shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Healthy Living Thread

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi ladies! Marcy glad the finger is better. Degee, glad you can go on your walks; gosh that must have been though! I got back from a walk! Boy do the babies behave out on a walk! Too bad I can't walk all day! hehe ;))

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my personal OtterBox has a little bit of blue trim and my work one is all black, but they're the exact same thing. We have Microsoft Exchange at work, but we don't use the mail icon on the phone. We had to download Good For Enterprise to sync the phone with everything. It works really well-soooooo much better than the crapberry. I have a bell on my front & back doors too. We out them there originally to train Lily to let us know when she needed to go out (yes, she rings the bell and we come running), but I have found that I like being able to hear anytime one of the doors opens. I don't have anything on the patio doors though. Our security system malfunctioned a few years ago and we've never had it fixed. I was home by myself in bed and it went off, I turned it off, it went off again, and so on. I ended up having to pull the main power unit out of the wall!

Skippy-I wish I could get out to walk more often. The weather has been really nasty the last few days. Tonight it is raining and cold. Yuck.

I only have one meeting tomorrow and it is a whole office staff meeting, so that should mean that I don't come out of there with another to do list. I have been able to get quite a lot done this week, so I'm feeling pretty happy about that. I'm still trying to figure out a costume to wear on Monday. We decorated our section really well, and I think all of my staff is planning to dress up on Monday. Someone suggested I come as Morticia Adams, which would go along with our decor. I'll have to go costume shopping this weekend. I had cottage cheese & berries for breakfast, chicken, rice, and refried beans for lunch, Matt made chili & grilled cheese for dinner, and I had grapes for a snack. I still have points left, but I think I'm going to head to bed. I'm really tired this week for some reason. Have a great Friday!! Woo-hoo....we get to wear jeans!

marcy-did you know you could split the keyboard on the iPad? My friend who just got hers showed me that yesterday. I kind of like it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. It is almost Friday. Yippee. Work was busy enough that the day just flew by. I had a lean cuisine for lunch and a kids meal for supper. I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a few things the got home about 6. Marty called me on the iPad as I was walking in the house and we talked for about 2 hours. We were messing around finding widgets. He was looking for some in his new work phone and I was looking for some on my Mac. He will get home late tomorrow. He is working from home next week then probably going back for 2 weeks.

Skippy, I am sure the boys love going for walks. I am sure they keep you very busy.

Deegee, I got my iPad back cover. It is nice. I am still going to have Marty try and cut my Trifid nebula cover to see if he can get it to fit. I am sure Marty will get riff my bells now. He is not a fan. That is funny about setting up bells on the door for Lily. How awful about your security system freaking out in the middle of the night. That must have made for a short night for you. We set the chime feature on with this new system so anytime a door opens it chimes. I brought home my new work laptop today. I can't see my folders and I still need one more program on it but I wanted to try it. Dressing up for Halloween sounds fun. I doubt I will wear anything. I did not know you could split up the keyboard. How do you do that?

Well take care.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! I decided to stay home from work today. I still had comp time to use from my work travel in September, and when I got up this morning is was cold & pouring rain, I was tired and my back hurt worse than usual so I decided to have a lazy day at home with Lily. Good decision. I had leftover chili for lunch, and for dinner we went to Panera Bread for broccoli soup & salad. There was a spot open by the fire, and I snagged it right away. Toasty warm. It is still raining pretty hard and it is supposed to start snowing, so no walk again tonight.
Tomorrow we're heading to KY to go trick-or-treating with my 2 youngest nieces. It may be too cold and soggy for Aunt Dee to trick-or-treat. I may volunteer for candy duty.

marcy-did Marty get back home? Matt told me tonight that he is home next week and then gone the next 2 weeks (home on weekends). What's up with these men of ours? I guess they're smart guys and they're at the point in their careers that it comes with the territory. The day the alarm malfunctioned was awful. It had malfunctioned a few times before that, and our neighbors told us that it had malfunctioned on the previous owner too...which is weird because our house was only a year old when we bought it. It either isn't installed right or its a bad unit. I knew what to do when it malfunctioned, but the darn thing kept going off that night. I actually had to call Matt wherever he was to find out where the main power source was, and then had to pull it out of the wall. The company has never come to fix it either. We gave up. Now I have a dog who will let me know if she hears anything during the night. To split the keyboard, press the little keyboard symbol at the bottom right side of your keyboard and hold it. The option to split will come up there. I think that's for people who are used to texting with their thumbs! I have decided I'm not very good at it. I'm glad you got your new laptop at work. I'm starting to wonder about mine... Let me know if Marty figures out a way to cut the ipad case.

Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hope your back is better tonight. I heard your part of the country was going to get some snow. Have a safe trip to KY. I bought a few bags of candy for trick or treaters on Monday. Marty will be home that night so I won't mind answering the door. How awful to have the alarm system keep going off during the night. Lily is I am sure a great alarm system. I hope Marty tries to cut my case this week because I really like the picture. I will have to try the split keyboard but I don't know if I'd use it. Marty got a wireless keyboard to use with his iPad. He seems to like it.

Work was busy until the last few hours. I was tempted to let people sneak out a little early but hated to start a riot with nearby departments. I had a big project come in about 4 pm that kept me busy. One of my swing shift gals shut down a system that has to stay on and go an alarm went out. I got a phone call from the guy who got paged. He is going to meet my person on call tomorrow and see what happened. My new girl sets at that station and I am worried she shut it off. That won't go over well if that is what happened.

Marty is on his way home from the airport. He is going back the week after next. Next week he will get his office set up here and start working on his projects.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! We just got home from KY, and brrrr... it's a chilly night for trick or treating! Matt and I ended up walking with our nieces because there were about 20 kids in their group and not many adults. We took Lily, and she got to meet lots of people and got lots of petting. She loves that. She and I are warming up in front of the fireplace right now. It's funny that Matt and I live away from my family, but get home to so many of the events with the kids that their friends call us Aunt Dee and Uncle Matt. All I have had to eat today is 2 pieces of pizza, and ... ummm... some trick or treat candy. We walked for close to 2 hours, so I'm counting that as some exercise for the day.

Marcy-I hope they figured out what happened at work and that it wasn't your new person. If it was, will she get into trouble? I hope not. I looked at the wireless keyboards for my iPad, but decided not to get one just yet. Is he using his for work? I think if I actually typed documents I would probably want one, but right now for work I'm only using the note taking app and my stylus. Our trick or treat is on Monday also. We have so many kids that we park chairs at the end of the driveway and hand out candy for 2 solid hours without a break. All of the neighbors do the same thing, and it gives us a chance to chit chat a little before the swarm of kids comes through. Our neighborhood is known as a good neighborhood to hit so we have kids from all over town. Matt usually dresses up, but has been too busy to get a costume this year. We plan to go to the costume store tomorrow...nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Have a great Sunday!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, did you get snow there? It sounds like you had a lot of fun in KY. How come they go trick or treating early? We had pizza today too. We brought most of it home for supper and still have some for tomorrow. I would say walking for 2 hours counts. That is very cool your neighborhood just sets outside and hands out treats for 2 hours. It it was warmer here I'd do that myself. I always thought of setting up my telescope and showing the sights too but I never did that either. Marty uses his keyboard to type up notes and documents. He seems to like it but he types really well on the iPad. I have trouble getting the spaces right on the iPad.

Marty got home about 11 last night. We went out for breakfast then ran errands and went shopping. Marty needed some things for his office. He got a 2 line phone that can work with headsets and on blue tooth. We got an inexpensive entertainment stand to set the printers on and moved a few other things around. We wandered in and out of stores for about 4 hours. Marty put his lamp and stand together and I picked up the mess and vacuumed again.

I am watching Crazy Heart.

Later,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We got up about 7. Since I didn't buy groceries yet invent to BK and got us some croissants for breakfast. Then I went grocery shopping and bought stuff to make lasagna. We are having tacos tomorrow night so we will have a lot of leftovers for lunches.

I had a lot of laundry to get done today with Marty being gone this past week. I got my astronomy cub newsletter done and measured out my cereal for breakfast this week. I picked up some of he 45 calorie wheat bread so I won't need a knife if I want something toasted. Lol. Well maybe a butter knife but nothing that can cut me.

