shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th August till 24th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I was reading about Michael Phelps' breakfast calories and nearly fell over - something like 4000 cals per meal and his breakfast includes chocolate chip pancakes!
32.gif
Apparently he tries to aim for 12000 cals per day.....But I am not prepared to spend the amount of time exercising that he does, so I will stick to my relatively modest calorie intake!
9.gif

Everyone is doing such a great job! I am well and truly back on the exercise wagon now after my painful toof exploits, although I have more torture due this week, hopefully I am over the worst. Before as I didn't feel well enough to workout and was told not to after the extraction, I would have thrown my hands in the air and been muttering ' whats the point - it is all ruined now" blah blah, but after hearing this term recently and liking it - I embraced the suck and got on with it! Yes it was a pain that I couldn't work out and keep to my routine, but there were plenty of other things I could do in the meantime, like watch my eating a bit more carefully ( with help from my missing toof of course!) and rest up and know that I would likely heal and get back to normal quicker due to all the healthy choices I HAD been able to make recently. There is always a silver lining and a way to turn things around if you look hard enough! Every good choice we make had a positive effect even if it doesn't seem like it, so even if things aren't going perfectly, keep on working towards your goals even if it has to be on a more modest scale than usual.

Marcy, I hope your lip heals quickly!

Rod, Ben and Jerry say hi!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyGirl, glad you had such an enjoyable weekend. Your scale sounds great. I started today 2/10 of a pound over where I was Saturday morning so that isn’t bad. I did post pictures of my new pendant and earrings in colored stones. The title is something like Kentucky Blue Pendant and Earrings.
Lorelei, great opener my friend. Phelps is going to blow up like Buddha if he eats like that when he’s not swimming.
1.gif
I like the new phrase. Good luck with your dentist visit this week. I am sure my lip will be much better by this evening. Thanks.
Have a great day.
35.gif

Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Monday morning all! We have had quite the busy weekend. We had a birthday party to go to and I organized our house and found so much nice stuff that we haven't used at all or that barely was used that I decided to have a yard sale. I have never had one and I usually just donate things, but it was really fun and I made several hundred bucks while clearing out clutter...wooohooo! Yesterday I cleaned my house all day. Andrew's preschool teacher called and wants to stop by today to meet him before he starts school, which I though was awesome so I need to have a fabulously clean house!
On another front, we are nervously watching what is going on with the hurricane. They are expecting 75+ mile an hour winds, lots of rain and tornadoes in our area so we are preparing for that. Please send dust to Rod and myself that it will pass us by without damage! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei, great post and glad you are feeling better. I am in your same boat, I was sick for a couple of weeks and didn't feel like working out at all. I did gain a few lbs, and in the past that would have discouraged me and I would have given up. But I have slowly been getting back into working out and it feels great. I truly feel better mentally and physically when I exercise. It is something I never want to go long periods without again!

Rod, thinking of you today. We are nervous about what's going to happen over here in Orlando too. Check in if you can!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all you Floridians stay safe!
35.gif

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. Saturday I did about a 14-15mi bike ride. The g/f and I kinda splurged on our dinner last night. Kobe steak w/ lobster and cheesecake factory cheesecake for dessert. Lukckily I biked all that way on Saturday to easy the pain of the cheesecake lol.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello Team Healthy!

I had a busy weekend, but managed to get some activity in. DH and I went hiking yesterday, and got a bit lost in the hills. We stumbled across a cul-de-sac and ended up walking back to the park via a series of twists and turns on residential streets. it was fun, as we were able to check out houses in a previously undiscovered neighborhood (one of our favorite hobbies as we plan to house hunt this winter). unfortunately, we got a reality check once we got home and looked up comps for the area
22.gif
. oh well- it was fun to explore! We must''ve hiked/walked about 2-3 miles.

I really, really tried to be good this weekend- it was tough. we had two dinners- on sat eve with friends, and yesterday eve with my parents. both included dessert, as they were early bday celebrations for me (it''s tomorrow).

But today is a new day, and i hit the gym this morning. finished my oatmeal a while ago, and the rest of the day WILL be healthy- apple, salad, fage. My goal for the week is to hit the gym 4 more times, for a total of 5 visits this week.

