shape
carat
color
clarity

Your long-term jewelry wish list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I''ve seen this topic pop up every now and again, but I''d like to hear from the current PS''ers!

What''s your long-term jewelry plan/wish list? Pieces you hope/plan to acquire over the coming years, or changes to your current collection?

Pictures OF COURSE welcome
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, I love this topic Musey!

Short term wish list:
Diamond bangle bracelet
Diamond studs w/delicate jackets

Long term wish list:
Michael B Riviera ring--GORGEOUS! I would never pic it out from the picture, but I just tried one on at my jewelers and it is DIVINE. I told my BF that would be the perfect 25 year anniversary gift! (pic attached)

michaelbriviera.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's mine!

Short term:
A wedding band (still have no idea what this will look like!)
A tri-color rolling ring. I bought a cheapie one, but I'd like to get a memoire (doubt Cartier will EVER be in my price range
2.gif
)

Long term:
A platinum channel-set baguette eternity band (like Kate Cruise's in the pic below), perhaps a 10-year anniversary gift. (yeesh, 2018 is a long way away!)
~.75ctw bezeled RB diamond studs (I have somewhat modest dreams for my ears!!)
A bezel-set asscher tennis bracelet (like the attached image)

KatieH00001.jpg

ACBRaceletBEZEL.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love this!
Long term wishlist:
Diamond studs (If I had my druthers it would be 1 ctw in thin bezels, peretti style)
10 year anniversary: 2 carat OEC
2 small eternity stack bands and a sapphire or ruby one to add to the mix as I see necessary..

BTW, OMG that asscher bracelet is WILD!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm... love that asscher bracelet too!

medium term:
1) 1 ctw studs (I'm getting myself these for my next big work achievement)
2) oval sapphire earrings to match my ring

longer term:
3) bezel set pendant around 1 ct
4) everything at Graff
5) or faliling that, an EC RHR... love EC's.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like these threads -- get me thinking!!! Oh and I get ideas from what you all post.

Set my RB Spessertite -- looks like it will be a plain setting with a little filigree

Several starlight bands so I can stack them www.starlightbands.com I just love these from the photos. A PSer has a thicker band and her photos are just lovely. OH wait I don't know if I'd want WG or YG...

Larger diamond studs

Possibly bezel set the studs I have in martini settings

A DBTY necklace

Turn my oval diamond into a pendant.

ETA: I want an OEC but I haven't seen the right one yet. So hard you really have to search for them. So it's not on the list it's kind of hovering over the list. KWIM?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t want much:
Diamonds:
a 10 carat or so Marquise (nothing below a G color) set in platimum with baguettes on the side
An old ''original'' Asscher from the 1920''S (don''t care what color grade or size)
Maybe a cushion
A heart shape
Maybe a 4 carat or so round brilliant set in plantinum with baguettes on the side
Maybe a tennis bracelet with some canary diamonds in it

Other gem stones:
An emerald pendant
Maybe a Tanzanite (I''m on again/off again about them)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this for my oval but with another row of blue stones around the outside. What do you all think?

tiffanycirclet.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This would be very long term, but first on the list is an asscher. Or about a zillion on a gorgeous bracelet like this Leon wonder.

Followed closely by a tiny EC eternity like this Vera Wang. I only kinda loved it until I saw it in person! In fact, maybe I''ll knock off early today and visit...
Vera Wang band

After that, something with fab old cut stones, but I think that''s something I''d hav eto have "find me" as much as search for!

b700_015Ww.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That Tiffany circle pendant is GA_OR_GE_OUS.
3.gif

I just thought of 16 other things I want, including:

- a peridot ring with a diamond halo... there''s a gorgeous one at teh jeweler in my dad''s ''hood at the moment. keep walking by... drooling... I went in and tried it on and it looked perfect. But can''t really drop a grand on jewels at the moment when there are canapes to purchase! oh, and matching earrings of course
- a pendant with a large east-west EC aquamarine on a stiff, elegant neck cuff type thingy.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah! I''m having enough trouble with my short term project--my 25th year major upgrade!
41.gif
I''m probably going to make that a 3 year project: diamond, then actually decide on a permanent setting, then get a wedding ring with diamonds or a semi-eternity band. After that:
1 ct. studs
diamond bangle bracelet (WF?)
diamond pendant (halo around solitaire?)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Short term: A diamond bangle bracelet from WF

Long term: A paraiba tourmaline in a Leon Mege setting, RHR. But probably won''t happen, $$$$
11.gif

Stardust

Rough_Rock
Eternity band - european cut diamond OR european cut diamonds and sapphires alternating - prefer prong set but don''t mind channel either if the style is right

Stud earrings - european or old mine cut - about 1-1.5 carat total

Dangle earrings - something vintage with filigree and a couple of tiny melee stones

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long-long-long term, hey-we-won-the-lotto wish list:

Antique platinum engagement ring with a white OMC diamond. Big, fat facets. Rose-cut diamonds in the setting.
Large Royal Asscher set in thin pave ring setting
Antique cushion cut (with fat facets) in a Leon Mege platinum ring creation.
Large yellow cushion or radiant-cut solitaire set in yellow gold band with yellow diamond pave band.
Katie Holmes' eternity band with vertically set baguettes (great minds think alike, Musey!).
Cartier diamond pave trinity ring in white gold.
Cartier Ballon Bleu rose gold watch with diamonds on the bezel.

I do have a fighting chance of receiving the Cartier diamond pave trinity ring someday...for a big wedding anniversary, i.e. 10th or 20th. DH likes this ring a lot!
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I want to take a setting I have and recycle the diamonds, which are really nice. I want to put a blue step cut sapphire in the middle, use the 1 pointers as a halo, and the graduated baguettes down the shank. I would love to have it in platinum. I''m thinking this might be a 20 or 25 year anniversary ring -- we were married in September and I love blue sapphires.

