shape
carat
color
clarity

you can''t do that on television

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Les Lye, who played the adult in all the skits passed away. I LOVED this show when I was little. I don't have a huge distinct memory of it now, since I was so young when it was on, but I def. remember the lockers, and getting slimed and the brunette girl host of the show. Anyway, so sad that he passed away. It made me very nostalgic! I wish they would release the series on DVD...I would buy them all!

Are there any shows that make you nostalgic?

scooby-doo, she-ra, double-dare, fraggle rock are some of my all time favorite shows from my youth! And then kids, incorporated, Clarissa explains it all, perfect strangers, full house, my two dads, just the ten of us (basically all of TGIF) from when I was a bit older. I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking of....

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I remember that show. I watched all the shows that you mentioned. I get nostalgic more from smells though. I know that is kind of strange, but you know when fall comes and you smell that dead leaves smell. It always makes me nostalgic for going back to school. I always smelled that in the beginning of the school year growing up and I still remember that now. Also the smell of my grandmothers house.

Sorry about the thread jack.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVED You Can''t Do That On Television! I had a super huge crush on Allastair, I think I even wrote him a fan letter.

Punky Brewster, Today''s Special, and Reading Rainbow are the other shows that bring back some memories for me.

It took me a long time to get over not being able to eat marshmallows after the Today''s Special where they all shrunk and found themselves stuck in some sort of room with giant marshmallows--those mallows looked so good. Curse my vegetarian upbringing! Curse it! A little gelatin never hurt anyone, right?

And, I still refuse to wear matching socks to this day. Perhaps Punky has something to do with that, who knows?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED this show! I recently found some episides and openers if you google it, or on youtube. SUCH a great show!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 10:15:14 PM
Author: Haven
I LOVED You Can''t Do That On Television! I had a super huge crush on Allastair, I think I even wrote him a fan letter.

Punky Brewster, Today''s Special, and Reading Rainbow are the other shows that bring back some memories for me.

It took me a long time to get over not being able to eat marshmallows after the Today''s Special where they all shrunk and found themselves stuck in some sort of room with giant marshmallows--those mallows looked so good. Curse my vegetarian upbringing! Curse it! A little gelatin never hurt anyone, right?

And, I still refuse to wear matching socks to this day. Perhaps Punky has something to do with that, who knows?
Oh....I LOVED punky brewster! Growing up I looked a lot like her and even had a multicolor denim jacket that looked like hers! I so wanted to be Punky!

I think I could still sing the entire theme song to reading rainbow....haha!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That makes me so sad! I love that show!

I also loved Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Punky Brewster, and (of course) Saved By The Bell!!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 11:16:09 AM
Author: Tuckins1
That makes me so sad! I love that show!

I also loved Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Punky Brewster, and (of course) Saved By The Bell!!
I loved YCDTOT!!!!! and all the ones Tuckins mentioned.

Some others that come to mind are:

Pete & Pete
Ren & Stimpy
Clarissa Explains it All
Does Full House, count? DH and I still watch that along with Saved By the Bell whenever they are on TV

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I went to the website and read all the show descriptions...what a walk down memory lane! It doesn''t seem like so much time has gone by, but it has!

I''m feeling all nostalgic and old.......

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVED that show. I also watched Rags to Riches and Girl Talk in that same era, but when I was younger watched Punky Brewster and a lot of cartoons - Silverhawks, Strawberry Shortcake, Get-along Gang and My Little Pony lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results