Lorelei- Thanks for reminding us that there''s always a silver lining! Something is better than nothing
Marcy- take care of your lip- ouch!
Steph- sending "safe" dust your way- i hope Fay passes you by.
Love2Travel- yeah, i think it''s safe to say that your 15-mi bike ride eased the pain of your treats!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Hello healthy-types!

Nothing to report yet, just trying to be prompt with my posting this week to avoid late-week posting guilt.
19.gif

Way to embrace the suck, Lor. May as well, if you intend to preserve that fab cheery disposition of yours.
emwink.gif
You know what''s good? Ben and Jerry''s lemon sorbet. I think it''s called something lemonade. Or something. My friend and I get it when we go into town, it''s fun to get a cup and walk around. YUMS! You should tryyyyy eeeeet. It is callllling toooo yooooo.

Hey marcy! To your measly 2/10 of a pound gain, I say: WHATEVER! You can lose that in mere HOURS! We all know your powers of weight loss.

Steph, best of luck for riding out the latest storm. Hope that not even your internet connection is interrupted, much less the rest of your life. *dust dust*

Love2: *drool* Kobe....lobster....cheesecake *falls over, comatose*

Charger, happy vaguely early birthday! In case I miss posting tomorrow. Hope you get good loot!
4.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2008 1:18:18 PM
Author: Julianna
Hello healthy-types!

Nothing to report yet, just trying to be prompt with my posting this week to avoid late-week posting guilt.
19.gif

Way to embrace the suck, Lor. May as well, if you intend to preserve that fab cheery disposition of yours.
emwink.gif
You know what''s good? Ben and Jerry''s lemon sorbet. I think it''s called something lemonade. Or something. My friend and I get it when we go into town, it''s fun to get a cup and walk around. YUMS! You should tryyyyy eeeeet. It is callllling toooo yooooo.
Hehe! You are too kind J ! I will keep my eyes open for B&J lemon sorbitt, I like lemon, '' specially in pies!
31.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 1:21:31 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hehe! You are too kind J ! I will keep my eyes open for B&J lemon sorbitt, I like lemon, '' specially in pies!
31.gif
Oooooh...lemon pie....lemon torte....lemon pudding...lemon squares....

I can''t take it!! I must have something lemony! And soon!!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2008 1:26:32 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 8/18/2008 1:21:31 PM
Author: Lorelei

31.gif
Oooooh...lemon pie....lemon torte....lemon pudding...lemon squares....

I can''t take it!! I must have something lemony! And soon!!
41.gif
lemon cake....lemon mousse.....lemon fool.....yum.....
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOO HOO SDL, well done!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And sparkly rewards are just the thing to keep the motivation up! Could you put a deposit on the piece or layaway?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, we''re buckling down for the storm. I maintained over the weekend which was nice, normally I up a lb or two. Got up and did Gilad this morning and some kickboxing.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday all!

Not much to post because I just posted late last night, but I wanted to send ~*~*~SAFE HURRICANE PASSOVER DUST~*~*~ to all of you down there in Florida & the surrounding areas. Stay safe!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. We''re just getting rain here so far. I''m praying it doesn''t strengthen as it hits the water. We''re just kind of sitting and waiting. Thanks again for the wishes for us Floridians!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday!

Sending all you Floridians loads of stay safe dust!

Lorelei, MP eats 8-10 times the cals we do, that''s crazy! But I love chocolate chip pancakes! Hope the tooth is doing well. Zoe explained a staycation perfectly. The travel sections of newspapers have been doing lots of features on them in the states. We stay at a local hotel every once in a while, but I think the new name for it is funny. On our drive I revised the old song "Vacation" to "Staycation, all I really want is, staycation, have to get away." I think John was pleased that we only had a 30 minute drive ahead of us.

Skip, so glad you got complimented on your gorgeous brooch! And the party food sounds so yummily bad. Hope you enjoyed.

SDL, we stayed at the Hilton in Torrey Pines. We''re all about racking up points. It was a nice little trip before I head back to work.

Rod, so sorry Charlie didn''t like Dark Knight. It was definitely a grim movie, but I really enjoyed it.