I would also like a diamond tennis bracelet with a tcw of about 5 carats. Something petite in white gold.

I love Canukgal''s ascher eternity band...someday, someday.....it''s just so elegant and I would probably wear it alone.

A high end watch would probably be on the list, too, but I don''t know enough about watches right now to have any clue -- Rolex? Maybe not that high end....

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Short term:

A pair of diamond earring jackets
5mm tsavorite studs

Longer term:

Some nice sapphires - I''m planning to buy some in Sri Lanka on our honeymoon, so I am studying hard
34.gif

A great spessertite garnet
A diamond pendant
An OEC diamond ring

Totally mad wants:

I would love a really amazing tiara. The real thing that would become a family heirloom and would have to be kept in the bank
20.gif
. I go to the kind of parties one could wear one to, for work a couple of times a year so it would get some wear. problem is I keep thinking how cool it would be for my wedding! I so need to win the lottery!

A top quality ruby!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
In the near-term, an upgrade ring (~3 ct RB). I keep wavering on the setting - between the classic Tiffany replica or a blingy Leon Mege.

Longer term (and DH says to think *really* long term post-upgrade...hehe):
- If I get the plain solitaire for the upgrade, then a substantial shared prong eternity band.
- 2 ct RB solitaire pendant, bezel set.
- Upgrade my current studs (2.25 cttw) to 3 cttw, set them in the Leon Mege 3-prong martinis, and have him create matching jackets at the same time.
- A blingy WG Rolex.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have a few short-term wish items:

* pendant solitaire around .50 or possibly turn my current eng. diamond into a pendant and get a slightly larger eng. diamond (up to .75ish).
* another Roberto Coin pendant. I love the one I have and would like a few more, especially the pretzel one!

Long-term:

* an OEC diamond.

Even though I spends loads of time on PS, I''m realizing I LOVE diamonds but am happy enough with the items that I have so if I only buy something every six months, my desires will be tended to.
9.gif
lol! My husband actually agreed to that, so I''m right now saving for the solitaire pendant & the RC pendant for my b-day in Dec. Then six months after that is my 10 year anniversary. Hopefully I can get something BIG!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

Not really any short-termies...
39.gif

but longer term...

I''d LOVE to get a 5-stone RHR with bigger stones (~.40''s)... oh yum!
And...
Upgrade my studs to 1.50 - 2ctw. Double yum!

That''s all. That''s not much, is it? Is it?! Sir???!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I only have four items on my long term wishlist:

Upgrade my center stone to a 1.5 or < stone
Reset my current stone as a pendent
1ctw studs
A second band to match my wedding band

I''m a PSer who needs to be benched, my wishes aren''t big enough!
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread, but Musey--you are definitely instigating some serious growth of my wish list! That bezel set Asscher bracelet is GORGEOUS! Yum.

I also want to add a 3 stone EC RHR. I LOVE a nice, big, clean EC. Swoon.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread!

Mine include:

2 ct. EC emerald RHR, flanked by baguette diamonds, set in plat., preferably Leon Mege
2 cttw RB diamond studs, martini setting
upgrade my 1.5 RB to ACA 2 ct. RB and add sidestones to my e-ring

That''s it!

Short term, I would love to add the WF shared prong bangle 1-1.5 tcw to my collection...

DH says I need to go out and find a sugar daddy...
2.gif
I told him I''m too old for one now, LOL!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA:

I can''t believe I forgot this but I would LOVE to own a natural alexandrite someday, one with great color change!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A RHR by Leon, maybe an asscher or cushion, the five stone in plat. Center stone 5 carats or so depending on proportion

A long (Opera length) Diamonds by the yard, platinum, with the diamonds very close together

Cartier all pave rolling ring

A large heart shaped diamond on a platinum chain

Pale Grey South Sea pearls, with a gorgeous diamond clasp

Large pear drops or earrings with rounds on top and pears on the bottom, total weight 12 carats (4 for each pear and two or so for each stud)

A bracelet of emerald cut diamonds, approx one carat each stone

A large yellow gold cuff with diamonds

something from Buccellati

A vintage ruby and diamond woven bracelet

A Cartier all diamond and white gold or platinum watch, or the same in Franck Muller, rectangular or tonneau shape

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone Hunter, I love what your posted!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a single guy''s perspective... and flipping the thread topic a bit.

How about a gal who is interested in jewery, me, and us... all in one package.

Given that... the jewelry will take care of itself down the road.

Perry

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
short term: A wedding band....ugh...so overwhelming!

long term: bezel studs. I neeeeeeedddddddd them!!!!
39.gif
Can''t I just get the studs instead of the wedding band?
31.gif
Wedding studs! I like that idea! ERD has .50ctw bezel studs for $600. I want them so badly!!!!!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
is it wrong that i can''t think of anything i DESPERATELY want? like needtohaveitnow kinda thing. haha. actually I think it''s because I''m pretty picky and only like to have jewlery that i absolutely adore and make me feel that "ireallywantitnow/loveittodeath" kinda thing.

But I''m really talking about things pieces that I would purchase myself.

However, if FI wants to give me anything I would probably adore it. (although we have very similiar tastes (lucky me!))

I love reading about everyones projects and wish lists though. everything sounds so wonderful!!

OH it just came to me, I''d really love a pair of dangly, but not over the top, diamond earrings. something that i can wear everyday but they still go POP when people see them. hmm...i will start obsesing over that haha.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, hubby always jokes to me that he wants to leave some things for my NEXT hubby to buy me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results