shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
+.4 this week. It happens. I wasn''t tracking like I should have and my activity level went up (I lost 2.4 with no activity, but once I added it in my body revolted, lol). I''m trying really hard to save my weekly points right now for Saturday becuase I''m going to need them. I have an Ultimate tournament and will be on the field anywhere between 2 and 6 hours - I''m going to need all the extra calories I can get!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 4:59:37 PM
Author: princesss
+.4 this week. It happens. I wasn''t tracking like I should have and my activity level went up (I lost 2.4 with no activity, but once I added it in my body revolted, lol). I''m trying really hard to save my weekly points right now for Saturday becuase I''m going to need them. I have an Ultimate tournament and will be on the field anywhere between 2 and 6 hours - I''m going to need all the extra calories I can get!
You will lose soon! When I was losing weight I would have weeks I wouldn''t lose and then I would drop bigger amounts the following week.

How is everyone doing? Go Team Weight Watchers
35.gif
I think it is pretty cool what they are doing to help hunger in the US w/this new promotion to lose weight and for everyone lb lost goes to food for the hungry

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry you had a bad week, SDL! (love the new avatar pic, by the way!)

I have been doing well and staying motivated since I am continuing to see results. I was down -2.2lbs yesterday for a five week total of 12.2lbs! I have been working out with The FIRM dvd''s (I have the old fanny lifter workouts, but have recently rented some newer cardio FIRM dvd''s through Blockbuster online) 4-5 times a week. I really think the exercising is doing wonders.

Just an observation, but the attendance at my weekly meeting has continued to decrease. When I first joined, on August 17th, there were at least 30 people at the meeting, with a line out the door for weigh-in. Last night, there were prob 12 people. Have any of you noticed that trend? Is that usual this time of year?

My next goal is to fit into the jeans I wore on my first date with the BF- size 16. I think I can do it in about 3-4 weeks... I will keep you all posted as to when I reach this goal and what my next milestone with be.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 9:37:13 AM
Author: kiett98
I''m sorry you had a bad week, SDL! (love the new avatar pic, by the way!)

I have been doing well and staying motivated since I am continuing to see results. I was down -2.2lbs yesterday for a five week total of 12.2lbs! I have been working out with The FIRM dvd''s (I have the old fanny lifter workouts, but have recently rented some newer cardio FIRM dvd''s through Blockbuster online) 4-5 times a week. I really think the exercising is doing wonders.

Just an observation, but the attendance at my weekly meeting has continued to decrease. When I first joined, on August 17th, there were at least 30 people at the meeting, with a line out the door for weigh-in. Last night, there were prob 12 people. Have any of you noticed that trend? Is that usual this time of year?

My next goal is to fit into the jeans I wore on my first date with the BF- size 16. I think I can do it in about 3-4 weeks... I will keep you all posted as to when I reach this goal and what my next milestone with be.
That''s pretty typical. A ton of people from my meetings don''t actually show up.

So, we had to set our goals for the rest of the year today. I said I want to break 155 by Dec. 31 (I''m 164 right now), and I want to be able to run 5k comfortably. This week is REALLY hard. It''s a celebration week at work, and we''ve had candy and sweets and food all week. I''m also visiting friends this weekend, so that''ll be an indulgent time. I''m worried.

I''m also really frustrated. It''s SO HARD to find a balance with exercise. I work out generally at least 2x per week, about 2 hours. This past weekend I had a tournament and was running for about 6 hours (with breaks included...maybe 5 total on the field). I gained .4. I''m at a place in life where I want to be active, and I''m having fun with it, but I''m so frustrated that I can''t seem to drop the weight. I didn''t exercise one week and I lost 2.4! I just can''t find that happy balance where I''m eating the right amount to still lose while I work out. And I want to do it this way, so that I can maintain this level of activity and lose weight so that it''s easier to maintain later - but seriously, it''s been almost a year since there was any significant weight loss. A year! I need to figure something out before I go insane.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hang in there SDL, slow and steady wins the race and you WILL do it. you are awesome!
You can do it Princesss! You are awesome!