So we had a blast, enjoyed good food, hung out by the pool, I squeezed in a workout. I''m babysitting this afternoon, then back to work tomorrow. I have jobs lined up for the rest of the week.

J will make something for dinner.

Have a great rest of your day, all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey my friends!!! Well, I got my allergy shots today and then the pest control guy came to spray and he called me a kid; I just love him!!! hehe I wish I were a kid! LOL
9.gif
It just made my day! My cousin and I are doing our same ole same ole (walking)! Boy is the sunseting earlier and earlier, I don't want fall to come!
39.gif
I am trying to get my father in law to come out for the International Balloon Fiesta this Oct, I hope he comes out! I miss him!

Oh, well, I thought I would post from hungry girl some info on movie theater popcorn without the butter http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/askhgdetails.php?isid=469 I agree a splurge every once in awhile doesn't hurt anyone. I love Healthy POP popcorn 94% fat free, yummy!

LORELEI, isn't Michael Phelps a cutie!?!? Wow, that is insane! Think of how long it takes him to eat all that stuff! Yay for working out!!!

MARCY, hope the lip feels better!!!

STEPH, hope the hurricane dies down! Yay for making money from cleaning out the house! Hubby sold a 10 speed bike of mine and I got $60, yay!

LOVE2Trvl, yay for your long bike ride!!!

CHRGGRL, yay for the hike but sorry you got lost! I think it was a tough weekend for all as far as food goes. hehe

JULIANNA, hi there friend!!!

SDL, yay for being down 1.8!!!!!! Great JOB!! Yay for vintage jewelry!

DRAGON, praying you all are safe, you and Steph, and Rod!!!

Hi INDYGRL, how are you?

KIMI, yay for J making dinner! YAY for swimming!!! Ah, thanks friend for your sweet words!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a day so bad I refuse to even post about it. I did talk myself into a trip to the gym this afternoon (I figured I wasn't getting any thinner sitting here being hysterical) but I only managed 30 mins on the bike and 20 mins on the treadmill. From a food perspective I've been quite good. Hard to eat when you're hyperventilating.

For those of you down by Fay I hope it blows right on by.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I got some serious ribbing at work about my lip. It’s better tonight. Only a small part is swollen and it’s cut from the outside in for about ¾ of an inch.
The weather is gorgeous tonight. We sat on the patio to eat dinner. Marty cooked steak on the grill, asparagus, baked potatoes and we had some wine. I threw out the last inch of my wine because a fly landed in it. I try to eat protein but I do draw the line at live bugs.
1.gif

Good luck to all of you in harm’s way from the hurricane. Stay safe!
Steph, that’s great to get rid of some things and make a few hundred bucks. Woo hoo for a successful yard sale. That is really nice of Andrew’s teacher to stop by and meet you and Andrew before school starts.
Love2Travel, woo hoo for both cheesecake and a long bike ride.
ChargerGirl, glad you had fun exploring some housing while on your walk. My lip is better thanks.
Julianna, thanks for the encouragement about gaining 2/10 of a pound. I guess it is a mere drop in the bucket after 162 pounds. Lemon sorbet sounds great.
SanDiegoLady, congratulations for losing 2 pounds.
36.gif
Woo hoo! Glad your new eating routine is working so well for you. Great way to reward yourself with something sparkly.
Dragonfly, glad you maintained over the weekend.
Hi IndyGirl.
Kimi, glad you had a blast on your staycation.
Skippy, so the balloon fest is in October. I would love to come see that some time. I hope your FIL comes out for a visit; that would be nice. Too cute the pest control guy called you a kid. Thanks for the info on popcorn. I love the stuff. The lip is better thanks.
DeeJay, I hope your evening goes better for you.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4 mile walk
10.gif
The dang sun won't stay out as long. I had grilled chicken and of course spinach salad, some grapes and a slice of cheese. Everyone have a great evening!

D, hope things are better tomorrow and glad you got your workout in, hopefully it helped reduce stress!

