shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst Date Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 12:10:51 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
OMG Lumpkin, that sounds just like my ex bf....actually it sounds a lot like our first date...
Thank goodness he''s your EX boyfriend. Seriously!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:33:17 AM
Author: Rebot
I only wish that I could remember all of the details of the worst date ever. I really should call my roommate at the time so I can give you all of the details, but here it goes. This is a true story.

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life when I was 22 or 23. My friend got a new job in Eau Clair, WI and convinced me to move out there and get a job. One of the trainers at my new gym asked me out. He wasn''t really my type, but he was cute and I was bored so I said ok.

He picks me up at my apartment and when we walk out to the car and there are two baby seats in the back. OK, I was surprised he never mentioned his kids when we talked at the gym but whatever. I get in and notice the garter hanging from the rear view mirror. Then he flicked a switch and the underside of the car glowed a bright blue. I should have known right then.

He then takes me to the college pool hall because they have free pool. After a couple of games we go to the bar for a drink. We meet up with some of his friends who start making racist comments about any and everyone who isn''t white. I tell him that isn''t my thing and get up to call my roommate to come get me. He comes up and says they really aren''t his friends. He then asks me to go and talk to one of his friends (a girl) who is crying in the bathroom. Dumb as I am, I went. She was crying because her husband showed up at the bar and threatened to beat up her boyfriend that she had brought. She said that her husband beat her and she was trying to leave him. I said we would take her home.

We get into the car and she''s in the backseat between the car seats. The husband comes out and all of a sudden we have a car chase through the city. We were squealing around corners while the garter was swinging back and forth all while the car was glowing an eerie blue. We finally lost him and somehow end up at another corner bar where the girl was meeting up with her boyfriend. I thought we were dropping her off and then I was going home.

We get into the bar and the story of the car chase quickly spread. All of a sudden, my date and I are hero''s for saving her. The entire bar starts chanting kiss, kiss, kiss I tried to ignore it, but they wouldn''t stop so I give him a peck and the crowd went wild. He leaned over and whispered in my ear about tucking me in later. I told him that I didn''t need anyone to tuck me in and instead of getting it he winks and whispers to me ''that will give us something to look forward to on the second date''

Let''s just say I felt a little awkward running into him at the gym after that.

OMG, I''ve known guys like this!!! They thrive on violence and drama. Fortunately I never got involved with anyone like that, but unfortunately have known other women who have. Horrible. That definitey tops my worst date. Glad you got out of it unharmed.
emcrook.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I went out on a pseudo-date once with a guy that was (surprisingly) a guy I had known for 3-4 years. He''d always had a crush on me although I wasn''t really intrested, but when my guy and I broke up, I thought I should keep an open mind. Plus I knew him so no maniac story.

Anyways we went to coffee, and he says to me: "I just want it to be clear that my wife is going to do the dishes."

and at that point, whatever, it''s funny no big deal.

I said "I do the dishes after I cook." anyways he then says:

"no you don''t. You put them in the dishwasher which is totally unacceptable. You''re going to do them by hand."

And so I''m like, ok, maybe (and this is a big maybe because remember I KNOW him) it''s a conservation/envrionmental thing.

and he tells me "It''s a waste of money to use a dishwasher and you''re lazy because you can''t be bothered to do them by hand. I''m not going to pay for that."

And this point I say "I plan on making enough money to pay for a dishwasher, detergent and water fees."

And he says "No wife of mine is going to question my money decisions."

Enlightening how you find out the weirdest things about your friends. I didn''t know he was sooo...women have their place and men have their place. Bizarre. Oh he did concede that I could have a dishwasher if I only used it for special occasions. Needless to say I laughed my butt off. First why is he assuming we''re getting married? And why is he assuming he can tell me to do ANYTHING? Agh. Actually end of friendship, end of pseudo date.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 5:46:05 PM
Author: allycat0303
Well I went out on a pseudo-date once with a guy that was (surprisingly) a guy I had known for 3-4 years. He''d always had a crush on me although I wasn''t really intrested, but when my guy and I broke up, I thought I should keep an open mind. Plus I knew him so no maniac story.

