shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

Well, I''m sitting here shooting my weekly points to hell in a handbasket. I''m PMSing like mad and craving sugar. So screw it. I''m eating sugar. So for the record, in a 6oz box of Hot Tamales there are 12 points (surprisingly low). A bag of marshmallows is 9 points (on average, it''s 1 point per 4 marshmallows). Large Swedish Fish are 3 points for 7 fish.

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye weekly points!!!

(I was down 1.4 lbs yesterday, though, bringing me to 11.4 lost!)

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Princess, have you tried the WeightWatchers Fudgesicles??? They are AWESOME! And only 1 point! Those are the BEST at satisfying my sweet cravings at very low points! Try them! You might find your new not-so-guilty pleasure!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think the best kept secret ever is the Popsicle brand Fat Free, No Sugar Added Fudgesicles are 0 points! They''re cheaper and fewer points. Delicious. I just can''t keep any in the office freezer.
7.gif
Oh well. Days like this are what weekly points are made for! I didn''t actually use too many of them today, so I''m not worrying about it. Maybe I''ll go for a bike ride after my softball game or do a workout video or something. That should help!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Re: Activity Points and Weekly Points

Yes, I usually use all my weekly points and I strive not to use any of my activity points. If I have a rough eating weekend (like going out of town, where it''s a lot harder to plan), I''ll dip into the activity points as needed. For awhile, I was doing 2-3 activity points per day, so it added up for the week, and I was seeing a steady result on the scale. But, I kinda dropped off the face of the earth over the summer, and didn''t keep up either my activity or my good eating.

Found another healthy food: Smart and Delicious Wraps by La Tortilla Factory. They''re huge - about 10 in diameter - and 1 pt. There is a smaller version, and I believe someone said in the mtg that the small ones are 0 (but if you have 2, they''re 1.5 or something).

Has anyone tried Vitatops? Those were also mentioned in my last meeting but I can''t find them.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
To those afraid of the weekly points- when I did WW just out of college, I ate every single point I was allowed and lost 55lbs - so you can eat them, and still have the plan work. It was designed with them in mind.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
What are you girls eating for breakfast?

I was never much of a breakfast eater... I have been having the WW vanilla chai smoothie- using 1 cup of skim milk to get my two milks in and a couple of frozen strawberries to make it thick- but I can see myself getting tired of that every morning. I don''t have too much time in the mornings, but something that takes about 5-10 minutes to make and can be eaten on the go would be great.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 9:22:08 AM
Author: kiett98

I was never much of a breakfast eater... I have been having the WW vanilla chai smoothie- using 1 cup of skim milk to get my two milks in and a couple of frozen strawberries to make it thick- but I can see myself getting tired of that every morning. I don''t have too much time in the mornings, but something that takes about 5-10 minutes to make and can be eaten on the go would be great.
I eat the Thomas English Light muffins 110 calories (1 pt) 3 egg whites (.5 pt) and a TJ''s 1 pt cheese stick. Carrots every morning and a bowl of raspberries so 3.5 pts.

When I am busy I have 2 cheese sticks 2 pts. Then midday snack, apple maybe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick note on 35 extra pts and activity points. I use to not really dip into them as I was nervous about gaining but lately I have been working out a lot and I am at goal but all of a sudden I had been eating a bit more and I lost 3 lbs. so I am 3 lbs under my goal. maybe if any of you hit a plateau try eating a tiny bit more?

YAY for all you awesome weight watchers;
36.gif
this is the best plan ever. I like being able not to be on some program that is too restrictive or where you have to eat only one thing, etc.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 12:51:23 PM
Author: Skippy123

I eat the Thomas English Light muffins 110 calories (1 pt) 3 egg whites (.5 pt) and a TJ''s 1 pt cheese stick. Carrots every morning and a bowl of raspberries so 3.5 pts.

