watching a financial expert on tv and he was talking about how important it is to set goals and write them down. He said you have to have clear, measurable goals....not just I want to save money, but something more like I want to save $500 a month and this is what I am going to cut out of the budget to do that and then track it and see if you accomplished you goal....the whole time, I was thinking he could be talking about weight loss. If you say you want to lose 20 pounds, you should set a reasonable date of when you want to lose it by and keep measuring your progress along the way. I think I will have a pedicure as my reward for every 5lbs lost....I haven''t taken the time to get them since the summer, so it will be a nice treat to look forward to!
Great idea Steph!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

Hope you are all having a great Monday. It''s officially "Blue Monday," the most depressing Monday of the year. I did hae a few little stress fits before work but it hasn''t really been depressing. I have had a niggling headache all weekend...Migraine related I think. I was running late etc etc...

But most annoyingly of all, I am not sure how much (if any) weight I actually lost ths week. I did my weigh in this monrning and got about 5 different readings. The scales are usually accurate but do fluctuate sometimes so I have to have about 3 or 4 attempts to make sure it was accurate. Well this morning I could not get a consistent reading. I weighed myself in exactly the same spot in the kitchen too.

So I have lost (according to the various read outs this morning):

-Nothing?
-1 lb?
-2 lb??
-4lb??

Who knows. Any of the reading could have been the truth!

GAH.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class and it was tough today. Tomorrow I''m planning to go to yoga during lunch.

Lorelie, Great opening! And I love the new avatar.

Merry, I''m sorry your scale is having issues. Just remember to be patient and keep up the good work.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Great opener Lorelei!! Despite the fact that I wish I could just make those 10lbs disappear before my wedding day I know that steady progress and daily goals is the only way I''m going to make it happen. (Although it doesn''t mean I can''t still wish for a miracle!!) HA HA!!
31.gif

Had a very productive day off today. Since I had practice all weekend this was my only true day for me all week. I got up early and went to the Y and did an hour of weights then an hour of spinning class. So I was feeling pretty good. Went to the grocery store and stocked up for the week...so I''m all set.
36.gif

Then, a strange thing happened...I went to Target and bought my new scale. (I thought a digital one might be better than the old fashioned one I have now) So I got a BMI/Calorie tracker "Biggest Loser" scale (it shows you weight, BMI, and how many approx calories you need to consume a day to hold your present weight). It was on sale for $25 so I thought what the heck. HOWEVER, I went home and tried it out and nearly burst into tears.
39.gif
39.gif
On my old scale I weigh 144 (down 1lb from my 145 start point). On THIS new scale I weight 154!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!
23.gif
23.gif
How can two scales have a 10lbs difference?? And which one do I pay attention to??
15.gif
I don''t FEEL like I weight 154, but who knows. I have less than 80 days to my wedding and my original plan was to lose 10lbs by then. So now I have to adjust that to 144 on the new scale?? WHAT THE HECK!!!???
29.gif
I know its just a number, and my clothes have felt better this week, but still I about DIED ladies. I work out at least 4-5 days a week, and I''m not a huge junk person. GRRR>>>>>>>
29.gif
What to do now??

Suggestions/hints would be much appreciated. Has anyone else gone through this with a digital scale?
38.gif

Steph- I LOVE LOVE your idea about the pedis! Especially living in FL that''s an awesome reward!!

MerryMunkey- so your scale is evil too today huh? Did you ever get a consistent reading??

Apple- Yea for TBT today!! Hope you have fun @ yoga tomorrow!

Trying to decide if I''m going to meet the girls for fajitas tonight. Feeling gross now ''cause of the scale. FI thinks I''m being silly and that I should go. We''ll see who wins.
2.gif

happy Monday all...
:)ILE

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
IluvEmeralds - No I didn''t. I must have weighed myself about 20 times. Each reading came out a few times so I don''t know which one to believe, so I just went with 2 lbs!

On the plus side...I have been having traces of period for a fw days now and this evening it has reall decided to try and kick in. I am actually happy about this! How odd. I am enjoying the pain! It''s the first in over 6 months.