How are the other WW's doing??
35.gif

Princesss and kiett98, I too have noticed there aren't as many people in WW; I think they are all in holiday mood. The good thing is that people who attend meetings w/have support for the temptations ahead.
2.gif
I know I will need that support!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Hey, ladies. I was down 1.6lbs yesterday at WI, for a total of 13.8lbs! Yay me!
36.gif

How is everyone else doing?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:16:26 PM
Hey, ladies. I was down 1.6lbs yesterday at WI, for a total of 13.8lbs! Yay me!
36.gif

How is everyone else doing?
wooohooo Kiett98, AWESOM JOB
36.gif
36.gif
14 lbs, YAY YAY
36.gif
36.gif

SDL, best wishes!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I maintained, which is a miracle! We had celebrations all week, and I tried to not go overboard too much. It paid off, too. I felt like I had everything I wanted, but I didn't gain. Fantastic. Still only an overall loss of 10.2 (in a year!), but I'm ready to kick it into gear. My goal is 10 more by New Years. I just repeat "10 pounds, 10 pounds, 10 pounds" and try to keep my indulgences minimal. Right now I'm sick, so I need more calories than usual in my meals (so I can have OJ and stuff like that), and I'm still snacking a little. Nothing too bad, though. I'm pretty excited. I think I can really do this again. 10 pounds. I've done it before, I can do it again.

ETA: Go kiett! You rock, lady!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 4:21:53 PM
I maintained, which is a miracle! We had celebrations all week, and I tried to not go overboard too much. It paid off, too. I felt like I had everything I wanted, but I didn't gain. Fantastic. Still only an overall loss of 10.2 (in a year!), but I'm ready to kick it into gear. My goal is 10 more by New Years. I just repeat '10 pounds, 10 pounds, 10 pounds' and try to keep my indulgences minimal. Right now I'm sick, so I need more calories than usual in my meals (so I can have OJ and stuff like that), and I'm still snacking a little. Nothing too bad, though. I'm pretty excited. I think I can really do this again. 10 pounds. I've done it before, I can do it again.

ETA: Go kiett! You rock, lady!
Yay for maintaining and not gaining!!! You can do it Princesss; it took me 1 1/2 to lose 35 lbs. The important thing is that you are keeping with it; kudos! hope you feel better soon!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
-1.4! How''s everybody else doing this week?

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I had a great week! -3.6lbs. I exercised 6 times, though, where as I usually only worked out 4 times. I don''t know that I will be doing that frequently, but I was "bored" this past weekend so I did a Firm dvd... better than eating ice cream!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 4:14:42 PM
I had a great week! -3.6lbs. I exercised 6 times, though, where as I usually only worked out 4 times. I don''t know that I will be doing that frequently, but I was ''bored'' this past weekend so I did a Firm dvd... better than eating ice cream!

GO YOU!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
+1.4

I am having so much trouble figuring out what I did before that worked. I''m working out more. I''m eating healthier. It must just be that I''m not 100% on the points/tracking, because this is nuts.

On the plus side, I''ve kept off 10 pounds for a year. On the negative side, I haven''t lost anything (really) in a year. I''ve got to figure this out. I talked with my leader, and I''m getting the books again (I lost mine). Hopefully that will help. I just need to be motivated and really PLAN.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
How is everyone doing this week? I weighed in last night and am down 21.8lbs total! Still motivated...

There was a male member who reached the 100lb mark last night at the meeting! It was so exciting and motivating to see someone who has done it and is still doing it. He said he has 15 more lbs to reach goal. It was so sweet, instead of a cake, his wife brought a fruit bowl with a "100" number candle standing up in it. Brought tears to my eyes...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 8:06:39 AM
How is everyone doing this week? I weighed in last night and am down 21.8lbs total! Still motivated...

There was a male member who reached the 100lb mark last night at the meeting! It was so exciting and motivating to see someone who has done it and is still doing it. He said he has 15 more lbs to reach goal. It was so sweet, instead of a cake, his wife brought a fruit bowl with a '100' number candle standing up in it. Brought tears to my eyes...
Yay for being down 21.8 lbs!!!!
36.gif
I love the meetings because they are so inspiring; that is so cool about that guy at your meeting! I am a little worried w/the holidays coming; I just keep reminding myself of all the hard work I put in. hehe

Princess, you will lose, hang in there! It is tough this time of year; we want to hibernate.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope this thread keeps going because I really really really need the extra support! This is my 3rd week of WW, with 2 weeks in the middle where I
really didn''t do anything. Down 3 lbs. I have been to WW so many times I cant really even count them anymore, but I am going to give it my all this time.

