shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, since you made me, I got on the scale and gained 2.5lbs... seems a little wackado since I do not believe for one second I gained that much in 4 days of not counting points. Unlike TGal I did not go totally insane stuffing face :devil: But I am sick and had a strange cycle last month so I am chalking it up to that. And started running again after a month off due to illness (I have had back to back colds/sinus infections/colds for like 6 weeks now!!) and I think that makes me hold some extra water in the muscles. Anyways, not sweating it and chugging along this week!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's part water for sure. I read the other day that's it's hard to gain a lot of weight in a week. That's a lot of extra calories to consume!

But you're a good sport, Dreamer. :tongue:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aryana, I just read your post! Congrats on getting back on the wagon...sounds like you are doing great!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies! :wavey:

I'd like to join your thread :) I was introduced to weight watchers by my sister in the middle of the summer. I've gained and lost weight off and on for what seems like ever - sometimes i've been thin, and sometimes i've been not so thin. I'm normally pretty happy with my weight, even if i'm a little plumper than i would like. But then two years ago or so, I gained enough weight to make me feel uncomfortable about my health -- for reference, i had to move to a size 14, which i've never worn before and my highest weight was 172 lbs. I have not had a baby, either.

When i was getting married, i did a serious diet and dropped about 15 lbs. before the wedding - i felt good and kept it off for a couple of months. I would have still liked to lose another 15 lbs, but i was comfortable. but then my husband and I went to napa valley for our honeymoon, and drank lots of wine, ate great food, and basically that started the downward sprial. In the beginning of the summer I was about 177 lbs, and I was fed up. My sister asked if i would do weight watchers with her and i said yes -- i've never been on a structured (corporate) diet before, but i figured it was time to try something new.

Since the middle of july, i have lost about 12 lbs. It's been REALLY slow going for me - but that's ok. I feel like sometimes i follow the plan really dilligently and other times i don't. the thing i like is that if i'm up a little or not down a little, i just go back to it. I don't feel like i am on a diet at all really. In my mind, certain things are really cleared up as to what is really NOT healthy and i avoid them if/when i can - in particular cheese. I love cheese, but i don't eat it now, because there are other things i'd like to have....like wine :tongue:

I'm really hopeful that this will be a lifestyle change for me, and that eventually i'll be able to maintain, rather than losing - i like reading all of your inspirational stories here too. My husband has NO interest in doing the plan, so It will be nice to have someone to talk to about the process.

Thanks for listening to my LONG post - looking forward to chatting with you!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer - I was chuckling as I reread my post and sound like a dolt! I agree with what you said. I would be uncomfortable if a co-worker or acquaintance said something other than 'You look good'. It was just that these people are my FRIENDS, with whom I've had many intimate discussions. And weight has been one of the topics discussed in the past. I would have been happy with a 'You look great', but there was no mention of anything at all. I guess I was just disappointed. C'est la vie!

TGal - congratulations on the anniversary! :appl:

Violet - Welcome!

I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Even though I've been good this week, the results haven't looked all that promising. But, we'll see and maybe I'll be surprised. My weight fluctuates wildly throughout the day and sometimes I really can't tell if I am up or down.
So hopefully I have been weighing myself at the heavy points!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Violet! I also really like WW and will probably make it a lifelong tool to help maintain once I officially want to maintain post-bay number 2.

Aryana, you did not sound like a dolt ;)) My friends and family were the worst for not saying anything either :rolleyes: And it did disappoint me a lot!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! i am hoping this might spark my motivation a little bit - i fell off the wagon a bit for the last couple of weeks...i'm up a couple of lbs. now. trying not to let it get me down.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Violet - how are you doing WW? Are you doing it online, at meetings or on your own? TGal and Dreamer are online and I attend meetings. For me, I need the accountability of another person seeing my progress, or lack thereof. When I am on my own I find it too easy to cheat. That is just what works for me and everyone is different. I know some people hate the meetings and not all leaders are the greatest - I've been to a few where I was actively trying to figure out a way to leave that wasn't too rude. All the WW methods work, it is just a matter of trying to find what works best for each person.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It is a journey and there will be ups and downs. Whenever I have a week where I gained a fair amount, I usually know how and why. And, the kicker for me is that it was worth it. I'm not happy to have the same 2 pounds to lose again, but oh well. And I know I made some smarter choices than prior to WW. So maybe I gained 1.5 pounds but might have gained 2.5 pounds before WW. That is a victory! Small things can be victories too and they add up. The important thing is what you are doing, which is getting back on the wagon!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi again!