Maybe the new healthy lifestyle is helping already. An, as if my FI just knew I would get my period today, he saved me some chocolate and brought it home for me. Just what I needed. He''s a true gem!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone.

I''ve been half good these past few days. I haven''t been tracking so I''ve probably been somewhere around 1500 calories. I haven''t met with a dietician/nutritionist yet to see what my calorie range should be. Is anyone familiar with the sparkpeople website and can point me to their daily needs calculator? I use nutritiondata.com for tracking and it says my daily needs is 2200 for weight maintenance.

These past few days I''ve been eating a lot of pasta (I made a ton of fresh pasta and sauce), but my servings of pasta have all been very small. I know, I still should''ve avoided it, but James doesn''t really eat leftovers. Yesterday for dinner and today for lunch I had some take out Thai food (lunch was the leftovers).

Anyway, my dog ate my pot roast that I was going to make for dinner tonight. Well, I was going to make a beef bourguignon (french stew with red wine), but she pulled the meat off the countertop. Ate all of it. Raw. I was so mad I immediately called James. I said we should trade this dog in for dinner tonight. I also I told him I''m not feeding her dinner tonight. She ate 1+ lbs of beef, she better not be hungry!

ILuv, I think you should focus on keeping up with the healthy eating and exercise. If you want use a measuring tape and measure your inch-loss and not your weight loss. The scale is just a number, I know it''s discouraging but we can find a way for you to keep your motivation and momentum.

Steph, pedicure for every 5lbs lost sounds like a lovely idea! I like it!

Merry, your FI sounds like such a sweetie! Sorry your scale is wonky. I need to get a scale, I think i might do that this weekend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good to see ya''ll!

Ran outside today--it was so beautiful, 14 C; between the mounds of snow! Really enjoyed the change of pace for exercise. Not much else is new.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

This morning the trainer worked my abs 'till I was ready to beg for mercy... but Dee don't beg! So I just kept going. He has assured me that I will think of him with every movement tomorrow... and even more so the day after that...
6.gif

And the day after THAT I'm going to Aspen! One of my girlfriends rented a condo out there for the winter so I'm going to keep her company for five days. I don't downhill ski at all, despite all those years I lived in the mountains of Idaho, but she thinks she can get me onto some cross country skis with little or no trauma. We'll see.

In honor of the trip I went out to the outlet mall and picked up a few things. I also had to buy some new jeans because mine are just on the edge of being too big. The trainer told me to get the next size down. AND THE NEXT SIZE DOWN FROM THAT. He said it with confidence. So I did it. But frankly I'm afraid of what he might do to me to actually get me into those zeros, LOL.
23.gif

And the scale said 123 this morning, but I don't belive it for a second!

Lorelei, love the opener. My goal is to fit into those new jeans some day!
9.gif

Steph, I think pedis as a reward is a teriffic plan!

Merry, in a scale situation like yours I ALWAYS go with -4.
3.gif

Apple, yay for TBT!

ILE, don't pay any attention to the actual number, pay attention to the number it gives you as "X" and then concentrate on getting to "X minus 10." Honestly, there is SUCH variation from one scale to the next. Hell, mine reads two pounds different depending on what part of the bathroom it's on. ETA: Here's a thought; can you verify that the next scale is accurate in some way? Do you maybe have some free weights that you can put on there to see if a ten pound weight actually registers as 10 lbs on the scale, or something like that? Maybe it really is off.

Liang, your dog story made me laugh! One fourth of July we had people over and the HH went out on the balcony to start the grill for our filets. The Demon snatched one of them off the counter and wolfed it down before we even realized what had happened!

Sharon, running between the mounds of snow?! You and I have a rather different sense of enjoyment...
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

We''re back from Phoenix, rested and happy. We had a wonderful trip, hiked both days, ate mostly good-for-us food, and relaxed.

Didn''t workout today, was traveling. Will do so tomorrow.

