shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

Woot! Congratulations! I ate out 3 times last week. I am going to eat out twice this week and eat very healthful the rest of the week and see what my results are next Friday. We are going to Long Horn tonight so it will be a filet, salad with ranch and loaded baked potato for me tonight! Yum!

Where do you live? I think we've been through this before but I can't remember! I'm in South East Florida. :wavey:

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to congratulate you on your loss! YAY!!! You are so close to your personal goal.

I am in Northern California. I relocated here about 1.5 years ago from Chicago.
(I still consider myself a mid-westerner!) Hmm, too long of a commute for fries!!
Yum for tonight - sounds great! We don't have plans for this weekend, so maybe
I can just concentrate on eating all my points. I actually have trouble eating all
my daily allowance points many days, but I have been making an effort to use all
of them. Maybe I am eating too healthy!!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Maybe you need to start planning heartier meals! I get 31 points a day and I generally have no issue eating them all. Heck, on weeks I eat out 3 times I usually go through all my daily AND all my weekly! I'm capping my eating out to twice this week. Once was tonight and once will be Sunday with the in laws for their wedding anniversary. Hopefully I can nail down the trick to the weeks I was losing 2lbs!

California huh? I'm not sure we could get further apart! At least in the states.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I also have trouble eating to my daily allowance. I'm not saying it wouldn't be easy to go way over if I was eating anything I wanted. But I'm careful with my points, and then sometimes I find at the end of the day that I have a couple left. Unfortunately, I've had the stomach flu or something the last few days. I'm down about 8 pounds since Thursday...hoping I can start to keep something down again today.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
merilenda, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ha ha - just when I post I can't (don't) eat all my points (which is true, most days) I have eaten more than my daily points for the last 2 days! We had wine Friday night and ate dinner out last night, but I'm still well within my weekly allowance. I'm hoping I can find the 'missing hidden link' to losing weight - maybe by eating a little more it will jolt my body into losing. When I was really good and only ate my daily points I didn't lose, however last week when I went over my daily/weekly points I lost...

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mer-I hope you feel better!

Ok, I'm almost a little ashamed to admit this, but for the sake of the science experiment that is WW, I will tell and we shall see how it plays out for weigh in this week. We ate out Friday and I used a lot of points, we went to the movies and then out for ice cream Saturday and we had lunch out with the in laws today. I have a whopping 2 weekly points left. 2. Which means I'll be only eating daily points for the remainder of my week-4 more days. Here's to hoping I have any progress this week!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I am feeling a little better, although I still don't have an appetite at all. I had to force myself to eat a couple of small meals yesterday. I haven't been able to stomach the idea of breakfast this morning, so I may bring a banana to the office and try to get it down before lunch.

So with that said, I haven't come close to my daily allowance for almost 5 days now. I'm just trying to stay hydrated and then eat as much as I can. I was going to try to use up some weekly allowance points by eating out on Friday, too! Oh well. I'm now down 10 pounds. WW weight tracker told me I was losing weight too fast. I wanted to tell it that I'm not trying to! I hope I start to feel hungry again today (I'm usually not very hungry in the mornings, so maybe my appetite will return some by lunchtime). And that I can resume with the normal point allowances!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mer and Aryana-if you don't mind me asking, how many points a day do you get? I get 31 and I have no trouble eating my way through them most days.

Mer-Hope you are continuing to feel better and are getting your appetite back! WW told me I was losing too fast in the beginning too. I only wish that was the problem now! But it really helped me to get on board when I lost a significant amount of weight quickly.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Merilenda, I'm glad you are feeling better!

