shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 13th October till 19th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Good to see some old friends pop back to the thread!
35.gif
For anyone who has slipped off the wagon and wants to get back on, whether part of that means posting in the thread or just getting back to exercising or healthier eating, don't feel bad! This is a lifelong journey, sometimes it is easier than others to stick to, othertimes it can be more difficult for a variety of reasons. As we know this way of living is not about perfection but consistent effort, patience and persistance - and as we are all human, sometimes it is easier to stick to than others!
11.gif

So welcome back ladies! Keep up the good work and remember every positive change begins with a single thought!

Have a great week!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went for an hour long walk yesterday...it was nice to be outside and enjoy the weather.

Marcy, I made soup for the first time in forever yesterday too!

Rod, Welcome back!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!
36.gif

Lorelei, great opener my friend. Every day I begin anew whether I stuck to my routine or not yesterday. That is why I succeed more than fail.

Appletini, I am glad to hear you made soup too. Even though I used some low sodium bouillion for it I think it was still a bit salty - which showed on the scale this morning too. Rats. No worries though I am back on track today.
3.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Marcy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, were you talking to me?
20.gif

I''m back.. I''m back. And I''m more motivated. In part due to my husband dangling a carrot in front of me- or in this case a diamond bezel band when I reach goal. LOL! The man knows how to motivate me!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 9:47:02 AM
Author: geckodani
20.gif

I''m back.. I''m back. And I''m more motivated. In part due to my husband dangling a carrot in front of me- or in this case a diamond bezel band when I reach goal. LOL! The man knows how to motivate me!
9.gif
LOL!!! Glad to see you back, and LP, CG, Panda( feel better!) What a nice wee carrot to have dangled to aid motivation
31.gif
....How far are you from your goal?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lor, I feel more motivated than I have in weeks! My goal is to take T on a walk everyday (weather permitting). Also to continue to watch my calorie intake. Slow and steady wins the race right friend?

geck, wow! Working out would be worth it if I knew diamonds were involved
11.gif

Marcy, thanks for reminding me I must clean my jewelry for the GTG. Otherwise I might be kicked out! Haha!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 10:13:03 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Lor, I feel more motivated than I have in weeks! My goal is to take T on a walk everyday (weather permitting). Also to continue to watch my calorie intake. Slow and steady wins the race right friend?

geck, wow! Working out would be worth it if I knew diamonds were involved
11.gif

Marcy, thanks for reminding me I must clean my jewelry for the GTG. Otherwise I might be kicked out! Haha!
Thats excellent Tac and yes indeed slow and steady DOES win the race - after a lifetime of struggling with my weight I am living proof! You will get there friend - I promise you, just keep working away at it, if it gets tough or you slip just put it behind you and keep on going!

The things you do consistently to work towards your goals over the weeks, months and years are what counts - not that you overdid the pizza at the weekend ( as an example) - keep that in mind and it makes it much easier!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the great opener Lorelei!

Like Marcy, I look at each new day as a new chance to do well if I wasn''t as successful the day before.

We went apple picking this weekend, and now I need to do something with all these apples. I''d love to find a new healthy apple crisp recipe or something similar. We saw The Express with my parents (who had come over for dinner), and it was really good. Now I''m just hanging out at home until my gym appointment later this afternoon.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 10:05:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

20.gif

9.gif
LOL!!! Glad to see you back, and LP, CG, Panda( feel better!) What a nice wee carrot to have dangled to aid motivation
31.gif
....How far are you from your goal?
Meh. 30 pounds need to be lost, and that''s conservative. I''ve got PCOS, which makes losing weight an uphill battle. Argh.

That rather nice carrot may help though!!!

Tacori - I''m totally loving my new motivational tool, LOL. Cake... or diamonds... hmmm... not a tough call, LOL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Zoe - If you toss a pork loin in the crockpot with some apple cider and sliced apples - the results are pretty good!

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I just discovered this area!

I''m trying to loose about 10 lbs, but more importantly, just be healthy. I''ve always had a fast metabolism but it is slipping with age
14.gif

My husband and I have been very ''permissive'' with each other, instead of making healthy food we''ll just order something, or instead of working out, we''ll just sit around. We are always GLAD when we get out and move or make healthy food, we just haven''t been making the extra effort to do so.