This time will be a bit harder though because in the last year allergies have really flared up and there are a lot of things I cant eat. Milk products for one, I get
a big rash (not a pretty sight) and anything with preservatives or chemicals. So that means all the weight watcher foods are out for me and any of the
snacky things. Now, you would think that this would mean automatic weight loss, but somehow I have managed to gain weight doing this. I can eat a small
amount of cheese, or soy cheese without a reaction.

I just had a big B-day (which still makes me really cranky to think about) and my 30th wedding anniversary is coming up July 2010. DH and I want to do
something fabulous and I dont want to feel fat doing it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, luv, and congrats on 30 years! How wonderful.

I was down this week. 1.4, I think. I''m feeling more motivated. I decided that if I can''t keep up my motivation with WW, I''m not going to sign up again in January. I''m paid through then, so I''m going to try, but there''s no use paying for something that I''m not really benefitting from. But I have been making smarter food choices during the day (not snacking on sweets - oatmeal or Greek yogurt for breakfast, non-fat Babybell for a snack, an apple with lunch and grapes in the afternoon), and that''s really helped me. Then I can have the bigger dinner that I love and I don''t get hungry during the day. I have some 2 point granola bars (Kashi TLC Trail Mix bars) in case I really do need something, but I''ve been doing pretty well like this.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Great job on the -1.4lbs this week, princesss! I hope we can continue this thread, as well. I am down 24.4lbs total! I am going to Jamaica the week after Thanksgiving, so I would like to be down at least 30lbs by then... I am working hard to make that happen. And my goal is to be down by at least 40lbs by December 19th, which is when I am going to a Christmas semi-formal... I want to pick out something cute to wear! I have not yet decided what my ultimate goal will be, still picking smaller ones along the way.

Here''s to doing well in the upcoming holiday season!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 3:48:36 PM
Great job on the -1.4lbs this week, princesss! I hope we can continue this thread, as well. I am down 24.4lbs total! I am going to Jamaica the week after Thanksgiving, so I would like to be down at least 30lbs by then... I am working hard to make that happen. And my goal is to be down by at least 40lbs by December 19th, which is when I am going to a Christmas semi-formal... I want to pick out something cute to wear! I have not yet decided what my ultimate goal will be, still picking smaller ones along the way.

Here''s to doing well in the upcoming holiday season!!!
Oh yay!!!! Sounds like your trip and the semi formal is good motivation Kiett!!! Congrats on 25 lbs!!!!!

Princesss, congrats on being down 1.4 lbs!!!!

My motivation is fitting into my clothes; I gave lots away to the Goodwill so I don''t want to have to buy new clothes. Plus I do not feel good when I overeat.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I've realized I do SO much better losing weight when it's cold! I hate eating cold snacks when it's cold outside, and I love warm, healthy food. Odd. So I'm feeling positive again. I had a big dinner with my dad the other night (filet mignon and potatoes - YUM!) and that ate its way through my weekly points pretty well. MAN it was worth it, though! I'm having a slice of pizza for lunch today, and I have to save some points for cupcake decorating with Tacori on Saturday. Plus I have to allow a few points for snacking on candy tomorrow. Maybe I should just give out candy I hate. Hmmm....that could work.

Anyways, I don't know what happened, but it's like a switch turned on. Let's see if it stays on. If I could lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving, I'd be 10 pounds away from goal, hit my 10%, AND feel healthier.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 11:46:03 AM
I've realized I do SO much better losing weight when it's cold! I hate eating cold snacks when it's cold outside, and I love warm, healthy food. Odd. So I'm feeling positive again. I had a big dinner with my dad the other night (filet mignon and potatoes - YUM!) and that ate its way through my weekly points pretty well. MAN it was worth it, though! I'm having a slice of pizza for lunch today, and I have to save some points for cupcake decorating with Tacori on Saturday. Plus I have to allow a few points for snacking on candy tomorrow. Maybe I should just give out candy I hate. Hmmm....that could work.

Anyways, I don't know what happened, but it's like a switch turned on. Let's see if it stays on. If I could lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving, I'd be 10 pounds away from goal, hit my 10%, AND feel healthier.
Princesss, yay, good for you!!!
9.gif
Yay for using your extra points; I do that too when there is something I like and really want! I am proud today that I met hubby for lunch at Costco and ate 1/2 my slice of pizza and threw the other half. hehe Woohooo for the light switch turning on. There are a lot of great soup recipes out there that are great for this cold weather! Hey, I put some WW recipes up top too in that recipe thread if anyone is interested.

