shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

LV, hi momma! I am not an expert. i wish!!! hehee I haven't done the new plan yet. I have done the online thing since it came with my membership. If, I knew the points I would save to my favorites things I would eat often and give them a points value. If you rather look it up then you can but I found that sometimes it would take a long time and making it a favorite was quicker for me. Or you can write it down in a notepad if that is easier?? I use to hand write stuff too. What ever gets you counting points or tracking the quickest since I know you are busy w/a little one. Hopefully the online stuff hasn't changed too much and I am not making up stuff. lol :cheeky:

Yay for tracking today! I will too! woot!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, sorry I misunderstood your question. I do find out the exact points since breads can vary in fiber and calories. I use to input calories, fiber and fat and then get the points and make it my favorite (manual input and save). I am boring and would eat the same bread so I saved it as a favorite since I knew I would use it over and over again. You are right, one day at a time. that is my motto for weight loss and may other things. :)

IMPer, yay for 6 lbs!!! that is so awesome!!!!! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is everyones favorite low cal snacks? thanks! just looking for some ideas :wavey:

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1313192742|2989713 said:
IG I think you should eat all your points. The daily allowance when changed to calories is actually not much. Think about it -- you have a whole day or two worth of flex points at your disposal, and you are supposed to eat *all those too* and still lose weight. If you cut too low, you risk your metabolism slowing and you don't want that!

Stepcut you know, a little chubby is ok too :)) When I saw a nutritionist and lost weight in my early 20s, her way of estimating a healthy weight for me was to either look at the lowest healthy body weight I had successfully maintainted as an adult for 2 years, OR look at my healthy weight from highschool and add 20 lbs. For me, those ended up being the same weight, which is about 20lbs more that WW says I should be but it a weight I can maintain and feel good at.

This week is great so far! I am breastfeeding which earned me 8 extra points per day :o and since I weight so much I feel positively gluttonous. Hee hee. DH is on plan too so it makes it easier. Honestly, we just don't eat out when on WW, which saves money and is healthier too, so it is not too bad.

I am saving all my flex points for pizza on the weekend.

IG-I think you should eat all or at least most of your points including all your weeklies. I'm not sure if I've stated this recently but when I was doing really well and was being a weight loss machine I was eating each and every daily and weekly points. When I started pulling back on how many I was eating to try to boost weight loss even more I hit a road block and have struggled to get back to it ever since. It starts to become a mental game where even if you know you need to eat them you worry it will halt the loss and pull back, at least that was how it was for me.

Dreamer-I'm pretty well with you that I could be happy at decently heavier than WW says I should be. I don't really have a weight or size goal but just more of a how I feel goal.

Congrats to both of you on your weigh ins!

Skippy-Welcome back! How are the boys doing?

LV-I look up the foods if I'm not familiar. I've been doing WW since January and like most tend to eat the same things most of the time so I know what the point value is of anything I eat on a regular basis in addition to the portion size. If I eat out I try to find the nutrition info online and then input it into the system using the calculator and then save it so if I eat it again it's saved. If it's a new food or a rare food and I don;t know the value off hand I do look it up.

My typical day is coffee with 3 tablespoons of flavored creamer=3 points, Chobani greek yogurt=2-4 points depending on flavor, a frozen lunch entree usually from WW or Lean Cusine points vary but generally=6-10, dinner is almost always a lean meat (variable) cous cous=5 points per cut (I usually have a half cup) and a veggie with spray butter=0.

I have snacks through out the day and really lately like the snackwells 100 calorie packs, they are mostly 3 points whereas most other 100 calorie brands are 4 points and seem to have more and be more filling to me. I really do not eat fruit anymore and I need to change that.

Often after dinner I have a WW strawberry frozen yogurt pop and they are my current addiction. They are 2 points per bar and I could take out the box in a sitting so I have to really watch it.

Oh...and yes I do have a digital scale. I got an eatsmart brand one a few months ago and find it to be very reliable. I had trouble with my old one giving me various weights.

I also wanted to say that my sister is on a low dose SSRI. She does not have a weight problem and is an avid runner in addition to watching what she eats but she did gain about 5 lbs after going on Lexapro.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, this Sunday I am joining WW with a friend (she and I use to both work for the same Accounting Firm). Anyway, I will have free etools so I know what you all are talking about. :bigsmile: Hopefully it hasn't changed too much. I hear fat and carbs are higher in points.
Happy Friday!!! Catch you after Sunday and I will let you know what I think :bigsmile:

SC, I love the WW desserts! I love the fudge bars, they use to be 1 point, not sure now. The boys are great; yesterday they turned 4 mos :bigsmile: You are a sweetie to ask, thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I joined WW!