It is really nice where I am, so I just went on a long walk at lunchtime. I also just threw away some junk food we had lying around. I hate throwing away food, but this was just processed crap - not what I should be eating!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 11:07:33 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Thanks for the great opener Lorelei!

Like Marcy, I look at each new day as a new chance to do well if I wasn't as successful the day before.

We went apple picking this weekend, and now I need to do something with all these apples. I'd love to find a new healthy apple crisp recipe or something similar. We saw The Express with my parents (who had come over for dinner), and it was really good. Now I'm just hanging out at home until my gym appointment later this afternoon.
I remember last year's apple crisp thread.....I could just eat something like that, with lots of cinnamon yum!

Hi Studyer, welcome to the thread!
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Studyer - that''s our biggest problem as well - just getting up and MOVING. Good for you and welcome!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 12:52:03 PM
Zoe - If you toss a pork loin in the crockpot with some apple cider and sliced apples - the results are pretty good!
Thanks for the recommendation Dani! We''ll have to try it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, Lorelei, I may have started that thread. Apple crisp is one of my favorites, especially in the fall. I made it so often last year, and now I''m ready for a new recipe. I''ll go back and check that thread. I had kind of forgotten about it.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday!

GREAT opener, Lorelei. This sentence sums it up for me: As we know this way of living is not about perfection but consistent effort, patience and persistance - and as we are all human, sometimes it is easier to stick to than others!

I was pumped up and happy to begin my boot camp workouts last week, but i admit that at times it took effort, patience and persistance. I was VERY disappointed at how I'd "let myself go" but tried to focus on the postive- that I was working out again.

We sprinted around the park with a 5lb ball weight today, and then did a series of squats, push-ups, sit-ups and butt exercises. I'm hoping that I won't be as sore as I was last week- that was painful!

Mondays will be my weigh-in day. I weighed myself after bootcamp today, just like I did last week after my first session and I'm glad to report that I lost 3 pounds. It's a start! My first mini-goal is to lose 10% of my starting weight, so 17 lbs total- 14 more to go...

Just finished breakfast- oatmeal and strawberries and a cup of green tea. Late-morning snack will be an apple, lunch is grilled chicken with a salad of greens, broccoli, tomatoes, kidney beans and afternoon snack will be string cheese. This should be my menu thru Thursday here at work. I carted in a bagful of provisions to make these meals so i'm good to go. I'll treat myself with lunch out on Friday- something healthy, of course!

Apple- I now have a craving for soup! I tend to eat more soup during the fall/winter- i need to go look up some recipes...
Marcy- Glad to hear that you're back on track! I'm very sensitive to salt, and can tell when i've had too much.
Geko- You've got a smart hubby! That's a super-nice carrot he's dangling in front of you.
Tacori- Good luck with your goals this week. I'm sure that Miss T enjoys taking walks with her mamma!
Zoe- Apple picking sounds fun! Too bad there's nothing like that here in L.A. Check out this apple crisp recipe with a twist- YUM! http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=222210

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
If you have mulling spices, throw a few in. I did that a few years ago (baked, not in crockpot - but I''m gonna try the crockpot!) - so yummy!!

Date: 10/13/2008 1:01:52 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Date: 10/13/2008 12:52:03 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Dani! We''ll have to try it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

With all this talk of apples, I make homemade applesause, without added sugar. It is sooooooo yummmmy. Just an idea.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep you did do a thread last year Zoe on apple crisp, here it is! Apple sauce is a good idea also. I wish I had some apple trees, lots of elder and hawthorn, if I made wine I would be all set. My plum trees didn''t have any fruit this year for some reason, normally they are laden with plums.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids! Did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and then two sets of arms. The scale is only up half a pound from Friday so I must not have been as bad as I thought over the weekend, LOL.

Have to go do a bunch of client things, but be back later!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Sorry, I fell off the wagon last week! lol....

On the bright side, I lost 2 lbs so far! (Hey, it''s something)

I started back on the walking yesterday and I will be doing another one today!

I''ll pop in later!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

9.gif

How awesome is that. I''m going to send my FI his way so he can take note!
2.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I''ve been lurking around these healthy lifestyle threads for some time now, but wanted to start doing it myself before posting anything. I went to the gym for the first time in *cough* nine months and even though I''m in so much pain, I feel great! I can''t wait to go back!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening!