I like to put my 25 lb magnet (even though I lost more) on the fridge to remind me that I don't want to undo my hard work. Yay for decorating cupcakes w/Tacori, fun fun!!!!

Anyone else put motivating notes on your fridge to keep you in check?? I also notice for me if I don't buy any things I know that open the flood gates to eating bad then it stays out of sight out of mind.

What is everyone else going to do for the holidays to keep you motivated?? Just curious; I love to hear what others do because it helps keep me motivated. A while ago a leader said that she decided what she really wanted to do over the holidays (allow herself to gain a couple lbs, lose or just maintain). She chose just maintain and she stuck to it so she wouldn't have this internal fight with herself over what to do. I liked that and that really helped me on what to do last year.

Happy Halloween fellow Weight Watchers!! I am saving a few points for a few pieces of candy. hehe

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I have a magnet with this quotation on my fridge:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson"

I got it at Barnes and Noble, and while it's not obviously about food, I think it fits.

I can feel myself slipping with the candy around today, so I'm going to clean and stop just sitting around doing nothing and tempting myself. Then I'm going to Trader Joe's for more of those delicious Greek yogurts. Mmmmmm...

ETA: I forgot to add that BF is moving in with his dog, so I'll be helping walk the dog. I took him on a 45 minute walk today, and it felt great. I'm definitely looking forward to doing that more often. Also, BF is a great cook, and loves healthy food. Nothing better than a guy that can cook!
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is the magnet, Skippy.

finisheachday.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 1:09:53 PM
This is the magnet, Skippy.
I like it, very wise!!!!!

How is everyone doing? I did have a butterfingers; I am nervous about Thanksgiving though. My family tends to go nuts for Thanksgiving.
Next weekend I need to go weigh in at Weight Watchers. Everyone have a great week!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Doing well! Weighed in last night and was down 2 lbs! For a toal of 26.4lbs... well on my way of hitting 30lbs before I leave for Jamaica, mon!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY for you, Kiet!

I went up 1lb, which isn't too bad for Halloween. I'm trying to hit my 10% before New Year's. That's 6lbs away. This week I'm focusing on tracking. I think if I focus on tracking for a few weeks, other things will fall into place. I just REALLY want to start next year under 160. (I'm 163 right now). In my dream of dreams, I'd lose 10lbs by 12/10, but I'm trying to set a really workable goal so that anything above that is just the icing on the cake.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooohooo Kiett!!! Yay you can totally do it by the time you leave for Jamaica mon!
9.gif

Princesss, that is a great way to set your goal! Aw 1 lb is no biggie; w/you tracking you will lose that and more in no time!!!

Nothing to exciting here; I am on some medication that is suppose to cause weight gain so I am going to try and be aware of wanting to eat for no reason. I might see if I can switch meds after this dose.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m nervous. I weigh in today. My scale at home says I dropped .2, which isn''t bad, but is not what I''m hoping for. I''m getting started on WW online, and I''m liking that. I tried tracking, but I''m worried I may have not calculated my weekly points correctly. Mostly, I''m a worrywart right now.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, apparently I didn''t have to worry. Down 1.4! Apparently my scale at home is crazy.

It''s funny, but tracking was what made the difference. I just tracked and tracked and it made me more aware of the choices I was making, and by being more aware I made better choices. And man, it paid off! I''m feeling really energized for this week. I''m going to a wine and cheese party on Thursday and going out with my girls on Friday, so I''ve got to save my weekly points for those splurges. I can''t wait!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 1:02:41 PM
Well, apparently I didn''t have to worry. Down 1.4! Apparently my scale at home is crazy.

It''s funny, but tracking was what made the difference. I just tracked and tracked and it made me more aware of the choices I was making, and by being more aware I made better choices. And man, it paid off! I''m feeling really energized for this week. I''m going to a wine and cheese party on Thursday and going out with my girls on Friday, so I''ve got to save my weekly points for those splurges. I can''t wait!
Wooohooo, that is fabulous news!!! You look great Princesss btw! Tracking does make a difference I think we forget what we eat when we don''t, or at least for me I forget (I had 2 apples or that one bite of cheese, etc).

Yay congrats and yay for feeling energized; you should you did great!!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results