shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you're a PSer when . . .

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've had threads like this in the past and they were always fun.

I was reminded of my PSer-ness when I awoke in a cold sweat this morning. I had a terrible nightmare last night that I had a new VC halo (around a HUGE AVC, I might add) and VC made it sans donut so my wedding band could fit flush. However, the joint between the head and the band was so small that the head became loose and started bending terribly. It was horrible! I made a thread (of course) and it started a whole new how-thin-is-too-thin debate, this time regarding halos.

The funniest thing is that I'm not a halo fan anymore, and I hate it when my rings sit flush! Maybe I have a split-ring personality.

SO . . . my contribution:

You know you're a PSer when . . . you have nightmares about engagement rings you don't even own.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a dream that all your teeth fall out in your hands, but when you look at your hands, it's full of diamonds instead....

And you're so happy that you have handfuls of diamonds that you don't care anymore that you don't have teeth.

:bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you're a PS'er when you are introduced to a woman and the first thing you do is look to see if she is wearing bling.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1339877574|3217823 said:
You know you're a PS'er when you are introduced to a woman and the first thing you do is look to see if she is wearing bling.
+1 I do that all the time!

You know you're a PSer when you look at someone's bling and you start mentally calculating diamond stats and how youd redesign that setting! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely, I do this too!

You know you're a PSer when you put your new diamond studs in the box they came in and carry it around the house with you just so you can constantly look at them. (I hope I'm not alone in this! :oops: :D )

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
junebug17|1339879726|3217845 said:

Absolutely, I do this too!

You know you're a PSer when you put your new diamond studs in the box they came in and carry it around the house with you just so you can constantly look at them. (I hope I'm not alone in this! :oops: :D )

Definitely not alone ;-)

You know you're a PSer when you set up a "stone garden" at your desk...

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1339878972|3217839 said:
+1 I do that all the time!

You know you're a PSer when you look at someone's bling and you start mentally calculating diamond stats and how youd redesign that setting! :lol:

+3 I may not have been on PriceScope that long, but I've had this obsessive type of behavior for years!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When 8mm diamonds no longer make you blink!!

When dirty bling makes you want to gag.. Then pull out your stash of Isopropyl Alcohol wipes out to "help" them.

When you cry inside when someone says they went to (insert another mall chain that sells Uncerted or Certed by "made up" companies... And over charge for their stuff!)

When you want to lecture everyone you know about having a REAL diamond education before buying.

When you cringe when someone says they're going to a friend or extended family member who is or knows a jeweler.

When someone says they value quality over size, and say they're going to (insert luxury chain corps).

Hehe.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!!! One more ;-)

When you get pissed off at your friends for buying jewelry without consulting with you first.. Especially guy friends that are planning to propose!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
madelise|1339889732|3217926 said:
When you cry inside when someone says they went to (insert another mall chain that sells Uncerted or Certed by "made up" companies... And over charge for their stuff!)

+1!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you dream that you look down at your eternity wedding band, and all the melee have fallen out. So relieved when I woke up!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skewed sense of prices and budgets is the biggest one for me, I think.

When I read or hear about people spending 30, 40k on a ring I don't blink - I just start to think about what sort of stone and setting they'll pick. When I tell DH about people spending 30, 40k on a ring he pauses and say's "holy **** that's a LOT". But, really, it doesn't seem like a LOT to me (anymore!) :-o

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1339902126|3218009 said:

When I read or hear about people spending 30, 40k on a ring I don't blink - I just start to think about what sort of stone and setting they'll pick. When I tell DH about people spending 30, 40k on a ring he pauses and say's "holy **** that's a LOT". But, really, it doesn't seem like a LOT to me (anymore!) :-o

Agree entirely. Such skewed perception of money when it comes to stones/jewelry. $300 used to feel like so much to spend on a pretty pendant... a third of a thousand dollars!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You change seats on the Metro/subway/library/doctor's office...etc....to get a better look at someobes's jewelry :-o

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when you can remember all the specs of your wife's diamonds.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these! They're so true!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your primary criteria for buying a P&S is the macro abilities.

