shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Christmas Movies

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation but I also love the Christmas TV specials that I remember from my childhood, Frosty, Rudolph, etc. They always bring a smile to my face! :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
1. Elf
2. Love Actually

I love it when they have an Elf movie marathon on tv... I could watch that movie over and over!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
We do our own 30 nights of Christmas, these are the top choices
It's A Wonderful life
ELf
And The Muppet Christmas Carol
National Lampoon Christmas Vacation

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1354846903.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Christmas Story (Finnish version) has AMAZING cinematography/scenery, a great story too! I highly recommend it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In Bruges...interesting, I get it, and I loved the movie, and I love that someone posted it in this thread! Colin Ferrell's only brilliant acting job, if you ask me.

My traditional favorites are Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story.

More recently, I like
Sex and the City: The Movie
Love, Actually
Four Christmases

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for such awesome movies! The other day I re-watched The Santa Claus, which I hadn't seen in a long time. I love how he proves the doubters - namely the new husband - wrong. Yay!

But the real winner was tonight. I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and realized to my amazement that I had never seen it before! What a good Christmas movie, with Clark or "Sparky" so naively sentimental. Thank you for all the recommendations. I watched it with one of my [teenage] boys, who was rooting for Clark as much as I was.

I can't wait to watch "Its a Wonderful Life" and "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" with my son.

Anybody else have great suggestions?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this thread. Now before some of you hit me over the head because its not officially Christmas time yet, know that my intention was strictly to get us all thinking so that when Christmas time does roll around, we'll be ready. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :wink2:

(funny how as I write that, I'm hearing Boris Karloff in my head saying "And his fib fooled the child and he patted her head and got her a drink and sent her to bed..." :bigsmile:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
The Bishop's Wife (love Cary Grant)
A Christmas Story
Meet Me in St. Louis

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas - it's a muppet movie, and is the only christmas movie i grew up watching! Everyone looks at me weird when I say that movie, because apparently NO ONE has ever heard of it!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
A christmas carol, the disney version. I love the ducks.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovebug1031|1385007048|3560331 said:
Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas - it's a muppet movie, and is the only christmas movie i grew up watching! Everyone looks at me weird when I say that movie, because apparently NO ONE has ever heard of it!

Sorry to be predictable, but I've never heard of it! :lol:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
You guys should not get me started on lists like this.

Love Actually
Prancer
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Home Alone
The Polar Express
The Snowman (can be found on Youtube)
The Santa Claus
Miracle on 34th Street
The Nightmare Before Christmas
A Christmas Carol with Mickey Mouse
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Frosty the Snowman
Home Alone 2 lost in New York

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Miracle on 34th Street, original version only.
Any of the older versions of A Christmas Carol.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very favorites:
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

but I also love:
Holiday Inn
Frosty the Snowman
It's a Wonderful LIfe

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Home Alone and its made all the sweeter by seeing John Candy in it, and remembering his portrayal of such great characters.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1385029968|3560419 said:
lovebug1031|1385007048|3560331 said:

Sorry to be predictable, but I've never heard of it! :lol:

LOL see! It's a Muppet Movie...came out in 77, 6 years before I was born - so I'm not sure if we just had it on tape because my mom loved it, or if it actually came on TV when I was old enough to know what it was....I also grew up watching a black and white tv until about 5th grade!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas!! It's so sweet - I still watch it almost every year (my hubs bought the DVD for me years ago when we were dating because he'd never seen nor heard of it). I believe it was originally on HBO - at least that's where I saw it many years ago... ;-)

Also partial to Robbie the Reindeer (the BBC voiced one - not the with the American voices).

That's about it for ones I load in myself - the rest I usually stumble across and can't turn them off (any old school Rudolf, Elf, Holiday Inn, A Christmas Story).

This is going to be the first Thanksgiving/Christmas I'm spending with my family in years and can't wait!

:appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's A Wonderful Life being top of the list for certain.

And I love The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Scrooged with Bill Murray.

DK :))

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I snagged a few Christmas cartoons yesterday while shopping - not technically movies but close enough?! :praise:

Santa Claus Is Comin To Town (the Burgermeister Meisterburger one), the Grinch, The Year Without A Santa Clause, Rudoph's Shiny New Year, Nestor, Jack Frost, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July.

In case anyone's interested, The Gift of the Magi - er - Emmet Otter is only $5!

http://www.amazon.com/Emmett-Otters-Jugband-Christmas-Various/dp/B00DNF1S0K/ref=pd_cp_mov_0

:wavey:

Now I just need to start watching some of these! ;-)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is White Christmas. I am simply fascinated with Vera Ellen (I don't know why). Here is a famous scene from the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meO3ims3GvU
Of course, she is rumored to have had an eating disorder (back when there were no terms/diagnosis for such a thing), she was married twice, and she lost her only child (a daughter) at 3-months old to SIDS. She withdrew from public eye after the death of her child :(
My other favorite Holiday movies include Christmas Vacation, and the Home Alone movies are always entertaining. I'm not a fan of It's a Wonderful Life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results