LV, forget everything I said. You can't use a tracker like I use to so yes look up points online. There is an app out there that you can scan bar codes to get points by taking pics with your camera! Wow I can't believe how much more complicated it has become.

Yay for free fruit and veggies. I bought tons of lean meats, veggies and fruit!

Hope everyone has a great healthy week :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
WEIGH IN DAY!!

For me anyways! haha

I am down another 3 lbs for a total of 6lbs in two weeks. Hope it keeps up!

LV I use favourites to enter the things I eat on a daily basis and just use that. If you spend a little time on the favourites entering all your usual foods then it becomes simple to just click click click on the foods. I am NOT obsessive about it, it needs to be doable. I did the plan for 6 months pre-pregnancy and lost 20lbs, so perhaps my lack of discipline slowed the loss, but it worked for me and our family. So bread is one point -- but we only eat certain types ya know?? So there could be a weensy bit of variation but not much.

On plan I basically don't eat out at all unless it is something I can easily work out the points for. It makes it simpler. Boring, but simpler, and it is healthier since all eating out is too many points, and you save money too!

A really good tip I got from my nutritionist was to regularize one meal per day, usually breakfast -- so you *always* eat the same brekkie. I think it also helps to have 4-5 lunches that are your go-to, and then a bunch of dinners too. Again, not all that exciting, but you can save your flex points for more interesting meals!

Telling you my daily meals won;t likely help much. Between weighing so much and breastfeeding, I get a postivitely scandalous 49 (was 50!) points per day! :o I eat all of them and it feels pretty good.

I am vegetarian and I do eat protein with every meal. My stapled are milk/cheese, beans, and tofu. We only eat whole grains, and brown bread and pasta and brown rice all have protein too. Breakfast is always 1.5 cups of shredded wheat with 3/4 cup 1% milk and then as much strawberries as fit in the bowl! For lunches, I admit right now with a newborn my diet is whatever is fastest: Can of lentil soup with grilled cheese; quesedilla (cheese and beans) and salad; subway sandwich with baked lays; or if really in a rush, a plate of fruit nuts and cheese. Snacks are fruits and nuts or half a peanut butter sandwich, but I find I don't snack all that much. Dinners are whatever DH makes right now since I am usually breastfeeding at that time. We are bad and made life easier by usually feeding our son dinner on his own and then we eat when he is in bed. Maybe 2 nights a week we manage to eat as a family. We will have things like: whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce that has tofu in in (crumble with a fork and saute with onion and soy sauce and spices, add a jar of sauce, voila!) and salad; veggie burgers and veggies; thin crust pizza from dominoes (22 points in a small, nice flex point treat!).

I have treats every day. Creamsicles are only 2 points and I will have a couple per day.

I usually save all my flex for the weekend and then eat things I like, such as pizza, on the weekend.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I love that fruit and veggies are free! I never track them, just eat as much as I can, so much easier.

Meant to add that if I am out I either jot down what I eat or just remember, I work in front of the computer, and now with the newborn when he naps I am on PS :cheeky: so I just write it down.

But I find when I am on track I just eat so much less frequently and so much less that it is not much to track and remember!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Dreamer! 3lbs is amazing!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, So you're going to the meetings now? Good for you! You asked about healthy snacks. Well, this isn't really what I'd consider healthy, but it is GOOD! Have you ever tried "No Pudge" Brownies? They sell them at Trader Joe's, and they also have them in the regular grocery store here. Years ago, there was a woman in my then office who was a big WW fan. She used to make those brownies every week, and have one a night, warmed with vanilla frozen yogurt. The whole thing was 4 pts under the old system. Not sure what it is now. What a treat! Oh, and you can microwave the brownies!! That was how I used to make them, and it worked out really well because it was automatic portion control!!

StepCutGirl, Thanks for sharing what you eat. Sounds like you have it down to a very manageable system. Thanks for commenting on the Lexapro too. That's actually what I take, too. I asked my dr about it, and he continues to say that among the SSRIs, Lexapro is weight-neutral. Who knows though? Hope you're doing well this week!

Dreamer, Congrats on being 3 lbs lighter! That's awesome! Thanks for all of the tips on how to make the data entry of WW easier. I think we may be a bit odd in that we buy so many different kinds of bread. Haha. Seriously. It's crazy. I've never added tofu to pasta sauce, but am going to try it next time we have pasta. I often use fake meat crumbles (morningstar farms is my favorite), but sometimes just sauce, which I think leaves me wanting more. Well, hope you're having another successful week.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Weigh in day for me and it was not good, but expected. Up 1.8lbs. I joined the gym 2 weeks ago, went 5 days the first week and once this past week. I've been sick and not tracking and eating whatever I wanted. I'm still sick but going to try harder to track this week and get back to the gym when I'm feeling better.