Anyways we went to coffee, and he says to me: ''I just want it to be clear that my wife is going to do the dishes.''

and at that point, whatever, it''s funny no big deal.

I said ''I do the dishes after I cook.'' anyways he then says:

''no you don''t. You put them in the dishwasher which is totally unacceptable. You''re going to do them by hand.''

And so I''m like, ok, maybe (and this is a big maybe because remember I KNOW him) it''s a conservation/envrionmental thing.

and he tells me ''It''s a waste of money to use a dishwasher and you''re lazy because you can''t be bothered to do them by hand. I''m not going to pay for that.''

And this point I say ''I plan on making enough money to pay for a dishwasher, detergent and water fees.''

And he says ''No wife of mine is going to question my money decisions.''

Enlightening how you find out the weirdest things about your friends. I didn''t know he was sooo...women have their place and men have their place. Bizarre. Oh he did concede that I could have a dishwasher if I only used it for special occasions. Needless to say I laughed my butt off. First why is he assuming we''re getting married? And why is he assuming he can tell me to do ANYTHING? Agh. Actually end of friendship, end of pseudo date.
What a weirdo!
23.gif
In what era does he live in?? Since when does dating absolutely implies getting married, and any girl would get weirded out by a guy who tells them they absolutely have to do the dishes, can''t use a dishwasher or question money decisions... Yikes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, he sounds like a class A jerk off...

He says you are soft and then complains you did not clean your plate? What a weirdo and a nasty one at that!

You must have good willpower to resist his romantic come on line about being horny when he does coke and needing someone around to help out...what a charmer!
2.gif

Wonder if he is still on the look out for a firm bodied girl who eats but is still fit and likes men on drugs...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 9:26:55 PM
Author: diamondfan
Lumpkin, he sounds like a class A jerk off...

He says you are soft and then complains you did not clean your plate? What a weirdo and a nasty one at that!

You must have good willpower to resist his romantic come on line about being horny when he does coke and needing someone around to help out...what a charmer!
2.gif

Wonder if he is still on the look out for a firm bodied girl who eats but is still fit and likes men on drugs...
You know, I hadn''t thought about this in YEARS!!! Kinda had it filed away in the long forgotten "Bad Dates" file. I''m so glad I married my husband. He''s such a wonderful man. I need to remind myself of just what a gentleman and loving person he is when I''m annoyed with him for something inconsequential like leaving used glasses and cups around the house.
9.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
My worst date ever was meeting a guy from match.com
I knew right away I wasn''t interested, he was touchy feely when we went to go get coffee. Touching my back like we''ve been dating for months and I barely knew the guy.
I was nice and stayed to talk, he said I reminded him of Angelina Jolie in my attitude. blah blah blah! Some how it got into a conversation of strength, I said I''m really strong I bet I can lift you up, so I did.... Well he got the wrong impression about me, thought I was going to put out or something. I put him down and he just went for it shoved his tongue down my throat and I was really turned off and was surprised he did that, so I pulled away and he grabbed my wrist.
6.gif

I was so scared, I thought I was going to be raped, so I ripped my arm away and paniced to find my keys and I sped off with no lights going 55mph in a 35.
I swore that I was never ever go on another Match.com date again!! and I didn''t, because I had already met my future FI on there a couple weeks earlier.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I haven''t had any dates as bad as all that! At least none where the guy was on drugs, seriously demented or involving a car chase - the only bad date stories are those with the poor boys who weren''t so blessed in the brains category and ended up telling me the exact same story 5 times over the course of one date.