Thanks for the breakfast ideas!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 3:29:19 PM
Date: 8/21/2009 12:51:23 PM

Author: Skippy123

Thanks for the breakfast ideas!

WW yogurts are great, too. They''re one point and delicious! The pie flavours are amazing (minus Boston Creme - yuck!).

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Princess, I just bought those sugar free fudge popsicles for ZERO points and they are really good! Much "fudgier" than the chocolate Skinny Cows I had been buying. Thanks for recommending those!

Kiett- Yesterday I baked up a bunch of quiche in muffin tins. I found a good recipe online and then modified it with some extra veggies and fat free cheeses. From my calculations, each quiche is only about 2 points and very yummy so I''ll be having those for breakfast when I get around to actually eating it.

Has anyone tried those "Blue Ginger" chips from Costco? I think they are made from brown rice and you can have 33 for only 2 points! Our meeting leader recommended them so we grabbed a bag. They were actually sampling them that day also so after we tasted them, we went back and got another bag! We also picked up some individual angel food cakes there that are only 2 points for the whole thing and they are fairly large. I''ve found that I have to have lots of snack options around or I''ll have a hunger/blood sugar meltdown before dinner.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to report that I lost 3.4lbs my first week! I have started to exercise this week, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens next Monday...

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh... that quiche recipe looks great! I''ll definitely try that.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!

My WIs are Tuesdays, and this week, despite the PMS monster from h-e-double hockey sticks rearing it''s ugly head, I lost .8! That''s two weeks of loss in a row! WOOHOO!

I''m actually in a tough spot this week. I have a frisbee tournament on Saturday, so I have to make sure I''m eating enough this week. I''ll be at the tournament for roughly 9 hours, it''s 5 games that can go up to an hour and a half each. We only have 2 subs, so it''ll be a LOT of running which means I need to eat a LOT. I''m currently struggling to think of foods that will give me the right number of points for what I''ll be doing (because really...at the bare minimum I''ll be burning about 27 points, but I think it''ll be significantly higher than that). So we''ll see. Last time I had a tournament I maintained, but I''m hoping for a loss this time.

Anyways, keep up the good work, ladies! Go Kiet! 3.4 is awesome. And Oobie, I seriously adore those Fudgesicles. Mmmmmm... Glad you like them, too!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is GREAT, SDL!!! I am trying to plan out my weekend meals ahead of time so I can stay on track before I weigh in on Monday...

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Lost 3lbs at weigh-in last night! How is everyone else doing? I have been exercising, which I think has been a tremendous help and have started to kinda, maybe, sorta look forward to my morning workout.

If anyone has been to the meeting this week, are any of you setting a goal for the Lose For Good campaign? My personal goal is to lose at least 10lbs by 10/17/09!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Frack.

Just when I thought I had the weekly/activity points balance figured out, WW throws me a curve ball. So I used both this week, and had one intense day of exercise and one moderate. And what happens?

I gain 3.6 pounds.

I''m feeling totally disheartened. This sucks.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Don''t feel disheartened. Did you talk to your leader about using both the weekly and activity points? If so, what did she/he say? This week is a new week, though, so you get a fresh start!

I have been, and will continue to try, to gain the activity points, but not trade them in. I make myself "forget" that I have exercised, so I don''t let myself trade those points in, and think of them as some wiggle room. I also have a hard time figuring out the points when I eat out, so I think I am over counting things in my head (I picture the cooks in the restaurant sabotaging me by adding butter to the steamed vegetables, because they just do NOT taste that good when I steam them at home! What''s up with that?!?!), but I''d rather err on the side of thinking I have eaten too much than not enough. These are all the things going thru my head when I track online, or mentally count my points in my head (what I tend to do on the weeknds)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I used both, and I think that was the big problem. I was feeling kind of like a failure (well, still am) but I''m trying to remember that today is a new week, and I am capable of doing this. I can do well, I can put the effort in, I just need to focus.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
How did everyone do over the holiday weekend? I think I did pretty well, even though the BF was in town, which means we went out to eat a few times, but I think I made some smart choices. I will find out today when I go weigh in... I am hoping the extra day (since WW was closed yesterday) will work to my advantage... How did everyone else do!?!?!?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
-2.4!!