I keep asking Marty what he is going to wear to work tomorrow. Too funny. He will probably start working at least by 7 our time.

I spent a great deal of time today going through some slides and videos a friend sent me. His company did some work on a project that is drilling ice core samples out of the glacier in Greenland. He actually got to fly there this summer. They have to land on the glacier in a C130 equipped with huge skis which he says is a bone jarring experience when you hit the ground. Taking off is even more harrowing though. The plane has to get up to 65 knots then the light jets to help get the plane off the ground when the plane reaches 85 knots. Their several hur visit turned out to be 36 hours because it took them 12 tries to take off. He had a lot of great pictures of the experiment, living quarters and the glacier. I got cold just looking at it all. The snow piles up so they have to keep raising buildings or pulling them around with snow machines. Very cool. He missed a crew from Discovery by a week. They are airing a program on it at some point. Neat stuff.

Marty beat me twice at Scrabble tonight. Rats.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty is working from home today. I am going to be so jealous having to leave and go to work all week. Of course sometimes he will have to fly around the world to go to work so then I won't be jealous.

Aak, we have another winter storm coming in Tuesday - Wednesday. Right now they are estimating 4 to 8 inches of snow with blowing snow. Ew!!!

Have a great Monday! :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween! My department won the cubicle/section decorating contest at work. Woo-hoo! We did a fine job, I must say. We got our stuff up about 3 weeks ago, which got a bunch of other groups in the mood to start decorating so we had a very festive office this year. We also had a record number of people dress up this year, excluding me because I waited too late to shop for a costume and the only costumes left were not suitable for work. We donated our winnings to our agency nursing home community outreach project. Matt, Lily and I were outside for 2 hours this evening giving out candy. It was windy and 45 out, and it's going to take me a while to warm up. I started off the day healthy with oats and blueberries, but had some cheeseball and crackers and 1/2 piece of pumpkin cake for lunch, a bowl of minestrone soup & a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, and 6 pieces of candy while I was feezing outside. We had planned to walk after we thawed out a little, but I'm thinking getting in my toasty warm bed sounds awfully nice. I'll be good tomorrow.

Marcy-if I worked from home, I'm afraid I'd never get out of my jammies! I had to reduce down to 2-3 days a week for a year a few years ago due to my back, and I never got dressed on the days I was at home. I'm sure Marty is much more self disciplined than I! I hope he gets accustomed to his new job quickly. I can't believe how much snow you have had already, although I remember my MIl saying that they had snow September-May when they lived in Montana. Yuck! Your friend's Greenland adventure sounds very cool. I bet he has some awesome pictures. Matt just found out he has another trip in December, so he'll be traveling every other week through the first of the year. Boo! I'm going to start my official pity party next Monday. I'm having trouble with spacing too, and I know I'm hitting that darn space bar.

I think I'm going to put on my jammies, get in bed and read awhile. Have a great day tomorrow! November 1 already. Where has the year gone?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween! We have not had many trick or treaters tonight. I will probably shut off my lights and shut the door pretty soon. A friend from work brought her kids by and they were cute because they raided Marty's candy dish with dark chocolate then realized it was dark chocolate so they put it back.

Work was slow today so it made the day go slowly. I am trying to leave thins for my employees to do for training purposes but then I am bored. I was scheduled to attend a demo at 2 for a new software tool but we got some vague email from them right before the demo that I guess it's not ready yet.

We made tacos for supper. Marty cutnupmour veggies for me. Strange he didn't want me using a knife.

Deegee, how cool your department won the decorating contest at work. Congratulations. That was very nice of all of you to donate your winnings too, I am sure they appreciated it. It sounds like you guys had a chilly night outside tonight. It takes a while to warm up after getting that chilly. We were in the low 60's today but that snow storm is coming in tomorrow. Working from home in jammies sounds fun. I would probably put on sweats. Marty said he got a lot done today. Yes, Wyoming and Montanta have 9 months of winter and 3 months of mostly cold wether. Okay not that bad but it seems like it. Boo that Matt will be gone so much between now and the rest of the year. Marty is out again next week. His old boss today told me to ask him if he got any work done today.