I did have a creepy story from high school. There was a boy who had the locker next to mine (we generally had the same lockers all 4 years of high school unless you trade with someone) and so we would chit chat about our days / the silliness of high school / etc. Back in those days we would "decorate" our lockers - put up paper and pictures on the inside of the door. Well all of a sudden the boy starts being totally jerky to me for no reason. Finally, he stops talking to me all together. I ask him what the heck his problem is and he storms off. Later in the day he has one of his friends pass me this crazy note saying that I am such a b!tch for never responing to all of this boys messages. I am utterly confused at this point and confront the boy again - he says "Oh, don''t tell me you didn''t get all my notes I put in your locker- I always knew you were a snob!" So I check my locker and sure enough there is a bulge at the bottom of my locker door -- the decorating paper had caught all the notes. So I rip open the bottom and out pours about 15 pieces of paper.

I read them - the first are kind of cute, then they start to get into the "you are my soul mate" area complete with original poetry and illustrations (nothing gross or crazy) then finally dropping into full on "fatal attraction" mode. Needless to say I switched lockers with someone later that afternoon and avoided my old hallway at all costs. I found out later that year that he didn''t even write the cute notes or poetry himself - he had his friends do that -- but he did write the crazy notes at the end!! yikes!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I went out on a date with someone shortly after graduation from college. This was someone I knew casually from some classes I knew. We would run into each other and were atrracted to each other.

So...we went out on a date and that went fine, had a great time.

Went on a second date, had a great time, all was fine.

Third date, over the course of dinner he started talking about Christmas coming up and wasn''t I excited. I said, uh no, I thought you knew I was jewish and don''t celebrate Christmas. My family and I do Hanukkah. I should mention, my maiden name does not sound jewish at all. Its more of a german name.

So he says to me, wow, that surprises me, I would have never guessed you were jewish, you certainly don''t act like you are jewish.

I was like Huh? What does that mean? What does acting jewish mean?

And here was the deal breaker like that ended dinner and ended me even returning his phone calls: He says: Oh, I meant that as a complement. When I said you don''t act Jewish, I meant that as a complement becuase all the jewish people I ever met act a certain way thats not in a good way. Then he goes on to tell me in detail about the bad traits that "all" jewish people have and I did not have. Stereotypical and awful stuff.

I got up and left the table and caught a cab home.

That was 16 years ago and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I ended up marrying someone jewish :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amy that would have upset me too...

I am Jewish but my mom was born Irish Catholic. I have very light brown/dirty blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes (I now have to highlight the hair, aging and giving birth ruin hair color and it is now a lovely mousy brown)...I was rushing sororities at USC (this is in 1983) and was in a house known for the blonde Newport Beach not Jewish girls...I ended up getting a bid from that house but did not accept it because I had heard them discussing "jewish girls" and things about them, trait wise, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. When I told someone about it, they said, well, you do not LOOK Jewish so they were just talking in front of you...It was so offensive to me that this was still an issue in 1983...that there were such stereotypes about looking a certain way etc...I never dated Jewish guys specifically, if I liked someone I liked them, but that did really upset me to think that people still viewed things that way...

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that awful diamondfan. Sounds like you had same feeling, different location. For me, it was 1991.

I don''t know where you live, but I can definately speak that there are still a LOT of backwards thinking people on this topic. I am an east coast girl and thats where it happened but now live in the midwest, and I hate it here! My kids are the ONLY jewish kids in school that I know of and the full blow Christmas pageats are awful every year. Its tough being the only jewish person on the block , in the school etc. I teach my kids to be proud of who they are but living here wears me down. I want to move home Soooooo badly but my husband wants to stay here for the money (AKA great job).

DignDive

Rough_Rock
I have a terrible blind date that comes to mind...

So I go to a family friend's wedding, and while speaking to the bride, I say something along the lines of "Dating's awful in NYC, everyone's in a rush, no one's looking for a commitment" etc...etc..etc...

Her eyes go wide and she pulls me to the side, takes a piece of paper and writes down her friend's email address and phone # and makes me swear on my mother that I'd call her next week. Apparently, her friend had said the same thing to her in the context of a different conversation, just the night before.

I smile at my good fortune at getting a girl's number that I hadn't even met yet, and gauging from the bride's excitement, I thought to myself those fateful words, "How bad could it be?".

I get around to calling the friend the next week, and we agree to meet up at 7:30pm that Wednesday at a cafe on the upper west side.

