shape
carat
color
clarity

10K accomplishment!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone:

I just wanted to share that I completed my first 10K race yesterday in Boston! I feel a sense of accomplishment I never thought I would feel!

I''m beginning a new training routine this week that will hopefully allow me to complete the race next year at a faster seeding level and an overall time of an hour or less.

Thanks for letting me share!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on meeting this HUGE goal and that you''re already looking ahead to the next one

As someone who can barely run 3K, I am in awe of folks who distance-run. too cool.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Great job!

I''ve gotten into running this summer but have fallen off the wagon now that the weather''s turned a bit. I''m still trying to get myself to go out. Maybe today... :)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Heh heh... when I read the subject line, I thought somebody was going to post ideas on how they should use a $1000 vendor credit!

(I spend WAAAAAAY too much time on Pricescope....
37.gif
)

Congratulations on completing your first 10K run, Keepingthefaith!

f-d-l

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 4:29:11 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Heh heh... when I read the subject line, I thought somebody was going to post ideas on how they should use a $1000 vendor credit!

(I spend WAAAAAAY too much time on Pricescope....
37.gif
)

Congratulations on completing your first 10K run, Keepingthefaith!

f-d-l
LOL! F-D-L if I had gotten $10K in vendor credit I''d have about 17 different posts going with 900 photographs attached to it! In fact, if there was a $10K vendor credit waiting at the end of that race I probably would have finished in about 15 mins
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, great job!!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Aren''t 10K''s fun? I love that accomplished feeling at the end! Congratulations to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is awesome.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
OMG, KTF THAT IS AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!
36.gif

I started running a year ago (always had a hard time with it) and am starting to train for a 5K some time this spring ...you're inspiring me this morning!

Congratulations. If you have any tips, send them my way please!
9.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bia! My only advice is to have fun!!! I found taking a step aerobics class very helpful as well - it helped build my leg muscles up quite a bit. I ate a nice meal of carbs the night before (yum yum!) and I made sure to have a good breakfast the day of my race.

Crossing the finish line is really an amazing experience - even if you are dog tired!

Good luck to you with your training!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say congratulations!!! Nothing feels better than the end of a run
36.gif
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That is FANTASTIC! What a wonderful accomplishment! Yay for you!!
Thanks for sharing! It is so nice to see other people achieve their goals.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results