Well, take care. :wavey:

Marcy.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! It was a long day again at work. Matt dropped me off before 8 and picked me up after 6. I didn't have a single meeting today and I feel like I got tons of stuff done. I'm scheduled for a meeting all afternoon tomorrow, so it won't be such a great day. We just got home from our evening walk. It's 41 and a little breezy, but not too bad. I had turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots for dinner, and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Matt is heading out in the morning at 5:15, so we're going to try to get in bed by 11. I've got 16 minutes...

marcy-I definitely didn't appreciate dark chocolate until recently. Kids would probably gag if they ate it! Too bad you're bored at work, but that probably won't last long. It sounds like you have lots of new software to try out. I'm trying to test a new web reporting system, but can't get to it. We rolled it out for one of our retirement systems a few years ago and have been adapting it for the other systems we administer, and it requires lots of testing before being moved to production. It's how we collect retirement contributions and service reporting for our members in each of our plans, so it's got to work! The developers tend to cut and paste, which doesn't always work because each plan is governed by a different section of state law. I have also been trying to test an estimate and retirement calculation program for one of our other systems since June and can't get to it either. Both things are waiting for me for the go ahead, but I'm always in meetings! Too funny Marty doesn't want you to use a knife, but he sure has good reason! How's your finger, by the way? I can't tell you how many times a day I hear from somebody, "Dee...please be careful." I have a reputation.

Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I finally got my new mini laptop at work. It weighs a good 10-12 pounds lighter than my old one. I took it to a meeting this afternoon, and it was so nice to carry something so light. It's going to be a real back and shoulder saver. My afternoon meeting only lasted around 2 hours instead of the entire afternoon, so that was very nice too. Matt had to go out of town bright and early this morning and got home at 8:30 tonight. We had grilled pork chops, teriyaki noodles and veggies for dinner and I had a WW icecream bar for dessert. Marcy-antoher coworker gave in and bought an ipad at lunch today. She had been asking me and my friend who finally got hers for her bday questions here and there, but was trying to make it until Christmas... She couldn't take it anymore!

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sorry you had such a long day at work yesterday but yay that you have your lighter laptop now and your meeting didn’t last as long as expected today. That is funny your co worker gave in and got an iPad. Was she the one you mentioned a while back? I sure like mine. Glad Matt’s trip was a quick one. Marty is gone next week again. Good luck finding the time to do your web reporting system software. I haven’t got my new software tested yet but it was put in our test bed yesterday.

Last night we went out for a drink with friends after work. I ended up having 2 glasses of wine and bar popcorn for supper. I didn’t feel well this morning but got around anyway and breakfast perked me right up. Marty woke up about 3:30 this morning. I told him it must be a phantom phone call from his old job. He got up and starting working about 5. Consequently I didn’t sleep well.

Tonight we met about 20 people for supper for a retirement party of a lady at work. She was Marty’s admin for years and a very sweet lady so we both went. Marty got a second phone line installed today and it killed our voicemail on our main line. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone tonight trying to get it fixed. The local company switched so they moved both phone lines over to the new company which killed our voicemail. Sadly they neglected to tell Marty any of that when they were here. D’oh!

We did have another snow storm roll through here and leave about 8 to 10 inches of snow. It was really wet so it got very icy. Our tires on this car are not as good on ice as my old car. I was whining last night I want my Michelin tires again. Marty did offer to drive me to work this morning but I decided he won’t always be here so I’d best get used to driving myself. Other than school nights I’ve always rode to work with Marty during the winter so I was pretty spoiled not having to drive to work on bad days.