Anyway, I should've known things were off, when I got the first text message

"Running late, can we push it to 8:30?" ...It's 7:30 and I'm already at the cafe. I tell her that it's fine and I decide to go for a walk.

at 8:10 I get another text message

"My food's not here yet and I have to eat."...I think to myself, "Hmm that's funny. I thought you and *I* might get a bite to eat together."

at 8:30, my patience is starting to wear thin and she gets this text message:

"If this is inconvenient for you, we can schedule for this another time"...This is me giving her an out, to which replies:

"nononono, we can do this, just give me a little bit more time."

I think, "Cool - at least she's trying..." Oh god if I'd only known what a mistake that would turn out to be...

At 8:53, after 2 glasses of wine and almost an hour of "killing time", she finally shows up...

Digress with me for a short while...

>> Have you seen Harry Potter 2, the Prison of Azkhaban?

>> Do remember what the spectre type guards were called? The ones that guarded the prison?
- They were called Dementors

>> Do you remember what made those Dementors so scary?
- They were nefarious and evil creatures with a scary power where they suck all the happy thoughts and memories out of you leaving you with nothing but your worst memories for all time.

/digress

Well I had I date with a Dementor. A really good looking one, but a dementor nonetheless.

I'll spare you the gory details, but she was a consultant, and within about 5 minutes of speaking to her, all I could hear out of her was:
- how much she hated her job
- how distrustful she was of the person she was currently training as if that person was going to be a threat to her position
- how much she worked
- how awful this, and how annoying that, and how this peeves her and how that irks her

Not a single positive comment, not a single smile or even an attempt at one for 37 minutes straight. As each minute crept by, with each failed attempt to get her spot the humor or irony in something, I just felt all my happy thoughts slowly draining out of my soul. You read about it in Harry Potter - well I LIVED IT! and let me tell you, that was about the most awful date I've ever had.

I should've stopped 10 minutes in that conversation...Not only did I wait 53 minutes for her to show up, but I had to endure another 37 minutes of that soul sucking experience. AND I paid for her coffee.

Till I'm old and grey, I will never forget, my date with a dementor!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 1:01:45 PM
Author: DignDive
I have a terrible blind date that comes to mind...

So I go to a family friend''s wedding, and while speaking to the bride, I say something along the lines of ''Dating''s awful in NYC, everyone''s in a rush, no one''s looking for a commitment'' etc...etc..etc...

Her eyes go wide and she pulls me to the side, takes a piece of paper and writes down her friend''s email address and phone # and makes me swear on my mother that I''d call her next week. Apparently, her friend had said the same thing to her in the context of a different conversation, just the night before.

I smile at my good fortune at getting a girl''s number that I hadn''t even met yet, and gauging from the bride''s excitement, I thought to myself those fateful words, ''How bad could it be?''.

I get around to calling the friend the next week, and we agree to meet up at 7:30pm that Wednesday at a cafe on the upper west side.

Anyway, I should''ve known things were off, when I got the first text message

''Running late, can we push it to 8:30?'' ...It''s 7:30 and I''m already at the cafe. I tell her that it''s fine and I decide to go for a walk.

at 8:10 I get another text message

''My food''s not here yet and I have to eat.''...I think to myself, ''Hmm that''s funny. I thought you and *I* might get a bite to eat together.''

at 8:30, my patience is starting to wear thin and she gets this text message:

''If this is inconvenient for you, we can schedule for this another time''...This is me giving her an out, to which replies:

''nononono, we can do this, just give me a little bit more time.''

I think, ''Cool - at least she''s trying...'' Oh god if I''d only known what a mistake that would turn out to be...

At 8:53, after 2 glasses of wine and almost an hour of ''killing time'', she finally shows up...

Digress with me for a short while...

>> Have you seen Harry Potter 2, the Prison of Azkhaban?

>> Do remember what the spectre type guards were called? The ones that guarded the prison?
- They were called Dementors

>> Do you remember what made those Dementors so scary?
- They were nefarious and evil creatures with a scary power where they suck all the happy thoughts and memories out of you leaving you with nothing but your worst memories for all time.