K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a typically long Monday. They're putting lot's of pressue on us and I'm afraid it's completely domotivating most in our office. It's really tough out there right now. I left the office after 6 and met Charlie at favorite sushi place #2. Our next door neighbor, who we really love, ran into Charlie on his way out and we hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so she joined him and it was really nice to be with her. What we didn't know is her father passed away a couple weeks ago. He was in really poor health, so while she was sad, she did feel it was the best for him at this late stage of his life. Now, we're home with Sakai on our shoulders enjoying a cup of decaf I picked up at Sbucks on my way home. Tomorrow's an 'uber' Tuesday, with a long workout at the gym right after work.

Another winning weekly opener Lorelei. Setting goals and rewards for reaching those goals is a great great way to stay on track! Plus small steps are more achieveable and ultimately rewarding.

I'm sure getting a pedicure is a great reward Steph. Not for a guy, but I'm it's a great thing for you!!

Merry, don't woman typically retain fluid when it's "That Time of the Month?" Perhaps that's why the evil scale monster wasn't cooperating too well this morning. While we all use the scale to help us gauge our progress, don't let it rule you. It's taken me a long time to not let the scale get to me. And I find a really good measure of how well I'm doing is how well my clothes fit.

Sorry, your TBT class was tough apple, but I'm sure it was tough in a good way!

ILE, WoW for getting up early and working out on your day off! Scales are not usually too accurate and I have found digital scales can vary a lot. It does seem odd that the new scale was a whole 10 pounds off. Ocassionally, I weigh myself on one of the scales a the gym, just to compare my weight to our home scale and it's usually within a couple pounds, so you might want to weigh yourself on a different scale to get a third reading and if the third scale is closer to your old scale, I'd take the new scale back. Still, let your clothes be a good measure of how well you're doing.

I'm sorry for laughing about your dog eating the pot roast lliang. It made me think of the dogs eating the turkey in the movie a Christmas Story.

Brrrrr Sharon.....running outside between mounds of snow sounds too chilly for this Florida boy! I saw a picture of a runner in Minneapolis last week, who had ice dangling from his mustache. Oh no.........that's too cold to be running outside for sure.

I'm sure you will feel the love of your trainer tomorrow DeeJay......LOL Wow, 5 days in Aspen! Sounds terrific. Will your trip prevent you from climbing 80 flights of stairs?

Welcome back Kimberly! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves in Phoenix!

OK....that's a wrap for this Monday. See you later tomorrow night..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I started the week up almost 4 pounds.Stupid sodium laced meat from that stupid all you can eat place.
29.gif
Oh well, I know it’s mostly water retention and what went up will come down – it’s gravity right?
Marty is getting a cold and didn’t want to cook burgers on the grill for supper so we picked up burgers on the way home.I walked on the treadmill and graded papers.It’s tough getting back in to the school routine.
Lorelei, planning and tweaking your plans makes a lot of sense.I so agree making sure you don’t let yourself get too hungry.That is when I eat the most is when I get hungry.Good plan to reward yourself for reaching goals.
Steph, I can so see where discipline and planning finances is like weight loss.
Merry, sorry to hear your scale gives you different readings.Do you have a digital one?I have a digital and it gives me the same reading every time.Hang in there and keep up the good work.
Appletini, glad to hear you are getting in your workouts during lunch.
ILuvEmeralds, wow that scale sounds awesome.Maybe I will see if our Target has one.Of course at this point in time I should stick with what I know works.I had an old fashioned scale when I started and switched to a digital scale which was about 5 pounds higher. Does the Y have a scale you could use to compare?
Lliang, OMG for your dog eating your dinner.We are having a lot of pasta this week too.We have left over lasagna for lunch this week.
Sharon, mounds of snow?Sounds cold to me.

DeeJay, I will wave at you in Aspen since you’ll be close to my neck of the woods.Have fun visiting your friend.
Kimi, glad you had a nice time in Phoenix.
Rod, you were so right about that evil sodium.I was on a rant on the way to work this morning about no more all you can eat high priced buffets.If I am spending that much money on a meal it’s going to be a great steak and baked potato that I can truly enjoy and not gain 4 pounds from eating it. I am sure Marty just heard blah blah blah but I felt better blathering on about it. Sorry to hear things are a bit rough at work.
Have a great evening.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy........I figured that Brazilian cholesterol-sodium-aborg was going to mess with your weight. But, as you know it''s short term, so no worries long term. I had to laugh about what you imagined Marty heard.........LOL I''m sorry he''s catching cold. I hope you don''t get it! Take care........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod. I am sticking to my gravity theory - it''s the LAW. What goes up must come down!
9.gif
We have a friend that always said when his wife talks to him all he hear is buzz, buzz, buzz "money" buzz buzz. We picked up some ZiCam for Marty so I hope that helps.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Did a really gentle hour on the dreadmill this morning in an effor to preserve my knee for the trip since it was a little sore. And tomorrow, if you can believe this, I''ve decided that if it''s sore at all when I get up I''m not going to work out because I really do want to be able to enjoy myself outside in Aspen.

