shape
carat
color
clarity

You learn something new everyday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
My WHOLE life, I have thought trimming a Christmas tree meant you were actually TRIMMING it. You know, to make it more cone shaped or something. No no no....it means to DECORATE it, as I just found out today.

They say you learn something new everyday....what did you learn today?
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I teach Junior Achievement and we were going through Resources and Regions today. Going thru all 50 states I learned two things:

Illinois has the greatest concentration of land, water, and air transportation facilities in the entire world.
Indiana - the Hoosier State - implies that the state is full of uncultivated, hillbilly folk.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky star: I just learned from you.Had no idea also.thanks and yes we don''t stop learning which is Great....

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky star: I just learned from you.Had no idea also.thanks and yes we don''t stop learning which is Great....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Today I learned from a Turkish colleague that if the proposed new constitution goes through in Turkey, women will no longer be equal before the law, but a ''special group'' requiring ''special protection''. He says there''s no way in heck the secular elite will let it get through... but if they don''t, I wonder how they''ll stop it... Hmmmm... worrying.

Anyway, that''s what I learned today. That it might be a sad day for Turkish women.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
sorry my post posted twice ??? how to delete one??? Anyone knows??

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I learned that if someone bites you, tickling them almost always makes them to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results