shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another reason to always buy with cash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.wesh.com/money/20000575/detail.html

What are your thoughts on bargain shopping on a credit card? I usually use my debit card or cash in thrift stores, but I''ve been known to throw down the old visa at WalMart on occasion...

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
WTF? That is bizarre! I don''t have any credit cards anymore, just use a debit card. Man, interest rate on where you buy your stuff? Geesh...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That''s crazy. I can''t say I really shop at many discount stores ... I just shop less often at non-discount stores, but I''ll keep this in mind!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well remember, stores like KMart, WalMart, Target, Ross, etc are all considered discount stores. So you might not even know you shop there.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 4:05:23 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk

What are your thoughts on bargain shopping on a credit card? I usually use my debit card or cash in thrift stores, but I''ve been known to throw down the old visa at WalMart on occasion...
Just making it clickable.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 4:24:26 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Well remember, stores like KMart, WalMart, Target, Ross, etc are all considered discount stores. So you might not even know you shop there.
Believe it or not, I don't shop at any of those stores more than once a year if that
2.gif
I only really go to the grocery store ... exciting life I lead
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 4:26:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Thanks, after all of these years on PS I still don''t know how to do that!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Really?

This is not good for me. Discount shopping is my middle name. If I buy all my good work shoes at Nordstrom full price, does that make up for the rest of my clothes that come from Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and the Goodwill?

PS: HH- if you type in the web address and then hit the space key at the end, it should given it an underline and render it "clickable". At least that''s what works for me.
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I often spend time in bars... what does that say about me?
embeer.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 4:29:13 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 7/27/2009 4:26:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

What are your thoughts on bargain shopping on a credit card? I usually use my debit card or cash in thrift stores, but I've been known to throw down the old visa at WalMart on occasion...

Thanks, after all of these years on PS I still don't know how to do that!

I don't know how well I'll be able to explain this, but when you want to make a link clickable, highlight and copy the link. Then, in the post edit box, click the icon 7th from the right (looks almost like the infinty symbol, just a closed link) and paste the link again in the URL and title. Or put some text in the title and leave the actual address in the URL box.

Usually I'll just copy and paste a link, press the space bar, and PS makes it auto-clickable.
1.gif

Try it with this one. www.yahoo.com
1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in Canada, and this doesn''t apply, but I think the idea is absolutely scandalous! So lower income families or single parent families who are shopping at thrift stores are now going to be further discriminated against? This is wrong on many levels, and not just for people who need to shop at these stores. I know a lot of people who do crafts and use these stores to gather materials for their business (think Etsy vendors into recycling). It''s ridiculous. My very wealthy BIL/SIL *only* shop with credit cards to gain rewards programs that end up granting them free trips every year because they spend so much. They pay off their bills monthly too. They don''t care where they shop. Obviously not the thrift stores, but Walmart type stores yes. I guess the credit crunch is responsible. It''s better not to use credit too. I just think this is crazy in general.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Unbelievable! Looks like I need to keep more cash on me. That''s just crazy!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
We got a refund when husband and I try to put extra money in our credit card accounts. We try to do that because we sometimes forget to pay the bill and the interest on our card are crazy. I believe by refunding us the extra money in our account, the credit card companies make sure that they can apply the heavy interest when we forget. That''s why we switch back to use our debit/credit card. Don''t have to pay a penny with our bank debit cards.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay that''s insane and should dam*ed well be illegal. I hate credit card companies. The more I hear about them, the less I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results