Sadly I will miss the climb to the top of the Aon Building on Sunday... but... hm... Aon climb... Five days in Aspen... what can I say?!?

Gotta hop. Tons of stuff to do. Be back later!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
marcy - I do use digital scales yes. I have a feeling that they may need a replacement battery. I always use them on exactly the same spot on the kitchen floor and they are usually fairly accurate and consistent.

Rod - You may have a point there also.

Well today has been fun. I have spent most of the day preparing a new display board for the classroom. I was initially going to prepare the resources today then create the board tomorrow. In the end I decided to just finish it before I went home so I spent a long time clambering on tables to rip off and reback the board, get rid of all the staples etc and then put up new backing, borders and displays!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello folks!

Chapter 2 of The Dog and the Pot Roast:
She didn''t eat all of it. I said in the last post, I decided I wasn''t going to give her dinner last night, so around 10:30, James calls me to the bedroom and there''s a giant piece of red meat sitting in the middle of the carpet. Apparently she had hidden the half of pot roast she didn''t eat, and took it out when she realized she wasn''t getting any eats last night. This prompted us to get flashlights out and search the ENTIRE condo for any other meat she might have squirreled away. (Note: in addition to the pot roast, she also scarfed 4 strips of bacon). No more meat and still no dinner for The Monster. Today she''s exhibiting tummy troubles and has 2 accidents in the house already.
7.gif
Why did I get a dog again? I hate cleaning up the accidents but serves her right for scarfing food from the counter. I gave her half a pill of something the vet gave me the last time she had tummy problems, but now I''m all out, so no more stealing food for her!

Last night I went to yoga with my sister. I told her about the whole meat incident. She was amused. Yoga was GREAT last night. And super empty. LOVE that! I felt awesome and did ALL the poses, didn''t need to take a break at all.
9.gif

My sister and I both confessed we''re loosing motivation to go to yoga. We might stop after Jan and do something else like pilates or something. I hate Chicago winters where you have to find something to do indoors until like... May. We''re going to try to go today, but we''re going to come up with some sort of treat for the weekend to motivate us to go today. Otherwise we''d have to do a weekend class, which we''ve failed MISERABLY attending.

Dinner last night was soup (potato leek) and salad. Breakfast today was tea, a little bit of chicken breast (maybe 1 oz) and some fruit (longan, Asian fruit similar to the lychee). Lunch will probably be a salad and maybe some soup or something. Dinner is going to be shepherd''s pie.

Deejay, Rod, Marcy , Hope you enjoyed Chapter 2 of the dog story. Dee, your dog sounds like a monster like mine!

Canuk-gal, Wow, I can''t bring myself to run outside in the snow. I''m so afraid I''m going to fall/slip on ice or something. James already says I fall down a lot. Guess I must just be clumsy.

Kim, Phoenix! That sounds great! Hope the hiking was good for you.

Rod, Sorry work is such a bummer. Hope your uber day helps take your mind off it.

Marcy, Ooooh, those all-you-can-eat-meat places are SUPER salty. I subscribe to your law of gravity too :) Sorry the school routine is kinda tough. You''ll get back into it though. :)

Deejay, what''s the Aon Building stair climb? Got any info on it?

