shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you like your jewelry to smell like comfort food?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
I stumbled upon this website today that makes necklaces, earrings, and pendants that smell like food. Want to enjoy ice cream without it going straight to your hips how about wearing it on your neck? No time for breakfast this morning no problem just catch a whiff of your waffle drizzled with maple syrup ring! Is this the next great thing since scented markers? Would you buy this?
http://tinyhandsonline.com

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. And I think it's weird.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it'll just make me hungrier and yes it's weird.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it reminds me too much of lip gloss for children that has a fruity smell to appeal to them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're kind of cute! Reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake dolls from when I was little. And yes, scented lip glosses. And scratch 'n' sniff books and stickers. Why NOT jewelry? Whoever invented these has to be someone who was a kid in the 80s and remembers all that stuff!

Maybe I'm the only one who gets it. It's fun, it's twee, it's cute for kids and if my daughter came to me and wanted something like this I'd definitely buy it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was totally mis-imagining what this would be - I pictured, say, an amethyst solitaire ring that smelled like grape soda - which I do think would be weird.

Now having checked out that link, I really think only very young girls would like it - and if that's the intended audience, I guess it's okay - but frankly I still think it is weird, if not more so - I admit I have something against making adornments in the likeness of these kinds of food items (with or without accompanying fragrance), as opposed to nature/plant/fruit-inspired jewelry.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64|1392851095|3618876 said:
They're kind of cute! Reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake dolls from when I was little. And yes, scented lip glosses. And scratch 'n' sniff books and stickers. Why NOT jewelry? Whoever invented these has to be someone who was a kid in the 80s and remembers all that stuff!

Maybe I'm the only one who gets it. It's fun, it's twee, it's cute for kids and if my daughter came to me and wanted something like this I'd definitely buy it.
As a child of 80's i do remember all of that fondly. I am going to another birthday party soon but this time for a 5 year old girl. She loves jewelry and loves to walk around the house in her mom's jewels usually without permission! I could really see her liking this and keeping out of mom's jewelry box !!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're adorable and would be so cute for little girls! My daughter would have loved them when she was little. I'm trying to lose a few pounds so have been watching what I eat, and the pics made me really hungry :cheeky: - am I alone here? :oops:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hospatogi|1392855028|3618913 said:

As a child of 80's i do remember all of that fondly. I am going to another birthday party soon but this time for a 5 year old girl. She loves jewelry and loves to walk around the house in her mom's jewels usually without permission! I could really see her liking this and keeping out of mom's jewelry box !!

My niece's 6th birthday party is this Sunday. I'm glad you posted this because I'm going to try to get her one of the necklaces in time! She will love it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the description for the sno-cone pendant:

You've donned your favorite shorts and halter top combo, teased your hair into natural summer waves, and slipped into those funky gladiators you bought last week - almost ready for that exciting first date down at the beach. But, there's something missing.
One teeny tiny accessory that screams cool no matter how hard the sun beats down, or threatens to melt your lip-gloss. With its exuberant strips of red, yellow, green and blue, Tiny Hands' Scented Snow Cone Necklace is an all out festival of color and fun – the perfect way to express your buoyant and lively personality!

Are you forever stuck inside a sweltering classroom or office during the summer months? Take a break from the heat with Tiny Hands' coolest of wearable iced treats. A childhood fantasy of flavored ice shavings, and sunny hues, this demure, 1 inch Scented Snow Cone Necklace packs more than just a visual punch.

Scented with a combination of intoxicatingly sweet and fruity flavours, it's a cocktail of scents as young, fun and vivacious as you are. This irresistible pendant charm has been lovingly crafted by Mei from polymer clay, then mounted upon a printed paper cone, which just adds to its authenticity. Mounted upon a glistening sterling silver chain of about 18 inches, it has just the right amount of sparkle to take you from beach to pool party chic!

Obviously she's marketing to tweens and younger girls. I still think they're all adorable. I can't decide which one to get!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh... that kind of food. I was imagining my rings smelling like steak and fried chicken and pizza and shaking my head, haha.