aryana, I am online - you know, i should probably attend the meetings, but my sister is paying for my online account, because i work three jobs and can't really justify the expense - things are tight around here. She said she'd pay if i did it with her so she would have a buddy -- i can't ask her to pay for the meetings too. However, she said something about really needing the meetings to be held accountable for the weigh in - that has worked really well for her.

hmmm...maybe i should have my husband weigh me in each week - that might get me motivated :tongue:

EDIT: i was just reading above about people not commenting on the weight loss....i know for me, if i'm not family to someone, and i notice the weight loss, I ALWAYS want to say "you look great! have you lost weight?" But i ALWAYS stop myself, because i think, I am going to have to immediately say afterward...."not that you needed to." I dunno, I worry that some people would think i was criticizing their former shape...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
violet3 said:
hmmm...maybe i should have my husband weigh me in each week - that might get me motivated :tongue:

DH and I do this together, so we are accountable to each other and it helps a lot. Also, I come on here and post my gains/losses each week so that's a fairly public accountablility to my online friends!

Ok, lost 2 lbs this week, which is down half a pound from where I was before I went to the conference and gained 1.5lbs :twirl: You following me? Essentially a half pound net loss for the last two weeks. So back on track. And we ran twice last week despite me getting sick AGAIN, only a cold this time, so we are back on the wagon!

How did everyone else do this week?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I finally made it to WW on Saturday for my weigh in last week. Up by .6. It isn't that much, but in the last 5 weeks I am only down 1.8 pounds from my previous (pre-vacation) weight. Granted 2 weeks of that time was vacation where I gained, but I only see the 1.8 as actual progress. I was good last week, so I'm not sure where the gain came from... I guess I'll see how this week goes (however I went to 2 festivals over the weekend where low point food was at a minimum, so it may be an 'interesting' week, even though I tried to be pretty good).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this thread!

good to have somewhere to chat with people i feel like i "kind of" know. I tried some of the online forums on WW, but they don't seem to be as active as PS. Dreamer, i wish my husband would do WW with me, but the truth is....he won't. Not that he doesn't need to - he's probably heavier than i am comparatively, but just has no desire to do it. Don't get me wrong, he's been the same size since we met - i'm the one who's gained at least 20 lbs since we met...I love him just as he is, but it would be great to have a partner. That's ok though - i have my sister! today the hubs went to the grocery store - i think he's ALMOST trained to get the right kind of bread and WW food ;))

like i said, i fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks -- now i'm back in the game. I think i need a new scale though, because mine seems to be all over the place. and i don't mean i weigh myself 3 times a day -- i mean, i thought my weight was too low for how i feel, and i stepped right back on the scale and i was 5 lbs more. frustrating.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
On my scale I have to stand in the exact same spot for the weight to be consistent :rolleyes:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, OK Dreamer! maybe that's what i'm doing wrong....it's funny, right after i posted that i went over to the scale. I weighed myself = x weight. Weighed myself again = 1 lb lighter. grrr. i'll try standing in the same spot from now on.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
violet3 said:
oh, OK Dreamer! maybe that's what i'm doing wrong....it's funny, right after i posted that i went over to the scale. I weighed myself = x weight. Weighed myself again = 1 lb lighter. grrr. i'll try standing in the same spot from now on.

I line my toes up with a particular place on the scale. I should just go buy a digital.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, my scale IS digital :rolleyes:

I've been eating egg whites for breakfast for months now - i'm getting really sick of them. Anyone have any suggestions for other low-point breakfasts? I don't love breakfast in general, but i have been very dilligent about eating breakfast every day since i started WW. i'm getting bored.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Checking in...

.1 loss last week, .2 gain this week. Basically stagnant, which is good because I haven't been the best when it comes to eating. My goal through Dec is to maintain...this holiday season is already starting with a bang.

Breakfasts: 1 piece of high fiber wheat toast topped with 2 slices Trader Joe's turkey bacon and egg whites, with a little bbq sauce (or you can use ketchup) on top. 3 points.

1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1/2 cup milk, 3 points

1 cup low fat Fage yogurt with a bit of honey (or splenda if you have it). 3 points

You can also use a small, low carb healthier version tortilla, egg whites, turkey slice and salsa for a wrap. Or what about fruit salad? Egg white, spinach and cheese omelette?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi tgal! I've gained a couple of pounds, but then my monthly visitor just came and i swell up like a tick :angryfire:

I agree with you that i am going to try to maintain my weight through the holidays - this is the time of year where i always gain back the weight that i've managed to loose, but not this year!