Merry, since you finished the display board that gives you some extra time for yourself. Great!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my yoga class today. It felt great to stretch and relax. Tomorrow''s plan is to exercise after work with co-worker #2.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Didn''t have much time to check in the last several days but they have been pretty good. After a busy week, I got to the gym last Thursday and had a good workout. Friday was a bit of a lost day for me, diet wise. I had Mexican food for lunch with some co-workers. Man, the tacos, rice and beans made me SO sleepy for the remainder of the work day! Sadly, I went out to dinner that night with a girlfriend and did not do much better at an Italian restaurant. I definitely need to cut back on the eating out. I just don''t do so well when I eat out, unless I''m eating sushi. Worked out Sat., Sun. and yesterday and did really well food-wise. I went to a spin class at my gym last night. SO disappointing. The instructors at my current gym are so lame and boring. I miss the awesome spin instructors I had at my old gym.

Lorelei, thanks for the great opener! I love the idea of setting smaller, more attainable goals and rewards for getting there!

Steph, here''s to more pedicures!

Merry, hope you''re feeling better today. Don''t let the number on the scale bother you too much. Mine always fluctuates some.

Apple, YAY for yoga!

ILE, yes, I had the same problem with digital scales! I''m convinced that they''re not that good. FI, his best bud, and I entered into a weight bet. We weighed in this Sat. His buddy brought his digital scale over to compare it to ours. We placed both in the kitchen. We could not get the same readout from both scales! And more frustrating, it was hard to get the same reading from the same scale! Try not to let the number of the scale get you too down. Let how your clothes are fitting be the guide. You''re doing great! 10 pounds in 80 days is totally doable.

Lliang, sorry about your meat stealing dog! If you''re getting bored with yoga, I''d recommend pilates. I did it for six months on a reformer and really enjoyed it. Alternatively, have you tried spinning?

Sharon, YAY for your run, even in between the snow!

DeeJay, have fun in Aspen! I think it''s awesome that your trainer told you to get much smaller jeans! He''s working you hard and you''ll be rewarded!

Kim, glad you had a nice time in Phoenix!

Rod, sorry work''s tough lately. Hope you have a good workout this evening!

Marcy, sorry about that water retention. It''ll be gone soon enough!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday All.

Dee, Aspen should be so much fun! What a wonderful vacation. Hope your knee feels better and you get lots of great skiing in.

Lliang, your roast/dog story cracked me up. I was laughing outloud. So sorry dinner was ruined. Hiking was great. It''s been a while and it was quite an incline we managed on Sun. It''s hard to exercise with DH, he''s a break, go, break person and I''m full speed ahead until I get to where I''m going, but I just remind myself it won''t matter if I get to the top without stopping in 10 years, what will matter is that I''m patient. I''m working on that one.

Marcy, buffets are the work of the devil. I have eaten at very few as they just seem so gluttonous. John and I have been to several good restaurants, but will cross them off our list of places to eat if they serve oversized portions. I hate feeling like I''m eating at a trough.

It''s an inservice day for teachers, so I''m off. I am working my other job this afternoon. I just went for a run around the neighborhood. Felt great, smell horrible! J looked at me and said "Wow, you really ran!" ha ha ha He doesn''t usually see me for some time after I finish exercise.

No idea what''s for dinner, J is cooking. I need to go find lunch, was supposed to eat with a friend, she cancelled and I''m sorta glad, I need a break from eating out. Breakfast was cornflakes and a banana slliced on top.

Have a great day.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. No workout for me so far. I went to the gym last night and did circuit training and I am super sore today, so I am probably going to take the day off unless I decide to go run later. It is really cold outside, so that is probably going to be a no. I think I will just take the day off and give my body a rest. My scale was up a few lbs today, but my jeans are getting baggy. I think maybe it's because I've been doing strength training for the past few weeks? Anyway, I'm only weighing once a week now, but I am really just trying to go by how my clothes fit. Have a great day!

Merry, my scale kept messing up too....finally went out and got a dial scale instead of digital and I think it is more accurate. Don't worry about the numbers right now though, just keep doing what you are doing!

Apple, yea for yoga!

Iluvemeralds, yea for weights and spin class...spinning is sooo hard! Sorry about your scale issue. Do you have a regular old scale at the gym....you know, like the ones they have at the doctor's office? I think that kind would be the most reliable.

Lliang, oh no to the dog eating pot roast!

Sharon, yea for a nice run!