We are taking my parents out for supper tomorrow. It’s my mom’s birthday.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We took my parents to supper for my mom's birthday. They just got back from visiting my aunt in the mountains so we caught up with them on their trip. We ate at Olive Garden. I had spaghetti. Marty gets the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Work was a bit hectic today but at least tomorrow is Friday. I hope you Friday's go well and you have a great start to the weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-happy birthday to your mom! Glad you got to have a nice dinner with her. Matt is out of town next week too. I'll be talking to the walls by Friday. I may go have a manicure with a friend after work one evening, but I have no plans other than that. My staff has decided that they need to take turns bringing me food since I didn't eat much the last time he was out of town. I didn't think about you having to drive in the cruddy weather now that Marty has a different job. Matt and I have carpooled for so long that I can't remember the last time I had to drive very far in the snow. The tires on my Acura are 19 inch Michelins. I had low profile sport tires on my Infiniti and they were awesome on dry pavement, but I was always a little nervous in rain or snow.

I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I spent almost all day for the past 2 days testing the web contribution system. I'm probably going to dream about it tonight. We came home this evening with every intention to let Lily out and play with her for a while and then going to eat and grocery shop. Matt ended up turning on the gas logs and I fell asleep on the couch and he fell asleep in the comfy chair. Needless to say, we ended up ordering in and staying home this evening. I had spaghetti and Matt ordered a personal pizza. We just got back from our walk and it's a very brisk evening out. I plan to go shopping for a bag for my baby laptop tomorrow. The IT person ordered the bag for it, and it is barely big enough to hold the laptop and cord. I'd like something a little bigger so I can carry files too, but I don't want to spend much on it since it is for work. I'll probably check Kohl's, Target, and TJ Maxx. I'd also like to find a lightweight purse since I now carry 2 iphones and an ipad in addition to my usual junk. It's no wonder my shoulders always hurt! Have a great weekend!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, thank you for the birthday wishes for my mom. That is nice of your staff to see to it that you eat next week. I picked up lean cuisines for my lunches next week. Sorry that Matt is gone next week. Marty leaves Monday morning and gets home Friday night. I bought a bigger purse so I could carry everything in it but then it got too heavy and was going me a stiff neck. Good idea to look for something at Ross or TJ Max. My bag igot at office max was only $30. Did you catch up on some sleep? I am yawning a lot right now.

Last night we went to a friend's house to play poker. The ladies watched Stupid Love Crazy. It was pretty funny. We didn't get home until after midnight though. I got up about 7. I made us your basic breakfast - eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. That 45 calorie wheat toast just doesn't taste that good toasted. I don't mind it in sandwiches. I worked on some things around the house and did laundry. We went out and ran errands about 1. Marty make himself some kind of spicy chicken and he cooked me a small steak on the grill.

Take care. :appl: :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. :wavey:

We had a fun day. I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I get 1 pancake and 1 piece of center cut bacon. Marty gets 2 bigger pancakes and 4 pieces of bacon. We also had a cup for fruit. We headed south about 10 am to get in some shopping then met my family for lunch at 2 pm. 16 of us were there. Only 3 family members were missing; they are all in Texas. It was nice. We got home about 5 pm. I had Marty stop at Sams Club to pick up my photo Christmas cards. They didn't turn out too bad. I worked at a photo finishers for years and I am very picky with color on photos so I think they could be a little better but for about 17 cents a piece they will do. Just for fun tonight I made up a very obnoxious Christmas form letter. I'll probably give it to a friend a work and my brother-in-law. I usually write a Christmas poem so I'll try to work on that this week while Marty is gone. I'll have my Christmas cards in the mail right after Thanksgiving. Woo hoo! I need to get some slippers made for Christmas too. I should get on that.

We wandered around for quite awhile today and even thought it was in the 30's it was pretty warm in the sun. Marty had $100 in reward certificates from Men's Wearhouse so we wanted to get those spent before they expired in a few weeks. He got some new jeans and a silk shirt.

Marty is leaving for the airport about 6 am in the morning so I'll be up bright and early.

I hope you all had a great and healthy weekend.

Well, take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Why does Sunday night always come so darn fast? We got a lot of yardwork done today. I ran the leaf blower while Matt raked, and then he mowed the lawn while I cleaned leaves out of the landscaping. Our yard looks halfway presentable now, until the next big wind. I cleaned a bit in the garage and did a load of laundry. We're both pretty tired this evening, but got some good exercise today. I had a banana for breakfast, peanuts for lunch, and cajun grilled chicken & a baked sweet potato for dinner at a local restaurant. Matt and I both ordered a slice of pumpkin roll for dessert. I love fall desserts! Matt is packing for his trip right now. I'll drop him off at his office in the morning and he'll leave from there. He is traveling with the big boss and another manager. Bummer for me.

