shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Hola peoples! I just rejoined WW (the new plan sucked me in) and thought I'd stop by to say hello.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gecko! welcome! i've been so bad about posting - i'm sort of maintaining right now :nono: but i'm not gaining, so that's good. I just figured out the old system, and now it's all different! anyone care to enlighten me as to how the new plan works? ie...you get more points? my sister said it's like the old CORE system, but i never learned that so i feel a little behind.

any help????

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
They changed the formula for Points. A lot of things are now more points, but you also get a larget daily target, and 49 weekly points. Fruit is FREE. So are veggies (except for corn, potatoes, avocado etc.).

I adore it.

Edited. I forgot I'm not allowed to link to other forums. Whoops!

ETAA: There are other changes as well. Do you do meetings or online?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
online only - it's been working, but sometimes i fall off the wagon :tongue: I do like that i now know what is not so good for you that i didn't realize before. how do i find out what the new way to do it is?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I thought I was going to be alone in here, so I'm glad to see others! Welcome Gecko!

I went to my meeting last night and got the new materials but I haven't had a chance to look at them too much. I'll let you know
what I find out. I am quite excited about the 0 point fruit & veggies, though! My leader lost 9 pounds in 9 weeks using the new
program and the weigh-in person lost 5 pounds in 8 weeks. Sounds good to me! Now you need to incorporate carbohydrates into the mix when you are calculating points. You will also need to refigure your daily point allowance because the number has increased - I get an extra 10 points per day and they increased the weekly allowance from 35 to 49. I think that will be the biggest adjustment for me - getting used to using more points.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aryana|1291424162|2786830 said:
I thought I was going to be alone in here, so I'm glad to see others! Welcome Gecko!

I went to my meeting last night and got the new materials but I haven't had a chance to look at them too much. I'll let you know
what I find out. I am quite excited about the 0 point fruit & veggies, though! My leader lost 9 pounds in 9 weeks using the new
program and the weigh-in person lost 5 pounds in 8 weeks. Sounds good to me! Now you need to incorporate carbohydrates into the mix when you are calculating points. You will also need to refigure your daily point allowance because the number has increased - I get an extra 10 points per day and they increased the weekly allowance from 35 to 49. I think that will be the biggest adjustment for me - getting used to using more points.

oh good aryana! i am glad to hear you are going to the meetings, because i'm only online and i am REALLY confused. i just figured out the points from the old system (i'm sort of new - august of this year). I only just got it down, and they changed it!

p.s. what were the fruit and veggies before? i thought veggies were pretty much always 0 points and fruits were 1 point? not sure, as i do not eat a lot of fruit, but i want to start. but veggies i do eat a lot of!

Can you help explain to me what has changed? i know now they are asking for carbs, protein, etc. Is it more focused on no carb, or low carb now? My sister said it was shifting toward the south beach/ adkins diet - do you think this is true?

I'd love to hear what you've learned!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1289454752|2761005 said:
Yup TGal, I guess I will be bowing out since I am pregnant!

My pre-pregnancy weight is officially 20lbs less than when I started WW, just half a pound from my 10% goal. I am 14lbs less than my first pre-pregnancy weight. I am hoping to gain only 30lbs this time around, and will be back on the WW train 3mo post-partum!

Good luck everyone!!

Congrats Dreamer!!! see you after the wee one is born :appl:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Violet, if you login online (I'm online too) and then click the Your Plan link in the top left corner, it will give you the run down on the new plan, calculate your new points target etc.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if anyone is still here??? I've been MIA. I have missed 3 of my last WW meetings due to my mom being in town, me being out of town, etc. To make matters worse, I wasn't all that careful with my eating.... I know I have gained a little, maybe 2 pounds?? I won't know for sure until I attend a meeting, since I use their scale as my 'true' weight.

