shape
carat
color
clarity

A Weighty Issue - TTC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great job Charger....we are going to start TTC again around March too!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, guys...glad to see everyone is doing so well. I joined a gym near my house today. My first day of working out there will be tomorrow. I can''t wait. I am very fired up about losing this weight. I can''t wait to get down to my goal weight so we can start ttc again. If that takes me 3 months or 6 months, that is what I''ll do so that I can try to be my healthiest for this next baby. Is everyone here taking their prenatal vitamins? I am taking mine and also trying to get more folic acid through spinach...

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
yep- i''m taking prenatals! they''re HUGE (tj brand). i''ve been taking them at night so they don''t affect my belly.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all.

We haven''t posted here for a while.

I actually got my period, for the first time in over six month. It''s comforting to know I am actually in working order, albeit not regular working order. I have had niggles which felt like period cramps but I was in denial about seeing as how I hardly ever get a period these days but then a couple of days ago I started to get faint traces. Well tonight I have actually come on and have the pain to prove it!

I have never been so happy to see it!

It gives me hope for the future though...maybe I still can conceive after all?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 6:20:06 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hey all.

We haven''t posted here for a while.

I actually got my period, for the first time in over six month. It''s comforting to know I am actually in working order, albeit not regular working order. I have had niggles which felt like period cramps but I was in denial about seeing as how I hardly ever get a period these days but then a couple of days ago I started to get faint traces. Well tonight I have actually come on and have the pain to prove it!

congratulations I hope it stays regular for you!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 6:20:06 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hey all.

We haven't posted here for a while.

I actually got my period, for the first time in over six month. It's comforting to know I am actually in working order, albeit not regular working order. I have had niggles which felt like period cramps but I was in denial about seeing as how I hardly ever get a period these days but then a couple of days ago I started to get faint traces. Well tonight I have actually come on and have the pain to prove it!

YAHOO, Merry. This is a good sign!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

YAY Merry!! that's great news, so happy for you. It must be restoring your confidence and drive. How's your healthy eating plan coming along?

I've not posted on this thread for ages, sorreeee. Life has been very hectic over the last few weeks in particular but has essentially been crazy for the last 3 years, which is the biggest reason why I've been unable to put myself on the top of my priority list. I have a few life changing events happening next week, fingers crossed. 1 which I'm in control of and the other I'm not.

Y'see the first one is that I'm starting my plan again, nearly 3 years to the day I first started it. This time I'm really hyped up and ready, more ready than I've ever been I think. I've never yearned so much to be fit and healthy and to be a mum like have in the last few weeks and I know I'm ready and so is my DH. So my 30 days starts on Monday morning and I hope that the support we give each other and my desire to be pregnant gives me the motivation to see it through to the end. I've given myself a year to really do something about my weight. I'm realistic in what's achievable and I'm at peace with that, whereas in years gone by its been all or nothing.

The other event is a new job. What a long, drawn out saga recruitment is. I applied for a job in November, was called for interview just before Christmas and was verbally offered the post last week pending a pre-employment medical. I have to attend that tomorrow then if I get the all clear, they'll move to formal offer. We'll firstly negotiate a start date then I'll hope to begin in 5/6 weeks. Soooooo, lots happening next week and if I get my job confirmed, I have another goal to reach for.

Next stage - exercise!! WiiFit here I come.........will also need to get my exercise bike in the living room, no excuse to sit on the sofa and watch tv, can cycle my butt numb.

As an aside - folic acid tabs, are you guys taking them already in preparation?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Good luck to everyone and your goals, and have FUN while doing the baby makin!
31.gif

I hate this... but... working out with weights, helps you to burn more calories, all day long.
The trick is, to not tell yourself, I earned this because I worked out... that acutally leads to OVEREATTING more than you burned off at the gym. Also, dont just sign up for kickboxing because it burns the most calories... sign up for what you enjoy doing, you are most likely to stick to it long term, if you like it.

Also, I have a polar wrist watch, that I have personalized to my body, so I know EXACTLy how many calories I am buring during each workout. Hint...(females) you burn about 80 calories per mile if you walk, while you''ll burn 110 calories per mile if you run... so even if the activity seems similar, the increased heart rate makes a difference. I get mad because I''ll burn 300 calories, and my DH is like "Wow, I burned 550, what about you..." GRRR men!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to move my exercise bike into the living room tomorrow night to encourage me to cycle whilst watching the TV.

I don''t have a problem with the cycling at all or working up a sweat, its the pain in my butt from sitting on the wee seat that puts me off. Looks like i''m going to have to sit on a cushion or pillow until I get used to it.

it will be worth it, i keep telling myself

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
So its been very quiet here for the last few weeks, how''s everyone getting on?

My plan is going well and I''ve even managed to get out and do some exercise in front of the world. DH and I decided to go do our shopping without taking the car and we walked, in the freezing cold, about 2 miles there and then 2 miles back with 4 full bags of shopping. I am all sore today and have a huge blister on the back of my heel but I feel better for having done it and even tho it doesn''t seem that big a deal to those, it is to me and it was all up and down hills. I just need to keep going and walking longer and faster and the more weight I lose the easier it will be.

10lbs down and aiming for a 1lb loss next week and anything over that is a bonus!! That''s my mantra from now on cos I have a tendency to aim to high and then be disappointed with anything less than my expectation.

hope you''re all working hard.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 7:05:22 AM
Author: Po10472
So its been very quiet here for the last few weeks, how's everyone getting on?

My plan is going well and I've even managed to get out and do some exercise in front of the world. DH and I decided to go do our shopping without taking the car and we walked, in the freezing cold, about 2 miles there and then 2 miles back with 4 full bags of shopping. I am all sore today and have a huge blister on the back of my heel but I feel better for having done it and even tho it doesn't seem that big a deal to those, it is to me and it was all up and down hills. I just need to keep going and walking longer and faster and the more weight I lose the easier it will be.

10lbs down and aiming for a 1lb loss next week and anything over that is a bonus!! That's my mantra from now on cos I have a tendency to aim to high and then be disappointed with anything less than my expectation.

hope you're all working hard.
Awesome Po on the weight loss!!!! Yay for the exercise too
36.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:09:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
Awesome Po on the weight loss!!!! Yay for the exercise too
36.gif
Thanks Skippy!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results