Marcy-I can't believe you're getting ready for Christmas already! I haven't sent Christmas cards to anyone but my immediate family the past few years, and I do good to get them in the mail a couple days before Christmas! You're very creative to write a Christmas poem. I told my nieces and nephews that I''m stressed out this year, and they'd better tell me exactly what they want or it's gift cards for them. I'm glad you guys had a fun day with your family. That's great that all but 3 people were there. We didn't get home this weekend. I'm really worried about my mom. She had a bad fall two weeks ago and broke ribs and tore cartlidge, and is still feeling pretty bad. I'd like to be back home with her. She needs someone to make her stay off her feet. Dad tries, but isn't successful. I bought a bag at Kohl's, but I may end up taking it back. I also bought a 10 in sleeve for the mini, and I'm going to see how it works with my old laptop bag. I bought it at the Eddie Bauer outlet this summer because the bag they IT lady ordered for me for my 14 lb laptop was too small, and the laptop didn't even fit in the cushioned part. She's not great at the bag thing. My Eddie Bauer bag is nylon and pretty light. The one I bought yesterday is leather and probably a little too heavy. The deputy director will kill me if I get a heavy bag after she authorized a light laptop for me! (They got me a HP mini 5130)

Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it sounds like you guys got a lot of yard work in this weekend. Our yard is very full of leaves too. Do you want to come by and clean up my yard next? :bigsmile: I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon. I know that kind of thing takes a long time to recover from; she'll have to rest a lot and if she overdoes it she'll hurt pretty bad. My poor mom falls a lot and has broken or cracked several ribs. I used to be very organized for Christmas when I taught school part time. I had to be but now that I've been "slacking" for over a year now I have time to kill. The only reason I got around and got cards already is because I picked up some Snoopy Christmas letter head that came with envelopes. I thought the only way I can use the envelopes too was if I got some photo Christmas cards. I used a photo we got of a mountain goat a few summers ago in Glacier Naitonal Park and also a photo of us at Beaver Creek this fall. I got 3 different card styles. One just says Merry Christmas with Naughty and NIce on it. That one I put the picture of us on it. Then I got an real basic Christmas card with ornaments, trees, etc. and it has room for 2 photos so one is of the mountain goat and the littler picture is of us. The last style is very decorative red and gold and it has the mountain goat in it. I have written the poem since we got married (20 years ago last summer) and it was easy until people started to tell me how much they enjoy it and look forward to it and then it became a chore. But since I am psyched to get it done this year it should be easy. My gag one for my friend has silly things in it like here is my Christmas letter to inform you of all the crap we did this year. Then I go on to say but you'll only be seeing "blah, blah, blah". I followed that up with but I don't care what you think anyway. Another segment I called 2011, A Brief History of Our Time and have a section in there about Marty bragging about walking down the hall in his PJ's to go to work. So I said I'll put some itching powder in his PJ's so he'll have to commute across the hall. It is just full of obnoxious things like that. She'll get a good chuckle out of it. That would be funny that you get a light weight laptop then start packing it around with a heavy bag. I'll have to go look up your mini - it sounds nice.

I best start getting ready for bed.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I broke ribs in my wreck, and I have tried to tell mom that rest and taking it easy is essential. Mom & dad were in the middle of painting the interior of the house when she got caught up in her step stool and fell into a wooden valance that had been taken down so they could paint under it. She finished painting, moved furniture back into place, and scrubbed floors on her hands and knees before going for xrays. I keep telling her "of course you hurt!" I need to go home and sit on her to keep her from doing things, I think. I feel for your mom and all of the falls. Bless her heart. You crack me up with your Christmas letters/cards/poems, especially the gag letters. Very original! I'm camera shy so our Christmas picture would be Matt, Lily, and the back of my head. Matt and I did go shopping for new outdoor lights and decor over the weekend, but Target was just cleaning up their Halloween stuff and didn't have Cmas stuff out yet, Lowes didn't have much, and Hobby Lobby was already pretty picked over. They have had their stuff out since the end of July. We'll try again this weekend with diffent stores. Good luck with all the writing you have to do!