Has anyone been following the new program? I need to read all my material to really understand how it works. I've gotten the gist of the program, but not all the specifics. I don't like that you have to use a plastic calculator to determine the point values - in the past I used a paper slider and it was so easy to see where the points fell. I could determine that I could eat just a little less and save a point! With the calculator I don't have that option. The point values rose for anything that has many carbs since those weren't calculated in the previous plan. Eating things like WW/fat-free ice cream was one of the ways I was able to stay on the plan and I'm a little worried that it is going to be harder for me since I have a sweet tooth and now those things are more points.... What are others opinions on the new plan?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I went to my meeting tonight. I am up only .6 pounds, so I'm pretty happy. I don't think that is too bad for the holiday season and missing the last 3 weeks of meetings and weigh-ins.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I think I'm all alone in here :((.

I went to my meeting and lost 2.4 pounds this week - YAY =)

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
I've never ventured over here before, so happy to see a WW thread!

Way to go Aryana! You're not alone anymore :wavey:

I rejoined WW (again) back in November, I've lost 11.2lbs so far. I'm happy with that since I managed to do it over the holidays. Time to get my butt back in gear!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just started WW yesterday. Happy to see a thread for it here! :wavey:

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I'm glad I'm not alone anymore! Way to go, LauraLoo. That is great progress, especially over the holidays. :appl:

I have been on this journey for a while and finally feel like I am getting closer to my goal. But, I still have a ways to go!
I'm not exactly certain what I want my final weight to be, it will depend upon how I feel and look. I have a 'magic' number
in my head, but I'm not sure if it is realistic and/or sustainable. I guess we'll see!

I go to meetings on Thursdays (usually), so I will post again after that. I missed my meeting last week, but I'm relatively
certain I did NOT have positive news to report! I'm hoping for a loss this week!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My "official" weigh in will be tomorrow but my scale this morning said 4lbs gone! :appl:

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with your weigh-in, Stepcutgirl!

I"m down 1.2 lbs for the past 2 weeks (since I missed last week). I'm happy with that, but for some reason my motivation
just isn't that high. It has been harder for me to stick to the program - I don't know why?? The program changed and I
am not all that interested anymore. Over the holidays I ate more 'bad' food, so I guess I got a little taste of eating things
I hadn't been eating. I didn't miss that food before, but I do now.... I have 12.6 pounds until my goal weight, however
I was going to lower my goal weight by an additional 10 pounds, so I still have a ways to go. I can't stop now! I just need
to get my head back 100% back into the game so that making the right choices isn't so hard.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aryana|1296241776|2835849 said:
Good luck with your weigh-in, Stepcutgirl!

I"m down 1.2 lbs for the past 2 weeks (since I missed last week). I'm happy with that, but for some reason my motivation
just isn't that high. It has been harder for me to stick to the program - I don't know why?? The program changed and I
am not all that interested anymore. Over the holidays I ate more 'bad' food, so I guess I got a little taste of eating things
I hadn't been eating. I didn't miss that food before, but I do now.... I have 12.6 pounds until my goal weight, however
I was going to lower my goal weight by an additional 10 pounds, so I still have a ways to go. I can't stop now! I just need
to get my head back 100% back into the game so that making the right choices isn't so hard.

Official weigh in=4.5lbs gone!

I'm sorry you are having motivational problems. I really struggled after Thanksgiving with wanting bad food all the time. I was completely unable to pass up things. I know the program just changed and alot of people seem unhappy with it. I did what I think was Momentum in 1999 and didn't have much success with it. I tried again about a year ago but I was just not motivated. I have to say free fruits and veggies are really helping me out on Points Plus. I hope you get your motivation back!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your weight loss - that is great! :appl:

Thanks for the pep talk. I wrote out a big, long whine and then erased it. I just hope I can start liking this new system!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
My weight change for last week was 0. At least I didn't gain!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm down 7/10 of a pound this week. Not what I was wanting but certainly better than I thought I would do. I ate within my points last week but ate very poorly. I think we ate out 5 times last week. I ate all of my daily and weekly points. I thought for sure I would gain. So, not as well as week 1 but better than I thought I'd do and puts me at -5.2lbs in 2 weeks. Not bad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone catch Oprah today w/Weight Watchers spokes person Jennifer Hudson? OH MY she looks FABULOUS!!!! It was fun to see all the WW who lost weight! Very inspiring!!! :D

Awesome w/all the weight loss in this thread!!! :appl: yay stepcut and Aryana
I am preggo but after I have the babies I will be sure to find this thread and will be going back to WW's! It is an awesome program!!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy-I did see it yesterday! I really don;t get why WW won;t let her say how much weight she has lost. Odd.

