shape
carat
color
clarity

Your "DOH!!!" moment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I woke up at 8am this morning.

Went to the gas station.

Handed them a $20 bill.

Told them I was on pump 5.

Got in my car...

and went home.

I didn''t even realize that I didn''t get gas until about a half an hour ago. The gas station employee had a good laugh.

What is your recent "DOH!!!" moment?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Went to a restaurant in little Italy and saw a guy I *thought* was a valet. He was standing at the curb, hands in his pockets looking around like it was his job to do so. When I went to give him my keys, he just put his hands up and shrugged. DH was LAUGHING so hard at me, but I''m glad I didn''t give a complete stranger my car keys. In my own defense, the man was wearing a vest that made him look like a valet.

Oh and one day I went to Target and I was wearing a red t-shirt with khaki pants. I had two people accost me and ask where to find stuff. The guy asked where the garden hose nozzles were, and I knew where they were so I told him where they were but neglected to mention that I didn''t work there. He looked like he was coming back to ask me something else and I finally told him I didn''t work there. I refuse to wear red shirts anymore
8.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Lucky star...that is too funny. I am sorry. I am laughing with you of course...not AT YOU.

Oh there have been too many to list. Yours is pretty good. I mean really good. How many gallons did you leave behind? 5 1/2 or 6? That is the sad part of this little saga.

DKS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 6:09:14 PM
Author: luckystar112
Oops! I meant to post this in hangout. lol

I was so confused for a second.
I do that every once in awhile!!!

My DOH moment is that once I forget to take the key out of the door. The key was hanging there and the mailman and fedex came by and the key was still there thank goodness. Thens when I am mad at myself!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 6:18:59 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Went to a restaurant in little Italy and saw a guy I *thought* was a valet. He was standing at the curb, hands in his pockets looking around like it was his job to do so. When I went to give him my keys, he just put his hands up and shrugged. DH was LAUGHING so hard at me, but I'm glad I didn't give a complete stranger my car keys. In my own defense, the man was wearing a vest that made him look like a valet.

Oh and one day I went to Target and I was wearing a red t-shirt with khaki pants. I had two people accost me and ask where to find stuff. The guy asked where the garden hose nozzles were, and I knew where they were so I told him where they were but neglected to mention that I didn't work there. He looked like he was coming back to ask me something else and I finally told him I didn't work there. I refuse to wear red shirts anymore
8.gif

Lol, I had that happen when I wasn't dressed in red and khaki's and I said I don't work here and the guy said well help me anyway! Some people. hehe

ETA: I should have helped him but I didn't know where to find the item he wanted, so I knew I couldn't.
15.gif

Luckystar, I love this thread; it is so funny. hehehe I needed this after the day I had at Target today!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2007 6:18:59 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Went to a restaurant in little Italy and saw a guy I *thought* was a valet. He was standing at the curb, hands in his pockets looking around like it was his job to do so. When I went to give him my keys, he just put his hands up and shrugged. DH was LAUGHING so hard at me, but I''m glad I didn''t give a complete stranger my car keys. In my own defense, the man was wearing a vest that made him look like a valet.

Oh and one day I went to Target and I was wearing a red t-shirt with khaki pants. I had two people accost me and ask where to find stuff. The guy asked where the garden hose nozzles were, and I knew where they were so I told him where they were but neglected to mention that I didn''t work there. He looked like he was coming back to ask me something else and I finally told him I didn''t work there. I refuse to wear red shirts anymore
8.gif
LOL! That happened to me in Target a few weeks ago, only I was wearing a navy polo shirt and khaki shorts with flip flops. I was pushing a cart with my big old handbag in it and I STILL got stopped by a lady looking for a wedding registry item. I told her I didn''t work there but I helped her find it anyway--I figured she was having a "doh" moment herself and I felt bad for her!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I was changing the tube in my tire at a bike shop, and I had to buy a steel lift because the tire on my bike is nearly impossible to get off. The guy who worked there was nice enough to give me a hand. When we were done and I was putting everything back in its place, he told me "Don''t forget your lift". And I said "Oh, I won''t".

What did I do? I FORGOT IT.

Poor guy had to ride his bike after me to give it back.

Then there was the time I threw a fork in the garbage can and started washing my (paper) napkin. Ok, I admit it...I''ve done that more than once. DOH!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Things I''ve found in the refrigerator:

Box of cereal

Tv remote

I can''t wait for the day I lose my E-ring and it turns up there too.

