shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you wear a diamond solitaire as a single woman?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain - those pictures are really quite humbling...

Yes, I wore a marquise solitaire on my RH ring finger for years. It was something I bought for myself in a Thanksgiving sale when I was 24 & visiting the US from the UK. It was a bargain! I sold it on when I lived in New Zealand around 10 years ago.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1385913351|3565586 said:
anners11|1385903947|3565553 said:
I do and this is something that I've thought about a lot. I have 3 diamond rings that I wear and I only wear one at a time either on my left hand middle finger or my right hand ring finger. Technically I only have one solitaire but I still wear it on my left hand middle finger. What I've decided is that if a man is deterred/intimidated by my rings then he certainly won't be able to deal with my career (physician), my independence, or my personality in general. So I kind of look at my bling as a screening tool :naughty:

How funny. I'd think it was the opposite. In other words, any guy that came up to me, saw a ring on my left finger, and proceeded to flirt or ask me out would be kind of a jerk in general, since I'd imagine he would assume I was married or engaged already but didn't care.

Anners doesn't wear her rings on her left-hand ring finger, as far as I can tell by her post!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Alex T|1385933473|3565726 said:
Andelain - those pictures are really quite humbling...

Yes, I wore a marquise solitaire on my RH ring finger for years. It was something I bought for myself in a Thanksgiving sale when I was 24 & visiting the US from the UK. It was a bargain! I sold it on when I lived in New Zealand around 10 years ago.

They're not meant to humble anyone, they're just meant to show that you can enjoy your bling even if you're not in the best place. Those were taken in Iraq.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not like a tiffany solitaire. I but one with nice shoulders or an antque style I would.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
If I were single and could easily afford it, I would rock a 2.5 carat super-ideal D VS2 on my fourth right-hand finger like nobody's business! (Since in my culture, the right hand is nothing to do with weddings.)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I was single I wore a solitaire on my right hand sometimes. A lot of times I wore an antique ballet ring on my left ring finger. I didn't really care what anyone thought. If I definitely wanted to give off the single vibe I wouldn't have worn either.

Life is too short to not enjoy your bling.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a single woman I did not, but my first diamond came from DH and I barely wore rings before engagement as it was. If I did wear a ring I did not wear ANY ring on "the" finger as I feel that to do so is misleading (sorry, just my opinion). If something were to happen between DH and I such that he died I would probably still wear my wedding set until I was ready to not wear it, which may be never. If we were getting a divorce I would likely want to dissociate myself from the institution of marriage as far as possible and would not wear anything on "the" finger. I may however rock a RHR and it may or may not be a diamond solitaire.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Yup absolutely! Especially if it was a family heirloom. I'm a sucker for jewelry that has emotional ties as well.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like you're style & I agree - bling would brighten my face in almost any circumstances. They're great pics :))

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Sure, I'd wear a solitaire on my right ring finger, or any other finger, for that matter. :appl: :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have done so, but then again, I tend to buck tradition.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I used to wear my grandmother's solitaire on my right hand sometimes before I got married, but never on my left hand. By the time she gave it to me, I was seriously dating my then-boyfriend and I didn't want any confusion about our engagement status.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm single and I wear a seven carat sapphire on my right hand and a succession of other rings on my left. The only exception is that when I wear my halo (ering from previous marriage), I switch them. I don't really like to wear it on my left (where it lived for a long time), but I also don't want it to sit in the jewelry box unloved until it's reset into a three stone either! It's a beautiful stone (my first PS piece).

I agree with Anners. If someone is interested in me, it's not my jewelry that's going to be problem. I'm successful and my jewelry reflects that.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
I would on either hand. I actually prefer left for comfort.

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
I would but not on my left ring finger. I'm a bit traditional in that regard. To me that finger is for an engagement/wedding ring only.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, hells, yes! :)

I'd wear it wherever and whenever I damn well please.

I do notice though, that some of my single friends don't seem to want to buy themselves diamond rings.

If I were doing marketing for DeBeers, I would target single women, there's a lot of room for growth there.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You bet your sweet bippy!

Go for it, if it's something you're considering. Solitaires are so lovely, why should only the engaged and married wear them?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
In my late teens and early 20s I wore an art deco engagement ring with a small .20 diamond in it on my left hand. My step grandmother gave it to me :)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1388974739|3587139 said:
You bet your sweet bippy!

Go for it, if it's something you're considering. Solitaires are so lovely, why should only the engaged and married wear them?

Begonia, I have not heard (or seen) that saying in such a long time. My mom used to say it. :)) Thank you for the smile!

Back to the subject: I would have worn a solitaire on my right hand, when I was single. But, if it was high set, it would not be an every day ring. Being right handed, I think the high set stone would have bugged me and I would have been worried about causing harm to the ring or stone (but I have to admit, I'm a natural born klutz!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results