Charger -- congrats on the three lbs! Bootcamp sounds challenging but fun.

Linda -- applesauce is on my list of things to make. I''ve never made it before but it sounds pretty easy and fail-proof. I think I''ll play around in the kitchen a bit to figure it out. I can''t wait to try it but I''''ll probably try it tomorrow.

Lorelei -- I''m so predictable.
20.gif
Fall rolls around and I''m looking for apple crisp recipes.
1.gif
I''ll see if my husband wants to make his version of apple crisp cups (core apples and bake them with the topping stuffed inside (like stuffed peppers). They''re delicious!

PD -- congrats on the 2 lbs!!

Appletini -- thanks for the link! Tht sounds yummy.
18.gif
It''s gling on my list of things to try soon.

SDL -- I think I forgot to say it before, but congrats on your first day (or night?) of work on your own! You''re helping so many people -- you should be so proud of yourself.

I had today off from school, and I did nothing (and it was fabulous!). Well, I went to the gym for a trainer appt. and now I''m doing laundry. But for the most part I surfed the web, read a little, and watched bad TV. I have to say, it was great having a lazy day. It will be hard to wake up early tomorrow. I did these new modified push ups last week at the gym, and my arms and shoulders hurt so much all weekend. My trainer took pity on me and didn''t make me do them today.

I just made one of my favorite super quick dinners: thin sliced chicken breasts with lots of lemon and garlic (no breading). I also had little red potatoes, grape tomatoes, and corn. I added a small handful of capers to add a little more flavor. My husband won''t be home from work for a couple of hours and I couldn''t wait to eat. I think I''ll have raspberries and a WW mint chocolate chip ice cream cup for dessert later. Yum!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m here, I''m here! Don''t forget about me! haha
Last night FI and I went grocery shopping and for the most part bought all healthy food (somehow he managed to sneak some doritos in there, oh well, can''t expect the poor guy to go cold turkey :) Also we decided to buy ingredients to actually make supper every night instead of just frozen pizzas and what not (we both just recently graduated college, can you believe we ate that way for so many years?? YUCK!) The only slip up I had was that his dad made this awesome desert pizza last night, it had apples and cinnamon and icing on, oops. lol. We eat dinner at his parents every sunday night so I just have to hope they make healthy food, which they usually do. Until I find a work out video (seriously addicted to those) I''ve been spending my days playing with my kitten and trying to make him tired so he''ll sleep through the night. This literally takes hours lol. I think I will have the best biceps in the world from dangling those toys for him. Anyways, that''s my update :)

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

My boyfriend had some punching gloves so we bought those mitts that you can punch so we figure it would a fun (we are a funny couple, if I do say so myself) cardio workout. I also bought those heavy resistance stretchy ropes things to do resistance work out as opposed to weights.

I put my scale away (scary for me! but i needed it!) so that I will not be so obsessed.

I wanted to tell people who have children that this yummy apple taffy stuff you can make in the oven by putting (i think) a cup of applesauce in a pan and bake it for three hours at 200 degrees makes this "candy" like apple stuff. The kids at my daycare LOVE IT! not to mention if you love apples it would be a yummy snack that might fulfill a sweet tooth.

I still have (ideally) about 35 lbs. to lose, I wish I could be like you guys and *AT LEAST* lose a couple pounds a week.
7.gif
I know I can do it!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi again!

I just finished jogging 9.7 miles....crazy!!!! I got a "runner''s high" and just didn''t stop. I did about a 15 min mile so I am getting back in to shape SLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!

Zoe- Your chicken sounds great.....Good for you for having a "veg" day!

Smurfy- Seriously, I used to live off of frozen pizzas for a long time. I actually took a look at those Digiorno personal pizzas....800+ calories....I won''t even go there about the sodium.....I was very bad with my eating habits!!!!!

SDL- Enjoy your spaghetti!!!!
18.gif

ILA- I feel you on being obsessive with the scale. I am limiting my weigh-ins to once a week (or trying to) because it can totally ruin my day if I see the numbers going up. I may have to put mine away too!

Keep it up everyone!

35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.It was in the 50’s when I got off work.Yippee.We did have a dusting of snow overnight though.