Liky and I walked our 3 miles as soon as I got home tonight at 6, and it was already completely dark. I turned on nearly every light in the house and outside as well before we headed out. I had cottage cheese & raspberries for breakfast, dumplings, green beans and carrots for lunch, and macaroni & tomatoes for dinner and a bowl of grapes for a snack. I think I'm not eating enough in the day because I always have 15-20 points left at bedtime. I hoard my points all day in case I have a big dinner or dessert, and then end up not using them. I probably need to eat more for breakfast, but I feel plenty full until lunch-so hmmm... I'm going to call mom and then Matt, and then head to bed. I need to get to work early so I can leave early and get home before dark. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Marty got up about 5:30 and left about 6:15 this morning. He got to Atlanta by about 1 today. Work was mostly okay. I had to answer some questions tonight for my swing shift.

I am impatiently waiting to hear from Marty now. I think I'll facetime him when I am done here. He is probably napping.

I had toast for BF, some cheerios for mid morning snack, lean cuisine for lunch with fruit then someone brought me the Coke they "owed" me. Yes, I drank most of it. Tonight I had leftover steak and a few oven french fries. I really wanted a baked potato but didn't have any here to bake.

We had chilly weather here today but the snow flurries never appeared. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Me

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am sure breaking your ribs in your wreck was only a small portion of the bodily parts that were hurting you. You poor thing. I hate to hear your mom did all those things before going in to get an X-ray. Of course I would be like that too. Our Lowes has quite a bit of Christmas things out already. I guess Sears does too but someone else told me because they have a Snoopy decoration and knew I'd be interested. I am glad you and Lily came home from your walk to a well lit house. Do you have some lights on timers? I have one set up in our living room and bedroom. I had to adjust it tonight since it was dark when I came home tonight. I hope you do get to come home in daylight tomorrow. Maybe eat 5 or so points for breakfast so you won't be short so many points if you don't eat something at night. Of course you have to find what works for you.

I just talked to Marty. He was tired. He spent a few hours working at his hotel room so he's probably going to go to sleep early tonight then wake up about 3 am. He does that way too often. He is enjoying shutting off his phone at night though.

Later.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-after my wreck, it was easier to tell what didn't hurt than to go through all the things that did! I talked to mom a this evening, and she said she is starting to feel a little better. I'm really worried about her because she had 5 stents put in last year at this time and she's been having chest pains lately and had to take her nitroglycerin a few times. She had a stress test and echocardiogram scheduled to look into that, and then she fell the day before her appointment so they've rescheduled the tests twice. They're scheduled again for Thursday. The doctor told her it would be really painful with her rib injury, but they're afraid to put them off any longer. I don't have any lights on timers, but I think we need to do that since Matt will be traveling more. It was dark again when I got home tonight. Lily and I were halfway up the monster hill on our walk when I looked down and saw my house...and had to laugh. It was very well lit! I bet poor Marty is having a hard time getting used to a new schedule. Oh, and my laptop is a HP mini 5103, not 5130. Too many numbers floating around in my head!

I did a little better with food today. I'm finishing the day with 11 points left over instead of 15-20. I'll plan better next week when we head to the grocery store. Our board meeting at work is tomorrow and that's always a long day so i'm going to try to be asleep before midnight. I got a lot accomplished tonight. I did a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen & master bathroom, walked 3 miles, and talked to mom for an hour. What an evening! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a rough day at work. Problems arose last night about 10 and I was still dealing with them at 5 pm today. Hopefully everyone is calm by now.

I went to supper with a friend then we went shopping. I got a pair of PJ’s.

My lean cuisine at lunch seemed to make me sick. I had the same thing a few weeks ago with the same results; I wonder if there is chicken or chicken broth in it. It’s their fetticine Alfredo. Interesting.

I have laundry drying right now and I think I’ll go to bed when it’s finished.