Stepcut, I get 29 points. I usually have coffee w/cream (ff 1/2 & 1/2) and oatmeal w/fruit for a 5 point breakfast. Lunch often is salady, but I have been trying to add protein. I use Galeo's salad dressing (2 pts for 4 TBSP), so lunch is about 5-6 points. My snacks are usually string cheese, ff popcorn, fruit. (I was on a PB & apple kick for a bit (which is strange because I don't really like PB all that well!) It was called Better n' Peanut Butter and 1 pt/TBSP.) So I have usually used about 13-15 points before dinner. For dinner it is usually a protein (chicken, seafood, pork) and 2 vegetables (I really like veggies). Sometime there will be a potato. Even with all of this food I usually have points left. I have started to eat dessert (pudding, cheesecake w/ff Greek yogurt) to use up points, but that doesn't even take them all up sometimes. We do have some things that use a lot of points, like risotto, rice, etc. and those days it is very easy to use all my points (and then some). It is much harder to stay within my daily points if I eat out or we are away. It is not like I am a delicate eater - I can eat with the best of them! I know I am supposed to transfer more of my points earlier in the day and I have been trying to do that, but I'm just not that hungry earlier in the day. But this week I have been determined to eat my daily points - it is hard to hit that 29 exactly and I have gone a few points over on a few days.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck tonight Aryana!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the good wishes, Stepcut!

I am happy to report actual progress! I lost 1.4 lbs - could my missing key be eating all my daily points? Oh, how I hope that cracks the code of the weight-that-won't-budge. I'm hoping this is not an anomaly!

Good luck with your weigh-in!!!!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for your loss this week! That is excellent news! I lost .8 this week so not as much as I'd hoped but better than gaining or staying the same. So hopefully, next week I will FINALLY hit my mini goal! If I don't I may cry!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry you didn't hit your goal - you are SO VERY close! But, .8 is great. Hopefully you will blow past your goal and be well below it for next week. YAY for us both having a good week!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I've actually decided to totally overhaul my eating this week and even if I don't lose to keep it up for 2 weeks to see if I lose. I kept saying I was going to only eat out twice a week but when I reflected on my week....I ate out 5 times! 5 times! I wasn't counting meeting my husband for lunch! I was only counting dinners out! D'oh!

So this week I am committed to only 2 times of eating out, period weather they be lunch or dinner only 2. I'm also going to be extra vigilant with weighing and measuring. I lost weight so easily in the beginning that I realized I have really slacked off and was blowing all my daily and weekly points out the window. So, lose or not I am going to stick to it for at least 2 weeks and see where I am.

I started looking back over my weeks and realized for the past month I've not lost even 1lb per week! I was racking my brain trying to think of why and realized I was losing so easily that I became totally careless with the plan and was eating what I wanted even once all my points were gone! I'm lucky I was losing even fractions of a pound!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aryana, yay for your weight loss!!!! Awesome!! :D

Stepcut, our leader says that happens often and I would eye ball a cup etc and realized I was using more when I got out the measuring spoons, cups, etc. I bet you lose soon!!! You are doing awesome!!! :bigsmile: Yay for being close to your mini goal!

I am excited to find out about the new plan come 6 or so months!!!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Skippy!

I am a nutty-weigh-everything person. When I make a large quantity of something (like soup, chili, etc.) I even measure my poor fiance's food so I know how many portions were made. He now eats in 1/2 cup increments only (and he's not on WW)!! He's a trooper!
Anyway, I bought the new WW scale. It's a little pricy, considering I already had the old WW scale from a few months ago, but I use it constantly. Originally I wasn't going to get the WW one, but I'm so glad I did. The fact that tons of food points are stored in the scale is immensely convenient to me, since you type in the type of food, put your food on the scale and boom, you have your points! This allows me to feel more in control of my points, since I can remove some food to save points or add food until I hit the next point. (Ha ha, I want my entire point's worth of food!!!!) I am horrible with eyeballing things, so I know that isn't really much of an option for me.

Eating out is a killer for me. I really need to get better at it. I often suggest just going home to eat so that I don't have to figure out how many points are involved. As I mentioned, I am horrible at eyeballing food, so I usually just end up throwing my hands in the air, picking the best thing I can (sometimes), and then, since I have no idea on points, I don't journal it.

This week has been bad for me. I have been really busy, not eating lunch, eating dinner late and then, due to no lunch, not getting in all my points. I guess we'll see how I do...I'm hoping that the running around will help offset not eating all my points. Ugh.

Good luck this week!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy!