Dee, yea for Aspen!

Kimberly, glad you had a great trip to Phoenix!

Rod, sorry work has been such a bummer lately. Hope you enjoyed your uber workout! Haha, come on Rod, you would probably enjoy a pedicure now and then...it is very relaxing!

Marcy, I'm sure those 4 lbs will come off. If I eat anything with high sodium, it makes my scale do a huge jump too....I'm sure it's just water weight.

Panda, yea for a good gym workout!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, happy Tuesday!!

Wow...what a BUSY day (again!). Got up @ 5am and did a few miles on the treadmill. I was a bit sore from spinning and weights yesterday...but it was a good sore. It made me happy. I think I''ve made peace with the scale issue. It''s just a variable. I weight 143 on my old regular scale, and 153 on my new "fancy one" either way- I''m down 2lbs!! So happiness for me. The kids @ school today were so fun to watch. Just to see their reactions to the inauguration today (and LIVE at that!) was so interesting. Very cool discussions :)

Dinner tonight is low fat chicken parm, and then a small baked potatoe with salsa and corn. Yum!! For some reason I am super hungry today!!

Dee-Jay- So jealous about Aspen!! I''m sure you''ll have an awesome time!! You can always climb another day.

Lliang- I absolutely cracked up over the dog story!! Ohh if I had a dollar each time my pooch stole something she shouldn''t. But we love them anyways huh? :) As for the yoga thing....I always switch back and forth...I get bored too Pilates is good...or a Flexx class maybe??

Sharon- WOW!! A run in the cold AND snow!! You are true hero!!

Marcy- Those 4lbs should be gone in NO time - I agree...it''s a law afterall :)

Kim- so glad you had fun in Phoenix!!

Panda- thanks for the advice. I thought for sure a digital one would be better, but since I have my old one still, I''ll just use both to compare, and use it as a general guide. What was your bet?? What do you get if you win?? Good luck!!

Merry- yea for a new display board!! You have more talent than me, I''m horrible at those in my room!! :)

Rod- sorry work is such a bummer this week. Don''t let the stress get you down!!

Steph- I LOVE LOVE Spinning!! 600 calories in ONE hour!! Can''t beat that...and I''m sore every time. LOVE IT...you should totally try it. :)

That''s it for me guys....lots of grading and random stuff to get to tonight! See y''all tomorrow!
:)ILE

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I have a weird question... I bought something in Ann Taylor Loft today in a Petite Extra Small. But what happens if I lose 10 more pounds? There is no smaller size. I already but my hiking and sailing gear in children''s sizes, but I can''t do that with all of my regular clothes. Where do I shop? I can''t have things custom made for god''s sake!!!

And here''s another weird thing while I''m at it... has anyone noticed weight loss in unusual places? For instance, even though I''m short I''ve always had a hard time buying knee high boots because I have big calves. Well now I find that I can put on pretty much any pair of knee high boots, so I''ve obviously lost weight in that area. And I also noticed the other day that my ankles look thinnER. Not THIN, mind you, they will never be *thin*, but thinnER. I don''t know why this surprises me so much, but for some reason it does, LOL!

Liang, here is info on the climb: link Too bad I can''t hook you up with the team I was going to do this with because I''ve already paid the entry fee and made an additional donation so you could just take my spot. Let me know if you do it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a super busy day at work, so that was good. I got in before 8 this morning and stayed till nearly 6, but traffic was light tonight, so I was on the gym floor by 6:15 and had a super productive workout. It was really crowded at the gym. There lot''s of people I''d never seen and then I heard someone saying there were lot''s of people from Pittsburgh in town already for the Super Bowl. It''s in Tampa, this year, so we can expect a significnat influx of people over the next couple weeks all over town. Tomorrow isn''t a workout day and Charlie''s off, so I''m not sure if we''ll have dinner at home or maybe go out to our little diner for dinner.

Skippy, where are you??

Marcy, while I haven''t had a cold in a loooong time (Rod said as he knocked wood), I have used Zicam and it really does help to shorten the duration of a cold. Give Marty my best.

Hmmmmm DeeJay, climb 80 flights of stairs, or ski in Aspen? Seems like a very difficult decsion, but I''m glad you made the right one!!