Hope everyone else has a good week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MY FIRST Week I lost 4.2 lbs :D :D :appl:
I am loving free fruit and veggies!!! Oh there are these lentils with beans at Costco (no preservatives in them, woot) for about 8 pts! Trader Joes has a low fat cheese stick for 1 pt and the cheddar is 2 pts. Just letting you know if you need a snack option (not the lentils but the cheese). I also eat 1 cup of Irish Oats for breakfast for 7 pts. I am loving the new system!!! woot!

SC, you will lose; keep up the great work. You lost a good amount so far!!!

DD, yay for 3 lbs, that is awesome!

LV, those brownies are 3 pts. I looked them up; I made them once and they were pretty good, thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutgirl|1314366067|3000145 said:
Weigh in day for me and it was not good, but expected. Up 1.8lbs. I joined the gym 2 weeks ago, went 5 days the first week and once this past week. I've been sick and not tracking and eating whatever I wanted. I'm still sick but going to try harder to track this week and get back to the gym when I'm feeling better.

Hope everyone else has a good week!

One day at a time! And commit my friend! You can do it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed posting weigh in last week: About 0.5lb loss! This week is looking like it might be a 2 loss so I'm ok with the half last week.

Wow Skippy! That is great! I also like the new system.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,
I've been off of PS for a long time, reading posts here and there. One thing I loved about PS was the support system so I thought I'd get back in here. I've been thinking about joining WW. I used JC awhile back, lost quite a bit and over the last few years, have gained some of it back. It's been frustrating and going through some stressful times, I've gained some. I'm having a hard time getting back on track so I've thought about trying WW. But I wonder what it provides as I know how to eat healthy, know that I need to exercise, just not doing it consistently.
Have you found that WW helps with staying consistent? If I join, I'd just use the online system. I know I can follow the points system without joining, another reason I'm not sure I should join. Of course, I haven't researched the system yet, but as everything is online, I imagine this is too!

Also, noticed no posts since early Sept. so wondering if this thread is still happening. I would love to be part of a support system, as I know it helps to stay consistent.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dixie94|1317621975|3031835 said:
Hi ladies,
I've been off of PS for a long time, reading posts here and there. One thing I loved about PS was the support system so I thought I'd get back in here. I've been thinking about joining WW. I used JC awhile back, lost quite a bit and over the last few years, have gained some of it back. It's been frustrating and going through some stressful times, I've gained some. I'm having a hard time getting back on track so I've thought about trying WW. But I wonder what it provides as I know how to eat healthy, know that I need to exercise, just not doing it consistently.
Have you found that WW helps with staying consistent? If I join, I'd just use the online system. I know I can follow the points system without joining, another reason I'm not sure I should join. Of course, I haven't researched the system yet, but as everything is online, I imagine this is too!

Also, noticed no posts since early Sept. so wondering if this thread is still happening. I would love to be part of a support system, as I know it helps to stay consistent.

Hi, I am loving WW. I actually have 5 mo old twins so it is sort of hard for me as I don't know when I will eat and sometimes I eat due to stress (a recent death in the family and some other things going on). I think when the babies are older it might get easier to plan for meals. I do love the online program. At the meeting Sunday they showed us how WW is now a app on your phone. It is very cool some of the features it has. You don't use a paper points finder so it is sort of hard figuring out points now but I do love that fruit and veggies are free. If I need a snack I don't really need to think about points and just eat a banana or a peach. I notice that higher lean proteins, less carbs/fat are lower in points.

I guess this thread is kind of slow? I still have about 8 lbs to lose; I have been super busy with the babies so I don't check in as often. I will be on the look out for you dixie!! :bigsmile: Let us know what you think and if you like the program!!! Also, in the Healthy thread that Marcy does a member named Deegee is also a WW. I have been a weight watcher for about 8 years now and I love the program; I was lifetime too and kept the weight off for 2 years. I rejoined before that time because my company use to fly me all over the US and it was hard eating out all the time but I have found WW to be the best source for losing weight and eating healthy! Good to see you Dixie and hope to see you here!

eta: thanks Dreamer! great job on the loss to you!!!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
I hope it's okay for me to bump this thread up...

I've just completed my first week of WW Online, after having previously attempted to go to meetings, but never being able to commit. I was hoping to lose 1kg this week (about 2.2 pounds), since I've been tracking everything I eat, cut out sugar and exercising every day. Imagine my surprise when I jumped on the scales to find myself 2.9kg (6.4 pounds) lighter! I know a lot of that is probably water weight, but still, it's good motivation to keep going.

I'm picking up my engagement ring from New Zealand in late February next year, so I want to be looking my best for the event. Hopefully WW will help me get to that goal.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Can I play? I signed up for WW online today in preparation for 2012. I lost about 40 pounds on it 5ish years ago....but they've all crept back and none of my clothes fit :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results