I think sweet smelling fun jewelry for little kids is really cute! I loved my strawberry shortcake dolls.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1392864751|3619024 said:
No, I'd not buy something that might make me eat more... !!!

I know - I'm getting hungry just looking at them, imagine if I was smelling them too? :)

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1392866475|3619048 said:

I know - I'm getting hungry just looking at them, imagine if I was smelling them too? :)
I read somewhere that smelling something yummy tricks your brain into feeling like you have eaten it and helps you feel fuller. I have a bath and shower gel from Philosophy called Cinnamon Buns. The scent only lasts in the shower but it really starts my day off right!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Kinda tempting if someone is being a bit picky with a ring on Rockytalky to ask whether a Scented Shortcake Heart Cookie Ring might be more to their taste. I'll restrain myself though.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Polished|1392867575|3619061 said:
Kinda tempting if someone is being a bit picky with a ring on Rockytalky to ask whether a Scented Shortcake Heart Cookie Ring might be more to their taste. I'll restrain myself though.
That would be hilarious! When I was 6 a boy in my class gave me a Ring Pop and said I was his girl. That lasted til recess when I found out he gave ring pops to three other girls too hahaha! Oh how my taste has evolved!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty said:
Oh... that kind of food. I was imagining my rings smelling like steak and fried chicken and pizza and shaking my head, haha.

I think sweet smelling fun jewelry for little kids is really cute! I loved my strawberry shortcake dolls.

Yep, ditto. My comfort foods all involve garlic!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1392870551|3619089 said:
ForteKitty said:

Exactly.

I can't imagine walking around smelling of chicken and dumplings. Or mashed potatoes. Or spaghetti. Or fried chicken. ICK.

Fruit smells, sure. Flowers. Okay.

But comfort foods? NO.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1392872956|3619110 said:
Circe|1392870551|3619089 said:
ForteKitty said:

Exactly.

I can't imagine walking around smelling of chicken and dumplings. Or mashed potatoes. Or spaghetti. Or fried chicken. ICK.

Fruit smells, sure. Flowers. Okay.

But comfort foods? NO.
Then I'm guessing this would be a NO for you hehe.
http://tinyhandsonline.com/scented-pretzel-necklace.html

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64|1392857639|3618956 said:
Hospatogi|1392855028|3618913 said:

My niece's 6th birthday party is this Sunday. I'm glad you posted this because I'm going to try to get her one of the necklaces in time! She will love it.
Looks like a lot of their items are custom made so it takes about two weeks to order the item. You can contact them for rush orders. Not sure with this weather if you will get it by Sunday. This one seems to be in stock though and looks cute ! Just don't sign up for the monthy subscription at the bottom.
http://tinyhandsonline.com/necklace-of-the-month-club.html

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi|1392866985|3619056 said:

I read somewhere that smelling something yummy tricks your brain into feeling like you have eaten it and helps you feel fuller. I have a bath and shower gel from Philosophy called Cinnamon Buns. The scent only lasts in the shower but it really starts my day off right!
that stuff makes me want cinnamon rolls so bad that i had to stop buying it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup!! Me too. No way. I eat too much as it is. Don't need any more encouragement.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
After giving this a bit more thought, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have my comfort food smell like jewelry :lol: ;-)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh ok here I was thinking it was a company that like I could send my avc ring in and have them put a coffee scent on it or something. It's for kids, so yeah, I think it's cute. I can see my daughter and her friends being into these, and I can picture myself wanting those necklaces as a little girl.

Do I want stuff like that now? No. I have enough weight to lose already-I don't need to smell donuts all day long.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's actually really cute!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1392929007|3619502 said:
Oooooh ok here I was thinking it was a company that like I could send my avc ring in and have them put a coffee scent on it or something. It's for kids, so yeah, I think it's cute. I can see my daughter and her friends being into these, and I can picture myself wanting those necklaces as a little girl.

Do I want stuff like that now? No. I have enough weight to lose already-I don't need to smell donuts all day long.
Could you imagine asking Jonathan to add a coffee scent to your AVC ? Haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results