I am really liking the program! Todays weigh in was -2.5lbs for a total loss of -8.4lbs! WW is telling me I've been on the plan for 4 weeks, but I'm counting 3...either way I'm really happy and feeling good!

Good luck with the babies! What are you having?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Stepcut, you are doing great! Congratulations!

AFM, I only lost .6, which after losing 0 last week is disappointing. I might be hitting a plateau - I talked to my leader briefly and plan to work with her as to what I can do to become more inspired.

I wish I had seen Jennifer Hudson on Oprah - she looks AMAZING! My leader told us she used the new program to lose her weight. Hmm, maybe I can find it on hulu.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aryana-I've seen a couple interviews where JH said she started on Momentum and then switched to PointsPlus. I'm pretty sure she lost most of it on Momentum. I'm new to PointsPlus but didn't it just come out late 2010? If so, she had way too much weight to loose to do it all on PP.

Are you close to your goal weight? I have alot to lose, approx 50 more so I'm pretty sure that's why it's dropping somewhat easy for me. My sister in law is also on it, and she is MUCH more strict with it than I am, but she has very little to loose and it's coming along much more slowly for her. Good luck with it!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
My leader said Jennifer was on super-double-secret PointsPlus. They supposedly had a lot of trial groups before they rolled it out to the masses. Perhaps she started on Momentum and changed to PointsPlus sometime before the public rollout? I dunno know!

I am close-ish to my first goal weight (12 pounds). I just picked a number at the high end of my healthy weight range as my goal weight. I figured I would see how I felt/looked and adjust accordingly! I thought I might also get a psychological boost by hitting a goal and then adjusting, rather than seeing such an overwhelming amount to lose from the beginning. So, it certainly isn't like I don't have any weight to lose (I could pick a lot places to choose from!), but I suppose the progress might be slower going now. I had a lot I wanted to lose, so it has certainly been a journey!

edit-correction

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Double secret points plus sounds so devious! LOL.

At least you are close to your goal! You're gonna make it!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Today was my weigh in day and I'm pleased. Down 1.6 lbs for a total of 10.5lbs in 4 weeks! Hooray! :appl:

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
You are doing so great! YAY

Me, not so much. I'm now 12.6 pounds from my goal (yup, up by .6). As I have mentioned, I have been really struggling with this new plan and I told them last week that I was thinking of quitting and trying to go it alone using the old program. I talked to the leader again last night and just happened to mention that I eat the bulk of my points in the evening. She said that was probably a large part of my problem, as she also did that in the beginning and gained weight. Her manager told her she needed to spread the points out throughout the day, so I will now try that. I'm going to try to be super duper good this week and see what happens!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck! You will have to let me know how spreading your points out works. I too eat the bulk of my points at night. I eat a 3 point breakfast and 4-10 point lunch generally with only fruit for snacks so I'm usually left with 20-25 points in the evenings (I get 32 points a day). I eat them all as I was told that eating under your points wasn't enough and that could throw you into starvation mode...but I sometimes wonder if down the road when I don't have so much to lose if eating that way will make it harder to lose.

I can understand your frustration though. If I was having the success I am having now and then they changed it on me and I was no longer being as successful I think I would go with what I know works for me.

Wishing you lots of luck this week! Keep me updated, I think it's just us in here.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I am trying so hard not to complain about it too much. My poor fiance has to listen to me as I truly cry over it (he might be getting nominated for sainthood soon). I really, really appreciate your understanding. I'm trying to be optimistic and will try to have a great week.

You are doing so crazy good - I am truly happy for you. It is such an amazing feeling to be successful!

Are you exercising? I have never been good in that area but was still able to lose, so I didn't feel as much incentive. I need to start doing something but I'm not sure what I should/will do. I walk some, but need to do so more often. Have you found anything that you enjoy doing?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results