I''m so happy. I''ve been trying really hard to stick to the program, and boy did it pay off! That''s the biggest loss in a week that I''ve had since I started.

Also, the sweets cravings have been going away since I started paying attention to what they do to my body. It''s nice. I''m at the point where I''ll look at them and kind of want them, then remember what I feel like after I eat them...no good. So I''ll pick up some light popcorn or some almonds instead. Mmmmm.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
my response got eaten... 1pt

That is great, princesss!

Speaking of sweet cravings... has anyone else tried the WW red velvet 1pt mini bars? Yumm-o! They gave each person a free sample at the meeting last night, and I am so glad I waited until I got home to eat it because I would have bought 5 boxes... which I think would defeat the purpose of the mini bar being 1pt.

omg- I just googled the red velvet bars to see if I could find a picture of the box and someone is selling a box on Ebay for $13.50 plus $5.95 for shipping! That is ludicrous!!!

-2.6lbs, for a total of 9lbs

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 9:16:14 AM
Author: princesss
-2.4!!

I''m so happy. I''ve been trying really hard to stick to the program, and boy did it pay off! That''s the biggest loss in a week that I''ve had since I started.

Also, the sweets cravings have been going away since I started paying attention to what they do to my body. It''s nice. I''m at the point where I''ll look at them and kind of want them, then remember what I feel like after I eat them...no good. So I''ll pick up some light popcorn or some almonds instead. Mmmmm.
YAY great job Princesss
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 4:45:55 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
My loss this week... 5.6 pounds!! Yes.. I ate.. I swear, I did. I just really stayed on plan.. Here''s been my day this past week...
woooohoooo
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY great job honey!!! aww, shucks, thank you dear friend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 3:15:55 PM
I forgot to report that I lost 3.4lbs my first week! I have started to exercise this week, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens next Monday...
wooo hooo Kiett for your loss! yay!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, you are such a sweetheart!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Hi, girls! (or at least I think it has been us ladies in this hread thus far)

At my job, we put together a lunch group of people who are all trying to lose weight. We will get together to eat our lunch once a week and talk about what has worked for us in the past week and share recipes and such. I think it will be an additional accountability measure for me. I like going to the WW meetings, but I haven''t really gotten to know the other members (and after the meetings, I am running out the door to go home and eat because I don''t eat before weigh-in), so it will be nice to sit down once a week and talk to people I know. Don''t know if this would be a good idea for any of you?

Have a great weekend!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 8:37:18 AM
Hi, girls! (or at least I think it has been us ladies in this hread thus far)

At my job, we put together a lunch group of people who are all trying to lose weight. We will get together to eat our lunch once a week and talk about what has worked for us in the past week and share recipes and such. I think it will be an additional accountability measure for me. I like going to the WW meetings, but I haven''t really gotten to know the other members (and after the meetings, I am running out the door to go home and eat because I don''t eat before weigh-in), so it will be nice to sit down once a week and talk to people I know. Don''t know if this would be a good idea for any of you?

Have a great weekend!
I actually attend at-work meetings Tuesdays at lunch. So it''s a group of women I see regularly in the halls, and we check up and chat with each other periodically throughout the week. It''s been great! I definitely think having people at work to help you will be a good thing. I feel really supported when I see the women from my meetings, and we all help each other make good choices (especially in the cafeteria!).

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Hi, ladies! How is everyone doing? I was down 1lb this week, for a 4week total of 10lbs! So excited about that... Hope everyone is doing well.

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to contribute and encourage everyone in this tread who is changing their behaviors and making healthier choices!

Keep up the great work, stick together, and you will see results!

-Ted

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results