shape
carat
color
clarity

Eat to Live?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Has anybody ever read this book/tried the program? I''m less looking to lose weight (though that would be nice) than I am looking to learn which foods to eat for a healthy lifestyle. I have heart problems and can''t really afford to mess around with my health anymore. It seems like the book is based around a fairly simple idea, and is sustainable. It seems (so far) less like a fad diet and more like a way to decide which foods are better to eat. But I''ve only just started the book, so I still haven''t made my mind up about it and was hoping to hear opinions from people who have read it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not read the book, but I''ve seen it several times being used on Oprah. Many times when Dr. Oz is on the show, he alludes to the book. As I recall, the people were going in for major surgeries and had to drop weight quickly prior to the surgery. I honestly don''t remember if it was something they wanted to continue.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I am doing it right now! I read it a year ago, and did it for a while, but had a hard time staying committed when I was out socially or visiting the BF. My mom completed her 6 weeks and lost the 20 lbs. She lost 25-30 lbs, and maintained all summer using the principles, but not doing it strictly. She also did very minimal exercise to no exercise. She is going to start doing it strictly again since school is back in, and she wants to lose another 10 lbs or so. My mom decided to do it after I made her read the book. She had health issues (blood pressure, cholesterol, sugar, etc) and got a poor report from her physician. After 6 weeks of ETL, all of her numbers were fantastic. Her doctor was thrilled, and my mother was so proud!

My mom suggested it to a guy friend, and he was thrilled! He lost 15-20lbs very quickly, and he had been going to a personal trainer for years. His trainer asked HIM what he was doing, lol.

I agree, it is not meant at all to be a fad diet. It is really about educating people on food choices, nutrition and health. The book made a lot of sense to me, and I am actually re-reading it now to stay motivated. I am a BIG foodie, and love junk, but as I ease into the program, it really gets easier and easier.

Anyway, I can go on and on... you can let me know if you have any more specific questions. I don't own a scale, so I don't know how much weight I lost before, but my pants were much looser within the first 2 weeks :)

ETA: If you decide to do it, there is a Yahoo Group that you can join for motivation! That definitely helped me, though it could just be another forum to be addicted to!!!
38.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard of that book before but wasn''t sure what it was about. What is their basic principles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results