Geckodani, LOL at Lorelei talking to you – I always think she is reading my mind.That’s why she is our wise and fearless leader.Ooh, I love your “carrot”.That sounds like a great motivator.I am rooting you on for the 30 pounds.

Tacori, yes slow and steady wins the race.I am delighted to hear you are more motivated and walking plus watching your calorie intake.You definitely need to have clean jewelry for the GTG.When is it?I sure wish I was going to be there.

Zoe, great minds think alike, huh?I was very diligent today on calories.I think I am going to just maintain for awhile now but those weekends always give me a pound or two to lose again.I love apple “things”.One of my favorites is the apples like the serve at Crackle Barrel.Yummy.Apple crisp sounds delicious as well.

Welcome Studyer.Good luck on your goal to be healthy.

ChargerGirl, congratulations for losing 3 pounds already towards your first goal.I bet the boot camp won’t make you so sore this week.Salt really hits me too.

Linda, hi sweet lady.Applesauce is yummy too.

DeeJay, ½ pound for a weekend is nothing.My soup add a little over 2 pounds.Rats.Glad you started over the day with more time on the dreadmill.

PrincessDijon, congratulations for losing 2 pounds.Way to go on jogging so far.

Zoe, thanks for the great recipe.

Diva, I hope your FI takes note.Welcome to the thread and good job going back to the gym.

SanDiegoLady, glad you had a lovely day.Your spaghetti sounds great.

Smurfysmiles, that is great you picked up healthy food.If you think the food is not too healthy at his parents house just eat smaller portions and maybe take over a salad or a tray of raw veggies to fill up on while you are there.

ILoveAsschers, the punching gloves sound fun. It sounds like something we would enjoy.You can do it!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......

It was just a nice normal Monday. Even though I didn''t have a full weekend off, I was ready to get to work this morning and even got up a bit earlier. What''s with that? Rod doesn''t wake up early. Anyway, I got to work before 8 and stayed till after 6. I got a lot done, so it was a pretty decent day. Charlie''s come down with a bad cold, so he was able to get the day off and just lounge around. Since I worked out so hard at the gym yesterday, I wasn''t planning on a gym session tonight. So Charlie met me at our favorite little diner for a nice simple diner meal. We had a nice bowl fo soup and I had chcken sandwich fwith fried zuchini sticks......Yummmmmm. Charlie had a pumkin encrusted chicken breast, which he deemed to senjoy. Tomorrow will be a looong day, as I''m planning on going to the gym right after work tomorrow night. Oh.....the scale was a bit calmer this morning too. Whatever caused the blip up a ''couple'' pounds, disappeard this morning. I was so good on my business trip and I couldn''t imagine how I had gained any widght to begin with. Whew.........

Thanks for the always good reminder Lorelei!

Hey Apple! Thanks for the welcome back!!

Marcy, light snow and temps in the 50s for a high??? Shiver. It''s still near 90 degrees here in Tampa. We''re still a full week away form anything even remotely close to cooler air. Speaking of soup. A coworker of Charlie''s knew he wasn''t feeling well and she made some Chicken Motzah Ball Vegetable Soup, which we''ll have for dinner tomorrow night.

Wow.....diamonds for working out and becoming healthier Gecko?? WOW!! So.......you planning to hit your goal by what, 5"00 PM tomorrow evening?!!!

Hey Tacori! Sounds like you''re doing well!

Apple picking reminds me of such a fall thing to do Zoe. We don''t get anything like that in Florida that''s for sure.......

Welcome Studyer........I''m sure you''ll have no trouble losing 10 pounds. Piece of Cake.........!!!

Sounds like you''re going great Charger!!

Yummm to homemade applesauce Linda!!

Yay for not being too bad over the weekend Dee!!

Woo Hoo for 2 lbs lost Princess!!

Welcome to you too Diva!!

Hey Michelle, I saw in last week''s thread that you were on your own at 911.........how cool is that!! You''re an inspiration you know!

And welcome to you too Smurfy!

Good for you putting the scale away Ilove Asshers. Boxing is a great exercise and fun too. It can really wear you out.

OK....I think I said hey to everyone. If I missed anyone, my apologies. I''ll go my best to check in tomorrow night after my ''uber'' long workout at the gym. Sleep well everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results