On a note on how I must NOT be a PSer: my income level has increased a fair bit since I became a PSer but I still can't fathom paying in the 5 digits for one item. It's just too much at once. Overall, I have a fair bit of jewelry and all of it is worth $$$, but no way could I fork out 20K for a big rock. I still blink. I nearly had a heart attack the other day when I saw how prices on 1 c ACA stones had risen in the last 3 years.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:oops: When Gary Holloway brings an ASET scope to a PS GTG and you fall in love and realize you simply cannot live without it and then you bat your eyelashes at him until he agrees to give it you, then you beg some more and get John Pollard on your side so that you can justify taking his lighting box for the ASET too. :oops: Not that I resemble that remark or anything.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1339871361|3217776 said:
You have a dream that all your teeth fall out in your hands, but when you look at your hands, it's full of diamonds instead....

And you're so happy that you have handfuls of diamonds that you don't care anymore that you don't have teeth.

:bigsmile:

That's just bloody awesome.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1339902126|3218009 said:

THIS. Big time.

When you realise that your desired RHR (a three-stone Octavia) would cost upwards of $65 000...and that seems far off but achievable :o :???: :shock: :oops:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1339910934|3218071 said:
:oops: When Gary Holloway brings an ASET scope to a PS GTG and you fall in love and realize you simply cannot live without it and then you bat your eyelashes at him until he agrees to give it you, then you beg some more and get John Pollard on your side so that you can justify taking his lighting box for the ASET too. :oops: Not that I resemble that remark or anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1339914409|3218083 said:

Admittedly, I had BEG, Neatfreak, Clairtek and jstarfireb over tonight and for the first 20 minutes they were here we were all using the ASET on our bling. It was very enlightening! So it's not like it's not getting lots of love.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1339915886|3218091 said:
Echidna|1339914409|3218083 said:

Admittedly, I had BEG, Neatfreak, Clairtek and jstarfireb over tonight and for the first 20 minutes they were here we were all using the ASET on our bling. It was very enlightening! So it's not like it's not getting lots of love.

Sounds like my idea of a good time!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
When you begin to see and understand the different nuances between settings that look incredibly similar.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you are a PSer when you can share this dream here but probably wouldn't share it with anyone else because they wouldn't understand the panic it produced: I dreamed that my diamond chipped and when I looked at the chipped spot, there was a big black inclusion of some sort right in the same place. When I picked at it with my fingernail, it all started crumbling. I had never seen this place either through a loupe or on the cert but I wasn't worried because I had insurance. When the insurance company got the stone, they said they wouldn't cover it because the diamond was just junk anyway. So I had a chipped stone with a huge black cavity in it and that was what I was going to have to live with for the rest of my life. Good thing I woke up else I think I might have gone on to die in my sleep!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I do this too, and I have also had strange bling dreams.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of these are hitting a chord with me - check/check/check - yup, I think almost all of these thoughts!!! Thanks for the reassurance that I am 'normal' in the PS community! Its so true that our real life people just don't "GET" what its all about which makes sharing here so much more fun... and necessary!! :bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1339910134|3218063 said:
Your primary criteria for buying a P&S is the macro abilities.

On a note on how I must NOT be a PSer: my income level has increased a fair bit since I became a PSer but I still can't fathom paying in the 5 digits for one item. It's just too much at once. Overall, I have a fair bit of jewelry and all of it is worth $$$, but no way could I fork out 20K for a big rock. I still blink. I nearly had a heart attack the other day when I saw how prices on 1 c ACA stones had risen in the last 3 years.

I didn't have a huge budget for my new ring but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price for any size diamond. I felt like it was just too much to spend at this time. We aren't poor but we aren't rich either. The prices have risen so much since I joined PS. I can't justify paying so much money out. But hey, at least I won't get sucked into the upgrade obsession again :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, for sure. I even look at women in pictures, my eyes immediately try to spot her bling. :rodent:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this one: when you can immediately rattle off all your diamond's specs--color, clarity, exact carat weight, crown angle, pavilion angle, table, depth, and LGF--all from *memory* without having to look at the cert! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results