Marcy, glad you ate outside!!! It still isn't 40 degrees is it? Your dinner sounded yummy!! Hope your lip heals. Funny they teased you! hehe Well the hotels book up months in advance for the ballon fiesta, it is pretty cool! I think they said something like 100,000 people visit each year; hotels are insane! Yip, my FIL is coming for sure; my SIL was telling me tonight so it will be good to see him, thanks!

Rod, sugar, where are you?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....this has to be a quick checkin.......We've been helping to move patio furniture as it becomes projectiles off of balconies during hurricanes........In between we did get to have sushi and froyo and even a cup of coffee. The rains haven't really made it this far yet and it was actually one of the coolest evenings we've had in quite some time. I guess it really is the "lull" before the storm. We're still not sure exactly what the storm will bring. Steph, it may actually be worse in Orlando than on our coast. And Dragon you may get some of the nastier weather too, so I hope you are both buttoned down and staying safe. I did bake a chicken tonight so we'd have some cooked food incase we lose power tomorrow. If we don't have power for a few days, it will be lot's of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fresh fruit. Our entire condo building is all electric. No gas in the building, so if there's no power, there's no cooking. Even our outdoor grill is electric not gas.

Marcy, I'm sorry about your lip. I hope it heals quickly. I did see you asked about my little watch collection. I'll have to list them another time as it's already after 11 and I need to get to bed soon.

SDL, CONGRATULATIONS on the $1000 gift certificate for your valuable contributions to PS!! I hope you get something truly fantastic and quite blingy!

I know I'm leaving so many out. Assuming we have electricity, I'll check in tomorrow. I'm not really anticipating this storm will be very desctructive, but we'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks for the good wishes for your Florida friends.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, glad you had a nice 4 mile walk. Yes, it is getting dark earlier. We were in the 70’s again here today. That is great your FIL is coming for the balloon festival. I used to work in a photo lab and always enjoyed seeing the pictures from the balloon festival.
Rod, good plan to get things in out of the wind. I hope you don’t lose power but it sounds like you are prepared for a few days in case. I will look for your watch list some other day. I know Marty will enjoy hearing what you have. He said his love of watches is my fault for taking him to all those jewelry stores.
1.gif

To our HLT''rs in Florida I will be thinking of you and hoping you are safe and sound.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Happy Tuesday all! This week is already flying by, I can''t believe I have my first class on Thursday!
29.gif
It''s an accounting class, so I might have to start a thread called "Help IndyGirl22 pass Accounting for Healthcare Organizations." I haven''t weighed myself today, but BF said that he noticed I was getting smaller & was concerned. lol Have you all noticed that most men have no concept of women''s sizes? I can''t trust BF to buy clothes for me because whatever he buys it will undoubtedly be too big or too small. He doesn''t think I need to lose any weight & wants to make sure I''m doing so in a healthy way if I am going to do it. I couldn''t imagine having an unsupportive partner & it sounds like you all have great SOs that share in your healthier lifestyle quest.

Lorelei - Glad to hear you''re back on the "wagon" haha I''m sure your toof pain & willpower kept you away from many unhealthy foods, good for you for making the best out of a sucky situation.

Steph - Gotta love getting rid of clutter & making some money! We had a few garage sales when I was growing up & it felt so good to see some of your old stuff move on to happier homes. That''s so awesome about Andrew''s teacher...I wish all teachers were able to be that engaged.

Marcy - Good to hear your lip battery has healed somewhat lol

Love2Travel - Cheesecake Factory
18.gif
Yay for biking!

Chargergirl - Your hiking adventure sounds like fun. I find the weekends are the toughest for me as well, there''s so much of a celebratory feel to it & celebrations = food in my book. ~*~*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~*~*~ I hope your DH gives you a fabulous gift!

SDL - What great news!
36.gif
No more plateau for you! Maybe I will set a reward for my goal weights as well...it sure would be extra motivation.

Dragon - Yay for kickboxing & maintaining your weight over the evil weekend!

Kimberly - Your Staycation sounds wonderfully relaxing, everything a vacation should be.

Skippy aka "The Kid" - I noticed the days shortening just slightly as well! It is HORRIBLE! Impending winter darkness coming our way.
20.gif
Thanks for the info about movie theater popcorn...that''s CRAZY! When I went to the IMAX this past week I saw they had a self-serve butter station...that would''ve been tragic for me a few months ago!