/digress

Well I had I date with a Dementor. A really good looking one, but a dementor nonetheless.

I''ll spare you the gory details, but she was a consultant, and within about 5 minutes of speaking to her, all I could hear out of her was:
- how much she hated her job
- how distrustful she was of the person she was currently training as if that person was going to be a threat to her position
- how much she worked
- how awful this, and how annoying that, and how this peeves her and how that irks her

Not a single positive comment, not a single smile or even an attempt at one for 37 minutes straight. As each minute crept by, with each failed attempt to get her spot the humor or irony in something, I just felt all my happy thoughts slowly draining out of my soul. You read about it in Harry Potter - well I LIVED IT! and let me tell you, that was about the most awful date I''ve ever had.

I should''ve stopped 10 minutes in that conversation...Not only did I wait 53 minutes for her to show up, but I had to endure another 37 minutes of that soul sucking experience. AND I paid for her coffee.

Till I''m old and grey, I will never forget, my date with a dementor!
I''m an HP fan, so I got a kick out of the Dementor comparison... But yuck, that sounds awful. She sounds like my FFIL, actually...
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:33:17 AM
Author: Rebot
I only wish that I could remember all of the details of the worst date ever. I really should call my roommate at the time so I can give you all of the details, but here it goes. This is a true story.

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life when I was 22 or 23. My friend got a new job in Eau Clair, WI and convinced me to move out there and get a job. One of the trainers at my new gym asked me out. He wasn''t really my type, but he was cute and I was bored so I said ok.

He picks me up at my apartment and when we walk out to the car and there are two baby seats in the back. OK, I was surprised he never mentioned his kids when we talked at the gym but whatever. I get in and notice the garter hanging from the rear view mirror. Then he flicked a switch and the underside of the car glowed a bright blue. I should have known right then.

He then takes me to the college pool hall because they have free pool. After a couple of games we go to the bar for a drink. We meet up with some of his friends who start making racist comments about any and everyone who isn''t white. I tell him that isn''t my thing and get up to call my roommate to come get me. He comes up and says they really aren''t his friends. He then asks me to go and talk to one of his friends (a girl) who is crying in the bathroom. Dumb as I am, I went. She was crying because her husband showed up at the bar and threatened to beat up her boyfriend that she had brought. She said that her husband beat her and she was trying to leave him. I said we would take her home.

We get into the car and she''s in the backseat between the car seats. The husband comes out and all of a sudden we have a car chase through the city. We were squealing around corners while the garter was swinging back and forth all while the car was glowing an eerie blue. We finally lost him and somehow end up at another corner bar where the girl was meeting up with her boyfriend. I thought we were dropping her off and then I was going home.

We get into the bar and the story of the car chase quickly spread. All of a sudden, my date and I are hero''s for saving her. The entire bar starts chanting kiss, kiss, kiss I tried to ignore it, but they wouldn''t stop so I give him a peck and the crowd went wild. He leaned over and whispered in my ear about tucking me in later. I told him that I didn''t need anyone to tuck me in and instead of getting it he winks and whispers to me ''that will give us something to look forward to on the second date''

Let''s just say I felt a little awkward running into him at the gym after that.
That sounds horrible. It makes a person glad you aren''t involved in that crap! YUCKO!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My worst date was in high school. I had a crush on this guy forever, and finally he asked me out. Unfortunately over dinner the chemistry was way off and we just had nothing to talk to eachother about. But neither of us wanted to end the date so early in the evening (probably 8 pm or something) so we decided to go bowling. We should have just gone to a movie and not had to talk! What were we thinking. Anyway, we kept bowling and bowling, til my arm was about to fall off. About 5 games in, it was my turn, but instead of releasing the ball in the right direction, I accidentally dropped it on the backswing and it started going towards him at a high rate of speed! Fortunatley nobody was hurt but it goes down as probably my worst date as well as most embarrassing moments!

And when he dropped me off that night, I think both of us knew we would not be going out again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results