Deegee, I bet just about every part of your body hurt after your wreck. I am so sorry to hear about your mom having some chest pains again. Poor thing. I hope they get her tests done soon with positive results. I don’t blame you for leaving the lights on when you go for a walk. Marty is NOT happy with me tonight at all. The girl I was out with went to pick up a TV from some one here in town who listed it on Craig’s List. It wasn’t a bad part of town or I wouldn’t have gone with her but I figured it was fine to set in the car. If it had looked bad when we got there I would have said no let's leave but it was fine. Anyway Marty is quite angry with me and told me never to do that again. I feel bad he was so upset about it. Yay for doing some housework, taking a big walk and talking to your mom.

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well.

Last night I went to supper with a friend and then we went shopping. She also was going to pick up a TV she bought on Craig's list at some guys house. Boy was I in trouble from Marty for that. I felt bad both because he was upset and because I knew it wasn't a smart thing to do. She was going by herself so I said I would ride along with her. I knew the part of town okay. I told her if it looked bad or funny we were not stoping. It was fine but we should have done something different. I told her today that was our Thelma and Louise moment.

Marty comes home tomorrow. Yippee.

One of my employees wrote a scathing email about me and our office to my boss's boss. The 3 of them had a meeting today. I guess they stood up for me and told her she needed to talk to me first. This is the 4th time she has gone over my head in the last 6 months. Sigh. My boss wasn't mad about anything so that is good.

I met my parents for lunch and had a lean cuisine pizza for supper.

Take care.
Marcy.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm so sorry you're having a rough time at work. I hope the problem has been solved. I can't believe your employee did that! That's a tough one. I guess some people just really have no clue. Glad your boss had your back. Too funny about your Thelma & Louise moment, although not funny about Marty being upset. My friend and I always end up getting lost when we go out. I don't know how we do it, but we always miss a turn or take a wrong turn and end up waaayyy off base. Once on the way back to work from lunch, our regular road was blocked. We figured we could cut down a side street, but we ended up getting turned around in a maze of one way streets and dead ends. We could see the dome of the capitol building (where we worked), but we couldn't get on the right street to get us there!

My hands are so cold right now that my ipad keyboard isn't responding well. I have today off, so Lily and I have been hanging out. Matt got home last night and I was hoping he would take off today, but he had too much to do after being out of the office most of the week. I went to a salon for a European manicure yesterday. It was quite nice & relaxing. I had clear shellac polish put on my natural nails. I'm hoping it will help them be stronger and quit breaking back so far. Mom had her tests yesterday and was quite sore when I talked to her last night. We're going to head to KY this evening when Matt gets home. So far today I have had cottage cheese & raspberries and a banana. 2 of my mom's sisters are visiting her and have made lots of food, soups, and desserts so I will have plenty to choose from for dinner. Have a great weekend!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Last night we went and played cribbage with some friends after Marty got home. This morning I tried French toast using a recipe online. It tasted good but the inside was mushy. Rats. We had a package to pick up at FedEx. Then we went to Verizon. We walked in and said we are here to get a 4s iPhone. We wait for about 45 minutes. The guy starts to wait on us and they don't have any in the store. So we left. By then I was hungry so we split some appetizers and had a glass of wine for lunch. Then we went to the liquor store to stock our wine rack. After we got home Marty set up some more things in his office and I worked on laundry.

Deegee, too funny you and you friend tend to get lost when you go out together. I think my employee is going to keep me busy for awhile. I hope you have fun this weekend with your family.

Tomorrow I need to figure food out for the week, stock Marty's break room and dust and vacuum. I have vacation in one more week. Woo hoo.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a lazy Sunday. I made us a waffle to split for breakfast. I made Marty some bacon and an egg too. I hit the grocery store about 9. I got steak, asparagus and potatoes to bake for lunch. I am going to leave a roast in the crock pot tomorrow. We had some pop corn for supper. We watched the movie Changed Up tonight nit was pretty funny.

I hope you had a great weekend. :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday. I hope you had a great day.

I had an English muffin for breakfast and some strawberries. I had leftover lasagna for lunch and we had roast beef for supper.

We are just watching TV tonight. I tried to beat Marty at scrabble but once again I didn't quite make it. I tend to beat him at lucky games.

Take care.
Mercy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results