Deejay - Any time at the gym is time well-spent, so good for you. Sorry about your bad day, hope today is better!

Rod - Stay safe & I hope your power stays on!

Have a great day all!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
Well yesterday afternoon was spent preparing for the storm. We moved all of our potted plants either onto the porch or indoors. We also moved some other things that could go flying, such as lawn chairs, an antiquated bird cage I''m trying to find a plant for, the grill, rakes, shovels, and garden supplies. We did all the laundry, and went ahead and made some beans and peas so we have them and some chicken to have ready in the next few days. I''m a bit undecided about my horses. On the one hand, it''s safer for them to be out, but on the other, if our fences go down we''re SOL we don''t have the layering that we used to have on our larger property. So I''m back and forth on in or out for them. I am going out this afternoon and picking the h*** out of our fruit as it is all ready, and I don''t want to lose it all in the storm. It''s looking like we''ll get quite a bit of rain, and heavy winds. I''m mostly worried about tornadoes as we are on the top of a hill we won''t have flooding. Thank you everyone for the safe wishes for our state. Got up this morning, picked as many pears as I could reach without a ladder, fed the horses, picked up around the barn then went in and did core rhythms for an hour. Breakfast was a pear, yogurt and kashi go lean crunch mixed in to the yogurt. Lunch is going to be a salad with craisins and chicken.

Skippy - don''t you ward away fall, I love fall!!
32.gif

Dee- I hope you feel better
Rod - pls keep safe today, it''s moving inland rather fast.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Your DH is SOOOOO cute SDL! ~*~*~Happy Anniversary!~*~*~ I''m sorry you were awakened by your noisy neighbors! Two miles is nothing to scoff at, good for you. I hope you can get a nap in sometime today...maybe just relax in the tub after your walk?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gosh Michelle SDL, I would cry too! I need my sleep and I turn into a Lion when I don't get it! I am so sorry about the construction, does it stop during the day where you could take a baby nap? This might sound weird but if it is too bright put black trash bags in the windows so the keep out the light. Sorry honey! Ah, what a sweet HUBBY!!! Happy Anni!

IndyGirl, thanks for the kid! hehe It is music to my ears! LOL
36.gif
Maybe Florida can be the only state that gets fall! hehe What part of the country do you live in? Yikes to the butter self serve station! We are super lucky because our big theater let's you bring food; they don't advertise it but I knew the manager and she told me and sure enough I brought my own bags of healthy popcorn and never have they said anything! Oh what is Health-care Org Accounting? I am guessing you already took the basic accounting and are on to this course? What is your degree going to be in? I have a friend who has his master in Exercise Physiology but is going for an MBA in Hospital Admin which kind of sounds like courses he is taking, good job!!!

Marcy, love all your jewelry in the colored stones area!

Dragon, stay safe! Good thinking on cooking a head like Rod. Prayers outgoing your horses you and your family are safe!

Rod, hope you all are safe!

Praying all of FL is safe from any harm.

Okay, i will probably walk tonight. Have a great day
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MICHELLE!!!
35.gif
36.gif

I am so sorry you can''t sleep. I also get dizzy, if I am tired. I hope you sleep tonight. I wear earplugs every night because my hubby snores like a bear. Make sure they are in your ears really snug, maybe that will help.

Hi everyone
35.gif

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, sorry I haven''t been posting regularly, have been so so busy in work. I went back to WW last week and had my weigh in today and am down 7 pounds
36.gif
36.gif
I''m really in shock as I went over my points a few nights as we''ve had a lot of parties recently! Glad to see that everyone is doing well!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you SDL! I''m still in shock myself!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 1:31:12 PM
Author: bee*
Hi everyone, sorry I haven''t been posting regularly, have been so so busy in work. I went back to WW last week and had my weigh in today and am down 7 pounds
36.gif
36.gif
I''m really in shock as I went over my points a few nights as we''ve had a lot of parties recently! Glad to see that everyone is doing well!
Yay, send some of that WW dust this way! hehe Great job!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results