shape
carat
color
clarity

would you swallow a goldfish for $25 bucks?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my friends offered me $25 bucks to swallow a goldfish and i chicken out... :oops:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
With Hollandaise or Salsa Verde? :bigsmile:

No way, aside from the obvious moral aspect, I don't like the idea of eating whitebait because its whole, so a goldfish is a definate no.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
How big is the goldfish? :$$):

Just kidding! But if I were in deperate need of money to feed my family than yes.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope - at least not for a mere $25... if you up the ante with a comma and a whole lot more zeros, we could strike a deal!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would do a lot of things for a dare... I cross the line at eating things that should not be eaten! (bugs, fish.. spiders..)

yuk yuk yuk.

Also, it's just not nice.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Considering I don't eat ANY type of meat, hell no! That's horrible. I hope you didn't do it, either.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
No thanks, I'd rather do without whatever I was going to spend the money on. Honestly it sounds like something a teenage boy would do. :knockout: Like a PP said, the only way I'd do it is if for some freak reason that was the ONLY way I could make any money and I needed to feed my family. Even then, ugh.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think there's a price tag for EVERYTHING (given the price tags vary person to person).
$25 is not my price tag for swallowing a goldfish. But I do have a price tag in mind.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1327450973|3110909 said:
I think there's a price tag for EVERYTHING (given the price tags vary person to person).
$25 is not my price tag for swallowing a goldfish. But I do have a price tag in mind.
how about 50 bucks? 100 bucks?... :lol:

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I'd do it for $200. I'm not sure how my stomach/throat would react but I'd give it the best try I could.... and I think I'd succeed.

Seeing as how I'm 23 and still a student of some sort, I'm not far from the stupid college boy who would do this for free. I know of several guys who would do it for $25. Just give 'em a bottle of jack to wash it down with. :naughty:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1327453282|3110944 said:
OCgirl|1327450973|3110909 said:
how about 50 bucks? 100 bucks?... :lol:

Higher....... :lol: :naughty:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I eat fish, but I dislike the thought of killing a goldfish just for a dare. So no. And 25$ is pitiful to get me to do anything. Although........ Believe it or not, one of my husband's friends drank his own PEE for 100$. He was very drunk, but hearing that story the story grosses me out.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
allycat0303|1327460588|3111053 said:
I eat fish, but I dislike the thought of killing a goldfish just for a dare.

Ditto. And you didn't chicken out; you stood up for what you thought was right instead of caving into peer pressure.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Fi knows a guy who was pepper sprayed for $25. Bad decision.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LJL|1327458332|3111016 said:
I'd do it for $200. I'm not sure how my stomach/throat would react but I'd give it the best try I could.... and I think I'd succeed.

Seeing as how I'm 23 and still a student of some sort, I'm not far from the stupid college boy who would do this for free. I know of several guys who would do it for $25. Just give 'em a bottle of jack to wash it down with. :naughty:
:lol:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No. Yuck.

There's a dish in Vietnam my dad told me about (I'm sure some of you've heard of it). I always forget the name (mercifully) but it's fertilized chicken eggs that have been left that way in the ground. :errrr:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1327473644|3111179 said:
No. Yuck.

There's a dish in Vietnam my dad told me about (I'm sure some of you've heard of it). I always forget the name (mercifully) but it's fertilized chicken eggs that have been left that way in the ground. :errrr:

Are you referring to Balut?
I often saw them for sale on the streets of The Philippines.
No, I didn't try one . . . no matter HOW much beer I drank.

Often I smelled them :knockout: when riding on "Victory Liners", the local public bus.

Wikisnip . . .

"A balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell.

Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors in the regions where they are available.

It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines.
They are common, everyday food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos (where it is called kai luk – ໄຂ່ລູກ), Thailand (khai khao – ไข่ข้าว in Thai), Cambodia (pong tea khon ពងទាកូន in Cambodian)[1] and Vietnam (trứng vịt lộn or hột vịt lộn in Vietnamese).
They are often served with beer."

balut.jpg

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, that is actually a very popular street food in the Philippines. They can't keep up with demand in some parts due to the difficulty of serving it right (supposedly it has to be served exactly 18 days after it was laid to be optimal).

Its profitable for the farmers as they get 3 times as much per egg if they have a way to turn it into Balut. Most don't, it is a central distributor that does the incubating etc and the profit is from the spread between the wholesale cost of the egg and the street vendor purchase price from the Balut hatchery or whatever.

I've never eaten one, I find it offensive to eat embryos, but then again I eat lamb and veal so... I think if a life is taken for the purpose of food, it is debatably fine.

Still, I would not swallow that goldfish. Yes there IS a price in my mind to do it, but it is a hell of a lot higher than $25 (probably FCD pricing we're thinking).

If anyone does it to the poor fish, i hope it was killed first. Then it is just eating a fish. Although, in nature, most fish that get eaten are swallowed whole and slowly digested anyway... I mean we are better than that, but I'm just thinking aloud here.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Never. It's just cruel to let a live fish be slowly dissolved by stomach acid.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, touché!

But life is disgusting sometimes- I find that picture so horrifying. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to smell it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. There are more enjoyable things to do for a quick $25 :devil:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1327505020|3111345 said:
Nope. There are more enjoyable things to do for a quick $25 :devil:

OMG, you went there. LOL! That's what I was thinking although personally I'd never do that either (not that there's anything wrong with it IMHO- it's just something I never wanted to do- I don't care if other people do it).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results