Yay for a fun day Merry!!

Too funny about Chapter 2 of the dog and the pot roast lliang!!!!!!

Yay for enjoying yoga apple!

Thanks Panda. Everyone deserves to have a couple fun meals out, even high calorie ones. Sounds like you more than compensated for it by working out 3 days in row!!

Woo Hoo for a run around the neighborhood Kimberly!! Me thinks you''re becoming a real runner! Soon, you''ll be telling us you''ve entered a 5K or something! I hope John''s dinner was good, but since he''s such a good cook, I''m sure it was great!

Thanks Steph. Sore = Progress, so I''m sure you deserved to take a day off from working out! And a super WOO HOO for baggy jeans! Welcome to let you clothes tell you how you''re doing club and weighing yourself on the scale less often. I hardly ever get on the scale anymore. Still not sure about a pedicure, but there is a place in the mall closest to my office and I often see guys having them..........

ILE, I''ll try to not let work get me down. I still can''t imagine getting up at that hour I choose to believe doesn''t exist and get on the treadmill. I''m impressed! Good for you making piece with the eveil scale monsters!

OK....it''s after 11 PM and I need to get ready for bed. Sleep well everyone and have a good Hump Day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I can''t offer any advice on where to buy smaller clothes, but I can comment on losing weight in places you didn''t think you would. Fat is fat, and it''s all over our bodies. It''s not surprising your calves are smaller. Haven''t you noticed yourrings being larger on your fingers? I had to have my ring resized at least twice during "Rebuild Rod!" Maybe you''ve lost enough weight my dear!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, my rings are indeed looser. Some of that is due to it being winter. My ring size changes a lot from summer to winter.

As for losing weight in various places. I have already lamented that the girls have gone away...
39.gif
I can only imagine what''s next!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I lost 1 of my 4 pounds already.Woo hoo!I was pretty hungry today so I had another 100 calorie snack but not a calorie breaker. Marty is still pretty miserable with a cold.I hope I don’t get it.He is in bed already.I hope to get to bed early tonight as well.
DeeJay, sorry to hear your knee is sore again.Maybe juniors will fit you.I lost weight everywhere – even hats and mittens that I wore before are too big.Woo hoo for thinner calves and ankles.
Merry, I hope a new battery fixes the scale for you.Getting the new display board at school finished sounds like a chore.
Lliang, so you had a surprise in the bedroom?I am glad you didn’t find any more hidden treats.I guess you can’t feel too sorry for Monster having a tummy ache.Stupid salt!
Appletini, enjoy your workout with coworker # 2 tomorrow.
Panda, eating out can be tough.It sounds like you had a great time though.
Kimi, I had to laugh at being patient – I resemble that remark.I agree buffets are so gluttonous.I never really liked them that well when I ate a lot.Glad to hear you got in a nice run today.
Steph, I would say loose pants are a better indicator than the number on the scale.You are most likely building muscles with all of your workouts.
ILuvEmeralds, we watched most of the inauguration today too.Yeah for being down 2 pounds whatever scale you are using.I am glad you agree with me on the law of gravity.
Rod, how exciting to live where they are hosting the Super Bowl except for all the extra people that will be coming to town.Marty said thanks for the well wishes.He has been taking his ZiCam.
Hi Skippy!
Take care.

Marcy

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Sorry I''ve been MIA lately, it''s been crazy busy at work and at home, and to add wedding planning on top of it all, it''s starting to be crunch time as we''ve got 4 months and 2 days til the big day! Just knowing that after Friday it''s going to three month mark is insane for me to think about!!!

I''ve been doing well watching my points and exercising, and the benefit is that my jeans are getting loose! Woohoo! It''s bad, I haven''t weighed myself, but I can tell by my "tight jeans" that something is working.

I don''t have time to talk to you all individually, but I wanted to say great opener Lorelei!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Did another 5am workout...did 30 mins of circuit training and 15 mins. on the elliptical. Now I am starving again, so I need to go do something to take my mind off of eating! Whew, it is 32 degrees here...the coldest central Florida has been in 5 years! Brrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results