I also once missed a meeting because I couldn''t get my car into reverse. I spent 30 minutes crying in the parking lot, repeatedly putting the car in gear and stalling out. That''s the day I learned that you have to take off the parking brake first...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I started driving off with the nozzle still in the gas intake. *Sigh* I tried to play it so cool though. I backed up again and put it all back really quickly like nothing had happened. Everyone was looking at me like I had lost it, haha.

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well this is different, but it''s what popped in my head... I was at least 25 before I found out it was "intents and purposes". Prior to that I had "intensive purposes" LOL

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
This happened to a friend of mine (REALLY!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

She is a wonderful, devoted mother of 4 young children. One day she had her youngest on her hip in the grocery store and a stranger said to her, "Oh, your little girl is so cute! What''s her name?" And my friend said that all of a sudden, her mind just went blank and she could NOT think of her daughter''s name!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Of course she was so embarrassed, and so mortified, and that just made things WORSE. She kept stammering, "Um... just give me a minute... I''ll think of it... I know I will... " The woman gave her a WITHERING look and just walked away. My friend said it was a good minute or two before it FINALLY came to her, and then she said she just wanted to scream across the store, "It''s CANDACE! HER NAME IS CANDACE!!!!!"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:22:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
This happened to a friend of mine (REALLY!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

She is a wonderful, devoted mother of 4 young children. One day she had her youngest on her hip in the grocery store and a stranger said to her, ''Oh, your little girl is so cute! What''s her name?'' And my friend said that all of a sudden, her mind just went blank and she could NOT think of her daughter''s name!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Of course she was so embarrassed, and so mortified, and that just made things WORSE. She kept stammering, ''Um... just give me a minute... I''ll think of it... I know I will... '' The woman gave her a WITHERING look and just walked away. My friend said it was a good minute or two before it FINALLY came to her, and then she said she just wanted to scream across the store, ''It''s CANDACE! HER NAME IS CANDACE!!!!!''
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Hahahaha.
9.gif
That must have been mortifying for your friend... but it IS funny!

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
After the forgetting your kids'' name thing I thought of another one... it''s not super amusing but it''s irritating to me. My husband''s name is Jose and I STG at *least* once a month (sometimes more than once a day ::sob
5.gif
I type his name Hose. I don''t look at my fingers while I type, I look at the screen so I immediately notice but it just bugs me LOL I sound things out phonetically in my head and yet I''ve never gone to type jalapeno with an h!! It''s my husband for gosh''s sake!!!!!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I was getting gas once and the guy in front of me was taking a long time, so I decided to back out of the pump area. What did I do... wasn''t paying attention and took my side mirror of my car off!! How embarrasing!
38.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hose? Hahahaha....

I don''t have one of my own off the top of my head, but a very good friend (who happens to be blonde), walked into a Subway sandwich shop and asked, "How big is your 6 inch sandwich?"

Now, she actually knew how LONG it was, but wanted to know how BIG (wide etc) it was. But it sounded so stupid that I died laughing. They guy just looked at her strangely and said "uh, six inches miss."

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Another friend of mine (I SWEAR!
2.gif
) and I walked into a room one day where an interpreter was signing (ASL) to a group of people, and my friend grabbed my arm and said excitedly, "Look! They''re blind!"
23.gif
20.gif
10.gif
*ALL-RIGHTY, then!!!! *

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is pretty lame. I go to WAWA, a great convenience store that has THE best hoagies. Go to the computer, select the hoagie I want. Print out the ticket, grab some other stuff and pay for everything. Got home unloaded my bag, and was like ummm, where''s the hoagie?? Did I go back and get it??? Nope!!!
20.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 8:49:46 PM
2.gif
) and I walked into a room one day where an interpreter was signing (ASL) to a group of people, and my friend grabbed my arm and said excitedly, ''Look! They''re blind!''
23.gif
20.gif
10.gif
*ALL-RIGHTY, then!!!! *
hey! at least the group couldn''t HEAR her!!! haha :D

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 7:19:05 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
well this is different, but it''s what popped in my head... I was at least 25 before I found out it was ''intents and purposes''. Prior to that I had ''intensive purposes'' LOL
Sara, I thought the exact same thing and, when I was typing dictation at a previous job, I actually typed it that way, too. When I got the edited sheets back from the manager and saw the written correction, I wanted to bump my head like the I-coulda-had-a-V8 commercials.