Thanks for the suggestions on the breakfast -- you are SO much more creative than i am. I just scramble up some egg whites! I should try the kashi cereal - i bet i would like that.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost half a pound this week.

Kellogs bite size shredded wheat 2/3 cup and i/2 cup milk = 3 points.
Optimum Slim cereal 2/3 cup and 1/2 cup milk is also 3 points and it has 9g fibre and the same protein too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
violet3 said:
hi tgal! I've gained a couple of pounds, but then my monthly visitor just came and i swell up like a tick :angryfire:

I agree with you that i am going to try to maintain my weight through the holidays - this is the time of year where i always gain back the weight that i've managed to loose, but not this year!

Thanks for the suggestions on the breakfast -- you are SO much more creative than i am. I just scramble up some egg whites! I should try the kashi cereal - i bet i would like that.

It's pretty good (but not fantastic). High fiber and only 140 cal for a full cup. it's hugely filling. I have it nearly every morning but today I couldn't stomach it, hence the turkey bacon, eggs and toast!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
I lost half a pound this week.

Kellogs bite size shredded wheat 2/3 cup and i/2 cup milk = 3 points.
Optimum Slim cereal 2/3 cup and 1/2 cup milk is also 3 points and it has 9g fibre and the same protein too!

Great job Dreamer! And get a digital scale already...you deserve it girl!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Dreamer! good for you!

thanks for the recommendations on the breakfast -- like i said, i've never eaten breakfast in my life, but that was one of the recommendations i have followed very strictly. I try to eat as soon as i get up for good metabolism and energy throughout the day. I'll try your recommendations!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I planned to post my weight loss from last week with the current week progress, however I didn't make it to WW yesterday. Last week I lost 2.6 pounds and I don't think I lost much of anything this week. I seem to be on an every other week thing now....I guess as long as it is overall downward movement, it is all good!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
.7 down this week. That has to be post period loss, because I didn't eat the best. Although maybe I've been eating so well the last few months that anything remote not good seems AWFUL.

Off to a good eating start this week. Hope everyone is having a good weigh in.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
I went to WW meeting last night and lost .8.

Our leader said she can finally admit that WW is getting ready to do a roll-out of a new program. She can't divulge much info yet but she said it is still point based and that she likes it. She has lost several pounds in the time she has been using it, so that is good news! She said it will be rolled out in about 4 weeks. And, they are coming out with a lot of new products.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aryana|1288990104|2756175 said:
I went to WW meeting last night and lost .8.

Our leader said she can finally admit that WW is getting ready to do a roll-out of a new program. She can't divulge much info yet but she said it is still point based and that she likes it. She has lost several pounds in the time she has been using it, so that is good news! She said it will be rolled out in about 4 weeks. And, they are coming out with a lot of new products.

Congrats on the .8! And that sounds interesting....

Lost 1.5 this week. No idea how. I start off the week well (workouts and good portions), but yesterday I had a burger AND onion rings for the first time in who knows how long. It probably hasn't registerd on my butt yet. I'm prepared for disaster on next week's weigh in!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Dreamer...I am assuming you are no longer going to be on this thread? :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup TGal, I guess I will be bowing out since I am pregnant!

My pre-pregnancy weight is officially 20lbs less than when I started WW, just half a pound from my 10% goal. I am 14lbs less than my first pre-pregnancy weight. I am hoping to gain only 30lbs this time around, and will be back on the WW train 3mo post-partum!

Good luck everyone!!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
TGal, congrats on the 1.5, that is great! I know what you mean about the burger, as I haven't had one since I started WW - eek. Now that I am thinking about them, I think I will have to have one soon! When I was on vacation I did eat some onion rings - oh my! It is a good thing my nephews don't like onion rings, as I would have knocked them over as I grabbed them....it was a scary sight :lickout: Yup, I'm still having trouble with moderation - I can avoid completely avoid foods, but when I give in I sometimes have a hard time controlling myself.

Dreamer, congratulations on the pregnancy!! Hopefully (depending upon the burger/onion ring situation) I will be in maintenace mode in 9 months, but I'll be cheering you on.

I went to WW last night and lost 1.6. (In actuality, I think I lost an extra .2 pounds, but I am gradually changing my weigh-in outfit to something where I don't freeze my smaller-but-still-too-big butt off!)

On a slightly more interesting note, the meeting discussed Thanksgiving. The average American consumes 183 POINTS on Thanksgiving day. I'm still not completely sure how it could be that high, but she read off what was consumed (although some of it seemed a little excessive - 2 potato dishes, 2 pieces of pie). Gadzooks.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
It's awfully quiet in here! I went to WW last night and lost 1.4.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results