shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another e-bay return issue/LOGR

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone recently tried to return a purchase to LOGR? I am having a possible return issue and wondered if anyone else had trouble getting a refund.

I ordered a semi mount last month, it 'should have been' like a ring I had ordered from them 3 years ago, same style, but a different shape...but the quality of the new setting was much lower and it was a thinned down version of the previous ring.

Their return policy is 30 days, unconditional, so the same day I got the ring, I contacted them and told them it is far too 'dainty' (being 'nice') and explained that I had to return it. They replied and gave me an address in Boston, said to return it through the USPS, and asked that I insure it for $500 - which would automatically include insurance, so 'no need for delivery confirmation' - but I added that anyway, as it was over $500 and I do not want the hassle of an insurance claim with the USPS if there was a dispute or if it was 'lost' in the mail.

It was sent from my local post office on Saturday and arrived to the return address today at 4:00 pm, but no one was there to sign for it...the carrier left a notice for them to arrange delivery...so now I am waiting to hear from the seller.

I contacted them several times, once on Saturday, notifying them of the return and twice today, this morning and this afternoon, telling them it was arriving today...they have not replied.

So, were they trying to pull a fast one by asking me to not have a delivery confirmation (signature) and then just telling me it had been lost, so I'd have to file an insurance claim? Or did I screw up by requesting a signature, when their hours may be different than normal business hours?

Either way, I have submitted an inquiry through Paypal...if it gets that far, I know I will get a refund, if I have to file a formal complaint, but has anyone had this kind of thing happen before? Where the seller DIDN'T want to sign for a somewhat expensive package/return?

Thanks...

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
***I do need to clarify something too... I didn't realize he had implied that I *not* ask for delivery confirmation, until this evening, when I reread his message. He said there was 'no need' to request it, but since I always send $$ packages with a signature confirmation, I did what I normally do and added that with the insurance. it wasn't until later today that I realized, he backwardly said for me to not have it sent with a signature confirmation.***

Should this make a difference? He hasn't replied to my messages either...so I had no chance to even explain I had in fact sent it with a signature/conf. req.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the link Ruby... I see that is a seller forum, since I am a buyer, will I be able to ask questions there?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
At this point I think it's way to early to worry, Ara Ann. I had a similar experience with a return, and within a couple of days LOGR refunded my money, without any additional emails from them. By requiring a signature, you've probably created a bit of a delay for yourself, but I don't doubt it will all get sorted out shortly.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
It is the most active board. They take all kinds of questions. Even though you are a buyer, they will know how to advise you.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I'd also recommend asking over in Colored Stones. Lots of CS-ers use LOGR and I think are pretty well versed in working with them. Good luck!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1323736857|3080117 said:
At this point I think it's way to early to worry, Ara Ann. I had a similar experience with a return, and within a couple of days LOGR refunded my money, without any additional emails from them. By requiring a signature, you've probably created a bit of a delay for yourself, but I don't doubt it will all get sorted out shortly.

This is what I was wanting to hear...that others have returned items without issue and without further e-mails from them.

I was concerned because they hadn't replied to my messages, once I initiated the return and then they didn't sign for the return. Those two things together made me nervous.

Hopefully they will get it today from the post office. :))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I think maybe they are saying no need to request a signature confirmation since USPS will require that when you insure $200 or more anyway which cost almost $3.00, you can just use a normal delivery confirmation which cost $0.70 or something?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have had to return a setting with them and it took forever for them to respond to even approve the return. I had to end up calling them when I didn't get a response after several weeks. The guy I spoke with was very apologetic and sent me an email right away. Once I sent the setting back, it took at least a few days after they received it for my return to be processed, so I agree with Aoife that it is definitely too soon to worry. They are a pretty well-known eBay company and I doubt they are trying to pull a fast one on you.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
My DH bought me a "pink" tourmaline ring from them for my wedding gift and it was SO flimsy, brown, etc. that we both agreed that we wanted to return it. We sent the same way you did and had the same issue of it being at the post office waiting to be picked up. I emailed and called to tell them that they needed to get it from the post office (I think that's why they don't want delivery confirmation, so they don't have to make the trip down there). Anyhow, within a couple of days he sent us an apologetic email saying he was going to the post office that day and we received our refund about a week after the package was marked delivered.

I don't think they're trying to scam you at all, I think they're just not in a hurry to pick up packages and do refunds. :| HTH!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies!!! :wavey:

I feel a lot better now...thanks for sharing your experiences. It's just a lot of money (to me anyway) and especially at this time of the year...hard to wait for a reply from them and not be a little bit worried in the meantime. :???:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to clarify one point. If the OP bought this item from ebay there are certain protocol she must follow in order to be protected under ebay / paypal rules. If you return an item, you must get permission from the seller first. Any item over $250 must have signature confirmation, so the seller cannot come back and say they never received it.

Lord of the Gems might not want to have to go to the Post Office to retrieve the item, but the OP did everything right under ebay / paypal rules to protect her rights as a buyer.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1323799258|3080563 said:
I just wanted to clarify one point. If the OP bought this item from ebay there are certain protocol she must follow in order to be protected under ebay / paypal rules. If you return an item, you must get permission from the seller first. Any item over $250 must have signature confirmation, so the seller cannot come back and say they never received it.

Lord of the Gems might not want to have to go to the Post Office to retrieve the item, but the OP did everything right under ebay / paypal rules to protect her rights as a buyer.

good to know.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1323799258|3080563 said:

Thanks for sharing that info Ruby!! :wavey:

And good news! The package has been accepted, so it got there safely!!! :razz: Now just waiting on the refund part. :|

Thanks again everyone for holding my hand through this. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results