And...it was only a couple of years ago that I realized the sign for Target was actually...well, a target. My BF never let me live that one down...and neither did a co-worker who worked in another office. We had the best phone conversations and we "get" each others sense of humor and she laughed so hard when I told her. From that point on, whenever I sent her birthday or Christmas gifts I would cut the logo out of a Target bag and tape it where the return address would go. She knew immediately who it was from.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 8:49:46 PM
2.gif
) and I walked into a room one day where an interpreter was signing (ASL) to a group of people, and my friend grabbed my arm and said excitedly, ''Look! They''re blind!''
23.gif
20.gif
10.gif
*ALL-RIGHTY, then!!!! *
I am laughing so hard...I can''t type.

DKS

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 6:59:18 PM
Author: mercoledi
Things I''ve found in the refrigerator:

Box of cereal

Tv remote

I can''t wait for the day I lose my E-ring and it turns up there too.

I also once missed a meeting because I couldn''t get my car into reverse. I spent 30 minutes crying in the parking lot, repeatedly putting the car in gear and stalling out. That''s the day I learned that you have to take off the parking brake first...
BWWWAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!
Hysterical!!

One time when I arrived home from the grocery store, I put the Hamburger Helper box in the linen closet and the toilet paper in the pantry.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I was at a mall that I didn''t visit often and I was just casually browsing, going from store to store, and walked into one place that had a lot of leather coats, boots, and wallets but also had carved wooden items and decorations. I thought it was really cool so I said to the cashier, "I didn''t know there was a store here that had leather and wood items in the same store. How cool! What''s the name of this store?" She replied,(cooly, I might add) "Leather and Wood."
23.gif
20.gif

....a million dollars to have just been able to disappear.....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep leaving the lid on the washer up by mistake so then I have to rewash everything. It is so annoying.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
all these stories are lol hilarious!!!

i can''t think of one of my doh moments, but definitely had them before. maybe i''ll remember one later.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been known to leave something at home, go back for it, come in the house, do some stuff and leave again without what I came home for!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone ever go to the wrong restroom? I walked into the men''s room filled with Japanese execs from the conference I was attending. I could have snuck out unnoticed, but I yelped out something to the effect of "DOH!" and all these asian heads whipped around to stare at me. I felt like I was in some kind of surreal movie. Stark white bathroom with urinals to the left and right of me...asian men all dressed uniformly in dark suits looking wide-eyed at me through their wire framed lenses. Eek.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I was staying in a new town for work one summer, and wanted to get a card at a video rental store. This was before Netflix, and Blockbuster wasn''t as ubiquitous as it is now. I spotted a "Video Rental-all ratings" sign outside a small store on the highway, and decided to go there to get a membership. I went in with a guy I was sorta kinda not really dating (we''d dated in high school and he reeeally wanted to get back together...it''s another whole "doh" story I won''t get into here). Anyway, we walked in, and I thought it was a little odd how much smaller the store was inside than it looked from the outside. There were only a few shelves of videos in the front room where the desk was, then a wall with a door in it...do you see where this is going? I walked up to the desk and cheerfully announced that I wanted to apply for a rental card. The guy gave me a big smirk, and at the same time, my friend, who had frozen in the doorway, said, "Uh...you realize what kind of a store this is, right?"

It was then I spotted the name of the store, painted in giant red letters on the window: "EXXXtreme video."
10.gif

I turned bright red, yelped "Never mind!" and fled. I was sooo pissed at the guy I was with, because he hadn''t told me as soon as he realized what was going on, he wanted to see what I would do!
29.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 10:44:53 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have been known to leave something at home, go back for it, come in the house, do some stuff and leave again without what I came home for!

ha ha, I have done that lots of times too!

Hey, all these people with the "friend" stories, are you sure they aren''t you???
2.gif
27.gif
j/k. hehehe

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Several years ago I drove to the movies with a friend. I decided that I didn't want to bring my handbag in, so I took my wallet out and put my car keys in, as I didn't want to carry anything more than my wallet. I then put my handbag, with my keys, in my trunk. Needless to say, after I locked the doors, I realized that I had just rationally locked my keys in my car lol. It made sense for a moment!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results