Aryana-do you have to purchase the new scale at a WW meeting or can you get it online? I do the program online and I can't find it anywhere on the site but I'd really like to get one. There are a few meeting around here but I'm not sure I can just walk in and order one if I'm not a meeting member. Do you know about how much they are? I'd like to get one as I use a cheap-o I bought early on at the grocery store and it's not digital and half the time it's not super accurate.

I got my husband to join yesterday with the online program and I'm amazed at how many points he gets1 56 a day and 48 extras a week and he's got significantly less to lose than me! :o

Good luck on weigh in tonight!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I lost, not much, but at least a loss! I'm down .8 It was rather weird, as I weighed myself several times yesterday and then right before the meeting my weight went up. Gah, I hate the fluctuations! But the first part of the week was a little wild and I didn't get in a lot of my points, so I'm happy to have a loss.

The scale is $35-$40. (I think it was $40, but I can't remember exactly.) When I bought the scale I also bought a Member Kit, which had a $5 off coupon for the scale. If you find it somewhere online, just make sure it is the new PointsPlus scale and not the old one. (The new one is silver with a clear glass platform and the old one was a black platform.) I 'think' that anyone (member or not) can go into a WW location and buy anything they have. Perhaps they have extras of the coupon if you mention it. I do use my scale alot, so for me the expense was worth it.

That is great that your husband has joined. That seems like it would make it a little easier, since now you'll both be on the same path regarding eating. It stinks that the men get so much more food!! My fiance doesn't need to lose weight but he has been so supportive, which has made it easier on me. But to have a hubby-buddy would be helpful! This thread is my buddy system! Since everyone on this thread is going through similar things we inspire and encourage each other, which has been really helpful to me!

I hope your weigh-in was good =)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My weigh in was a gain. A stinkin' .2 gain! Oh well. I figure at least it wasn't major. I dunno, I'm losing motivation and I've not really seen much if any progress in the past month. I'll go get the scale this week, that seems like it would be worth it seeing as how the one I'm using is pretty crappy. I need to find my motivation again, I'm so close to a personal goal and yet lately I've got the screw it's.

Yay for your loss this week! That's still great even if it's not huge.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'd just like to add that the scale is a real jerk today (Saturday). One morning past my weigh in and it says 3 lbs less than yesterday! Grr! It better stay saying as such till next Friday!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Stepcut, sorry about the gain on weigh-in day. My weight was less before weigh-in time, too - it stinks! But, hopefully the 3 pounds is the right weight!!! Fingers crossed for you.

I know how hard it is to keep motivated when not losing, especially when I'm trying to be good. I just want to lose my remaining weight for the last time in my life. That is the only thing that is keeping me going. I've been doing WW for a long time and I'm too close to give up now! I know if I stop I won't lose the rest and it is something I really want. Try to hang in there!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm gonna go get the scale and some hand weights tomorrow. I have a sinus infection...again...and I've been told my days of being outside are over for now. I live in pollen central and am on my 5th round of antibiotics in 6 weeks! So since I can't go do my morning walks anymore I've decided to jump on my mini trampoline and work out with some weights. Hopefully the weights will work. I hate my arms and would love to tone them up! It's so hot here and I've finally started wearing shorts but I can't bare to wear tank tops because of my arms even though I'd love to because it is so hot!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with weigh in tonight!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm officially talking to myself now! :cheeky: Down 2.4lbs for me! That makes me very happy and I hope this breaks the sub 1lb losses I've had for a month and continues! Hope yours went well!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Stepcut - I'm still here! This has been a crazy week.

Your loss is great!!!! 2.4 is HUGE! YAY for hitting your mini goal. You lost a lot fast, so maybe your body was a
little in shock and not letting you lose for a bit. Hopefully you are back to losing.

I lost 1 pound yesterday. So, I'm slowly chipping away. I was a little worried, since the week has been crazy and
I haven't been eating like I should. Some days I didn't have enough points and another day I ate fried onion strings.
I just very happy to have a loss!!!

Did you purchase the scale? I looked at my meeting last night and it is $39.95.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for your 1lb! That's great! I figured you were around but I was replied to myself like 3 times! Ha ha!

I was going to buy the scale but then my husband needed new walking shoes so I decided to wait till next week. Money is pretty tight since I got laid off. I'll be sooooo happy to go back to work in May! A house wife, I am not!

Wanna hear something crazy? My husband joined and he started on a Tuesday or Wednesday and selected Sunday as his weight in day. The first week (keep in mind less than a full week) he lost 7lbs! This week he has lost 3 already and still has 2 days until weigh in! I am so jealous!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Stepcut I hear you on the not working. I haven't found a job since I have been in CA - eek! I am not a good house 'wife' either, but I have enjoyed the mental break. I have had several interviews this week, so I am waiting to see the results. Too bad we don't live closer - we could have had lunch!

While the weight loss is good for your hubby, it stinks for us girls! My leader was telling us a story about when her husband joined WW. She was tracking for him and the first week he lost 7 pounds and she lost .6. The second week he lost an additional 4 pounds and she stayed the same. She said she got home, threw the tracker at him and told him to track his own!! And, the next week he didn't lose very much! So I think your frustration is normal - happy for him, unhappy for yourself!!

Have a great weekend!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just re read my above post and I really could have used a grammar and selling check before I hit submit! D'oh!

Good luck on the job interviews this week! My office shut down semi out of the blue on a Friday. Like we got to work and were told the business was closed, goodbye, have a nice day. We all knew the end was near, but we didn't know it was that near and we thought they would have given us some kind of warning. It was really crappy. Sadly, since no other jobs have come available I'll be going to back to work for the same guy...and hour and a half south of me!

The last office he had (my previous office) was about 45 minutes north of me and I really didn't mind that drive but this new office he is opening is way south of me and I really don't want to drive that far or go work for the same guy, but I probably will. I just can't stand not working and having my own cash flow. Hubby is good to me money wise and doesn't give me any grief over money or not working but it's not good on my own mind set to not work. I'm really not happy and I don't feel good not working. So I'm really hoping something closer to home will come along but so far...nada. What kind of work do you do? I really am hoping for you to get a job!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I'm sorry that happened. That stinks. My situation isn't dramatically different. I'm a technical business analyst and worked for a technology consulting company in Chicago. I was an employee of the company and was paid whether I was on an assignment or not. So, 2.5 weeks after my assignment completed they came in and laid off everyone that was not on an active assignment. I figured it would happen, but wasn't expecting it that soon. My fiance was in the Bay Area, so we had been trying to figure out how to be together. I was very lucky that I received a severance package and was able to sell my house quickly. But since I have been here I haven't worked - it has been hard because I don't have any contacts here. But I have truly tried to enjoy it, since I know that I will be working again one day and really miss the freedom! I do get a little bored, especially since I don't have friends here yet.

The interviews last week went well and I have an unofficial offer. So just waiting for them to finalize everything on their end and complete my background check. So, hopefully all will go good. (I know the background check will be fine, but I don't want to count
my chickens before they're hatched.) Here's the good/bad - none of my old work clothes fit! I need to buy an entire new wardrobe,
but since I would still like to lose more weight, I don't want to go too crazy. I understand completely about your commute - mine will be about 1.5 hours each way, too. I'm so not looking forward to adding 3 hours to my day. My little brain might just explode! I'm a little worried about the continued weight loss - I know part of the reason I have been successful is because I was at home and could make smart food decisions. That will be much harder for me once I'm not at home and hunger strikes and Oreos and Nutter Butters are staring at me from the vending machine!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, how funny is it that I said a needed a SPELLING check and spelled that wrong?! Good grief!

I'm glad you got an official offer and the official one will be coming soon! It might sound weird but it makes me feel better that you will be making a similar commute to mine! I say that because every single person I have told about my commute pretty much tells me I'm an idiot and that I should just wait till something closer comes. Hubby doesn't say that, he knows I need to work to be mentally sane, but everyone acts like I've finally flown the coop!

I completely get what you mean about not making good food choices as easily at work. I started WW after I got laid off and I agree, it's much easier at home when people aren't bringing crap in all the time and so on. I've thought that part out and think when the time comes I will take smart snacks with me and maybe stop by a grocery store down where I will be working once a week to get some frozen stuff to keep in the freezer there.

Good luck this week! The scales so far have been nice to me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results